Houzz Pro

Write a Review!
Business management software for contractors and architects

4.1/5

Jo
Jo

HOUZZ for Kitchen and Bath Professionals

Reviewed on 27/08/2021

The lead generation is appreciated but confusing. Too much calling, emailing, texting. I try to contact most leads but few return my calls or emails. Sometimes they are confused as to why I am calling. Some, I think, just tell HOUZZ something because they got too far into the query.

Pros

After almost 10 years with HOUZZ I feel the cost is worth it. We have a large metropolitan area we include in our advertising. The ability to show potential customers our projects is the number 1 reason we use it. Although many features have been added, the only other one we use is the lead generating aspect. It takes attention and time but we do get some good leads that turn into projects.

Cons

All of the added features are included in other software we already use such as DropBox , Quickbooks, and Asana. Starting over did not make sense for us. I have looked at some of the features but they appeared to take too much time to get started.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Jo, thank you for your review and for trusting Houzz for so long! We're happy to hear advertising and our leads have helped your business grow, but would love to show you how to get so much more out of some of our other features. We encourage you to connect with your client success manager so that we can show you all the capabilities available to you! Additionally, we really appreciate your feedback on how the lead system operates and we've communicated your concerns to our product team.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Kristin

• Customer Support Software

Excellent product - super helpful to manage my business

excellent product - excellent customer service

excellent product - excellent customer service

Pros

3D layouts, product proposals, invoicing, job and hour tracking

Cons

I feel like the mood boards could be more user friendly.

Kevin
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

BUYER BEWARE

Reviewed on 23/05/2024

Pros

3D renderings were not bad
Had some options for furniture templates

Cons

I highly recommend against this app. Sure, there are a lot of “free trials” out there that make you put in a credit card number, and then you forget to cancel in time, and then they charge you. Be warned, this app will charge you $199 per month, and if you cancel even a minute after your renewal, they will stick to their terms and screw you out of your money even though you don’t want to use their service. I was unfortunately on vacation in Mexico at the time my trial was expiring so I missed it when it came through. I cancelled probably 7 or 8 hours after the renewal deadline when I finally saw it. Like I said, I would avoid this app like the plague. Also, besides the money scam, this app is so-so in terms of features. They are trying to create a “do everything” app, and the end result comes out weak.

Response from Houzz

Hi Kevin, please contact me so that we can make this right. We have a grace period that should have easily covered this.

Danielle

Keeping it Real

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

Being able to run Design and Construct business in the one program is ideal.
There are areas for...

Being able to run Design and Construct business in the one program is ideal.
There are areas for improvement, however overall it has given our clients a better user experience for being able to better communicate our design and build ideas, proposals and updating clients about the project during construction.

Pros

Love that it has the option to provide a well rounded service from start to finish in handling clients from lead stage, to design, quotation proposals and build management. Not many options out there that combine design and construction components in one program.

Cons

Leads that come through are hit and miss. A lot of scam leads. However, have had some very successful leads.

Needs little better handling and efficiency across the system and better user friendly interface for the app.

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

That it co-ordinated both design and build together
Gina

Houzz Software Program

Reviewed on 01/05/2024

Pros

I find the software useful for floor plans and design concepts in 2D/3D which helps clients visualise space layouts and style. The ability to put together proposals, financials and have all relevant communications under each project for easy access is helpful. Support people are helpful.

Cons

The credit card payment facility needs addressing with a 1.4% slug out of your invoice for card payments. The program is still a little clunky but is definitely improving with software updates coming through.

Geraldine

Great service

Reviewed on 20/04/2024

Pros

The fact that everything is in one place

Cons

The monthly fee is a little high would like it to be a little kore affordable

Courtney

Houzz Pro App

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

Pros

I like the ease of organizing different clients, the ease of tracking time & products and how simple it makes invoicing.

Cons

I don’t love that it takes some time for payments from Houzz to hit my bank account

Lyndsey

My business runs on Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

Overall my experience has been great. I like to keep things simple and easy for everyone involved.

