AWeber

Powerfully-simple email marketing and automation software

4.3 /5 (147 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
3.9
4.2
4.1
4.3
Jorge S.

One of the best

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

I have had a great experience with AWeber and I can say it helped me alot basically when I was at the beginning on the digital marketing industry.

Pros

Since I work with clients in order to achieve some Digital Marketing results AWeber has been some of the tools I have used the most. I like that it has some pretty form designs and that it has integration with a lot of themes and plugins for optin forms. I also like that AWeber has ease of use.

Cons

I use to regret about AWeber for its lack of automation features, but since this is not a limitation any more, I think AWeber is a great email & automation marketing tool.

Suzanne S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Old faithful

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

It's been both a positive and negative experience. I'm still not sure I will stay with them longterm.

Pros

Aweber has stood the test of time. It is easy to get set up and get going. I like that it is stable, and it is always encouraging to me when I see that very successful people whose emails I let into my inbox are using Aweber.

Their customer service was very helpful to me when I was getting my account set up and had questions on a few things.

Cons

I do not care for their boring confirmation messages, and the fact that if I want something that is different, I have to get approval from them before I can use it.

I also saw a huge flaw when I participated in a promotional event with several others who also use Aweber. Apparently, when somone signs up for several email lists that are all hosted on Aweber, in a short space of time, Aweber sees that behavior as "spammy" and automatically unsubscribes that person from all the lists he/she subscribed to.

Their argument is that it protects Aweber customers and it protects their system overall. The problem is that it is unsubscribing people who actually want to receive these emails and if you are delivering a product by email, or even giiving information by email on how the new subscriber can receive that product, then the subscriber will never get that email.

When I contacted Aweber about this twice, the support staff was very blasé about this. One support staff member was good enough to remove the block and resubscribe the persons who had been removed so they subscriber could get the emails. Another refused to do so, and said that the subscriber would have to contact them to remove the block. How many people are actually going to take this extra step to receive emails???

Carma S.

Long Time User -- Haven't Switched Yet

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

I've been a member of Aweber for a very long time. They have been good to me and are quite affordable for all the features I receive.

Pros

Aweber is relatively easy to use and has most of the functions I need.

Cons

There are still some features that aren't available that make my life less easy than I'd like. However, I haven't found anything better so far.

Haresh G.

Awesome experience so far to use Aweber email marketing system for my all clients

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

My overall experince is fantastic so far because I have almost used their all features. Moreover, I also help many people to integrate Aweber without any charges because I love to do that to help people.

Pros

Specially Aweber has great amount of templates to use for different type of emails to send out for email marketing. Moreover, they have best integration way to integrate their system with landing page. Even they provide an API option so we can easily integrate our custom workflow with website or mobile applications. I found, they have excellent email tracking history and reports. By this tracking details, we can easily find how it delivered to our customers, they the email got opened and clicked on any link which we had in email body part. Overall, my experience is fantastic to use Aweber to use it for all my clients so far. I also help people to integrate Aweber with their landing page without any charging because it doeant take much time for me so if any help needed, I would surely help you. Thanks

Cons

I found only one and that is you need to have bit knowledge of how email marketing works. But, thats a part of any email marketing though!

Adrian K.

Easy to use and great support

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

I use AWeber for list managament especially for new projects where I want to test a market before allocating resources to build a website. It works really well for that. Split testing is easy and their support is very good. The landing pages could be more controllable but actually that probably isn't the most important thing in a campaign (Although you could say why bother to split test then, well that would be a good point). I would like to be able to put video in there because that does make a difference to engagement. I guess they'll add it at some point. It's not full of features like ClickFunnels but then it's much more reasonably priced as a result!

Pros

I can set up a list campaign quickly and easily without even needing a website

Cons

I can't put video in the AWeber landing page

Response from AWeber

Hi Adrian. Thanks so much for your review! I noticed your comment about not being able to put video on your landing page. We do allow that by simply adding the link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo. If you need assistance with it, please contact our Customer Solutions team.

