My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

4.9/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Kim
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

MyHours - great way to track my time

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

Great way to help me prepare my invoices for clients

Pros

It is really easy to set up. Day to day it works great! And I love that it is free - for 1 person and not a team to use, the free version makes the most sense.

Cons

They often upgrade things and then I have to figure out what the changes are Sometimes the changes are not for the best.

Nadege
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

If you don't need integration with an external app, this is the best time tracker I've seen

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Response time of MyHours is amazing. You click, it starts. Some other software are simply too slow to process information or start tasks and I'm always wondering if the task timer has started or not. Also, this UI actually incites you to take notes which is never something you do naturally because, at that moment, you KNOW what you are working on. However, two months down the line, when the client says "what is this 4h30 log there ??", you can respond clearly "Oh you called me and you procrastinated for hours before making a decision, that's why it took so long dude !" :))

Pros

- Its user interface is pretty, fast-reacting, intuitive. It takes no time to understand how it works.

- You can assign the same task to various projects, which is pretty cool : the fact that I have several projects where the same tasks apply (I manage a client's clients and for each of them, I have translations, website audit, profile analysis to do... So it's great to create the task once and for all and assign it to each sub-client).

- With the invoicing feature, you can see immediately what's been invoiced, what's to be invoiced. As a freelancer, this is great as you don't necessarily invoice all your clients at the end of a month. Some yes, but some are invoiced at the end of a project. No looking around, exports, calculations, to see who needs to be invoiced.

- Because of how it's set up, unless you are really not focused, it's pretty impossible to have logs that don't correspond to a project and a client. My previous time tracking softwares were leaving me with unidentified logs that kept me wondering for hours on what project / task I worked three weeks ago, at 1.21am !! :) I ended up deleting logs because I had no clue if it was a mistake or a real work log...

- You can set up hourly rates per task or per project or per team member. That comes in handy because, in my case, I have different clients that I charge differently. And within the same client, I also have different rates depending on the project.

- Pricing is spot on.

Cons

Liking "least" is not how I would define it... I would say there is room for improvement in a couple of areas that are, right now, not critical for me (but might be for others):

- No integration (that I know of) with productivity software / project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Monday, Slack, Airtable, etc...). For some, it will prove a bit wasteful to have tasks in those apps and to have to repeat them in MyHours.

- Filtering is limited. For example, I have two clients that are close partners and even though I invoice them separately, projects are intertwined. I need to group those two clients together when I report and analyze time spent on projects. Right now, I can only filter one client at a time and I would appreciate filter where you can multiple select.

- Like all time trackers I know, MyHours also doesn't provide a really great to have feature : providing a read only view for clients of logs applying to them. For example, one of my clients for whom I work on a daily basis needs to know my "count" for the month at any given time, so he knows if he can give me more work or not, since we are on an hours package basis... Having a permanent URL where he can check on his own where I'm at and what I've worked on and how long would avoid time wasted for him asking me and time wasted for me telling him :)

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

I had a lot of logs without clients, without projects and I wouldn't be warned until I was doing my invoicing and couldn't remember what I was doing. Lately the product became very unstable and I wasted hours just trying to start tracking and ended up tracking on my book with a pen... Frustrating. Overall, Tracking Time had way more filtering options where you could end up producing any report of any data, which was really cool but, at the end of the day, what you need is a very reactive time tracking software, which it was no longer.

TrackingTime

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

I imported my logs into Harvest but there was a mistake with the date format and all ended up being a mess. I wanted to delete all those old logs and re-import and was never able to do that, even with admin rights. I suppose it's possible to do it, I guess, but after 30 minutes of looking in vain, I thought that it was a pretty bad start so I decided to give up and look for something else. Glad I did, that's how I found MyHours !

Response from Spica

Hi Nadege,

thank you so much for your kind review.

Below are my short comments:
1. We are indeed slow on the integrations part. Will improve on this front very soon.
2. You can, in fact, select multiple projects or clients in reports. Maybe it is not straightforward enough. Please, contact support to learn how.
3. Shared reporting would make total sense, thanks.

