Xero

2016 Software options

Kathryn H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

Affordable professional level accounting software for small business

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

It's been easier to use Xero than I expected, but I had a nasty surprise at tax time when I realized the default accounts/descriptions for expenses did not correlate 1:1 to IRS categories. (I should have checked this more closely when I set up my accounts because it's a New Zealand company, and the previous product was local.) This means I will need to double-check all my transactions for 2018 and the IRS has my vastly overestimated tax payment until I can do that and file my return on an extension.

I've had a much better experience importing data from financial institutions because Xero uses a well-known importing service that is trusted by the institutions.

I like being able to match multiple invoices to bank deposits because I usually don't run to the bank for each check. This will be more valuable as my company grows.

I should probably find an accountant to assist me with this, but I haven't found an accountant who understands both craft businesses and Xero.

Pros

Professional double entry software at a very affordable price
Accommodates both cash and accrual accounting
Links to financial institutions to get transactions
Uses standard importer recognized by the financial institutions instead of just trying to log in remotely (and triggering fraud alerts)
Can match multiple invoices to a single deposit transaction imported from bank
Can keep using Xero as company grows

Cons

Pre-existing expense categories/descriptions don't map 1:1 with IRS definitions, so I'm having to go back to all my receipts to make sure expenses are entered in proper accounts because I didn't realize this when I switched
More difficult to focus on specific expense categories to check transactions
Have not been able to import historic data from previous app (possibly because it's not double entry) so I am still paying the subscription on that software to retain access to my data
No integration with Craftybase, so I have to enter supply purchases and customer invoices there independently

Reasons for Choosing Xero

Outright depends on importing data from financial institutions but they were extremely unreliable (apparently they don't use a standard importing service and my credit union kept flagging them as hackers for remote logins) and customer service kept giving me the runaround. It also isn't "professional" double-entry bookkeeping and can't be audited. Outright can't handle Cost of Goods Sold properly and requires manual workarounds. It can't generate professional reports needed when applying for loans.

Reasons for Switching to Xero

QuickBooks introduced a special product for Etsy integration, but early adopters had problems with data disappearing and no way to recover it. Otherwise, the cost of QuickBooks to cover the same features I use in Xero would have been very expensive; even a QB consultant told me it's overkill for a business of my size. I forget which other products I looked at, but Xero was recommended by several owners of similar businesses.
Ryan K.

• Customer Support Software

ACCOUNTANT WARNING DO NOT PARTNER - I was 2nd partner in Canada not a smart move heres why!

Reviewed on 13/07/2019

Pros

Not much to say here anymore, they pretty much used to be good and totally lost faith.

Cons

As an accounting firm I would be very cautious with using Xero or recommending it to clients. Outside of Xero billing for things that were supposed to be free, which after complaining they claim they will reconcile but I had to threaten with a lawyer to get that reaction. As an accounting firm it is a very risky move to partner with the Xero software platform. As a firm Your clients will know your using Xero and as a result will likely start to follow Xero using social media. When this happen your clients will receive advertisements about other Accounting firms partnered with Xero. The problem isn’t that you will loose your clients, but this makes you look really bad in front of your clients that you are recommending a software that recommends other accountants outside your firm. This actually happened to me in Canada, and the response of the Canadian Xero team was simply that they didn’t intend on these promotions to be received by the clients of my firm. They didn’t care, they didn’t apologize, they didn’t even acknowledge what they did was wrong, it was evident that they prioritized their growth over their existing partners, at least in Canada. Even The Canadian director of Xero comments where limited to telling me ” I understand that you need to make important decisions in the best interest of your firm”. To me this was a clear message that he doesn’t care. As a small business the software was historically leading, recently, many clients are having issues logging in

Dmitry D.

• Customer Support Software

Simple online tool for accounting

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

We're using it every day for more than seven years and quite happy.

Pros

It works online. Easy to use and migrate from other software. Multi-user support. Relatively cheap. Mobile app

Cons

Not possible to get an answer from technical support to our questions. API is slow. No flexibility of your flow is different from one set up in Xero

Reasons for Switching to Xero

Quickbooks multicurrency support is designed inconveniently
Judah K.

Solid platform

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

So far, it has been amazing. I have little to no complaints. Everyone that I have moved to Xero have told me thank you.

