Yahoo Mail

Web-based email application for desktop and mobile devices

4.4/5
4.0/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.0/5

Jalonda R.

• Customer Support Software

Yahoo Mail still works for me!

Reviewed on 20/11/2021

My overall experience with Yahoo mail has been a very positive line, I have been able to keep up with a lot of my important documents as well as review older emails as needed.

Pros

What I like most about Yahoo mail is the ease of navigation through this email system, as well as the Yahoo chat feature which allows ice to communicate with family and colleagues.

Cons

I have no dislikes about this software, it has actually helped me to maintain professional image because I use my first and last name as my login and it's convenient to have another email system to use.

• Industry: Publishing

Trusted Mail Service for Over a Decade

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Yahoo Mail is the first mail service I ever signed up for on my own. More than 10 years later, it still has relevance and value in the industry as a recognizable and trusted mail services. I am pleased with what I have received from it over the many years.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is one of the best services for sending and receiving e-mail. You can move, archive, star, or delete mail with the click of a button, and Yahoo Mail has folders available you can create to sort your mail. Though one of my cons mentions obvious spam filtering through into the main inbox, it is also easy to mark items as spam - and you can browse the spam folder and mark anything not as spam. The search bar works well to look for any specific mail items or senders.

Cons

The amount of ads on Yahoo Mail have ramped up substantially in recent years and can get in the way. Though this is likely affected by the amount of years I have had this Yahoo Mail account, I also receive a large amount of spam - and Yahoo doesn't filter out some of the most obvious scams.

Nicole N.

Long Term Relationship

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

I often use yahoo mail for communication that can be checked less often.

Pros

The ability to personalize your account creatively as well as being able to trust you will get those important emails.

Cons

The emails are received after a delayed time, often.

Omar elsayed O.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

that is old, I close my account there

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

Pros

The most prominent new features of the application allow users to create more than one account on the application and open them at the same time, as people create multiple accounts for different purposes, as one of the accounts is for shopping, the other may be work, and the other maybe for personal use

Cons

The inability of the application to display files and documents "Word, Excel, PowerPoint", modify them and save them, or the ability to send them without saving,

Aatif A.

Yahoo Mail. The most generous storage space

Reviewed on 02/01/2022

Yahoo Mail like alot of early internet users has been the first email service that I used, and has thus always been very special to me.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is among of the first few free email service provider that began to offer services to the mass public at no fee. Yahoo mail gives you a fast email experience. It highly values the safety and privacy of its users emails and data. Yahoo Mail's intuitive yet pleasant User Interface design makes it easy to use. It also have a very effective spam detection which keeps the at bay from your inbox. As for storage space, it gives you 1 Terrabytes of storage space to save emails and the files that they contain.

Cons

Yahoo Mail badly needs to modernize and expand its base by offering integrations with more and more apps like its competitor Gmail does to regain its popularity.

Benjamin P.

My daily email browser

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

Great pure email application.

Pros

This is my favorite email browser. I use it for work and business. Archives for years and easily searchable.

Cons

Does not incorporate Dropbox or calander features

Rashidah A.

Great email provider

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

Pros

Yahoo Mail is the first email provider that i have use, and after more than 10 years, i still using its service. The email filter that sorting the incoming email into its categories like social email or promotion email help to organized my main inbox and make it less messy.

Cons

There are no additional feature or tools that are introduce by Yahoo Mail for the last 3 years, making it less relevant and attractive to a newer user. Sending a large attachment with this software also impossible and need to sent it to third party cloud storage service and attach the link with it.

Ricardo M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Yahoo mail awesome for emails

Reviewed on 09/12/2021

Pros

You can have multiple inboxes in this app

Cons

Spam makes it through the filter occasionally.

Dawn M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Not bad, but not great

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Pros

I've used this platform for a very long time and the classic application works fine most of the time.

Cons

The archive search feature is hit or miss. Sometimes it will find the email, but most often does not. Lots of advertisements and the app doesn't always load properly.

