Campaigner

Powerful Email Marketing Automation Suite

3.9 /5 (345 reviews) Write a Review!
3.7
3.7
Corinne F.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Great Mailing List Organizer

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

We are able to track when students open our email ad on key factor is when they miss a deadline or go against the rules or say they never knew about it, we can pinpoint and address accordingly.

Pros

The ability to upload your mailing list was a great timesaver in creating our multiple structure of specific groups. In addition being able to see the analytics and figure out how to structure future mailouts

Cons

It would be nice to be able to totally customize your template on your own, as sometimes you may want to change the layout and it's a hassle to contact the team to get it done.

Dj K.
Industry: Legal Services

Design with functionality

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

We are able to automate a portion of our sales process and reach a lot more possible clients in a short amount of time. We are also able to send visually appealing email campaigns to current clients.

Pros

The reason I chose to use Campaigner over all of the other email marketing software companies is because it allowed me to have the option to fully design the email by writing code, but also gave me the ability to design the email using templates and other built in design tools.

Cons

One thing that I would change is to make sending reoccurring emails to different lists easier. I find that I wind up copying previous emails just so I can assign a new list of recipients.

Response from j2 Global

Hi DJ,

Thanks very much for leaving this feedback for Campaigner, it helps us to understand better what your experience has been like and what your needs are.

I am happy to hear that our full email editor meets your satisfaction, we wanted to give our users the full freedom of full HTML customization but also have it easy to switch back and forth from the WYSIWYG.

In regards to your reoccurring campaigns that require different lists, I believe I have a good solution for this. We would simply need to create copies of all reoccurring campaigns which require different lists, edit accordingly and schedule them out.

Also, we have the ability to use dynamic segmentation and dynamic content. Certain recipients see content which is tailored to them based upon which segment they belong to. It's a really great way to design and send one email which meets the needs of a diverse base of subscribers. We would be happy to show you more, reach out anytime.

Best,

Carina S.
Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

I have been using campaigner for about 10 years and my experience is always good, tech support great

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

nothing really

Pros

great tech support! I probably would have gone to another service but your text support is so good - I love the fact that I can talk to a real person, I don't have to wait on hold forever and they are always kind, even when I am not such a tech savvy person, they are still patient and helpful.

Cons

the interface is a bit PC, in that I mean it's not very intuitive, it's not visually pleasing, which I think if you want to show people how to send out well-designed pleasing emails to their customer it should be more graphically interesting. I completely create my own emails and I do not use any of your templates because they are not designed well.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Carina,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform.

We love all the feedback and have passed it along to our team.

If you have any questions feel free to let us!

-The Campaigner Team

Courtney H.
Industry: Higher Education

Frequent marketer for both internal and external

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

we are a small company and do not have a customer service advocate; I am also self - taught and turn to the faq/help guide often. there are webinars offered but when looking for specific information that i would think is rather basic referred to youtube videos that are long. An FAQ or user forum would be great. additionally, the creative side and reporting I find a bit limited.

Pros

I am a self-taught user; the software is something that can be figured out

Cons

When asking specific questions to support, am directed to YouTube tutorials that are 1hr in length. I need quick direct answers. I also have questions on best practices and basics in segmentation etc... little advice or direction is provided.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Courtney,

I want to thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for us as it gives us valuable insight to your experience.

In regards to our self help options, we are going to be releasing a new YouTube series of videos which are quick and to the point so please keep a look out for those.

Sarah N.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Campaigner Review

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

We love how we can easily, mass contact all of our contacts with Campaigner. It is quick, easy, and very user friendly. You can preview and edit your email blast before you send it out, saving us from being inefficient.
One of our staff just started using it, and is very comfortable using it because it is so user friendly and easy to use.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. You can easily search to see if the contact email is already in your mailing lists. We are able to have multiple lists to serve our needs. I love how you can use the back button to go back to what you were working on.

Cons

I dislike how sometimes you get an error stating that the attachment is too big, when in fact it is not. Often times, if you restart your email blast with the same attachment it will work, it is just a glitch in the system. But other than that, we are very pleased with the software.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Sarah,

Thanks very much for your wonderful feedback of Campaigner, and that you find it to be very user friendly. This is definitely one of our top priorities for our users.

