Nowsta

Workforce management tool to handle payroll & work shifts

4.9 /5 (107 reviews) Write a Review!

Cameron G.

• Customer Support Software

A world of difference, leagues beyond the next in line.

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

The employees can see exactly how lucrative shifts are, and easily sign up for shifts. Requesting staff is so simple, and scheduling them is even simpler. I can't say enough good things about the ease of access.

Pros

The accessibility is so optimized, it takes only two minutes to get someone up to speed on how to use it. The metrics it tracks, and volume of information readily available to both employees and admins is second to none.

Cons

The live-update features occasionally don't work, and you'll need to reload to see changes. It's not a big issue, it's just that they occasionally do work, so you usually just need to refresh to make sure.

Larry F.

Nowsta review

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

A+

Pros

The Nowsta Team is remarkable and very willing to customize.

Cons

Nothing except we don’t have enough business now to use it to its fullest capacity.

Celeste M.

Great and easy App

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Since using the Nowsta app its been a lot easier to book weekly jobs
Overall Great App to use for your company

Pros

Numerous things but the main thing is that employees can get paid 24 to 48 hours after they're shift is approved.

Cons

I didn't like that I couldn't send out a weekly timesheet, but later this was resolved and now we can send out a weekly timesheet.

Clark K.

Staffing made simple

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Pros

Nowsta makes it so easy to staff events! The platform is very user intuitive and it's easy to know when someone accepts vs declines a shift. The rating system is very helpful, the time and attendance tracker makes life so much easier, and not to mention the Nowsta team always is incredibly friendly, helpful and responds to messages right away.

Cons

I wish there was a message history of all the announcements I send staff - whether a text or email it would be nice to have a history as a reference or to copy and paste from.

Albert A.

Efficiency Is the Key

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

I like the feature to sync my Google calendar, this keeps me up to date on certain reminders. Also the feature to pull up past jobs assist my staff in reminders on repeat clients. We periodically update our Uniform requirements through the app so our staff will be aware of any changes. All around efficient for the company!

Pros

My staff and I love using this app! I enjoy the option to send out a message to all staff and them being able to get it instantly. I appreciate the Geo-Clock in feature also, this keeps my staff on task when we work events. They can see how many hours worked and can calculate their paychecks with ease.

Cons

All features are pretty seamless, maybe an option to take a picture in the app. My staff has reported that they can't clock in periodically due to low signal, but maybe that is a phone carrier issue.

Alin M.

Nowsta is awesome!

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Our experience with the software, the Nowsta team and our implementation a few years ago has been nothing short of an excellent!

Pros

I love that Nowsta provides an easy-to-use platform for both employers and employees. The feature to text requests and updates to employees is fast and makes for a more efficient scheduling process.

Cons

I don't like the new multi-page listing of employees to pick from when doing scheduling.

Stacey H.

Organized Staffing

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

Nowsta has made scheduling and payroll so much easier to deal with. I don't have to hunt down staff to make sure they have their schedule, because they sign up for their shifts. I don't have to decipher time cards that have written in messages or double punches that overwrite each other. So much easier to deal with!

Pros

Since switching to Nowsta, it has become so much easier to keep staff organized and get them scheduled. The rating system also helps managers communicate about individual staff members whom may need a little extra training, or who really deserve a pat on the back. Keeping track of hours at mulitple sites is also a great asset. I really appreciate having this software available for us to use.

Cons

When an event cancels or postpones, it is difficult to remove it from the system. I've had the software reinstate staff when I went through and deleted them. I believe the administrator has brought this to your attention.

Ivy M.

Reports are perfect!

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Simplified the process for us so much

Pros

I love the Payroll reports, it may be simple to everyone else but I used to spend my Sundays adding up hours for each event and different rate for all my staff. Also the remote clock in at events is perfect.

Cons

Every once in a while my staff flakes on hitting the "done" button and it won't clock them in or out

Matt P.

Great product!

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

Pros

The team at Nowsta is always updating and improving their software and they listen to the needs of their customers.

Cons

Access to one aspect of the feedback on staff is not as intuitive and streamlined as it could be.

Camille Y.

Nowsta is a breeze!

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

So far so good! Its been great and easy to use. I highly recommend.

Pros

This software is easy to use and fast! I can update a schedule and the employee is instantly notified by text and email! It's so efficient and effective. I love it - it has really had things faster on the scheduling end.

Cons

No cons yet - I have found everything very easy to use!

Fernando L.

Staffing = Nowsta

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

I can staff my events from anywhere. I can use my phone, laptop, and tablet to get things done fast and easy.

Pros

Love that it's easy to use and has a super clean layout to it. Anyone can use it!

Cons

I don't think I have any cons at the moment. The Nowsta team has been very helpful and understanding with our business' needs.

Emily R.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Nowsta has helped us to realize our true labor costs at events as well as cut my time in half dealing with staffing. It has been a great experience from the get go & it has made my life so much easier!

Pros

My favorite thing about Nowsta is how easy it is to use. It took almost no time at all to figure it out & start using it.

