PayPal Invoicing

Free online invoice creation and sending

4.7 /5 (264 reviews) Write a Review!

Nessma E.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Paypal Invoicing so easy to use

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

I'm overall satisfied with Paypal Invoicing, and I use it all the time. Despite its few disadvantages, it's still the most feasible invoicing software.

Pros

Paypal Invoicing is user friendly and doesn't require any special skills to learn how to use it. You can start your invoicing immediately whether you intend to use it for one or two invoices or for mass invoicing.
Everything on the platform is self explanatory, and the end result is efficient and convenient for both the sender and the receiver.
One of the best features is that you don't have to repeat anything. All your customers' info and emails and your products info and prices are easily saved for multiple invoicing no matter how many you have.
Another important feature is that it handles different currencies, has separate shipping pricing, and taxes.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Paypal in general is their technical support. One of the least helpful customer support ever online. If you need any help, you must call. Otherwise, you won't get your problems fixed no matter how small.
Another thing is the extra fees when you and the person you're invoicing aren't in the same country. It's unjustified in my opinion.

Kaycee M.

I Love It

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

This invoicing is the best thing ever. I can save my products and prices to make it even better and faster. People can pay using debit/credit card or their paypal!

Pros

Its quick, easy, efficient and can be used by anyone.

Cons

Nothing so far. Works perfectly for me and my crew.

• Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

It's probably not the best, but we're married at this point.

Reviewed on 17/02/2019

Overall, I can't give up PayPal because it is so integrated with everything else I do and have - shipping, balance, PayPal Credit, etc... But there are definitely some things that are lacking, especially if my business were bigger. I definitely recommend you consider options before going to PayPal and building a life with them, so to speak, but it is possible that for you, like me, they are the best - however flawed - option that exists.

Pros

I use PayPal invoicing as a freelancer and mostly for one-off or two-part invoices. So, I can't speak to PayPal's recurring invoice feature. Here's what I like: Most importantly, the integration. PayPal feels like a bank, and to be able to make invoices and shipping labels from your "bank" is the most helpful thing. I don't have to transfer funds, I don't have to wait for them to deposit to my bank, it's all there and immediately usable. Also, the invoices are simple and straightforward, clients can pay by any means one would online, and there's a place for terms-conditions etc...I also like that I'm able to share a link or a PDF of the invoice with clients who just want an invoice for their records to then pay me through other means like cash/check/direct deposit.

Cons

First off, PayPal has awful customer service. If I had a higher volume of clients and therefore of issues, I feel like I'd use a different service. I had a client pay once and the money was taken from her bank, but it never got to me. We both tried contacting PayPal and got no response at all. It was even more insulting on my end given that I use PayPal as a business. Second - PayPal's fees when you invoice through them are a bit of a hassle and I know there's invoicing software out there that don't incur charges. This just means I have to take those fees into consideration when quoting clients, which make my prices seem a few dollars steeper than they are.
Third gripe: I've been trying to edit a part of my business info on the invoice header for ages and it won't allow me. It asks for me to upload my ID to verify, but then it won't process my ID. And of course, customer service is unresponsive. It's not the end of the world because I just hide that info from the header, but it is a minor frustration and inconvenience.

Linda S.

Excellent Solution for Small Business Owner

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

I am now able to manage custom orders in one place from invoice creation through product shipment. That is a huge help to me. Previously, I had to generate manual invoices and email them out, wait for the check to come in the mail and then take my product to the Post Office for shipment. I save so much time doing my invoicing through PayPal and I save money on USPS rates.

Pros

When I started my handcrafted jewelry business in 2016, I had no idea how to charge people for custom orders, how to manage shipping for those orders or how to keep the documentation all in one place for ease of tax reporting. I did some research online and decided to try PayPal Invoicing. That was a great decision! I'm easily able to set up a new invoice for custom work within just a minute or two. Once the invoice is paid, I can easily create the shipping label in PayPal. I love having one platform to handle all aspects of my custom orders.

Cons

I attempted to set PapPal up for another one of my businesses, but kept having an issue. The customer support available was not as helpful as I would expect. In the end, I went with a different solution for that particular business. I was not able to determine why my request to add PayPal for another business kept being rejected and I did not receive a response at all from customer support. I gave them 3 stars for customer support because there have been other instances where they have provided great support, so it's not a complete loss by any stretch.

Alese B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Gets you paid!

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

It does the job and gets me paid. Allows me to keep track of my customers and services.

Pros

I like the instant pay feature. No more waiting days for money to be deposited.

Cons

Fees could be better. They’re the same as others I’ve seen out there.

Richard W.

A Great Way to Invoice Clients/Businesses

Reviewed on 15/06/2019

Overall, my experience with PayPal has always better positive. I've never had one problem or issue while using PayPal invoicing. In my experience, it's simple and easy - and the fact that it comes with a premade invoice template makes the entire process seamless. You can print off invoices once paid for tracking and documentation, which is always helpful. If you use the mobile app, you can receive notifications once the invoice is sent and once paid.

