Apollo

Find ideal prospects and convert them into customers.

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Shamim Ahmed

Best Lead Generation Software for Your Marketing Campaign

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

Pros

Apollo is the best tool for finding prospects' email and it's an excellent value for the money. I highly recommend it!

Cons

The only downside is that it has a high bounce rate.

Steve

• Customer Support Software

Apollo has become my secret weapon

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

Absolutely amazing! At first I was getting frustrated with the software but once I dedicated some time to learn it I was able to unlock it's potential and now it is a seriously vital tool for us. And their support is one of the best I've ever experienced from a company.

Pros

Once I figured out really how to use Apollo it has become the key to setting meetings for my business. I've spent thousands of dollars and literally years trying other methods of lead gen and while other things have worked, nothing has worked quite as well as Apollo. The 2 biggest things I love about Apollo are 1. The search filter capabilities are amazing and they keep adding to it! It is so incredibly powerful I canceled my LinkedIn Sales Nav subscription because Apollo just blew LinkedIn out of the water for me. 2. The email sequencing functions are amazing and really help take a huge chunk of work off of my plate. I HIGHLY recommend Apollo. It is so far beyond better value and I think more capable than any other similar platform.

Cons

The 2 biggest drawbacks for me are the email tracking glitches and the learning curve. I'll explain, Email tracking is very detailed and I love the data they give you but on my account its only 50-70% accurate. If someone is using something like Mac Mail it doesn't track opens or replies so I thought I was getting poor rates until I dug into it further and confirmed with a different platform. HOWEVER, I've told Apollo about this and they have been amazing to try and fix it. Still working on it but Im honestly confident they will and this could just be for my account. It hasnt impacted my results in my campaigns either which is important to note. The other thing was the learning curve. This software is quite powerful and has a ton of features and I feel at first the way its set up was very confusing and hard to learn. However, once I dedicated some time to trying it out it really all clicked. And again, Apollo customer support has been amazing in helping me learn the software.

Lusha, Hunter, and Captain Data

Reasons for Choosing Apollo

Apollo was simply better in features, capabilities, accuracy in information, and better price point.

Lusha and LinkedIn Sales Navigator

Reasons for Switching to Apollo

Price was a big factor but also the search capabilities in the platform. The way you can search leads AND email them with the different sequences AND get real data back I couldn't find a comparable software that was anywhere near this reasonable of a price.
Tom

• Customer Support Software

Questionable business practices, lost thousands of leads

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

After paying more than $5000 over a few years to build my lead lists I had to pause outbound marketing during COVID. During that time I lowered my subscription from paid to free. What I did not know is that when you do that, all of your contacts and prior purchased credits are deleted and unrecoverable.

Pros

The segmentation and filtering tools make it easy to zoom into critical leads and easily create outbound campaigns.

Cons

The company has no loyalty to their customer base, doesn't respect EU privacy laws and has poor customer service.

Best lead generation tool

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

It's been great and I am really not sure if I am ever going to rely on any other tool for lead generation.

Pros

I used it to find leads with work email and it did provide me authentic emails with 95% accuracy.

Cons

After a certain period of time it ran out of database.

Snov.io

Snov.io
Santanu

• Customer Support Software

Excellent tool for Lead generation , prospecting and boost your sales efforts.

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Overall experience with Apollo is phenomenal. Except for a very few reasons, the tool has very less areas to complain about. It is a very powerful tool for any sales /marketing team and can multiply their productivity instantly.

Pros

Apollo is quite a unique and powerful tool for sales and marketing teams equipped with all features for generating, qualifying, prospecting, and also outreach to your audience. The filters are quite good for segmentation. Easy to export and import as well. Also, email outreach makes it a total package.

Cons

The limitation of the number of contacts to be exported at one time shall be increased. Even with a basic plan number of contacts exported at once Is only 25. This could be improved to enhance time management.

Prashant

Second to None Lead Generation Tool

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Amazing! Purely useful for finding B2B leads.

Pros

The amount of data Apollo provides is just massive. Let it be any niche, any industry, or any business - they can help you generate quality leads in no time. It also boasts the drip mails campaign which is damn too useful. It worths every penny! You don't need to have your email list to get started.

Cons

It can be a bit complex to use for the beginners due to plenty of features.

Hien

I found some potential leads for my B2B Marketing campaign thanks to Apollo

Reviewed on 06/11/2022

Good overall for us and for our B2B SaaS Company.

