TeamDesk

Custom online database creation. Low code database software.

4.9 /5 (39 reviews) Write a Review!
4.8

Better & cheaper than Quickbase but lacking mobile form to record (much needed)

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

It's better in may ways than Intuit Quickbase. Also much cheaper.
Great service almost around the clock and 7 days a week.
Relatively easy to use but you will need a programer for some functions (see cons)
Pricing is much better than Quickbase
Surprisingly the app looks ok to work with on the mobile but lacking mobile form to record (see cons)

Cons

BIG negative: no responsive good web to record form which forces you to find an external form app and waste a lot of time with CSS and API development and.... fixing problems.

Too long for needed features to be added like "plus" for auto adding additional input fields. There are also glitches like not being to add "none" as an option. TeamDesk is adding features only months after the market has a need for them.

Sporadic issues with speed and API calls

Adding update needed features will make TeamDesk perfect.

Not easy to set good appearance of the records.

Pierre C.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A real life changer at work

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

- Cuts dramatically administrative costs
- Speeds up and makes more reliable commercial / administrative processes
- Enable to share information in the company in a very efficient and organized way
- Very useful for project orientated teams
- Applicable to many processes in the company (sales, accounting, production, T&E, task tracking, ...)
- Personalized to each company (way more than any ERP !!)
- Cheap in regards to the value it creates
- Very responsive after sales team (the best I have seen so far)

Cons

Difficult to fill this category as this product is really great
- Oldish interface
- No video trainings
- Mobile app is useful but could do way way more

Tony H.
Industry: Accounting

Let's me sleep at night

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

I run a small accountancy practice in the UK. I use Teamdesk to manage data about our clients, jobs and time spent by staff. We use its mail merge capability to produce letters and checklist. We use it's workflow functions to send ourselves alerts and automate communication to clients.

I have found the support very good.

Pros

I like the ease of customising the database the most. I get an idea and I can implement it in minutes.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of anything I don't like,

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the review, Tony.
Special thanks to you from the support team.

Kelly W.
Industry: Program Development

10+ years and keeps getting better and better!

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

I started out programming in Teamdesk over 10 years ago for a single client. I programmed for them for 5 years before starting my own business programming primarily in Teamdesk. If you are in a niche market or work remotely this is the program you need. We've programmed HIPAA compliant patient management, sales, inventory, fleet management, rental management, office processes, truck-driver compliance, and the list just goes on.

Pros

I've been programming Teamdesk databases for over 10 years. They have been super responsive to client input and requests for new features.

Cons

There are few things I dislike about this software. Every time I find something I don't like I can talk to them to find out why it's like that or make a suggestion for a change. Users can also "vote" on people's suggestions so they are working on what their clients really want.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review.

Michael C.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Teamdesk is the cornerstone of our operations!

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Great for record keeping & organized systems.

Pros

I love the ability to customize to continue to improve our operational systems. I also really like being able to use the software at any time and any place I have internet. It is also helpful to be able to open more than one teamdesk window at a time while working on multiple projects and updates at a time - and they have thought of everything because if we try and save a file while another is open it will notify of that and make us confirm. Thank you Teamdesk team!!

Cons

a slight lag in question/response - not immediate - which is okay & I understand not completely necessary :)

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the review, Michael.

Industry: Hospitality

TeamDesk makes it easy to work with data.

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

Love TeamDesk— suggest to all non-competition

Pros

Software is easily customize able. Easy to develop a wide range of applications for all business functions. Very good customer support.

Cons

Cluttered UI, isn’t integrated with some of my other business software.

Vien P.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great Database, Inexpensive, Easy to Store Information, All in one Management

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Nice customer service.

Pros

Store unlimited information
Convenient for delivery with open map feature
Track and notify client expire date
Generate forms for Client sign
Track and calculate inventory
Great number of users to start out with
Design your database the way you want
Overall great price and service.

Cons

So far we do not see any cons. I suggest TeamDesk to keep improving to make even easier platform for all type of businesses.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the nice review.

Rick C.

The best, most flexible online database

Reviewed on 28/10/2015

We had some awful experiences with cloud databases prior to migrating a few years ago to Teamdesk. Foresoft has provided consistently stellar support and software engineering, while continuously improving the product. We think there is nothing better, from a cost-performance standpoint as well!

We strongly recommend Teamdesk without reservation.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you!

