Nowsta

Workforce management tool to handle payroll & work shifts

4.9 /5 (100 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.8
Amanda Z.
Industry: Events Services

This app has been game changing for how we communicate with staff.

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Pros

I like the ease of use as a Coordinator. My time spent scheduling has shrunk majorly, leaving me more time to focus on recruiting, on-boarding and training. The calendar makes it really easy for me to see what my week looks like. The sorting function help me isolate events to more easily see events. Even the color and font choices used in the apps is pleasing to the eye!

The support from the Nowsta team has been amazing. They always respond within minutes through their direct messaging function and not only resolve the issue, but are a blast to work with.

It's been a year that we have used the software and there have been endless improvements to functionality. They have expanded the system in many ways, allowing us to change our payroll functions and save money. Many times, we have seen areas for improvement, have sent the Nowsta team suggestions and then seen the tweaks in the app a few weeks later. The team at Nowsta is the ultimate example of continuous improvement.

My staff really enjoys using the app and it has actually been a help in hiring as well. I mention it during the interview and I have seen candidates' faces light up with excitement that we schedule with such a convenient form of communication.

Cons

The timeclock function on the app can be buggy and not record proper times, but I let the Nowsta team know and it's usually fixed right away. It's also an easy fix as a Coordinator, to adjust the times on the desktop.

Michael C.

Game changer

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Great! From when we were first introduced to Nowsta through now, it has been a GREAT experience.

Pros

The Nowsta software provides such an easy way to communicate with staff. Scheduling offsite events is about communication. Nowsta provides a platform where everyone can speak the same language when scheduling or receiving a schedule.

Cons

Hard to think about what I don't like. As soon as there is something that seems off the engineers are on it

Sarah P.
Industry: Events Services

Smooth Transition and easy to use!

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

From the initial conversation, to the implementation, I have been fully on board! I'm excited to know they are constantly working on how to make the software as useful as possible and I'm not sure how our company went so long with out it!

Pros

This software is so user friendly! We have a VERY wide range of employees that range from savvy to beginner in the tech department. The transition to this app/website was seamless for everyone involved. I love how you can compartmentalize almost every aspect of information on both the administrative side as well as the user side. It takes me less than 1 minute to create an event, and about the same for our employees to choose whether or not they are able to work. It's great from start to finish!
I also love that employees can choose how they receive notifications. Very customizable to how they use their phones.

Cons

The biggest thing I wish this software had was an app from the admin side. Although the browser is esthetically pleasing, I would like to get push notifications as the administrator.

Sarah M.

Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

The entire Nowsta team has been responsive and easy to work with!

Pros

The ease of use and integration with Total Party Planner

Cons

We would like there to be an option that an administrator is able to clock in/out employees without having to be the event owner.

Melissa C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Nowsta truly transformed our catering companies staffing operations!

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Nowsta has eliminated our need for paper/hand written shift times, confusion over who was at what event and for how long, wondering what was the pay for that particular shift and the need to spend countless hours calculating every employees hours/pay come payroll time. Most of all, Nowsta has connected all our employees and with the app, given each the convenance of handheld information. Oh, and Nowsta integrates with our catering software Caterease which was our biggest selling point because we only have to enter event information once and it is transferred over to Nowsta with all the details needed for the employees.

From a Caterers view point, I do not think there is anything else out there that can come close to Nowsta for us. So happy we made the move to Nowsta and there's no turning back!

Pros

From an Admin stand point, I love how Nowsta is so easy to edit; staff information, times, position costs, literally everything! I love the availability checks that can go out as whatever I want, they do not have to be attached to an event. I love the multiple ways that I can inform my staff of shifts available via shifts requests and publishing to a first come first serve deal. It's so easy to make announcements to staff members who are scheduled for event shifts. Staff members get notified instantly of any event changes. I can set preferences to where I receive emails every time a staff member accepts/declines a shift, when new events are entered into Nowsta (we have the Caterease interface), when staff members do not clock into their shifts on time and so on. I could go on and on...

From an employees stand point, Nowsta gives me all the information that I need for an event. Its linked with Google Maps and with one click, I get GPS directions to my event. I can get notifications of upcoming events I am scheduled for. I clock in and out with my phone, no company timeclock box needed. I can easily add breaks to my shift. I can clock into an unscheduled shift, like for kitchen/office staff members who work daily yet do not have schedule kitchen or office hours. It is soooo easy! Makes everything soooo easy!!

Hands down the BEST Customer service crew I have ever worked with! I love chatting with them even tho I try not to have to. :)

Cons

The only thing at the moment that I wish Nowsta could do is have flat rate delivery options. I currently use normal staffing hours to calculate deliveries but they should be flat rates that do not affect employees hours but we make it work. Looking forward to the upgrade that includes flat rate fees.