Elena E.

Yahoo Mail

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

Pros

It's pretty simple and has all the basics needed for email

Cons

There aren't enough features. Hard to sort or categorize inbox

• Customer Support Software

An email use in communicating, subscriptions and calendar for my schedules.

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Pros

Its a good application. Where i use in sending messages and have a conversation to other people like friends and families, Business transactions, customer service etc.

Also an important subscription, community communications and notifications like my social media, bank accounts and e-wallets.

Use it in my registrations like social media, e-wallets, bank accounts and other subscriptions.
Its friendly user and easy too access.

I have been using it for more than a decade now. My inbox is already thousands now. Which means the capacity is very high. It stores my old email. In case i need to read an old file, i can easily find it. That's what i like it here. It is also free, i never paid anything for using it for more than a decade.

It can accommodate my emails from my subscriptions, which i'm receiving everyday.

There's also an option to sort my email from different category. Its a good way to organize and find the emails easily.
A folders for photos and documents, if there's a photos and files that i need to see.
A calendar where i organized my meeting schedule. It gives me a notification for my schedules too, so i wouldn't forget it.

Cons

There were times other emails goes to spam and there were important email i wasn't read because it goes to spam. Somethimes i'm worried for other important emails, that i might not read and will be automatically deleted.
The advertisements inserted sometimes i opened accidentally. Though i'm not interested in those.

Tonya C.
  • Industry: Program Development

• Customer Support Software

Yahoooooooo! is my go toooooooo!

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Overall, Yahoo Mail meets all my business and personal email needs. I do like it better than the others I've tried and I've used all the major ones personally and/or professionally. I think it's quite a bit more comprehensive than Gmail, which is the other one I've used most often. I think if you have moderate technical skills and aren't easily frustrated, this email app is a good choice, especially for any small business and/or personal use.

Pros

This is the business and personal email that I FINALLY settled on. I had trouble finding one that had all the features that I wanted and was easy to navigate around. This one came the closest over the ones that I tried. I love that I can create, which seems to be an unlimited number of folders, to keep saved mail in. I'm pretty OCD about saving and organizing my emails, so this is a great feature for me. I also like that if I happen to get Spam in my inbox, I can flag it as such and it will move it to Spam box. Then it marks it that way permanently, so nothing I get from that sender will get back into my inbox. I also use the Subscription feature quite a bit to manage which regular distribution lists, I want to remain on.

Cons

I know there is a lot to this app that I have not tapped into. For me, I've played around with it and have pretty much tapped out on all the features I can master myself. I feel that I would need someone to walk me through additional features or watch a tutorial, to get the full use of what's possible. I don't think it should be that complicated to use the features on a mail app. In fact, it took me almost a year to figure out how to delete emails in mass quantity. When looking into this, I found other users had the same frustration with the particular version I was using. Now, that is a very basic function that should be much easier to figure out!

Nurul aishah G.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Functional, but getting outdated

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Pros

Yahoo Mail has a lot of storage capacity, which is perfect for keeping all of my emails. I've been using it for over ten years and have never had to clear my inbox since it's never been full. It is convenient for people like me to have a news summary displayed on the main dashboard since it ensures that I always have something to read and that I am up to date with current events. Its vital spam detection ensures that spam never reaches your inbox instead of filtering it to the junk folder.

Cons

There is an excessive number of adverts. The software will bombard you with irrelevant information, and there is no way of stopping it, as far as I've discovered. It also publishes all email responses in a chain format, similar to old Tumblr, which might be confusing. In terms of email, everything is OK, but the service is fading away, and no new features are being provided to keep customers happy.

Hafizah S.

Yahoo Mail is really helpful

Reviewed on 05/06/2021

Pros

Yahoo is simple to use and integrates well with the iPhone's mail app. I've never had any privacy issues with Yahoo, so I'm confident in its security. In contrast to some other major email providers I've used, I've discovered that blacklisted email addresses stay restricted and go to the spam folder. In contrast, banned emails continue to come through to my inbox.

