4.2
3.8
Industry: Management Consulting

SendGrid Review

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

It is fine--we continue to use it and at the end of the day the emails get delivered. It is just not super practical or intuitive. To get the full benefits I had to get a professional guy who knows HTML to help me to design and send the emails (and I am very savvy with technology).

Pros

This software has better features than competitors and email campaigns seem to reach out to more people. the templates provided are useful.

Cons

The Challenge with this app is that every little improvement that you want to make to your process is going to cost you more money. So although it starts being cheaper than competitors, by the time you add the reporting, stats, more emails you end up paying the same or more.

Unless you pay extra you will not see the results of your email campaign, that is a big con, and you don't realize this until you have imported thousands of people and have invested a lot of hours creating your lists. Since you get a lot of free features when you first sign-in "as a trial period" by the time they remove them you are all in!

David R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great email service for offloading website form emails from web hosting services

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

SendGrid is a great solution if sending emails from your website is critical to your business. It gives you the functionality to inspect and see what emails are being sent and to secure your emails using various security standards (ie. SPF, DKIM, etc).

Pros

Often web hosts have email limits for websites and your contact forms or orders from your site can be shut off without warning. Using SendGrid means you can control your email services from your website and see what emails are being sent and whether they are being delivered. The SendGrid console allows you to view what emails are bouncing and which aren't being delivered (ie. fake email addresses), etc. Also SendGrid support is really great as well and will assist with how to go about securing your email using Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) (or their similarly named solution of this).

Cons

With you could inspect the email bodies within the SendGrid console. Unfortunately you can only search on the email subject, dates, etc, but not the email bodies.

Jordan R.

Sendgrid is great

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Was great for sending transactional, automated emails. API integration with my app was a breeze.

Pros

Love the UI, the simplicity of the setup, the training / onboarding videos, and the ease-of-use. It's a great tool. Also, the visual template builder is great.

Cons

I ended up switching to Mailgun just to test things out - and honestly, they're both pretty amazing, but I stuck with Mailgun because (at least at the time I switched) they had a more generous "free" plan.

Sendgrid is great though!

Industry: Computer Software

SendGrid is a reliable email platform.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 29/05/2019

I have been using SendGrid for the last two years. It is very easy to use. You can design your mail or edit the SendGrid templates. Also there is a code editor. So you can make changes in the code. So you can change the style or make it responsive by writing media query. So you don't have to be bothered about the design issues in sending a mail. Also marketing mails can be send to list of users just by a button click. There are many features which helps you in email marketing and automated email delivery. Thank you team for this wonderful product.

Pros

SendGrid is the best email delivery platform I have ever used. I am a developer and to send automated mails from website was a major concern for me. But using SendGrid I can easily send mail. APIs is easily available and you can design your mail just by some drag and drop. Also there are many templates available in SendGrid. You can just edit the templates and add your images just by uploading to SendGrid photo gallery. Transactional mail templates can be created by desin or code. This is the main attractive part in SendGrid. Also you can upload your users base and send mail to multiple users just by a button click. So SendGrid can be easily used for marketing purpose. So I will say, this is a best option for email delivery service.

Cons

Even if SendGrid is easy, for a beginner it is a little confusing. Because you will not know where to design your template in transactional or legacy . But once you are familiar with it, SendGrid is the best.

Jeffrey F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Super outgoing email platform

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Love this software, and just upgraded to a paying using from the freemium <3

Pros

Super easy to implement through their API. Use it extensively in our day-to-day notificatons.

Cons

Not much that we do not like about this software. The editing feature might be a little more user friendly, but once you get your first template right, it is easy to cut an paste.

Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy Email Relay Service

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Pros

I know SendGrid has a lot more to offer than I actually use. I have it linked up with a database program and use it as a relay service for sending emails. It has been a solid service. There have been a few times I've had to get in touch with customer service for some help, and they were responsive and helpful.

Cons

Being on the lowest tier, we end up sharing an IP with who knows who else, so our messages are sometimes flagged as spam and bounce because of their IP source. The price jump to the next level which would give us a dedicated IP is hard to justify - several times the price for what I'm guessing would be going from a 99.5% success rate to what would probably be about 99.9%.

Martin E.
Company size: Self Employed

SendGrid solved our email problems

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

I've been using SendGrid for years, and recently carried out an update to a CMS system to start sending mail through it. It solved a bunch of email issues that the company in question has been facing for years.