Alisha S.

Overall, this program has been a lifesaver and has drastically improved our staffing process.

Reviewed on 28/07/2018

Pros

I have been using the software for over 2 years now and have seen it develop into the great product that it is today. What I like most is that the Nowsta team is dedicated to really understanding the needs of their end users and developing a system that is perfect for event industry professionals.

We have been able to really cut down on overtime in every department, have a much higher response rate from staff who are receiving offers to work, and management is able to track hours and run payroll reports much more efficiently with this system in place.

The many different levels of permissions allow me to customize what each person using the system is able to see and access in the system. My Sales team can see schedules, but not pay rates and are not able to adjust times/ shifts. Department head can see pay rates, and enter schedules, but are not able to create or remove another admin user. Event staff can not access the admin portal at all.

There are many great features that this system has that several others on the market simply do not consider or offer, and I would highly recommend taking a look at it if you are not already a user.

Cons

As with any system that is still in development, there are still a few hick ups in the program. The Nowsta team works diligently to iron out the kinks but this causes the system to go down for unexpected periods of time and staff is unable to clock in/out.

Aaron M.

Very Pleased!

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Scheduling is much easier and the user interface is easy to use and understand.

Pros

Nowsta easily integrates with other systems that make scheduling events a breeze for our company. The interface is extremely user friendly and is not cumbersome like many other systems that have been used in the past.

Cons

There needs to be an attendance (point based) system in place that keeps track of an employee calling in, being late, etc. Progressive attendance based systems are important for companies where hourly employees are expected to maintain an acceptable level of attendance. I would like to see a system added to Nowsta in the future that will make it easy to track attendance so employees can be held accountable for poor attendance.

Bob K.

Great Product, Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

I can't say enough about this platform. I've personally recommended it to other companies in our industry and can't imagine ever changing. From start to finish, the software is easy to use/learn, provides great analytics and the customer service far exceeds expectations.

Pros

We love being able to create and assign numerous roles and hourly rates to our team members; the timeclock tablet feature is great for onsite clocking in and out and the tracking/reporting tools are incredibly useful for budgeting purposes as well as budget to actual comparisons. There are just so many great features to this software and it continues to improve.

Cons

I don't believe there is anything that we like least about the software but this is more of a wish list in that we wish we could house more employee information. Again, this is not the purpose of the software but to have it all in one central location would be super convenient.

Mary jo "mj" P.
Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use, cuts staffing time in half, great customer support and overall highly recommended.

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Pros

Nowsta is a staffing platform that was created especially for the Catering & Event Industry. They did their research on what was needed and that comes full circle as you use it daily. On top of having great Customer Support and response time to questions, issues, concerns or suggestions, Nowsta provides a streamlined staffing software that is easy to use for all. Our response times are cut in half and we have more immediate feedback if a staff member is going to accept the shift or not. The Time & Attendance feature is super simple to approve times and notice and discrepancies. I would highly recommend.

Cons

Currently, the only thing I wish I had with this software. I have is having to log into the web application as a Coordinator and not having access through the app for making day of/on-site changes to staff, but this is a rare need for us and easy to use the web version from a phone internet browser.

Desiree J.
Industry: Hospitality

Never Been So Efficiently Staffed!

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

Pros

We started using NOWSTA almost 2 years ago and it has made scheduling so much more efficient. We use it throughout our company - from servers and bartenders, to kitchen, warehouse, and office workers. The platform is user friendly for both schedulers and staff. Our Staffing Coordinator of almost 13 years says we have never been fully staffed so early for our events! And she doesn't have to rely on temporary staff as much anymore because we are staffed more efficiently.
Bonus - Nowsta's email newsletters are very informative and concise in the topics of labor laws, staffing trends, and other topics related to our industry.

Cons

Nothing major that I am aware of! Overall, it works well.

Heather A.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Nowsta has made everything easier

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

I used to spend two days doing our payroll because the staffing software we used to use wouldn't integrate with our payroll. Nowsta has made payroll and shift management so much easier and their customer service reps are always more than happy to jump in and help me if I (or our staff) ever have an issue. I can't thank them enough!

Pros

Being able to attach documents for each event has been a game-changer for our staff!

Cons

Some of the hiccups with using the timeclock were a bit frustrating (some days it worked fine but then for no reason, it wouldn't). The new update to the software has definitely improved this process!

Fletcher C.

Incredibly User Friendly & Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

We've had an excellent experience. The customer service has been out of this world. Working with the reps has been great. I never worry about being able to actively communicate with them or that we will experience an outage of any variety. Everything has been going swimmingly.

Pros

The ease of use and installation as well as the technical support received along the way. The team was also very receptive to improvements prompted by our team actively using the product in the field.

