Widen Collective

Digital asset management with service beyond compare

4.4 /5 (310 reviews) Write a Review!

Michele S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Widen DAM Review

Reviewed on 28/08/2020

I love the ability to weigh in on roadmap projects. Widen really takes the time to listen to their clients

Pros

Easy to use. Secure. Excellent support and development teams. Flexibility of features

Cons

I could really use the ability to link raw assets with compound documents. This is currently a manual process and time consuming.

Shelby T.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Widen is a responsive and powerful DAM with bonus features and very attentive customer service

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

We are able to archive and distribute thousands of marketing assets to a global audience very efficiently and with a sufficient amount of protection and guidance about proper usage. Portals have allowed teams to communicate out about curated groups of assets and instructions with a single url which has helped their ability to promote the most valuable and up to date marketing assets.

Pros

Assets are served up quickly around the world and it is a very stable platform. When technical issues do arise, they are very communicative about their progress of solving the issue. I like the dedicated customer rep as well as access to new features and feedback through their Trello boards. I also like the ability to extract metadata from image IPTC metadata and map it to our custom fields.

Cons

I like the ability to create portals in order to highlight and add info to curated groups of assets, but there are some weaknesses in portal functionality and portal creation capabilities. It would be ideal to be able to create custom dashboards/homepage without extensive use of html. The current wysiwyg is extremely limited in design/layout capability. We'd like a better way for our users to be able to search for portals.

Scott L.
  • Industry: Furniture

• Customer Support Software

Great DAM solution with plenty of features

Reviewed on 29/09/2016

Our company uses Widen as our Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution. Our employees and reps can easily find the media content they want using a very nice search feature and it allows them to download the content in various formats and sizes. The application is very intuitive, fast, and easy to use. Widen offers flexible integration which easily allows our applications and websites to pull media from the Widen DAM so all our companies digital media needs can come from a single repository which makes maintaining data an easy process. I've used Widen's technical support in the past for questions with integration and learning more about what their solution offers and the support team has always very helpful, knowledgeable, and quick to respond.

Pros

I like the ability and flexibility Widen offers to integrate the digital media content with our applications and websites. It also offers nice tools and functionality to add, maintain, organize, and secure content.

Samantha B.

• Customer Support Software

Overall, Widen has been a huge benefit and time saver not only for the company, but for my...

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

Pros

The convenience and logical layout of the site as a whole. Our sales reps, the Woolrich team, and our buyers all are able to use the site without any hiccups. I really like that I am able to control who can see and download what. Because of Widen I don't have to download every asset and take up space on my computer, I can send links to anyone and everyone that needs them, but also it makes it so our reps can take care of their accounts directly and aren't coming to me for everything. It reallly makes my job so much easier!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints except I wish I didn't have to change my password so much. I'm running out of ideas! :)

Michaela D.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Helping us push forward as the dance company of the future

Reviewed on 11/10/2016

Prior to implementing the Widen DAM my colleagues and I lacked a truly organized storage system to access to our digital assets. As digital formats and social media continue to grow and become a real focus of our marketing efforts, not having a centralized, searchable system with metadata and versioning was becoming a real problem. As part of a larger institutional initiative the ballet reviewed several DAM solutions. In the end Widen was the best solution for us, because it provided the basic features we needed in the everyday, with a road-map of exciting updates and enhancements coming at a pace we can keep up with. The Widen DAM touches all aspects of our organization and will continue to grow with us. It is already helping us work in a more streamlined manner and more efficiently. In the long run it will help preserve the legacy of the ballet.

Pros

Intuitive, strong on basics, interesting road map for upcoming releases.

Cons

It would be nice for non-users to be able to approve digital assets for use when they are sent a collection. However, the road map for Widen Workflow shows promise as a solution for this.

Lara B.

• Customer Support Software

Widen's DAM system is intuitive for our users and has made sharing assets effortless

Reviewed on 29/11/2017

Pros

It is very easy for me to onboard people, I don't really have to do much training since the program is so intuitive. I am able to permission out who sees what. Widen's customer service is also second to none with any software company I've ever worked with.

Cons

There are a few minor things, but nothing major that would make me start looking into other solutions. One example being that I wish we could organize global collections better

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Hundreds of very helpful features; enhanced well over the years with great advancement in...

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Pros

Widen Collective is being used greatly by many individuals in similar roles in our company due to its many features that allow each of us to achieve our tasks with ease. I use this product for the sake of its archiving purposes, project and workflow management accessibility. The possibility to manage minor tasks, access controls and track employee milestones are important jobs I have to do which is made easy by Widen Collective.

