Lee K.
  • Industry: Computer Games

• Customer Support Software

GetResponse Email Software or something more?

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

When I started my business, I needed a way to digitally manage and track my engagement with potential customers and converted leads. I also needed a way to keep my content subscribers engaged and up to date with new content I was releasing. I decided to take a look at GetResponse and I am very glad I did. What I found was not just a simple email autoresponder, but a complete digital marketing platform. Sure, I am able to set up automated email lists and responders but it’s much more than that. I can manage my newsletters, and it’s an easy process because they even give you newsletter templates which are very convenient and easy to use, but you can create your own if needed.
One of the best features about GetResponse is the Workflow Editor, it allows me to set up specific processes, so I can create a landing page then perform an email collection task and push them to the content they were looking for in a fluid simple movement. Once the email is collected it can go into a holding pattern and the software will automatically send the contact a welcome email right away or at a specified time after the initial engagement. You can even set up emails in advance and time them to be delivered days after the initial contact to remind them of your brand and keep your business on their mind. The visual elements of the Workflow Editor make it so easy to set up very complex marketing and content delivery campaigns with very little effort. One of the most powerful email tools you can get.

Pros

Pros

The Ease of use for this platform is staggering for beginners and for proficient users alike. There are even training guides and videos to help you get up and running quickly. The platform has so many automations that you can set up to automate your onboarding process and you won’t believe how easy it is to set these up. There is a very powerful Workflow Editor that makes setting up a complete email marketing campaign a breeze and the templates are reasonably laid out, so you can build your whole campaign efficiently and quickly using templates or if you need a more complex setup you can build from scratch. Finally, the reports and statistics tools are very robust and can help you to understand what is working the best for your business and what campaigns need some rethinking. Additionally, the pro plan offers access to webinar marketing. All plans come with a free 30-day trial so you can get started with no upfront investment.

Cons

Cons

The smallest plan only allows for a 1000 subscriber list and access to the landing pages. If you grow fast you will need to bump up to the next level which cost more however you also then get access to 5000 subscribers and you get access to do the webinar marketing so it’s not really a negative. You also get access to several other useful features.

Longtime GetResponse User

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

One of the best parts of GetResponse is the customer service. I am one who likes to get on the phone to discuss a problem. But they have it set up where you're routed to a live chat. I was resistant to use this format but everyone I've ever worked with when I've had a problem has been courteous and very, very knowledgeable. Without exception, we've been able to go back and forth on chat and resolve my issue. So, while I do not like live chat, it has worked like a charm for my GetResponse account.

Pros

I like having an email service where I can house all my contacts. GetResponse allows me to maintain multiple lists. There are tons of templates where I can compose any kind of email I can imagine. All the emails I've ever sent are maintained as templates that I can re-use or study for their analytics. I can go into sent emails and see who opened which emails and who didn't open them. I pay for the service based on the number of active email addresses I have in the database. And, if anything ever happens to my site or my social media outlets, I always have my list to take with me wherever I go.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how they handle their billing. It seems the bill date moves every month. It makes me think I'm paying for 13 months in a calendar year instead of 12. I also don't like how they do their count to determine billing. For example, an email address on 3 separate lists counts as 3 separate contacts. So, you may not have hit their limit for billing with the overall number of addresses you have on file. But, segmenting your lists and having the same email address on multiple lists may put you over your count and move you into a higher billing tier. That may not bother you but for me, I am often scrubbing my lists for inactive email addresses to make sure I'm not paying for someone who never opens my email.s.

Thomas C.

GetResponse

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

I use GetResponse to generate leads through the landing pages feature while sending email newsletters to my lists daily. In addition, I use the autoresponder feature to have content and sales emails sent for me so I can spend more time building my business and traffic sources.

Pros

I love the ease of use and ability to create a very large backlog of emails quickly. I like to send out daily newsletters to my list and after about a week or so I will go back through and add those emails into an autoresponder that I will use for new leads that haven't been getting the original newsletters. This makes my life so much easier and allows me to spend less time on the platform while getting more done.
In addition, I love the Spam Score feature that helps keep my messages out of the spam folder. If your email is going to spam, your message isn't being heard.

Cons

I would like a little more landing page functionality. I find templates either have too much preloaded or not enough. I would like there to be more functionality similar to that of ClickFunnels or even Builderall. If there was further functionality to create sales funnels and take payments through GetResponse I think that will help as well. People like myself want to have everything all in one place for their business. If they can get all they need (landing pages, sales funnels, email marketing, automations) in one place it would make life much easier and GetResponse, in this case, a much more desirable platform.

Janice W.

Small Business, eLearning and Marketing Users must try

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Get Response is used mainly for landing pages and workflows (aka Funnels). Very very handy and eMail AutoResponders have been implemented easily.