O. kelvin K.

Great Tool For Email Marketing, But Pricey For Startups

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Overall, Aweber delivers on it's promises, customer service is top-notch as well.

I currently signed up for their affiliate marketing, I would recommend it to my audience.

8/10, that's my personal rating.

Pros

I like the high level of deliver-ability from Awebers' server(s), emails deliver to inbox almost all the time, so long you check for spam trigger words.

I have been using Aweber for over 6 months now, and I think it's a great value for money.
It has all the essential features anyone would need to grow their business online.

Cons

I still think it's a bit pricey if you ask me, email marketing could be cheaper and better. I know how hard I had to work to get to where I am.

Email marketing is very essential to the growth of an online business, but the cost sometimes scares away struggling startups.

Jeremy H.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Aweber review from a long time user

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

There is usually a free trial available to try Aweber. Aweber also plays nicely with WordPress and hundreds of other integrations.

Pros

I've been using Aweber for close to 10 years on and off. I've tried other similar programs such as Mail Chimp and Infusionsoft, but have always come back to Aweber as my autoresponder of choice. I know some of this may have to do with the fact that I learned their system first, but I also think they have a very simple interface and the layout seems logical to me.

Cons

The only con I can see is that cost increases the larger your list becomes. This may be OK in situations where the ROI increases as your list size increases, but could be a negative for non-profits who have calls to action that are not monetized.

Ina-eliza G.
  • Industry: Insurance

A very good software for my email marketing

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

I am satisfied with the prices and the features that Aweber offers. I also like the fact that they are evolving paying attention to what the market is asking for.

Pros

I like that the price is a medium one and that I get all the features available, no matter what is the payment plan I chose. I pay more only if my list is bigger, but if my list is bigger it means that I have more clients and I am earning more. I find this thing great!

Cons

For me, it is not a con, as it is enough for what I am doing now, but for some, it might be the fact that it offers basic features regarding automation. If you need a more complex automation feature, then AWeber is not for you.

Jess B.

Awesome Email Marketing Software for Newbies

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Pros

Aweber is the first EMS I ever used. They offer an excellent service at reasonable rates with lots of great features. They also offer discounts if you pay quarterly or annually which is helpful if you hate monthly charges.

It's pretty easy to import your list to Aweber, they offer phone, email and chat support, they have a wide variety of responsive email templates, list segmentation, some decent integrations and basic marketing automation.

Cons

Split testing doesn't seem to be available currently which is isn't ideal. If you need this feature I suggest GetResponse. I also think MailChimp and GetResponse provide superior reporting options.

Esther T.

Aweber is great for email marketing

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

I am excited to have my landing page created directly from Aweber

Pros

This software makes my email marketing easy.

Cons

I am not really sure what I don’t like with this software

Eunice A.

Great use for collecting email lead marketing

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

I firmly recommend AWeber Email Marketing for people who needs email marketing as for it really does promote powerful and easy to use tool.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to compose emails, and easy to add contacts. I couldn't do better without AWeber email marketing.

Cons

We had been using AWeber email marketing for years now and all I can say is that we haven't switch to other software.

Alex F.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Good for startups, small online business

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Pros

Aweber has been around about as long as the internet has been... it's mature and proven, and it's pricing has come down relative to other marketing software over the years. Broad integration means startups should have no trouble wrangling a system together with other software.

Cons

Aweber has been mostly focused on internet-first businesses with large lists, and technical people, so I wouldn't recommend it for everyone

Judyann L.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Professionally Appealing

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Pros

Well designed templates, added to the drag/drop option for preparing emails. I like the blog to email list aspect where I can automatically deliver a new blog post in an attractive email.

Cons

I wish I could sort duplicates easier to avoid sending emails to people who signed up on different sites and lists.

Charles vincent K.

Better valuefor moneyThe and better service

Reviewed on 08/09/2017

Pros

The layout and quality of resources are easy to locate are open rate for emails are far much better than other responders. The staff are so freindly and helpful should experince technical problem.

