AWeber

Barry
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Came back to Aweber

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

I was an Aweber customer for several years and left to try other competitors. Even though some competitors were a little less monthly cost, they probably cost me more in the long run because of the time wasted in frustration. Aweber works seamlessly with my OptimizePress Smart theme. I enjoy the peace of mind again.

Pros

I love the ease of integration with other platforms. I used Aweber for several years and left to try other low-priced autoresponder services. I learned my lesson. I came back to Aweber recently. They are the best.

Cons

I have no negatives to list. It's the easiest, most intuitive service I have used.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I felt Aweber was easier to use and very affordable.
Angelica
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Streamlining Email Campaigns: Maximizing Efficiency with AWeber

Reviewed on 13/06/2023

I used AWeber to manage email updates and communications with stakeholders, such as researchers, collaborators, and industry partners, during my internship at the university's Department of Pharmaceutical Development and Research. Building professional connections, exchanging research discoveries, and successfully disseminating information all benefited from the software. AWeber's user-friendly UI and adaptable templates made creating emails quick and easy while maintaining brand consistency. The automated features improved communication efficiency by enabling customized messages and guaranteeing prompt follow-ups. We could monitor engagement levels and modify our email campaigns as needed thanks to AWeber's dependable deliverability and analytics. AWeber was essential in establishing departmental collaborations and supporting our study.

Pros

AWeber provides businesses with a strong email marketing solution that enables them to engage their audiences and get results. Without any coding experience, you can easily design professional-looking email campaigns using its user-friendly editor and drag-and-drop functionality. With the help of AWeber's automation features, businesses can communicate with customers in a targeted and personalized way, nurturing leads and forging lasting relationships. The program offers in-depth analytics and reporting that provide insightful data on subscriber behavior and campaign performance. The wide template collection and customisable sign-up forms offered by AWeber further improve lead generation and brand consistency. AWeber is a dependable option for companies of all sizes looking to maximize their email marketing efforts because to its exceptional customer support and consistent deliverability.

Cons

AWeber has many advantages, but there are also certain things to take into account. When compared to some contemporary email marketing platforms, the software's user interface could feel a little archaic. Although it offers the most fundamental automation features, more complex workflows could call for extra integrations or workarounds. AWeber's price model, which is based on the amount of subscribers, could be difficult for companies with lists that are expanding quickly. The template customization choices may not offer as much freedom as other rivals, but being enough for the majority of needs. Despite these drawbacks, AWeber is a good option for email marketing needs thanks to its extensive feature set, deliverability rates, and customer support.

Ben
Ben
  • Industry: Information Services

From Hero to Zero

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

It's a shame Aweber fell from our grace so monumentally. I'd been a loyal customer for several years, but when things went wrong they did so so disastrously and caused real damage to our business. When you're emailing thousands of people, technical glitches are not OK, especially if they can't be explained.

Ironically, it's only been moving to another provider that has really served to highlight how dated Aweber is.

Pros

AWeber was my first email marketing system and I was happy with it for several years. It's fairly easy to use despite having a rather clunky and old-fashioned interface. Email deliverability is reasonably good and the support team responds quickly. It's also staffed with people and not bots.

Cons

Sadly, Aweber completely destroyed an email campaign and lost me money. I had set up a sequence of emails and twice been on to support so they could confirm it was done correctly. When the time came, the emails went out in the wrong order, annoying customers I'd spent years building up and making our company look very unprofessional. Despite personal phone calls and apologies, Aweber seemed to lose interest and have yet to explain what happened.

Suzanne
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Old faithful

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

It's been both a positive and negative experience. I'm still not sure I will stay with them longterm.

Pros

Aweber has stood the test of time. It is easy to get set up and get going. I like that it is stable, and it is always encouraging to me when I see that very successful people whose emails I let into my inbox are using Aweber.

Their customer service was very helpful to me when I was getting my account set up and had questions on a few things.

Cons

I do not care for their boring confirmation messages, and the fact that if I want something that is different, I have to get approval from them before I can use it.

I also saw a huge flaw when I participated in a promotional event with several others who also use Aweber. Apparently, when somone signs up for several email lists that are all hosted on Aweber, in a short space of time, Aweber sees that behavior as "spammy" and automatically unsubscribes that person from all the lists he/she subscribed to.

Their argument is that it protects Aweber customers and it protects their system overall. The problem is that it is unsubscribing people who actually want to receive these emails and if you are delivering a product by email, or even giiving information by email on how the new subscriber can receive that product, then the subscriber will never get that email.

