PayPal Invoicing

Free online invoice creation and sending

4.7 /5 (243 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
Mo'men Y.
  • Industry: Wholesale

PayPal Invoicing Review

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

It's the most reliable payment system in the world, however, there are many things to be improved, which I honestly don't think PayPal will work on any time soon... Maybe at all.

Pros

PayPal is easy to understand, easy for everyone to use and learn in almost no time. What I like about it the most is that it's pretty smooth and fast. I used it for both business and individual purposes and I liked the ease of the process, regardless of what I did. I haven't found any issues with receiving money or transferring money from PayPal to my card. I used the invoicing tool to request payment and it went very smooth and fast. I've also used it to send money, and I haven't found issues with it. However, there might be a few things to be mentioned when we talk about room for improvement.

Cons

Charge-backs are definitely a thing to mention when we talk about the cons of PayPal. PayPal isn't the greatest choice for certain types of business (drop-shipping is an example). Also, taxes are ridiculous and not easy to understand. At some point, PayPal would be awesome for your business at a certain size, but if your business got bigger, you'd definitely need another option that'd be more cost-friendly, even if not as reliable as PayPal.

Suman S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Paypal Pay Fast everywhere

Reviewed on 16/04/2020

Paypal Invoicing has always been one of the closest since its inception.No matter you are a big business or a mid side or small size business or even if you are an individual,they got something for everyone which really shows how caring they are for one and all.Best in business to sent or receive payment without using huge pile of papers.create invoice in few clicks and get paid , one can easily edit invoice as per the needs and the smooth transaction\ experience they provide is unbeatable.Will have more in days to come as even API also comes for all.

Pros

What I really like about paypal invoicing is no matter where you are sitting ,just get your money reach you in the superfast way by spending a minimum time to create a invoice in few clicks ,which one could ever imagine. I thing paypal invoicing change the complete picture of global financial industries and it established themselves in such a way that people or business cannot think of any other else or any other name except PAYPAL for doing business ,whether it sending or receiving money with a invoice or accessing multiple currencies in the easiest form,its completely unique ,even the API functionality its amazing .

Cons

If I compare to other big competitor in the business , I fee like they are not doing or spending to much on the advertising part because this is one of the best medium and how could they are limiting themselves in the advertising part .I think they are not trying to give a imagination which others are taking advantage like working with advertisement in 5D,6D or 10 D.which they need to look into and I want it from payal to show who they are .create imagination for people.

Great Way to Request Money

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

I've found that this is a really great way to invoice customers without requiring they share any sensitive payment info. It's great for transactions that occur largely over email when people aren't willing to share their credit card number. It's a really great all-in-one solution that lets you create an invoice that can effortlessly be paid.

Pros

-This makes it extremely easy to request money from customers.
-You can adjust the currency to their own.
-Allows people to pay with whatever method they choose, they don't even need a Paypal account.

Cons

-There's almost nothing I dislike. If anything, it's difficult to integrate into payment reporting, but this likely varies considerably by setup.

Edward S.

payment transactions are a breeze

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

This is a good way to do a transaction with people who don't have paypal, but want to pay with a card. It's also a safe and private method since it can be done through their email.

Pros

This seems intimidating to use at first, but it's so easy. Everything is set up and organized in sections for you to just fill out already. The sections are basically labeled as specific things you'd normally see in a transaction like price, item description, their email, and etc. My customers can easily and safely pay with mostly any form of payment when they're ready when the invoice is sent to their email.

Cons

It took me a while how to find out how to edit my seller information. Sometimes I don't want to show my customer my full name and just want my business name to be shown. Turns out I had to have a paypal business account.

• Industry: Banking

Assists Me in Paying Bills on Time

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Pros

I like paying my bills at the end of the day after everything is done. I want to be able to focus on just one task which I can do from my phone. I use PayPal Invoicing which has helped keep things simple. I’m happy that I can complete this task instantly without headaches. The best part is that Paypal Invoicing provides receipts or invoices which enables me to keep track of the payments rendered. I don’t have to keep going back and forth to check. I save all the invoices in one folder that way I know all my bills are paid for that month.

