Maximizer CRM

Find the right plan to help you get growing.

4 /5 (276 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Todd I.

My use of Maximizer

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Since 2002 Maximizer has aided me in keeping in touch with my clients. The action plans I have set early in 2004 still work to this day, and are easily assigned to my new and existing clients.

Pros

I have used Maximizer since the early 2000's. It is my MAIN source of CRM. I have many pre-edited documents that automatically get sent and merged with my contacts. I love this software and the amount of time and energies it's saved me over the years.

Cons

Originally, I didn't like the cost of the product, but as it became more mainstream the price dropped. The features increased and their negatives turned into positives. SO I don't have any cons to discuss at this time.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to helping you build on your already solid client relationships.

Thanks again!

Josh T.

Robust, but lacking integration

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

It really is a solid CRM, and did well keeping the entire company apprised of the situation. It handles B2B and B2C with ease, and made it very easy to keep tabs on our clients. If it integrated with other critical apps, automated marketing tasks, and had a stronger customer service tool, we'd still be using it today.

Pros

I really liked the User definable setup, and the hierarchy between contacts and companies. I also liked how every user defined value got it's own view in SQL, so it was very easy to extract data into other systems using the database. It's very familiar to office users, and performed really well, even with 90,000 contacts/companies in it. It's a solid CRM, as long as that's all you need.

Cons

It didn't integrate well with other applications. We use Google Apps, and Quickbooks, which are pretty common. But it wouldn't integrate with either, and was going to cost in order to write each integration. The customer service case manager was minimalist, so it was simple to use, but didn't allow for a conversation to happen (eg I couldn't tell how much back and forth happened during a customer service case, or if the customer had updated information on the case). The email generation tool was primitive, and only allowed for basic, ugly html. Any advanced formatting, or click tracking common to things like MailChimp weren't available. There wasn't any marketing automation to speak of, and there wasn't any automated lead scoring. Everything had to be done by hand, and unfortunately humans aren't reliable.

Mark C.

Maximized for small companies

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

I use Maximizer as a contact manager with category tracking of contacts. I don’t use sales leads or opportunities as I find their use to be a little cumbersome for what we do and do see the value. I use it because it’s what I’ve used for years. It has features that are valuable to me, but it would be nice to know I could integrate a second or third user to share info. However, for an add on user to share my data, I would likely go to other products due to the challenges with implementation for less tech savvy users.

Pros

The things I like most about Maximizer is the customizability and user defined fields. The ability to set up my crm to look and function exactly the way I want is superior to many other products. Also, then unlimited contacts for the subscription surpasses the value vs the more main stream cloud based crm that charge per contact.

Cons

Integrated apps don’t function seamlessly or are limited. Additionally, the custom features can be tricky to set up if you are not super familiar with the platform. I’ve been using this for 23 years and have grown with the features, but I still have issues finding ways to accomplish setup tasks. Last, at least some monthly customer service should be included with the subscription. Most other paid services provide this.

Paulina H.

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

We are able to identify opportunities and keep it at the forefront with this software. All the information we need is at our fingertips on the go.

Pros

This software is user friendly and easy to use. We have been using this software since the 1990s. We left for a short period to try something new and quickly realized that Maximizer was better than any other product out there, so we switched back. We don't use all the feature however we learn new ones all the time and try to adopt them one by one. We are able to store all information for each every client, make notes, create documents, send email and assign tasks so our service does not fall through any cracks. It real is a great CRM tool

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that if I am at a computer that is not used by me. I can't find what web address I need to login. I have to remember to email the website to myself before I leave the office

Ginette G.

• Customer Support Software

Long time customer -Book Wholesaler-Store and Publisher (Indigenous)

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

One stop shop for sharing information in the office including an appointment calendar, notes and a company library.

Pros

I have been working with Maximizer for over 8 years. Since then, Maximizer has evolved and I can now update records and email from anywhere and anytime from my laptop, tablet or cell phone. Lists can be imported and exported in Excel. Maximizer offers webinar training, customer support and a user guide.
Maximizer provides templates for building email campaigns.

Cons

A wish list-A more user friendly campaign builder for large communication marketing via emails which creates records of clientele who visit promotional material sent to them, unsubscribe, email bounce. Maximizer has synchronized our records with Mailchimp but there is an additional cost for Mailchimp for maintaining the list of subscribers.

Clint A.

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Maximizer CRM really helps sort and store all our contacts in a central location, making life very easy for all users. Finding someone's details is a few clicks away.

Pros

- Super easy to use
- Web Access version is really light-weight and as comprehensive as the application
- Helps will efficiency across the business

Cons

- The search feature isn't as smart as you'd like it to be

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Clint, thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts.

We're happy to hear your business is benefiting from using Maximizer. I can assure you we are always working on ways to improve the functionality of the software.

I have passed your feedback regarding the search feature to our product development team to look into.

Best regards,
Michael

Eric R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Maximizer CRM used in manufacturing is a great tool.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017

I have been using Maximizer for many years now. I have incorporated it in the sales and service teams several of the companies I have worked for. The program is easy to use and the fact that it easily integrates with Outlook and other e-mail programs, helps early user adoption. We actively track all our interactions with the various end-users we have as well as our reps and distributors on a worldwide basis.

Pros

Easy to use and very intuitive. Has most features/modules needed for tracking projects and the sales pipeline.

Cons

Could benefit from a integrated quoting/part configurator program.

Kathryn C.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Doesn't work in all settings

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

We use it as a CRM for clients accessing a service - so not a sales function

Pros

Can access online (if using the right browsers) - so don't have to have it installed on your device.
Fairly easy to navigate as a user.

