Rotageek

Changing scheduling for good.

4.7/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.9/5

Curtis J.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

RotaGeek is more than just a rota software

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Pros

I find RotaGeek so quick and simple moreover the whole company use RotaGeek creating a universal Rota language!
The interfaces are awesome.
But the thing I really love about it is the instant support by the chat function... the team are always on hand in mins and always up for a laugh and joke creating laughter during putting rotas together shouldn’t be a ‘thing’ but it really is

Cons

If only It fed into our HR software or vice Versa at the moment if we put someone sick in RotaGeek we have to copy it over on to SF.

Jorja W.

Helpful tool

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

My overall experience with rota geek is really good and I would recommend people to use it all the time

Pros

It's very easy to navigate and it's clear on how it displays scheduling for all staff members.
It helps as it's a clear indicator or who had paid holiday, sick leave etc and helps me work out exactly what hours everyone has worked so I can complete payroll correctly.

The app is convenient to have downloaded and makes applying for holiday requests quick and simple. All staff will get notifications about any and all changes to their timetable as well.
It shows using colour sections the difference between the type of shifts and lengths making it easy to see and understand even with a quick glance.

Cons

There should be features added such as important message notifications that can be written and provided to all staff members so they can have an electronic format no matter what goes on.

Liam T.

Usability of Rotageek

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Pros

How easy it is to view and edit schedules, apply leave, sickness and then it all pulls together in one system

Cons

Not a user friendly screen when using your mobile

Jean T.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

• Customer Support Software

It's improving and getting better

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

At Lush we started around 2 year ago and they decided to stop and we are using again now. I can see very good improvements but still some opportunities to be better.
Overall it's being good comparing with the old system.

Pros

Scheduler, copy schedule for other weeks, timesheet changes time improvements, the fact if the user don't clock in the hours worked will show anyway.

Cons

It's taking away too long to delete or add hours on timesheet. It's more than 1 minute for each change so if you have more then 200 employees it's terrible. For changing times it's ok, but for delete or add...

Sophie P.

• Customer Support Software

Great roya system, so easy to use

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Pros

Usability and the customer support is great. Whenever I have a query it is answered within minutes

Cons

How easy it is to accidentally make a change and not know what you've done by mistake.

Will M.

• Customer Support Software

Forward thinking, productive & inclusive!

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

It’s been wonderful, after using other softwares and really struggling Rotageek has been a piece of cake

Pros

The most impactful element of Rotageek is the customer service that comes with it, help is available at any time and will also respond within minutes to answer questions.

Cons

I would like to be able to add notes at the top of the schedule for each day rather than only be able to make notes for the whole week.

• Customer Support Software

Rotageek is the easier rota tracker EVER

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Pros

Really easy to use and manage. You can type any information you want to keep under control and it’s really helpful

Cons

Sometimes was a little bit slow to access from the phone app. It didn’t display all the info that you can easily access from the laptop

Sharon A.

Easy and helpful

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Pros

Great software for rostering. Great for ease of communication with colleagues.

Cons

The shift scheduling when you need to put in 2 separate shifts for the same colleague on the same day, and it doesn’t really cooperate

Amy R.

Easy

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

It good, its updated staight away, it gives u alerts so u dont forget when ur working

Pros

Easy to use, clear, can check at any time

Cons

Not being able to change my holiday request. Can add new dates but cant ask to exstend appoved holiday

cromulant

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

really good

Pros

ease of use, fast support, adaptable, just aims to keep things simple

Cons

more control from a store level on settings, (ie cant change standard break times which asre set from head office but wrong)

Jessica D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Overall a great tool, useful and easy to use.

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Overall a really happy user, there are some minor irritations but nothing that would make me look elsewhere, and the excellent customer support and frequent updates are especially gratifying.

Pros

For the most part it is easy and intuitive to use. It's easy to create and to edit shifts, customise with colours/shift names, it alerts colleagues immediately when shifts have changed. The app is great for a visual snapshot of published shifts that all users can access. If there are ever any issues, there is always someone on the live chat who can help straight away, and although I've only used this help service approx 3-4 times in the entire time I've been a rotageek user, they have always been exceptionally helpful and resolved my issue/answered my question immediately. I have no basis for comparison but I'd have no reason to want to try different software, I'm a happy user and it often gets minor updates which only improve the experience.

Cons

It's sometimes a little glitchy, eg when deleting a shift to enter a new one it sometimes takes time before it will let you enter a new one (whereas editing works immediately), although this could be poor Internet connection. An 'undo' button would be a useful addition as I occasionally move a shift by accident and can't work out where I moved it from! But aside from this, the worst thing is that it's sometimes a bit slow to get going.