Cons

That we didn't implement it earlier. After we did, our productivity shot through the roof.

Jason C.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

Pros

We have been extremely happy with the ease of setup and training. The support team have been great to work with and super responsive when we have questions or concerns.

Cons

No real cons to address. It is still a work in progress and we look forward to the future changes that are coming.

Cristin N.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I LOVE NOWSTA!

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

AWESOME! Rep is a great help as well. She helps us with anything we need and is very quick with response time. However, our team does wish Nowsta had an on-boarding. It would be amazing if Nowsta could be our all in one.

Pros

Nowsta makes it easy for me to schedule and staff my employees. To switch them from events and etc. It's also great that I can interface from Caterease.

Cons

Nowsta can be VERY slow sometimes. Especially lately, I feel like it takes 5 minutes to load fully and sometimes I can't scroll because it's still loading.

Jessica L.

Overall Great

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

I love that I have my entire roster with contact info in one place. It's also helpful that other staffing agencies use it so employees are familiar. Looking forward to the integration and crossover for staffing agencies.

Pros

I love how user friendly and easy to use it it. The customer service is great-- shout out to Aimee!

Cons

Need more shortcuts for batch updating. I would also like a history of changes for each user with more details. Like the exact time someone accepted a job or was removed. I know the logo was added and that's great...but its really small. Also, there really needs to an app for admins!

Jamie S.

Great service

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Pros

I like the functionality of the software! It is so easy to use and user friendly. The app is great.

Cons

I'd love to be able to add a shift to multiple events at once, but otherwise it's great!

Vi D.

Nowsta is awesome!

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

Pros

How simple and easy it is to use. You know exactly where you need to go for whatever you’re needing (changing availability, checking your jobs for the weekend, past jobs, even how much you’re getting paid now).

Cons

Sometimes it would glitch and you’d have to close the app and reopen it when you’re trying to see your event or clock people in

Alexander R.
Industry: Food & Beverages

“Nowsta” An Everyday Tool!

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Nowsta is a great everyday tool for any Manager looking to schedule staff!

Pros

This software makes scheduling staff so much easier, my favorite feature is the weekly view tool created to schedule staff while also tracking their hours for you!

Cons

I work in the catering field and you never really know the exact time an employee will leave, so you still have to pull a report to get an exact amount of hours worked. Would just be nice if the weekly view could update that time adjust. Do not dislike anything!

Nate H.
Industry: Events Services

What a difference this makes

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Pros

Multi event view and the calendar view are absolute essential and I don't know why it took so long to find something like this.

Cons

Should be an ADMIN mobile app!!
Lack of import features regarding, venues and clients,
Must have a driver position that can see across events as one shift,

Trais M.

Best APP

Reviewed on 02/12/2019

I'm very happy with it, it makes scheduling easy, and the ability to add or archive employees as needed is very handy.

Pros

The ease of being able to log on and make immediate changes and the ability o notify all staff at once.

Cons

It would be great to have better reports.

Hannah B.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Nowsta has been a wonderful and needed investment!

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Pros

It is very user friendly for both our coordinators and employees. The ease of scheduling event staff has becoming much easier for our large company!

Cons

The Nowsta team is always working to improve the tool, but I wish there were more updates about the new features.

Mimi O.

Abraham Catering Service

Reviewed on 07/06/2020

Our setup went very smoothly and we had great guidance from Aimee Bridges.

Pros

Ease of assigning staff to work events and the communication between the employee and software.

Cons

The reports could use some expansion and improving.

Fernando L.

Using Nowsta has made staffing a WHOLE lot easier!!

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Pros

Being able to add BEO's and Diagram's to the app makes pre shift meetings a whole lot faster and saves tons of paper.

Cons

Being able to tweak the final timesheet is a little troublesome, but I'm confident that it'll be resolved soon.

Molly M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Nowsta has streamlined our staffing!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 29/06/2020

We feel that Nowsta allows us a streamlined approach to staffing our catering business, where each shift is always a little different.

Pros

We enjoy the capability of scheduling specific individuals, or having the ability to post an open shift. Also, we love to give team shout outs via the announcement capability!

Cons

There can be a bit of a learning curve when first using the program.

Jerod W.

Nowsta review

Reviewed on 01/09/2019

Streamlining the whole process of staffing events with all applicable info sent in one notification. If I designed this type of service it would have all the things Nowsta offers..

Pros

I enjoy all features. Coming from a previous company that manually sent email schedules, this software has all the things I was asking for before: Integrated clock-in in the app, embedded maps, list of other staff and their contact numbers, ability to attach files, etc.

Cons

There needs to be an offline mode in the time clock app for locations that have no service.