Notion

4.7 (2,154)
Project and task management tool

(2,154)

Darlan
Darlan
  • Industry: Executive Office

• Customer Support Software

NOTION.SO: AI Writing Assistant is excellent!

Reviewed on 26/05/2023

Pros

NOTION.SO: AI Writing Assistant is Excellent because it is a very complete, customizable, flexible platform, it has an API for several other platforms, among other features. Finally, the cost benefit is incredible, both for the price and for the integrity features, artificial intelligence.

Trello and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

NOTION.SO: AI Writing Assistant.I don't have any dislikes, just compliments, because really, if it continues like this, it will forever be my main workspace. But I am sure that they are always looking to innovate and surprise us, as has been the case.

Google Workspace

Grace
Grace
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Using Notion to get organized and have all my stuff in one place

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Extremely adaptable table and database layouts. Used it as my primary method of note-taking and journaling. I like it better than both OneNote and EverNote combined. One of, if not the greatest, note-taking apps available.

Pros

Simple to input text and numbers. Terrific shortcuts for a variety of jobs. Excellent for including and embedding media. The app allows me to quickly photograph handwritten notes and store them in a folder I can sort through on my computer later.

Cons

Don't try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to table cell entry; if I click into a cell and start typing, it will replace the existing content (just like Excel does), and choosing cells is far more cumbersome than in Excel. The process of making a template is not the most straightforward, and it took me some time to master it.

Roxanne
  • Industry: Hospitality

I've Tried All the Productivity/Project, Task & Client Management Apps - Notion Always Wins

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Pros

Project management and connected databases. Also the ability to create 'teamspaces' in the left side-bar to best organise business and home life.

Cons

The initial learning curve, but it is SO worth learning the nuances of Notion.

Younes
Younes
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

A more doesn't mean always a better

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Like many others: I am a migrant-from-evernote-to-notion user.
So I really feel a difference....

Like many others: I am a migrant-from-evernote-to-notion user.
So I really feel a difference. Evernote become with time a boring routine. You ended up konwing all what the software capacities without a horizon you can looking for. Evernote blog is a good resource but it is not enough for me.
The comparison with Evernote is critical for me. So I can tell you that Notion provide you all what Evernote offer plus a not-so-boring journey during using the product.

Pros

Without doubt its ubiquity (they claim you can organise anything within it) is incredible.

Cons

User experience is not that good. It is not comfort for the eyes.
Too many options.
Too many features.
Need time to learn and use and you ended up reexplain that too many time to your team OR you must buy Khe course about that product. And it's something you should really consider into your calculation of what that software cost.

Airtable and Evernote Teams

Coping the new trend Notion Trying something new

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion is the newer product in this niche so its team study well their competitors and make something avoid the weaknesses of the old products.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Best All-In-One Application

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

I absolutely love notion, and I recommend to those who struggle to be organized in their daily lives.

Pros

There are so many reasons I love this platform, but truly, the ease of use is #1. It is so easy to set up different pages and databases, and I have no trouble switching between my laptop and my phone. I also love that there are so many FREE templates available that have been created by actual users. I use notion for my business, as a daily planner, and to track my budget. It has made my life 10x better.

Cons

One con is learning the formulas. If you are setting up a notion page and you want to integrate more automation through formulas, then I definitely recommend you get a refresher on that skill set.

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Notion

It is just so much easier to use compared to ClickUp. For me, ease is really important and Notion provides me with that.
Frantisek

My second brain is running on it

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

I would recommend to others, since its a suitable tool for me. Everybody has to try.

Pros

Notion is nicely looking and has a great search functions, which are great for creating content.

Cons

The tradeoff for many functions is missing linking function like in other note taking apps like Obsidian or Evernote.

Grayson
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

The Best Toool For Project Management

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

Pros

I like the workflow management features
It makes project planing and management easy
It comes an affordable cost and deployment of Notion is so easy.

Cons

Using Notion has been easy and it has all the features we need.

Sierra
  • Industry: Design

My Favorite Tool in My Business By Far

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

Pros

Notion is a one-stop shop. It can handle almost every system and process I have in my business. Notion doesn't necessarily prescribe a right way to use the product, which makes it very customizable for different needs.