Patricio B.
Industry: Telecommunications

It's not just a cloud database

Reviewed on 20/04/2018

Pros

In the organization that I lead, TeamDesk has helped us to automate a large part of our Business Intelligence processes, being able not only to store the information that we manage internally and of our clients, but to integrate it with other cloud systems and giving much more value to that information.
It has allowed us to generate cloud platforms for ticket management, geolocation, cost control, cloud reporting, information management, mobile applications, to name a few.
The stability of the platform is wonderful. In 4 years of use we have not had a single incident that decreases the overall uptime of the solution. In terms of performance, the ability of the platform to manage and graph information of millions of data in real time is surprising.
Another thing that I love is that there is a community of users where we share ideas and new developments, which are listened to continuously by Foresoft and that allows you to have a clear roadmap of the service over time.
The support service of Foresoft is very delicate, its service times are in line with any global operation and they are always attentive to any doubts one may have to improve the internal business.
We are very grateful for the Teamdesk and Foresoft service, and I am sure that it can help many other companies as it has done with mine.

Cons

Not problems or cons, I believe that the platform must move to the next level with well-defined Big Data processes, which will surely be on Foresoft roadmap soon.

Marius C.

Rating only

Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Adrian T.

Fantastic product and customer service

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

I used Filemaker and Filemaker server for many years before wanting a cloud solution (Filemaker can in theory be cloud based but it's difficult and sluggish).

TeamDesk is basically Filemaker plus a hundred times better! And, it has the benefit of being in the cloud.

TeamDesk recently implemented Zapier integration (still in beta) which has taken their product to another level for us. We have the database communicating with all sorts of websites, apps and services increasing our productivity by an immense amount!

It's hard to stress how fantastic this database is for functionality and what it can do.

If you have a problem (like with a formula), you get a quick response from support, usually with a solution (I don't think there's much this database can't do).

Cons

There is only one "cons" to the product and that's probably the end user UI. Forms for filling in data are a little bit old fashioned and so are the reports (views) of data. Generally it's in spreadsheet format and you can add colour to the row or text but not much else.*

This really doesn't matter though! It's functionality and getting things done quickly are what really matters and in this regard it excels.

*I think you can now add CSS to the database to improve it's look but I've not bothered with that.

Bin xia Z.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Just perfect

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

Ease of use, custom database, cuztom functions, etc. , support from staff, price model, unlimited data for the price..

Cons

Not as beautiful on the use interface as other custom databases, but the pros are just too much for this to matter.

Steve M.
Industry: Internet

Cloud database solution

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

Pros

TeamDesk makes it possible for users to create, maintain and share a database for business information. Users can create unique database for their needs. After the creation of database, others users can be invited with necessary privileges.

Cons

To date there is nothing I can call cons. My advice to the development team is 'keep up the good work.

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the fantastic review, Steve!

Emeka O.
Industry: Higher Education

TeamDesk has definitely succeeded in a creating an efficient way to store and manipulate data.

Reviewed on 17/02/2018

Pros

Most of all, I like that the software possesses much more more functionality and options in terms of managing data than your average database manager. It's focused on ensuring efficiency and flexibility. I recommend it.

Cons

I'd recommend this software to people who are okay with paying the price to purchase it. This might not be an issue for others but for me it's a little inconvenient.

Sukant G.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great Support Team

Great

Pros

Great Support and help provided from the support team. It solved our long pending demand.

We can manage the way we want. Very happy with team desk

Cons

Very User Friendly and customization is very good

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you for the great review, Sukant.
TeamDesk support team is always happy to help you.

Calvin peters C.

Innovative, Powerful and Simple

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

If you're familiar with nothing more than the user's side of a database then Teamdesk gives you the power to create your own vision.
Understanding programming language(s) is not a requirement.
The development console makes learning to use Teamdesk simple.
It is scalable, secure and easily deployable across user platforms.
The customer support is second to none! The team is very quick to respond, solidly committed to providing a robust and secure product and very effective in problem-solving with lots of guiding advice to make development and innovation work smooth. They have never let me down and always go above and beyond the call. They are always listening to their user base for new ideas and feedback and are constantly updating, evolving and innovating.
We looked at a number of options and even tried a few others before settling with TD but none were as easy to get up and running to start or as easy to learn and develop.

Cons

I have used TD for 8 years now and the constant innovation loop built into their user feedback has mitigated most shortcomings before I realized there was something missing. I honestly have found no "cons" to date.

