Cogsworth

Smart online scheduling software for service industries

4.6/5
4.7/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Alexandra

Great- I am so happy I found it!

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

I love it. This is the second software- after airtable- that I couldn't live without.

Pros

I absolutely love Cogsworth- I tried Calendly before and hated it. The pricing is similar, but I find the UI so much more intuitive than Calendly's. I especially like the "generate email signature" feature. It has saved ua a lot of money, because we originally wanted to hire someone to do signatures for us.

Cons

Some integrations aren't as flawless as google cal or zoom- especially ms teams (which we tried before zoom; but this might as well be ms teams, not cogsworth), but we found a way it works for us.

Reasons for Choosing Cogsworth

Couldn't handle Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Cogsworth

Tried Calendly and didn't like their user interface
Michael
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

Not only a great scheduler, but a great company to work with

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Pros

We use Cogsworth for scheduling patients and have integrated it into our patient booking. Cogsworth supports a number of teleconferencing solutions for virtual appointments and allows for customization of just about every single thing the customer will ever see from you. I absolutely love the instant SMS texts when a new appointment comes in. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company, is probably hands-down the nicest and most personable customer service representative I've engaged with. Whenever we needed some new feature he had his development team crank it out in literally days. That kind of flexibility should cost thousands of dollars but is something the Cogsworth team does to always constantly be improving their product. The developers are super fast to help customers out as well and I never once felt like we weren't an important customer. The software is easy to run for multiple businesses and is easy to engage with for Staff members. Cogsworth is that one software that really captures just about everything you would need in a scheduler in one product. They just added a brand new feature to put customers on the calendar that haven't completely finished payment, which is absolutely brilliant as sometimes customers will abandon the process when it comes time to pay and may need some additional convincing to complete their appointment.

Cons

It is clear that their software is growing at a fast pace and they have added tons of great features to Cogsworth even over the short time we've been with them. Picking negatives is tough, but if it's something I had to say I liked least I would say that they could probably take a step back and look at all of their features that they've put together and reorganize the menus a bit to align with their current product offering better. At the end of the day I'd rather have the features than not, so this is nit-picking. They offer both Stripe and Paypal payments, but I would also like to see one more payment method like Square (as Square is HIPAA-compliant).

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Cogsworth

Cogsworth was the best software we evaluated among all the alternatives.
Ann-louise

• Customer Support Software

Poor support and complex system ad-on charged

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

On sending complaints to Cogsworth regarding the complexity of setups and services not working. Quick to jump on for extra money 99$ to provide support. For any business ecosystem to work there must be a level of support provided even just through a help desk on the platform, to troubleshoot even those who have been trained. As management, when I complained my subscription was canceled even though the subscription had 4 months left with only 7 days notice. I think as a business be careful with such behaviors, as it will have great cost implications. I will most likely recommend going for a business with a better-developed support service and professional manners and processes in dealing with complaints.

Pros

My customers found the booking system useful.

Cons

Poor support, complex setup, and calendar integrations. Very expensive add-on services. Poor training materials and uses. Very unprofessional staff to connect with.

Reasons for Choosing Cogsworth

For more functionality. However, I will be switching back for better support and lower costs.

Reasons for Switching to Cogsworth

Cogsworth at the time seemed to have better functionality when Group bookings were required. Unfortunately, it became too complex to set up and implement.

Response from Cogsworth

We provided many hours of free setup and service to this client. The client used the platform for over a year. Then there was a handover and the client, despite multiple suggestions refused to learn the new platform.

Shade

• Customer Support Software

My GO-TO Appointment tool!

Reviewed on 28/12/2019

A joy to use! Cogsworth allows me look very professional when my clients need to schedule some time.

Pros

Cogsworth is feature-pack and so intuitive to use. Some of the features include multiple services, calendar integration, payment, buffer times, ability to select different types of meeting locations (physical location, online, etc), group bookings and the list goes on! In addition, I love how intuitive the tool is! It's easy to get setup and running FAST!

Cons

Honestly, there's really nothing I don't like about the software! The founder is open to suggestions and feedback and has implemented a lot of things based on feedback!

Brian
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

Fast and easy scheduling tool with a wide range of applications

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

I am a consultant helping other business with digital strategy. I often recommend and implement solutions. I did several demos with bigger players before finding Cogsworth -- and never looked back.

Have completed one implementation using their SaaS model and expect to do many more in the future using that approach and their API.

