ZoomInfo SalesOS

3.9/5

Erik

Zoom through prospecting with ZoomInfo

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Overall the experience with ZoomInfo has been great. We transitioned from legacy DiscoverOrg, which, was very outdated and limited us to only a specified amount of accounts and their information. ZoomInfo has opened us up to a whole new world when it comes to prospecting.

Pros

The ZoomInfo platform is super user friendly. The UX is very intuitive and easy to learn. We primarily use ZoomInfo for exporting lead contact information into our Salesforce CRM. We also enable alerts on target accounts to give us up-to-date information on the account that we use in outreach—keeping us relevant in our personalized communications to leads.

Cons

Not a major pain point, but the integration with Salesforce does not use "fuzzy" logic. For example, if I am exporting a lead to an account that already exists in our Salesforce, but the account name in ZoomInfo differs slightly from what is in our Salesforce CRM, the accounts will not match. For example, an account might be named "Acme Inc." in ZoomInfo but we may have the account named "Acme" in our Salesforce. This will not pick up as a match, and then we will have to search for the Account, otherwise a new account will be created, creating a duplicate record.

• Customer Support Software

ZoomInfo is the comfortable, reliable, familiar

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

Overall I like ZoomInfo. I selected them because of prior experience and its brand recognition. That being said, while they offer a lot of capabilities and products, specializing in one area is just not their M.O. - at least that's what it feels like. Because of that, competitors who focus on providing one service (i.e. buyer intent) oftentimes are of higher quality (and much cheaper). They are the essence of "comfortable," which may or may not be the most important factor when deciding on your overall tech stack.

Pros

The continual acquisitions to improve their product and company. The accuracy of their contact data is pretty good. Their company data is really good. Integration with Salesforce is pretty straightforward. Lots of features and capabilities to choose from.

Cons

Customer support takes a long time. Their contact data is not always up to date especially with linkedin. No "left company" update/alert that I know of. Not a very robust integration/sync with Linkedin. Enrichment feature has been failing recently.

D&B Hoovers

Reasons for Switching to ZoomInfo SalesOS

They included other products which we were also in the market for... and they were familiar to us making them the "comfortable" choice.
jake
  • Industry: Public Safety

Really Disappointed with Data Availability and Quality

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

Pros

Went with Zoom because its a top player and easy to deploy.

Cons

Felt like I was duped in the sales process by them showing you just enough that you can't tell they actually don't have any data. We are selling to the government... All of this information is online often in a structured format. How is Zoom not able to figure this out?

Mark
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

The best if you can afford it

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

It helped me launch a startup company from scratch and saved us a ton of time researching the appropriate leads.

Pros

This is definitely the leader in the industry for lead gen software. However, it comes with a pretty hefty price tag

Cons

We had to switch to a competitor because the cost was just too high. They're one of the few lead gen software companies that won't give you a free trial unless you meet with them first.

• Customer Support Software

Great data, easy to use and train teams to use, valuable tool for sales/marketing

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

I have been a user for over 6 years and I love the tool. Their customer support is always responsive - although I have rarely ever needed them because the software is very intuitive and always is working just as expected. In my experience, the sales teams work with your budget on renewals - always are flexible and make adjustments to their packaging/pricing to fit your needs.

Pros

The quality of data is top notch. I have used many different sources of marketing data - even worked for 2 of the big players - and the data at ZoomInfo is among the top in quality for B2B. Their software is extremely easy to use, even with the recent update a couple years ago. I have trained many BDRs and SDRs on how to use the tool for prospecting. I have implemented this solution at new companies I have joined and it is always received as a high-value software that continuously is renewed year over year.

Cons

There's not many cons about this software. This is being really nit-picky but... I have used the tool as a marketer to build/target and export lists. Although ZoomInfo integrates with some CRM tools, I found I still needed to export the data into excel, add any custom fields (such as Lead Owner, Lead Status, etc), then upload it into the CRM. So it is a bit time consuming. If ZoomInfo can find a way to allow you to add custom fields to the data before instantly integrating into CRMs, that would save a lot of time.