Thank you for your suggestions and kind words.

Miha

Bob
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Great lightweight utility for tracking time

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

As a small business with only a handful of clients, it's vitally important for me to know how much time I'm actually spending on a project. I've tried various time-tracking tools and My Hours is, by far, the best value of the bunch: Just the right amount of functionality without too many complications, and at a fair cost. I've recommended it to others on several occasions.

Pros

My Hours is an affordable, simple system to track time for anyone or any organization that works by the hour. I started with it as an individual and it was a great tool for helping me improve my estimates and increase profitability of the work I took on. I've since expanded it to a small team, and it's my main resource for time management and substantiating client invoices.

Cons

There are a few issues, such as the selector window shuts down when you reach the bottom of a list - so if you're just a little bit heavy on the mouse and miss the right moment to click, you end up having to go back and re-select the client/project etc. Also, a recent change in the way reports work has forced me to change the way I do billing. I find it frustrating but no more so than the unanticipated changes every online service provider makes from time to time.

Frank

My Hours delivers a clean consistent user interface with an impressive and affordable feature...

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Using My Hours delivers a rewarding and pleasant experience to the otherwise mundane task of time tracking and reporting.

Pros

The interface to enter hours by project and task with tags either manually or automatic time tracking.
The clean crisp appearance, the configurability, as well as the customization capabilities of the Activity Report.

Cons

Sometimes I have to think a bit on how to switch time tracking modes, for example from the daily time log to the weekly timesheet view.

TimeCamp, TopTracker, Clockify, and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

The increased cost of the other product became prohibitive. The search for an replacement time tracking solution was due to the new pricing structure of QuickBooks Time.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

The ability manage time tracking by project, tasks, and tags. The ability generate pdf activity reports. The easy to use and intuitive interface for entering billable time by client and project. The affordability, as well as the modern, professional and elegant interface of all the features compared to the others products that I trialed led to an easy decision to move forward with My Hours. After several months of use, I am very pleased with my decision.

Suits My Needs

Reviewed on 29/07/2022

I am happy I went with My Hours after spending a lot of time reviewing other small business accounting software/online services, nothing gave me the flexibility and control I wished for -- then I stumbled upon My Hours after a lot of frustration with others My Hours fits my needs better than anything else I have come across.

Pros

I like the activity review - you can see any aspect of a project and spot any missing elements. It's easy to customize reports. It enables clients and myself to see the big picture of where things are at (costs). I prefer to generate my own invoices manually since they need to be customized to the job and client. So My Hours allows me to see scope of a project and what needs to be billed etc. at any time.

Cons

A little difficult to customize, and some aspects need more flexibility. I tend to have to repeat some things often...

Abrielle
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Reliable & Organized Time Tracking Software!

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Pros

My Hours is super easy to view, learn, and use. Clocking in and clocking out as a way of tracking time is easy, or time can be manually logged with a project name and description about the work done. The Reports generated by the system are well-organized, easy to read, and are easy to send to show time worked.

Cons

It seems like some of my projects are billed at different rates even though I’ve changed the rate and set it to be from the beginning

Doretha
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Accurate billing and time tracking

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

The software is easy to understand. I use it daily to track my time and manage my projects to give my clients an accurate breakdown of the time spent in order to reflect the fair monetary value at the end of the month.

Pros

I love the automated billing feature for every individual project created that ensures I bill my clients fairly and give them a detailed report on how their hours were spent.

Cons

Sometimes the email functionality or summery does not work, and I try again later...

Roeland

Out of competition

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Good, don't want to change it.

Pros

We are using My Hours for more than 5-6 years now. Used the paid and the free version. Both do compell exactly to our expections. You want to invoice a customer per project, per hour, per period, as consultancy, per... you can choose. Reporting is easy and accurate.

Cons

Sometimes total hours versus decimal results are not 1 on 1 but you can't make an egg square also...

