Kiwi for Gmail Reviews

Jessi
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Solves my multiple gmail account problems

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

I have 5 gmail accounts for different businesses and need them all accessible. Gmail doesn't have a native app to see them all on my mac and it bogs Chrome down to have it all open. With Kiwi, all my accounts are accessible, my most used google docs are accessible, and none of it affects Chrome

Pros

All my five gmail accounts are in one program and not bogging down Chrome.

Cons

I wish google photos was one of the options.

Shift and Google Chrome

Reasons for Choosing Kiwi for Gmail

Shift was too expensive and harder to use.

Shift

Reasons for Switching to Kiwi for Gmail

Cost and features.
Charles

Great desktop for Google

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Very positive with a relatively quick response to issues.

Very positive with a relatively quick response to issues.

Pros

All the applications in one place. Clean appearance and ease of use.

Cons

Some of the pop ups overlap the screen, for example adding a new contact by using the details from an email the pop up for the contacts opens up and hides the email address and footer.

Hoan
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

• Customer Support Software

Great Concept but room for improvements

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

Overall I don't think I could work daily without it. My only gripe is the resource issues that come up from time to time.

Pros

The feature that I use the most is the multiple email accounts. I am constantly switching between them daily. The window popup feature is nice as well.

Cons

Performance issues. I have tried on multiple computers and seem to have the same issues in the end. I am in IT so I understand bloatware, memory, processors, etc. This could be the only application running and it would just eat up the processor and memory at times to a point where I have to wait to use it. It's not the computer this happens to every computer I use. I really need the capability to move between my email accounts daily so I just deal with it. I have found that when an update is released it usually works well for a bit then goes back to being a resource hog again. Some things that help is I would reboot weekly and see if it clears things up a bit.

Juan
  • Industry: Insurance Software

• Customer Support Software

A premium program that does not make much of a difference in managing gmail accounts.

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

It is a good program but it needs important improvements on the things I mentioned above. In my opinion you get pretty much what Gmail already offers but you are paying a premium for it. At least for what my needs are.

Pros

Is easy to access as an app on the mac desktop.

Cons

It is hard to differentiate between accounts, there's colors assigned but when you have several accounts that does not help. the account names should be visible all the time on the menu, they are greyed out and in a very small and difficult font to read, annoying. No way to search on all mailboxes at once, it makes it cumbersome to find an email when you are not sure which address it was sent to. This is a huge miss in my opinion for this program. Gmail does a much better job on this.For me is a deal breaker. It keeps asking to verify passwords every few days on each account as well, this is time consuming and it kind of defeats the purpose of having a "one in all" email program.

Nik
  • Industry: Design

The Missing Gmail App

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

The M1 version of Kiwi is MUCH faster than running under Rosetta - so this app does everything I need, and at a speed I can finally use.

Pros

Having a standalone app that my Mac can use as the default mail app is great. I can have multiple accounts open at once, and even jump straight to my Google Drive files.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about the software is the embossed/indented text showing the account name at the top of the app.
A way to ONLY show notifications from the primary inbox would be great - I don't need notifications for promo emails.
A quick way to access a dark mode, without using Gmail Themes would be great.
Having the option to use more standard shortcuts would be great eg: use the delete key to delete emails. The Gmail shortcuts are horrible.

Timothy

My Secret Weapon....

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

I love this product and recommend it to anyone who cares to listen, and I swear by it to anyone who won't.

Pros

As someone who spends a lot of time answering emails, then having to set up a calendar invite/schedule meetings, KIWI Mail has been a real game-changer. Now admittedly, I use the free version because I only really use it with my school account on my district-issued computer. Anyone who has used a Macbook knows that your RAM gets bogged down when multiple windows are open, especially in CHrome. And since our Ed Suite is all web-based, you need multiple tabs open to get things done. KIWI optimizes all of that running those other functions (other than email) as an app instead of through the browser certainly has sped things up for me. Also, its functionality and efficiency at having what I need available to me without having to open tabs and navigate through something has been huge.

Cons

If I had one request it would be to add a Google Classroom launch from the app. I couldn't find an add-on. That is the only thing missing from my type of use. Thank you for an awesome product.

Abe
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Great Software!

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

For me, Kiwi is a great discovery, in a world where you have only a browser and outlook for emails, a company that dares to bring unique experience and productivity with email is definitely something I appreciate.

Pros

I liked the fact that Kiwi is "taking out" gmail/G-Suite from the browser - Using a browser for emails is a nightmare. The ability to take it out for an independent tool, but at the same time keep the spirit and direction of Gmail is brilliant!

Cons

I would like the software to fully support "Dark Mode" - I mean in the email body as well, not only in the UI.
Also, to have tighter support with 3rd party like Rightinbox for example where I have a specific problem with integration with one of my accounts.