Cons

I don’t have a problem with PayPal Invoicing and have not encountered any issues or concerns. The transaction are secured and you can just link it to your bank account with no hassles.

Jayna H.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple and Straight forward, very nice program for invoicing

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Definitely recommend you give this software a try if you're in the market for new billing/invoicing software, you won't be disappointed.

Pros

I love the fact that you can use this anywhere you have the Internet, it's very simple and easy to use. Really helps keep monthly billing and accounting organized.

Cons

Nothing, it's a great, straight forward billing program.

Dionna N.

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Overall I love the convenience and ease of using PayPal invoice and will continue using it for my business.

Pros

Paypal Invoicing is a great tool for business owners with online purchasing or for quick processing with clients. The option for payment reminders and tips is also great!

Cons

Unfortunately there are times that clients may try and take advantage of business owners by disputing a payment after it has been processed. It would be nice for Paypal to reframe from placing a hold on payments that have already been authorize until a final decision has been made on whether or not the dispute is valid or not.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Pros

The ease of use. Saves all my contact information and basically fills the invoice out for me after I put all the information In during the 1st invoice.

Cons

That it sometimes becomes a hassle when a customer does not pay the invoice, also when someone receives an item true to sale description and they are just trying to get over on the seller. The information and amount of stuff you have to do in order to prove your case is sometimes annoying and overwhelming. Especially when you are a reputable seller

Megan J.

Easy to Get Paid

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

Pros

With PayPal invoicing, I can easily request payment from customers. I can request multiple payments at once which easily saves me so much time. I get notified by email as soon as they pay which allows me to know when to package items up for shipping.

Cons

Slow to load during certain times of the day.

Maria L.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Fairly easy to use, charges a bit much just for an invoice

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

I am able to send a professional looking invoice that is simple and easy to set up, and that I don't have to pay a subscription for. However, I feel they charge too much for the service.

Pros

I appreciated that if feels professional and is easy to use to send invoices. I also like that it's not a subscription service, but that I can use it when I need vs. having to pay for the service even if I don't need it.

Cons

It's a little expensive just for an invoice, when one can just transfer money for free on paypal anyway..

Ronald K.

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

My overall experience with PayPal invoicing has been a very positive one.

Pros

What I like most about PayPal invoicing is how easy it is to use and I can be paid right now with using it.

Cons

What I like least about PayPal invoicing is that lack of customization I am able to have on my invoices

Braxton J.
  • Industry: Accounting

A little outdated

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Pros

It's easy to use and it's free of charge

Cons

It needs to be updated with newer features

Amy S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Easy to use, highly reccommend

Reviewed on 28/06/2019

Pros

Paypal invoicing is easy to use. Very easy way to prepare, send, invoices. easy for customers to be able to navigate the invoice and submit payment in a timly manner.

Cons

I do not have any cons while using paypal invoicing.

A perfect way to invoice clients and accept payments

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

It's easy, fast, and efficient. I think there are better invoicing systems but none that clients trust more than Paypal.

Pros

What really stands out to me is that users have options to pay directly with their PayPal balance, credit, debit, or bank transfer. Other apps typically only allow credit/debit cards, but with PayPal the customer has options. Plus, if they want to pay with an external system like Transferwise, they can still do that if you allow it.

Cons

PayPal's customer support is really lacking and difficult to get ahold of. Sometimes it would be nice to actually reach someone.

Heather U.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for small businesses!

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Overall, PayPal invoicing is a great and easy to service for small businesses. I recommend!

Pros

I use PayPal invoicing frequently for my remote clients. It is easy to use, allows for easy to send reminders, and allows me to track what is paid and unpaid. Great service for small businesses!

Cons

The only complaint (but is unavoidable) is the fee charged by PayPal for payments for businesses. That's the only problems!

PayPal Invoicing is the Perfect Solution for Collecting Payments

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Pros

An overall great software for invoicing domestic, as well international clients that prefer this options over others. It is well integrated within the PayPal ecosystem and is widely accepted by our partners world-wide.

