MailBird

Email management software to synchronize communications

4.5/5

Christopher J
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

Pros

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Cons

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Tomas
  • Industry: Market Research Software

If you want a solid, easy email management tool, this is it. Plus no more Outlook.

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

Very happy with the performance of the software, the simple process and I love the ability to "see" all the important stuff clearly and quickly. The calendar integration is great, so no double checking on different apps and the tracking and filter options are great. Will recommend it to anyone that doesn't want big names to manage their email.

Pros

What I like most is the ability qto manage all my 6 accounts in one place. Plus features like the Time settings to send the email or the tracking of emails are good decision breakers. I wanted out of Outlook this was a charm.

Cons

Maybe the left bar of the account icons, if too many some are not seen directly.p

Gerald
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

• Customer Support Software

Ongoing problem connecting to our ISP's imap server when trying to send emails. DOVECOT...

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

Bad, we own 6 or more seats of the business version and this is happening on all the seats. We are experts at removing email account from Mailbird and re installing them to the point that I have memorized at least 4 of our emails passwords which are 12+ characters in length with many strange characters.

Pros

Easy to use and when it works it is great sad thing is that there is a problem sending emails and we are told it is our ISP who uses DOVECOT. This does not make sense as we then subscribed to smtp2go which is a totally different systema and we have the same ongoing issue. We have sent 20 or more .log files as this is what support require and each and every response has stated that we must change the connections to 1 and set the download to manual not auomatic. I have 10+ copies of the exact same canned response which ofcourse does nothing to resolve the problem. Compose email, click send and a day later it is still sitting in the drafts folder. GRRRR

Cons

The fact that there appears to be an inherent problem with the SMTP portion of this program, been like this since day one and the company is doing absolutely nothing to resolve this problem. The only way to get these stuck emails to send is to press Ctrl+Shift, click on hamburger menu, then click on debug, the program restarts and then when it reloads the email sends, of course the .log file most probably shows nothing is awry because now the email is sending..

Ridwan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Most beautiful email client with popular software integration

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

Overall I am a Fan of Mailbird. It delivers what it is supposed to deliver beautifully. I would recommend anyone to get Mailbird. You will love it when you will be able to handle multiple tools from a single place.

Pros

Mailbird is my favorite mail client from the time they were just starting up. They show all your emails from a nice and clean layout. I also like their skins so much. Mailbird gave me no trouble when I connected it with my office mail whereas Outlook 16 needed a lot of troubleshooting with the app password. Moreover, I could access my Whatsapp, Google Drive, Trello board all from the same place.

Cons

Sometimes I miss a note-taking feature in Mailbird. Another thing I miss is a web panel to check my emails. I need to check mail from my office but as I have a single license and don't want to install Mailbird on my office computer (It has my sensitive login info) A web panel could have helped.

Ninos

After trying different email clients, MailBird is our choice

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

Overall i'm happy with MailBird..
It's easy to manage multiple email accounts (Google, Hotmail, and SMTP..)
It has all the right features, and it's clean UI..
Coming from Outlook.. it's a fresh experience.

Pros

I like that it's light-weight, compared to Outlook which I've been using for years.

Mailbird makes connecting accounts easy, has integrations with different apps, (whatsapp, messenger, Slack..) and recently native Grammarly integration.

When conducting a search, the search view remains saved as a "folder tab" to easily access it . Unlike Outlook, once you navigate away, the search result disappears.

Deleting an open conversation will delete the email from the inbox.. Outlook doesn't do that.
I find this useful when quickly going through several emails.

Cons

* I wish they would develop a mobile app version of MailBird!
* Not able to customise the display font-size.. (not Email typography)

Mike

Needs Unified Calendar and .ics support

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Great for mail, kind of crappy calendar experience.

Pros

It is great for email offering smart unified inbox and easy to navigate. It is also a quick and responsive app.

Cons

Won't open .ics files so need to use another program for a calendar. Also does not have a native calendar so needs to plug in to Google Calendar but it's per account and not unified.

Samantha
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Mailbird is a great email management

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

9/10 would recommend

Pros

It's very useful software especially if your company wants something cheap

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about the product.

Peter
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Mailbird delivers

Reviewed on 25/08/2022

reponse time to any query is amazing.. thank you

Pros

Ease of use, among the best, excellent support

Cons

I don't have any cons. the product from first installation has been been updated by Mailbird on a regular basis and any glitches taken care of wiyhout delays

Kiira
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great Email Software

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

I could have all of my emails in one account which I couldn't find in a program I liked

Pros

I love how customizable it is and that I can have all 7 of my emails in one email management software

Cons

I think the search feature could be improved. Often if I can't find an email in Mailbird, I can go on my phone and find it very quickly

Sandra
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Mail bird

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Pros

Ease of use, very adaptable to my needs, and it is very easy to organize my emails

Cons

There really has not been any downside to MailBird for my personal use.