Lee
  • Industry: Executive Office

Great time tracking program, easy to use

Reviewed on 29/07/2022

Overall MyHours is an integral part of my business and I use it on a daily basis. I have already recommended it to friends and colleagues.

Pros

I have tried a few time tracking programs and found MyHours the easiest to use and the most intuitive. I have the free version and it does everything I need to track time for client projects and create professional-looking reports that I send with my invoices. Highly recommend MyHours.

Cons

I don't have any problems with MyHours, it does everything I need.

Clockify and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

I found it the most intuitive and learnt how to use it quickly and easily.
Ben

Honest review from an every day user for the first 6 months

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

I am happy with my overall experience. Over all easy interface and nothing is over complicated. I love the fact that you can export direct to Excell.

Pros

My Hours was really easy to set up and get going. We have a couple of staff that are out onsite and are not as "tech savvy" as most but they have even seemed to pick it up a lot quicker than other apps that we use.

Cons

Only using it for 6 months and previously not using any other softwafe its hard for me to find anything not to like about My Hours... it's making my day to day work easier so I can't really complain about it!

Lilian

Best Value for Money

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

I find that it's much easier to provide a time sheet to my client, and I like the layout and the reporting function of My Hours. I'm now considering to upgrade my free plan so I can utilise the time budget feature.

Pros

There is so much value in the Free plan. It's easy to use, and I like the layout.

Cons

I would love a desktop app for Mac please. Sometimes I forget to stop the timer on the browser. I'm afraid I don't like using the app on my phone as I find my phone distracting when I'm at work so rather not have to touch the phone.

Timeular, TOGGLE, and MinuteDock

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

Toggle was the first time tracking software I used. I didn't quite like the layout for some reason. Having tried out MyHours.. I made the switch when I wanted to send out monthly time sheets to my client.

TOGGLE

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

It was Free, and had all the features I wanted in the Free plan, and I like the layout.
Richard
  • Industry: Design

Time will tell.

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

I use MyHours every day. It keeps me sane. It stops we overworking or underworking. It also gives me the power to assess individual areas of my business, life, and projects so I can fine tune and not live in la la land when it comes to understanding how long creative projects (and non-creative for that matter) actually take. Critical when it comes to pricing projects and determining the right fee level.

Pros

You can copy from the previous week so you don't have to rebuild your timesheet.

Cons

That it didn't have this until recently! You can see your whole week spread of projects, tasks, and time and edit the whole lot with an overview of everything.

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

I was cost-cutting and bootstrapping a new business and wanted a simple entry-level way to keep track. MyHours offered that and then some.

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

Price. MyHours is much better value overall.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Flexible and reliable time tracking for multiple projects

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Overall I find it easy to log in to MyHours at the start of my work day and to jump between tasks.
I rely on the reporting to complete my company monthly timesheet which insists on me entering a % of my time spent on each project and task.

Pros

- Easy to start and stop time recording
- Ability to continue tracking time of tasks from earlier in the day or week
- ability to report the % of my monthly time spent at both project and task level

Cons

- in Dashboard report, no way to display a column for % time for tasks inside each project. (I have requested this feature multiple times but you are ignoring me!) The dashboard bar charts DO show % but the table below listing tasks and projects does not and cannot be customized. My employer needs % time use on each task, and currently I need to manually calculate!
- in the latest UI, the 'Start new' button starts recording time against an 'empty' record. I am forced to open it and add details. What I want it to do is exactly the same as the '+ Add time log' button. That is, open the editor for me to enter Project, task, etc, and only start recording time when I click the blue 'Add time log' button.
- - in the latest UI, when I '+ Add time log' , I want the editor to close immediately after I click the blue 'Add time log' button, to save space of the screen. (It is unlikely users want to add multiple time logs one after the other.)
- in the latest UI, the blue 'Add time log' button (below the editor) should be renamed "Add and Start" to make it obvious that time recording will start.
- the 'Favorite log' feature is non-intuitive and clunky. Suggest adding a simple 'star' icon to each task which I can click to make it a favorite. OR on the Edit time log dialog, add a 'star' icon I can click
- when I 'Add a favourite time log', I want the editor to close immediately, to save space of the screen. (It is unlikely users want to add multiple favorites one after the other.)

