Hiver

Hiver: World's First Gmail-based Customer Service Helpdesk

4.7 /5 (72 reviews) Write a Review!

Bryn S.

• Customer Support Software

Hiver has been a game changer our account management team!

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

Hiver has made it so much easier for our client-facing teams to collaborate with each other and better serve all of our clients' needs. Everybody can see all the emails coming in, leave internal notes for each other, mark emails as pending/closed, use templates...the list goes on. It's been a huge game changer!

Cons

I wish we could use Hiver for even more. Everything about it is great, including amazing customer service, and so now I want to get rid of our other software/integration app providers and just use Hiver exclusively.

Juan david N.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

Managing a team was never easier!

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

KPI measurement Prioritizing emails, Coworking with shared inboxes, Highlight important emails that need immediate attention.

Pros

This add will make teamwork 100% easier and more efficient. I can start by saying that the fact that it will sort every upcoming email to the person in charge is amazing, not only because it will help to have a more organized shared box, but it will also let us supervise the email flow from our colleagues and give them a hand whenever they need or are out for vacation. On the other hand, having the option to leave comments on the memo field, will also help us to remind important information or simply inform our colleagues about something. Last but not least, Hiver gives us the opportunity to work with shared mailboxes and prioritize whatever is important for the team and allows us to "Close" every task that no longer needs our attention.

Cons

It was hard for me to find a con for this tool as it offers all the essential features that I need to sort my emails
and supervise the email flow for our team. However, I found probably a glitch when emails that are on "pending" status are not automatically opened whenever they get a reply.

Michael W.

• Customer Support Software

Hiver was a game changer for us

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Hiver has been awesome from a trial to full implementation. I was able to get exactly what I needed for my team and it has made our sales department so much better. Emails can easily get out of control and after struggling with basic Gmail for so long it was time to find a solution. Hiver became the perfect solution for us and it was the easiest pitch to my boss to get it.

Pros

Assigning emails to our team members has been a game changer. We are no longer fumbling over ourselves and can clearly see who is handling which email. It has added organization and accountability that was lacking on our team when it came to handling our main sales email account.

Cons

The analytics are easy but we don't use them very much.

Hiver Review

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

Helps organize shared inbox and keeps members of company accountable for getting back to customers. No excuses for not seeing an email - Hiver makes it so easy to keep track of hundreds of daily emails!

Cons

I want customizable notification settings - I get emails assigned to me everyday and don't need that info but being able to see the times that a colleague @'s me will be super helpful and those seem to get lost in the notifications.

Christina O.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to implement. Allows for internal communication without creating extra emails within an email conversation. Handles high volume with ease. Ability to add tags and auto-assign emails based on multiple conditions. Ability to schedule outgoing emails and SLA-violation rules.

Cons

Inability to mark notifications as unread, however this is an upcoming feature.

Ryan O.

Highly recommend Hiver

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

Pros

Very simple to use and creates a multi user inbox

Cons

I havent run into many cons about the software. every time i have an issue Hiver staff jumps on it to fix it

Amanda W.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

Great Customer Service Product!

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

We have had a great experience with Hiver. It has really improved our customer service and any time I have had a question or issue their tech support was ready to help.

Pros

I love that I can assign emails to my team and see when they are completed.

Cons

I can't think of anything right now! I really enjoy Hiver.

Amber G.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great way to organize emails for my team!

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

Pros

Prior to using Hiver, my team used an alias email address which sent emails to each of their inboxes. This caused duplicate responses, missed responses, and created a lot of confusion. With Hiver, it is simple to assign an email to a specific member, make notes, and see which emails need to be followed up on.

My team has become a lot more efficient in their responses and have been able to utilize templates to answer more redundant emails.

Cons

It was a little confusing to get started but after going through a quick training session, I was provided with the knowledge to share with my team.

Ashley C.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Critical!

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Pros

Saves time and confusion for a shared inbox, eliminates the need for an organizational admin

Cons

The set up can take a while to figure out

Jay M.

Works perfectly

Reviewed on 18/02/2015

I needed to be able to share a folder in gmail in 2 different email accounts, and this worked perfectly. It is easy to install in both gmail accounts, basically a browser add on for Chrome. Any email sent to any folder you choose to share, shows up in both email accounts. This is very useful because it allows you just forward some mail from an account, but not all of it, and it does not alter the from, subject, or email address of the original email so you can download into 3'rd party software (such as outlook) clean messages, that have the correct email address and sender from the original email.

Catherine B.

• Customer Support Software

Hiver has been an integral part of managing our advertising center.

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Pros

We receive 100 + advertising orders a day that are answered by 3 people. Hiver allows you to easily manage incoming emails and track salespeople's productivity.

Pongpat R.

• Customer Support Software

Easy tool for email collaboration

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

Pros

Easy to use and very low learning curve.

Cons

Sometime not reliable, for example, there is one time that over mailbox did not sync up.