Pros

Xero is an accounting software that just works. I have used so many different platforms, and Xero has been the easiest and most reliable software I have found.

Cons

1099 reports are too limited. Tracking categories are too limited. Support can phone it in when you first reach out to them, but if you set up a time to chat with someone they are extremely helpful.

AccountingSuite and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Choosing Xero

Quickbooks ethics and support was enough to drive me crazy. When you would call QBO support 5 times, you will most likely get 5 different answers and they will usually contradict each other.

Chris C.

• Customer Support Software

A leading software in it's industry

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

A beautiful piece of software that turns a once tedious chore, into an easy and intuitive process. I always recommend my clients to use Xero (if they can afford to) as I believe it makes the workflow much smoother and simpler for everyone involved.

Pros

As an accountant and bookkeeping business owner I have been using accounting software for well over 10 years. I have to say when Xero entered the market I was definitely curious as to what it could bring to the market. I believe Xero have captured a very nice niche of the industry with it's very business orientated user interface and simplisitic feel. It makes accounting somewhat fun for the business owner. The way that they have revolutionized the way the bank reconciliation is performed makes it easier for buiness owner and accountant/bookkeeper to work together. I love the comments functionality and the rules that can be set to repeating transactions. The AI in the bank reconciliation also has a very nice balance to it. It will allocate your transactions when you need it to, but not too aggressively - meaning you don't have to undo all the automatic allocations (unlike some other software like MYOB).

They also have a lot of resources to help business owners and financial professionals. In addition they make continual updates to their software to adapt to the times.

Cons

I think the biggest con of the software is the price tag. Many of my clients have found this to be a stumbling block, saying that the monthly subscription fee is too high for their business.

Other than the price, the only other con is the support is only via email (this is the last time I had an issue which was a few months ago). They do not have a support contact phone line (in Australia at least) - so response has to be via email (which may lead onto a call later if it cannot be resolved by email). Which takes longer to resolve the issues.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Xero

Functionality was much better and robust in Xero than in MYOB.

MYOB Business

Reasons for Switching to Xero

As mentioned above, I prefer the functionality.
Anna L.

Xero makes reconciling fun

Reviewed on 04/03/2019

I use Xero in two roles in my life, one as an employee and the other for the accounting software for my husband's business.
In my work New Zealand schools use this software as it is relatively easy to learn, quite intuitive and uses cloud accounting, enables document uploads for accountants to view etc. Once well set up it is also fast to use on a day to day basis.
At home I assist my husband to reconcile our business transactions for our accountant. We don't have to go in to the accountant's office or email invoices etc as we can upload them to Xero for him to see. You can set up the dashboard to get an overall view of your business and how much money is owed to you, and bills you owe, how you are tracking month to month, and the balances of your accounts you have linked to Xero.

Pros

I like the ease of reconciling because once you get set up and code a few items it remembers them for next time for a faster job (you still have to check them to see if they are correct first).
I find it fun and satisfying to reconcile in Xero as it is quite visual, you see several lines waiting to be reconciled and then as you work through the transactions, coding them and clicking on the middle button, they disappear. Setting up bank rules is also a huge benefit, as they get coded automatically, ready for you to just hit the green 'ok' button. You can use this for your usual bills for example, electricity bill, local cafe, cell phone bill, internet charges. Although it does take time to set bank rules up to make sure all details are accurate, it saves time in the long run.
I like the fact that customers can upload documents into the files section of Xero and their accountant can see these documents immediately to work on them or code them.
I also like the search function as you can search for a particular number, or the first few letters of a name or business to find relevant transactions.
Being able to generate invoices and email them direct from Xero is great as it saves time.

Cons

It is not the software's fault exactly, but because reconciling is so easy there is a temptation to accept what Xero suggests for a transaction and reconcile to this account, instead of pausing and really checking if the code is the best one.
Xero is first and foremost a business accounting software, so the reports it can generate may not be exactly what other users of the software need, like schools for example, who may need a Xero add-on to get what they most need in regards to reports.

Paul D.