Brian

Flexible, Simple Time tracking

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

As a freelancer, my ongoing success depends on my ability to get paid for my work. As such, an accurate and flexible time tracking software is quite possibly the most critical software function in my business. I cannot accurately bill my clients without it. My Hours does everything I need it to do, and is in an easy to use and functional format with a clean, uncluttered interface. It's become an indispensable tool for me.

Pros

There was very little learning curve. I had changed to My Hours from an old tracking software from another vendor (which I had used for many years) and was initially concerned that I would lose productivity when switching to the new software. But I was wrong. I was up and running in less than an hour.

Once I got it running, I quickly realized that it was more flexible than the old software I had been using and would enable me to do everything I was accustomed to doing with the old software but with none of the problems that drove me to change. It's been a painless and seamless change to using My Hours.

Cons

At first the user interface took some getting used to, and some of the features were in unfamiliar or unintuitive places, but that quickly became a non-issue for me. And the company is always making incremental improvements.

Jeannie
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Best time tracker for solopreneurs!

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Absolutely love My Hours & have for years! I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and have a free TSheets account, and have used many different time trackers over the years, I prefer My Hours. If I had a team I might need the features of TSheets, but since it's just me, My Hours is perfect, and free. I love the simplicity and it gives me everything I need. Love the dashboard that shows me my average billable hours per day, and my average hourly rate. I've set up projects/tasks for unbillable time as well as billable, so the dashboard is invaluable in showing me how productive my time is.

Pros

Free version has everything I need without a bunch of things I don't. Love the dashboard!

Cons

Can't remove unused columns, such as status & invoiced, from activity report

QuickBooks Time and Harvest

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

TSheets is overkill for what I need & complicated to use. I love the simplicity of My Hours, and even the free version has everything I need.

QuickBooks Time

Free, and ease of use
Kristen
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

Excellent and robust even as a free service

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

This has allowed me to keep detailed billing records for a handful of my freelance clients. There is so much flexibility that I could easily use it even for flat fee projects. It is simple to set up and almost mindless to use, yet it feels very robust. I've never felt a feature is missing. After trying countless competitors, including some very expensive industry software, I'm still convinced this is the best choice. And as my business grows, there's plenty of room to upgrade and expand the uses.

Also, and importantly, customer service is wonderful. One weekend, I stupidly locked myself out of my account but changing the email address to one I no longer use or have access to. I still don't know what I did, but CS responded within hours. They found my account even though none of the info I'd provided was accurate. They completely saved my weekend! And they didn't even make fun of me for the mistake!

Through all my experiences, I've become a huge fan of My Hours. I'm happy to talk to anyone who is considering it.

Pros

This software is simple to set up and use. I don't waste any time setting up a new project. Once I've entered the client, I just start timing and go.

I usually use the free version. I don't do a lot of hourly billing in my freelance career. So, I track projects and then add up the hours to create my own invoices in WorD. This service allows me to keep permanent detailed records, and my clients know they can ask for the information if they want to review how I spend my time.

If I take on more than the small handful of clients I currently have, I plan to upgrade to a paid account so I am able to generate invoices and have more clients. But for a basic user, this is the best service I've found. And I've tried them all.

Note, I used to be an attorney in a small practice. I would have used this constantly in my billing had I known about it.

Cons

I sometimes forget to hit start or stop because there is no window hovering over my workspace. Other than that, I honestly have no complaints. It suits my needs perfectly.

