My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

4.8 /5 (684 reviews) Write a Review!

Don S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Fully featured time tracking

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I started using My Hours when I was working part time for two employers. The free version had plenty of features for separating hours worked, and reporting time against various tasks. I now have one job where I track my hours, and My Hours does all that I need. Total experience with the product is about a year and a half.

Pros

Very usable free version. Ads are unobtrusive. No nagging to upgrade. Works well, features and improvements are steadily added.

Cons

Hard to find anything to complain about. If I 'pause' a task, and leave the web browser open, it will appear to resume the task. Closing and refreshing displays the correct 'paused' state.

Response from Spica

Hi Don,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. It's good to hear My Hours serves you well.

We will make sure we keep adding features and improvements in the future as well!

Have a good day,

Susan K.

A Key to my business!

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

My Hours is an essential part of my small business , it's easy to use and reliable.

Pros

As an independent virtual assistant I have a number of clients to track, a number of projects to keep tabs on for each of them. I love how easy it is to set up task tracking in My Hours. I also appreciate that the program is being updated regularly, and the communication about what's changed or been added is really clear from the company. I use My Hours every work day and recommend it to anyone looking to track their time!

Cons

I don't have any criticisms of this app.

Nial B.

Time tracking for dummies

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

Generally I am pleased with My Hours and it does what it says on the tin. It is important that I can keep accurate time and associated costs as a draughtsman and particualry for amendments and changes in projects. I also offer software support to my clients and it is vital that I can allocate time against their support contract. In both cases it is important that I can generate a report of usage for my clients - My Hours does it all.

Pros

I needed a solution for time tracking that was stand alone and would not take me weeks to get to grips with. I was able to set up and use My Hours straight out of the gate.

Cons

Initially it took me a little while to get to grips with filtering for reports but it was never a critical failing.

Carole S.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Great for tracking time for billing purposes

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

I've been using My Hours since 2015; it is invaluable to my business.

Pros

I like the ease of starting my time and then stopping my time, by client, with just one or two clicks. My work often requires that I switch from client to client and My Hours makes it very easy to do that. At the end of the month, I can quickly prepare a report and get my monthly billing to my customers. I'm sure there are many features I'm not even utilizing.

Cons

The report functions are a little confusing to me... but they are constantly improving the software.

Response from Spica

Hi Carole,

thank you for your review and kind words. Yes, we will further improve the reporting functionality according to the feedback.

Thanks,

Liam O.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Exactly what I need to track my time

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

This software does exactly what I need to record my time and bill clients
I feel guilty however - I do it for free on the free version!

Pros

Drop downs that suggest the project you want to record time
Activities by type
I can enter from anywhere - laptop, Pad, Phone

Cons

I struggle with the app and use the browser version
Trying to get used to the new version with different reporting

Response from Spica

Hi Liam,

Thank you for your kind review! It's great to hear that My Hours is exactly what you need!

We will be updating the mobile app in the future to make it easier to use.

Oh, and please contact us at [email protected] to help you with the new reporting. It has all the same functionalities as before, it's just that some might be located elsewhere. We'll be glad to assist.

Best wishes,

Wesley A.

Software Developer - Time Tracking and Invoicing

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

It does a good job of letting me jump right into my projects and begin to bill time without taking a lot of time for set up.

Pros

This product allows me to track my hours for multiple clients and projects for each client. Then when I'm ready to bill the client I can easily select the dates for invoicing and send to my client for payments.

Cons

The recent updates change several of the screens that I've been using for a long time and it was a little hard to get used to.

Response from Spica

Hi Wesley,

Thank you for your helpful review! We are glad My Hours works so well for you.

Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about the new reporting. It has all the same functionalities as before, it's just that some might be located elsewhere. We'll be glad to assist.

Best wishes,

Heather B.

Exactly What I Needed

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

As a sole contractor/consultant working with a variety of clients, I love how easy it is to track all my professional as well as personal time in My Hours and quickly generate invoices and see where I'm spending my time. This is exactly what I needed to keep organized and accountable.

Pros

This software is very simple to use and helps me keep easily keep track of what could be time consuming and complicated to track. I especially like the ability to track tasks under specific projects and clients. The reporting feature allows me to generate invoices within just a few minutes.

Cons

A small issue that I don't like about the software is just how sometimes it is difficult to get the right dates selected in the calendar when I'm running reports. Minor issue.

Randy F.