Jessica B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Amazing product

Reviewed on 09/10/2016

Very easy to use. When I had questions customer service was quick to help and very kind. Highly recommended this to anyone and everyone.

Pros

Everything is easy to use

Cons

None

Jenna F.

Broad spectrum software!

Reviewed on 08/10/2016

Capterra was a completely foreign name to me until I did extensive research on the products, philosophy and services offered. There are more than four hundred software programs, this was the big statement that really drew me in to learn more. Whether you run a non profit, or a church, or a restaurant the software program list is endless and accesible. I'm sure if you had a lemonade stand you would be able to find the product you needed. Navigating the site is easy as well and they don't try to push other products onto you. The customer service is amazing as well and really focuses on customer satisfaction which in turn makes people repeat customers and word of mouth starts spreading so more people can learn about the company. Thank you capterra for helping me go forward with my non profit organization !

Pros

Simplicity and variety of programs.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Great to use, until it wasn't great (no go for affiliate marketing)

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

It was great, until it wasn't great.
the email deliverability is good.
The forms are basic.
Support was terrible.

Pros

I liked the simplicity
I like that it was easy to use
I like the quality of email deliverability
I like the price when it is still small size list, affordable for newbie

Cons

As an affiliate marketer, I was using AWeber. I was sending affiliate links periodically to my list.
It was all good for a few months, until one day I discovered my account was suspended.
Unfortunately, at the time I had paid marketing campaign and my follow up emails were going out.
I only found out 2-3 days later.
It took 11 days to have the support get back to me and restore my account.
By that stage, I moved everything to GetResponse because of the poor support.

Nathan S.
  • Industry: Publishing

Average e-mail marketing company

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Pros

They seem to make sure people using their service don't use it for anything shady which improves open rates.

Cons

Only does e-mail while similar services offer e-mail along with other features

Dali B.

Easy to Use. Number 1 Choice for 8 Years

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

It's easy to use and integrate with a WordPress website. I own multiple sites and lists and use this for email marketing across the board.

Cons

I've used several platforms and have found this one to be the easiest to use and integrate with my websites.

Evelyn grace C.

Aweber Email Marketing - A good to use software for digital marketing.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

It was a good experience in total. You just have to familiarize yourself with all its features and functionalities to use it well to your advantage in email marketing.

Pros

I like the functionality that you can send email campaign to a group of recipients in just a simple click. I also like that there is a template that you can use for the email and that you can add images, logos, and customized email signature.

Cons

It takes time to get familiarized with using the software. It took several trial and error before I was able to get it right the way I wanted my email campaign to look like. You need to go through with the tutorials to make yourself acquainted with all the features and functionalities of the software.

Micah B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Aweber is a pretty solid software

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

I think it is solid, you dont need to replace the Aweber Email Marketing software. Price would only give some people reservations, but besides that it's good.

Pros

If you spend time in it, things will become easier. You don't need tech support a lot of the times. You can figure it out for the most part.

Cons

The landing page functionality, not great. It is not a clickfunnels or anything like that. Landing page is not innovative, but it would do the job if you like a simple layout.

Michael C.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Entry Level Price, With Decent Features

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

It was a good learning platform, but ultimately it did not have enough functionality for my specific goals.

Pros

Automated email funnels were easy to implement.

Cons

Tracking, tagging features were difficult to manage.

Renea H.

Support Is Exceptional!

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

Pros

AWeber has an app so you can handle email campaigns on the go. Pricing is just where I need it to be. Emails are responsive.

Cons

I would like more choices on the templates. With everything being mobile responsive, I need more choices of how things look good on mobile.

Katreena W.

Great product

Reviewed on 09/10/2016

Awesome product easy to ise user friendly very very great. Absolutely love it wouldnt use anything else

Oo M.

I like it

Reviewed on 01/10/2016

I like their ease of use and the features they always do good things for my company and like I just love it ..

...