Cons

Because the amount of customization options are endless, it can take a while to set up and get working they way you'd like it to. The upfront investment of time and continued maintenance and evolution of your workspace pays off in the long-term, but deters many from adoption of the product.

Jae

Great for educational use

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

Pros

Super easy to set up an account, nice for tracking assignments and due dates. Loved being able to track habits as well

Cons

Hard to add pages and find the right thing you want

Antonella

Why Notion Is My Favorite

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Pros

It offers best workflow, project, and document management features. Very helpful.

Cons

It has honestly handled well and no complaints.

Aleksandr
Aleksandr
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

One of tools I would not hesitate to recommend.

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Perfect product, priced exactly as it should be.

Perfect product, priced exactly as it should be.

Pros

Notions acts as a backbone of your team in a term of article storage and discussion place.
You see, it is very easy to say "a lot of systems offer article and document storage" but in reality most of them lack clean representation, simple but working hierarchy, sound way to discuss the document, comment it, and notify about the changes. More, notions allows you to attach arbitrary files and images to the document. You may even expose some pages of notion as a part of your website and they do look organic!
Tables, icons, images, backrounds, labels - it is all there.
Right you may name a lot of similar systems, but there is an distinctive thing about notions: it is concentrated on articles and information and it does that great!
Notion offers very easy to learn, fast way to create document, similar to one you may find on Medium.
We've tried a number of different approaches, including basecamp, confluence, slack, dropbox paper - notions is a clear winner.
Notions does have native application for the both desktops and mobile systems.
Notion may be integrated with a number of other products including Slack.
You may even build your website using nothing else but notion itself.
Notion requires just a bit of time to understand how much actually can be expressed with text, tables, checkboxes, labels, comments, images and files. This is revolution made using the set of a very simple things.

Cons

Here I am looking at 100min counter and having no idea what to write. The only thing what I am really scared of is that notion may attempt to change the focus and instead of master of articles become jack of all trades.
Right now it is one of the rare products I use every day without any regrets.

Dropbox Business, Basecamp, and Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Notion

We were looking for an information system and notion.so does exactly that. Mind, it does not offer anything else, for instance there is no chats per se, issue trackers, planners, video conferences. Neither it should. Open youtube and search for, say, "notion.so planing things" and you will find a set of videos that shows how little you actually need to make your team or yourself perform better.

Basecamp and Confluence
Ed

• Customer Support Software

Best tool I use on a daily basis to ideate and take notes

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

The best app I use on a daily basis and couldn't live with out it

The best app I use on a daily basis and couldn't live with out it

Pros

The ability to ideate in the moment and document my thoughts and ideas in real-time through typing and dictation is amazing and being able to link to other pages and podcasts and videos as well as upload images and access an image library, just to mention a small number of the amazing features of this app that I use on a daily basis

Cons

At this point I don't have the ability to search words in my uploaded handwritten paper notes

Google Keep and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Evernote was not developing their features as quickly as Notion and Notion offered features and functionality that Evernote didn't have at the time

More features and functionality
Jose J
Jose J

• Customer Support Software

Everyday note-taking, organization and brainstorming tool

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

So far it has been a great experience for me and my team. Notion has turned into an app that is always open on the computer, just like the email client.

Pros

In our case as a digital assets and marketing company, we need to keep track of many clients and projects. The database feature in Notion allows us to create custom databases where we can filter, search, update and share easily with our clients.

Cons

Maybe it's because of our business type, we don't use Notion for our own project management tasks. However, we discuss and collaborate every day in Notion to deploy our project management tasks in another tool.

Obsidian

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Easiness of use and new features.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion is very user-friendly, and that's why our team start using it right away from the free version until we upgraded to the pro version.
Jenny
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Goodbye Google Docs, Hello Notion! - A story of a workplace leader

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Pretty great thus far. As a workplace leader, our team uses Notion for our internal team to store office info for our various offices. Creating an office guide is extremely important for our culture, especially now with remote work. If anyone is traveling to an office and needs to know "where should I park? how do I get to the office? what is our lunch program?" all information is organized on Notion per office location. Employee experience is one of my biggest priorities, and Notion helps me organize all this information and keep our employees informed.

Pros

Notion quite frankly does it all - it is an area to organize and store information, it provides a platform to collaborate with cross-functional partners, task-management for projects, plan internal events, ETC!