Pros

- Very easy to learn to use
- Ability to send invoices via email or live links.
- PayPal has a great customer support team.
- Quick and seamless
- Premade invoice template that can be used for documentation

Cons

- There are fees to use PayPal's services
- Once an invoice is paid, it can take 2-3 days for you to receive the funds.
- Instant transfers are subject to up-to 10% tax.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Excellent

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Despite the fact that I think the transfer fee is high, I really appreciate PayPal and will continue to use it. It's not perfect but overall, it is a ideal for transferring money. If you don't mind the fee with it then you might not have any issues with PayPal.

Pros

Regardless of what size your business might be, PayPal is an excellent way to transfer money and receive it. It's very straight forward on how to set things up. The great part about PayPal is you can download the app on mobile devices. You can then review your subscriptions that might be recurring on multiple platforms.

Cons

I believe that one of the things that I dislike most about PayPal is the transfer fee if you would like for the money to show up instantly in your bank. I get the fact that PayPal has it where you can wait for free for a few days and it shows, but sometimes I need it instantly. The fee can really hurt my account sometimes when I want to transfer it instantly and I end up just backing out of it.

Josh bernthold, S.

Invoicing That's Getting Better and Better

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Pros

I like the ease of use with PP invoicing. I also like that they are starting to add new features such as recurring billing and more ways to make your invoices more detailed. It is still a work in progress and they are adding to it little by little which is better than it at a standstill.

Cons

You basically have to dive in and get your feet wet with the invoicing. There is no real walkthrough and anything that shows "how" to use the invoicing. It is pretty straight forward but, there is more to it that could benefit from a detailed overview of some sort.

Shayna W.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy to manage invoices, professional features, and compatible internationally

Reviewed on 30/11/2019

Today's PayPal is a major improvement over the earliest versions, with fewer glitches, faster customer service, and better overall outcomes. I feel pretty secure conducting most of my invoicing via PayPal and my clients love the ease of use. The best part is the speed from invoice to money in the bank - a small business dream.

Pros

I appreciate how widely recognized PayPal now is, making it easy for clients around the world to quickly pay invoices electronically. The format makes it easy to keep records and address any client concerns as well. Most of my clients have no issues with compatibility or access in their home countries. Invoicing via PayPal has dramatically decreased the amount of time between the completion of projects and payment, which is deeply appreciated as a freelancer. I am also grateful for the ability to customize invoices to create a more professional presentation (although I confess, I often simply use the basic template which is totally sufficient).

Cons

My only disappointment with invoicing via PayPal is that it doesn't recognize my credit union as a "verifying" financial institution. I have had to maintain a bank account at a national bank that I would have otherwise closed before now in order to receive money from some of my international clients.

Adam K.

Easiest Online Invoicing

Reviewed on 26/05/2019

Very easy to use and manage online invoices.

Pros

Online money transfer is easy with PayPal and it is a great addition to be able to create an invoice for clients.
Trust of the brand and the reputation of PayPal is helping to establish a good relationship with the customers.
Very reliable product.

Cons

The buyer protection policy is making the sellers' life difficult if the buyer reports any item different than described. They get their money back, but the items are not easy to get returned if returned at all.

Jonathan B.

• Customer Support Software

It's so easy , it does it for you!

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

I sell products online. I downloaded the paypal app now after linking my accounts , it's all automatic. I don't have to do anything. It see's that I have sold something and sends out my invoice to my customer instantly. It's the best all in one app for everything to get paid and keep track of your money.

Pros

that I don't have to do anything but link my accounts. After that it's automatic. I don't have to do anything, it auto sends out my invoices.

Cons

There is no Cons! There is nothing to dislike about this app

Chelsea V.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Paypal Invoicing

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Pros

As a small business owner Paypal invoicing has helped me easily create and send electronic invoices while tracking all of my financial information. I also like how professional it appears when it is sent to my clients. They are given an easy to view email that directs them to the payment options.

Cons

I do feel they have a high percentage fee they take from each invoice, so I have had to adjust my pricing to accommodate for this.

Crystal F.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Love PayPal Invoicing

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

I am able to secure payments from my clients from all over the world because I can send them a PaypPal invoice.

Pros

I love PayPal Invoicing because it allows me to send invoices to my clients with ease. They are able to view the invoice and pay it without problems

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about PayPal Invoicing. It's perfect for what I need, which is sending invoices to my clients.

Allison B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A great simple invoicing solution

Reviewed on 06/03/2020

Overall, this is a good solution if you are sending less than 20 or so invoices per month. After that, you'll want to use another program or integrate with other tools to make collecting payments easier.

Pros

I love how easy it is to send invoices and track payments with Paypal. The invoices are easy to customize, and there is an easy way to send a reminder of an unpaid invoice. From a customer perspective, I also love how easy it is to pay your invoices. I also love that Paypal allows you to set up recurring payments, which many invoicing methods do not.