• Customer Support Software

Xero - Leading the way to making accounting much easier for small businesses

Reviewed on 17/05/2017

I have been a Xero certified advisor for 8 years and actually returned the accounting profession because of Xero after deciding to leave because I felt the industry didn't understand delivering value to clients. Xero has been a catalyst for increasing the speed of change in the industry towards a value proposition model. Although like any system success with does come down to using it properly and being prepared to spend the time to understand how it works and to make the most of it, but Xero has been built so intuitively and they have

Pros

Great design, intuitive, great support files and videos, invoicing features are very good, being able to add files to transactions is a big time saver, the fact that it is a full accounting system is great in its price range, although for more complex features you may need an add-on application for example full stock management and stock control.

Cons

The way the contacts database has been developed could be improved to make importing and exporting data easier, that has improved recently with the addition of client codes field. Also greater flexibility of controlling features a user can access would be great.

William E.

• Customer Support Software

The best at what it does

Reviewed on 29/08/2016

Full Disclosure: I am an accountant and I recommend Xero to many of my clients. When the expectations are in alignment with the capabilities of the software, then everyone is happy. People get into trouble with ANY software when they jump in thinking they know what it does and are then disappointed. All accounting and ERP software has limitations and Xero is no exception, but what it does, it does well. It provides payables, receivables, bank reconciliation and general ledger as its core functionality. There is a very capable estimating/quoting/order/ process that ties into AR invoices smoothly. But, the requisition/purchase/inventory side is very, very basic. In fact there are no requisitions and the purchase orders are so limited that I recommend you not use them. The inventory is only what is needed to make the sales side functional. So, if you need strong inventory support, you have to use a third-party add-on designed just for this purpose.

Pros

What is good about Xero are 1) Real-time bank feeds and bank reconciliation - this is what scared the pants off of Intuit and forced them to develop new functionality. 2) Xero fully embraces and enables third-party developers to provide niche solutions that have rich interaction with Xero. 3) The features keep getting better and better quarter after quarter. 4) Perhaps my relationship as a partner skews this, but I've had nothing but excellent support from Xero. I can call someone if I have to, but I almost always get issues resolved through technical support in a timely fashion.

Some of my favorite add-ons for Xero are GeoOp for field services, Deputy which integrates its scheduling, time and attendance functions with Xero payroll, and Float which projects cashflow. The new reporting and the tags are fantastic.

Cons

There are some features I would like to see "sooner," but they are on the roadmap for "later." People jump on Xero because of the price without having a Xero consultant evaluate their suitability for the application - that can create an expectation gap, and that inevitably leads to an unhappy customer. I just hate it when people let their wallet do their thinking for them and then blame the software because it "doesn't do enough."

The payroll is fine. I spoke to the VP in charge of payroll development and he is all about improving the functionality, so it will continue to improve. What is there now is very well designed to be comprehensive and flexible, but there are situations where a third-party payroll like Gusto will make more sense for your organization. They are the first ones to suggest you look at solutions like Gusto, ADP, Paychex and others that integrate seamlessly with Xero.

It is annoying that the tags are limited to two categories, and this won't be revised until they have their design for job costing completed. No word yet on when that will be.

Karen G.

Xero or MYOB?

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Xero & MYOB. I love them both - for different reasons. If you're a MYOB lover, do not be afraid of the transition. Simply view Xero as different and you'll be fine. Don't expect to find things in the same dropdown tabs - as it's a different set-up. Once you're familiar, you'll love the ease of use.
Very user friendly, not overcrowded on your pages with too much writing, easy to see information (card files for clients) all on one page - very easy to read and find the information you're after.
Give Xero a try - I know you won't be disappointed.

Pros

Love the ease of access. We have a team based in Australia, India, & South America - so the online platform is brilliant.
As a previous MYOB user (& lover of MYOB), I was surprised with the ease of transition from MYOB to Xero.
I also really enjoy how easy it is to link client card files noting the company directors, primary contacts, banking details etc. Very easy to view all the information in one place! Love being able to send the BAS' from Xero as well with a click of the button, and being able to modify & tweak great templates is a MUST.

Cons

One thing that is very challenging, is if the Xero team are not getting back to you as promptly as you need, there is NO phone number to talk to someone. This (for the accounting industry) can be a big let down at times. Normally, the Customer Help is very prompt.
Still trying to find an adequate solution so that if I upload a file in my XPM, the rest of my team can view these files. Despite trying and following Xero's suggestions, my team members are still not able to view the documents I've uploaded. We'll get there in the end I'm sure.