Cons

Widen Collective is a broad software with multiple available features, with this is the difficulty to maneuver around this program at a first glance. It may take a few tutoring sessions and practice to be able to perform tasks with this software, especially if you are not that inclined with technology.

• Customer Support Software

Very good implementation process and easily customizable platform

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Pros

Widen has been a great partner to work with on our new Digital Asset Management. The implementation process is very smooth and straightforwards.

Cons

There are restrictions on how much we can customize the dashboard.

Carolyn R.

• Customer Support Software

Highly positive experience, with ease of use and great customer service!

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

We learned more about DAM management and learned to love it!

Pros

It's so easy and intuitive to use. The metadata search boxes on the side help narrow and refine the search. And the customer service can't be beat!

Cons

I don't like how the collections can't be edited between users. We have had to figure out a workaround to be able to share and edit the same collections.

Paula janine C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Widen is Amazing and a Must!

Reviewed on 03/10/2016

I've worked with a lot of media databases, and nothing compares to Widen. It's so easy to use, navigate and more than that, support is great. If there are any bugs, a representative would get back to me within 24 hours. They are also open to exploring ideas and working with us to make Widen better for our organization.

5/5 in all aspects!

Pros

Ease of use and navigation, customer support

Sean H.

• Customer Support Software

The company was the best and remains the best because they deliver a quality product

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Pros

Customer service is personal. People ask and care about your user experience and guide you from start to your entire use of the tool.

Cons

I cannot say anything bad. But what I like least is that collections appear in categories. This only is problematic when batch editing. But it can be filtered.

Kristin G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Feature Packed and Helpful Knowledge Base

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Our team is able to easily manage all of assets ensuring our brand stays cohesive as assets leave our Corporate HQ and move all over the world. We not only share marketing items and images, but we also use Widen as a central location to share other documents and files that are requested from employees regularly. Widen provides a number of permissions so our site keeps the highest security level.

Pros

Widen is a terrific tool for our global team. We are able to have 24/7 access to all our assets no matter where we are in the world. Items are easily searched and downloaded in a format that works for you. I started with their Widen University videos and articles and I was able to quickly become a power user.

Cons

Although there are a number of features, learning the best use case can be difficult for new users to DAMs. There are a number of features that require you to turn them on, and sometimes the amount of information available on the feature can be sparse.

Brent K.

Forward Thinking DAM with Excellent Integrations

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Widen stays ahead of the industry and offers integrations to the DAM offering that add more value by leveraging other systems for more efficiency and cost savings.

Pros

Customer service support

Cons

Not the lowest price but worth the investment

Stacy R.

• Customer Support Software

Widen helped us to organize the thousands of assets we used to house all over our network...

Reviewed on 04/12/2017

Company-wide self service, insight analytics, and quicker webpage loads.

Pros

The tag and search functionality. We no longer have the chief marketing officer instant-messaging our team to find awards, accolades, images, and illustrations. Other departments can self-serve as their needs dictate, and we can track usage of key assets with Insights.

Cons

The Insites analytics are not intuitive to use. I would like deep practice, usability, and best practice webinars and or forums to better understand the power this feature.

Dean P.

• Customer Support Software

We have worked with Widen for decades and this is the best Collective yet!

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

Efficiency, efficiency and more efficiency!

Pros

We have used many Widen DAM/CMS/Collectives over the decades we have teamed with them and this is, by far, the best. From the simple user interface to the customization that we required, Widen worked tirelessly to make this system exactly what we needed for all of the different marketing genres we work with.

Our system needed a lot of content storage, as well as the ability to store thousands of large images. This system accomplishes all of that and more.

The hands-on training and live help keeps everything rolling without much of hiccups. A truly great system by a great team.

Cons

The inability to use .csv files. I look forward to seeing what updates this system receives going forward. Outside of that, not much for overall cons.

Laura E.
  • Industry: Furniture

Great

Easy

Pros

Winden Collective is easy to work in. I am able to apply filters, which is very helpful when looking up something specific.

Saranya A.

• Customer Support Software

Overall easy to use and upload

Reviewed on 18/08/2017

Asset management

Pros

1. Easy to upload
2. Easy to download
3. User friendly
4. Easy to train brokers and vendors
5. DAM good

Cons

There are no cons I have found so far.
But I personally feel some features need update and launching new features will help us a lot

Mark C.