Cons

PayPal charges a fee for international accounts. It’s not that much, but it would be great if they could eliminate those fees so you can get the exact amount you charged them for.

Alesia C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

easy and hassle free

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It lays it all out, and does all the hard work for you. You can edit the invoice easily as well, and sending it is a breeze.

Cons

I can not think of any, I have sat here for 10 minutes trying to find a con, but I can not, paypal invoice is perfect and user friendly

PayPal Invoice makes it easy to bill your customers

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Pros

PayPal Invoicing takes the work out of compiling invoices month-to-month. We love it when customers order something and pay through Paypal and it automatically invoices them!

Cons

You have to know how to use Paypal to operate -- other than that, it's great!

Linda R.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy invoicing solution

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

In a word, it's easy. The fees are annoying but are just a sunk cost of doing business cirtually.

Pros

It's easy to set up, easy to manage, easy to automate. The entire process is extremely easy and is flexible enough for the scale of business I do. If I were a larger shop, I"d probably want a more robust solution that is synched to my accounting software, but if you are a solopreneur, it's a great solution.

Cons

I'd like the ability to pass fees along to those I invoice rather than eating the fees myself. That's a huge downside.

Hannah O.

PayPal for my business

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

I will continue using this service for my business

Pros

I use PayPal invoicing to email my clients payment options and I love it! It works so well and fast

Cons

Nothing really it all works well.
I can customize my invoices and email them to clients so send payment back

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Business made easy

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

Easy to use, reliable, and fast for clients. No major complaints.

Pros

PayPal involving has allowed me to simplify invoicing for clients on the go. I especially like that my accounting software can integrate with PayPal, making record keeping easier for me.

Cons

Clients enjoy the fast payment options via invoicing, as the business owner I wish PaPal offered cheaper processing rates.

Javier G.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great way to get paid fast

Reviewed on 21/10/2018

I love using PayPal. It allows me to create invoices in just a couple of minutes and I can get my money fairly fast.

Pros

PayPal is very easy to set up and use. I can invoice customers and get paid very quickly instead of having to wait for a check in the mail.

Cons

The processing fees are a little higher than most credit card processing companies.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Simplest to use but not the cheapest

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

Overall, I think if you do several small transactions or if you're getting small payments from clients, then maybe the fees won't hit so hard.

Pros

I'm a freelancer. I use paypal invoicing for paying others and getting paid. It's very simple to use and the other person doesn't need to signup with paypal to pay your invoice.

Cons

The fees. As I already stated, I'm a freelancer and that means that every penny counts. The fees with paypal sometimes cause to look for alternative methods for client to pay me.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Paypal Invoicing Seamless and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

Overall Paypal invoicing is very easy to use and makes invoicing a breeze, especially for a small business.

Pros

Paypal invoicing is great! It is very straightforward, you can save templates and contacts, and easily recall records.

Cons

The downside is that you cannot change terms once the invoice is created, so if you set up a partial payment of a certain amount and want to make changes, you have to create a new invoice. It is a bit of a nuisance but there is a workaround.

Amy S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

There must be a better way

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

It's clunky, erratic, but convenient if you must receive payment through Paypal. If you only use it for one business then it should meet your needs well. If you use it for more than one though then it might be better to look for a different option for invoicing.

Pros

Being able to invoice a customer directly from Paypal is convenient. And since it doesn't cost anything more than the standard Paypal fees when paid that is a very bright positive. Plus it can all be handled from directly within Paypal's site or app, no need to download anything else or navigate to a different site.

Cons

Invoicing through Paypal feels clunky, especially if you have more than one business you use the same Paypal account for. Despite going through the steps more than once Paypal seems to be incapable of saving certain changes, but it is random what saves and what reverts back to a previous setting. There is no rhyme or reason to it at all that I can ascertain. Sometimes the icon will change and other times a customer will be sent an invoice that shows the wrong picture, despite Paypal supposedly saving it. Same with the name on the invoice as well.