Ray W.

• Customer Support Software

Overall great. Recently, shocking!

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Pros

Overall, it's a good product. Easy to use. Simple UI though quite dated. It does everything we need it to plus more.

Cons

Until recently, there wasn't much I didn't like. I probably couldn't name anything, apart from the somewhat dated UI - but that's a stretch.

Recently however, Xero have taken a core feature (Expenses) and starting selling it as an add-on, on top of the monthly subscription fee.

Expenses as you may know, and would expect, is 'included' in the monthly subscription and formed part of the core software. There was no additional charge. They've recently updated the Expenses feature (which they should be doing anyway) and now believe that because they've updated it, that warrants it being pulled from core and sold separately as an add-on.

As a current subscriber, I signed up for the all inclusive package. Having features ripped from the core package and charged for in addtion to the monthly subscription is not on. Especially when no discount or reduction of the monthly subscription cost was offered.

As a SaaS provider, any and all future updates, regardless of how big or small they are, should form part of the monthly subscription.

Choosing an accounting package is a big decision and once you're committed, it's difficult and often costly to change. With Xero now employing this kind of model, I'd caution anyone considering Xero to think again, think hard.

Today it's Expenses, tomorrow it could be something else.

These disgusting tactics employed by Xero are unacceptable.

Johan P.

A great option

Reviewed on 08/12/2018

As a firm we switched to xero almost a year ago, and it transformed the way we approach accounting services for clients - for the better.
Our own internal accounting became a lot easier and smoother, with the greater collaboration that we needed.
But it also changed our clients that we switched over to xero, from other cloud accounting software or traditional desktop software

Pros

There isn’t a lot of cloud accounting software today that can handle the more complex businesses as well as xero.
The automatic bank feeds (they are adding new direct bank feeds constantly),
the integrations with over 700 third party applications
Automatic invoice reminders
Ability to do flexible budgeting and forecasting in xero and report on it
Tracking Categories and reporting on a Category is super easy
Fixed asset register is included and easy depreciation allocation
Unlimted users (great basic permissions - more flexibility lacking)
There is constant updates and upgrades with a solid product improvement pipeline

Cons

Would love a third tracking category
It doesn’t have a delivery note option (although through a complex process you can create one)
Customer statements doesn’t include the standard days outstanding buckets as expected, e.g. debt due currently, 30 day, 60 days etc
Customer prepayments doesn’t appear as credits/negative balances on statements - very confusing to customers
You can’t delete a contact once created (very easy to create a contact), only archive
Would have loved for finance lease (amortisation table) reporting to be set automatically

Peter L.

• Customer Support Software

You are not in business if you do not use Xero

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

Excellent

A few features I would love to have, but frankly the price and features are excellent. Makes it so easy to start a business.

Pros

Pretty, easy to use.

Love the bank reconciliation and VAT and PAYE submission.

Love being able to quickly generate P&L and Balance Sheets.

Cons

A few rough edges especially in allocating payments, inherited I think from originally trying to abstract away the accounting functionality.

The UK Payroll feature can get complex, but frankly not sure how they can make it any easier.

Miss an easy way of generating a remittance advice when paying .

Gethsun M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

XERO GO-TO ERP FOR SMALL BUSINESSES

Reviewed on 14/03/2021

Xero demystifies the accounting process for small businesses & the availability of a web application makes it's accessibility even easier with Payroll, purchases, expenses, and CRM functions that would otherwise be complicated and hard to process just a click & button away.

Pros

Extremely easy set-up process - almost lie plug&play
Excellent dashboard with easily accessible widgets
Efficient reconciliation tools
Project tracking and automatic updates
Very supportive & available customer support
Intergrates with payroll

Cons

Lack of mobile App that is comprehensive such that transactions are held on a separate mobile application.

Limited inventory management support.

Thomas H.

Excellent Software But!!!!

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Generally good, but at this price point and with the Client base we have, there are more accessible easier to learn options available at much more competitive prices.

Pros

Very full function set with excellent reporting.
Does everything well
Customer support is quick and they do try to fix things.

