Nowsta

Workforce management tool to handle payroll & work shifts

4.7/5
Customer Support Software

Mary Jo "MJ"
Mary Jo "MJ"

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, cuts staffing time in half, great customer support and overall highly recommended.

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Pros

Nowsta is a staffing platform that was created especially for the Catering & Event Industry. They did their research on what was needed and that comes full circle as you use it daily. On top of having great Customer Support and response time to questions, issues, concerns or suggestions, Nowsta provides a streamlined staffing software that is easy to use for all. Our response times are cut in half and we have more immediate feedback if a staff member is going to accept the shift or not. The Time & Attendance feature is super simple to approve times and notice and discrepancies. I would highly recommend.

Cons

Currently, the only thing I wish I had with this software. I have is having to log into the web application as a Coordinator and not having access through the app for making day of/on-site changes to staff, but this is a rare need for us and easy to use the web version from a phone internet browser.

Jonathan

Employee Communication and Coordination at its Finest

Reviewed on 05/12/2023

Compared to the competition, Nowsta comes out way ahead in ease of use, ability to deliver results, drive efficiency, and track accountability.

Pros

Ease of use and interface make using Nowsta & training easy.
Ease of integrations makes implementation and ROI high.
Many workers in our market are familiar with Nowsta.
Data and reporting allow deep analytics for management, business strategy, and budgets.

Cons

Not allowing workers to Opt to share their calendars across multiple employers means that employee calendars are not always up to date.
Not being able to see available workers without creating a placeholder shift.

FoodStorm, Paychex Flex, and Caterease

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

Deputy's integration did not work with our software. It also did not deliver in critical areas listed above, where Nowsta does deliver.

Deputy

Reasons for Switching to Nowsta

Nowsta did better in the critical areas listed above: staff management and tracking, time and attendance, API integrations (payroll & sales software), communication with employees, HR tracking, file sharing, metric tracking & Data (call outs and shift declinations)
Ranita
  • Industry: Consumer Services

easy to excess

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

Using for 5 months, feeling comfortable and get information about report, time & attendance.

Pros

making labor report everyday by using Nowsta app

Cons

Time & Attending for clock in-clock out by mobile excess

Andrea

Love Nowsta

Reviewed on 07/01/2024

Pros

It has made scheduling staff for events VERY easy. The features are user friendly and easy to teach people.

Cons

That the updates don't transfer to the staffs google/apple calendar

Frankie

Nowsta is a must have!

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Nowsta has enabled us to grow as a company and scale when needed. This is a must have app in our industry.

Pros

I like the ability to schedule multiple events and include a multitude of details that are important to convey to our teams. Also, the ability to engage temp staff through the same system is a game changer.

Cons

I would like to be able to receive employee responses through the system making it a one stop shop.

HotSchedules

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

Lack of flexibility for our industry. We felt limited.

When I Work

Reasons for Switching to Nowsta

The format makes so much sense for a company like ours where we may have many events in multiple locations across the state all at the same time.
Rachel

• Customer Support Software

Staffing is hard enough as is, do yourself a favor! Get Nowsta!

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

With nowsta we are staying organized and it helped push our companies staffing methods into the digital Era. Using an app vs sending emails and making calls has saved so much time. [sensitive content hidden] and [sensitive content hidden] have been so helpful to me since day 1 and care about their clients and how this program can help them every day.

Pros

Nowsta customer service is always top notch! The software is so user friendly from both an admin pov and staff member pov. It has the ability to be so event specific and you can truly tailor it to your companies needs! This allows you to see all information on the go, whenever you need it! Nowsta also makes employee communication easier with the use of notifications and viewing team contact info. I honestly cannot say enough great things about this software.

Cons

I have no complaints, truly. And if I did, I know Nowsta would do everything they could to fix them. Nowsta has helped me at 2 different companies over 4+ years and it is one of the top 3 things required for me to do my job properly.

Michelle

Makes my job easier!