Gary T.

• Customer Support Software

Great Tool and saves a lot of time

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

I helped with the implementation and roll out of rotageek and since we launched it as a business it has evolved and at each stage the upgrades have been a benefit and have made sense. The support offered is great and quick too.

Pros

I like the fact that I can see multi site rotas, making it easier to plan my weeks so that I can visit stores when the right people are working. It saves me a lot of time callig ahead and I can make more ad-hoc visits.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that holiday allowances cannot be amended if the timesheets have been signed off and a holiday has had to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

RotaCloud

Reasons for Switching to Rotageek

The business made this decision and I believe it was due to sap integration and having a more flexible product.
Daniel F.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use but rich in data

Reviewed on 08/06/2021

Pros

Although my company provided training on how to use Rotageek I can honestly say it is not needed as the day to day useage is really intuitive. The customer support that I've had to use in the rare occurance was extremely fast and effective. The mobile app is great for my entire team and the leave tracking makes light work of an important part of the work life balance in my business.

Cons

I feel like there is so much more to the software I havent dug deep in to yet so Im sure any problems or wants for me might already be there waiting.

Rebecca G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

• Customer Support Software

RotaGeek is a huge win for employees!

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

I generally think it is a huge time saver and its so powerful to give employees the opportunity to view and consider their own leave and sickness levels, have access to their shifts and holiday requests on-the-go - everything really. I think it's been of huge benefit to them especially.

Pros

All info relevant to Timesheets, holiday allowance, shifts etc is now kept in one place rather than over 3 or 4 seperate documents. Staff can easily access their own information as they should be able to, and they have their shifts shared directly to them as soon as they're available.

Cons

I would like the scheduler to be more compact although this may be irrelevant when I start to use the auto-scheduling feature as I'll look at it for less time!
I would like for copied shifts to be copied verbatim - breaks, shift names, any notes etc. Copying a shift is supposed to save time but at the moment I still have to edit every break, add in notes again, change colours.
I would like for employees on Timesheets to display in the same order as they do on Scheduler to make checking off the time sheet more user-friendly.
When printed, I'd like the printed version to represent what is shown on the scheduler screen - any coloured shifts currently print in a very faint grey rather than their highlighted colour. (I have checked my printer settings and I am printing in colour).

rotageek - geek

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

Benefits of using Rota geek compared to other systems I've used previously are fantastic - would highly recommend.

Pros

ease of use is second to none- support team are fantastic and integration of pay roll was easy !

Cons

- a couple of Aesthetic changes happened in early days but this was none disruptive

Nikki W.

• Customer Support Software

Great system for Area Managers, Recruitment, Payroll and Team Members alike!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017

Managing the personnel out in the field in one place - their work schedules, changes to rotas, and their contact details

Pros

Accessibility to live schedules - with over 60 stores in the UK it allows Area Managers that are constantly on the road, Recruitment at Head Office and Payroll to view exactly what is happening at each store.
Team Member details are easily accessible when we need to contact them or make any amendments.
When Team Members (sub-contractors) submit their invoices, it allows an easy method of cross checking for payments.

Cons

Trying to find out historical data can be a bit challenging at times. This has improved since the 'delete' option was replaced with 'deactivated', as we can now reactivate a Team Member's details if needed.
The other challenge, has been if any changes have been made to any details - customer support cannot always advise who has made these changes or when, so it makes it difficult to be able to apply any training to avoid a repeat of changes that have caused issues.

Richard Q.

pros & cons

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

i become very frustrated with the system at the start then managed to find a calm way of scheduling the teams i needed to- then the functions changed and what used to take me 30mins is now taking roughly 60/90mins which is costly.

Pros

as a toll to record hours worked it is better than previous- however on a day i would get at least 5/8 emails from the team asking me to amend their hours as it has clocked them out/not recorded the day/app didn't work.
it is a pro for the team to be able to see their schedule on an app
it is a pro to have the holiday accreument available.
paying team members who work across multiple sites is a plus.

Cons

i preferred when you could re order the employees - no idea why this function changed.
when you copy and paste a shift if a short shift it reverts to a 30min break when for us many still take 60mins time consuming and if missed costs the bussiness.
time it takes for employees to appear.

Phil J.

• Customer Support Software

I couldn't imagine my working week without Rotageek.

Reviewed on 01/11/2020

We use this application / software daily for scheduling and planning. I find it extremely easy to build schedules and my team really do find the app convenient for remaining up to date. On the rare occasion where we have needed so additional support, the Rotageek customer services are always on hand and able to quickly resolve our queries. I couldn't imagine my working week without Rotageek.