Great Tool for Freelancers & Solo Pros

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Pros

When I began working for myself, I I knew I didn't need all the bells and whistles of the time management software I knew from the corporate world, but I knew spreadsheets wouldn't cut it. I'm so glad I found My Hours. The free version is a perfect and low-maintenance way to track hours, projects and rates. I don't yet need the functions of the Pro version, but I'm ready to make that leap if it comes to it. In the meantime, I've tried to get every solo pro I know to make My Hours part of their day.

Cons

I'm still learning the mobile app. I wish it more closely mirrored the way certain functions operate on the site, but it is still a good way to track time if I'm not near the full browser version.

Jennifer B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Keeping me on track

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

I have used this software for over 7 years, it has improved and has always been reliable​.

Pros

The ease and reliability​ of the software has allowed me to stay consistent with my client billing.

Cons

More reporting options on the free version would be helpful.

Kultida S.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Tracking my time better with free plan of My Hours

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

It is a great tool even It is a free plan. The website looks friendly to my eyes.

Pros

I am a full-time translater; working from home. I used to track my time by using a freelancer platform. It is difficult to track my time if my clients are not on the platform. I then searched for a time tracker and found "My Hours". It's the best solution, I have ever discovered. I can create projects for different clients of it for billing purposes. Now, It is not just for billing purpose but help me to track my time of each job for working efficiency.

Cons

The colour of an interface is quite plain. It could be better if there are different colour for quick recognition. I then can find the menu and button faster and better.

Isadora M.
  • Industry: Online Media

Simple, easy and perfect for my working needs

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Using My Hours I don't have to lose my time on organizing my report of billing hours in the end of the month - just need to press the export button and it is done. Looks very professional. I also enjoy using the software because it is very simple and functional.

Pros

My Hours is super easy to use. Its interface is very intuitive, I could easily understand how to create projects, tasks and log my time. Also, it generates a nice graphic to visualize how are my hours for the month and creates a beautiful (but simple) report to deliver to my clients.

Cons

Since I use the free account, I'm very satisfied with the service. But the only thing I think would be nice to have in the free account is the possibility to add a manager or supervisor that could check my hours without me sending them. So the only thing I don't like is that I am alone in the platform and cannot add a someone to overview my tasks/hours.

Response from Spica

Hi Isadora,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are glad you are satisfied with My Hours functionalities.

The possibility to share your data with a manager is available in the PRO version which supports teams.
In the future, we will also be adding a feature that will let our users share data with their clients easily.

Katie L.

Wonderful Product

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

We no longer have to use multiple programs to track time, projects, PTO, etc.

Pros

My Hours streamlines the time clock system and allows you to track specific time spent on projects, vacation time, etc. This has saved us so much time and money!

Cons

Nothing, very easy to use. We have had no complaints or issues us all with this amazingly helpful program

Davis C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Awesome product, highly recommend

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Pros

Using the browser app:
Excellent task management
Excellent reporting features
Great project, task setup features; fast; can allocate same tasks to different clients at different rates
Reports on actual time and Hours:Hours%, making time charge invoicing easier
Adaptable
Ability to export data
Graphical overviews, general and specific
Assists with workflow
Improves productivity
No downtime or data loss

Cons

Phone & Pad app is very basic compared to browser version. Use browser version whenever possible. Still, am using the free edition, and as such I deeply appreciate the services and functionality that My Hours offers.

Shivaraman A.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Perfect for anyone looking for a simple time tracker

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Pros

It's very easy to use, coupled with the mobile app I've not needed anything more since I started using it.
The functionality to add rates at project setup and to not have to worry about them individually is just awesome!

I've only used the free version and the fact that I haven't ever been forced to get the premium version is something I'm very thankful about. If and when I would grow my team, I would surely try out the version for teams.

Cons

Only one: the lack of connecting this with other PMS like trello or asana is something I would love to see. Or even an API availability for others to create ways to link the app to other systems

Response from Spica

Hi Shivaraman,

Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input.

It's good to hear My Hours fits your needs so well! You'll be glad to hear that some integrations are already on the way, and we are finishing the API as well.

Wish you all the best,

Reuben B.

Great product, minus a few irritations

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Overall, MyHours has been a significant tool in my freelancer toolbelt, allowing me to gain insight on the services I provide, and allowing me to improve on my delivery time frames and cost estimates. With the exception of a few annoyances, the product is very straight-forward to use and provides the tools to make it an integral part of any business's toolkit.