Adrian

• Customer Support Software

It's great to have options

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

I'm a long term Microsoft proprietary software user, like most other people, and it is scary to see, year after year, how little they care about what they put out there.
Nothing I ever purchased from Microsoft worked as expected out of the box (Windows, Office, SQL, Surface Pro, SurfaceBook) - I spend almost as much time googling unhelpful error messages and trying to fix their unfinished products as I do using their products.

After a streak of problems with Outlook and many hours wasted trying to make it work as intended, I found Mailbird, which had a free plan at the time. I installed it on both my Surface Pro and Windows PC as a back-up email client for when Outlook crashed. As you would expect, I've had many opportunities to use Mailbird. It felt like Mailbird was designed by people who actually use email - which was definitely a breath of fresh air.
A week later, I bought a license (although Exchange wasn't supported at the time) to support them on this journey.
I still depended on Outlook for the Calendar integration, but having something that 'just works' as an alternative for everything else did make my suffering bearable.

Support is spot-on: they don't insult your intelligence by telling you to run 'sfc /scannow' each time you have a problem. Unlike most others *cough* they are knowledgeable about their product and very helpful on each occasion.

I have nothing but love for the underdog.

Pros

+ Not made by Microsoft

+ Beautiful interface
+ Intuitive
+ Customisable

Cons

- Can only choose font sizes from a static list (Font size 11 is not available)
- Cannot scroll through the body of an email with mouse middle click

Most reliable Gmail client

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Pros

Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

Cons

* Need support for other email clients so you can merge email.
* If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave.
* There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example).
* Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

George

• Customer Support Software

Clean Design, no fuss mail client

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails.
Also, I've easily set up the free version for all my team mates which only need one email account.
We don't need special email features and yet I'm personally using 30-50% of the features Mailbird provides, the good thing is that they don't come in my way.

Pros

Very straight forward use, no extraneous features showed in your face all the time
Very cheap for what it offers
Customizable layouts for landscape or portrait monitor setup
Dark mode UI

Cons

When opening links from add-ons apps (such as WhatsApp or Slack) it insists on opening them with their own implementation of a browser which is not practically usable.
There are very occasional bugs but they all get ironed out very fast
Setting up yahoo mail is a multiple step process, but I suppose that's the case with most email clients
No functional proprietary spam filter

Christian
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Easiest and most full featured e-mail manager that I've found.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

Customer support is good. They are constantly making improvements. When I purchased, I had the option to buy it for life. The program easily manages all of my e-mail accounts. The settings for the program and for individual accounts are extensive. My favorite feature would have to be how easy it is to setup accounts. Many programs (especially from Microsoft) require a person to know all of the right settings. You can certainly edit those in Mailbird, but often don't need to.

Cons

There are periodic glitches with updates. The latest was the inability to scroll through messages using the mouse wheel. These things often get fixed eventually, but they are usually simple things that I use regularly so it is a nuisance. Many of the symbols are confusing. Not a big deal once you learn the product, but they aren't intuitive.

Vipin

Mail Bird Pro is my default emailer now

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Pros

Easy to use, there is no unwated additional buttons on confusing functionality. Simple inferface makes it load faster and get notified instantly when a new message arrives.

Cons

There is no delete button while reading a messge individually in the popup window. If we needs to delete a mail after reading. we need to close the messge window and then needs to delete the messge from the list. It is a not simple.

eM Client

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

Simplicity and fastet sync and response.
Gary

Mailbird to the Rescue

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

As noted above, I was looking for a solution for an offline email client. I wanted to try out clients before settling on a particular client. Mailbird free version gave me the opportunity to test the software for my needs before making an investment. Mailbird was easy to set up.
i did have issues with syncing at times, but the help notes gave me a suggested solution and have not had a problem since.

Pros

I needed to find an offline mail client to access my AOL mail and be able to respond offline to send later.
I wanted to have access to my contacts and be able to send group emails, changing groups as needed easily and quickly.

Cons

Sometimes syncing is an issue, but that may be due to the different internet connections while traveling.

Brandon

• Customer Support Software

MailBird is a serious contender for best email app

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Overall I'm able to use Mailbird for all my email accounts and combine everything into one email app which is great. No more switching back and forth to multiple different apps.

Pros

Mailbird is a great full featured email app that works smoothly on my Windows 10 computer. It's replaced all other mail apps (including Microsoft Outlook). It has a wide variety of settings for customization. I can add emails from all accounts very easily and it works flawlessly.

Cons

I do have a difficult time adding POP3 and IMAP accounts at times. It's unclear why at this point so I'd like to see an easier way to add those types of email accounts.

Eric
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

I love this email client!