Philipp G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

A great product with a fantastic support team

Reviewed on 28/06/2019

With TeamDesk I was able to implement a cloud bookkeeping app which I have been considering for years. Key was that I could this entirely on my own without a large development team and with the absolute certainty that the folks at TeamDesk would keep the infrastructure running in the background.

Pros

Fasts to set up, easy to use, intuitive, flexible, fantastic support.

I have developed a multi-client product entirely on my own, i.e no large development team needed, which now has multiple organisations and users working off the one data set and the one code base. In order to achieve this the TeamDesk team had to make some enhancements to thier product which they helpfully embraced and implemented.

Cons

In some areas I have pushed the product beyond its intended usage boundaries and as a result I sometimes have speed issues. This could also be be due to latency issues as I am located in Europe and the TeamDesk servers are in the US. However I understand that European servers are being considered.

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the fantastic review, Philipp.

Frances F.
Industry: Education Management

Review of TeamDesk

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

The business now has extensive customer information all in one area. From documentation of all contact with our customers from the sales team, to the training information on what course the customers employees have completed. Creating certificates is a breeze, identifying who did a course along with what the sales team have told them to what equipment they have purchased.
All in one easy to use area that I can control who has access to! brilliant!

Pros

Ease of customisation and flexibility in use for our company. we have a central database for all our sales and education information. Also love that we can export information for our customers and as a sales report for our Board. We have been in business as a training organisation for over 20 years and this is the best database we have ever had.

Cons

Sometimes takes me a while to work out how to change things!

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you, Frances, for the review. We are glad that TeamDesk database empowers your business management.

George L.
Industry: Wholesale

Easy to use, best support

Best of the best apps

Pros

Very easy to understand and set up, can connect almost every apps via zappier.
Great customer support, even on the weekend I get called back

Cons

Maybe the font, the color theme short of art sense!

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the review, George.
Special thanks to you from the support team.

Jeff C.

Excellent range of features and rapid development time

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

Product is easy to use and has a wide range of powerful features. We were able to development our business critcal application in less than one month after we were forced to move away from Trackvia due to them withdrawing support from the version of their product we used. We were able to replicate all of the required functionality with TeamDesk and add a range of added value features that we not available within our old product.

Cons

We haven't found any cons within the TeamDesk application and their support has been excellent, responding quickly to any queries we had,

Dale O.

Rating only

Mark R.

TeamDesk Connects Like No Other!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 21/10/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

TeamDesk has been such a critical part of our operation with so many useful tools creating a cohesive ecosystem within our organization allowing various departments to connect with each other in ways we previously never knew!

Cons

It took a bit of time during the on boarding process to bring everyone up to par with a foundational level competency to utilize TeamDesk appropriately. Once everyone got up to speed it's been great!

Cooper C.

Beyond Excellent

Reviewed on 12/02/2016

I have developed multiple data applications for my company and other companies.
Our best example is a client working in the healthcare industry. They started many years ago with 3 people. Now they are over 25 full time employees. Most employees work remotely. We started with a single table that listed there clients. Teamdesk had developed into there entire operations system, it handles clients, tracking HR, travel time, patient charts, everything.

Best of all the Teamdesk team is constantly adding and improving. Better yet they respond to requests!

I will happily recommend them to anyone.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you for the review and recommendations.

Scott M.

Great product. Exceptional support

Reviewed on 29/10/2015

I have worked with TeamDesk for many years developing a range of applications for different business functions. During this period the product has continually evolved, with many of the improvements driven by customer feedback through an active and healthy forum.

One element that has remained constant is the first class support, something that others could learn from.

If TeamDesk has a downside it's probably that they don't market themselves enough although that is changing (hence this listing)!

I would not hesitate in recommending TeamDesk, the product or the company.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much.

Fantastic product

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

I have a small medical billing business and have several contractors that assist me remotely. I am able to track a tremendous amount of information easily in Team Desk and am extremely pleased with the product. As a non technical person, I have received much customer support from TD in regards to implementing customized changes. It can basically do anything you want it to do and the changes are relatively easy to make., even without a technical aptitude. Highly recommend.

Cons

TD expects you to figure out and learn to make your own changes to the database. This part is challenging for me. They do have customer support that will assist, and their first attempt is to point you to the appropriate help section. If I can't figure something out however, they will intervene and make the changes for me.