Growbots

Reasons for Switching to ZoomInfo SalesOS

The value is incredible. The data quality is top in the industry and continually improving and expanding.
Eric

• Customer Support Software

ZoomInfo takes the load off of Ops

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

Zoominfo is an older looking UI but their database is robust and it gets the job done.

Pros

Zoominfo is beneficial to me because I can assign credits to reps who want leads and then forget about it. They are empowered to set their own criteria and go hunt and sell on their own.

Cons

The integration with SFDC is sub-par. Ideally we could use more sophisticated configuration options so that these could come over to our CRM the way that we want to see them and that doesn't conflict with other conventions we have in place.

Ken
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ZoomInfo has buyers' cell numbers, which has been a gamechanger for me.

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Overall, I have seen value from ZoomInfo and it has helped me accelerate some deals.

Pros

with ZoomInfo, I like that I can get notifications about the companies that I care about and what they are doing. That allows me to strategize what I want to do and who I need to reach out to to. And when I do my outreach, I know what I need to say with my messaging that will cut through the noise and get a response from my buyer.

Cons

Because there is so much you can do with ZoomInfo, sometimes the software is a bit hard to use. It really does take time to set it up properly, otherwise it's just another too-powerful, often clunky solution in my tool kit.

Jill
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

• Customer Support Software

ZoomInfo is a great tool, but ...

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Overall it has worked well. I did consider integrating with our CRM to add complete contact details when we had information missing, but it made me nervous with privacy laws so I did not do that. Overall the software works well and does what it should, I just wish there was a little more flexibility with segmentation so all companies could be found in a specific market.

Pros

I really like that I can look up complete contact details for individuals we've talked with but may not have complete info.

Cons

The only thing I've found that I don't like is that when I compare information from ZoomInfo with other platforms like Dunn & Bradstreet, D&B is able to find more companies and contacts than ZoomInfo. However, to be fair, it works the other way around too where ZoomInfo finds some that D&B does not. I wish the segmentation could be more broad, then drill down from there.

Snov.io and LinkedIn Sales Navigator

Reasons for Switching to ZoomInfo SalesOS

We also considered IIR and Dunn & Bradstreet. We went with D&B and ZoomInfo as they had the most accurate company and contact details.
Carrie
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

ZoomInfo ~ More Like Get All Info

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

Pros

This is the only program I have used that finds contact info at least 95% of the time. If ZoomInfo can't find it, I don't think it exists.

Cons

You get 50 free searches a month which is pretty good, but if you want unlimited searches, it is $40 per month which is a lot for someone with a small business or just starting out.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great Catalog/Communication Product

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

This product has dramatically transformed our companies "attacking" process of sales. Would recommend to anyone needing lead generations.

Pros

ZoomInfo is a life saver for those sales/cold-calling individuals that have a hard time reaching their targets. It implements numbers/emails so you can have your targets direct line, and is very useful in following up and striking conversations between managers, employees, or potential targets in a company.

Cons

Sometimes it can have ambiguous or outdated information and it makes it difficult to track down exactly the person you're looking for.

InsideView and LeadIQ

Reasons for Switching to ZoomInfo SalesOS

ZoomInfo we felt had the most bang for our buck and had the largest pool of lead generations after the free trial periods.
Julian
  • Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

Easily the worst company I've ever done business with

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

TL;DR — This company does not care one iota about customer service. They do not care about you or your business. They don't care about maintaining a good relationship in the pit of a pandemic. And even when times are fine, they don't care about giving you what they said they'd give you.

