eM Client

Email, calendar, contact, and task integration

4.1 /5 (97 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
4.1
4.3
3.6
Harold M.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Not recommended

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Again, I like the concept and the thought behind the product but would consider it too unstable for business use. The good thing is that the repair process works, the bad is that you have to do it so often.

For a product that has so many nice features for efficiency, to have the conversation thread backwards so that for each email you have to page down to find the last response is hard to understand why they did that. They seem to be confused between a texting program that shows the most recent at the bottom (but also opens at the bottom so the most recent is where it opens) and an email client where the most recent is normally at the top so you see the response immediately.
These items make this program an also run that I will be keeping an eye on because I really like the design and if they get them resolved then it will be one of my favorites. But still cannot be recommended at this time.

Pros

The concept and design of the program is excellent.

At least in theory it is well thought out and has several useful features. I particularly like the ability to click on an email and see on the right side the contact information as well as every email to and from that person as well as every attachment sent and received. This is a huge feature for me.

The ability to quickly generate a task from an email or create a calendar event is also really nice.

Unlike some other reviewers, I found the tech support to be reasonable. Then again, I am a computer expert and provide expert testimony on computer systems and software for court purposes and so had very few issues with setup.

Cons

Although I like the design of the software, I could never recommend it for use in a business. I view it more as a curiosity for personal use. The primary reason is that in the five weeks I have used the software there have been multiple instances of being unable to read email or the software attempted to display an attachment inline and so it just looked like garbage. Each time I contacted tech support and the fix was the same... either rebuild the software account or delete it and create it again. Luckily I was using IMAP so it was not an issue deleting and recreating the accounts. So, I used it five weeks and rebuilt or deleted and recreated email accounts seven times. This is a big issue.

Another problem is the very strange an unusual way they display an email conversation. I wrote to tech support about this and they indicated that it is the way it is supposed to work and the way that all email clients work. Uh, no. I have not seen any other email client that displays your email conversation starting with the oldest email and continuing down to the most recent. I understand that is the way a conversation occurs and you can read it from the beginning to the end but in reality I do not know anyone who wants to open their email and page down multiple times to find the person's response. I want to see the response when I open the email. If I need to see the prior email they are responding to then I will scroll down and see that one.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Adrian W.

My Email Client of Choice

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

I moved to eM Client a few years ago as my main day-to-day email client. It is quite happy getting my (multiple) Office 365. IMAP and GMail accounts.

Pros

A good, clean user interface that simply allows you to get to work rather than have to deal with the distraction of unnecessary visual niceties.

Cons

The auto-configure service can be a little unreliable sometimes and it decides to use it's own categories rather than using those already configured via other Microsoft Outlook clients.

Andy H.
Industry: Education Management

Fantastic Product

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

eM Client has been a great help to our school. it is very economical and easy to use.

Pros

eM Client works great. The updates continue to make it better. It has an integrated email client and calendar that help keep me organized. It works great with gmail.

Cons

Emails off the server still show up as unread even if they have been read and deleted from another application.

Matt W.
Industry: Wholesale

Terrible Latency/Lagging and Unusable & Unpredictable Signatures

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

I used this product for several years, and I have finally given up. It's just awful.

Pros

It's easy to setup. Other than that, there's nothing I like about it.

Cons

Locks up my computer ALL THE TIME when processing new e-mail in any of my half dozen or so accounts. I can't have an application that makes my computer unusable while it "thinks." It's just unbearable, and I have switched to MailBird, which is much faster and doesn't lag or freeze up my system.

I never could get the signatures and templating to work correctly. My signatures look awful, and I have a fairly robust graphic design skill set. I would set my signature to use a Calibri 12, and it would look like 18 while the template setting for composing e-mails was set to the same font and size, and the text looked tiny.

Response from eM Client

Hello,
We're very sorry to see that you experienced such problems in the application. If you ever decide to give us a second chance, feel free to contact our support at [email protected] and we'll do everything we can to help you.

eM Client Team

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Gene S.

good

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Good , I don't always feel I get helpful support when I need it.

Pros

merging all my email accounts is really nice

Cons

The new update now makes me go through 2 print boxes in order to print.

