4.1
Industry: Media Production

Best Email Marketing Software for Affiliate Marketers

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 03/03/2020

If you’re an affiliate marketer and want to get started on your email campaigns quickly this is the best software out there. They have super easy set up and their automations are easy to build. They’re of course seamlessly integrated with all the other known Lead capture tools as well.

Pros

- Super easy set up
- They allow affiliate marketers to use their software for emailing relatively cold leads. Big win!
- Great customer service
- Decent affiliate program
- Relatively is expensive for many contacts

Cons

- There was no free option
- It doesn’t let you open multiple tabs of same instance for easy copying and pasting

Rupa P.
Industry: Events Services

Highly Recommended Software for Email Management

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Overall, recommended software especially for early stage entrepreneurs

Pros

(1) Multiple options for emails, newsletters and automation.
(2) Also, easy to integrate with other softwares
(3) Simple to get started with

Cons

(1) Would love to see their funnels improve in quality & auto save mode
(2) The emails sent from GetResponse tend to go to spam/promotions folder
(3) Support could get better

Response from GetResponse

Hi Rupa! Thank you for the feedback, both the pros and cons. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our team. -Taylor

Industry: Real Estate

A Lot of Options for the Price

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

I use this software with an email list that is around 1200. I send out weekly emails and have two opt ins that I use on a consistent basis. I also use their Android App to track my opens and clicks with every email I send. It makes it easy to determine how I'm doing and explore insights on a regular basis.

Pros

I've used this software for the past 3 years, and I could not be happier with the amount of options I have available to me for the cost. There is a lot of room to customize everything in this software. I like that I can completely customize opt in forms to be any size and any design you can dream up. It's really great for branding and staying consistent with your website's design.

I have also used their landing pages, which are really simple to format and create in a short amount of time. They are completely customizable and are great if you want to quickly set up an optin without creating a whole website.

I use their platform to send out a weekly email. This process is so quick and seamless for me as I can turn any email I've sent in the past into a template. I can simply change the content of each email and send it in a snap.

I also love that this software has so many tools integrated into it. I can create an optin and send an automated email as well as filter my subscribers into my main email list. It's nice to have it all in one.

Cons

The only complaint I have about this software is that it almost has TOO many options. It can feel a bit overwhelming when you login to know what to do and where to go. I only use a few of the many options because of this. I know what I use on a daily basis and I'm familiar with that, but I don't explore too much as it feels cumbersome to navigate quickly.

Eran B.
Company size: Self Employed

My number 1 recommendation for autoresponder (reliable)

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

My use-case for GetResponse is simple. I need an email autoresponder that is easy to use and sends emails and has good deliverability. This is what GetResponse does best. That is what I recommend people use it for.

Pros

I like the fact that it is RELIABLE
I have had trouble with other email autoresponders deliverability
GetResponse does the deliverability job excellent, that's the main value I get from it
It integrates with literally everything else I use
the pricing is decent for the reliability of email deliverability
it has a simple to use autoresponder and newsletter feature
it has 24/7 live support chat and you can get help anytime

Cons

Everything else in the software is not the best in my opinion. I do not use its landing page, their webinar feature, sales funnel etc. They have ways to go to catch up to competitors in those departments.

Sarah F.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

GetReponse makes it so easy to manage our database and we can integrate it with other software

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

GetReponse makes it so easy to manage our database, we can integrate it with other facilities such as mail munch and customers can unsubscribe to their choosing without any effort on our part.

Pros

GetResponse is an excellent web-based facility which we use to manage multiple emailing lists for various brands. We particularly like the ability to create saved searches, individual campaigns and an easy to manage database. The wysiwyg editor is very good and works very well with our HTML code.

Cons

We have occasionally had the odd problem with emails corrupting post send which is not ideal but have found as long as we schedule for a few minutes ahead and then check the preview we can get round this issue.

Vigney T.

Nice speed in campaigns and very easy create GetResponse.