Here’s the experience
* I spent three months telling the sales rep exactly what I needed.
* Each time I explained it, she said something like, “Our plans just changed since last we spoke, but yes our current offer can meet your needs.” Confusing as all get-out every time she explained it.
* Finally decided to try it, because since they’ve bought out their competitors they’re the only one we could use.
* After two days we realized something was very wrong.
* They basically said, “Oh you need another plan for that.” Note: we did exactly what we said we’d do.
* Kicked it up to sales person’s manager: After 5 mins of listening, “Shoot, we’ve got you on the wrong plan.” Did they change our plan and admit their mistake? Nope... 363 days with the wrong plan and nothing we could do about it but give them more money and hope it would be different.
* We improvised with what we had as best we could, lost a lot of time, didn’t yield what we needed.
* Nine months later I get a surprising call from their collections agency telling me I have to pay a bill. These guys never called me, never sent an “in this together” email. In April, the pit of the pandemic, they just shot me over to collections. Wow.

Pros

The data quality is good and has improved over the past few years. This has been accomplished through numerous acquisitions of competitors, and either they were always a terrible company or the disarray from M&A has cast them into such chaos that all they can do is sell whatever they can get people to agree to buying, and operate a platform.

Whatever benefit they provide is so overwhelmingly overshadowed by their apathy and lethargy as a firm that I'm repeatedly reminded of interactions with corrupt functionary bureaucrats in failed states every time I deal with them. This may sound like hyperbole, but I assure you that it is not. I specialize in emerging markets and the only time I've ever seen behavior like I have at this company is in the most forgotten and ungoverned parts of the world — the places where if you don't like what they're serving, or if they didn't do what they promised, you can just go shove it or pay them more and hope that you finally get what you need... eventually.

Cons

We were sold the wrong benefits despite roughly three months of discussing our needs with the sales rep, and the company did absolutely nothing to amend this despite the sales manager's first impression on reviewing the problem being, "Oh shoot, we've got you on the completely wrong plan." So I'm not sure because it only sometimes met our needs and the company never revised our plan and blithely ignored our requests for them to do so.

Response from ZoomInfo

Hi Julian,

I am very sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with us. This is absolutely in no way how we conduct ourselves with our customers. As always, we appreciate your feedback and are continuously looking to improve. If you could please email me at [email protected] I would love to chat more with you in hopes I can help resolve any issues you are currently having and figure out a way with you to avoid any miscommunication in the future.

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Marketing

Christian

Regular User

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

The primary business challenge being solved is around uncovering new business logos to promote our services. The platform has also assisted in cleaning the data we already have in Salesforce.

Pros

The platform has been a major contributor to developing new prospects that fit our ICP guidelines, including revenue, employee count, and technology infrastructure. It has also assisted me in collecting as much information for prospecting new contacts within an organization. Integrating with Salesforce was incredibly straight forward, and I personally like the chrome extension. It allows me to look up a contact in Zoom without having to leave a LinkedIn profile.

Cons

One of the key issues I have noticed is the level of accuracy with the data shared on a particular contact. In many cases, the contact would no longer be with an organization associated with ZoomInfo. There have been instances where the contact may have left the company more than a year ago, and ZoomInfo still doesn't have the updated information. The level of detail in the data is incredible, but it's less accurate than what I remember when I first started using the platform.

Kaylah

Great Contact Data Platform with Additional Benefits for Customer Engagement

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Overall, my team really likes Zoominfo. It's simple, easy to use, and gives us the type of information that we need for our sales team to be successful. It's a great additional to pair with our other tools, and it extra helpful when it comes to finding contacts on LinkedIn.

Pros

My team really likes Zoominfo! It allows us to easily pull contact data for our sales team. The variety of filter options make the platform easy to use, and makes list pulling quick and simple. We love the Websights feature that allows us to see which companies have been on our site. And we really love the intent data that the platform provides! It's great to be able to cross reference the websights with the intent data to not only see who has been on our site and the pages they have viewed, but also it also allows us to focus on other products or services that the company is showing interest in when our sales team does outreach.

