My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

4.7 /5 (588 reviews) Write a Review!

Bonnie L.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Project Tracking Software

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

When I started this position three years ago it was a brand new position. My manager wanted me to track the amount of time I spent on different projects so we could better define the role. I tried a few different things before I found My Hours, and I've been using it ever since. I love it! (And so does she! In our last meeting she said she wished everyone in the department kept track of their time with My Hours!)

Pros

The ability to keep track of the hours I spend on all the different projects I work on for my department.

Cons

The reports. When I print them as PDF the page sometimes breaks across the charts. I'd like to be able to set my own page breaks.

Response from Spica

Hi Bonnie,

thank you for your kind review and valuable feedback.

Thanks,

Cheri G.
  • Industry: Design

Could not do my job without MyHours

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

My Hours saves me a ton of time tracking projects (I used to do it manually). And because I'm a one person show, cost is a big factor...free for me is great.

Pros

I'm a freelance graphic designer so I don't need to worry about a team of people, but I do need an easy and inexpensive way to keep track of my time by project. My Hours makes it easy to assign multiple tasks to multiple projects. I also like that I can organize reports by client or project. I use the free version and it's great. I also like that I can edit my time if needed (ie, I forget to start or stop the clock).

Cons

I often have the same task name for projects, but for different clients (ie, brand guidelines or datasheet). If I go in to create a new task, and it happens to have the same name as the task for another client, it says "task name already created" and I have to go to a different screen to enable this task to be assigned to the project I want. It would be easier if it just gave me a warning screen (like, "task name already exists, apply to this project anyway?").

Response from Spica

Hi Cheri,

Thanks a lot for this valuable feedback, we appreciate your effort! Good to hear we could help you save some time!

Hopefully, we will be able to save you another minute or two by implementing your suggestion in the future! :)

Have a good day,

Helena F.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Free, Easy to use & customize

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I've used My Hours for 9 years and have turned several other contractors over to this software because of the ease of use, functionality AND if you missed starting the clock then you can go back in and set it afterwards. It's accurate and so very simple to use.

Pros

I just love how simple this is and has all the functions/categories I need. I have several clients so this makes it even better. It's also easy to export out for billing purposes.

Cons

I didn't like how it USED TO BE hard to set up a project and a task but this has been updated and work great.

Caroline G.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

My Hours time-tracking software

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Our employees are happy using My Hours for their hours and tasks on a variety of projects. I haven't had one complaint! The administrator features are flexible and easy to use. Over all a very positive experience with this product and I can certainly recommend it as a cost-effective product for time-tracking.

Pros

My Hours time-tracking software provides everything we need as a small business both for our payroll time-tracking and for customer billing. We've been using it for several years now without any problems. The customer support is great and any questions are answered by return email within 24 hours. The My Hours team are always listening to customer feedback and improving the product. It's great value for money.

Cons

When I'm running the Activity feature, I'd like to be able to expand the width of the columns but this can be done when exported to Excel format so it's not a big deal. Also, the time format of the Activity feature is only available in hours & minutes unless you export to Excel (as 'export' not 'report') where it appears in both hours & minutes and decimal format.

Raluca M.

Simplest time tracker

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

I have been using My Hours for years now, and I've always been attracted by the simplicity and the ease of input. It helped me track my time most readily versus other apps that have cumbersome interfaces. Unfortunately I cannot use it exclusively for my needs, I need more project managing tools as well. But as for organizing tasks and recurring items, this app does it perfectly!
I can't really use the invoicing feature because in Romania (where I'm from) we have different ways of invoicing to make our lives better.

Pros

Ease of use of the interface - I can create reusable tasks
Instant time tracking. Click now, fill in the details later. Perfect difficulty level for adding details.
Reusable tasks means good information overview for clients and projects and tasks.

Cons

Slow mobile app for Android: the app takes a while to load, and it doesn't resemble the quality of the web application.
The invoices are not great for international use, I'm missing a few features.