Reviewed on 27/02/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

GetResponse has been a program of very good advances, and has brought excellent benefits to my company, since each client interested in our services, receives an Email instantly when they enter my campaign.

Pros

What I like most about GetResponse is the speed with which this software is handled, when carrying out a campaign, it can be done in a matter of minutes, and send immediate answers to each person who registers with his mail in the campaign, the reception of the sent mail is almost immediate.

Cons

I do not like the GetResponse App for mobile phones, because in this application you can only see results of a campaign and modify small adjustments, but you can not create a campaign, I would like this function to be implemented in this application, for a best experience

Belinda S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great Full Featured Affordable Email Marketing

Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Of all the email marketing tools we’ve used, and there have been several as many of our clients come on board with their own email marketing accounts already set up, or top choice is GetResponse. We appreciate that it has a lot of features we don't need yet but are looking forward to using as our marketing strategies grow.

Pros

It has all the bells and whistles of the large name CRM programs but at a fraction of the price. We can import lists, set up automated email campaigns, create landing pages, and segment and filter the lists. For WordPress users, they just added a landing page plugin that makes it easy to customize the page on your own website.
They make it easy to set up newsletters with the drag and drop tool but advanced users can still create custom letters with HTML. They recently updated the dashboard and I think it a lot more intuitive to find things.
We always appreciate free trials and GetResponse gives you a free 30-day trial with up to 1000 contacts on your list.

Cons

I don’t really see any cons with GetResponse at this time. It really is my favorite email marketing program.

Alex A.
Industry: Consumer Services

They're a constant disappointment

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

They were a great company and a great service. They still are somehow. I believe the vision of this company is still great. But the execution is poor, to be honest.
The reason I talk about them as a company is that your email marketing provider is SO CLOSE AND PERSONAL with your business, once you know how to use it and make it your primary way of generating sales. It's becomes crucial to be able to rely on them.
I hope they get better.

Pros

Good value for money. Good ideas from management (I suppose), good choice of features.

Cons

- Poor execution of new features

- Poor user interface

- VERY POOR transitions between versions of the platform: features break, processes you build might break as well

- Poor coding and testing: if you use it professionally, you know that you can't rely on it. (ex: draft emails break, email templates break, fonts break, text size break, etc... they work at first then break for some reason)

- VERY BAD when it comes to RESPONSIVE emails.

- HORRIBLE customer service: they're all NON-Native English Speakers and don't understand what you tell them - unless it's a SUPER BEGINNER question. They just don't get it. They assume every customer they have is a newbie or a grandma who has never sent any newsletter. It's very frustrating.

- And... unclear fees when it comes to upgrading/downgrading your account. It's a game of chess to understand WHY you're getting charged some amount to upgrade.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Fee O.

Overall I'm happy with this autoresponder platform for my mail outs.

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

It is nice to be able to write then schedule my newsletters and in a format that is visually exciting for the reader.
Having buttons to direct reader to links is also easy for the reader.

Pros

The dashboard is easy to read and has stats at a glance.
I use it for my newsletters and find the layout with drag and drop features straight forward.
Support is fast and tickets are answered promptly. Added bonus of live chat!
I changed from a well known autoresponder which I found cumbersome, so Get Response is definitely an improvement in layout and ease.

Cons

There is no easy way to edit templates - one has to do a completely new "newsletter" then save as a template. This is something I'm hoping they will fix.
Sometimes the editor part of an area over rides what is being typed which can be frustrating not being able to "see". An adjustment of the block of writing does fix this.

Rebecca B.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

A good service to start with email marketing campaigns

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

Practical to make and tailor messages and leans to customers, doesn't do either less or very it guarantees, once in a while crashes or eases back down even on more seasoned machines. Gives me the highlights I need most for making and distributing messages to my customers, doesn't have such a spread of highlights, that may make utilizing the program overpowering or diverting.

Pros

It has highlights like automation inside the free form that a ton of others just have for paid renditions and this was critical for my benefit of me. Its usefulness is clear to explore. It's easy to show yourself and discovered. Likewise simple to import existing email locations and discovered mechanization crusades that run inside the foundation.

