AWeber

4.5/5

Djordje

Top email marketing tool

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

From the start, everything was clear for me, and I got into the software almost immediately. Every further step I have made was smooth, and what I expected. It saves a lot of time and makes sure that your emails will be delivered. Also, you get great analytics, which helps you plan for your next steps.

Pros

This software has everything that I could imagine I will need for my email campaigns. Also, there handling of potential spam mail is excellent. When you do the campaign using this software, likely, you would not have problems with your emails being characterized as spam.

Cons

To be affordable, you need to have a large number of subscribers and mail campaigns. It is not for small users or companies that have sporadic email campaigns.

Suzanne
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Old faithful

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

It's been both a positive and negative experience. I'm still not sure I will stay with them longterm.

Pros

Aweber has stood the test of time. It is easy to get set up and get going. I like that it is stable, and it is always encouraging to me when I see that very successful people whose emails I let into my inbox are using Aweber.

Their customer service was very helpful to me when I was getting my account set up and had questions on a few things.

Cons

I do not care for their boring confirmation messages, and the fact that if I want something that is different, I have to get approval from them before I can use it.

I also saw a huge flaw when I participated in a promotional event with several others who also use Aweber. Apparently, when somone signs up for several email lists that are all hosted on Aweber, in a short space of time, Aweber sees that behavior as "spammy" and automatically unsubscribes that person from all the lists he/she subscribed to.

Their argument is that it protects Aweber customers and it protects their system overall. The problem is that it is unsubscribing people who actually want to receive these emails and if you are delivering a product by email, or even giiving information by email on how the new subscriber can receive that product, then the subscriber will never get that email.

When I contacted Aweber about this twice, the support staff was very blasé about this. One support staff member was good enough to remove the block and resubscribe the persons who had been removed so they subscriber could get the emails. Another refused to do so, and said that the subscriber would have to contact them to remove the block. How many people are actually going to take this extra step to receive emails???

Amanda

I Used to Love Aweber, It is great for a beginner

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

I was very happy with it in the beginning, it just didn't meet my needs as my business grew.

Pros

I liked that it was a low annual fee for my needs. I liked that they were pretty good at following trends, like customizing user experience for my email members.

Cons

Honestly, I really did enjoy using this service, my business needs just grew and it didn't grow along with it fast enough for me. It was pretty hard to get everything I needed to communicate across my multiple platforms, so I eventually moved to an all-in-one platform to make my business life much easier. But they were great for a beginnner.

Response from AWeber

Thanks for your feedback, Amanda. We really appreciate it. Just for your awareness, a lot has changed with our platform since you left. We've been releasing tons of new features. If you're ever interested in taking another look at AWeber, we'd love to have you back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Hermione

AWeber review

Reviewed on 26/03/2023

AWeber is an excellent email marketing service that is easy to use, has great customer service, offers a wide range of integrations, and is affordable.

Pros

One of the things I like most is the ease of use. Setting up an email campaign with AWeber is quick and intuitive, and the service provides a wide range of features that allow me to customize my emails to my target audience. Additionally, AWeber has great customer service, and I have never had difficulty getting help with any issue I have experienced. Furthermore, AWeber offers a wide range of integrations with other services, allowing me to easily integrate my campaigns with other tools. Finally, AWeber is one of the most affordable email marketing services on the market, which helps keep my costs down.

Cons

The main complaint about AWeber is that it can be difficult to use if you're not familiar with email marketing. AWeber also charges a monthly fee and doesn't offer a free trial period. Additionally, the reporting and analytics features are not as robust as some other email marketing platforms.

Dominic

Aweber Review

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

I love that we can have automation when someone opts in to an offer we can have a series of emails to send out to them on a consistent basis. Also is great to send out a blast periodically to all clients/patients at once to keep them informed of announcements or offers.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and also integrates with most other platforms that I use. It's well known and has been around for many years. It's one of the simplest email marketing software that I have used so far. I like the fact that they are continuously improving the product.
I like the drag and drop builder. Easy breezy!

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like. It is a great product.

ActiveCampaign, Sendlane, and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

I felt like Aweber offered more options and integrated with more platforms. Also, at the time, they didn't have double opt in feature.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

Reasonably priced and most popular.
Carma

Long Time User -- Haven't Switched Yet

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

I've been a member of Aweber for a very long time. They have been good to me and are quite affordable for all the features I receive.

Pros

Aweber is relatively easy to use and has most of the functions I need.

Cons

There are still some features that aren't available that make my life less easy than I'd like. However, I haven't found anything better so far.

• Customer Support Software

Aweber: One of the most beginner friendly email marketing tools

Reviewed on 30/05/2022

Aweber covers my email marketing needs

Pros

Honestly I loved email campaign management system the most

Cons

For me it would be mobile optimization because for me it needs more work

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

The feature caught my eyes more and more value
Craige Hardel

Fastastic product

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

it's been really good to use actually and integrates with my website page builder which is awesome

Pros

Aweber really works well, integrate with almost anything and has awesome support

Cons

automation features are lacking. Something more complex can be cumbersome to setup

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Turn email management into robust lead to sale concersion

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Very good

Pros

This software helps us be sure we don’t keep sending invitation and sale email content to prospects who are now customers. Awebber gave us automation where we were needing to keep a physical eye on email lists. And cross reference information.