Pros

SendGrid takes the headache out of email. No longer do I waste my days trying to work out why outgoing emails are failing, or being reported as spam. I can monitor all outgoing email, generate reports, and spend my day doing useful things instead!

Cons

Some of the useful services are paid extras, but that's business, right?

Colin W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Awesome software for our company.

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Great software for any company that send a lot of emails to clients. Automation is key!

Pros

Sendgrid manages and distributes all of our email notifications to the clients. We normally send about 10,000 + a day and this program lets us monitor who's received it and who's spammed or bouncing them back.

Cons

The layout is hard to navigate if you're logging in for the first time. It does get easier. I wish there was more criteria to search for. Error message reasons do not make sense sometimes.

Industry: Publishing

Boss in email marketing

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Sendgrid is very good tool for email automation.
Were we can create the templete for email and all to gather we can send 10000 emails in one shot. So its consuming very less time and having multiple functions. I loved it and I want to recommend to all the people who are looking for email marketing tools

Pros

Sendgrid is very efficient and easy tool for email marketing, as I have been using it from last one year, I feel worth of money, how easy it's for mass mailing and doing the followup with customers and getting the stastics who has open the email and who has gone through the hyper link given in template. I would like to recommend all who ever is looking for email marketing tools

Cons

The least I liked about sendgrid is creating template for every email separately, even though it's manageble.

Garret T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Worst Customer Support (even for Pro Users)

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Overall I would say I'm extremely disappointed with the customer support with SendGrid, especially as a paid Pro user. We have sent over 2M emails and an AI tool flagged our account which was then immediately shut-down without any contact from SendGrid to get more information or validate why it was shut-down. After multiple hours calling thru phone banks I was able to get someone live who couldn't help me at all and said they would reach out to compliance and call-back within 30 minutes.

It has been over 8 hours and I have reached out several more times with no follow-up or resolution to our account.

Pros

integration process with our product was fairly straight forward and on-going maintenance is low cost.

Cons

as a customer for more than 7 years I have been satisfied with the service. The platform, per the conversation with the customer support team, has seen a large rise in fraud and has begun banning clients regularly even when compliance hasn't completed a diligence process. This has resulted in a large amount of "false positive" cases.

When they ban your account, there is no notification. It just says you aren't authorized to access your account. Even if you are paying for Pro support you have no ability to access your account to call support. You have to submit a ticket and then wait 24 hours+ to get a call back.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Elisa P.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

Good and convenient with a high rate of delivered emails!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 14/10/2018

Sendgrid is functional, reliable and convenient. I previously used MailChimp but it has become too expensive so I started using Sendgrid and I am looking at its improvements every day. It must be improved, but it is a good tool.

Pros

Useful email marketing tool to send marketing emails and analyze their results.

You can easily set up a campaign using the email templates available on the platform or creating your custom ones.

The email editor offers two option: design and code. The design editor allows creating custom layouts by dragging and dropping the modules available on Sendgrid, whilst the code editor offers the opportunity to personalize your templates writing your html code.

The A/B testing function offers the possibility to test different titles, copy and images to check the most performing ones.

Test email and schedule features available.

Report and insights accurate and detailed.

You can check different views according to different devices in real time.

On the left side of the main page, you can constantly check your reputation according to the email you’ve sent and the percentage of bounced emails and the ones marked as spam.

It is really convenient.

Cons

By switching from design editor to code editor and back again, at any variation you will lose all your previous work.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A one-stop shop.

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Pros

I love the ease of configuration when integrating SendGrid with our in-house or 3rd party applications. In addition to that, SendGrid has proper Feedback loops set up, which allows us to scale our operations accordingly.

Cons

It can be difficult to really get the answers you need when you need them with send grid because their UI has so a lot of options within it and the Marketing Campaigns UI is not the best, in comparison to other ESPs.

Shikhil S.
Industry: Computer Software

Amazing product! Delivers emails right in the inbox

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

- Email sending
- Reliable delivery of emails
- Spam rate score calculations
- Automation of campaigns
- Integrations with other tools

Pros

We use SendGrid integrated with Mautic to send emails and email campaigns. We started to use SendGrid after MailChimp stopped it's free plan. We've been satisfied with the solution and the delivery rate offered is amazing. You get 12k free emails which is sufficient to start with. The APIs are easy to use and available for almost every task.

Cons

The dashboard UI could be better. Sometimes the color is so light that it is just difficult to read the back-end. But that's about it.

Nalu M.