Cons

At times, formatting text / pages can be difficult as a first time user, however once you get the hang of it its not too hard. I looked up a few youtube tutorial videos on how to format pages easier. Perhaps Notion could offer some instructional videos on formatting!

All in one Editor

Reviewed on 16/10/2022

Using it as my go-to tool for note-taking, project tracking, and sharing a common knowledge base across people. Use it for personal use cases for tracking my startup growth.

Pros

Excellent note-taking tool. Good for document storage and sharing. It also has a feature profile management, for personal and company usage. Files can be shared and made available publically. Good pre-defined setup for project tracking and management. My personal favorite is the Page icon and the cover icon of the page. Amazing community and pre-defined templates available for all general use cases.

Cons

It just can't be used directly, and comes with a decent learning curve. More integrations with tools needed, also support for more coding languages.

Sublime Text, Confluence, and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Amazing UI and UX of notion and a very big and active community.

Sublime Text and Evernote Teams
Nitin
Nitin

• Customer Support Software

Exteremely affordable project management tool for freelancers and design agencies

Reviewed on 25/11/2022

Overall, it's a must tool for freelancers who are into designing businesses or working for multiple clients at once. I will not recommend you go for a team plan or enterprise plan until you have more team members.

Pros

I loved their user interface where I can do anything from scribbling to creating doc task lists. Its quirky templates help me get my work done in a cool way as I am a designer and love creativity in my work. No more boring emails and assignments.One more thing is it's very affordable if you want to purchase an enterprise or team plan which exposes more team member access and a dedicated manager.

Cons

Even if it's affordable, its paid plan doesn't have much for freelancers compared to the free plan of notion. More features make things complicated and sometimes heavy in terms of getting a quick overview.

Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I need something more prominent in terms of features and need affordable solutions hence switched

monday.com
Michael
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Notion is where my brain lives.

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

I have been exclusively using Notion for about 3 years for all things organization. I keep track of workflows for multiple areas of responsibility. It's insanely robust and powerful at an incredible price point.

Pros

I love the user interface. I thoroughly enjoy database linking. They recently added tabs and its the best feature thus far!

Cons

The mobile app is not stellar. It has vastly improved in the past year. This app thrives on a desktop.

Todoist and Things

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Cost. I paid an insane amount of money for Things and they released a major update that would have been a brand-new purchase. I know there are arguments for this sort of thing but I think it's ridiculous when so many other apps and software give you updates for free.

Things

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Again, cost. Notion is insanely robust for such a great price.

Daily Use - Extremely Great For Documentation/Knowledge Base

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

It is a great product. We use it daily and it's our go-to tool for everyday use of reference or information storage.

Pros

Being able to centrally store, categorize, navigate, search and share knowledge base. It is extremely important to store documentation for both internal use and the client in my current working model.

Cons

The app is getting heavier and slower. What I like least about the product is that it is slows down considerably as more and more data or information are stored within. This is the main reason why I only store/share files with embedded links to my other cloud storage. This because even with just text, the user experience due to slowness is sometimes quite frustrating.

Microsoft OneNote

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Lost of data on Evernote and was not able to bring them back. This was a long time ago, and I never turn back. As for MS OneNote, I still like it but Notion simply has a lot more user friendly functionality. But if Notion continue to be slow, I might just switch back to MS Note.

Microsoft OneNote and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Notion

The many functionalities available on Notion compared to OneNote.
Sheen
  • Industry: Public Safety

Best documentation tool for your company

Reviewed on 25/07/2023

Pros

Notion is by far the easiest to use tool to manage documents, share knowledge between teams or to simply take notes for meetings. It is literally a digital notebook. You can easily collaborate with your team members because you can have shared Notion pages. I love that Notion is so intuitive. There are so many commands that you can use to make the page look better in terms of its readability. They have put a lot of thought into making it an easy to use tool. I also like that they have mobile app, desktop app as well as browser availability. I have even used it for personal purposes, whether it is about making travel plans or making an integration with your website, Notion can be a great tool for it all.

Cons

I think the only thing that Notion falls short in is the way Tables are presented. If you add a Table in your Notion page, it will have limited functions which makes me want to move out of Notion and maintain an excel or word doc. Otherwise Notion is a pretty complete application in itself. But when you make a table in Notion, you cannot really format your text within it. It is the least advanced function in Notion.