Hollister-Widen Media Collective

Reviewed on 29/11/2010

Overall an excellent system, the cons are more personal preferences than system faults. After viewing other DAM sites in the past couple of years, the limitations are more the user vs the system itself. We have had very few major issues that Customer Service or Admins could not resolve.

Besides, the 2 "Cons", my only thought is that maybe for beginning admins, more "default" options for common tasks may be good - almost too many options for some.

Pros

Easy-to-use search and download tools
Good, intuitive interface
Excellent Customer Service and Administrative Support
Simple to upload new assets and resolve asset conflicts
Strong administrative capabilities and options (custom categories, user options, etc)
Excellent site and user reporting capabilities

Cons

Prefer more graphical interface (mac-like, not pc)
Admins can easily get lost in some options - seems a little overwhelming at first

Jim W.

Life Fitness Media Assets Collective

Reviewed on 29/11/2010

I highly recommend Widen as a source for data/asset storage for any company. The combination of ease-of-use, customer support and reasonable cost has made our choice in Widen a smart and effective.

Pros

Implementation of the site was simple.
Cost was very affordable.
Space used/space left is noted on the monthly statement giving me a nice tool to manage the number of assets we have on the collective.
Communication about maintenance issues and update is outstanding.
Feedback from new users has been that the sight is easy to navigate and download.

Cons

Perhaps the only blip that we have had from Widen is in the image retouching that they have provided us has not met our standards. However, with that said, they have made every effort to rectify the image outlining and it looks like we will be satisfied with the final outcome.

Chrystal M.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, puts all our assets at our fingertips.

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Lots of time saved. Ease of access to our creative assets and digital libraries, giving a visual catalog of content to review.

Pros

Easy to access assets and distribute them to teams, or have employees grab their own assets to save our Creative department valuable time. They're constantly improving their features and adding new ones, and are responsive to user feedback.

Cons

Integration with marketing automation costs extra. It'd like to see more of that supported in the future, and included in the base price.

Alfonso D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Widen Collective Review

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

I have been using Widen Collective for three months now. It was easy for me to learn to use given the intuitive nature of the layout. I like the search function a lot. It makes finding relevant media simple even with just a first name. I haven't had a reason to contact customer support yet.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive layout. Sorting functions. Search is very useful.

Cons

I haven't encountered anything that has prevented me from doing something I needed to do yet.

Brian J.

Widen Collective

Reviewed on 23/08/2011

Recommended for anyone in the market for an enterprise-class DAM with a SaaS model.

Pros

- Software as a Service model
- Cost is based on utilization
- Unlimited users
- Ability to convert a wide range of file types
- Metadata is customizable and easily searchable
- Widen staff worked closely with us during the initial setup period to skin our Collective site to our specifications and even customize some of the lower-level dialogs, buttons, etc.
- Easy to administer
- Support is usually very helpful and quick to respond

Cons

- Report generation can be slow at times
- Change requests can take a while to implement, depending on their developers' schedules

Timothy G.

• Customer Support Software

Widen services help our workflow and efficiency while offering top notch customer service.

Reviewed on 14/08/2014

Overall we've been very happy with our Widen experience. There was definitely a learning curve for us to understand the initial process, how to get started, protocols to implement and workflow. Widen also had a similar curve to understand the complexity of our business and how this will function within our company. We continue to define and revise our system and Widen's customer service has been extremely helpful, responsive and knowledgeable during this process. The Widen Media Collective has been an integral part of our day-to-day operations and a great improvement over previous vendors and processes we've used. We thank the Widen group for all their hard work and efforts and highly recommend their services to other organizations with similar needs.

Molly O.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great customer service

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Great customer service and good product that makes it easy.

Pros

The customer service is the best in the business. Highly recommend for their attention to detail and ability to figure out problems.

Cons

I like everything about the software and I do not think they need to change or update anything in their portfolio.

Tom D.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and maintain

Reviewed on 11/06/2010

We've been using it for well over a year and it haas been great. The feedback we've gotten has been positive and has allowed us to better share assets globally.

Pros

Ease of search and ability to reformat images and video on the fly. You may have an asset in the collective in one format, but request it be delivered in another. Widen reformats for you.

Cons

Doesn't have the ability to assign keywords to more than one asset at a time.

Response from Widen

Batch Editing is a standard feature for adding/editing metadata to new assets in the upload queue and existing assets via search results or Asset Group containers, and/or default metadata assignments to metadata fields in the Upload Profile settings. Client not aware of this feature until after the review.