Rain POS

4.4/5

Mary virginia N.

Love this system!

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I can get the reports I need and want. Tech support is wonderful. They are constantly updating and improving the software.

Pros

Product is very easy to use. It's nice that I can put items on my website right from the product page. Web page is easy to edit.

Cons

I wish there were more yarn and knitting notions vendors integrated into the system.

Lightspeed Golf

Reasons for Switching to Rain POS

The reps presented the information well. They answered any question I had and were willing to show me on a demo. The nicest people work here.
Liz B.

easy to use

Reviewed on 28/09/2021

It was easy to start using - the help button makes it easy to looking questions up and the tech support is great.

Pros

I like how easy it is to add inventory and update the website as needed

Cons

the sizing and rotating of photos that I take

Max L.
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

Great for a music shop like us. Room for improvement but they're working on it

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Anyone who has migrated from one system to another knows how time-intensive and frustrating the whole process can be. RAIN's support team made the onboarding experience as painless as possible. Their support has continued long after the initial onboarding and I feel very confident in their ability to help us whenever we hit a roadblock and need help. It's also encouraging to see their development team constantly fixing bugs and rolling out new features. They are not the kind of company to rest on their laurels.

Pros

RAIN lives in the cloud and being able to access our POS from any device is a huge advantage over the POSs we were using before. The Rent-To-Own module helped simplify a very important part of our business. Integrating with REVERB has helped extend our e-commerce reach across the country. The user interface is clean and user-friendly; just what you'd expect from a modern cloud-based platform.

Cons

The marketing platform did not meet our expectations. The email marketing in particular is not up to what I would consider industry standard in terms of the template builder, contact management, scheduled emails, segmented lists, and analytics. We have since dropped that add-on and went with ActiveCampaign which is light years ahead.

Lightspeed Retail and AIM

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

The former product was not great.
Reeze H.

• Customer Support Software

Like-Sew websites have helped me build my online presence and streamline my business.

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

It was easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use and update, so I can create and modify my own products, and add products from the integrated industry catalogs. It provides me with useful information about my customers and sales transactions, data which really helps me keep and attract new customers. I especially like the batch product update feature so I can change a group of products at a time without having to individually update each product record. I have had good customer service, especially when there was a problem with the software. I have seen my sales grow and my professional online image enhanced. The cost is reasonable for my business so far. The video training is great and absolutely necessary to understand how to use the software efficiently. I also attended training at Fall Quilt Market which was excellent and highly informative.

Cons

I am disappointed that I am unable to integrate my email marketing with the website. In my opinion, The Marketing package is not as useful to online-only stores as it is to POS customers. The newsletter module is clunky and hard to work with. The email feature is useful, but since my email list is on a different service and not integrated, it is not as useful as it could be. It took awhile for my site to get up and running well, and to work out all the bugs. I had to be persistent in following up to get problems fixed and clear in my communication to be sure they understood what I was asking for.

James D.

• Customer Support Software

Really awesome features with some minor bugs

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

Tech support has helped us so many times. First, they helped us figure out some of the features that we were not completely certain how to use. Then, when we encountered bugs, another quick call to Support and they had us back up and running within no time. I just wish that the program was not dependent on the internet. We’ve had a few times where the internet went out and we were not able to conduct business. This is not good, but it hasn’t happened too often, just enough to be mildly irritating.

Pros

This program is so easy to use, even for those who are not technologically literate. While we do not use all of the features, such as the rental option, we are really happy with the program. The fact that everything is stored in the cloud helps us when we are not in the store, such as with trunk shows. The tech support has been so helpful when we experienced bugs in the software, and they were very knowledgeable of the product. I have also found the SEO option of Rain, and we intend to utilize it to its fullest extent to promote our business and get our name out there.

Cons

There have been a few bugs in the software, but nothing that a quick call to support couldn’t fix. One thing that I did not like was when the internet went out. The fact that everything was based on the internet meant that we couldn’t use the cash register. This led to a loss of sales. Nothing too major, but it’s still significant. There should be a backup or a way to use the register when there is no internet connection. More traditional POS systems allow for use without internet, but for inventory reasons, something like Rain is required. Hopefully, they’ll release a version that stores a temporary backup on your system that updates the inventory once the internet is back up and running.