Cons

Doesn't work in Safari?
Formatting of emails often goes wrong
Very clunky looking
I only have experience of it as a user though

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for leaving a review of Maximizer! Here at Maximizer we value Customer Experience and I notice you are having issues with Safari.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team: [email protected]

They will be able to help get you up and running or if needed, get an issue in front of our product team so we can get you using Maximizer as would work best for you!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Adam Wilson
Head of Customer Success

Scott M.

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Overall, I think the software and customer service are great

Pros

Overall, it is a great CRM tool. It has all the basic components necessary to manage the client relationships

Cons

There are a few items that the software could have that would make it a more effective tool. In our business, a recurring task or action plan (with no end date) would be amazing. Having to go in and adjust or add a new plan on a regular basis just creates more work.

Matt J.
  • Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

Good on the right device

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Pros

Being able to look up contacts on the go is helpful, and having it syncable with Microsoft Word and QuickBooks makes it convenient.

Cons

Not all features are available on all devices/browsers. It's designed to be used on Internet Explorer (who still uses that?) and there are features such as the Word plugin that do not work on Firefox or Chrome. That makes working from an Apple computer really inconvenient.

Anne M.
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

I love it.

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

When there are several staff members dealing with a client, but not able to communicate with each other, using the Maximizer software makes it easier to see what each member has done for the client.

Pros

There are many ways to find help. I really like the Notes section, I can keep track of all sorts of contact with each of our clients. I just have to remember to make notes each phone call. I like being able to see what was the last service provided to the client was, whether it was by email, phone call or the client walked into the office.

Cons

At the moment, there is a lot of information that I am not using, that is not needed for me in my position. From what I have noticed, the financial information is not being used, YET.

Laura U.

Administrator review

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Pros

Easy to customize defined fields to better organize your client base for specific search functions helping to keep up to date with compliance and customer service.

Cons

Moving through the Address Book from client to client. It's not always "friendly". There have been times when there has been no option but to use the search function in the Address Book which is not always ideal.

Brian P.

Easy to use very comprehensive

Reviewed on 24/01/2018

Pros

Loaded with features. Relatively easy to use. Online and android version works and looks the same as desktop.

Cons

You will continuously lose entire companies from the database, contacts, notes, tickets, etc all randomly disappear at random times. Maximizer support will make the claim you must have inadvertently deleted everything yourself.

Brian M.

Maximizer CRM Review

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

One consolidated place for all my contacts that I have control over and goes with me where ever I am and accessible from anywhere.

Could be more user friendly to use, keep updated and should be more intuitive.

Pros

Very Powerful software and great if you are programmer.

Cons

Hard to learn how to use quickly. Too many quirky rules. Having to upload and download to update new entries to link to your Outlook or anywhere else. It should do this automatically without having to be a programmer to do it with each new entry.

Rick V.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Not bad, not great

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Overall it's good but due to the lousy search function, it makes it useless in some applications

Pros

Easy to send emails straight to contacts

Cons

Search function is almost useless - can't search within History. Just added search within notes which was a long time coming but need that for History as well.

James M.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Maximizer CRM for Financial Advisors

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

It's allowed us to manage our database of prospects more effectively and capture the important information we want about people we interact with. The software has been frustrating at times but is definitely a powerful tool once you get the hang of it.

Pros

The ability to create and organize user defined fields is a powerful tool. Global edits and importing tools are easy to use and help make initial set up less painful. The search function is powerful once you get the hang of it.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve with this software. It takes a long time to get it working the way you want it for your business (as is the case with most CRM's). The webinars and online support videos are a great feature, although most of them deal with the core version of Maximizer and not the Financial Advisor version so it can be incredibly frustrating trying to find help on a topic when some things are called by different names in different versions of the software.

Leanne G.

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Pros

I like how easy it is to organize different groups of contacts and export information

Cons

I do not like how there is a maximum number of characters for an action, and I also don't like how there isn't an easy way to make a recurring action.

Andy Z.
  • Industry: Investment Management Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Financial Advisor

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Pros

Action plans, team calendar management, UDFs, dashboards.

Cons

It feels like there is a lot of functionality available that we have not yet tapped, it would be nice if there was more sophisticated support available to us.

Rob R.

Maximizer Reveiw

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

Pros

Daily use is straightforward. Changing columns and views relatively simple.

Cons

Transferring the client info from different sources was a bit difficult, more information was given than actually uploaded.

Charlie S.

Maximizer

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

I have my client data stored in the cloud.

Pros

A good way to keep track of client information

Cons

The Maximizer Co. Assumes that users know what all the functions are and how to use them. We don't.

Jackie W.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

It meets all our requirements in terms of a an excellent data base.

Pros

The flexibility that allows you to do customize it to your specific requirements.

Cons

There is nothing specific that I dislike.

Mark A.

Cannot do without it!

Reviewed on 03/11/2017

Pros

Easy to use and setup. Reliable, mobile and all in one. Manages every aspect of our customer management from day to day, service, sales and marketing. Highly recommend it.

Tim O.

review

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

mixed reviews, not always easy to get help fixing problems.

Pros

able to import client data from our old system

Cons

does not automate any of our processes, expensive, hard to work with

Danny Y.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Very good CRM, I have had it for over 10 years

Pros

Quoting functions and follow up tools on sales leads

Cons

Its sometimes a bit glitchy and needs to occasionally fixed

Josué C.

Best software ever

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Pros

Flexibility we like the tool it helps us to enter notes in a logical way

Cons

Why are the clients separate when the household is together is what we wonder