PowerDirector

Video editing tool for publishing and sharing videos

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.0/5

Erica N.

Powerdirector is second to none

Reviewed on 28/03/2020

It is the best I have used so far and I have used a lot of them

Pros

First of all this video editing software comes with so many good features that I find very commendable. It suits almost all your editing needs. A wide range of video formats is supported including 4k. It is also fast in rendering but you can make it even faster by optimising GPU hardware acceleration. What I really like about it is that it is compatible with Chromebook

Cons

As with most video editors you need a high-end video graphics card to enjoy it and that depends on your pocket. This takes nothing away from this amazing software

• Industry: Writing & Editing

A Content Creator's Wet Dream! ­čô╣

Reviewed on 24/10/2020

It's an exceptionally well-crafted piece of software, it works well with most devices, and a person who has never edited software a day in his/her life can navigate and utilize the software. All and all, it's pretty awesome!

Pros

There is a whole bunch of editing software out there. Trust me, I know! The worst thing I had to do when I decided to start a youtube channel was finding the right editing software. I spent months searching for something that didn't confuse the hell out of me! Finally, I came across PowerDirector. Now the first thing you need to know is that PowerDirector is super easy to use. It's incredibly helpful, user-friendly, and flexible. Copy and pasting pictures, as well as downloading music is awesome. It also has filters, background color choices, video transition options, opening and end credits options that you can edit to your specifications, also a myriad of fonts and colors. Volume and audio editing features, as well as skin smoothing, panning, (that's when you do a close up then back to the regular video, for those who don't know). The saving feature varies from saving on your device to your gallery, as well as your dropbox, or social media.

Cons

There is no clear way to overlay. The feature is hard to come by. In case you don't what I am talking about, it means that if you want a video over another video for some reason you can't get that. When you add a video clip it goes to the end of your video, no matter if you put it in the position you want.

Jayla A.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

App Is Amazing for Movie Making And YouTube!

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

Amazing on the compute, still helpful on the tablet! I like the PC version more and I find it super useful for YouTube!

Pros

I love how you can have it in all devices! I love all the features put in free trial mode, its the best software out there! Its got all my favorite effects when a picture or a video transitions to the next, such cool effects! I love how there is free music to use and no limit to how long a video can be. Useful for school projects!
Fast rendering on PC and great source of free images and backgrounds to choose from.

Cons

The thing that always bothered me was the watermark but thats no big deal, I understand why its there.
On the phone or Android should add more features and a more similar set up as the PC version because it feels like using 2 different apps. I don't like how the PC has more features than the android, android should have more cool transition effects. android seems to take hours to render the video but the PC renders super fast.

Fernando M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Short but, good review

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Pros

This is the first app in which I learned to edit videos and I think it is great, since to date I continue to use it to edit my visual content in videos or audio, it is very easy to use and understand

Cons

I think it needs updating in special effects, however it is better than movie maker

Mohammed S.

• Customer Support Software

Great for all kinds of video projects

Reviewed on 20/06/2021

My overall experience with PD has been very good. My biggest struggle with video projects has always been having to go online to find compatible pieces to complete my final output. With PD paid subscription however, I no longer have to spend hours on YouTube digging for copywriter free content, I find everything I need right in the expansive libraries of stock videos and images. This has significantly improved my effeciency and output quality.

Pros

My favorite feature of Power Director is it's ease in handling both photo and video editing. Most competing software are purposely built for only one, but not both. So it definitely makes it easier working on projects that consist of both file types. My favorite technical feature however has to be the video motion tracking capacity. With my not-high-end computer, I honestly didn't expect the final outputs to be so near perfect.

Cons

The rendering speeds can be a little slow sometimes. I also wish they had more themes for the user interface. All in all however, PD's offerings are above top notch.

Ravindu N.
  • Industry: Textiles

• Customer Support Software

Can create awesome videos easily

Reviewed on 08/02/2020

Power director is my top choice for video editing because it has simple interface.