Pros

Agile team making continual improvements to the service. Easy to implement and learn. Company does an awesome job listening to its customers. End user experience of booking an appt.

Cons

We found a few bugs, but were thrilled to see all of them fixed within a couple days of reporting them.

Sirarpi

• Customer Support Software

The most time-saving and flexible software I could have found

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

When I was having a research on what to use for my appointments, the name itself was eye-catching and positive to me so I got interested and captured with Cogsworth. It reminded me of my childhood, winter time, watching Beauty and the Beast where there was this Cogsworth character. Cogsworth.com gave me the impression I am safe and will manage my time effectively. Whenever I get an email with the name of the company, it kind of relieves my stress.

I am a digital marketing specialist and making appointments is one of the key indicators on how professionally I can handle my meetings without spending more time.

Pros

1. No credit card required when signing up
Lots of times I didn’t sign up for a tool or a service as they required a credit card and after the trial, took money from my card without any notification.

2. It is very easy to set up
3. You can schedule multiple events
4. The form is easy to fill out
5. It is cloud-based which means I don’t have to download an app (I am always low on memory)
6. You can ask questions to the people you are going to have an appointment with

Cons

You don't have the ability to change the way the form from one question at a time to displaying all questions at once.

Nelli

A software worth having

Reviewed on 03/12/2018

Even if I change my workplace, I would recommend Cogsworth in new workplaces as it is really time-effective and worth having.

Pros

I started using Cogsworth by chance as the company I am employed in, is using it. I remember having a time management meeting and were brainstorming how to reduce time spent on administrative tasks.

As we spent too much time on making international calls, writing too many emails for scheduling a single appointment, was one of the most time-consuming tasks. One of the employees suggested using an appointment scheduling software and based on her previous experience, we chose Cogsworth.

Now we concentrate our marketing and sales efforts on more important tasks; the times of sending three to four emails is gone.

Cons

The analytics needs to be improved. Information like who intended to schedule an event but left it undone or halfway. It will help me analyze their behavior and check if there is any step the user is avoiding to fill in.

• Customer Support Software

All my colleagues started using Cogsworth, too

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

When it comes to choosing an appointment scheduling software, I definitely recommend using Cogsworth. As they have a watermark, all of our clients and colleagues started using it. I am happy to have this positive influence on them

Pros

I am a highly organized person and keeping everything in order is a high priority for me. With Cogsworth, I feel relaxed as I am sure all the meetings are arranged accordingly. I share my my available time with my colleagues, boss and the clients.

Cogsworth helps me stand out as a professional who saves time and efforts. Nothing makes me happier than sending a link, just asking to choose a date for the meeting. There can be no misunderstanding on the scheduled appointment.

Cons

My choice of an appointment tool has never been questioned as I carefully choose all the tools and software to work with. This is why I love Cogsworth and there has never been any significant feature that annoyed me

Andranik

• Customer Support Software

A lot of useful and time-saving features for arranging a meeting

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

If you need an appointment-making software which is easy to use and saves time, has canned responses, Cogsworth is something you will like

Pros

Cogsworth makes it easier for me to organize thousands of interviews. I keep everything organized and still have time to rest, no confusion or overbooking. If there are various topics that I want to discuss, I can create multiple events and they can choose the one related to them.

You can also ask questions to the person you are going to have an appointment with. To make their job easier, you can give them multiple choice, mark required fields and fields you would like to know but it’s not compulsory. There are stored responses which help save time and generate ideas. It is really effective for me and for my professional level. Apart from saving time, it enables you to get valuable information and make better communication, prepare better arguments for your target audience.

Cons

It does not let me white label. Sometimes I want the person not to know what software I used so that they think I have done some magic work. Other than that, I am satisfied with both the plan and the price.

Sahakanush

• Customer Support Software

No back-and-forth emails needed!

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Problems that Cogsworth solved for me

a) Saved my time
b) Makes everything look more professional
c) No need for an assistant
d) No missed appointment

Pros

Cogsworth website is very easy to navigate and find the information you need.

When I signed up, it was really fast to send an email and verify my account. This step was very fast and easy, I liked it a lot. This was my first impression of Cogsworth and for me, it showed the care and attention for their product and their job the team has.

Scheduling is so simple and lets me do everything in no time

Cons

I would like the free plan to have more features than it has now. I tried the "Solo" plan and it was difficult to come back to the basic plan. I would really love to have email follow-ups.