Pros

It's easy to access Rotageek either by the desktop link of the simple to use Mobile App. Being able to drag and drop shifts into my teams schedule is super efficient, which means I can build robust schedules quickly and therefor invest more of my time in other areas of our business.

Cons

I really can not fault the Rotageek Software or Mobile Application.

Helen L.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Work in progress still - not fully 100% there yet to what we need it to do - can see improvements happening but the bugs aren’t good.

Pros

App for the staff and it syncing to your calendar. Staff love also seeing who else is in and the ease of holiday request and so do I with no paper.

I’m seeing it learning but it’s very slow at the same time.

Cons

Currently it has a bug in it since wed and last I check it still is ant working which is resulting in lots and lots of manual adjustment and it keeps crashing and deleting lunches when you go it edit.

The main thing for me is it overlaps lunches and with COVID this isn’t practical for us. You can’t see when lunches are so this means you have to go through each shift individually and edit to see then if they over lap go through and edit so they are not then edit again if this impacts the qty of staff at certain times - majority of times lunches can all be separated but the system needs to make sure they are so it reduces editing as currently it’s taking around an hour to do a schedule.

I have also over Oct had to force days off in for my management team over weekends as I let it run in sept freely and it was constantly putting all management in over sat and Sun every week and it was noticed by the team.

It also has a tendency of certain staff get all the extra hours when it should be shared out with the team.

Also if with decide to print the dashboard lunches disappear of it which results in a pencil and ruler coming out.

Warren B.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Rotageek for the average user

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Overall I am very happy with the software.

Pros

I open the app on my iPhone, or iPad, or via a link in an email or by logging into the desktop. It just works.. I can see my next duty, who I’m working with and where. Everything I need in one easy to read screen. I can manage my annual leave from the app, easily and without fuss. The app even tells me when there is an update ! As a user of the end product it does everything I need it to. I’m not involved in programming my hours or accepting my leave requests, but my Manager seems to manage it and she’s not the most tech savvy person I’ve worked with, so it is probably straight forward to add shifts etc.

Cons

I actually don’t think there is anything I can criticise this software for, I does what I need it to, when I need it to.

James C.

Rotageek Review

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Customer service is brilliant and overall the system is very easy to use.

Pros

Product is extremely easy to use and having the ability to have it on your phone with the app is brilliant. Highly recommend

Cons

As a company we have varying shift patterns every week and it would be handy to have an 'Day Off' marker available to use when organising the rota for staff members days off that week. This would be visually beneficial for myself when organising the rota but also for team members to indicate their days off rather than just leaving it blank on the rota and when the team member is not taking annual leave.

Additionally if you were able to publish one individual team members rota when you have allotted unpublished shifts to other team members rather than having to publish the whole rota at once.

Matthew C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

It could be great

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Over all Rotageek is a great tool to use. The staff love using it, their only gripe is that the app can sometimes be unreliable. It is really easy to use to create a rota for multiple teams and a large number of employees. Holiday , leave requests and sickness are straight forward to manage.

Pros

The possibilities are amazing but I feel the parameters are set by people who don't understand what the end users need. It is too rigid and not a lot of room to move when we have to go by parameters that are set by a head office that don't understand the operation.

Cons

I think the software is a amazing but there is just to many limitations put on it by the powers that be.

Julie M.

In store experience

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

From what software we where using before it’s night and day of a different right staff right tim. I love how everything is on the app . All employees can see clearly what shifts are required and can set a calendar reminder.

Pros

I like how you can clearly see all employees details of shifts and break in order. You can tailor what you see to your settings

Cons

When doing a rota from temple it doesn’t always give you what you ask for. I always double check the rotas as some random errors can happen. I have used the chat device to ask for support on this on many occasions.

Maria A.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Rotageek has made communication between the team, in terms of rotas, a lot easier. Especially during these times where staff numbers are reduced and I don't see members as much. It makes posting schedules and the team members requesting leave etc really easy.

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to use. Easy layout to separate each task. Also very customisable to fit each brand/company's needs.

Cons

Scheduler could be improved if you could select staff to view on it and others to be hidden. When changes to the order of the staff it made sometimes it has be reordered without me changing settings.

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

The chat function is excellent, and the team are always friendly and quick to support. You feel like you are talking to a real person, who is invested in your business and wants to help as quickly as possible. It is a large business with a small one-to-one feel.

Pros

The scheduling system is very user friendly, for both back of house and on the app. It is extremely easy to communicate to the team.

Cons

It can be difficult to alter details for staff members without gaining constant permissions. We are a large team that continuously changes so some autonomy for Manger users would be useful.