Easy to use from a Customer Support perspective

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate. Many of our Customer Support Representatives have access to Sendgrid due to the ease of use. Sendgrid provides a lot of data that is helpful when investigating an issue related to email marketing.

Cons

There are some aspects of the service that you would assume should be included in your subscription, but you are required to pay for them (a-la-carte style) if you want to use them.

Raghuvar P.
Industry: Computer Software

Want to send Promotional Emails? for me Sendgrid is the best solution..

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

Pros

- The best thing I like about Sendgrid is Transactional Emails, I have sent plenty of promotional emails for my product.
- Template feature helps me a lot
- Very very easy to use and manage
- In the Dashboard, we can see the analytics of the mails sent. Analytics as in, Total requests, spams, how many emails are opened, and plenty more. This helps me to analyze and change our stratergy accordinlgy.
- High-grade deliverability, scalability, and reliability

Cons

- Documentation is poor, lots of issues on GitHub repo.
- Little expensive as compared to other competitors
- Customer support is not good, I had a technical issue and I mailed them regarding the issue. I got the reply but very late.

Industry: Computer Software

SendGrid is the best email delivery service

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

SendGrid helps lot when I have to send mails in bulk. And also when sending email from website it is very easy and reliable.

Pros

Mails are very easy to customize. There are many sendgrid templates available. So email campaigns can be generated easily. Email can be designed using drag and drop buttons, menus etc..Also sendgrid API is easy to use and example codes and tutorials makes it easy to send emails to users from website. And also emails to a list of users can be send just by few seconds. And the delivery details can be viewed from your sendgrid panel.

Cons

Dashboard UI could be better. It is little difficult to first get started and to be familiar with. But once you start sending emails it become easy.

Chris M.

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

Pros

Application that allows for the tracking of emails, sent at minute and large overview. You can see where emails were sent from your domain to specific domains, or even from a sub-domain.

Cons

The biggest concern is that email content is not tracked through SendGrid, and while not a huge issue when dealing with the large scope, this feature could increase its positivity.

Angélica C.

So easy and so affordable

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

Pros

SendGrid makes it easy to have emails delivered right to my user's inbox. There are already a ton of integrations available. The API itself is really easy to use.
I haven't gone a day without using it since I signed up.

Cons

Every time you change plans, you need to explain the upgrade. I know it's a security measure to avoid spammers, but it could take a little less longer.

Angelica C.
Industry: Internet

The best there is

Reviewed on 23/02/2019

I use it in my server to send all transactional mail, on my blogs. I have it all setup so I don't keep sending emails to people who have bounced.

Pros

It integrates with everything, it has the best pricing tier, it's easy to use. Perfection.

Cons

I think this is the only web service I use that I don't have any complaints about.

Mike G.

A Cheaper Alternative For Programmatic Emailing

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Pros

We use SendGrid instead of Pardot for emails that we generate in our platforms and then send out. In that regard, SendGrid is reliable.

Cons

Not a good platform if you're creating campaigns directly on the site. Also, they charge a lot of money if you want any sort of support.

Will E.
Industry: Internet

A really good email relay service

Reviewed on 21/01/2018

Pros

An easy way of delivering mail through a reputable, tracked cloud relay service. The ability to have multiple sub users with different quotas set for each. The pricing is really competitive.

Cons

The response on customer tickets hasn't been as fast as I'd expect, some tickets took days to get a response.

Scott R.

Solid email transport provider

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Great product and was our default mail provider for three years.

Pros

Getting set up and implementing Sendgrid has been easy to do, we've used it throughout all web apps that we build and it's been rock solid.

Cons

Every now and then there can be periods where mail is slow to be delivered.

Industry: Banking

Service for sending mail that gets it right

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

A service that just works once you've completed the setup. Highly recommend it.

Pros

SendGrid has great performance and features that will cover all your bases. It is simple and fast to set up and after that, just works.

Cons

There are many settings available but hard to navigate them all.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easiest and cheapest solution. Needs some advanced features.

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Until now SendGrid was one of the best tools I have used at work.

Pros

Easy to use, essential features available on cheapest plan.

Cons

The lack of templates. For me as a person who is not advanced with coding, having different templates would make my job easier

Mike L.
Industry: Publishing
Company size: Self Employed

SendGrid is great for ensuring your emails get delivered!

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

Ensures delivery of email to my customers using my property rental website.

Cons

Customer support use to be awesome. Use to be an awesome solution for small businesses. This has since been scaled back, and now focused more on helping medium to large businesses.