Response from Spica

Dear Kristen,

Thank you very much for your positive review.
We are very happy to hear our service is valuable to you and that our support was able to save your weekend :)

All the best,
The My Hours Team

Melanie
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Some very good bits & 1 or 2 niggles

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Our old time recording system ceased to be supported so we had to find a new one. We looked at lots of alternatives and ran a new one for almost a year but it was dreadful. Lots of systems want to manage your whole practice rather than just log time so finding My Hours was a real relief. We run it alongside Xero and our CRM both of which we didn’t want to change. Apart from niggles as above this has been a great system for us.

Pros

It’s great to be able to log time as you work, whether in the office or in the move. I’m sure being easy to do so means we capture more chargeable hours than we did using our old (very annoying) system.

Cons

Overall this is a great product but I have a few niggles which I hope might get sorted out. I don’t like that time is logged to the second rather than whole minutes or nearest 5 minutes - it makes us look money grabbing. Not being able to set up a new chargeable project without having to go into a more detailed screen is annoying and no longer having a link back to the time record from a time report is slowing us down. I don’t like the time report layout as you have to look for the client name and project name - our old original system included a header with this detail which made for better client presentation.

• Industry: Airlines/Aviation

• Customer Support Software

great fit for a great price

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

assisting greatly with our monthly invoicing and monitoring of staffs productivity

Pros

Usually time recording systems, when geared at accountants and solicitors, cost a fortune. This product is simple, and cost effective and has helped us increase our billing by approximately 10 - 15% percent each month, which far outweighs the cost. It helps us identify fixed fee clients who need a review as their business has expanded and the reports from my hours can be used to assist with justification of increases,

Cons

Up until recently, the exporting of large volume of data was very slow, and frequently crashed the system, however the way the reports are prepared has changed and is now working super. e.g. show me all time spent on a client for the last 12 month by all staff.

Response from Spica

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! It is very exciting to hear that My Hours has helped you increase your billing by 10 - 15%, this is awesome!

Thank you for your feedback on the speed of reporting as well, we are glad that the changes were this effective.

All the best,

Anna

Even the free version is excellent

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

The free version is easy to navigate and lets me track all my hours and export them into an attractive, well organized spreadsheet.

Pros

I've used the free version to track my hours for four years and have found it very helpful. I can easily split my time among various tasks - and then bill appropriately. The interface is self explanatory. Sometimes I start the clock to record in real time. Sometimes I go back and enter past work. I run a report at the end of the week and download my hours to send to my respective employers. It's all very easy to operate.

Cons

I haven't found a way to reallocate past time by combining tasks.

Vicke

Great product for contractors

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

I used this as a free product for several years. That is something that My Hours makes possible for contractors like me. However, last year they ran a good deal and I decided the product was worth paying for. It would be good if there was a tiered pricing system so that sole contractors purchase the product for much less than a larger company that uses all the features.

Pros

As a sole-proprietor contractor who has a fixed fee per job rather than per hour, I do not use a tenth of the capability of this product. However, part of my license requirements is to keep a log of my time by assignment. This product makes that easy. I can set up multiple projects with multiple clients in just a few minutes. And managing my time recording for multiple projects a day is simple. I'd also like to commend this product for continuous advancements in capability and ease of use.

Cons

There are a few things that I either don't understand or don't work exactly like I think they will. For example, I would like my preplanned task list to show up in a specific order when I set up a new project, but I couldn't figure out how to get them in the order I wanted them. I should just contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT], because the few times I've needed help she has always managed to get me sorted out.

Melanie

Super Time Tracker! Free version is awesome

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Very useful with extra features; showing percentages of where I spend time, tracking expenses like mileage. Meets all my main goals

Pros

The free version first, but I like how you can create categories then make notes specifically for the time you spent as well as add expenses. It's also very helpful to report out to my board where I'm spending my time and I can put it into a pie chart with percentages, which is so helpful when sending this data to our bookkeepers.

Cons

Having to use the ":" when entering hours and the terms used aren't intuitive, like I always fumble around trying to pick the right report I want or to set up new categories.