Pros

Thanks to Apollo, I have found my right target leads due to persona customization. It really hepls my email marketing campaign can be sent to the right target

Cons

Most contacts that Apollo has in the data are from American regions. In fact, we would like to find contacts in European countries. That's a big loss for us.

Pablo

I Love Apollo, no discussion

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

In general I really like Apollo. Its extension, its tools, its ease to deploy and to use, I wouldn't change it for annything

Pros

It is a very intuitive, user-friendly software and gives the best solution to automate prospecting processes.

Cons

I've noticed that the company size filter can have its mistakes, it's not the most precise of all

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Excellent quality database

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

I am pretty happy with it. The pricing is exceptional for the services they offer.

Pros

The quality and the accuracy of the data is very good. I can almost always find the correct contact details of the candidate I am looking for. I also like that you can create search lists and export them, very useful if you want to upload them to your ATS/CRM.

Cons

The interface can be pretty overwhelming at first sight. It takes a few hours to get used to it. Not a bad thing considering how many options you have in there to run search queries.

• Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

"Best tool to generate more leads"

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Pros

The Apollo interface is very user-friendly! It makes finding leads and contacts and creating lists incredibly easy. I cannot emphasize enough how awesome Apollo is! If you don't already use this, get started!

Cons

Sometimes inaccurate leads result in bounceback.

Eric
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great for Small Sales Teams

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

I love this product and would highly recommend it to anyone with a small sales team and limited budget. It gives you what the big data providers like discover.org and zoominfo provide at a very reasonable rate. The tools and features it offers are exactly what a small team can use and build on. I am sure there is a lot more to this product that I am still learning. But in 35+ years of sales back ground, I wish Apollo would have been around years ago.

Pros

Apollo provides a large database of information on companies and their people. You are given external links to other systems like LinkedIN for cross referencing data. You have the ability to segment this data by region, market, number of employees, etc. etc. One you have created a prospect list you can begin working that list through a direct email campaign. I use the sequence to turn cold leads into hot leads by generating some responses. These responses in turn usually contain valuable information like direct numbers so I can follow-up with phone calls. Once I begin working with an account, I can move them into another sequence giving them access to valuable information bout my company along with updated information on products we are building and releasing. It helps to keep us in the front of their minds. And remember setting all this up is a one time thing and then you just let Apollo do all the work.

Cons

My only complaint regarding Apollo is not always being able to log directly into the system. Sometimes I have to reset my password to log in, but those steps are easy and happen quickly so not down for long.

Haylee
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Go-to sales engagement platform

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

Apollo's customer service has been top notch and I couldn't see myself even looking at other competitors. I recommend them to every person I meet.

Pros

Apollo beats out any other SEP by housing the data and extracting it from LinkedIn, allowing my team to enroll contacts in sequences much more efficiently. The sequence builder is way more streamlined than other SEPs and I complete tasks much faster because of the great UX.

Cons

I don't like how manual the process is for updating contacts when they have job updates. Other than that, I can't think of any other reason to not like this software.

Kriti
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to manage and generate leads!

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

On some days, generating business leads is all I have to do. On those days, Apollo makes my work so easy and so much less irritating. I can find the contact details of the people I exactly intend to reach out to as it allows me the ability to search using their names, job titles, regions, and even job positions. The tool is extremely easy to use and has a database for even the smallest companies that you can find nowhere else. I'm sure I'll be using this tool a lot in the future! I have already recommended it to so many around me, and if you are someone who works in the sales or marketing team of your company, you should definitely give this a try.

Pros

Until a few days ago, I was using LinkedIn to search for leads and find their contact details. Ever since LinkedIn has come up with a search limit, it became so difficult for me to find new leads, especially when this is something I have to do on a daily basis on some days. Recently, my senior at work recommended me Apollo and I fell in love with it since day one! It is so easy to navigate through this tool and with so many filters at your disposal, even easier to find contacts. I'm apparently new to using this tool so I'm still learning my way around it but thanks to its ease of use, fast response, user-friendly interface, and so many exciting features, I have been able to speed up my work and get verified leads without any hassle. Moreover, the ability to save the leads, and send them emails directly from this software are amazing features that very few tools of its kind generally provide.

Cons

It has only been a few days since I started using this tool. Although it's super helpful 90% of the time, rarely, it takes too much time to load and in some cases, it even fails to show verified leads due to which I have to go back to the old method of using LinkedIn to find contact details of those specific leads. This is the only problem I have encountered so far but it does not change my liking towards the tool.