Pros

I like the simplicity of Houzz Pro, everything I need including my website is in one convenient location.

Cons

Sometimes they release upgrades too early and users suffer through the learning curve when there could have been a better way to incorporate new features and educate users.

JAMIE

Designer Review

Reviewed on 13/04/2024

Pros

User friendly platform. Everything is simple, clear and easy in layout and design.

Cons

I wish I could incorporate my contract so I can send the contract and invoice for my services together

Dana

Houzz Pro review Dana Kelly

Love it so far! Wish it was a little less since I don't use all its functions

Love it so far! Wish it was a little less since I don't use all its functions

Pros

I use it mostly for invoicing and project management for clients. It has helped keep me so much more organized and efficient!

Cons

The moodboards- I wish I could source photos from my trade accounts particularly for the 3D walk through would be so useful.

Response from Houzz

Hi Dana, thanks for the feedback on 3D images from trade vendors. For Mood Boards, you can use the clipper tool to source images from your trade accounts - let me know if you need help I'd be happy to set up a training session! - Chloe

David

• Customer Support Software

Houzz Pro fits the bill for this small homebuilding company

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

My overall experience with Houzz Pro is quite good. It is robust enough yet simple enough to work for this small contractor.

Pros

I like the timeline, the tasks section, the daily logs (super easy to use, including pictures - my clients are loving this). I am starting to use the budgeting and estimating side and I like it so far.

Cons

There are a few small hiccups with how information is communicated with subs and vendors, but I fully expect this to get better in the near future. Houzz is constantly adding new features. I don't like not being able to view the timelines on mobile devices. Add this functionality please!

BuildBook

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Buildertrend is a bloated product in my opinion with too many options and features and actually made my workflow more complicated, whereas Houzz Pro has simplified things for me. And also, Houzz Pro is much cheaper.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

I chose Houzz Pro because I was already using their advertising and lead platform.
Justin

Houzz Pro To the Rescue

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Site Mangement. Since hiring a project manger I can see the pictures taken on site and it provides one place for communication between subs, team members, and clients.

Pros

The product is easy to use and for clients to maneuver. I get far less pushback from sub contractors with this software than with others I've used in the past.

Cons

At first I thought there was, but after some interaction with the Houzz Pro team, we were off to the races. As we get bigger, we may need to upgrade to program better suited for larger companies

CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Everyone hated using builder trend, cumbersome.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

Initially price and after a product demos, it was pretty clear that Houzz Pro was going to work best for us.

Response from Houzz

Justin - thank you for the feedback. We continue to build out new features and functionality to serve larger firms, so please reach out to me as I'd love to hear what you would need to growth with us.

Molly

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

I am at a 50% right now. There are features that I love, and again, features that surprisingly are absent.

Pros

I've found the online chat feature on Houzz to be incredibly helpful. It's become my go-to whenever I have questions while browsing the platform.

Cons

Several features that I believe should be standard offerings are either absent or require cumbersome workarounds within the Houzz platform. Despite being assured that user feedback is integral to driving improvements, none of the suggestions I've provided have been implemented to date.

Response from Houzz

Hi Molly - we are constantly gathering input for new features and we add them based on the number of designers asking for them. I'd love to hear your list and share with you what on your list is coming soon. Please don't hesitate to reach out - Chloe

Elizabeth

Houzz Pro Review

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

I am a fan of Houzz Pro Review! It has been very helpful to me and my business. The features, the functionality, and the ease of use. I've used several project management software programs and I cannot recommend Houzz Pro Review enough.

Pros

Houzz Pro Review has helped me streamline my small business, making proposals and invoicing simple.

Cons

Not a lot of help in the beginning. I asked for a walkthrough in setting up my account and was basically told to go look at training videos. I felt like they were all over me, hounding me when they thought I might use the software for website and marketing but when it turned out I only wanted the project management software the customer service fell off real quickly.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Hated the platform. Not user friendly. I didn't think the accounting was worth it.