Björn
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Beyond happy with Notion. I don't think I could ever work without it in the future

Reviewed on 30/03/2020

Personally I use Notion everyday to track my OKRs (objectives and key results) and document all my learnings. Out with Google sheets and links everywhere - in with notion pages. With possibilities of adding virtually anything into the pages (timelines, tables, videos, images, etc..), it makes everything much more clear and readable. It has become a core tool in our internal communication.

On top of that, you can even create pages for external use. I believe Pento are a great example [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

They literally use it as an employer branding tool to present their company to the world. Why not do something like that for your company? :)

Pros

What I like the most with Notion is that I do not even know where to start to describe it. We use it for so many things in our company. Each team has their own space where they can drive their own projects - some may have some high level presentations of the people in the team, others like marketing use it for their "project requests". All in all I feel that everything is just much more organised as soon as it is in notion. The important is probably to start with a good structure and then make sure everyone knows how to use it.

Cons

When it has not been structured, it can get chaotic. Make sure you have a great "base" and then onboard all the users with some guidelines, and it will all be great!

Probably the best aesthetic all rounded application.

Reviewed on 22/02/2022

Pros

There's so many things that I love about Notion. A good starting point is that Notion can be used for so many things. Note taking, planning, journaling, project management is just a few. Personally, I use it for daily planning, keeping track of my assignments and planning college work and studying for exams. I also use it for project management because I can easily track and plan projects in the same place as I keep my resources.
Another great pro about Notion is all the available templates that you can customize. If you are going for a more professional look or if you want an artsy aesthetic look, you can change it to any way you want. Most templates are free but there are paid versions that you can buy as well.
Notion is also supported on many devices so you can just view your plans on the go. To add to that, there's many free widgets you could use to add to the various features in Notion.
Notion has in built databases, Kanban boards, to do lists, tables, and so many features that you can tweak and use in so many ways.

Cons

The only con about Notion is that its not very beginner friendly. It can take a while to get used to all the features and how to use them efficiently. Setting up Notion to how you want it can take a bit of time but this is worth it in the long run. There are many tutorials which you can use to learn and starter templates that you could use, but if you want something very specific and is a picky person it might take time to set things up. Using things like databases requires a bit of knowledge so I would suggest looking at a few tutorials before deep diving into customization. The good things is that the tutorials are abundant so you won't be lost. Putting in the time to get exactly what you want is definitely good for the long run.

Koffi
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

My testimony and avaluation of Notion

Reviewed on 21/01/2023

Overall, my experience using Notion for task and project management has been positive. The platform offers a wide range of features such as task scheduling, editing and updating, progress tracking, project planning, and integration with other apps and services, that allows me to stay organized and manage my work effectively. The user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it simple to use even for someone who is new to the software. The ability to create custom properties and use tags enables me to categorize and sort my tasks in a way that makes sense for me. Additionally, the ability to embed other types of content like images, videos, and documents in my pages, allows me to keep all my project related information in one place. However, I have found that the integration with other apps and services could be improved, and the mobile app experience could be more user-friendly. Overall, Notion has been a great tool for me to increase my productivity and stay organized.

Pros

I have been using Notion for task and project management for several months now, and I have found that one feature that I particularly appreciate is the flexibility of the platform. Notion allows me to customize and tailor the way I organize my tasks and projects to my specific needs. The ability to create custom properties and use tags enables me to categorize and sort my tasks in a way that makes sense for me. Additionally, the ability to embed other types of content like images, videos, and documents in my pages, allows me to keep all my project related information in one place. I also appreciate the simplicity of the platform, it allows me to focus on my work and not getting lost in a maze of settings and options. Overall, the flexibility and simplicity of Notion is a feature that I particularly appreciate, it helps me to stay organized and productive.

Cons

I have found that one feature that I particularly dislike is the limited integration with other apps and services. While it's possible to integrate with other apps like Google Drive and Trello, it still doesn't provide the same level of seamless integration as other project management tools. Additionally, the lack of real-time collaboration tools such as in-app chat or video conferencing makes it difficult to work efficiently with my team. Furthermore, I found the mobile app experience to be a bit clunky and not as user-friendly as the web version. Overall, while Notion offers some integration and collaboration features, it could be improved to provide a more seamless experience across different apps and platforms.