• Industry: Accounting Software

Shared mailbox in gmail

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

Pros

easy tool to manage a shared inbox, which works well.

Cons

It should have a tool to schedule recurring mails.

Aaron P.

Reviewed on 30/05/2016

Daniel A.

Great for Gmail

Reviewed on 05/03/2015

This is a great program for Gmail and helps very much with organization. My assistant and I now have a simple, easy way to sort through emails without any stress. The only limitation might be the email limit per day, but it never loses emails, so it never turns out to be a problem.

Gary W.

Great service & customer support

Reviewed on 24/10/2014

Works as promised and has a free use option.

Jennifer N.

• Customer Support Software

A Great Tool for Team Work!

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

It was a great experience. Customer service is always a priority for the Hiver Team, and the turnaround time to implement and train on Hiver usage was fairly quick due to the user friendly design.

Pros

The assignment feature allows us to assign to specific team mates. The notes allow us to have easy internal communication without the need to endlessly forward emails to people. From a management perspective, Hiver Analytics is a great tool to measure email productivity as well.

Cons

I would like to see assignment feature be available on a team level instead of an individual level. For example, an email can be assigned to a specific department that also have Hiver. With a shared inbox feature, the sent folder will also contain emails that were sent from other teammates. Wish there was an easier way to filter that.

Carl V.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Visibility, Visibility, Visibility

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

All around great experience from the demonstration through go-live. The Hiver team is also very responsive to questions we have as well as training support for new team members.

Pros

Hiver was selected for its integration within our G-Suite. Hiver has allowed our group to more effectively and efficiently deal with inbound emails while giving visibility into the email traffic our client and talent experience team have on a daily basis. I love the ability to customize the solution to our business needs.

Cons

I wish the analytics graphs were exportable for presentations, would also be great to be able to embed live graphs.

Evan F.

A must have for Gmail!

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

The service has been great I was invited onto the Beta team for their IOS application which has really come along with their updates.

Pros

The shared inbox features are fantastic for teams using Gmail. The ability to add notes and assignments has really made our internal communication more efficient and effective. Anyone that has multiple teammembers and groups should have this service.

Cons

The product has been great for us. There are no negatives.

Cesar E.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Hiver User for Life

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

HIVER has allowed my team to tackle a problem as a team. By sharing emails and folders, our clients receive immediate or very prompt responses from numerous persons on a team handling different aspects of a case. This is done in a coordinated, non-redundant or non-repetitive matter. It makes us efficient and profitable.

Pros

Its ease of use, integration with Gmail, customizable and easy settings for sharing folders.

Cons

I cannot share my contacts. This feature should be added.

Melissa P.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Hiver Review

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

It has helped our communication in all departments, Quicker responses from clients via email and keeps us on track and collects data as well through out the day.

Pros

I Like how organized it is, the features are nothing compared to other softwares we have used at work.
I can assign myself to the email and close it when it is taken care of. The notification on the top right corner are very helpful, it keeps all of us informed.

Cons

In the beginning when using this software there was a few minor glitches as in emails appearing again and again automatically. I'm glad that was solved.

• Customer Support Software

Extremely useful, a little finicky

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

The usefulness just can't be beat, despite some challenges, it remains worthewhile

Pros

Hiver has a tremendous amount of useful functionality, specifically for a collective inbox setup. It integrates easily and intuitively with gmail and is easy to operate from the admin pannel

Cons

Customer support is responsive and friendly, but I've found challenges successfully communicating issues and solutions with them. Some of the automated trigger functions, which highly useful, can be a little too finicky to be fully reliable

James C.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Essential

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

We recently reorganized our staff into various POD's, and communication is an utmost concern. Hiver has enabled us to assign emails and other communication in ways that provide visibility, ease of use, speed (which is essential) and accountability. We would be at a significant loss without Hiver.

Cons

There are no downsides to working with Hiver from a user's standpoint.

Jim J.

• Customer Support Software

Quality solution for fast-growing teams!

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Pros

We use the Google Suite for EVERYTHING and I love that this product integrates into Gmail. It makes onboarding a breeze and offers everything we need within the tool we use most. The automated features are helpful, and the analytics have gotten better an better.

Cons

Not many cons from my point of view. Slows Gmail a little bit, but it's not too noticeable.

Perfect for small teams

Reviewed on 25/11/2018

We have been hiver for less than a month and our support team couldn't have been happier. We plan to move our Finance and Account management efforts also to this in the next few weeks.

Pros

The fact that managed inboxes are far more efficient for lean teams as compared to full-blown help-desk solutions. Hiver as a helpdesk tool actually is not only simpler to use but also very efficient. One of the biggest challenges with the adoption of tools/software is the mental barrier of "opening another tab" to do something that you could do right from your inbox. Hiver solves that.

Cons

It would have been great if we could also have access to a small wiki where we could maintain and manage the help docs.