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

Other than studio designer, I looked at Monday again but I wasn't really all that impressed.

Response from Houzz

Hi Elizabeth - that's definitely not the onboarding experience we are looking to provide - please reach out to me so we can get you a training session ASAP. Chloe

Javier

Great Platform For Architects and Designers

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

Overall we are very happy with Houzz and hope to be able to continue being one of their Houzz Pro clients.

Pros

I like how it has evolved into a design focused platform, and how its focusing on helping professionals manage businesses. Our primary interest in Houzz was to have an additional portfolio that could be easily found by prospective clients. Next our focus was keeping up to date with customer satisfaction. Currently we have found better and better clients who have found us through Houzz. This company has definitely focused on improving itself.

Cons

The cost is a bit too high for us currently.

BQE CORE Suite and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

We focus mostly on the marketing value of houzz, not the project management aspect.
Ricardo

• Customer Support Software

Every thing is at my fingertips.

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

Absolutely the most comprehensive and complete management app I have used, currently.

Pros

The start-up tool and the photo measurement tool. Very easy to use.

Cons

An accounting tool like Quickbooks but part of the Houzz Pro management package. Maybe integration of financing options for potential clients. It would completely overtake the market. It would put Houzz Pro in a position of exclusivity no one could dismiss.

Nicole

• Customer Support Software

Great for a small business.

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Notes from "Billing and Invoice" section on previous page: (I needed to delete these comments in order to continue to this page).

I like the option to create and use templates to customize my invoices. It's nice to add a logo, but once you add it, you have to replace it with another image. I wish there was an option to set the invoice due date to always be on the 1st of each month or 4 weeks from the day of the invoice being sent. I also feel it is redundant to have two due dates listed on the invoice. Currently, I have to toggle back to edit the invoice because the date didn't update. Once an invoice is sent, it would be nice to automatically return to the all invoices page.

Pros

Fantastic new layout!! I can see improvements have been made since I started with Houzz Pro.

Cons

The time keeping and invoicing needs to improve.

Anne Marie

Overall happy

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

Customer service is responsive - usually able to get in touch with someone in a day or so.

Pros

that its user friendly. It does have many nuances that I have had to figure out the hard way, but that is true of any program.

Cons

I have mentioned these issues else where and super hopeful they will be addresses in time.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Anne Marie! Could you give us an idea of some of the issues you'd like to see addressed that you alluded to in your cons?

-The Houzz Pro Team

Daniel

Landscape Designer & Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 03/10/2021

My overall satisfaction would be a 9 out of 10 rating. As I mentioned in my previous message about the "cons," with Houzz Pro unable to provide a client app is why I am only rating this a 9 out of 10. Other than this I am extremely satisfied for now with Houzz Pro. I am really curious to find out if there is anything on the IT side in hopes of a new app development coming out any time soon.

Pros

I love that everything you need from start to finish for my projects are all stored through the Houzz Pro dashboard. It doesn't matter how large or small the scale of my projects, Houzz Pro seems to have everything I need in order to properly manage projects.

Cons

I do wish there was an app feature for my clients to use. The homeowners that trust me to take on their large projects are extremely busy people as well, as some are CEOs and CFOs to large companies. The larger projects require way more management which requires way more communication between myself and my client. These extremely busy homeowners would benefit from an app for them to log in and see their dashboard, messages, documents directly from their phone or tablet with just a hit of their finger. This is the largest request I am receiving from my clients and I agree with them, that a homeowner app for houzz pro would be crucial in leveling up my customer satisfaction which ultimately will increase my overall satisfaction with Houzz Pro.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Daniel, thank you for your review and recommendation! We actually do have a dashboard that your clients can access on mobile! As they use it, we would love to hear your and their feedback on how we can improve it.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Marie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Enjoying the Professionalism of Houze Pro!

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

Right now I'm pretty exhausted after working all day on several projects, but I will do my best with this.