Reviewed on 19/05/2023

I can not gush any mor than I have. It is the best managing software I have ever used. It meets all my staffing needs- and exceeds them with Nowsta Flex. I could not be a happier camper.

Pros

Nowsta creates a space where I can successfully create and customize events to our companies particular needs. We are also able to more easily evaluate our staff and track hours worked. Communication with our staff is an absolute breeze with the built in announcement feature.

Cons

I have not bumped into anything that Nowsta has not already changed (adding the "unavailable" feature was a dream come true)

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Nowsta

I used Nowsta at another company (where I was first introduced to it). When I moved to my new company, they were using email+google sheets to manage events and staff employees. I said there is a better way- let me tell you about Nowsta! We implemented in the off season and have been using Nowsta in full force since then!
Jill

Very Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

I am happy with the product and it has streamlined our scheduling and payroll and has eliminated many paycheck errors.

Pros

It is extremely user-friendly and takes very little training.

Cons

The Customized csv for import is still not 100% correct and manual changes have to be made before importing.

Paige

• Customer Support Software

New Staffing Events Coordinator Joins New Company as a Nowsta Coordinator.

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

Overall Nowsta is a great tool for admin and external users alike. Other than the missing chat feature and the inability to easily change/sort an event's staff assignments/roles on the event page, I have no complaints.

Pros

I like the ability to visually see which events are fully staffed, which need staffing, and the easy publishing of open shifts to our staffing roster.

Cons

I don't like that there is no way to chat/text staff within the app. It would be nice if there was a SLACK like chat area/channels area for staff to reach out rather than given them our personal numbers.

Ann Marie

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Pros

The ease of reporting is the thing I like best about Nowsta.

Cons

I would like to be able to create custom reports.

Marina

Seamless from Scheduling to Time and Attendance

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

Nowsta has saved us a lot of time scheduling staff and exporting the time and attendance data for payroll.

Pros

We like the time clock app that our managers can download to clock in our staff anywhere. The ease of requesting staff, sending messages, etc. through the platform is great.

Cons

We are eagerly awaiting a way for our staff to communicate back to us through the app. Currently, it is only one-way messaging outward.

Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Smooth Transition and easy to use!

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

From the initial conversation, to the implementation, I have been fully on board! I'm excited to know they are constantly working on how to make the software as useful as possible and I'm not sure how our company went so long with out it!

Pros

This software is so user friendly! We have a VERY wide range of employees that range from savvy to beginner in the tech department. The transition to this app/website was seamless for everyone involved. I love how you can compartmentalize almost every aspect of information on both the administrative side as well as the user side. It takes me less than 1 minute to create an event, and about the same for our employees to choose whether or not they are able to work. It's great from start to finish!
I also love that employees can choose how they receive notifications. Very customizable to how they use their phones.

Cons

The biggest thing I wish this software had was an app from the admin side. Although the browser is esthetically pleasing, I would like to get push notifications as the administrator.

Shelby

Nowsta Review

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Pros

It’s super easy to use and there are (so far) no glitches. The last thing you want is a program messing up mid scheduling. I love being able to rate employees and it’s super easy for my staff to see all the details of the shifts they’re working. It also reminds them to show up 2 hours prior!

Cons

Nothing so far. Obviously it’s constantly updating which can be a pain but it’s worth it to have a nice easy to use software

Sarah

Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

The entire Nowsta team has been responsive and easy to work with!

The entire Nowsta team has been responsive and easy to work with!

Pros

The ease of use and integration with Total Party Planner

Cons

We would like there to be an option that an administrator is able to clock in/out employees without having to be the event owner.

Cameron

• Customer Support Software

Nowsta has been GREAT for our company

Reviewed on 11/10/2023

Nowsta has helped us streamline staffing for our events and allowed us to focus on building the best teams for our clients. Through Nowsta's many features, we're able to manage and communicate better with our clients and our staff, creating better and stronger events teams all around.