Cons

Some glaring failures in coding.
Over the last 5 years have found large holes in areas one would not expect.
The back-up files we discovered were wholly inadequate and useless to reconstruct anything from. (Now rectified)
The VAT reporting for MTD has been laughable, with poorly thought out process leading to the possibility of corrupt data. Fixes have been put in place, but the users should not be used for real time software testing. More thoroughness and care needed

Tim P.

• Customer Support Software

Accounting software as it should be....

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

The problem of expensive, hardware dependent, inflexible and user unfriendly accounting packages has finally been solved. No more workarounds, updates or patches to worry about just clear, intelligible and above all useful financial information any where, any time and on any device. Just brilliant.

Pros

Ease of use: Xero is so easy to set up, use and tailor to your own requirements that it almost stops being work and becomes fun. Even non-accountants and finance people seem to be able to grasp its simple approach to capturing, managing and reporting financial information.

Cons

Not much: if pushed I would have to say that the reporting functionality is a little clumsy, but only once you have a significant number of account lines to manage. Many of the "out of the box" reports still require a lot of tailoring to make them really useful, and there seems to be a curious reluctance to offer comparatives as standard which (as any accountant will tell you) are essential to interpret any financial report properly.

Kevin M.

Fantastic Online Accounting Software

Reviewed on 05/11/2016

I've started doing some bookkeeping, and I've immediately gravitated toward Xero because of it's ease of use and outstanding customer & partner support.

The company that dominates this market has (in my experience) horrendous customer support. That's where Xero really stands out as a strong competitor. I find their functionality to be much better than the current market leader AND I can easily get help if I need it.

Where Xero shines is in making reconciliation easy. It learns as you go and makes intelligent suggestions that make future reconciliations faster. The cash coding feature is also a real time-saver as it allows me to reconcile larger numbers of transactions that will all be coded to the same account.

Xero also offers direct download from a large number of financial institutions. Even being in Arkansas, I've been able to download statements directly from all the banks I've needed.

Xero has a huge marketplace of add-ons to assist with things like Point of Sale, Inventory Management, Sales Tax filing and much more. It's safe to say any small business should be able to get all of their accounting and bookkeeping needs met within the Xero ecosystem, and they'll get much better customer support there than with other products.

Cloud-based
Tools to streamline reconciliation
Huge array of add-ons to meet a variety of marketplace needs

Cons

Has had some downtime recently. They're good about notifying about upcoming maintenance intervals, but there have been a couple of incidences of downtime that have affected my work. They fixed it quickly, which is really all you can ask. Stuff happens in the technical realm.

Karen H.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent but some small issues

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Overall we are very happy with this software and have no plans to change

Cost effective
Easy to speak to/connect with the accountant in real time
Clear graphics

Cons

Ideas with lots of 'views' are not implemented
Some pointless ideas seem to get preference because they are more 'tech forward'

David Z.

Bookkeeping for the non-bookkeeper

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Overall Xero has made is so much easier to expand our business due to its ease of use.

Pros

Before using Xero I was using a more traditional bookkeeping desktop application. Xero is everything that the other application was not. Xero uses plain language to make it easy to enter data. I am rarely baffled by accounting terms and on the occasion I don't understand something their built in help is really useful. The fact that is it online is perhaps taken for granted by most nowadays but when I started having an application that I could access from anywhere and more importantly so could my accountant was a real bonus.

Cons

There are very few minor issues. Namely that it is not possible to fully customise the look and feel of invoices. You are restricted to a limited number of fonts. Given that Xero's mantra was always beautiful software, this is somewhat ironic.

Gavin C.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Xero Cloud based accounting

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

Xero makes accounting fun rather than a chore, the system learns as you use it and automatically completes reconciliations.
The phone app loads fast and is easy to navigate.

Pros

Easy to learn
Wasy to customise
Can be used anywhere - I have done my daily reconciliations while sitting waiting for a dentist appointment
Phone app loads fast and has all the funtionality of the desktop version.
Integrates well with email and the other cloud based software apps we use.
Link to IRD makes filing tax returns quick and easy

Cons

I only use Xero for one business. If you operate more than one business the email integration is a bit clunky.
There are a large number of 3rd party apps which integrate with Xero to perform peripheral accounting functions eg time sheets, job costings etc, not all of these are as easy to use and learn as Xero.