Pros

There are lot of valuable features and transition effects, 360 degree video editing tool is awesome, but according to me action camera tool and motion tracking is very useful, also it have user friendly interface. After edit video we can directly upload to social media network.

Cons

There are no big issues, but its only compatibility with windows devices. Sometimes lagging my computer when I add higher number of transition effects to the project.

William M.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Simple to use and easy to master!

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

I've used it for over 5 years and still plan on using it until I need 4k editing. Even then I'll upgrade the version. I was very new to editing and this was a great way to jump in and learn with this software.

Pros

It was easy to use for someone who was just learning how to edit videos. Lots of cool features and add ons. Also it isn't expensive to upgrade to newer versions. It is very consumer friendly.

Cons

Since it isn't as big as other video editing software, there aren't as many tutorials on YouTube.

Andy J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for 2+ years

Big Video Bang when your Budget is Low

Reviewed on 12/01/2020

Pros

Very user-friendly. Software is laid out in an extremely organized way. Has multiple video and musical track layers. A great alternative to higher dollar Adobe software, especially if you are just doing video as a side responsibility of your job.

Cons

Some innovation across the past years, but not much. They've not added many new transition effects.

• Industry: Textiles

• Customer Support Software

Simple and powerful tool for edit my travel vlogs

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Recently I install power director app to my smartphone. in my experience it is really helpful tool to edit videos. I use power director to create my travel vlogs.

Pros

Power director is fastest software compered to other video editing tools. Also it has a user friendly interface. Because of that new users can catch up their all features very quickly. According to me power tool section, transition room and Fix/Enhance section are really valuable to improve creativeness of videos.

Cons

I really like if it can come up with much more transitions. Sometimes my mobile tend to crash when I added more texts and effects to the videos. Otherwise there are no big problems with power director.

Agustin G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software
  • Used for 2+ years

PowerDirector Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

My experience with PowerDirector has been somewhat bittersweet. I used it several times but that one little thing that matters can mess everything up. Sony vegas pro 13 does miracles for me.

Pros

What I liked about the software was the rendering. It can render videos in a very fast unlike another program that I normally use. The quality of the outcome usually worked for my needs. But if I had to emphasize on anything it would just be how simple the software was. I enjoyed adding transitions and effects only to have stunning results.

Cons

There was one really big annoyance. The video editing on the PC can sometimes be painful due to lag even on my HP Zbook G3 17. Zooming in and out of the timeline was at times frustrating. Also, with the super-fast rendering I wouldn't expect for ultra-quality results.

Michele S.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and family friendly

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

When we started producing videos for the web we had no time to learn to use a real professional software and so we started with PowerDirector to be fast but that was a mistake. It is always better to do the good choise since the very first experience to avoid to waste the time.

Pros

It is a software I suggest to an amateur user, not to a professional user. It offers a nice and intuitive interface and probably it's the best chiose to have nice options, filters, effects and the feeling to be able to produce a great video from private footage and for family memories

Cons

It would like to be for professional use but there is nothing that makes you thing the software has opportunities to be like that!

Deb P.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Feature rich, reasonable price

Reviewed on 14/08/2020

Pros

It does everything I need it to do and so much more. It's relatively inexpensive.

Cons

There's some issue with screen resolution and it makes it very small on my computer. It has so many features I barely scratch the surface. I wish there were robust tutorials on using the fancier features. Sometimes I found the help guides to be confusing.

Osarumwense I.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for Free Trial

This is my review

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Pros

I like the fact that it provides an intuitive UI, and comes with lovely effects.

Cons

After recent updates, the app started giving issues. The video can just freeze sometimes, during transition. This bug needs to be fixed.
It's not really easy for beginners to play around with the app.