It seems that all the prospects I receive are wanting to do quite a bit of work, after being in their homes for all these months; but don't have the budget to do what they want, so even though I give a free consultation on the phone and answer all their questions. I really need some better prospects and am wondering if I need to update my website, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] thinks it's great. Should I not mention working within their budget? I am getting all the cheapskates it seems! i understand people are worried; so am I!!

I also just the other day, tried to make some verbal improvements but it didn't tell me I had run over the 2500 word limit until I finished it, and so it didn't save any of it. I talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about this and he told me to send what I wanted to write to him. Please look this over for me if you really want to help.I know Houzz keeps him pretty busy!

Could someone else look my website over and make some suggestions. ? I think a longer video with music would be better..the one you have put on there is too short. Please advise me on that.. But I can honestly say that I have investigated other companies and nothing compares to your Professional program!! Thanks so much for your dedication to be a truly professional place for us designers and decorators to have our websites! Marie Given

Pros

I really like almost all of the features for Houzz Pro. I also really appreciate my dedicated account manager..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...He always tries to call back ASAP and is very upbeat and helpful!!

Please keep the prospect description short. In my opinion it should always fill just ONE sheet so it can be copied and followed up on until we get results of some kind.. and the phone number should show with it. Sometimes when I click on it, the screen changes, and I have to go find the phone number by clicking on Leads and going through putting the name in just to get the phone number. It's hard to describe, but that's it has recently started tot be a problem.. Otherwise it is very easy to work with. Please keep it informative, but short.

Cons

Yes the REVIEW section could be improved. I have had several people have trouble in trying to give me a review, even though I have sent them a request for it from my end using their email address! Please make it easier for the client to leave a review.
Second: I always send an email immediately after trying to call the lead. I NEVER have had a prospect say they received it! . there must be a fault in what Houzz puts as a Subject line, but they don't open it or receive it and reply to me. At that point, this is the ONLY way we can get in touch with some of them especially if the phone number is busy or incorrect. ! Please improve it and get it to the prospect right away. That would help a lot! What is happening here?

Alberto
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Still space to improve

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

In my opinion, Houzz Pro software has been a mixed bag. While it offers valuable features for project management and the support is commendable, there are notable drawbacks. The software has encountered bugs and lacks essential design elements, causing frustration and a loss of trust. Lead generation has been subpar, with low-quality leads and unresponsiveness. The program's extensive capabilities are impressive, but the learning curve is steep. Overall, while there are positives, there is room for improvement in various areas to enhance the user experience.

Pros

Houzz Pro is an indispensable tool for our business, providing a comprehensive project-based software solution. Its wide range of features caters to our needs, including project selection, proposals, and seamless invoicing with clients. Moreover, the platform offers remarkable cost savings, as it delivers all these capabilities at a fraction of the cost, eliminating the hassle of converting funds to Canadian currency. One of the highlights is the Houzz Pro dashboard, which conveniently stores everything required for my projects, regardless of their scale. Additionally, the insightful analytics prove invaluable in tracking progress and identifying successful endeavors.

Cons

The learning curve may seem daunting, but the exceptional support provided makes it worthwhile. Don't let that discourage you from exploring the platform's immense value once everything is up and running smoothly. However, there are a few areas that could be improved. It would be beneficial to have the ability to edit or cancel items after issuing an invoice, and generating credit memos can be challenging. Additionally, it would be convenient if bank transfer payments were free of charge. The Houzz Pro software design program has some bugs and lacks key elements like stairs and fireplaces, which need fixing to regain trust. Customizing specific furniture pieces within the program would be a great addition.

Annette

• Customer Support Software

"Marketing, Production and Financial Tools that show promise for professionals"

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

We started the Houzz Pro subscription to update our professional profile, create a new website and give ourselves more exposure. All of these goals have been achieved and we feel our overall experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure. As a former creative director, I directed her with my vision to see through every detail of the profile, our projects and the website design/content.

Pros

Learning and using the Leads and Projects features/functions has been a good way to track jobs as long as you have a dedicated person managing it. Some of the other tools like mood boards and 3D tools have not been tested out yet, but seem like they would add value working with clients in the future.