Melanie F.

Better than the best!

Reviewed on 22/05/2019

This has been a real 'wow' software experience for our business. It has saved us time and provides a simple accuracy of data entry and accounting. We have the confidence now to completed our tri monthly business activity statement ourselves, without having to bring in an accountant to check our work.

Pros

This software is easy to use with simple clear text and a layout that is easy on the eye. There is no over complication of the software and everything you need to complete your daily and monthly tasks is readily available. It has an amazing search feature for anything contained within the database readily searchable. The duplication feature is fantastic - this prevents you from entering an invoice twice which is a great feature when you are dealing with large volumes of data entry.

Cons

I process a lot of credits / rebates from suppliers and the 'enter credit' feature is not so easy to access. Its a few backwards clicks to enter multiple credit notes from suppliers.

Smit S.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

One of kind accounting software

Reviewed on 12/05/2018

Although it has some cons of the software, but i am using the same since several years, its pros overcomes all its cons

Pros

XERO is very smart and intelligent online accounting and book keeping software. Below are the features and pros of the software.

Overall design and user interface is excellent.

It some very useful features like auto bank statement upload, automatic back reconciliation, automatic bill payments, create purchase orders, multi Currency support with hourly foreign exchange rates etc.

Whether its small business or mid size business XERO is one of the best software

Cons

Software is somewhat overpriced.
QuickBooks online has also several more features that makes XERO a less competitive product.
It has purchase order facility but has nkt facility to make sales order.

• Industry: Media Production

Excellent Accounting Software

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

The startup I worked for started out with Xero and it was a super intuitive product. We easily scaled from simple account reconciliation through to every aspect of our accounting needs flawlessly.

Pros

This product is super easy to use whether you're new to accounting or an experienced professional. Everything from account reconciliation to payroll to VAT returns to management accounts is super well laid out. If you ever have any questions, a plethora of tutorials or guides is readily available as well.

I can't recommend this product enough for a business of any size.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons to using Xero. The only bit I would slightly approve is the budgeting tool which I found to be not so intuitive. Everything else worked flawlessly.

Asher J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Xero is a superb accounting package

Reviewed on 07/06/2021

I have used Xero daily for 6 years, and it continually impresses me. I have recommended this software to many many people, and have converted several to Xero from QB etc.

Pros

Xero's financial reporting is simply the best in it's level of online accounting packages. I have used many competitors, and Xero is the best for reporting, analytics and forecasting. Another great feature is how many apps it syncs with.

Cons

On it's own, it has limitations in inventory tracking, however, is Xero an inventory management software ? No, it's an accounting package. Team it up with Dear Inventory Systems for a top class inventory tracking and invoicing, accounting solution.

Paul M.

• Customer Support Software

Game Changer: Xero helped our business to become an efficiency machine

Reviewed on 15/04/2015

Pros

Simple to use, focusses on the financial management of your bank accounts first. We coined the term; Upside Down Accounting. And it really is. When you think of the way that the bank feeds link to transactions; its no different to a game of snap 'OK'

Cons

I think that it it's too cheap (yeah, that's a double negative). We've found that the product is priced perfectly for us as the consumer. But commercially as a SaaS provider ourselves, I think that it is too cheap for what it does. But then there are 11m small businesses in the US, so get a slice of that and BOOM. We use it every day in our business and it does exactly what we need. As a business with offices in AU / US and customers round the globe, Xero provides a capability that we'd be spending 10s of thousands per year with other platforms that deliver half the value (and add more staff to manage and administer).

Calum H.

Simple to use system

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Great, can't speak for a larger firm, but for a business our size it's great.

Pros

Xero is a simple to use platform and some intelligent functionality, great dash and good navigation

Cons

When something goes wrong, if you don't know how it went wrong (and don't know what to specifically ask for) the support is poor, slow, and so focused on streamlined processes and "closing of tickets" that no one reads your actual requests.

The invoice approval process is cumbersome and there aren't notifications so you need to chat amongst your team to remind each other.

It draws information from your bank stream which is quite clever, but sometimes it's so busy being clever that when the platform itself makes a mistake, it can take you a while to unravel it.