Response from Spica

Hi Raluca,

thank you for your review and kind words. A better mobile apps are in the works.

Best,

Abhijeet K.

• Customer Support Software

Awesome product for any professional person/group

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

MyHours helps me keep track of my hours I spend on projects of my clients, with super ease. Have tried other products too and liked none as MyHours. Planning to go premium soon with it :)

Pros

A few of lot of great things about using MyHours:
Awesome interface and ease of use
To the point and all useful features (no baggage full of BS stuffs like screen-record and all)
Awesome support service and response
Pricing is super-affordable for even a freelancer as myself

Cons

Hmm, nothing that I can think of about MyHours which I haven't liked

Sarah T.

Keeping a track of my time is now so much easier

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Pros

As a small marketing agency working with multiple clients, I found it hard to keep track of the time I spent on each client project and work item and often by the end of the week I had forgotten what I had done. Using My Hours has made this so much easier to manage and keep track of this. I can quickly and easily allocate the time spent to each client and project throughout the day. It has also made my monthly invoicing process much easier, as I can pull a report that I can use to create my invoices and send this to the client so they know what exactly I have been working on.

Cons

Sometime when the software is upgraded the views change and it can take me a while to find the best view/report for my needs. Thankfully this doesn't happen to often.

Tracy L.

Good package - with options extras if you want to pay

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

It is intuitive to use and if you spend even a small amount of time setting it up sensibly it will work for pretty much any scenario. As an independent consultant I wanted something that would track time with different clients, different hourly rates and so on. I've been using the free system for now but am thinking of upgrading so I can use more of the functions. It has never crashed or let me down and I've been using it for about 18 months now - definitely one to recommend!

Pros

To be honest what I really like was that it was quick and easy to get started. No packages to sign up for if you don't want to - just create an account and get going.

Cons

Probably that I can't import my calendar into it. Or at least not with the free version. Maybe that's something that's available with the paid option though.

Response from Spica

Hi Tracy,

thank you for your review! We are always happy to find out how easy it was to start using our app.

There is no option to import the calendar at this point, but we'll be happy to consider your suggestion!

Have a good day,

Georgios S.

Amazing tool

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Pros

As an individual freelancer, I've been using the free version of MyHours for about 3 years and I am 100% happy with it. It has a very clean UI which makes it straight forward to use and it has all the features that I need, such as exporting reports, graphs that illustrate project allocation, and more. Another little feature that I find useful, is their changelog notification that shows what's been added/fixed in the latest version.

Cons

I can't think of any cons worth mentioning. From a fairly basic version in early 2017 it evolved to a mature platform today.

Response from Spica

Hi Georgios,

Thank you for your kind review! It's great to hear you've been with us for so long and could see the progress!

Please let us know if you need anything.

Bruna B.

MyHours - Managing freelancer hours

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

My overall experience with MyHours: I can build better sales x deadlines arguments, because the clients always think that creating a Design is very fast, and it is not. That way, I can show them how much time it takes to make a research, create the logo, change the logo, and the complete process.

Pros

I like that MyHours tracks precisely the amount of hours used to create any material/job/service execution. It has helped me to organize all my jobs, including the companies/advertising agencies/offices plus freelancer works, and by so, I can show to my clients exactly how much time I invest on creating their artworks.

Cons

I personally don't like the green colour (but it's very personal!!!), I believe the interface could be a wee bit user friendly, but the overall it works neatly.

Kristen G.

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic product - recommend it all the time

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I use My Hours to track time, manage my monthly income, inform future decisions, and invoice clients. I've used it for several years and have yet to find a better product.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how versatile it is for all my projects and tasks. I feel that all my options for hourly rates, billable or nonbillable hours, charts, and download of reports are of great value to my business. I recommend this product all the time to family members and other freelancers.

Cons

Occasionally it has loading issues. A quick refresh and its back though!

Response from Spica

Hi Kristen,

It's always great to hear when one of our users is so happy with the product! Thank you for all the recommendations! :)

If you need anything, just let us know.