Diana

My Favorite Sales Engagement Software

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

99% positive across two different companies. I actually was responsible for recommending Apollo to my new company (I actually told my manager about Apollo in our first interview and he told me on my first day that they purchased Apollo based on my recommendation)

Pros

I love that it has the ability to do prospecting, lead generation, email outreach and dialing out all in one place. I primarily use it for myself to do outbound email outreach and to generate lists of new leads for our SDR and she uses it for email outreach and some dialing too.

Cons

I do feel that it could be better about activity tracking when it comes to integrating with HubSpot, I used it with Salesforce at a previous company and it was easy to push activities to Salesforce, but it seems a little less intuitive with HubSpot.

Ankurman

• Customer Support Software

ZenProspect consolidates sales prospecting, engagement, and coaching very well!

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

- Set meetings with prospects
- Productivity gains as I can dial, prospect, email all in one place
- Engagement metrics, reports building helps me understand the progress of the sales outbound campaigns to make data-driven decisions

Pros

I'm an ex-Outreach user (sorry folks). Their product is addictive and got me obsessed with personalized prospecting at scale.

But hopping around between different tools just to get the leads into the Outreach Databases was time-consuming. ZP solves this with their Prospecting tool. There are more leads in their database than you can prospect in this lifetime without violating Google's spam alerts. So that's prospecting.

The sequence tool, may even be an exact clone of Outreach but it's smooth and not buggy compared to my experience with Outreach where I'd have font size errors often while composing my emails.

ZP's sequencing tool comes with solid engagement metrics to make data-driven prospecting.

Finally, the call transcribing feature helps to understand the sales call for coaching and prospect sentiment analysis. Research says that a winning sales call is when the prospect speaks more than 62%.

Combine all of this under one hood, makes me question if the sales leadership in teams who are shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars to different services even have heard of ZP or not. Well, VC funding will run out eventually.

ZenProsect consolidates what is needed for the SDR to unleash their full potential at work. I'm a believer and think they will crush their components over the next 3 years as long as they keep offering the

Cons

Not much except that their price tag on an annual contract basis can be a bit of a challenge for an internal champion like me to sell into my org.

Robert
  • Industry: Printing

Excellent App for Leads

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

My experience has been excellent

Pros

Being able to easily find the information I need on almost any lead or company.

Cons

The limit on the number of leads you can generate per month.

Great value with a lot of features compared to alternatives, but there is a learning curve

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

Pros

It has great features for email sequences, integrating with HubSpot, managing accounts and contacts, and more. You also have access to a lot of contact information that would cost more elsewhere. It's the best value for your money.

Cons

If contact data is your priority, you many often have trouble finding information for all of the contacts you need, especially when prospecting smaller businesses. Most of it's data comes from LinkedIn as far as I know, so if they aren't there, they won't be in Apollo. This can be frustrating.

Additionally, it offers a lot of features and is very customizable, but this can create a steep learning curve and require a significant investment of time to get it set up and integrated the way you need.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Simple, yet powerful.

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

It's been a fulfilling experience, updates to the platform are constant, so it's always performing well. I'd recommend this personally for anyone who has many different systems and CRMs, as this is almost a perfect all-in-one.

Pros

Using Apollo Vs. using something like salesforce allows for a much more simplified experience, less headaches, and overall higher team productivity. It's ability to track team performance allows us to see what our colleagues are doing and improve using proven strategies.

It usually doesn't go down, when it does, Customer Support is ready to take action almost immediately.

The built-in dialer is one of the best i've used, I would even advised using Apollo for this feature alone as opposed to other VOIPs. It features local numbers as well as personalized numbers as well, and you can virtuallu call any country.

Cons

The main Con is Lead Sourcing. Apollo does have it's own pool that generally gets updated, but I wouldn't recommend this software to gather leads from, like with Zoominfo.

The times it does go down, though scarce, can be lenghty some times, slowing down workflow for several hours.

Sherdah

Best Prospecting Tool for Cold and Warm Email and Calling Campaigns

Reviewed on 09/12/2021

Excellent. I've learned to get around the few quirks, but I couldn't have ever had the email list I currently have without it. My job is very easy to prospect as a result, and I don't waste my time or other people's time because I know before emailing or calling enough about the company that I know if it is worth pursuing.