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Mailbird help me organize my various email accounts and gives me the ability to have them all in my place. This really provides easy access to my mails, help me quickly access and send emails and ensures I don't miss any emails.

Pros

The first then I'll mention is that Mailbird us pretty easy to use.
Another thing is the various add-ons that can be enabled. They make the user experience even more satisfying.
I also like that there's a dark mode. It makes it easy to use it at night.
The snooze option is another feature I love and use quite often.

Cons

I've never had any issues with this software. Works perfectly for me.

David
  • Industry: Government Administration

My Email Manager!

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

I have used OutLook but didn't need all the "bells and whistles" it provided; MailBird provides a stable, happy medium of reliability and features.

Pros

Easy to learn and use; can be modified/personalized; works with all my email services.

Cons

Would enjoy being able to automatically identify selected incoming email sources and have them marked as "important" or "starred" for quick identification when looking at new emails.

All unread emails are identifed with a "blue dot" and also are mildly hightlighted - this highlighting is unnecessary and sometimes makes locating the last opened email difficult.

Quentin

• Customer Support Software

The best mail software of the market

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

This software helps me daily

Pros

It s awesome : i love to have my trello, calendar, twitter and more on the same windows.

Cons

Mailbird need to do more update, more frequently, and add some fonctionnalities (i loved to have comptability/financial tool)

Skyler

Mailbird Pro is Great

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

I have been using Mailbird Pro for about two years now and couldn't imagine switching back to Outlook. It looks great, it's easy to use, all of the web apps I normally use with my email are directly integrated into the app. Custom support is out of this world, they consistently get back to me within a few hours with the exact answer that I need.

Pros

It's super easy to use and the interface is very clean and approachable. The multi-account support, and all of the add-ons make Mailbird the only email client I need.

Cons

No option to schedule emails for sending yet (although the support team said that they've been thinking about it)

Susan
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

One Inbox To Rule Them All

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Mailbird allows me to easily manage multiple email address at an affordable price.

Pros

Mailbird is great at consolidating all of your emails into one application. It's super simple to set up a new account.

Cons

I wish I had the option to upload my own icon for each email account. Unless I want to set up a Gravatar for every email address I am stuck with using the app's built-in icons. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish which email address you are viewing. Life is already complicated enough. No need in adding more confusion.

Ness

• Customer Support Software

Odd user interface, no way to remove banner

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

It's kind of itchy. I might go back to Thunderbird, might not.

Pros

Works for multiple accounts, it doesn't run in a browser.

Cons

The UI takes a lot of getting used to. I often find myself clicking on the wrong thing, even after a year. It doesn't allow you to undelete messages (not usually, anyhow). Various small things.

But the reason I came here to write this review is that they put a big, hot-pink banner (advertising a "sale" of some kind) across the top of it, and there is no way to remove it. How inconsiderate is that? Customer service has been very nice, but unable to help.

Jakub
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Pretty and quite useful mailing client

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

I started to like emailing when it finally look nice and pretty. If you don't need complex mailing client and looking for something good looking and useful - that's it.

Pros

For me it's best looking mailing client, finally something more than just regular ugly window with ton of icons. It's well organized and you can change placement of elements the way you want. It's great that other software like dropbox and evernote connected in pro version.

User interface is great. Choice of colors, proportions and fonts is really good and it's important to me as a designer.

Cons

There's lack of some useful features that you can have in browser with gmail, like drag and drop conversation to folder or fact that you can't add more recipients while you're writing quick reply. Little details, but they can be a bit annoying sometimes.

Sometimes I don't like that settings are quite limited and I don't have as much features as in other mailing clients like Outlook.

I was also looking for free email client - you've got to pay for pro version and there is lot of software that is free. I'm using free version so my email client is containing ads and my account list is limited to three.

Rick
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Great app, hideous customer service

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Again, overall a great app. Just need to provide MUCH better customer service.

Pros

Pretty easy to set up. Seems pretty robust

Cons

1. The automatic conversation organization is a bit cumbersome.
2. I immediately had an issue with the automatic movement of emails to the Archive folder after responding to the email. A coworker sent me a screenshot. I replied: Thanks., the email is gone. I find it in the Archive folder (not optional) and the screenshot is no longer readable. It's showing like a picture that is not downloading. No problem, I'll just move it back to the Inbox. Still not retrievable. I try everything I can think of before attempting to contact customer service....email only. Slowish response from a very nice guy (apparently in India). Not a great grasp of the English language, poor grammar, and comprehension. This starts a pattern of questions and slow responses that literally lasts two weeks before I stopped responding... Unbelievably frustrating. I felt like an idiot having to ask my coworker to resend the screenshot to me 10 minutes later. Cannot imagine that this product will catch on in a strong way if they do not change their CS model.