Tamara

Very useful to manage time and have organized, scheduled days and events

Reviewed on 04/11/2018

Pros

While making an appointment, Cogsworth step by step guides you on what to do and on the third step, it gives you the overall image of the appointment. You see the date, time, the city and the country you are in, you also see similar information of your partners.

If you want to have more information on the person contacting you, you can ask them questions like "What's your name?", "What's your email"? "What's your phone number?" and other necessary questions for knowing who you are going to have an appointment with. For a doctor, this is very useful as I can add questions to know which patient has a certain problem.

You will never miss anything as you get notifications. You can even choose to get an SMS if you are going to be without an internet for a while.

Cons

The software doesn't support Indian specific payment gateways

• Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Smart Booking made easy

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

During this trial period, I've tested just about all the features of Cogsworth, except for the Webhooks, which is not currently available during the Trial period. It has a lot of Potential, but seeing the ADDONS on their webpage, i think subscription costs will eventually increase even for 3 businesses sharing the cost.

Pros

We are currently looking to buy a subscription to this service, since it is really convenient for Customers to book a meeting via our website. Their portal is pretty much straightforward and easy to setup. It is also easy to integrate the code to our existing website.

Cons

Maybe the least liked about Cogsworth is the portal booking interface. It needs a lot of rework as the customer can only see a week and then click on NEXT until he / she reaches the date he wants. There should be options for a MONTH view at least and then. Also after booking confirmation, there is NO LINK to BOOK ANOTHER SERVICE. There is also very minimal customizations you can do with the booking page. I was hoping it would be like booking a HOTEL.

Hannah
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

Cogsworth is a great choice for your scheduling needs

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

As a medical practice that had to switch to virtual appointments when COVID-19 hit, Cogsworth has been immensely helpful in all of our scheduling and booking needs. It was easy to get set up and has been a huge asset to our practice as we were easily able to connect our telehealth video platform to the appointment bookings.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and has many customizable options making it look and feel like part of your website - not a third party scheduler. The customer support team is fantastic - they have always solved my problems within 24 hours whether it was clarification needed on my end or making an update to the software.

Cons

Add-ons are a little confusing, but all it takes is asking the support team for clarification.

Marcela

• Customer Support Software

Easier to do business and improve conversion rates

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pros

When a person wants to connect with you and make an appointment after the lead chooses the topic of the appointment, my available date and time slot, I ask for their name and the email so that I can send them customized emails. This is a good way of lead nurturing as you know that if the lead contacted you, wants an appointment with you, he is already in the consideration stage and all I need to give them is guidance, sometimes discounts and special offers. This increases the chance of turning the lead into an actual customer.

I not only save time but also my marketing efforts and budget on it as now me and my team generate leads easier than before using Cogsworth.

I also like the idea of having Privacy and Policy section right under the booking info. So if the lead is concerned about their privacy and how we are going to use their information, they can read all the necessary information.

Cons

I find it difficult to find something I would say I don’t like. I am happy with the features.

Kristin
  • Industry: Computer Networking

100% transparency into my business

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Pros

It is transparent and all the team members can see who's booked when, when they have available time and if the person chose a team member or gave no preference who they will talk to. Based on this, we judge the team's performance and discuss why website visitors chose that very team member over others.

This has been really helpful and the need to spend more time on discussion and communication lessened due to the fact that nobody needs to prove us anything; the result is just there!

Cons

There is no backend translation, only front-end. There is no translation of user interface into other languages, you can only translate the booking form.

Maya

Simple Booking System for Local Businesses

Reviewed on 03/02/2019

Pleasantly pleased at how easy to start collecting appointments and leads

Pros

Im amazed at how easy to start setting up online bookings and appointments. Keep your identity/brand consistent with logo upload and use the custom fields provided (drag drop editor) to collect the type of input you require. Everything is hosted by cogsworth so there's no need for domain and web hosting. Time-saver and syncs with my Google calendar too.

Cons

How about setting up country filters to block out spams? In some scenarios, service providers (eg. handyman repairs, etc) only need online leads/ bookings from local areas and not elsewhere (eg. other countries).

• Customer Support Software

It is a good software for managing your business, personal and other schedules.

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

When at first I read the name, I have not thought that it is a page for making notifications and setting up a personal schedule. But after registration, it was much easier because it has an even short tutorial about how to use the software. Also, it has many different ways of making meetings, and you can plan your whole day.
Cogsworth solved lots of my scheduling and appointment issues, saved lots of my time and efforts on connecting with my colleagues and clients.
It is a good software for managing your business, personal and other schedules.