Cons

The only con I have come across (& I ended up finding a solution to) was that I could not connect an address to a client. We do a lot of in home private events for repeat clients & it would have been helpful to be able to click on a clients name & have their address automatically populate.

Matthew R.

• Customer Support Software

NOWSTA IS THE BEST!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

To put in short without being overly dramatic, Nowsta is one of the main reasons why Modern Event Staffing sees the success it does today!

Pros

How it has helped me take my company to the next level through ease of use, organization and every aspect of the application!

Cons

Have not found any aspect of the application that has not been useful!

Kevin D.

• Customer Support Software

Great asset for our business.

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Great! I have recommended the software to other industry leaders.

Pros

I enjoyed the features that made it easier to shuffle staff around between events from the sorted event screen.

Cons

The small glitches, that have progressively cleared up very well over the course of us using it.

Cameron D.

• Customer Support Software

We switched to Nowsta and you should too

Reviewed on 02/03/2020

This software has been a gamechanger for our organization.

Pros

The ease of use has been the key factor amongst our team. Getting notifications immediately via their app has provided us a much higher success rate in booking teams for our events. The ability to 'clock in' within a certain proximity to the event space is a wonderful feature for us too.

Cons

Lack of integration with google calendars if you're an admin. Works perfectly if you're an employee booking gigs, just not for admins, as of now.

Randi L.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Life saver

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

I've enjoyed using Nowsta. It's made staffing so much less frustrating.

Pros

I love the ease of use. That you know at a glance how your event staffing is going.

Cons

Ther only thing I don't like is that you are not able to actually delete a staffer. Or flag them to keep them separate, all you can do is archive them.

Nicole M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Simple Software!

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

Pros

Very easy to navigate the website and schedule/assign shifts. I appreciate the daily and weekly summaries to track shift fulfillment, as well.

Cons

I wish there was a way to copy events from day-to-day to save time inputing (example: assign an employee 9-5pm Monday-Friday).

Erinne O.

Love using Nowsta

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Good! Easy to use

Pros

Easy staffing and notifications to the staff

Cons

Pulls wrong time some time, confusion with addresses

Rj M.

Great Software

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Top notch

Pros

All of the features and how easy it is to setup

Cons

It would be awesome if there was a way to automatically calculate travel pay for employees.

Dean B.

Essential Partner

Reviewed on 27/12/2020

Like most businesses in the events industry, most of our employees are 1099 / Contract employees, who are critical to our success. Nowsta greatly enhances to manage this workforce.

Pros

NOWSTA provides the necessary and essential components of hourly staffing

Cons

Like every system, changes are constant.

David H.

• Customer Support Software

Intuitive scheduling for catering events

Reviewed on 28/09/2019

We are saving 1-2 hrs per week making the schedule and at least 10 hrs a week of admin time that used to be spent texting, calling etc. Now it's all centralized with more control delegated to captains, etc.

Pros

Great customer support team with active development on a best in class platform with a solid codebase to support future iterations.
App recently modernized and continued improvements in reporting allow for oversight and quantitative analysis

Cons

Doesn't include payroll, but it syncs with many others! Only real con I can think of

Jane B.

Game-Changer!

Reviewed on 04/09/2020

As the HR Manager I use Nowsta daily to reconcile timekeeping, confirm current and previous employee scheduling, access data for reporting to local and state governments, and availability of information via the freeform Incident Entry. Our Ops Director loves the ease of forecasting and entering scheduling details and the seamless way it communicates to our staff.

Pros

Easy access and use of employee and event details and scheduling. Not a bunch of superfluous, irrelevant data - everything I need is at my fingertips.

Cons

I wish there was a free-form text to add to the employee name with info such as their badge number that would populate on the Timesheet. Other than that I love everything about this software!

Dan K.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Nowsta Pay - employee benefit

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

It has been great and still continues to be positive. They are quick to respond and help with any issues, the software has cut down our work hours, so my team is very pleased and our employees feel like we added an extra benefit by allowing them to use Nowsta Pay. Win/win overall.

Pros

Nowsta Pay- being able to have employees pull their money when they choose is a huge perk and it allowed us to go from a weekly pay cycle to biweekly saving time us time and money.

Cons

Nothing negative- we had to add a few custom items for a few niches we do, but they were developed by the Nowsta team quickly.

Salina M.

Support at its finest

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

Five Stars.

Polite, Professional, Collaborative and Creative. Couldnt ask for a better team to work with for staffing 300+ employees daily, year round.

Pros

how easy it is to use and how its even easier to get support from the Nowsta team at any point. The Nowsta team is always keeps it real professional and if they cant help with a solution on their end, they offer to help make one in the near future, which generally is executed in record time.

Cons

Anything I haven't liked, the Nowsta team has been able to integrate into the software for the most part.

Ryan C.

• Customer Support Software

Best event-based scheduling tool I've seen.

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Overall, I've been very pleased. The best testament to our success with Nowsta is the praise and gratitude from my team members who use it the most. They love it far more than any other option we've tried.

Pros

Nowsta addresses and solves all the issues and shortcomings of trying to use non-event based software for an event based company like ours.

Cons

The existing reports are great, but I wish that customized reports were more readily and quickly available.