Katie

Helpful for Tracking Time on Multiple Clients

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

I work at a healthcare non-profit that also has a for-profit subsidiary that is similar to an agency managing other clients. A few years ago, we implemented a new timesheet system that required us to report hours on each client. I use My Hours every single day to track the time I spend on different clients/projects so that I can accurately fill out my timesheet twice a month. We have to submit our timesheet a few days before the pay period ends (i.e. submit July 30th on July 26th), so I have to guess how much time I'm going to spend on each client over those few days (I use an excel spreadsheet to estimate this). After submitting my timesheet, I use My Hours to track the actual time spent and then reconcile it on the next timesheet. It's exhausting, but this software makes it SO much easier, and I am very grateful that the features I need are free to use. Also customer support is very helpful if you have any questions. Thank you so much!

Pros

I use My Hours every single day to track the time I spend on different clients/projects so that I can accurately fill out my timesheet twice a month. I am very grateful that the features I need are free to use. Thank you so much!

Cons

It takes some getting used to (not very intuitive), and but customer support helped me fix the activity report to a default view so that I don't have to change it to what I need (total daily time by project) every time. I should have contacted them sooner, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was a great help!

Claude Real
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Great products and I recommend, but some improvement needed

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

My main use for this software is for my Graphic Designer business, but I recently started to use it also with my second job as IT Business Analyst and I can say, as an analyst, that the product is well design and simple. Once the mobile version is fixed and the ability to connect via API is rendered available, I think this product could be perfect for any company, at least in IT and Graphic Design.

Pros

The ability to enter the time online is a great plus. The tracking of time by project, client, tasks, etc. is really accurate and really helps to do a better management of hours per project and helps a lot for the billing of customers.

Cons

The interface is really bad on mobile devices (mostly cellphones). On tablets it's not so bad, but cellphone really need a major improvement. Also, and I want to indicate that it may be a lack of knowledge on my part, but I still haven't found the ability to connect to the software using an API to connect with a Payroll system.

Barbara

• Customer Support Software

My Hours has the functionality I need and is easy to use.

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Very good experience. On the rare occasion I have asked for customer support I've been pleased with the responsiveness. I feel that the subscription is very well priced. I signed up for the paid PRO version. Really pleased with the functionality. Though for a period I did not need the invoicing feature, so it was an added bonus that I could switch to the free version for just tracking hours, and my history was retained.

Pros

I like that I can track by project and then different ways within the project. I choose hours. Then I can pull a summary as well as generate an invoice. Very easy and clean and very cost effective.

Cons

If I had to pick something, first I'll preface by saying in no way is this a deal breaker. But the calendar starts with Monday, instead of the US calendar view I am more familiar with which starts on Sunday.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

I tested all three before finalizing my choice. I needed something very specific: 1) track my hours, 2) pull hours reports and 3) invoice the client. MyHours does that for me. Getapp was not as user friendly as MyHours. QuickBooks had additional functionality that was not necessary for my needs.
CHERI
  • Industry: Design

Could not do my job without MyHours

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

My Hours saves me a ton of time tracking projects (I used to do it manually). And because I'm a one person show, cost is a big factor...free for me is great.

Pros

I'm a freelance graphic designer so I don't need to worry about a team of people, but I do need an easy and inexpensive way to keep track of my time by project. My Hours makes it easy to assign multiple tasks to multiple projects. I also like that I can organize reports by client or project. I use the free version and it's great. I also like that I can edit my time if needed (ie, I forget to start or stop the clock).

Cons

I often have the same task name for projects, but for different clients (ie, brand guidelines or datasheet). If I go in to create a new task, and it happens to have the same name as the task for another client, it says "task name already created" and I have to go to a different screen to enable this task to be assigned to the project I want. It would be easier if it just gave me a warning screen (like, "task name already exists, apply to this project anyway?").

Response from Spica

Hi Cheri,

Thanks a lot for this valuable feedback, we appreciate your effort! Good to hear we could help you save some time!

Hopefully, we will be able to save you another minute or two by implementing your suggestion in the future! :)

Have a good day,