Cons

1. The fact that you can't print out leads details has been a challenge and should be made available. Taking a screen capture to then print out is added time.
2. When scheduling project tasks, I would also like to print out the detail and hours for each task entered. This would help with sending out monthly invoices on jobs and tracking employee tasks.
3. Many times a lead comes in and we respond, but then Houzz Pro sends out an email to us to ask if we've followed up?
4. I found out from our accountant that QBonline does not integrate with QBdesktop. So, while we like the Estimate, Invoices and Change Order tools provided by Houzz Pro, we still need to have our bookkeeper "re-enter" these once a month into QBdesktop to keep track of everything. So this adds some extra time too.

Response from Houzz

Annette, thank you for your detailed feedback! We're constantly improving Houzz Pro, and input like yours is completely invaluable in that process. Should you ever run into any issues, please reach out to us at http://help.houzz.com.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Mary Anne

• Customer Support Software

Not the same Houzz it use to be

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

we do not have a need for all the additional services as we already have an established business with a website and email already set up, as well as an invoicing system, calendar, etc. especially since not a lot of our clients are from houzz. When this was strictly a platform to showcase your work for potential projects, we received many projects from direct messages. But since everything changed years ago, we continue to struggle to actually get any response from anyone.

Pros

This was a great place to showcase projects to gain potential clients

Cons

Ever since the first changes were made, when they started to prompt potential clients with a survey asking them about their project, we quite receiving direct messages. We stopped getting people seeking us out because they saw our profile and wanted us specifically. Instead, they are now inundated with multiple calls from all the designers who received the potential project, which I'm sure is frustrating on their part. Many times (most) when we call those potential clients, we never even get an answer. We leave a message, we follow up with an email through Houzz, and almost never hear from any of them. The ones we do actually get to speak with again, usually don't go anywhere, and those few that actually meet with us, end because they do not have a realistic budget (or not the budget they suggested they have on their survey). We use to receive multiple high end whole home projects, but recently the only projects we get are single room, or just accessories.

Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Doesn't fit our current business model

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

Our purpose in using Houzz Pro was to bring in quality leads. That was the only function we desired to use it for, bringing us leads that fit our business model. Our hope was that Houzz Pro would filter out leads that weren't a good fit, and connect us with people who were a good fit. That's two separate objectives, and Houzz Pro isn't meeting either of those. Most of the leads we get are not looking to hire at all, or they aren't looking to hire a company like ours. They're looking to hire directly, not work with a general contractor.

Pros

Houzz Pro has a good look and is constantly updating it's capabilities.

Cons

Some of the newer features are more about Houzz doing something, than creating a product that connects quality leads with professionals. They make a lot of noise and do a lot of things, but no one really benefits. Concierge services, especially has been very unhelpful. Also, they way Houzz Pro redesigned it's format is not as user friendly for our objectives.

Response from Houzz

Hi Sarah-

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can improve your experience.

The Houzz Team

Mike

• Customer Support Software

It's ok, but the new 3.0 has not been an upgrade for us.

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

There are aspects that work great, but there is much left to be done under 3.0. The broken sync with Quickbooks is nearly a showstopper for us because of the impact to our finances when they get things wrong. The support team tries to be helpful, but there is only so much they can do with the bad code in the product.

Pros

It's geared for the industry which is nice, but it seems with each new "upgrade" they are not listening to customers and resulting in bad or cumbersome UX experiences.

Cons

The syncing with Quickbooks breaks everyday under 3.0 projects. Invoices say they sync, but they don't. Bills don't get created even though Houzz says it did, invoices keep syncing non-taxable items as taxable. I've had to hire someone to manually fix the numerous issues with 3.0 just in syncing to QBO.

Response from Houzz

Hi Mike - we'd love the opportunity to talk to you 1:1 - we've been working with a group of designer accountants specifically on the QuickBooks sync and would love to understand what issues you are still having. Please contact me so we can set up some time.