In regards to the attachment issue you desctibed, we would love to look into this further and hope that you follow up with us.

Thanks very much,

Levent B.

Long-time user review

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Pros

Plenty of features such as segmentation, list management, sign up forms, good reporting. Ability to use Campaigner because of Canadian servers complying with privacy legislation in British Columbia

Cons

API integration needs improvement, account management (related to billing) requires even more improvement with prompt attention to inquiries and resolution of issues. Customer service could be more timely and provide better issue resolution experience.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Levent,

Thanks for taking the time to send us feedback, we really appreciate it. We're glad that your experience with us has been good and that our features have suited your needs.

Daniel B.
Industry: Construction

DB's Review Of Campaigner

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Overall, I would offer Campaigner as a solution over any other e-blast marketing tool for do-it-yourself size businesses. The ROI increase along with the ctr increase make campaigner when it's time get in front of my customers.

Pros

Campaigner's feel and ease of use played a big role in moving our business email marketing away from the competition.

Cons

The simple design of Campaigner seems to also translate into how the email themselves look like. Most likely, it is the "users" knowledge or lack of, that leaves our design lacking.

That is what I would like to see, "tricks", "tips", short video's teaching the "users" how to step up their game. IE How to make all photo's the same size or quick ways to clean your list and save. They have to be short and sweet and helpful INSTANTLY, uncomplicated.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Daniel,

Thank you very much for your wonderful and detailed feedback about Campaigner!

I am happy to inform that I will be releasing a series of updated videos just like what you are describing which will soon be available on our YouTube channel.

Sharon O.
Industry: Religious Institutions

it worked fine for my use

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

I didn't use all the features of this program. But it worked for me to send out a large amount of emails.

Pros

I felt it was safe to store addresses here. Wasn't bad to use and I'm not real good with computers.

Cons

Some people had problems with e-mails going to their trash. I couldn't delete old templates even though it said I could.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your feedback of Campaigner, it allows us to work on our product more to always ensure that it meets the standards of yourself as well as all of our users.

We have since made major upgrades to our email editor and hope that you are enjoying the additions and improvement. If you ever need us to show you around, please reach out anytime.

Industry: Newspapers

Really big disappointment - AVOID this ESP

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Really disappointing experience they charged me a lot of money and it was a year contract when features which were vital were not working i asked to pause billing till i could use the platform - i tried to negotiate instead they made general promises and when i asked specifically to pause billing so i can use it they locked me into a recurring billing despite many tech glitches and features not working. Now I am forced to dispute with my credit card company which is first time this year and something i almost never do. I dont recall ever being locked into such an expensive long term contract where so much inflexibility was shown especially when They promise a lot and deliver little. Also the PCMag review says Campaigner is great but Campaigner and PCMag are owned by the same parent company, i wish i had not read that review. Look at the review prior to mine also it seems that their service is deteroarting .

Pros

If the platform actually worked like it was supposed to and customer support was actually there i could mention 24/7 support and great features but this has not been the case at all

Mailchimp and Mailigen both of which i reviewed are far far better bets

Cons

Customer service is supposedly 24/7 but when i would go to chat with them online they were usually unavailable even during normal business hours. My dedicated account manager would not answer emails and when i had tech issues he would ant to schedule conference calls to give vague assurances even when the issues were specifically tech related and from their end. Also when i first signed up it took weeks to solve the issue which turned out to be related to a program many use (think like IOS) and they do not plan a fix anytime soon. So if you use this very popular sofgtwar you cannot use Campaigner on it for foreseeable future

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Lenny K.
Industry: Textiles

EMAIL MARKETING

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Great service....well worth the expense and time to learn.

Pros

The software is very easy to used once it is learned. There is some learning curve especially if your email blast content is anything other than a simple JPG. Along with the email marketing feature the ability to generate URL's is simple and quick. Customer support is very good and they respond quickly and efficiently.

Cons

The ability to use a pdf with function is not allowed. The software forces you to post a JPG an then assign further URL locations so that the receiver can view information selectively.

The software does provide a way around this and once you are familiar with the sequence of these functions its take only minutes to setup, define recipients, schedule when it is sent and then before actuating sending a test email to yourself.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Lenny,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this outstanding and detailed feedback for us.