Cons

The supplier changed the administration model and its value shot up. I preferred the framework however Getresponse charges for a proportionate email twice if it's on an uncommon rundown. This makes it costly to oversee as your client base develops. I moved to an extraordinary supplier who doesn't do that and am pleased with them.

Response from GetResponse

Hi Rebecca! Thank you for sharing this feedback. There is a lot of helpful information here that I will share with our team. -Taylor

Marielvis G.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Excellent way to cover Email Marketing.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I benefited GetResponse because unlike other platforms, this has given me a better comfort to have Email Marketing within my company, the stay within this platform is a more advanced stay.

Pros

I like that GetResponse is a software that has nothing complex, that all its functions, absolutely all, are easy to use and have no risk of something going wrong in the configuration of Email Marketing.

Cons

It is not good that GetResponse has such bad customer service, this affects recurrently in the use that is given, since it would not be comfortable to be configuring the platform, and that has a poor support to address the customer's doubts.

Angelica B.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Automation is very expensive at GetResponse and I would like it to be more accessible.

Reviewed on 12/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The use of GetResponse has benefited me greatly in my company, since I have managed to send sales letters, inform about our products, deliver free manuals, send newsletters or newscasts, welcome new subscribers.

Pros

What I like most about GetResponse is that it allows you to create mailing lists of visitors to your blog, website or business, helping you to develop solid relationships with them through email.

Cons

The problem with GetResponse, is the price, in this way, having an automation of GetResponse, it turns out to be something very expensive, and I would like it to be something cheaper and accessible for most people.

Sean A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Awesome automations!

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

I'm able to send emails to potential customers that have opted in to turn them into clients.

Pros

I connect GetResponse to Clickfunnels so that anytime I have someone opt-in for our value video, the are automatically put into our GetResponse automation. I love this automation because 24/7 it warms up our leads and helps convert them onto a call. I also like how GetResponse has great design capabilities so that whenever we send out an email, we look like a professional company.

Cons

I dislike that sometimes emails are filtered out into the promotions section of gmail - which means a lower deliverability rate. This is partially GetResponses fault even though they don't like to admit it.

Brandy F.
Industry: Market Research

Superior to all Get Response

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Get response is a email marketing tool It can make landing pages, crm , email marketing autoresponder , u can create surveys and forms all in one spot It has the auto funnel. I'm gonna assume it has to be in the top 3 on email marketing platforms as a new affiliate marketer it has helped me so much actually I don't know what I would do without it . I started out just the free trail and now I pay for it . I haven't had any problems the help they give u is great . I can get customer service at any . It's ready made, automates step by step program u can't beat it.

Pros

I love the fact that I'm just starting out as an affiliate marketer and it's easy set up customer service
Is east to access and the service and system is superior to the others I tried out

Cons

At first I thought it was a little to pushy bc it reminds u to set up what to set up but
It helped me so much nothing bad to say about it .

Industry: Information Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

One of the best email marketing and marketing automation platforms avaliable.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Pros

Many features, including: autoresponders, landing pages, marketing automation, and webinars. Good value.

Cons

Can get on the expensive side as your mailing lists grow, but still should easliy pay for itself if you are mailing regularly.

Linda S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Get Response is efficient without some of the bells and whistles.

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

The benefits are many. We can schedule our weekly eblasts, feeling confident that they will be sent, properly formatted and on time. We can stagger which has proven to be a benefit.

Pros

One of the things that pushed Get Response to the top when making our decision was pricing. The generous discount they offer to non-profits was hard to turn down. It does everything we need it to do and it does it well. Especially the automation flows.

Cons

Some of the templates are a bit antiquated. This is something that could easily be rectified with updates of the current, and additions. The other area that has some room for improvement is the drag and drop. Not a seamless process, but could easily be updated to make it more user friendly.

Powerful autoresponder for startups

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Positive experience.