Pros

We love the accessibility and ease of use for each of our team members. Our staff consists of young and old, and everyone seems to understand how to use the app. Getting updated that everyone has clocked in is a great feature, especially when you're running a lot of events daily. The reminders that you have a shift coming up when you're 3 days out, and then again 3 hours out are great too! Lastly, we love being able to see the last time a staff member logged into the app, this helps us manage the teams more accurately.

Cons

We struggle most with the clock in/out feature. It's likely a user error, but we get the most complaints about this feature. When it does work, it's great!

Lisa

I've threatened to quit if I can't have Nowsta

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

I was with another company before the pandemic in the same role, and used Nowsta there. So I pushed hard to get it at my new job, and it has made scaling up our post-pandemic operations much easier. I've also found that the Nowsta gnomes are great about integrating feedback and working out new features.

Pros

I love how fast I can work with Nowsta--building events, assigning staff, sending out information, moving people around from event to event, duplicating events, attaching pdfs with information that my teams will need. The mobile app is much easier for my team to use than our old system. The different kinds of reports I can generate are useful. And it's fun, compared to the alternatives I've worked with or researched. Other products may have the same functionality, but are harder to navigate or require more keystrokes to do basic things. Nowsta is responsive, robust, and clear.

Cons

Our one big challenge is that Nowsta can't export to the .iif format that our particular version of QuickBooks needs, and we're still looking for a workaround. But it works with a lot of other systems, our experience shouldn't put you off.

Jared

Nowsta Lowers My Stress Level

Reviewed on 11/07/2023

Overall, I am completely impressed with the functionality, ease of use, and practicality of this product. It increases my quality of life because it is so helpful and user friendly that it significantly lowers my stress level. Thanks, again.

Pros

Nowsta is so intuitive and helpful that I honestly enjoy my time using the program. I am able to visualize and focus on the teams and venues I am staffing rather than stress about difficult logistics of a program (which is common in other programs I use). It is incredibly fluid and simple in use for an aspect of my job that is actually very complicated. I would recommend Nowsta to anyone who spends a significant portion of their day filling any type of employee shifts. Thanks for your hand work, Nowsta!

Cons

I don't have a good understanding of how to compare employee work/hour allocation relative to specific types of events. Perhaps better illustrative data representation would help. It's also possible that I just don't know how to find or use these already accessible features.

Laura

Great Employee Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 01/06/2023

Nowsta has been fairly responsive to our requests to improve the product and their customer service is fantastic and quick to respond (and troubleshoot issues).

Pros

Nowsta is an essential scheduling and timeclock tool in our catering company. Employees in the field can easily get shift information including GPS directions, times, and uniform requirements They also can log breaks and timeclock info. Shift requests are easy and simple to respond to for employees. We have been using Nowsta for many years and are very happy with it.

Cons

I wish that Nowsta was a little easier to use for scheduling full time employees with somewhat regular shifts. They have a weekly scheduler in beta mode, but it is still clunky and doesn't allow you to schedule employees without entering individual daily shifts. Other programs we have used allowed us to Enter a shift and then click a box for which days of the week that shift applied to.

William

• Customer Support Software

Nowsta makes us a force to recon with in our industry

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

I am very happy with the way everything has been going and plan to use the Nowsta app until I retire

Pros

I love both the desktop in the mobile app. Thanks to Nowsta we have a very easy time communicating with our staff in real time.

Cons

Just like any other sort of technology today it takes a little getting used to. We were coming from an antiquated system to something fresh and new, but the team walked us through everything step-by-step, and make sure that we understand every aspect of the app..

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Great product makes my life easier

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Doing payroll used to take me anywhere from 1-6 hours depending on how busy we were and how many people were working. After we switched to Nowsta, I usually have payroll done in 30 minutes. We do schedules on a weekly basis and I used to have to do the schedule in Excel, then change it to a PDF and then email it to all the staff along with where they were meeting for events. It took me forever to do. With Nowsta, everything is right in the app and it cuts the time in half. Also, with people being able to punch in from their phones, there is no longer paper needed. All of the staff is very helpful and quick to get back to you if you reach out to them.