Cons

It’s not as easy to create content in as a long time competitor- and there is a customer service element that the same company excels in. However. The other things Awebber offers us are worth it.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

Switch is not completely true. We really use both but for different things now.

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

The ability to convert prospects to customers
Kira
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Functional but could be improved

Reviewed on 03/07/2022

Aweber helped us with marketing and contact management while we used it. It is a good email marketing tool.
We did benefit from the features it has like customizable fields. Ultimately we switched because we found a product with a similar price that had more features and better quality.

Pros

Aweber is a well known product and most people know how to use it, it was easy for our teak to use.
I loved all the customization and specific options or controls.
You can set who will receive emails and when they are sent with more precision than other products.

Cons

Aside from the pros mentioned above, Aweber is just lacking in features and quality. The price is similar to other products but you're actually getting less. I don't feel very secure with Aweber.

Jason
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

Way better than MailChimp.

Reviewed on 14/05/2022

I switched to AWeber from MailChimp after learning about how bad MailChimp does with keeping our emails out of the Spam folder. I reached out to AWeber’s customer support multiple times and I can vouch for how AMAZING they all were.

Pros

Customer service is AMAZING when you need them. I can’t stress that enough. Once you learn your way around AWeber, it’s not too difficult to start creating campaigns and sending mass emails out. I love being able to have multiple list for different products and services. The A/B split testing is a really nice feature as well. They also help you connect your website domain host to help you stay out of the spam folder.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to it. Setting up your host domain to prevent emails from landing in the spam folder is not an easy thing to setup but that’s a complicated process for ANY email marketing software.

Jessie

Good for getting started

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

I used AWeber for a few years with my first business and was very happy for the price. I had their most basic paid plan which did everything I needed at the time. I will say after taking a year off and reopening this year, AWeber came in second (in a list of 10 options) when making my decision for what to use for the reopening.

Pros

When I started my first solo business and needed a way to send emails to a list, Weber was where I started. I had little knowledge about what I might need and wanted a way to get started with as little friction as possible. AWeber did just that.

Cons

Probably user inexperience on my end, but I couldn't get a handle on how to best use tags and segments to my advantage.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I wanted something a little more "professional" than free options while still being simple and budget friendly.
Laura
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good value

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

I chose this on the recommendation of my VA who noted the list segmentation was excellent for my business. Excellent customer care for questions.

Pros

Fairly easy to use, can segment list to organise contacts into categories of interest for relevant contact, a lot of good customer support and training.

Cons

It is a learning curve getting started (for a non-techie) - but otherwise nothing to deter future use and loyalty.

Pedro

• Customer Support Software

Alternative Aweber for those starting out.

Reviewed on 07/08/2021

Aweber is great, it has benefited me in many ways with my email campaigns.

I know exactly who is opening my emails and clicking on referral links or sales pages in my automations.

That way I can create accurate reports for non-interacting people or buyers and etc...

This is a big help to increase your sales, because you can focus a strong campaign on the right people, just by looking at the reports generated by the tool.

I have an excellent relationship with aweber, the first 3 months were tense, but she helped me to get the necessary results to continue in the fight.

Pros

An extremely fantastic tool when it comes to email delivery.

Incredible accuracy of my automations. Without a doubt it's one of the best I've ever used.

A great help for those who are just starting out and don't have much capital to invest. Because aweber allows you to use and learn about the tool for free for 3 months.

In addition to the company's integrity in providing knowledge to its customers and users, they fill their inbox with hundreds of emails almost daily, but it's just to inform about the tool and its features, free courses and lectures for better performance.

aweber support is very good and fast, prompt service, they always solved problems for me immediately.

Also, I used several free Landing Pages templates with fantastic layouts and almost automatic. I just needed to choose the model and just type a call to action.

For everything, I recommend aweber, an outstanding service.

Cons

Negative points about this tool, I don't have.

But just an addendum, for those outside the US and needing to use the tool, it's a great idea while using the free months.

But if you're setting up and collecting leads in your campaigns, no results.

You may get frustrated, as the payment will be a little expensive, taking into account the dollar's value in relation to other countries.

But on the whole, I have no criticisms about this software.

Jonas

• Customer Support Software

The easiest autoresponder for beginners

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

Fantastic. I don't think i'll ever change autoresponder. I've tried GetResponse and others and they are also awesome, but I like the simplicity of Aweber so I don't really see why I would ever change.

Pros

I've used Aweber since 2014, and i've NEVER had an issue with them.

Sure, they have downtime just like every other autoresponder a couple times per year, but it's always fixed really quickly.

The deliverability is awesome, it's extremely easy to use and their customer is support is insanely responsive. I have had to do a few minor changes to my account every now and then, I kid you not, they have taken care of my issues usually within 2-3 minutes of me opening up the chat (which is now open 24/7)

Cons

I've heard that if you open a new account with Aweber now, you need to use their service for around a month using double optin, which could be annoying. When I set my account up several years ago, I didn't have to do that. So if you're planning on running paid ads etc right away, that might be an issue for you. If not, Aweber is awesome and i'm sure you'll love it.