Cons

Whenever I forgot my password, I had trouble logging into my email. It was really inconvenient, and I would have to go through numerous steps to authenticate my identity and regain access to my account. The customer service was also not up to par and very late in responding to my tickets and no option to get to them by phone call.

• Industry: Banking

Yahoo A Standard email service

Reviewed on 12/06/2021

Yahoo Mail has been fantastic. It has cut communication time and distance, as well as sparked the current digital boom. I can't picture a world without it because it has brought so many people closer together. Yahoo, on the other hand, seems to be fading. It is unable to stay up with its competition and the services they provide.

Pros

1. Using the yahoo contact tool within yahoo mail, you may save all of your contacts online.
2. It is easier to use than others, and you may get support from Yahoo at any moment by dialing the yahoo customer support number.
3. It is simple to handle because it distinguishes between inbox, sent, spam, and other areas.

Cons

Yahoo recently stopped offering forwarding as a free service. This is a fundamental feature that most rivals provide for free and has been available for a long time. They've also placed more obtrusive adverts that are easy to click on by accident and cover up the inbox. I would switch if I didn't have almost a decade of memberships and logins connected to this account.

Noorhidayu S.

• Customer Support Software

One of the best in managing emails

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Pros

Yahoo Mail is one of the best email manager platform that i ever has used and it is still relevant even after 10 years has passed. It is the first ever email service that i have use and has help me a lot in my studies at the university. Sending and receiving an emails has never a problem with this software.

Cons

The problem with Yahoo Mail is, the service development and updating a new feature has become stagnant. It can't keeping up with its competitor and it has making many user has left this platform. A new feature like cloud storage will attract back the user that has left this software and making it popular again.

Halimatun Z.
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Yahoo Mail used to be superior

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Pros

Yahoomail was my first email account, and it seemed to work well. The structure and usability of my account were the features of the software that I loved the best. It was simple to navigate between the many folders. They might also increase the number of emails displayed in each window. That was a useful option for people with sluggish internet connections because I didn't have to go out and load full new pages only to get to non-recent emails.

Cons

Strangely, despite what I do, emails by one of my coworkers always wind up in the spam box. They constantly end up there even though I added her as a connection. The news section in the inbox is really distracting and making the interface really messy, and it should be removed.

Fadiah R.
  • Industry: Banking

• Customer Support Software

Best of the best for email service

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

Pros

Yahoo Mail is a fantastic email service provider, and it was one of the first to offer free emailing services to the general public and the general public at large. The user interface for Yahoo Mail is quite primary and easy to use. It places a high priority on the security and privacy of its users' data and communications. In addition, its spam filter is highly effective, preventing all spam virtually from reaching your inbox.

Cons

In Yahoo mail, the maximum file size for sending attachments of 25 megabytes. Additionally, it displays advertisements in the primary inbox and sends messages about the latest news, which I feel looks like a Spam email. Otherwise, it is an excellent email service provider.

Masturah D.

Good for personal email

Reviewed on 14/08/2021

Really good experience with this email service provider even-tho they looks like has been defeated by their close rival of Gmail.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is the first email service provided that i have use from my teenage age until now. It is remained free to use for personal usage, with a good feature to sending and editing the email. The email dashboard is keep changing to gives a fresh impression and not looking dull with the same graphic.

Cons

The spam filter detection somehow let many of the spam email to be landing on my primary inbox. It can distinguished it clearly by the sender name and the title, yet Yahoo Mail seem can't blocking the email and i had to manually marked the sender as a spam email. They need to do a better job in this area.

• Industry: Government Administration

My Top mailing app

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

Yahoo mail Is my first mailing app and i don't plan changing it anytime soon based on its ease of use and dependable attribute.

Pros

This is the first mailing app i ever used and it has always served my every purpose, I love its capacity of making use of more than one mailing account on one single application. It is seamlessly fast in email processing and has wonderful security protocol, this attributes and capacity made it the only mailing app being used by my organization.