Brandi
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Kiwi for Gmail

Reviewed on 28/07/2023

Pros

I like that I can use this app for my Gmail on my Mac. Because there is no Google or Gmail app for Mac computers.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I can complain about this product.

Paul
Paul
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Kiwi puts the "suite" back in G suite

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Overall I love the product and have recommended it to several colleagues.

Overall I love the product and have recommended it to several colleagues.

Pros

As a long time MS Office user I found the switch to G suite painful when the last company I worked for moved us over in 2017. Fortunately I found Kiwi which actually makes the Google apps work together and feel like a suite. The email interface is also a vast improvement.

Cons

There are times when it freezes up and I have to exit and restart.

Sean
Sean
  • Industry: Publishing

Everything you need to ease your Google Suite woes

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

Extremely satisfying.

Extremely satisfying.

Pros

Kiwi allows me to keep an eye on my multiple Google Suite accounts with ease. It never feels anything less than full-featured, and with nine email accounts currently linked to it, I never feel as though it's slowing down my computer.

Cons

I can honestly say there isn't anything I dislike about it. It does exactly what it says on the tin and that's exactly what I needed.

Tim
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

GMail with a cherry on top!

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

It has changed my workflow. I recommend it to everyone and anyone who uses the Google Educational Suite. At first look, it seems like there isn't much difference between that and the standard Gmail app. But again its functionality and efficiency make everything accessible with a simple click of a mouse without launching new tabs, gobbling up RAM. Wonderful product!

Pros

Layout. The layout looks identical to your web-based Gmail suite, but its layout allows you to launch/create anyone of the Google Educational Suite items such as Docs, Slides, or Sheets from a simple click of the mouse on the left side of the page. It's a subtle but incredibly efficient use of space. This is such an underrated function. The right side of the panel is identical to Gmail and allows you to chat, and launch your calendar or Zoom/WebX easily without leaving the frame. The best part? It does all of this functioning as an application so it requires a fraction of the RAM typically needed to have all of these things up and running simultaneously.

Cons

I only use the free version because I do not need to integrate multiple accounts. If I were a system administrator or department head requiring me sync multiple email address accounts then I would certainly pay for it. So if I were looking for cons, perhaps a bit more customization across the board, but especially with the free version. There aren't many cons to this application.

Response from Zive

Thanks so much for your glowing review, Tim! We love a raving Kiwi Fan!

Maria
  • Industry: Design

Best tool for organization

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Overalls I am extremely happy and I will definitely keep using this app for a very long time. It’s the best

Pros

I love that I can keep several accounts in just one app, including my personal email accounts. Also, it’s easy to customize and allows me to have a professional signature for my business accounts which is very important for me.
Being English Ku second la huave, I rely a lot in grammarly to make sure everything is well written and the fact that Kiwi allows me to have it installed is one of my favorite things

Cons

I wish it wasn’t so gmail looking but a more customizable interface. Also, I’ve had a glitch with new email notifications and although I have contacted customer support before, I’ve never received a response

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Kiwi for Gmail

More customizable emails
Steven
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

The Best Way to Use Google Workspace With Your Business

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Kiwi is a great product, I found them through various Google searches looking for a way to compartmentalize my daily use of the Google Workspace for my business. It does the trick, and it does it very well!

Pros

I am an IT engineer with over 20 years of professional experience. I have very critical of new software, especially products new to me. This is by far the best way to make Google Workspace feel like a dedicated desktop application without sacrificing any of the Google features. The user interface is clean and intuitive, everything works as expected, and is simple to figure out without pouring through documentation or online help.

Cons

I don't care for the licensing model for the enterprise product, there should be a perpetual or fixed version license option. I am not a big fan of subscription based licensing for desktop applications.

Jimmy
  • Industry: Construction Software

great product at an affordable price

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Pros

easy to navigate and use while having multiple tabs to check other multiple accounts

Cons

overall it is a very good product however the only thing that I see is that sometimes it gets stuck and i have to re-open for it to work well but lately it doesn't happen as often.

Tim

Rug Pull + Rude Customer Service

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

Pros

It's a great way to access the standard web interface of Gmail. It's nothing more than that though.

Cons

Kiwi charged users for Core Access in which they promised users full lifetime access to the software. Recently they "upgraded" the software and disabled all user accounts. This despite not adequately warning users of the change. Moreover, when contacted about this, customer service agents are condescending and rude.

chris

kiwi g-suite

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

When first joining the company used up a lot of browser tabs trying to keep up with Gmail/Calendar ...etc. Found Kiwi after trying several email clients (outlook, thunderbird ...etc.). It was exactly what I needed as I have mail and calendar in a single frame independent of my browser. Integrates to Zoom. The real benefits came when I upgraded to G-Suite which allows me to access Google based content (docs, sheets, drives) from one client. Been using it since Oct of 2019 and never looked back.