Pros

MyHours is an easy to use solution for tracking hours on projects, big or small. As a freelance developer, it is very important for me to track my estimates versus actual time spend on a project, or single tasks within a project, and MyHours provides numerous reporting capabilities to assist me in my time breakdown across tasks, projects, and clients.

Cons

When first starting out, it seemed counter-intuitive to have to set up clients and projects before you could even get started on the tasks within the project. Maybe a "quick setup" option would be helpful for creating a new project under a new client?

Secondly, a lot of tasks are singular to a particular project - while having a task list shared across clients/projects makes sense for certain tasks (i.e. - "Meetings", or "Initial setup"), having to sift through tasks that belong to other projects or archive individual tasks for a completed project is administrative overhead that I could do without.

Nancy S.

MyHours for Accountability

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

MyHours helps me track how I use my working time. I use the data to optimize my business performance, to maximize my billable hours and stay on track with my business goals.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use MyHours and how it gives me the ability to manage my time as a business owner. I can track the amount of time I spend in administrative functions, business development and client work, to make sure I am optimizing how I use my working time.
The software is intuitive and allows me to configure for the tasks and projects for my clients. It is quite flexible. I have recommended it to all my entrepreneurial colleagues.

Cons

MyHours recently changed its reporting. While I can still get the client data that I need for invoicing, it has become slightly more cumbersome.

Response from Spica

Hi Nancy,

thank you for the review. Thank you for your feedback with regards to reporting funcationlity.

Best,

Chad S.
  • Industry: Design

My Hours is great

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

My overall experience with My Hours has been excellent, and I have found it to be a valuable tool, especially when I get busy.

Pros

How easy it is to use. I'm a graphic designer who works for an agency as well as for myself, and My Hours has really helped me keep track of the time I give to tasks. My clients also really appreciate that I give them a breakdown of how much time I gave to their jobs and in what areas I focused my time.

Cons

Not so much a con, but it would be great if I could somehow set up the way in which My Hours exports EXCEL sheets, with regards to what information is displayed in what order and under what heading. A sort of 'custom export option' if you will, so that it exports them in my desired format and layout with the click of a button.

Response from Spica

Hi Chad,

thank you for taking the time to review our solution, we appreciate it! We are happy to help you with keeping track of your time.

You can do a lot to customize your reports using the grouping and filtering functions in the Activity view. Please contact us at [email protected] to help you with this.

Easy to Use, Great for Tracking Hours Across Multiple Clients and Projects

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

I've used My Hours as a independent contractor to track hours and invoice clients, and it's been a tremendous easy to implement and use tool to monitor everything. To do this in something like Google would have been a huge pain, and I'm so grateful a colleague introduced me to this.

Pros

How easy it is to use. For managing multiple clients and projects, it's been a breeze to track and report hours, including tracking of different pay rates where applicable. The reports include full hours breakouts and notes, which is hugely helpful as supplemental information when invoicing.

Cons

I haven't had any cons that I've run into, my use is relatively small so I'm not certain how it would scale across a large organization, but as a sole contractor it's been fantastic.

Kirk B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

Solid product that is easy to incorporate into the organization

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Happy with the software and the way it works for my organization. I was up and running in less than an hour and the software easily adapts to meet my changing needs.

Pros

This product is easy to use, set up and incorporate into the daily functions of the organization. Technology is solid and accessible. The mobile app allows you to connect anywhere as well.

Cons

You cannot sort the time log in reverse chronological order. I cannot always use the state/stop feature so I manually enter my times. I work on projects each day and have to scroll through till the end to see where my entries end.

Veronica T.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

I use the free version, and I love it

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Because I work from home, I could not keep track of how much time I was actually putting in on the job. With constant interruptions from children, pets, and spouse, I felt that I was working 8 hours, but I was only getting about 2 hours work done. With this program, I was able to give my family a visual report about how much time I was actually getting to work at one time. Once they understood how their interruptions were interfering with my workday, they were more understanding of my time and started backing off during work hours.

Pros

I can track my hours according to client, project, and task. I can create reports based on days, weeks, or months or based on client, project, or task. If I need a report that I cannot figure out how to create, I can download all the data to my hard drive and fiddle with it in Excel.

I love this software because I can do almost everything I need to do with a keyboard shortcut. My favorite thing, though, is the ease with which it tracks my hours and lets me know how much time I spent actually working today.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to figure out how to create, though I do usually get there eventually. Also, I don't have a way to sort according to the Notes, so I had to create separate tasks for each chapter, so I'd know how much time I was spending on specific chapters.