Gabriella N.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

A beginner-friendly review after using PowerDirector for 3 years+

Reviewed on 19/01/2021

My experience with PowerDirector has been good, starting off and learning it has helped me to be able to use other video editing software. I switched from using PowerDirector as I need basic video editing functionality and I have found a free alternative program.

Pros

PowerDirector was the first video editing software I started with and I used it for over three. It's intuitive to learn even when you do not have any experience. It takes some effort and getting used to but I was able to start without online tutorials or a manual.
Additionally, If you learn it you will be able to use most video editors with minimal challenges. The sample videos that come with it are helpful more especially when you are starting and you are not sure how to import media.
The user interface is polished and has a premium feel about it, this makes for a positive user experience, encouraging you to explore more, and as a result, being familiar and learning the software.
One of the most important beginner-friendly functionality that I found useful when I was starting was the preview window. In the preview window, you can see your video playing, in PowerDirector the track slider/ seek bar is functional, this is not always the case in other editors.
Since the preview window is similar to most video players it feels familiar and starting to edit from there (vs on the tracks) gets you started quicker. This allowed me to do edits while still familiarize myself with more functionality.
PowerDirector also has a mobile version on Playstore, that I have used recently. It's very easy to start with, you do not need to register, and it's free with an optional upgrade.

Cons

I like PowerDirectorÔÇÖs user interface but its a bit on the heavy side, it can run on an entry-level processor with 4GBs of RAM but with a struggle.
Another note is that installation and rendering on an entry-level machine can take a lot of time.

I feel PowerDirector is a mid-range video editor, and has a reasonable price point compared to advance video editing software however if you are a beginner and/or just need basic editing functionality it's not ideal.

Robbie S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Budget Video Editor with useful tools

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

PowerDirector is a great budget video editor that likely has more features than the vast majority of users will need. Up to 3 videos can occupy the same space, whether you decide to have one as picture in picture, or split screen, etc. Individual videos can be cropped, can have adjustments in color, brightness, etc. Transitions between pictures or videos are also useful. The "AudioDirector" tools are a hidden gem, and it will export the audio from a video, allow you to apply equalizers, boosts, and moderate sound effects. Compression is another option in the editing. Once done, it returns it to the video. This is true of ANY edit to the audio. So, when there were times when the audio was out of sync with the video originally, I could edit the audio slightly, and when returned to the video, it was a SEPARATE file that I could "nudge" until it was properly aligned. That is tedious to be sure, but I am thankful for the option. I use the audio features as much as the video at this point. Recently I have learned to use chroma (green screen). It is ok, not flawless, but it does allow fun options in changing backgrounds. I have a hard time completely eliminating the slight green glow at the edges, but maybe there is more fine tuning I can do. My hair is fine, and the green slightly shows through it.

Pros

I feel this software is reasonably intuitive once you get over the initial learning curve (and no matter what software one has, the initial learning of how it works takes time).

Cons

Very little that I dislike. I wish it "produced" the videos faster, but that will be true of all, I'm sure. I most recently upgraded to "365," but I REALLY do not like subscription software. I prefered when I owned a version and used it for a few years. During COVID I felt it was important enough to keep it up to date.

• Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

You may want to check other vendor software before purchasing

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Overall, it was fine for a startup novice although needing a new and somewhat steep learning curve in their way of a workflow. The upgrades keep you in with them. The subscription was a deal-breaker for me.

Pros

An abundance of bells and whisles for just about anything.

Cons

The workflow is rather complicated. Cyberlink places different parts of their software and plug-in all over the PC! The quality is old-school. There is more hype rather than a smooth and uncluttered performance.

Tumisang D.
  • Industry: Online Media

video editting made easier

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

i always finish my video projects on time, generally i am not afraid to give out a time frame to anyone who might need my video editting assistance because i know i will make it in time for as long as i use PowerDirector.

Pros

This software is user friendly, easy to use and everything is simplified. Everytime i open it does not crash like the previous softwares i used before, even if the power was to go off i am sure that i will find the auto saved progress of my work. video editting made easier.