Cons

I wish the platform were quicker at updating contact and company records, and I wish that we would be actively updated on requests we have made in regards to these updates. I have submitted a few update requests, but they seem to die after the request is submitted because nobody reaches out to tell me the update has been complete, or when the update will be done. I have checked back in on records months later to see that they still were not updated with my request. Many of these have been HQ address updates.

Peter

• Customer Support Software

The most powerful lead generation software I know

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Pros

ZoomInfo is one of the most important software solutions of our company. It is used by the whole sales team and our single source of truth regarding lead generation and lead quality. Since outbound sales is our most relevant revenue channel, high quality leads are mandatory for our success. The use experience is very accessible plus we are doing internal trainings with ZoomInfo. I especially like the salesforce integration, which takes a lot of manual workflows away from me. The quality of leads we generate over ZoomInfo is impressive.

Cons

Sometimes it can be necessary to check the researched Email addresses double e.g. with Domain Ninja in order to make sure we save the right contact email. But despite that, I am super happy with ZoomInfo.

Ajit

Topmost Customer Database Software in USA

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

I am using ZoomInfo for last 5 years from previous company and also using in my present company. It has great experience to use Intent, Scoops section, Enhance section. All these features are very useful. Very much satisfied and I will definitely suggest zoomInfo to others, my friends, colleagues.

Pros

I like the scoops and Intent section very much. Scoops and Intent Signals helps us to find out most relevant and needy business via good leads and companies. It is very easy to use scoops and Intent section to prepare the companies list or contacts list. It helps a lot to our company

Cons

The companies and contacts database of Middle East (MENA) and APAC region is very less as compared to other regions. Most of the contacts does not have direct or mobile numbers so we are facing difficulties to connect with prospect or targeted customers of those region. All other is set.

Mark
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Zoominfo

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

Overall my experience has been good and customer service has been helpful

Pros

This is the best data content software in the industry. Easy to use and look data up

Cons

The software is very expensive. You pretty much get what you pay for

Joram
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

the best user intuitive and user friendly lead generation software

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

if you need a software that can give you access to raw data for lead generation,look no further

Pros

Zoom-info allows one to get information on leads including full names,job title, and there current direct phone numbers, mobile phone number, job titles and both work and personal email addresses, they have also greatly improved on the user experience with additional of LinkedIn links that allows for verification, also one gets access to the company revenue information and number of employees and the head quarters physical address,

Cons

so far so good, it is more user friendly and has a new arrangement for data information display

Cory
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Biggest disappointment of the year

Reviewed on 23/03/2022

This has to be the biggest disappointment, and I would never recommend this tool, it's extremely pricey, and when we reached out to our Account Manager for help, he kept saying “well, I remind you, you're on a contract”. We don't feel like we're being listened at. We are still waiting for options to fix this issue, or to cancel this tool that has been of zero use to us. Furthermore, we've gotten training where they keep repeating the same and the same, taking little value from it.

Pros

Integration with Hubspot seemed to work fine

Cons

Where do I start? Since the beginning we express our concerns to the AE assigned to us, that ZoomInfo could be “too big for us”, since we target mainly small to medium companies; after we were reassured that the Data was updated and taken from several channels, we decided to go ahead with the solution. Three months in (almost four), and we haven't gotten one single good lead. Some of the issues are, but not limited to 1) a lot of the information for small business was not up-to-date, 2) "Small businesses" that always end up being part of a bigger company, 3) Mixed information from companies from the Intent because the signal and the suggested contacts are pulled from different companies with the same name, 4) it can take up to an hour to clean ONE contact, since the information is mixed, and as stated before, many times the data is not updated, many people who "doesn't work there anymore", 5) When using the Intent feature and calling the lead, they rarely know what we're talking about, or they got a solution “weeks ago”, 6) Intent topics are locked, and you can change them only a few times during the year, so you want to be extra mindful with those, but of course, these topics are NOT open to you. They give you a long excel list with a thousand of topics for you to “select”. This is so complicated and takes so much time, when it would be easier to do it with on a sharing screen meeting, so 7) will be lack of support.