Pros

They are fair and wont randomly stop you sending emails unlike mailchimp. Its very easy to send well designed emails.

Cons

The webinar software isn't that great, it's a little bit pricey when you get into the thousands of subscribers.

Automation

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Exceptional

Pros

Ease of use. Very user friendly. Even a secondary grade student can catch on to the automation workflows.

Cons

I did not find anything I did not like with the software

Mary K.
Industry: Education Management

Disappointed by GetResponse

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

The CRM helped us track leads that were falling through cracks, but we have found other solutions outside GetResponse.

Pros

The drag & drop CRM feature that connects with automation

Cons

Everything else.
- To add test addresses for campaigns, you must add them as a sender address to the account. Fortunately, I work for a small company, but for a large company, this is insane.
- You cannot use your email address to as a log in to any other account - even if that account has been removed. I had created a demo in my work email address, then my boss created the account once we approved it, but then I had to use a different email address since I had already created a demo account. What a headache.
- Trying to decipher between total clicks & unique clicks is very difficult. You are not able to see how many times a contact clicked on a link.
- They don't allow you to see how has bounced, and they make it difficult to pull your suppression list, citing GDPR compliance. They are the data processor, not the data controller, and should allow people to export their suppressions in order to make sure they are in line with GDPR and CAN-SPAM laws.
- The campaign editor has no html button for specific elements. You are only able to see the HTML for the entire campaign.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Rob P.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Less Than One Star!!!

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

Terrible, find yourself another platform.

Pros

I inherited this software when I purchased the business. It is TERRIBLE!!! I think they use dial-up for speed, and their customer service is no faster. It took 3 days to receive each response from them. I tried to cancel and they charged me AFTER I had cancelled. The platform is so slow, I could have made a coffee in between each screen. BRUTAL!

Do yourself a favour, if you are considering GetResponse, Don't! Read the reviews, they are awful!

Cons

The incredibly poor layout and slow speeds.

Response from GetResponse

Hi Rob, I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with GetResponse. Have you contacted our Customer Success team via chat? They usually reply within a few minutes. If there's anything we could help you with, please write at [email protected], and we'll investigate. Thank you - Maria

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Getresponse is a great tool for modern sales and marketing people

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Pros

Getresponse offers all the tools a small business owner need to start in Online Marketing and to build a big list through Landingpages, webinars and so on.

Cons

The Landingpages are ok, but not really cool shit like clickfunnels for example. They offer only a Landingpage builder without focus on sales and marketing...

I have used a number of autoresponder and email services Get Response is of high quality

Reviewed on 15/04/2018

Pros

A good number of Newsletter templates is a nice feature and simple campaign directions make this a steady client contact service

Cons

Picky on who might be added to any contact list. Get Response wants a very low bounce rate which does make sense in the long run

Margaret S.

Easy to set up than other platforms

Reviewed on 16/06/2018

Pros

We used Getresponse to handle all email automation and newsletters. The editor is use and the emails are easy to set-up.

Cons

I prefer other platforms when it comes to list management. Also, I noticed Get Response is very strict with bounce rates.

Jason M.

Fantastic all in one email marketing platform!

Reviewed on 08/11/2017

Channels my prospects into the appropriate funnels and maintains contact information.

Pros

The new version provides all the funnel, automation, landing pages, and auto responders I could ever need with hundreds of customizable templates.

Cons

The work flow automation and integration takes some time to learn. It would be nice to have more tutorials on the feature and how it can be integrated into your marketing.

Chris H.
Industry: Online Media

Good Looking Autoresponder or Newsletter Sender

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 25/05/2019

I used Get Response for several years and saw it change and grow and improve over that time. Unfortunately I ended up getting out of the projects I had got it for and ended up cancelling my subscription. But it was one of the better autoresponders I have used.

Pros

I liked how professional it looks and it wasn't really too hard to set up both the auto-response and the opt-in box. Also I appreciated how it could be used as a newsletter sender.

Cons

I am not that detailed oriented so I probably should have had someone else do a lot of the set up.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10