You can save templates that you use over and over again and just adjust minor things for different applications or products/services.

Love the workflow that has abandoned cart and options of what to do if an email is read or not and waiting time to resend, etc...

Always learning more and more as they release following the BETA Test, more amazing features.

There is also a Webinar option that I have used.

Taught many of my Clients eMail Marketing by using Get Response. It made so much sense to them as many who create eLearning for sale do not realise that they need an automated system of some kind for tracking and selling via auto responders for residual income ROI.

Pros

Get Response gave me a very smooth and cohesive introduction to all the elements of email Marketing and Campaign Management. It simplified so many buzz words I have heard for years and is still doing amazing things for my clients too who are new to email marketing and campaign management.

Ease of Use and Great UI

Extremely useful for Branding your eMail Campaigns.

Cons

More tooltip text or hints , like a small hover box with information.

Also, clicking on the blue smile is apparently the home key that gets you back to the beginning, that is not clear and a tool tip hover box or some other 'accessibility' method would be useful. Other than that, I really do like Get Response as a mid-range eMail Campaign Management CRM

The Webinar did not always work well.

Lu wee T.

Affordable Premium Solution for E-mail Marketing and Autoresponders

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

I use GetResponse for my business site. It's been a great experience so far and I'll continue using it for marketing.

Pros

I've been a customer of GetResponse for the last 3 years and I'll continue to be for the foreseeable future for the following reasons:

- Great price - GetResponse is a powerful marketing tool with a suite of features that makes it competitive with more expensive solutions out there
- Autoresponders - this is a must-have marketing tool these days. GetResponse's highly-rated autoresponder features were one reason I switched over from another similarly priced tool.
- Easy-to-use designers - This was also one of the features that made me switch over to GetResponse. I simply love the drag-and-drop designing interfaces for forms, emails and landing pages! They make my website look professional.
- Landing pages - This would have cost some extra money if it were not included. While not the most innovative solution out there, it's a nice-to-have alongside the core features.

Cons

I've been building my mailing list with the old interface and while a little ugly, was pretty intuitive to use. The new interface is a bit hard to get used to. I love the software, but I hope the new interface becomes easier to use!

Also, while GetResponse is great for marketing most products, but it's not yet equipped for heavy e-commerce.

Ian U.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Moving the goalposts

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

I will be dropping GetResponse when my current 2 year contract with them comes to an end in August. They have completely changed their pricing structure, and have hugely inflated prices in the 2 years I have been using them. I can keep my current contract with current list size (5,000), but to increase my list size as our business grows means a HUGE jump in price up to the next level.
When I contacted customer support they offered no help. "Yes," they said. "Prices have changed any you are correct, that is what you now have to pay if you want to expand your business."
Do yourself a favour, and don't even start with this goalpost-moving company. Use BirdSend instead.

Pros

GetResponse is a fully featured mailing list software which offers a wealth of options. Lots of templates and great automation options too. It really can do it all.

Cons

The software is fairly complicated and has quite a steep learning curve, so sometimes it can be difficult to find out how to achieve your goal. There will be a way to do it, but it can take some time to figure it out. However, for the biggest con, see my next answer below...

Affordable Email Marketing

Reviewed on 05/05/2019

I've used GetResponse for 5 or 6 years and I've always been happy with it. It didn't take me very long to understand all of the basic features and I've found it to be extremely reliable. It works like it should and I very rarely had any issues at all.

Pros

- GetResponse is fairly easy to set up and start using quickly. There's not a big learning curve.
- Priced well. Not extremely cheap, but a good value for what you get.
- Doesn't take much time to maintain. Use templates for your emails so there is not much time needed on an on-going basis.

Cons

- Doesn't offer as strong features in terms of automation as some competitors.
- Form creator isn't as strong as it could be.

Katherine F.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

Quite reliable platform GetResponse.

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

GetResponse has helped me a lot in my company, because I have been able to create quite simple campaigns in a matter of minutes, send information about registrations, purchases of my company's products and much more, just by providing an Email.

Pros

GetResponse is a quite reliable platform, what I like most about this platform is the ease with which you can create an advertising campaign, just with a few simple steps of adding a design and adding the desired text, you will have the campaign ready , the rest does GetResponse automatically!

Cons

I do not like GetResponse for Anroi, I think it's a version too outdated and lacks a lot of renewal and more current versions of the web, I would like the creators of GetResponse to dedicate themselves more to improving the App for a better stay.

Andrea R.