Brenda A.

Building my RAIN site

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

I really LOVED the RAIN POS system. Unfortunately, my business went thru some major changes in 2019 leading up to 2020, so I had to disengage it from my site. If you are doing enough daily sales in a brick & mortar store, or even in a traveling store situation, it's a GREAT addition to your website. For me cost/value ratio wasn't efffective anymore.

Pros

I loved the fact that setting up a whole new website platform was done with another human on the other end of the telephone that actually cared, listened and created a useable website for my customers. Step-by-step instruction helped me, an average end user, be able to manage a highly professional looking website. The integration of product sku codes, inventory, customer tracking, re-order points, everything was top notch and an added value for the cost.

Cons

I would like to be able to take custom orders, invoice the customer, and have the customer be able to make payments/purchases with that option. The PayPal platform fills this gap for me, but I would prefer to use the RAIN payment system as it is more cost effective.

Jeremy C.

• Customer Support Software

The POS system that I was looking for.

Reviewed on 15/02/2017

I'm the owner of the NAMM 2015 & 2016 Top 100 Dealer, The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield, MO. We tried the "big guy" of our industry, and found it to be outdated and not user friendly. After a year of attempting to get it up and running, we started looking for an alternative when we ran across RAIN POS. It feels like navigating a website through your browser so it was easy to learn. Within a little over one month we had our website built, products in our system, and were live with running transactions.

I love that everything in in the cloud, so I can run sales in my parking lot, at festivals, trade shows, etc., or just access reports anywhere from my phone. Putting items on our website is just a button clicked, and inventory is shared online and locally so if I sell online, it's taken out of stock in my local system, and vise versa.

So far customer support has been great to work with. We have run across a few minor bugs in the day to day use, but they are pretty quick at getting it straightened out. I'm sure it doesn't have all the depth of that other system, but I'm able to use it and they are adding features very quickly. We don't do rentals right now, so I can't say how well that part works. We do a lot of repairs, some sent off site, and the work order module works great for keeping up to date with the repair status. We're waiting on the Lessons module that we here is in the works, and a better way to handle consignments and trades.

So far we are very happy with RAIN POS and our interactions with customer support. I highly recommend.

Pros

Ease of use, and integration with our e-commerce site.

Cons

There are a few features that I'm waiting on that will tailor the system more for the music industry.

Todd K.

• Customer Support Software

User friendly POS/Website for a small business.

Reviewed on 15/02/2017

Rain POS has allowed me to present the entire inventory of my retail shop available online. When photos for my items are not available from vendors, I snap a few with my iphone and they are uploaded in seconds.
I am not a computer tech by any means, but have found making changes to my site an easy task. When in doubt I find one of the helpful webinars and by he end of the viewing I am comfortable tackling the next task.
Customer service has been prompt and thorough. I have not had to call often, but when I do the matter is resolved within minutes. This is a plus as I typically operate my shop alone.
Recently I realized that I was not utilizing the SEO portion of Rain to it's fullest potential. My google placement was lagging back on pages 4 to 7. I spent 3 hours watching a webinar provided by Rain and spent a few weeks plucking away at my site. I am happy to say that 60 days later I am appearing on the first page of searches I deem important. One again I was able to accomplish this utilizing tools provided by Rain, not by paying an outside SEO company for this service.
Overall I am extremely happy with Rain and have recommended it to several other business in my area.

Pros

Ease of use even for a person not formally trained in computer technology.

Cons

Just a few small glitches here and there, but they continue to make improvements and they are quickly resolved.

Sherry M.

Calico Cupboard

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Pros

I was using another online web service when I heard about Rain (Like Sew). I like what they were offering and the price was great compared to what I was paying. We signed up in 2013/14 and have not regretted it for a minute. I love being able to see what inventory we have, what our customers are buying, being to look back and tell a customer what a fabric was that they purchased.