Pros

It is very fast and easy to set up a meeting or change something in the schedule. Also, the website can be connected to users mail, and it will notify them about your upcoming meetings. It makes their job easier and they don’t have to make lots of clicks, go to a landing page.

Cons

It doesn’t have email marketing as part of the platform. I do get notifications about my scheduled events but as a marketing strategy, they don’t send emails like newsletters, reminders to upgrade to the paid plan and so on.

Hamlet

I wish I Discovered Congsworth erlier

Reviewed on 22/11/2018

Pros

I used to write thousands of emails to people I needed to make appointments with. When I first leant about Cogsworth, I thought it would just save a couple of minues of my time.

But it turned out that I saved lots of time, not just a couple of minutes! Also, I am not good at soft skills so writing emails is usually a torture for me. I need to check everything thousands of times before sending it.

Now, with Cogsworth, I just embed it in my email and the person chooses an available time slot.

Additionally, sometimes I add some questions for the person to answer and it helps me sound more professional, as though I never forget anything.

Cons

I find it difficult to mention something that is a downside for me. Perhaps the only thing is I would like it to have a whitelabel. But it's not disturbing for me so I am satisfied with what I have.

Sofia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Super easy to use, great way to schedule!

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Pros

I am able to completely customize my availability within the system. It also links to my Google calendar, so it updates itself when I make certain times busy on my schedule. I also like that it sends an automated accept from the person scheduling with me, that way I don't have to scratch and claw to grab that accept.

Cons

I wish Cogsworth synced with my Gmail to create a full calendar view within my email so my clients don't have to go through the trouble of clicking the link, then finding the day and time.

Serena
  • Industry: Design

Accept Online Booking Hassle-free

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

Pros

- Anyone (even our new admin) can create a customized clean-looking online booking calendar with Cogsworth's drag and drop form builder.
- What we like is also the capability to send sms reminders to customers on their upcoming appointments.
- Easily integrate into website or use their url as landing page

Cons

Most of the features which make Cogsworth amazing seems to chargeable as a recurring subscription. Personally we think is rather costly when you start adding up all the amounts.

Ye

Productivity Booking Slots

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Fits certain industry service providers who offer free consultation

Pros

Simple to implement and useful tool for service providers wanting an easy way to get online bookings. Sync with google calendar and set reminders.

Cons

Prefer cname flexibility instead of just an iframe embed alternative into our own branded domains. Another plus point would be online payment integration. Usecase - our consultation professionals charge by hour slots and only upon payment received, the booking slot gets confirmed.

Segayi

Software Review

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Pros

It meets all the user requirements all the automated simple requirements that the customer needs to work with when using the software... Its simply interesting and amazing

Cons

Nothing mainly the only least thing I have about the software is nothing mainly it meets all my requirements

Perfect for startups

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pros

There are a couple of services our startup has and with Cogsworth's help, we are able to let our customers choose the service they want to talk about. As we get their emails, it becomes easier for us to contact them as leads.

Our team has scheduled working hours so the job

Cons

There is no appointment buffering; I hope it will be released soon.

David

Simple to arrange meetings

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

I am happy our company suggested using Cogsworth. It makes my whole week arranged and stress-free.

Pros

When you have lots of tasks to do and one of them is communicating with the clients, you never want to miss a second of your time on extra administrative tasks. Now I just share my appointment link with external people and they are able to book time with me. And when they select a time period, Cogsworth shows the available time.

Cons

It is relatively new and the features that I need, are marked as "Coming soon". I need "Custom staff timezones" feaure and once it is available, there is nothing else I require from this appontment scheduling software

Liana

New and Useful Software!

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

I can see that this software is improving and adding new features. I already like what they have on their plans and would like them to have a better on-boarding.

Pros

Usually, I use new tools and software considering the fact that they base their efforts on the drawbacks of already existing similar tools/software. Cogsworth is just what I need. I just spend a couple of minutes opening 30-minute time slots and send it to the people I am going to talk to. Then I go do my business and at the end of the day, I check my appointments for the next day. Easy and affordable!

I like it that you can choose to ask questions to your partners. It gives you an idea on what to base your speech

Cons

There should be a better on-boarding. There is a guidance, a tutorial but if the setup was done one by one, meaning they guide you to set up your calendar, then give the embed code which you could choose to skip. And all the setups could go this way, it would be easier for everyone to quickly be on-boarded.