When I contacted Aweber about this twice, the support staff was very blasé about this. One support staff member was good enough to remove the block and resubscribe the persons who had been removed so they subscriber could get the emails. Another refused to do so, and said that the subscriber would have to contact them to remove the block. How many people are actually going to take this extra step to receive emails???

• Industry: Medical Practice

Mass Emails made easy, especially if you do Campaigns

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

I found it a little bit of a learning curve, because it is powerful and has a lot of html graphical ability which is pretty and designer friendly like if I was a web designer, which I am not. The greatest equalizer there is the award winning easily accessible tech support. Their customer service is hospitality devine!

Pros

The ability to use multiple lists, OR the same list with segments.

Cons

I would love to be able to sort alphabetically inside AWeber my lists, to match with other databases to ensure that I have not missed someone. You have to export to excel for that feature or functionality. One other element threw me, it's case sensitive in other words if you search KATHY you will not find Kathy.

Salesforce Service Cloud and Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

The campaign strength variety of options and overall support awards.
Djordje
Djordje

Top email marketing tool

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

From the start, everything was clear for me, and I got into the software almost immediately. Every further step I have made was smooth, and what I expected. It saves a lot of time and makes sure that your emails will be delivered. Also, you get great analytics, which helps you plan for your next steps.

Pros

This software has everything that I could imagine I will need for my email campaigns. Also, there handling of potential spam mail is excellent. When you do the campaign using this software, likely, you would not have problems with your emails being characterized as spam.

Cons

To be affordable, you need to have a large number of subscribers and mail campaigns. It is not for small users or companies that have sporadic email campaigns.

Carma
Carma

Long Time User -- Haven't Switched Yet

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

I've been a member of Aweber for a very long time. They have been good to me and are quite affordable for all the features I receive.

Pros

Aweber is relatively easy to use and has most of the functions I need.

Cons

There are still some features that aren't available that make my life less easy than I'd like. However, I haven't found anything better so far.

• Customer Support Software

Aweber: One of the most beginner friendly email marketing tools

Reviewed on 30/05/2022

Aweber covers my email marketing needs

Aweber covers my email marketing needs

Pros

Honestly I loved email campaign management system the most

Cons

For me it would be mobile optimization because for me it needs more work

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

The feature caught my eyes more and more value
Craige Hardel
Craige Hardel

Fastastic product

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

it's been really good to use actually and integrates with my website page builder which is awesome

Pros

Aweber really works well, integrate with almost anything and has awesome support

Cons

automation features are lacking. Something more complex can be cumbersome to setup

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Turn email management into robust lead to sale concersion

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Very good

Very good

Pros

This software helps us be sure we don’t keep sending invitation and sale email content to prospects who are now customers. Awebber gave us automation where we were needing to keep a physical eye on email lists. And cross reference information.

Cons

It’s not as easy to create content in as a long time competitor- and there is a customer service element that the same company excels in. However. The other things Awebber offers us are worth it.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

Switch is not completely true. We really use both but for different things now.

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

The ability to convert prospects to customers
Dominic

Aweber Review

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

I love that we can have automation when someone opts in to an offer we can have a series of emails to send out to them on a consistent basis. Also is great to send out a blast periodically to all clients/patients at once to keep them informed of announcements or offers.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and also integrates with most other platforms that I use. It's well known and has been around for many years. It's one of the simplest email marketing software that I have used so far. I like the fact that they are continuously improving the product.
I like the drag and drop builder. Easy breezy!

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like. It is a great product.

ActiveCampaign, Sendlane, and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

I felt like Aweber offered more options and integrated with more platforms. Also, at the time, they didn't have double opt in feature.

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

Reasonably priced and most popular.
Kiva
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Excellent software at a great price

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Pros

I've tested many marketing software applications like this and Aweber stands out among them for a few reasons. They have top-notch customer service that is really helpful and they really care. And it shows because they actually offer phone support, something so few marketing software companies actually do. Aweber has a ton of features and their pricing is excellent for what you get. It is also super easy to use and to set up and overall it is designed in a really intuitive way.

Cons

It could have better reporting features and a nicer interface, but neither of those are big issues.

Response from AWeber

Thank you so much for the review, Kiva! If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

Jason
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

Way better than MailChimp.

Reviewed on 14/05/2022

I switched to AWeber from MailChimp after learning about how bad MailChimp does with keeping our emails out of the Spam folder. I reached out to AWeber’s customer support multiple times and I can vouch for how AMAZING they all were.