Pros

Nowsta cuts my scheduling time at least in half. It also takes me a quarter of the time to do payroll. Easier for employees to punch in and out.

Cons

Some issues with the app freezing. People with android have had issues using the app. There is no way for staff members to put in extended periods of time off in the app (vacatin or PTO or what not)

Sam

• Customer Support Software

Switching to Nowsta was the best improvement we have made to our staffing department in years!

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

The biggest has been reduced labor because the software is so easy to use on both the admin and employee sides of things. We used to spend so much time fiddling with a product that was difficult for the employees, thereby making it difficult for admins. Hours were spent trying to figure out why they couldn't clock in/out, changing passwords, resetting accounts, an on and on. For this reason, everyone has jumped on board and really embraced Nowsta (and really loves it), which if you've every changed to a different software that you had been using for years, you know is a tall order. In addition to reduced labor, it has reduced our stress, which is hard to put a price tag on!

Pros

The user interface is very clean and easy to use. Our entire organization has rallied around the software and thoroughly enjoys using it not only to check their schedule and clock in/out, but also to communicate with their teammates, view pertinent information relating to their event, and the ability to rate staff (even us old folks born before the age of smartphones find it easy to use)! Clocking in/out is now a breeze, and the process of approving shifts for time & attendance has reduced our labor and errors tremendously. And perhaps most importantly, the customer support is extremely fast and responsive. If you ever have any question, they are certain to receive your message and get you an answer in a very timely manner!

Cons

There really aren't any cons to list here as things that we think could be improved are being addressed by their team! So, what we like least is that we didn't have it years ago!

Desiree
Desiree

• Customer Support Software

Never Been So Efficiently Staffed!

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

Pros

We started using NOWSTA almost 2 years ago and it has made scheduling so much more efficient. We use it throughout our company - from servers and bartenders, to kitchen, warehouse, and office workers. The platform is user friendly for both schedulers and staff. Our Staffing Coordinator of almost 13 years says we have never been fully staffed so early for our events! And she doesn't have to rely on temporary staff as much anymore because we are staffed more efficiently.
Bonus - Nowsta's email newsletters are very informative and concise in the topics of labor laws, staffing trends, and other topics related to our industry.

Cons

Nothing major that I am aware of! Overall, it works well.

Abigail

Nowsta Review

Reviewed on 24/05/2023

My experiences have been all positive! It is a great platform that helps our company function efficiently.

Pros

I love how easy Nowsta is to learn and work with. It makes scheduling over 150+ employees easier than I could have ever imagined! The support team is so incredibly quick to respond and help with any issues that arise.

Cons

I would love it if the app had a few more features, such as removing or adding staff to an event.

Response from Nowsta

Hey Abigail,
Thanks for the Nowsta love - we love hearing feedback from our customers. I wanted to follow up to learn more about "removing or adding" staff to an event, as this should be an easy task. Don't hesitate to contact me, and I would be happy to provide more clarity.

Timothy
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

• Customer Support Software

Nowsta is everything you need and more.

Reviewed on 04/10/2023

Outstanding program. More than worth its price. Incredible app and mobile integration.

Pros

Extremely easy to integrate into our organization. We had gone from 4 different programs for 4 years and now we've stuck with Nowsta for almost 3. It does everything we need simply and effectively, the ease of use is the most I like about Nowsta.

Cons

Only thing is I wish it paired with apple calendar.

Melissa

Staffing Manager Review

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

Pros

Nowsta makes my life so much easier. It also helps me catch when I make mistakes on times and dates.

Cons

I wish that when I started doing the staffing I would had some one on one training. It has a lot of cool features that I had to figure out on my own.

Response from Nowsta

Hi Melissa,

We have weekly webinars/training that you are welcome to attend.
Here is some additional information.
Best,