Brian E.

It works. It takes some use and practice to become real familiar and proficient.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Pros

It supports key features we need like unsubscribe facility, reporting, etc.
It has supported our email communications and campaigns well.

Cons

Seems very slow to process any action submitted; and can be quirky sometimes...especially during edit mode

Response from j2 Global

Hello Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to review our platform. We appreciate the product feedback and have passed it on to our team.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us.

-The Campaigner Team

Justine P.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Campaigner can work but there is a lot of road blocks before you get a functioning email.

Reviewed on 18/09/2017

Good for big mailing lists a various segments.

Pros

Segmenting is easy. CASL Compliant. Very interesting webinar sessions are often offered. Adding Google Analytics tracking is built-in.

Cons

The system is often very slow. The interface is not friendly. (compare to other engine that are using drag and drop and multiple layouts) The emails are not responsive. Even when we contact the company for a built ''on-measure'' template, the template is hard to use and not responsive.
The A/B testing often make the campaigns crash. This lead to campaigns that weren't sent properly and almost no response with the customer service on the week-ends (even on week days to be honest). Reports could be easier to consult and more detailed too.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Justine,

Thank you for taking the time to review our platform and for bringing these issue to our attention. We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered and have sent off the feedback you have provided to our product team. We hope to rectify these issues you mentioned as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We are happy to hear that you do enjoy using some of our features.

Please do let us know if you have any questions or comments in the future, we will be more than happy to help in any way we can.

-The Campaigner Team

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Willis T.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Unreliable

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Pros

when it works it's fast and provides good backend analysis capabilities

Cons

when it's not working it just spins until you give up

Response from j2 Global

Hello Willis,

Thank you for this feedback, in regards to your feedback, we would love to ensure that we have done everything possible to ensure you are having the best experience possible.

Please reach out anytime.

Best,

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jim J.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Decent Email Program

Reviewed on 28/08/2020

Pros

I use primarily for email blasts to customers. It works for me - easy to copy previous emails and make adjustments. Easy to update contact lists.

Cons

I frequently run into challenges with adding content. The spacing and fonts get messed up. The support team tells me it has something to do with Chrome and how chrome views the emails. I woudl think you would build it to integrate better with the largest browser.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Jim,

We very much appreciate your feedback, it is a insight into your experience and helps us to make continued improvements to our product.

Please be sure to check our our new Drag and Drop editor as it should greatly help you with your email design.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Cam C.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Good, hands off contact

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

Pros

We don't have a lot of time to manage systems like this and Campaigner takes a lot of that on for us, which is great. We have rules around which types of these programs we can use (Canadian spam laws) and this checks the right boxes.

Cons

Non, really. It operates well in the back ground.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Cam,

Thanks for giving us feedback! We're happy that Campaigner has been able to to fit your needs, and we really appreciate the feedback.

Laura F.
Industry: Sports

Clunky at times, but great customer support

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Pros

Great customer support. I like the ease of using a good template or just creating one on my own. Analytics are good.

Cons

Help section is not helpful; can be clunky in the user interface ... you often have to go through extra steps. It's a lot easier to use the html editor and write your code then often using the templates ... that's not a positive.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Laura,
Thanks for taking the time to review us!

We saw that our help site was out dated which is why we just released a new knowledge base, you can find it here (https://knowledge.campaigner.com).

Let us know if you have any additional questions or comments you would like to share.

Thanks!
The Campaigner Team

Genevieve F.

Great option for small business

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Pros

Campaigner is very easy to use, and offers several options for creating email templates. The customer service is very good, and the pricing is reasonable.

Cons

The templates worked for most of our needs, however it would have been helpful to have more templates offered.

Response from j2 Global

Hello there Genevieve,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform.We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools to help you and your customers build effective email marketing campaigns.

Thanks for the feedback on our templates, we have passed that information over to the product team.

If you ever run into any issues or have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact us! We will be more than happy to help in any way we can.

-The Campaigner Team

Nicoda A.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Campaigner is a great way to start sharing with your network

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Pros

Campaigner offers an easy way to send out something you'd like to share. We use it for our weekly newsletter and any other announcements we might like to share. The setup is easy to do and the execution is simple. The customer service for this software is great in being helpful and friendly.