Response from AWeber

Hi Jonas,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I wanted to quickly clarify that, generally speaking, we don't require new customers to use double opt-in after signing up for an account. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help with your account.

Brandon O.

Carol
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

• Customer Support Software

Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

Pros

I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

Cons

I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

You can do better

Reviewed on 20/05/2022

Good for beginners, but honestly, if you are going to learn email marketing, you might as well learn how to use something else.

Pros

Best in Class Customer Service. I don't think you will find any other email tool with better customer support. Customer support is far better than other email marketing tools. They are quick to reply & very knowledgable (Live Chat & Phone)

Cons

Aweber is sort of a dinosaur. They've been around for a while. But they just aren't as advanced as the newer email marketing tools out there.
They keep adding new features (like landing page builder, but they are completely ignoring the fact that their ecom features & deep integrations are basically non-existent.
Aweber is fine for a simple weekly newsletter, but when it comes to deep integrations with ecom they are stuck in the past (such as syncing with Shopify and allowing triggers based on the customer journey).

Daniele

• Customer Support Software

One of the most famous Email marketing software

Reviewed on 30/05/2022

Pros

- Very easy to use and implement
- In minutes you can upload your list and send a broadcast
- Very easy to create followup/automation

Cons

- I don't like they charge many times the same lead because is in the different lists
- Marketing Automation with limit, not so complete as others

• Customer Support Software

Excellent email marketing for small businesses

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

I've been very happy with Aweber. It's reliable, pretty easy to use, and can do everything that I need it to do. It's rare that I need customer service, but their service has been very good when needed.

Pros

Aweber is very powerful with lots of features and options, but still easy to use. You won't have to spend hours trying to figure out how it works. There is very little learning curve.

Cons

The email automation features are a little more limited as compared to some other companies, however, Aweber is priced well and does everything that most small businesses will need.

GetResponse and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

Better features for my needs
Kehinde

My experience with Aweber

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

For easy to use Email Marketing Platform, Aweber is just the best that I have used.

Pros

The singular thing I so much love about Aweber is their User Interface UI. It is so simple and straightforward. Everything you needed are at the right place.

Their inbox rate in superb, from experience I normally have up to100% inbox rate. My list is less than 2000 subscribers but then I believe their system sends out emails as though it's sending directly to one person at a time.

Their landing pages are simple and easy to customize. They have Javascript, plugins for different CMS and blogging platform and Html though I use the html mostly.

Cons

Actually, Many times I had wanted to create a more sophisticated web forms but their platform is not compatible for it. What I am trying to say is that I have had needs for forms that help people to take a short survey thereby building my list with it or a two-step form but the feature is included.
Aside that, every other things are just perfect.

• Industry: Media Production

Great Pricing, Amazing Support

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Solid, solid, solid.

Pros

Amazing support, I did a side by side comparison customer support test for 5 other vendors and they responded the most thoroughly and the fastest. The API is thorough and haven't had any issues. Interface just works. It has all the stuff you need. The unlimited email sends for pricing is great, most vendors charge you for emails after a certain point.

Cons

The templates were a bit confusing, wish it had an advanced mode for interface with more bells and whistles so you don't have to use API to make anything advanced.

Maria
  • Industry: Online Media

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

Amazing

Pros

Easy to use, manage and amazing support that always help

Cons

Forms and landing pages, is not atractive as Leadpages

Sunitha
  • Industry: Program Development

An AWeber Review

Reviewed on 13/03/2023

AWeber is a great platform for businesses looking to increase their email marketing and lead generation efforts.

Pros

It has great features for creating email campaigns, managing contacts, segmenting audiences, and more. Plus, it's affordable and provides helpful customer support.

Cons

The biggest negative of AWeber is its lack of support for mobile users. The platform is not mobile friendly, which can be a limitation for many users.

Mike

Aweber is Great for Beginners

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

I started with Aweber back in 2011 and it's been good. However, with multiple products, I think it could be more robust with the tagging and segmenting.

Pros

Easy to use and amazing customer support!

Cons

The tagging is difficult to use and doesn't function like I'd want it to. You also pay for a subscriber more than once if he or she is on multiple lists (example: 2 of your products).

Evan
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Aweber good product that is priced comprable with it's competitors

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

It was good while I used it but I was a small business when I used it and went with a more affordable option. However, it is a really good product and will satisfy your email marketing and communication needs.

Pros

It offers all the key features, like import mailing list and host, different templates, reporting, RSS, landing pages and although I never did this I believe it integrates with third party applications. Although its not the cheapest, I do like their pricing model and how it based of the size of your list or subscribers. It's not a freemium model where you have to pay for all these extra features.

Cons

Marketing automation is super basic and there are cheaper options which offer more automation in this area. Some of the templates look like they are from the early 2000's and super outdated. Also they claim support is 24/7 but usually you have to submit a ticket and wait hours to hear back.