Response from eM Client

Hi Gene,

Thank you for your review. We are aware of the print issue and have resolved it internally so we'll release an update fixing the problem soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Michael K.
Industry: Medical Devices

The review

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Normally works like a charm ;-)

Pros

Esay connection to Cal/CardDav-Server, intuitive to use

Cons

connectivity between Tasks, Calender and email. Would be nice to intergrate task-lines to calender (show timelines). Sending invitations to MS-Outlook-users

Tanish B.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Perfect for low budget

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Pros

We have been using this software in our organisation from a while. It covers all the basic functionalities and it's user interface is quite simple to operate.

Cons

I haven't encountered any major issue till now. It works fine for me.

Stefan B.
Industry: Building Materials

my daily and single mailing software

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

only the point of update or restart by problems and the support possibilities

Pros

function, optic, it´s very quick, safe

Cons

updates, help

Shubham S.

Em client pros and cons

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Pros

The best thing is it synchronize very nicely with g mail and outlook. Recently our organisation switched to Em Clint and it fetched the whole data with all the folders without any loss. Other than that it is simple to use and understand.

Cons

Some times during sync it creates duplicate entries as well other than that they need to improve their user interface and customer services.

Mike P.
Industry: Computer Games

Lacks Google Hangouts join link

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 02/10/2018

Hand to switch to Mailbird until eM client fixes meeting invites.

Pros

Very good frame-rate plus nice user interface.

Cons

We can't use the calendar feature. It strips out the Google Hangouts join link from calendar entries.

One it is meeting time, the only way to join is to search for the original invite email and read the meeting join link from it.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Ravinderjeet S.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A newly introduced email service.

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Pros

We can handle our emails easily in em client using its smart folder feature , we can even see hard code for email creater by right clicking on email creater and then select edit source.

Cons

Getting alignment issues when trying to create, add, delete rows and columns.

Industry: Alternative Medicine
Company size: Self Employed

More than an email client

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

It was overall a good experience. It was very easy to set up and use.

Pros

I wanted an email client that I could add my calendar and tasks to in on place. I loved the unified inbox and task list feature of em Client. It was a great alternative to using Outlook.

Cons

It didn't get along well with my Gmail account even after changing the security settings in my Google account. I also had a lot of freezing when using it.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Derek Z.

Among top 2 favourites

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Pros

This and Mozilla Thunderbird are my 2 favorite free email programs. Works well, runs fast, and is even simpler and a little more intuitive than Thunderbird in some ways.

Cons

The HTML email formatting is maybe not as powerful as Outlook's. Not much bad to say though for a free Windows program.

James G.

Great email, calendar, contacts, and task manager.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

It has completely replaced MS Outlook. I use it multiple times a day for all my email, calendar, contacts, and task management functions.

Pros

Synchronizes well with Google email and calendar. Easy to use layout with all of the features I want in a combination email, calendar, contacts manager. Pulls up email correspondence chain in separate view. I can customize views, categories, themes, etc.

Cons

Does not have a corresponding Android version. The contacts sync has sometimes resulted in duplicate entries. There is a duplicates tool to remove duplicates but it would be nice to have an easier to use merge contacts function added.

Sergio O.
Industry: International Trade & Development

My preferred email client for desktop

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

I'm very happy with emclient. It's the only desktop platform I found that made me change from browser mail platform to desktop platform again.

Pros

It's the best email client I could find. It's clean, simple, easy to use, full of features included. Feels clean and smooth to use. I can use many email accounts in the same platform as if they were just one.

Cons

Nothing at all. I like all aspects of the browser, I can't tell of something I don't like by now. Maybe an option to send recurrent emails would be great, and even greater: an option to automate follow up emails until a reply is received.

Derek S.
Industry: Automotive

Great option for a next-level email client

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

I've used eM Client for the past few years and have been overall happy. That said, there have been frustrating moments with support and I really hope they fix the current print glitch mentioned above.

Pros

The main reason I use eM Client is the speed of the search. My job has me constantly searching a large database of emails and it's imperative that I find them quickly. When put side by side with Thunderbird, it absolutely dominates in search presentation and speed.