• Customer Support Software

some important features are missing

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Pretty good but as I said up to a certain level. For more professional uses I'm thinking of changing software

Pros

The best thing about this software is the ease of use. Even for those who are not very experienced, they have the possibility to use a good professional software for sending emails

Cons

When using these types of software at a more professional level, I believe it is essential to have detailed analyzes possibly on a single page of a contact's activity. Instead on this software, many data must be recovered from different points and in some cases are completely missing. Basically we send emails to customers and what we want to know for each customer is what and when we sent an email, such as (newsletter, autoresponder ...) of these were opened and linked. Everything should be available in the contact panel. At the moment instead I find only the emails that have been opened and for I am forced to go to find the other data "around" for the software.
Also, some features are not as intuitive. Why can not I select contacts from a list and bring them all on the same day as the autoresponder with a simple click? To do this I have to select the contacts move them to the same starting list (??) and assign them one day to the autoresponder. Cases like these there are many.
Statistical issue. When I want to see who has opened or who has not opened a specific mail from the statistics I have very few possibilities to use these two lists directly from the statistics section.

Annie F.

• Customer Support Software

I like the results that are currently giving me.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

I have benefited from the use of GetResponse because I have managed to stabilize very well the Emails that I send constantly, in this way, I have been able to immediately contact each client.

Pros

I am pleased that GetResponse is a software with a quite innovative design, with colors that really please and give life to the platform, make it much more reliable and secure with respect to the stored data.

Cons

I do not like that GetResponse has such high prices, however, I consider that it does not have other errors, it is a very automated software and the only negative detail that I see is that of the high prices it has.

Luisana A.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent achievements with accessibility from various devices.

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

I have benefited a lot from the use of GetResponse, since before I had many problems sending consecutive emails and in an instant way. In my company it has been very necessary to send emails quickly, and with GetResponse I have achieved it.

Pros

What I like most about GetResponse is the excellent way in which you can work from any device and carry out a campaign using a simple mobile phone, it is very practical software.

Cons

I do not like that GetResponse has such high prices, obviously its functions make it quite expensive software, but I would like some prices to go down some plans for better accessibility when buying plans.

Bob T.

• Customer Support Software

I use Get Response to handle my customer lists and to help me in emailing newsletter updates.

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

Pros

It is easy to set up. It takes a little getting used to how it operates. But once you are familiar with the system, it is very easy to use. They are continually updating new features for you to use. I especially like the ability to custom make our landing pages and our automated email system.

Cons

Trying to configure the coordination between your website, the landing page, the free download and then enter the client into an automated sequence - it can be challenging to learn. If you do not use it on a regular basis, it is like starting all over again. Once set up, it will operate indefinitely. But if my needs change, and I must go back in to change something - it is almost like I have to start all over again. This can be very frustrating.

Mahesh S.

GetResponse - The Email Marketing tool for digital marketers

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

GetResponse is userfriendly for any beginner. The user interface and statistics features along with autoresponder makes it a good email app overall.

Pros

GetResponse is easy to use. It has various features such as landing page, and autoresponder which helps in email automation.

Cons

The email subscribers needs to increased from 1000 subscribers to more for basic users. As of now for the basic plan the limit is 1000 subscribers.

Response from GetResponse

Hi Mahesh! Thank you for your review! Our basic plan includes list sizes from 1,000 and up to 100,000. -Taylor

Luisana F.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Excellent automation, almost everything GetResponse does.

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

I have benefited from the use of GetResponse in my company, since we have many people who have subscribed to our emails, and we do it automatically and instantaneously, the sending.

Pros

I really like the design that GetResponse has, this has totally increased my interest in making an advertising campaign, since it makes it more fun and more comfortable.

Cons

I do not like that GetResponse emails take so long to arrive, as many customers have told me, they do not immediately receive the information I send by this means.

David F.

• Customer Support Software

Outstanding Application and Great Value.

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

I have used GR as a funnel tool as well as a program to help me with my Shopify store. I can send emails to my customers that look great right out of the "box".

Pros

I was just about to spend $97.00 per month for a way to create affiliate funnels when I tried GetResponse. This application gives you so much for your money I was surprised. I am able to do so much for so little per month.
GetResponse support is also very good. They have some really nice support people who are experts and help me out all the time. Great program!!

Cons

Nothing really wrong or bad about GetResponse. Very user friendly.

Jack P.

Nothing Beats GetResponse Thus Far

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

I have a lot to say but the main thing is that my business increased with 74% since I started to use GetResponse.

Pros

- Very user friendly.

- Loaded with awesome features that enables you creating everything you wish.

- In addition I love their affiliate program where i'm actually participating in.
(Btw. I would really appreciated you should sign up there through my personal link https://www.getresponse.com/?a=shadowlyb ...Thanks in advance :)

- I do a lot of campaigns through GetRespons and all of them brings me unbelievable results.

Cons

Templates are beautiful but could use a little update

Rashad E.