Charlie

Great Prospecting Tool

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

I uses this solution to qualify potential customers based on their company information, and then export them to my CRM where I can manage the lead throughout the sales cycle. It provides accurate and up to date contact info making sales that much easier!

Pros

I love how easy Zoominfo is to use, and how accurate the information provided is. As a salesperson who spends most of his days hunting, this tool makes my life so much easier!

Cons

I don't like how there is a limit to how many leads you can export to your CRM (1000 to Salesforce for the year), but with some smart tactics you can stretch that number.

Roselin
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A user-friendly tool for daily sales data

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

On a whole, Zoominfo SalesOS is the perfect tool for day-to-day sales research. Right from prospecting companies as per our industry, revenue, and size targets to looking up prospects' contact details and LinkedIn, ZI did not disappoint me. There are integrations like Hubspot & Salesforce that work well with our ZI account. Dashboards and charts enhance the data presentation and help make better ICP evaluation & prospecting decisions. Like any other tool, it has a few shortcomings as well. But I'm sure it'll get better in the days to come.

Pros

The ease of use has to be the best part about Zoominfo. There is nothing complicated or difficult to understand about its features and functionalities. The tool can be navigated well through different sections and sub-sections.

Cons

Some details are not up-to-date. For example, some companies' revenue, headquarters, employee list and such details are either wrong or old or missing.

• Customer Support Software

Best tool to get information about prospects...love it

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

my overall experience with zoominfo has been very good and it has really helped me to boost up my sales cycle.
I use it daily to gather lists about my contacts and gather info about them and then work on them accordingly.
I just love this product and it has made my work relatively easy

Pros

the thing i like most about zoominfo is the ease with which i can use this tool.
I use this tool to connect to my possible prospects and get valuable information about them and there company.
It is very very to use and also helps us to make lead lists and contact them accordingly

Cons

the data extraction from zoominfo can be made more easy.
Sometimes the data is outdated but is correct in most of the cases

Adam

Great Sales Tool!

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

I would highly recommend Zoom for any organization that needs to prospect new potential clients. It is effective and has great plug-ins and interfaces with Chrome.

Pros

Zoom is a great tool for prospecting. It helps bridge the gap from leads to new clients. I leverage it daily as I look to acquire new customers.

Cons

Like all sales tools, sometimes Zoom's contact information is not correct. However, I would say that it has a hit-rate of about 80-85% which is very effective in a cold-calling environment.

Yama

• Customer Support Software

Expensive but worth the cost

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

It is really easy to use. It give your a database of contacts you will not be able to find as easily. Eliminates manual searching, manual entry, and searching for contacts seamless. Seriously if you need to grow then you need to invest in a tool like Zoominfo to grow your database of prospects. I have had a lot of success from zoominfo. Highly recommend.

Pros

The update information and the collaboration of Discover.Org has provided a lot more contacts to their resources. This make finding and exporting new contacts to your CRM a breeze.

Cons

It is expensive. That being said if you close 1 deal in a year from finding a new contact from Zoominfo it pays for itself. It is an investment.

Jack

Solid for US contacts

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

Overall the job has allowed me to be successful when it comes to prospecting individuals in USA, Canada, and Australia. If you are doing business overseas I would recommend looking for a different solutions.

Pros

For the most part, ZoomInfo has access to most of the contacts in USA, Canada, and Australia. They do a pretty good job of getting contacts updated that might have joined a company 3-4 months ago. The ease of use is extremely beneficial as well.

Cons

The software does not have any access to contacts in the UK. This is most likely due to compliance of sorts but makes it really hard to work overseas accounts.

Zoominfo leads the pack

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Pros

Accurate data with a great user interface. List building tool is extremely valuable and effective for us as a company. We couldn't survive without Zoominfo. We use it to build out mail-merge campaigns as well as targeted lists for our sales reps.

Cons

Occasionally outdated data. Must be tough to keep track of all the turnover all over the world so I don't fault them for that.