Pros

Customer service is AMAZING when you need them. I can’t stress that enough. Once you learn your way around AWeber, it’s not too difficult to start creating campaigns and sending mass emails out. I love being able to have multiple list for different products and services. The A/B split testing is a really nice feature as well. They also help you connect your website domain host to help you stay out of the spam folder.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to it. Setting up your host domain to prevent emails from landing in the spam folder is not an easy thing to setup but that’s a complicated process for ANY email marketing software.

Frank
  • Industry: Newspapers

• Customer Support Software

Aweber customer service is the best

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

Highly satisfactory

Highly satisfactory

Pros

Fantastic customer service. Reps are bright, knowledgeable, and very interested in solving my problems.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of at present

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

Customer help videos, and fantastic customer service. [sensitive content hidden] was excellent today in quickly solving an issue that I was having with my lists.
Pedro

• Customer Support Software

Alternative Aweber for those starting out.

Reviewed on 07/08/2021

Aweber is great, it has benefited me in many ways with my email campaigns.

I know exactly who is...

Aweber is great, it has benefited me in many ways with my email campaigns.

I know exactly who is opening my emails and clicking on referral links or sales pages in my automations.

That way I can create accurate reports for non-interacting people or buyers and etc...

This is a big help to increase your sales, because you can focus a strong campaign on the right people, just by looking at the reports generated by the tool.

I have an excellent relationship with aweber, the first 3 months were tense, but she helped me to get the necessary results to continue in the fight.

Pros

An extremely fantastic tool when it comes to email delivery.

Incredible accuracy of my automations. Without a doubt it's one of the best I've ever used.

A great help for those who are just starting out and don't have much capital to invest. Because aweber allows you to use and learn about the tool for free for 3 months.

In addition to the company's integrity in providing knowledge to its customers and users, they fill their inbox with hundreds of emails almost daily, but it's just to inform about the tool and its features, free courses and lectures for better performance.

aweber support is very good and fast, prompt service, they always solved problems for me immediately.

Also, I used several free Landing Pages templates with fantastic layouts and almost automatic. I just needed to choose the model and just type a call to action.

For everything, I recommend aweber, an outstanding service.

Cons

Negative points about this tool, I don't have.

But just an addendum, for those outside the US and needing to use the tool, it's a great idea while using the free months.

But if you're setting up and collecting leads in your campaigns, no results.

You may get frustrated, as the payment will be a little expensive, taking into account the dollar's value in relation to other countries.

But on the whole, I have no criticisms about this software.

Carol
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

Pros

I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

Cons

I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

Kenny
Kenny

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use email marketing platform

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

AWeber is easy to use and I've always received great support when I contacted their helpdesk. Usually got helped within minutes. I can tell the support agents and team really care about the customers. I would recommend AWeber if you're looking for a good email marketing platform that offers great email deliverability and customer support.

Pros

I like how easy AWeber is to get started with. Everything is well-organized (lists, subscribers, tags...) and you can quickly have your email list ready to accept subscribers. I found other autoresponders or email marketing tools either too complicated or lacking features. AWeber keeps it easy for beginners and has quite some advanced features for the professional email marketer. It also has many integrations with other tools, which is good for the professionals.

Cons

No cons here. I've been using this tool for over a decade. If I'm being picky, maybe some extra automations could be added, but so far I've been able to do all the things that are essential for my email business.

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel

Awesome!

Reviewed on 26/03/2023

Pros

It allows me to quickly create engaging emails with their drag-and-drop email builder. I also appreciate that I can track the success of my emails with their comprehensive reporting suite. Additionally, I love the variety of automated features like segmentation, list segmentation, and automation rules. All of these features make AWeber a great choice for businesses looking to maximize the impact of their email marketing campaigns.

Cons

AWeber has some features that I found difficult to use. For example, I found the automation rules difficult to configure, and the interface was a bit overwhelming. Additionally, the customer service was not always helpful or responsive to my inquiries. I also found that some of the reporting was not very detailed and I was not able to access some of the data I needed.

Kreasan
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

Aweber is a game changer email campaigns tool. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 30/12/2023

By the best. Aweber takes the lead in streamlining email campaigns. Automation is achievable and it quite relatable.

Pros

I want to start by passing my gratitude to the customer service team for their support all along. They have made integration especially during the initial set-up easy and fun. Well organized dashboard making customization and navigation quite easy. On the performance, for the period I have used Aweber, everything has worked well and for the few tough times, the customer service team has always been present to assist. Reliability is at top notch and accuracy of results is quite dependable. I highly recommend Aweber.