Pros

I used to have multiple products do what this one tool does. I can research companies, find potential prospects, email them, and keep each prospect in an Account. When they change jobs, I can change the information very easily. If they reply, they are taken off the Sequence. It integrates very easily with Salesforce, so I don't need to make changes in both.

Cons

At times I'll run into a little glitch or maybe the AI is not right on(at times it will say the person has a new job, and the new job was a previous job, it is rare, but that's why I look up every lead.) Also at times, it will say the person has a new job, but when I look at LinkedIn, they might have an even newer job! So all I need to do is refresh the page, and Apollo gets its information from LinkedIn and will update its suggestion.

Lucio
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best in class

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Apollo helps my team get perfect data and automate our reach outs. It is incredibly good software.

Pros

Although the main use is to gather intel and data, Apollo has a sales enablement tool that is incredibly good.

Their support team is very fast and they are always open to suggestions.

Cons

I miss a status page, Apollo doesn't go down at all, but sometimes we experience slowness and miss being able to check if something is wrong without having to check in with their support team.

ZoomInfo SalesOS, Lusha, Leadfeeder, and 6sense

Reasons for Switching to Apollo

Data quality first, once we covered that and found the top contenders, UX and then pricing determined the best option.
Rakshit
  • Industry: International Trade & Development
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

A good tool for lead generation

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

I think I have mentioned that in the Pros section. But I would like to mention one more thing, that I was so happy using Apollo.io in my last organization that I referred it to at least 10 other colleagues and they loved it. Recently one of my old colleagues who wasn't using Apollo.io called me specifically to ask how to use Apollo.io . Wishing all the best to the Apollo team!

Pros

I am able to reach out to the relevant individual in the organization which saves a lot of time and make me more efficient in my work. The best part is the number of free credit Apollo.io provides which is fantastic. I have used couple of other softwares but they only give 5 free credits for a month. After using this software I might even suggest the top management to go ahead with the paid services of Apollo.io .

Cons

As of now there is nothing that i don't like about this software. It works as per my expectations

Gilang

Great product for those who are into Sales Prospecting and Cold Pitch

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

I have been getting lots of meetings, by using Apollo alone. Some of my customers even bought the product I offered to them. Before I use Apollo, I use the traditional way of prospecting (connecting with them, introduce myself,

Pros

Ease of use of the product itself, generally high validity of email (around 6-8 out of 10 is a valid business email), have a built-in CRM which helps a lot of managing and organizing all the leads that have been viewed

Cons

No preview of the profile which does not have an email on it. I wish there was a preview of the email if the profile has any email so we don't waste our credits.

Rebecca

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, and quality of data is pretty good

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

We purchased this software when they were running an incredible discount, so I am more than pleased for the price I paid. At full cost, I might be more annoyed with some of the failings (we do get about 10-20% of the leads bounce on our cold sequences, which could be due to bad emails provided or spam blockers).

Pros

The interface is very easy to use. I like that you get info on company's tech stack, as well as which departments are growing. This can make it interesting for building lists of accounts that may be more suited to our offering.

Cons

It often creates duplicate account records, so then I get errors when pushing leads (so I have to find the account in Apollo, merge it, and retry the push). It also isn't clear when building lists, which data has come from our CRM versus which data has come from Apollo itself. So sometimes I think I'm getting new data, and it's just giving me the bogus stuff that was already in my Salesforce.

José Raúl

The best B2B platform for B2B lead generation

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

I highly recommend this software, I do really think is the best one in the market

Pros

agility, price, easy of use, Linkedin chrome extension, database size

Cons

It could still improve in revalidating that the contacts are updated, and keep increasing the database of contacts

ZoomInfo SalesOS, Lusha, LinkedIn for Business, and RocketReach

Reasons for Choosing Apollo

Just to compare other products available in the market

ZoomInfo SalesOS, Lusha, and RocketReach

Reasons for Switching to Apollo

1) quality and ease of use of the Linkedin Chrome extension 2) quality and ease of use of the segmentation filters in the web version 3) database size
Patricia

Apollo for leads prospecting

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

In general, Apollo is a very convincent tool, I'm about to cancel the other tools I used to pay and I'm considering just keep using Apollo.

Pros

I started to use it because of the contact lists that you can download in Excel format that's a very cool feature you can't find in other tools and then I discovered is a fusion of many functions, for example, for email campaigns or for leading prospect. Is a very complete platform.

Cons

Is difficult to learn how to use it, you need a lot of practice and you can't find many help in internet like tutorials, so you have to learn by yourself.