Lori A.

Best Hours Tracking Tool

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I use it as an independent contractor to bill clients. I also use it as an employee to track my time to enter into a "bad" time tracking system.

Pros

I like how easy it to use but has features to do custom reporting.
It's always available, in 2+ years I've used it, it's always up.
I totally rely on it to track hours and there has never been a hiccup.
I like how it keeps tracking hours even after I shutdown my browser because I know when I stopped working and it keeps tracking even if I don't have my browse up. I love how I can edit tasks and make adjustments easily.

Cons

Sometimes when I go back to previous day, it might not refresh properly. The case is when I worked a Sunday in the past, but go back to Sunday in current week, it shows hours from previous week. I can do a force refresh but that takes me back to current day. I work around it by scrolling backwards past the weekend days, and then scroll forward. It refreshes and the data is correct. That's really the only issue I have ever encountered.

Response from Spica

Hi Lori,

Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input and staying with us for so long!

The glitch that you mentioned will be fixed with the next big upgrade in the following months.

Kind regards,

Michael B.

• Customer Support Software

Generally excellent; Came closest to suiting my needs

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

My Hours is far-and-away the best fit I have found for my particular requirements. Competing products that I looked at were extremely bloated with inadequate task and project management. The interface is clean and functional and not weighted down with features I would never use. It is difficult to find a site (app?) for a given purpose that hasn't tried to be everything to everybody. My Hours has focused their attention on time logging and has done it extremely well (at least for my particular use case).

Pros

Time logging itself is extremely easy to use and the interface suits the way I want to use it well. Support is excellent and they always address my questions and suggestions in a very timely fashion. Their focus is on time logging and the service is not cluttered with features I will never use.

Cons

My work is predominately freelance. I get paid through quite a few different channels and frequently have to log my time again in other systems. My Hours is a little too designed towards being the inclusive source for invoicing. Generating reports of all time worked for a given client so that I can provide an activity report is a bit cumbersome and unfortunately, I do not completely trust their accuracy as filter options often reset themselves and there were issues early on when certain activity was excluded without it being clear that it was. To their credit though they have continually worked on the reports and they are much better.

Stephanie l. W.

Best Hourly Software for Virtual Assistants

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

I often work on projects that are paid by the hour and I use My Hours to time myself as I work. It's so easy to customize to each project!

Pros

With a virtual career, I often need to track my hours when working. I have been through several different types of time management software and only My Hours has worked for my needs. It's customizable for my business and its interface works seamlessly between all my pieces of technology. I really like how easy it is to pull reports from the Dashboard when I need to submit my hours to the company.

Cons

There is only one feature missing from the software that I have determined after using it for almost a year. When a report is pulled up, I would like to be able to click to a certain day on the graph. Right now the bar graphs are not hyperlinked to the actual working hours.

David H.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

• Customer Support Software

great fit for a great price

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

assisting greatly with our monthly invoicing and monitoring of staffs productivity

Pros

Usually time recording systems, when geared at accountants and solicitors, cost a fortune. This product is simple, and cost effective and has helped us increase our billing by approximately 10 - 15% percent each month, which far outweighs the cost. It helps us identify fixed fee clients who need a review as their business has expanded and the reports from my hours can be used to assist with justification of increases,

Cons

Up until recently, the exporting of large volume of data was very slow, and frequently crashed the system, however the way the reports are prepared has changed and is now working super. e.g. show me all time spent on a client for the last 12 month by all staff.

Response from Spica

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! It is very exciting to hear that My Hours has helped you increase your billing by 10 - 15%, this is awesome!

Thank you for your feedback on the speed of reporting as well, we are glad that the changes were this effective.

Jeannie C.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Best time tracker for solopreneurs!

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Absolutely love My Hours & have for years! I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and have a free TSheets account, and have used many different time trackers over the years, I prefer My Hours. If I had a team I might need the features of TSheets, but since it's just me, My Hours is perfect, and free. I love the simplicity and it gives me everything I need. Love the dashboard that shows me my average billable hours per day, and my average hourly rate. I've set up projects/tasks for unbillable time as well as billable, so the dashboard is invaluable in showing me how productive my time is.

Pros

Free version has everything I need without a bunch of things I don't. Love the dashboard!

Cons

Can't remove unused columns, such as status & invoiced, from activity report