Cons

The most recent update has made it so that when I print emails, another daily task, eM Client always opens the system print dialog box despite that box not being checked. This takes a considerable amount of extra time with the number of emails I print. I opened a ticket but wasn't very happy with the reply which suggested that I move to a previous version which carried the risk of losing my fine tuned settings and more. In addition, for most users without search needs, I don't feel it's significantly better than Thunderbird so it may be hard to justify the cost.

Response from eM Client

Hi Derek,

Rebeca R.

Tried to get support and was ignored

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Pros

The software itself is good until you have a problem with it and need support. It's functional and easy to set up.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. They are in another time zone which totally clashes with American time zones, so they expect you to be on your computer at 5 in the morning to get help. When I complained about it, they ignored me completely and now my tickets will go unanswered.

Response from eM Client

Hello Rebeca, so far our support is located in Europe only, but we are trying hard to help every our customer from opposite time zones, even during our night hours, and even if they need remote assistance. Another remote assistance session with you is planned for today, 9 AM your time, so I believe this time everything will be all right.

Thank you, Peter.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Adam H.

Powerful and lightweight

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Great program that gets the job done. Well worth the price. The best outlook alternative that I tried (and i’ve tried them all)

Pros

Has a lot of functionality that Outlook had but is much more light weight. It does the stuff you need it to without all of the over complication of other mail clients. Especially like how it allows multiple google calendars to sync seamlessly into one overall calendar. Much better that outlooks tabbed/overlay calendar design.

Cons

Tasks/todo lists could be a little more robust. Adding email senders to handling rules could be better as well.

Jonathan R.
Industry: Real Estate

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Pros

easy to use, very similar to Outlook, the folder system

Cons

it seems to go "offline" alot and I have to shut down and restart the application. Also, has trouble sending emails with large attachments.

Response from eM Client

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the connection problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at [email protected] we can help you to resolve the problem.

Or you can contact me directly.
George

Industry: Construction

eM Client has been a useful and easy to use program to keep all of my emails in order.

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

The benefit is that I can keep all my jobs separate and manage them all at the same time. We work on 10-20 jobs at a time and this software has helped me keep organized and records of everything for those jobs.

Pros

eM Client is very straightforward and easy to use. It is what I like most about this program. I had never used it before this, but within an hour I felt like I had been using it for years. While it does lack the bells and whistles of other email software, it is for that reason that the ease of use is so good.

Cons

I don't really have many cons for this software, but it does lack in overall appearance. The other email software's that I use are easy on the eyes and look aesthetically pleasing. This is not really a con, but more of a personal preference for myself.

Michael D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very good and inexpensive alternative for Outlook users

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

I use eM Client as an alternative to Outlook due to Outlook's lack of a unified Inbox for IMAP accounts. It handles all internal and external email correspondence well.

Pros

Unified inbox for IMAP accounts, which is not available in Outlook for Windows. Search function is excellent. Snippets are nice. Most of the basics will be familiar to Outlook users.

Cons

I could wish for more customizability of the UI and sounds. There are a few areas in composing messages that could be easier to use, like inserting/removing links.

eM client best alternative

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Overall paying customer will not rate it excellent as it has still got sync issues. User interface can be modernized. Html features can be improved like merging options.

Pros

It provides some great features like syncing with mail services. It was easy to set up and have good display and themes. Free license for use is great anong other main features.

Cons

Calender features are somewhat looks like missing which can be added. Synchronization is slow sometimes and takes time to load emails. Merging cells option seems to be non supported which is major lack in the software.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Easy to Use Alternative to Expensive Mail Clients

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

A great email client with a quick-and-dirty setup for basic needs.

Pros

eM Client was easy to set up and synced with most mail services with no problems.

Cons

Calendar features could use some work. Some advanced calendaring features (resources) a bit clunky or non-existent.

William R.
Industry: Higher Education

eM Client is an excellent alternative to online Yahoo Mail

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Overall, I'm glad I've been using eM Client for many years.

Pros

Keeping mail organized offline, allowing easy separation of valued mail from junk mail.

Cons

Very rarely, issues with account passwords, POP3 and SMTP server credentials

Fouad E.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best free email client for Gmail

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Pros

The full integration of the client with Gmail emails, calendar, contacts

Cons

The user interface is rigid and needs to be eenewed/modernized