Cons

The editing tools are not as sophisticated as i would have wanted and the spam protection is a little weak, this should be worked on by the developers as this will encourage its loyal users.

Shahryar K.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Yahoo Mail..

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

Yahoo messenger is a fast and secure email platform. Apart from its email service, I loved it for its messenger to connect and communicate with friends and family living at a distance.

Pros

Yahoo mail is a dedicated email platfrorm with very clean and simple interface which makes sending and reading recieved emails very easy. It is among the first email services that started to provide free service to mass public. It offers a huge storage space for your emails and attachment files. Also it has a very smart spam detector, and spams seldomly manages to get it to your main inbox. Its major plus point is that it highly values the saftey and security of its user's conversations and data.

Cons

Yahoo mail used to be the most popular email service a decade ago, but it has lost its shine as it didn't evolved with time as fast as its competitor Gmail in ways like integrating with other services. Also it shows ads in the main inbox which is a bit annoying.

Adra safiya K.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Work and personal email

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

Pros

Yahoo Mail is a good option for anyone that need a free email address, either for a personal use or for business level. It can do what all other email service does. One of my favorite feature is the forum in the mail service. It has one of the best forum for discussion and i often referring to this forum for any information that i want.

Cons

It is a shame that the mobile application for this software is not as good as the web-browser version. The mobile application is slow and keep crashing while i am typing my email. I really hope they can reconstruct the mobile application as it will make it more easy to use the email in the mobile.

Michelle A.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Yahoo Mail Delivers!

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

My overall experience with Yahoo Mail has been positive. It is a free email service that allows you to do everything you need to do when it comes to sending emails. In more recent years, however, I have switched to Gmail primarily. It is my current favorite.

Pros

Yahoo Mail was the very first website I made an email address through in my entire life. I was new to the internet and this was back in the 90s. I didn't like the look of hotmail and Yahoo just seemed superior. Fast forward 20 years later, Yahoo Mail is still pretty great. I love the ability to customize your folders, as well as your background wallpaper for your email. You can also set it up so it notifies you when you have any unread emails straight to your desktop.

Cons

The ads can be pretty annoying that is for sure. There have been times in the past when important emails went straight to my Spam folder instead of my Inbox and I almost didn't see/read them. I fixed this problem by saving said email to my contacts list and from then on never encountered that issue again.

Godwin A.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Good mailing service but didn't evolve fast enough

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

Yahoo mail was the first email account I ever created for myself over 10 years ago and I've been using it ever since then. At the time, it was topnotch with no serious competition but somehow got left behind because it didn't evolve fast enough as the likes of gmail. Nevertheless, using yahoo mail is of sentimental value to me and I just wish it would evolve more rapidly with more amazing features.

Pros

What I like most about yahoo mail is that fact that I can create folders and redirect specific mails with keywords in there without having to move them myself.

Cons

I think the spam management algorithm of yahoo mail needs some upgrading because it often finds it difficult to differentiate spams from primary which makes a mess of the inbox. As well, some important mails often get dumped in the spam folder. And I wish yahoo remove ads from yahoo mail or at least reduce them, they can be very annoying. I'll like to see yahoo mail take more advantage of cloud storage like what gmail does with drive.

Shahriyar K.

• Customer Support Software

Yahoo Mail.. The Guru of Email services.

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Yahoo mail is a very simple and secure email service and has been my primary email service for many years, though I still use it but along with gmail as i am and android user.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is and excellent email service provider and is among the ones that started to provide free email services to public and wide. Yahoo mail's user interface is very simple and easy to use. It highly values the safety and privacy of its users and their communications. Its spam blocker is very efficient and keeps almost every spam mail from getting into your inbox. Users get a storage space of 1 TB with its standard free account, which is a lot to save emails and the attachments.

Cons

There is a size limit of 25 mb for a single file in Yahoo mail for sending attachments. Also it shows ads in the main inbox and send notifications about general issues (like covid nowdays), rest of that, it is a perfect email service provider.