Cons

There are always features and issues that could be improved upon but right now I'm happy with what we have.

Daniel P.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Pinewski's Ski & Board Shop

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

We have been with rain for several years now and have been very happy with the ease of use of our POS system. The professional handling of all our questions and needs, and their customer service, has been second to none. We are continually learning as Rain continues to improve the functionality of their program. We would rate Rain as a top notch program.

Pros

simple to use, but yet has the ability to fulfill all our POS needs.

Cons

the inability to make corrections to mistakes without contacting Rain i.e. reversing voids, having voided sales show up on my daily sales reports, and the customer history shot;ld show open sales and or on account sales as a different color or as an open sale rather than completed sale.

Kathleen R.

Software solution that understands our business

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

We were a new business and needed to find companies to design a website, provide eCommerce and POS solutions, and a platform for customer communications. We were pleased to find them all within one company.

Pros

The website design process took our branding into mind. It is easy for both us and our customers to use.
Inventory management is intuitive.
Point of sale function is also quite user-friendly.

Cons

Occasionally there are glitches in the system when it interacts with outside programs, such as shipping or payment companies. That being said, there is ample opportunity to suggest new features, report bugs, or communicate directly with customer service to help fix issues.

Dagmar M.

Rain POS / Like Sew Website Review

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

I really benefit from the synced inventory. Overall, my experience with the POS and customer service has been positive.

Pros

It manages the inventory in real time between store and online purchases. Now that I have learned how to manage the website, it is easy to frequently change the home page, add new inventory and create promotions. The inventory catalog is a major time saver.

Cons

There are some surprising disconnects: although a customer is set up with 10% discount, the discount will only apply automatically when purchasing in the store. Somehow the store customer and the (same) web customer are not connected. Lack of integration with shipping companies. Cumbersome uploads to QuickBooks.

Dj E.

Vendor to Point of Sale

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

Overall I am really happy we chose to use Rain POS and build a website. It keeps track of my customer's history of purchases and makes returns simple.

Pros

I love that Checker Distribution & United Notions are integrated with Rain Retail. Also, Brewer and others. That made it so much easier for me to build a website around my retail business.

Cons

I have had issues with items and categories being duplicated.

Kathleen M.

Rain's Products and Customer Service

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

I had a website in the past that the point of sale disconnected two maybe 3 times each week. It was a nigtmare.

Pros

What I like best about Rain's website software is how easy it was/is for me to learn.

Cons

I like the extra things I get for my website with the marketing package, but most of what the package does for me has not worked and they keep trying to make it work and it does not.

Sissy H.

• Customer Support Software

Disappointing compared to the hype of what you are getting.

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

We have a hard time getting on the same page. The communication is mostly by email and the timing is hard because we are so far apart. The support people are very kind and try to get things done but the day to day trying to muddle through this change was not worth it, if I could get my money back I would. I am currently paying Lightspeed just not to loose my past sales and lay-a-ways until someone can merge them, this is costly for a small business. I also wish they would talk to whoever answers the phone as I can't just sit on top of the phone all day waiting for a call, this could have been fixed if they would have just talked to the person answering the phone. There are only three people who work here and all three of us are capable of following direction.

Pros

So far the only Pro is that you can pull a some information from Vendors. Being able to have inventory taken out with sales from Reverb is really nice, it was the catch hook that brought me to RAIN.

Cons

The merge is really rough, I did not get all of my customers merged from my previous POS system, my lay-a-ways were lost or messed up, past sales are lost, pictures had to be taken again. All the upc numbers were mismatched with other products. When you try to put pictures of your product for the website, you never know what picture it may choose no matter how many times you choose the correct one. I have had a bass I have tried many times to add a picture and it refused to add it and puts up a picture of a gig bag. I was told if I used Chrome many of the issues would subside, sadly this is not true. If you are starting out fresh, this may be an okay system to use, if you are migrating from another system, I would NOT recommend using RAIN. I really had high hopes but this has been a disaster. Even the work orders, which I thought would be easier, are a huge pain.