Gerda Z.

Why I like My Hours

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

My Hours helps me with project management. It has helped me with responding to Requests for Proposals, updating my CV, invoicing, and doing my taxes. I rely on it as an information source about the work I do.

Pros

What I like most about My Hours is how easy it is to use. This helps me to accurately track what I do, who I am working for and with, and how much time I spend. I like the reporting options and being able to download my activities.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software.

Peter S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Simple and Elegant

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

The free version of My Hours meets all my needs as a one-person consultancy but, if I had staff and more clients, the paid version would be a no-brainer.

Pros

Versatile, intuitive, and trouble-free -- perfect solution for a small consultancy.

Cons

Minor point, but sometimes I forget to select a task before logging. I discover this when reviewing prior to creating an invoice, so need to go back and fix. It's good that I can go back and fix, but might be nice to have a warning when trying to save an incomplete log?

Response from Spica

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to review our app and for your suggestion about introducing warning messages.

We will pass it on to the development team.

Have a great day,

Ionut C.

Easy to use, gets the job done

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

With the help of this tool, I am able to track the time for my own personal record. This helps me be aware of how much time I spend on various projects and how much time I am wasting on unproductive things. It has helped be much more disciplined when it comes to how I spent my time. When I embark on a new assignment, I can quickly check the total time investment I made in similar projects in the past and thus can easily conclude if I can commit to something or not and what changes need to be done to my time allocation so that I can be quick in making decisions.

Pros

I can customise my list of projects, rename them and archive the ones that I no longer need.
I can run reports for any time period and I can export the data.
The entry process is easy and you can customise the time increment.

Cons

User interface not that great. Font appears too large, a lot of space on the screen seems wasted.

Jeff B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great time tracking app

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

My experience has been great. We have been able to better track clients projects and adjust our future proposals accordingly.

Pros

It's very easy and intuitive to use plus it's fast and reliable. It's very customizable and has a lot of other data tracking features that make it very valuable for evaluating how much work we do and ultimately money we spend on clients projects.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that if you scroll back several days in a row very quickly, the hours shown on screen don't always match the day you're looking at. This can be misleading at first but is easily solved by waiting for the software to catch up and then going ahead a single day.

Response from Spica

Hi Jeff,

thank you for reviewing My Hours! We really appreciate your input.

It's great to know that our tool helps you with organizing your work and proposals! We are aware of the glitch that you mentioned and it should go away with the next big upgrade in the following weeks.

Curtis W.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Good freelance consultant tool

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Allows me to accurately capture and report my work hours to my (freelance CFO) clients; more professional looking than Excel.

Pros

ease of use, ability to set up own categories for hours

Cons

no shortcut (like a clock) to enter start/stop time

Response from Spica

Hi Curtis,

thank you for your kind words and suggestions.

Best,

Larry M.

• Customer Support Software

Great online hours tracking service

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

My previous tracking sofware was a hassle to use. My Hours is just plain easy and quick to use.

Pros

I love this service for tracking my computer consulting hours and printing a summary for my clients. It is so easy to use from anywhere, very fast and support has been great, responding to two of my enhancement requests.

Cons

As far as I'm concerned this software is perfect! It's what I would have written if I had the time to.

Response from Spica

Hi Larry,

thanks for the review and your kind words.

André M.
  • Industry: Information Services

The useful app for a self control the used time of multiple projects inside a department

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I use this app for a self control of the used time of multiple projects inside my UI UX department. In the end of the month i get a report of each project and send to the Project Manager of each project / client.

Pros

The easy way we can track the projects that i'm working.

Cons

There's no app for MacOS or Windows or some Widget to easily put the register on the app.

Response from Spica

Hi Andre,

Thank you for reviewing My Hours! We appreciate your feedback.

It's nice to hear you find our app easy and useful and that it helps you with keeping control over your valuable time.