Cons

I wish there was a way to "name" invoices so to speak, so that when you are looking at the list of recent invoices, you can easy find the one you need. (right now you just see the invoice number and email address). I also wish Paypal gave you a way to pay for and print multiple shipping labels at once. One at a time is tedious and wastes paper.

Leann W.

Invoicing made easy!

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

I have enjoyed the ease of the program and how so many customers have used the program to pay for invoices.

Pros

I love being able to sale my items and use the ease of PayPal Invoicing. I have protection for sales and my buyers also have protection.

Cons

I have several customers who have had trouble completing payments but once they trouble their device it is easy!

Kimberly H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Easy to understand system.

Reviewed on 12/09/2020

I love it because it simple. I've tried a bunch of other places but they all have extra cost for this or that.

Pros

It's easy to use. There are not blown up extras no one ever uses. It's make for the users instead of for the user to have to call custom servers only be told they have to pay to get help and the software is still hard to run. This is make for anyone to use.

Cons

Honestly, they just added the feature I needed so I'm happy however it would be great if I can hook it up to my office365 excel sheets online so that sheets auto updated for my records but that just my wish list. I have trouble filtering and export just want I need.

Angela D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

PayPal invoices

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Great tool to use when running a small business to send out invoices online for people to pay quickly and in a timely manner. I couldn’t be any happier when it comes to sending out multiple invoices in a jiffy.

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use and if your new to using it’s easy to learn. It’s fast and quick.

Cons

The software is very explanatory and simple, nothing is hard & love everything about it since I’ve started using it.

Tiffany V.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easiest way to create and track invoices

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

We use PayPal invoicing for our smaller items we sell to clients. It's effortless and works well across all platforms.

Pros

It is SO simple to use. The invoice format is clean and professional, and you can easily fill in the pertinent information to get an invoice sent. I love how dynamic it is across any profession, and simple for customers to see exactly what they are being invoiced for. The ability to track these invoices is effortless with Paypal Invoicing.

Cons

There is nothing that I can honestly think of that I dislike about this software. It has worked very well for our company for many years.

• Used Other for 1+ year

Best way to send an invoice

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Overall, it has helped my business by helping me keep track of my payments. On who has and hasn't paid me. I've never had any issue with sending an invoice to someone and having them pay it.

Pros

It's so easy to use and comes from a trusted name. You can easily add your logo. All the invoices look the same. Anyone can pay the invoice. You don't have to have special software to do it so you can send your invoice to anyone. It's so easy to keep track of what has and hasn't been paid. Everything is clean looking and organized. You can send reminders to those that haven't paid. It's easy to show a break down of the invoice.

Cons

Sometimes it's not worth it to use when the transaction is so small and the fee so large. Getting the cash can take a minute as it's not available as soon as the invoice is paid.

Marcella S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Paypal Invoicing is simple to use

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Pros

I love the simplicity and that customers can pay the invoice with any payment method (even though they often think they need a paypal account) I love the tracking system and the structure of the program

Cons

I am very happy with this program! No complaints!

Will G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Freelancer who loves the ease of invoicing

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Best in class invoicing for freelancers like me who need help but don’t need an enterprise solution.

Pros

I use PayPal in my freelance writing, video editing and voiceover work. I love that this tool makes invoicing so easy to do.

Particularly, as I do comparable work, the duplicat invoice feature is quite useful.

Cons

Sometimes creating invoices from scratch is not as smooth. I also wish you could send out a single invoice to more than one user easily.

Catherine N.
  • Industry: Insurance Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

PayPal Invoicing Review

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

Overall, I am very satisfied with PayPal Invoicing.

Pros

I like that I am able to create invoices for products without having a website to showcase the products. I also like that I can transfer the money directly to my bank account. I also like the buyer/seller protection that PayPal provides for free.

Cons

I do not like how long customer service can sometimes take to come to assist when I have a problem.

Hemant A.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

I like the custom editing of Invoice and for International payment

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

My overall experience is good. I recommend my friends for the international payments.

Pros

I have been using this for a while. Its a good tool to invoice your overseas clients about your products. It captures a lot of details so I think its good.

Cons

I believe they should have advance features like auto integration from excel and pdf files for invoicing. This way this Invoicing system can be much more efficient.

Athena P.
  • Industry: Wholesale

A quick and easy way to request payment

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

We are able to get paid for shipping due from auction sales when the customer is unavailable for pickup.

Pros

I greatly enjoy that it is easy to navigate from the PayPal home screen, put in the payees' information and amount with the option to preview before sending. A payment link is also available for those who don't have PayPal.

Cons

Invoicing on the site itself is easy but when you choose to "Send via PayPal" the invoice often does not go through. In addition to that option I send the direct link to the customer via personal email.

Stephanie M.

Insanely simple

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

To be able to quickly and easily set up and send invoices has made it an incredibly positive experience

Pros

Easy to use and add additional specifics and details to invoices. Layout is simple yet very professional

Cons

Nothing I've come across yet that I don't care for. It's a pretty well laid out system that's easy to use