Dhruvil
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Notion Review For Project Management

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

Notion is a powerful tool for project management, offering a range of features that can improve team collaboration, task management, and productivity. Its customizable interface, flexible task management, collaboration tools, rich media integration, and mobile app make it a popular choice for many teams. However, its steep learning curve, limited export options, limited integrations, pricing model, and customization challenges are potential weaknesses to consider when deciding whether Notion is the right tool for your project management needs.

Pros

1. customizable Interface: Notion's interface is highly customizable, allowing users to create a workspace that suits their needs. This means that users can create project management templates that fit their workflows, which can save time and increase productivity.2. Flexible Task Management: Notion allows users to create tasks, set deadlines, and assign them to team members. The software offers various views, including list, board, calendar, and kanban, allowing users to choose the view that works best for them.3. Collaboration Tools: Notion's collaboration tools, including comments and mentions, make it easy for team members to communicate and work together on projects. This feature can improve team collaboration and reduce communication barriers.4. Rich Media Integration: Notion allows users to add a range of rich media, including images, videos, and files, making it easy to keep project-related information in one place. This feature can save time and reduce the need for multiple tools.5. Mobile App: Notion's mobile app allows users to access their projects on the go, making it easy to stay on top of tasks and collaborate with team members from anywhere.

Cons

1. Learning Curve: Notion has a steep learning curve, especially for new users. This can be a challenge for some teams and may require additional training or support.2. Limited Export Options: While Notion offers a range of import options, it has limited export options. This means that users may find it difficult to move their data out of Notion if they decide to switch to a different tool.3. Limited Integrations: Notion has limited integrations with other software tools, which may limit its usefulness for some teams. However, it does offer integrations with popular tools like Google Drive, Slack, and Trello.4. Pricing: Notion's pricing model can be expensive for larger teams, especially if they require access to premium features like guest access and version history.5. Customization Challenges: While Notion's customizable interface is a strength, it can also be a weakness. Customization can lead to cluttered workspaces, which can be challenging to navigate for some users.

Jordan

Notion is our lifeblood

Reviewed on 09/10/2023

Overall, I'm super happy with Notion. I use it literally every day and depend on it a great deal. Would recommend to other startup founders and small businesses.

Pros

Notion makes organizing our entire company generally easier. We use the tools for taking notes during external calls, documenting our code, writing the employee handbook, and planning our product roadmap. Notion makes it super easy to spin up pages and organize them based on their respective topics. The ability to also nestle in any relevant content on a page is super helpful for building pages around sales or partnerships - they become fully contextual.

Cons

What is tough about Notion is that it can be hard to get going. I at first was apprehensive to the tool because initially it's very confusing. Once the onboarding and UX is fully smoothed out, everyone will be on it. Once overcoming the initial hurdle though and you learn to "speak the Notion language" it'll change your life.

Google Docs
Carol
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

The ultimate all-in-one tool for projects

Reviewed on 19/11/2023

Notion is a robust tool that's transformed how I handle my ideas and projects. The level of customization is unlike any other, and having an AI assistant at my fingertips is like a dream. Despite the initial learning hurdle and the consideration of cost for the full suite of features, I find Notion to be a like a swiss army knife and an indispensable asset in my work life.

Pros

- Flexibility: Customizing pages in Notion is a breeze, allowing me to organize everything just the way I like using different content blocks. I can just write plain text, attach images and files, and set up interlinked databases that I can view in multiple formats such as table, list, calendar, gallery, etc.

- Notion AI Assistant: A real time-saver that helps keep my productivity levels high since I can draft up proposals, project updates, and emails that would otherwise take me much longer writing from scratch.

- Template Gallery: Offers a good starting point for various projects and use cases.

- Seamless Integrations: Connects with other tools I use, simplifying my workflow.

Cons

- Steep Learning Curve: Initially, it can be daunting, and you really have to make sure that you don't fall into the trap of overly complicating your set up. You may end up trying to utilize too many of Notion's features that it becomes overwhelming to use.

- Cost Considerations: The free version is great for small personal use, but if you're using this for your business, you'll probably want to choose the paid plans, which is where the cost starts adding up with the per member pricing. The AI Assistant is an additional cost as well.