Cons

despite its smooth operation, sometimes it gets very slow in some computers.

Jessica N.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

power director an easy way to make amazing videos

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

The problem I am solving is video crashes during editing.
I have found that with the updated app it is easier to understand how I can use

Pros

I liked the editing tools and how original our videos can be, at first it is a bit complicated to use until you learn all the tools, it has good options to use for any photo or video editing

Cons

What I liked least was the watermark at the end of the video, which can only be removed if you pay the subscription fee. There are some tools like cutting, but once the video is cut I can't edit it, I have to delete it and put it back in again, and sometimes it crashes. At the beginning it was hard to learn, because there are so many tools.

Leon M.
  • Industry: Online Media

PowerDirector - A Great Editor For Chromebook

Reviewed on 18/04/2020

I use PowerDirector to create my YouTube videos and, overall, I'm impressed with it. ­čÖé

Pros

This software has a lot of features built in.

I feel I can get a professional video with the pro version.

Cons

The software has recently changed making it harder to create projects.

I'm sure part of this is because there is a new learning curve.

However, the old user interface was easier to use.

• Industry: Environmental Services

I love using PowerDiretor

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

I like it, its more for people who want to make simple videos with ease and good for beginners, l find it easy to use more than any other Video Editor when its about Cyberlink, also gotta mention that it is really cool to get Voice recorder and editor which is really cool with all other stuff

Pros

I made memorable videos of my family with ease

Cons

I dont like when i cant work a little more detailed things, like some effects for example-Video where background flashes in the rythm of the beat of song

William C.
  • Industry: Insurance Software
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The Best Video Editing Software I have used

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Overall I am very pleased! I have made some professional looking videos with Power Director. There are so many features I have not even had the opportunity to use. They are constantly adding updates and offer low priced additional packs.

Pros

Before purchasing this software I had only used Windows movie maker. I needed something that would allow me to edit some creative drone videos. I found the free version of this and then quickly upgraded when I realized how easy it was to use. You can walk into this with little video editing experience and still be up to speed on all of the features in no time. There are so many cool effects to apply to your video.

Cons

I do at times have problems with the software crashing although the last updates seem to have helped with this. It is a bit slow rendering and saving final videos at time and I am running a new fast laptop.

Ryan M.
  • Industry: Restaurants

My experience

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Pros

Being able to burn CDs as well as being able to make iso files out of home DVDs and a type of file for data on CDs to be able to have a back up for recording in the computer

Cons

Well there is not too much to complain about per say, I mean granted it took a bit to get the hang of it of course but I achieved it

Vandana M.

It's good, but could be better

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

My overall experience with this software is satisfactory.

Pros

I like how there are a good selection of fx and editing options for videos. There aren't enough options to overwhelm a beginner, but there aren't too little that professional editors will miss out on certain editing tools.

Cons

The thing I like the least about this software is the watermark. They should either make the watermark smaller, or, even better, remove the watermark completely.

Power-Packed Video Editing Software

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

I use this software to create and edit all types of videos, including those for training, marketing, and branding.

Pros

Very powerful and feature-rich. Also a great value compared to other leading video editing software solutions.

Cons

The software can be enhanced with additional features by adding plugins and effects packs. These modules do not all have a consistent design though, so it can take a little time to get to know how to use each one.

• Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great Tool for Editing Videos on the Go

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

I had a need to edit some video recordings that were made, combine them into one long video, and add music, and it needed to be done in the time it takes me to commute to the office. I searched the Google Play Store and this app was highly rated so I went with it and was pleased to find that it was super easy to use. I was able to make my edits, combine the videos, and add an MP3 to the overall final product all before I got into the office. I was very impressed.

Pros

The app is very intuitive with no learning curve and is super easy to use from the minute you first log in.

Cons

Final production is watermarked. It's not huge and it doesn't take away from your video, but it would be preferable without it.