Louise F.
  • Industry: Maritime

Rain Software

Reviewed on 17/10/2020

I have had a very good experience with Rain Point of Sale.

Pros

This product is very user friendly and makes it possible to change or add things with ease. Customer service is always friendly and helpful.

Cons

The word processor can be a problem when trying to change font sizes.

Jonathan S.
  • Industry: Music

RAIN Review

Reviewed on 15/02/2017

Generally Positive. Going into a year of use, we are running up against some feature and programming weaknesses, particularly on the accounting side.

Pros

Interface, ease of use

Cons

It is not as strong on accounting as I would like. There are errors propagated through voided transactions which inaccurately influence the reports and sometimes even customer balances.

Lauren Z.

• Customer Support Software

So happy I started using Rain!

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Love it! Love the customer support I receive whether I call or email. Very helpful and patient staff!

Pros

It was very easy to install/set up, especially with help from the set up team. I use it daily and can easily do transactions and input new products, or change information on existing products.

Cons

I wish the monthly payment was a little less :)

Susan H.

Like Sew Website Long Time User

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

The customer service is awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] help with every problem or question I have ever had

Pros

Each upgrade and added function has been beneficial to my business

Cons

Need more flexibility with the slideshow

Wanda M.

Rain Retail

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

It has been fabulous!

Pros

It is easy to learn and us, but mostly the fact that I have such great support!

Cons

We have really had no problems to speak of, all our questions are easily answered.

Shawn Y.
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Happy, but I need just a bit more

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

Happy, just keep the costs down. Remember we are not selling iPhones or over-priced clothes. The wholesale cost of fabric is inching up there with shipping.I have to sell a lot of fabric just to cover my costs to you.

Pros

Easy to use for the most part, I can talk to an actual person on the phone and they don't have a made up English name.

Cons

I need to put Categories on sale without the whole site on sale or going to each individual item in that category like I have to do now.
I want to upload my own pretty newsletter and not have it get distorted. Using the newsletter feature on the site is boring.

Janice N.

• Customer Support Software

Since the initial set up very good.

Reviewed on 01/06/2018

We just finished entering all of our stock so now it should make my life easier, the book work is done, customer base takes care of itself.

Pros

The multiple features from entering a person once. I love how everything meshes with the other parts when it comes to inventory and people. Makes my life so much easier.

Cons

I was not really happy with my start up experience, the first person would say to watch this video, watch that video, I'm more of a hands on, show me once and I've got it, kind of person.

Michelle V.
  • Industry: Textiles

I am a website newbie.

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

I was struggling to get a website out into the world. They have walked me through every step of the way. I look forward to growing with them.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is the customer support behind it. I can fumble around and figure things out, it’s intuitive, but the customer service is outstanding! They can always make it look better and do it quickly when I send out an sos.

Cons

I would really love to have voice activated navigation. That’s not a design flaw, that’s just me dreaming big.

Squarespace and Wix

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

I needed more assistance with setting up the site. I wanted to expand.

Reasons for Switching to Rain POS

They offered assistance.
Jed S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Worst POS ever?

Reviewed on 08/12/2018

I’ve been suffering through the Rainbow pOS for the past three years. Hands down the worst POS I’ve ever encountered. Only reason we haven’t changed is the hassle of doing so. Once you become a Rain user you’ll have access to a feature that helps to recommend what features you’d like to see. This is probably the best feature only because I can see how every other user of Rain is as frustrated as I am. They keep saying they are making improvements but nothing ever changes.

Pros

Rain is cloud based software.
It’s pretty inexpensive compared to others
Works on any computer with internet.

Cons

Reporting is lacking
Have to click three buttons to print a receipt
Glitchy and buggy
Inability to remove items from orders that don’t ship complete
Customer service is lacking

Jen R.

So Happy

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

I adore this system and tell everyone about it

Pros

It is super intuitive and easy to work with. I can start a new volunteer in the shop with very little training and they just get it.

Cons

Sometimes I wish I could enter new products easier when I'm filling out a PO. I feel like I have to save a draft and go back to products a lot