Cons

It's hard to customize things to your tastes. The software only lets you do things a certain way and could offer more freedom in creating templates and products.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Nicoda,

Thank you very much for this valuable feedback and I am glad to hear that you have been happy with your overall experience. We have also since released our new drag and drop editor, we hope that you have tried it as it should greatly improve your email design experience.

Mark S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

I seem to find the bugs

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

It’s an affordable product compared to other products where you are charged by your contact list however I was constantly dealing with issues. It was set up poorly when It was originally set up and then never got corrected. If we would have started fresh it might have been better but they’re not hipaa compliant and won’t sign a baa.

Pros

Things are pretty intuitive. It’s easy to find what you’re looking for.

Cons

It’s super buggy. There are always things going wrong with it. Hope that you don’t get an escalation because your issue will go into a black hole.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate the feedback. We will review the information here with our support team.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Elizabeth V.
Industry: Performing Arts

Campaigner Works Well

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Good but we run into inconsistent formatting issues that require us to reach out for help with code. Would prefer a completely drag and drop/cut and paste system.

Pros

Campaigner is easy to use with an attractive format.

Cons

Weird formatting issues arise for people who don't know code. Fonts, spacing, etc.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for us, we do greatly appreciate it. I hope that you have had a chance to check out our new Drag & Drop email editor, it will help you to create stunning, responsive emails with ease and no HTML experience is required.

Phil E.

Best semi-automatic email software

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Pros

The interface is easy to use and easy to navigate. Imports are the easiest of any software I have ever used including some higher end software.

Cons

The one thing I would say that is a con is building campaigns is not as easy as some programs. The campaigns should be more step by step then the way they are now.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Phil,
Thanks so much for reviewing our platform.

We appreciate the feedback you provided about campaign building and we have passed it over to our product team.

- Campaigner

Industry: Insurance

Simple to use and love the reporting

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Overall is positive. I am able to pull comprehensive reports, to A/B testing, and schedule campaigns very easily.

Pros

everything is very self explanatory and once you get your lists in there and your campaigns saved, it is easy to schedule campaigns and pull reports.

Cons

Working with the templates is a bit difficult sometime as far as getting the design right, dimensions, etc. It is sometimes a bit cumbersome to customize a campaign, but when I've gotten stuck with something, I get help right away using the chat.

Response from j2 Global

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to review our email marketing platform.

We are happy to hear of your success with Campaigner. We also appreciate the feedback and will pass it along to the appropriate team.

If you have any additional questions please do let us know.

Thanks
The Campaigner Team

Kayleigh B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Totally unimpressed with Campaigner

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Pros

Lots of (very dated) templates to choose from, offers image hosting (limited), and multiple users.

Cons

Where do I even begin with Campaigner. I couldn't believe how much my company was paying to use Campaigner when I found out. There's absolutely no drag and drop functionality, even though they've been mentioning beta testing for years now. Their supposedly responsive templates are NOT responsive at all, image hosting is limited and finding saved images is extremely hard to do. No matter what, any HTML templates created elsewhere seems to break within Campaigner.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Kayleigh,

Thank you for your review of Campaigner as it allows us to know exactly how you feel and what we need to work on.

I am happy to report that a new Drag and Drop editor with modern and mobile responsive templates has since become available, and we have had some excellent responses with it.

Should you ever like, we would be happy to demo it for you to see what your feedback on it is.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Marianne W.
Industry: E-Learning

Owner

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Not really sure that email marketing is successful anymore.

Pros

Don't like it at all. Came from Steamsend which was a much easier product to use.

Cons

The entire product. It is not easy to use or intuitive like streamsend was.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Marianne,

I appreciate very much that you took the time to leave this feedback.

We strive everyday to deliver a product which is both user friendly and delivers high level features to ensure that you are getting the best return of investment possible.

If you ever have any further specific feedback in regards to how we can continue to improve our product for you, we will always be happy to receive it.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Iris M.
Industry: Food Production
Company size: Self Employed

Meck

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

average

Pros

it was from a company that was local. it seemed easy and met my needs years ago.

Cons

it is not very flexible and cannot do alot of measurements.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Iris,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look into the items you raised here.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10