• Customer Support Software

Probably the worst experience I've had with any company. Ever.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Terrible service. Unethical business practices. They do not care about their customers. They will steal your money. You could pay far less money and receive better service. Their email templates and builder is weak. Never updated with new content. You still will have to purchase lead pages or another service for solid templates. If you want a high end service with professional features use Active Campaign or Drip. Unless you want to pay for a service that will make you lose your mind.

Pros

They send emails. There is little special about the service.

Cons

The first thing you should notice about this company, is there is no customer service line. That doesn't change when you become a customer and are paying $300 a month to send emails. So know when an issue arises, there no one to talk to. I was warned by several people NOT use this company, but to use Active Campaign or Drip but I chose them over Active Campaign because their prices were slightly more affordable. After signing for Active Campaign's trial I was immediately contacted by their sales reps expressing they wanted my business. I've never spoken with any one Get Response after reaching out to them repeatedly over the course of 4 months. Which I learned is because they don't care. In then end the company billed my card twice while my account was Suspended then refused to grant me a refund for charges made to my account WHILE I HAD NO ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT. $600. That is theft. If you are reading this. You have been warned.

Response from GetResponse

Hi Rashad. I would like to look into this further. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] -Taylor

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

• Customer Support Software

Helped in our email marketing activities

Reviewed on 11/01/2020

It has been great as this is the first ever tool we used for email marketing and automation activities in our company.

Pros

Get Response has really been a good software to help and boost our email marketing activities. One of the robust feature of this tool is its email marketing automation which helps user to create the automation email chains. It basically reduces your manual efforts to automatic email sending. Second, it has the series of in built email templates for ready to use emails.

Cons

Nothing much. The pricing of this tool is slightly on the higher side but justifies the worth of using this tool.

Elena Z.
  • Industry: Program Development

The BEST around

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

I absolutely love the product and especially the service. It has all the features I need and they continue to add more. Their support is second to NONE

Pros

I've looked at several other mail marketing companies, this one tops them all

Cons

there isn't much I don't like about it. Sometimes It's tough figuring something out but they have one of THE BEST support around

Afolayan raphael O.

• Customer Support Software

Getresponse is great but......

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

It's been great generally, the free trial was something that attracted me to start using GetResponse in the first place and i really haven't regretted using them for once.

Pros

Getresponse sure gave me good value for my money.
The ability to create landing pages and setup autoresponders seamlessly is awesome.

when i started to use getResponse for my blog, i could say that my list started to see positive increase.
Less of my emails, went into spam and deliverability issues were reduced.

Cons

In my view, the only area they need improvement is in their integrations.

I wanted to start an affiliate program for an ecommerce website once and i so badly wanted to use GetResponse to manage emails being sent to my affiliate

Unfortunately,GetResponse wasn't supported.

Jillian K.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

I feel mixed about the software.

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Ease of use in regards to the templates, getting to see what kind of likelihood of the email being rejected could be.

Pros

I like that the templates, overall, are easier to use than Constant Contact. I also like that they check the spam score on your emails before you send them out.

Cons

The SalesForce integration is absolutely terrible. It does not work AT ALL. Also, the customer support for it is also absolutely terrible.

• Industry: Telecommunications

GetResponse Review

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

Pros

It is a great tool for email marketing filled with the required features like analyses and reports, segmentation, automation, etc. It is very nice looking and easy to navigate. I love their live chat support! Very quick and helpful!

Cons

Integration issues with Dreamwaver, sometimes losing the important codes when integrating Dreamwaver HTML into Getresponse.

Jess B.

Robust EMS at a Great Price

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Pros

GetResponse is my favorite EMS by far. The software is fairly easy to use and for what you can't figure out they have tons of options and outstanding customer service to learn and get trained.

They have lots of great looking templates and you can also design your own with ease.

They have automation workflows that make mapping out campaigns really easy.

The reporting is very robust.

Cons

I wish they had a smaller starter plan...for 1-500 subscribers. For people just starting out, this would be very helpful.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent delivery rate but sub-par automation

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

It provides an excellent send rate.

Pros

Getresponse was my main emailer for the past 14 months, it provided excellent value for someone who has a list under 5,000 people and It provides an amazing delivery rate compared to other low cost autoresponders.

Cons

The biggest issue for me was the dramatic increase in pricing when you get even 1 subscriber above your limit, they charge you a pro-rated amount plus next months new pricing. On top of that it does not really provide much more for the increase in price.

Jillian K.

GetReponse: Get No Help

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Don't use them if you need email marketing to sync to SalesForce.

Pros

Their emails went over well with our customers but that really may be the most complementary statement that I can make about this company.

Cons

UGH. Their SalesForce integration DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. It is also run by a third party that you are not allowed to speak to so you can't communicate to fix it. When we brought us this concern to them, we were told we just had to wait it out. That was MONTHS so we moved on to better software.