Pros

1) Gives centralized email/calendar frame ( company currently uses Gmail).
2) Access to google drives, docs, sheets ...etc. without burning yet another browser tab/window

Cons

Wish for more ways to custom categorize mail to specific groupings similar to more standard email clients.
Cleaner synchronization with OS notifications ( in my case Win 10).

Just Misses the Mark

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Kiwi claims to replicate the Gmail/Gsuite interface and for the most part, does. Unfortunately, the manner in which they integrate the parts and pieces forces just enough of a change in how I work that the software become obtrusive rather than assistive. Ultimately, I went back to forwarding all of the mail from one GSuite account to a primary account, and setting GSuite to "respond from the To account" which accomplished the majority of my goals without cost or additional software.

Pros

The software does what it says, allowing you to link and operate multiple GSuite/Google Workplace/Gmail accounts.

Cons

The interface is clunky. It is difficult to switch between accounts and know which account you are on. The overall effect feels more like having multiple accounts tossed open on a desktop instead of organized workspace. You could get more or less the same effect by having two browser windows open and clicking back and forth, without the additional software overhead.

Skip
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Good GSuite Email Client

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

Been a user for probably 3 or 4 years now and I can't live without it. I hate using gmail in a browser.

Pros

Allows you to have mailboxes and all of the other GSuite/Workspace functionality for an account all in one place. You can have multiple accounts setup in tabs and when you click the button for Drive/Calendar/Docs etc. it will open it for the account that you're tabbed into.

Cons

Sometimes Printing can be a little wonky. I can't use the back button on my mouse to go back to the inbox listing from an email anymore.

Michael

Best Tool for Desktop GMail/GSuite

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Pros

Kiwi is extremely easy to setup and use - download, install, add one or more Google accounts, and you are ready to roll! Kiwi offers great customizations in the app itself, and also has plugins to extend the default functionality. A great way to bring GMail to your desktop!

Cons

The only nitpick is that there is no option to choose whether to open GDocs/GSheets/... links within Kiwi or within a browser; I prefer to edit docs in a full browser rather than within Kiwi itself.

Chetan
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 21/11/2021

Cons

Please do not book any flight from kiwi. They are making fool. I book flight for 20 Nov. They gave me ticket without concerining that border tranate is open singapore to dhaka to india.
When i visit to singapore airport. Immigration team denied us. This was embarsing moment for us.

I was in dream to visit my home country. We lost 2000SGD dollar owing to kiwi foolish service. Even i requested to kiwi refund my amount, they did not want to lishen and not accepted their guilty.

I do not ever ever travel throw kiwi.

Sam

Kiwi ~ Love

Reviewed on 14/02/2021

Super response customer and tech support. Going above and beyond - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with clear communication and expectations. They are a start-up and grinding it out the right way listening to power users.

Pros

I use a Mac Pro. Seamless Integration to Gsuite, few hic-ups with Grammarly but corrected quickly once identified by the development team. UX is highly intuitive, switching between multiple Gmail accounts is magnificent along with file transfer feature ( currently not working, needs an update following Mac updates)

As promised the UX brings all the familiarity of a client host in Gsuite, mail, instant access to drive calendar docs. Overall a massive productivity enabler vs. multiple Gsuite tabs open all day.

Cons

There are lags occasionally, calendar functionality could use some work. Opens up multiple windows every time you want to make entries. Add ons need to be expanded and the development + product team needs to be AHEAD, keep up and communicate to users with PC /Mac upgrades that cause problems.

Apart from that, I am thoroughly impressed by the flawless experience UX CX

Olivia
  • Industry: Banking

Kiwi Gmail best fit.

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Kiwi makes Gmail access so efficient and easy on a desktop sparing multiple log in on a browser.

Pros

Most impressive feature is that Kiwi allows me to take my Gmail out of my browser tab and switch between all email accounts on one desktop based app.
Since Kiwi has the same outlook as Gmail app, it is much easier to use because you don't have to learn new ways when dealing with it.

Cons

This software is one of a kind and it satisfy my desires on Gmail matters so well. I have not experienced any difficulty so far.

Raj
  • Industry: Program Development

• Customer Support Software

Highly satisfied- it does what it promises!

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Pros

It takes the Gmail experience from a web browser to a standalone app- and it does it very well. Stable, easy to use, responsive- it's a refreshing product for Mac where Mail.app is a general disappointment.

Cons

There is a slight lag at startup that is a minor annoyance. No other cons that I can see.

Barry
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Neutral

Neutral

Pros

- The aggregation of different accounts
- G Suite integration
- Overall UI

Cons

-Poor cal integration
- No Hubspot integration
- New pricking

Landon
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Everything at your fingertips.

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

My experience with Kiwi has been incredibly positive. I use it daily and it helps my productivity greatly.

Pros

No more switching between apps/screens/tabs! Everything I need for my to-do list, notes, calendar, email is all in one place.

Cons

I have experienced a crash of the program a few times, but I'm assuming the updates to the program that are downloaded subsequently address such issues. It is rare.