Airbase

Spend management platform with accounts payable automation

5 /5 (11 reviews) Write a Review!
4.9
Dmitri L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best AP solution for SMB to MidSize businesses

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

From start to end we had an amazing experience with the sales process, implementation and daily operations. Highly recommend!

Pros

The best thing about Airbase are not the constant flow of features, the insanely fast support team or even the ease of deployment. The best thing is the architecture for approval flows and how the product team pays very close attention to customer needs.

The approval flows are setup in such ways as to allow each team to be fully automated in their approval flows and forbids circumvention of controls, thus allowing us a very high level of confidence that each person is accountable for their purchases.

Cons

I highly recommend Airbase, however, this is a new product and I also recommend spending a lot of time analyzing each nuance of your AP process needs before moving forward as not all features are immediately available. At the time of writing this review, international payments are not yet ready but Airbase has communicated their roadmap and we know exactly when this will be rolled out. The minor drawbacks have not impacted our improvements in performance, quality, and stability of accounting controls or slowed us down at all.

Kenny M.
Industry: Computer Software

Airbase makes managing spend a breeze

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

* It's been a life-saver on the finance side. I've been able to automate all of our spend and everything from recurring software to one-off employee requests get routed through Airbase. Really easy to administer and employees needed no training.

Pros

* Helped me streamline the entire spend process at Coda.io - I route most expenses through the platform - everything from software to travel to one-off expenditures.
* Incredibly easy to use - I have never trained an employee on how to use Airbase. They log in, and it's clear what they should do.
* It creates tremendous peace of mind on spend - I don't worry about vendors charging us more than they should, people buying software they don't need, and card numbers getting stolen.
* Visibility - It's easy to know what has already been purchased, who purchased it, and how much are we spending.
* Keeps getting better - Airbase started with just digital credit cards but the tool is quickly replacing all types of spend management software internally.

Cons

* Mobile app still catching up to web app, but moving quickly.
* Manually moving over old spend into Airbase by switching credit cards with vendors was tedious, but a worthwhile one-time investment, and Airbase did a lot to make it as painless as possible (found all the vendors for us that we needed to update)

Sabrina H.

It's very good

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

While the system is good I actually appreciate the customer support the people are Airbase are very personable and friendly.

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate, it also helps that the design of the site is pleasing to the eye and doesn't cause confusion or looks to crammed full of features, its formatted in just the right way.

Cons

The only issue if that, is that I keep forgetting to go in and make payments in the bill payment section once its been authorized I also keep forgetting though its simple enough what tab i need to go into in order to release the payments - would be nice if they payment was auto processed once authorized unless a specific date was noted for payments to go out.

Chuck W.
Industry: Insurance

Airbase -- Great Spend Management Software -- HDVI Uses It Every Day.

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

See above --

Pros

Airbase directly addresses some of the hardest financial management issues facing all companies today -- and HDVI is no exception. With a robust set of features, Airbase manages our spending across all types of purchases -- subscription based, one-time, etc. -- and across all types of payments (ACH, Checks, Credit Cards, etc.) It takes multiple cumbersome processes and consolidates them into streamlined, highly automated workflows -- reducing our work, and increasing our visibility into and control of company spending across the board.

Cons

Initially, Airbase had limited functionality in a few areas. However, it's quickly filled those holes in -- so at this point, it's more than overcome those initial limitations.

Julian G.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Really great solution for purchasing!

Reviewed on 08/09/2020

Pros

This is the first time I have used a spend management platform like this and it is 100% a game changer. I enjoy how easy it is to set employees up to create virtual credit cards and efficiently take care of expenses with external vendors. Permissions that are set up for each person streamlines the approval process and lets them get their work done quicker. It also easily tracks all of your expenses so that you can reference them at any point. Really grateful that my company uses Airbase!

Cons

No areas of improvement that I can think of at this time.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy, seamless, intelligent

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

Pros

Airbase makes spend management really easy. I like having a separate virtual card for each service. Setting, managing, limiting, and reporting cost on a per-service basis makes it really easy for us to make sure we're spending money efficiently. Sharing virtual cards externally (e.g. when we want to make it really easy for a candidate to expense an onsite interview trip) is super handy.

Cons

No real complaints! I haven't had any major issues using Airbase.

Sumeet G.
Industry: Computer Software

Great product for fast growing companies

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Prior to airbase, I feel like we were running in the dark. Invoices would show up in email, department leaders didn't really have much transparency or control over what was being spent.
With airbase, it's super easy for a dept head (or anyone with a spend budget) to accurately track what's being spent, make sure vendors are paid on time, and ensure that the team's always staying within budget and financial authorization limits.
It's really simplified life, not just for our finance team, but for the entire leadership and brought an amazing degree of financial control - something that was sorely needed for a fast growing startup such as ours.

Pros

Ability to create virtual credit cards per vendor is amazing. It provides such a great degree of control and transparency into our spend, while making our spend reporting so much more accurate.
Also, love the user experience and ease of use.

Cons

Hard to find anything to dislike. I've had a great experience so far.

David K.

Airbase is fantastic!

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

As someone who came from a large technology company and had to manually enter all receipts from my personal card every month, I have found Airbase, and in particular their virtual cards, to be an amazing experience. There is no going back.

Pros

Virtual cards is so obviously the future of corporate expenses and purchasing that it's silly it took this long to figure it out.

Cons

The experience around recurring software purchases could use some minor clarifications.

Megan C.
Industry: Automotive

Perfect for Organizations that Need Organization!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Pros

It is so easy to use and understand. It keeps our company very organized in an aesthetically pleasing way!

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to have 1 card for multiple uses. For example, I need to have 4 Amazon cards because 1 is for the Prime membership, 1 is for employee morale, 1 is for office supplies and 1 is for computer supplies. It would be nice to have just one card instead of 4 for the same vendor.

Lorina P.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Airbase is the Best Spend Management Tool out there!

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Pros

Most efficient and streamline spend management tool I have ever used! Being able to easily issue vendor specific virtual cards and payments are easy safe and secure.

Cons

There were no blockers or issues with integrating Airbase for our team as administrators and endusers.

Reid S.
Industry: Insurance

Best solution on the market for corporate spend management

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

I can say from personal experience using the product over the past 6-9 months that we absolutely love using Airbase. It's a really flexible and elegant solution to the corporate spend management problem. By issuing virtual cards on a per-vendor basis with tight controls on each card, Airbase threads the needle between the benefits of issuing corporate cards to employees and reimbursing employees for vendor payments, both of which have their benefits but also their major setbacks. Airbase has the best of both worlds and is the best solution that we have seen for managing corporate spend. I would recommend it to anyone looking to simplify this area of their business -- especially startups!

Pros

Fantastic, easy-to-use financial product. Best solution out there to managing corporate spend.

Cons

Would benefit from a rewards program. That is the only thing that is missing vs. issuing traditional corporate cards