Best wishes,

Austin K.
  • Industry: Banking

• Customer Support Software

My Hours makes tracking work hours easy

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Pros

- Automatically counts hours, you just have to press start and stop
- Can assign different labels and projects for time logs
- Can use the mobile phone app to remotely start and stop time logs
- Generates reports in either PDF or Excel format with customizable date ranges

Cons

- Mobile phone app doesn't allow you to access all desktop features

Response from Spica

Hi Austin,

Thank you for reviewing My Hours!

We appreciate your feedback and it's good to hear you are satisfied with our solution.

In the future, we will be adding more features to the mobile app as well.

Best wishes,

Simona B.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy Time Tracker

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I have different clients but work on a few every day. Instead of guesstimating my time, I set up my day and just click the timer for whichever client I'm working on at the time. It's great to use at home too if you find the day gets away from you and you didn't accomplish your todo list. Great to create a list of home to do's and then track how much time you spend.

Pros

Set up is easy and tracking is a click of a button. Love that you can generate reports too!

Cons

Sometimes forget to click stop and the project runs for hours. Would love a pop up to ask, are you still there on a customizable time interval

Sara G.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

My Hours Review

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

I work for two different departments, and needed to show tangible evidence of where my time/priorities lie with both areas. My Hours has allowed me to show trends on what is taking most of my time, and if one department is getting/needing more of my attention.

Pros

I like the reporting functionality the best, and how easy it is to start/stop the clock. I track everything I do in the office down to calls and walk-in visitors and need the ability to just click one button and move on with what I need to do.

Cons

I don't like that I can't track multiple things at once. Majority of the time I am multitasking and would like the ability to report on the actual time spent on both items. For example, I may be taking a call and need to track the hours spend on the phone, but I might also be troubleshooting with the caller or assisting with something else that may need to be tracked.

Phil S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Straight forward and lightweight

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I don't have to manually track my tasks anymore in Excel and worry about losing that master list. I like to track on my phone and have that show up like the desktop tasks as well. As a solo freelancer I never needed the advanced features for teams and budgeting, I've been freeloading for years and almost feel a little guilty about that now ;)

Pros

I've been using MyHours for many years now to organize my freelancing projects. I like how well the tracking works and especially the breakdowns per task, per project, per client, etc.

Cons

Setting up tasks and projects can feel a bit cumbersome each time, so if you have a lot if similar projects populate a blank with one with all the tasks and duplicate that.

Response from Spica

Hi Phil,

thank you for the kind review! No need to feel guilty, we appreciate good feedback just as much! :)

That's a cool workaround you figured out! We will be updating the app soon in a way that this will get easier to do by default.

Beth P.

Organizational Life Saver

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I used to use a time clock that simply tracked the time and I would enter the client. I had to manually report on total time per client and that was too time consuming to calculate my profit margins. Now with My Hours I can even break it down by project within a client and it calculates totals for me helping me ensure I’m charging my clients appropriately.

Pros

The ability to breakdown time by client and project is amazing. Saves me a ton of time on reporting.

Cons

Even administrators can’t adjust a time entry that’s been approved.

Response from Spica

Hi Beth,

Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We are happy to help with saving time and lives! :)

Have a good day and let us know if you need anything!

Jaime M.

A User Friendly Intuitive Software

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

I've used other products, and this one is the best because it is simple and straightforward.

Pros

It didn't take long to learn how to use it. It can be used on my computer and mobile devices. It allows me to download my hours by project into Excel files.

Cons

I wish it was a little more visually pleasing and that the mobile application had more of the computer features.

Ernest J.
  • Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use with detailed record keeping

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I have been using MY Hours for over seven years and rely on its accurate record keeping for fiscal reports I have to submit. Quick and easy to use with the availability of detailed reports when I need it. I highly recommend the software. It does the job...and more!

Pros

The ease of use... Very easy for new users to learn. As the person responsible for the record keeping, it provides the essential information I need.

Cons

Nothing at this point, the most recent update was an improvement and really does cover all the bases.