Cons

Cool. I have not experienced much negativity with Aweber. It's difficulties are easy to fix.

Ismaël Huberson
Ismaël Huberson
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Aweber

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Pros

Aweber is without a doubt one of the best email marketing tools.It is complete and easy to use.Ideal for creating email campaigns and landing pages.

Cons

Aweber suits me to run my online business efficiently.

Simon

Good beginner option for email marketing

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Generally AWeber is a good solid piece of software and was ideal for the first stages of email marketing. I had no problems with it at all .Once you start getting more than 500 subscribers you have to make a decision on the features you need and pricing bands for other companies. AWeber is still very competitive at under $20/month, but other competitors have superior features.

Pros

Price (free for first 500 subscribers), subscriber tagging, Wordpress plugin, landing pages and forms, Google Analytics

Cons

At the time, the pricing for more than 500 subscribers didn't work for me so I switched products to ConvertKit

Pricing and features
Jacob
Jacob
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Used for 2+ years

Really bad platform

Reviewed on 15/07/2018

I did not get many benefits and had a bad experience overall - i no longer care this happened months ago I am over it but since I am writing a review on software i have used, I would advise all honestly to stay away as my story seems far from unique and had other bad experiences which i don't have time to list - MailChimp is a pretty good alternative if you are checking out ESPs

Pros

It is relatively easy to use its not hard to figure out for most beginners and has basic templates and campaigns which should

Cons

Stay away! Their RSS campaign did not send out for a while and then on its own sent out 6 emails at once really pissing off our readers they offered us a discount of 30% if we signed a two year contract after I said it was an inexcusable mistake which cost me hundreds of dollars in unsubscribes and possibly thousands and pissed off my entire email list. 30% off their inflated high price which they had just boosted was not worth it - i have heard many experts and users tell me of Aweber nightmare stories since my experience. I would recommend mailchimp as an option for basic users, i would advice all to stay away from Aweber

Kehinde

My experience with Aweber

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

For easy to use Email Marketing Platform, Aweber is just the best that I have used.

Pros

The singular thing I so much love about Aweber is their User Interface UI. It is so simple and straightforward. Everything you needed are at the right place.

Their inbox rate in superb, from experience I normally have up to100% inbox rate. My list is less than 2000 subscribers but then I believe their system sends out emails as though it's sending directly to one person at a time.

Their landing pages are simple and easy to customize. They have Javascript, plugins for different CMS and blogging platform and Html though I use the html mostly.

Cons

Actually, Many times I had wanted to create a more sophisticated web forms but their platform is not compatible for it. What I am trying to say is that I have had needs for forms that help people to take a short survey thereby building my list with it or a two-step form but the feature is included.
Aside that, every other things are just perfect.

Michelle
Michelle
  • Used for 1+ year

Not Great for Small Business

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

This was the first email marketing software that I used when I first opened my massage practice, based on the recommendation of someone who owned a much larger business. Turns out size matters when choosing an email marketing system. While it was great for my friend with a larger business, it was too simultaneously too much and not enough for my microbusiness

Pros

It offered a functional email marketing service that complied with the Can-Spam act

Cons

It was not intuitive to use and because I'm such a small business, I had the smallest/cheapest plan which gave me less functionality. I couldn't store images or create templates with my plan, which meant I had to recreate the wheel every time I sent an email.

Response from AWeber

Hi Michelle. Thanks so much for your feedback. I see that it's been several years since you were a customer. I wanted to let you know that a lot has changed since then and the limitations you mentioned no longer exist (e.g., ability to store your own images, create templates, etc.). In fact, every customer has access to all features and functionality, regardless of their rate. We do not have pricing tiers that limit functionality. We hope you'll consider giving AWeber another try. We offer a 30-day free trial and would be happy to do a brief demo for you, if you'd like. - BO

• Industry: Media Production

Great Pricing, Amazing Support

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Solid, solid, solid.

Solid, solid, solid.

Pros

Amazing support, I did a side by side comparison customer support test for 5 other vendors and they responded the most thoroughly and the fastest. The API is thorough and haven't had any issues. Interface just works. It has all the stuff you need. The unlimited email sends for pricing is great, most vendors charge you for emails after a certain point.

Cons

The templates were a bit confusing, wish it had an advanced mode for interface with more bells and whistles so you don't have to use API to make anything advanced.