Mailjet

Andrew
Andrew
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

SMTP relay for all my emails

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

I use mailjet in daily work and keep in mind if one of the clients asks for advise or recommendation. Mailjet offers and provide so many working services and features that while one implements them there is no time to think about the shortcomings.

Pros

1. innovative technologies and features
2. the necessary functions that can be extended and / or scaled if necessary

• Industry: Fine Art
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

MailJet Email Software is Best for Experienced Marketers

Reviewed on 16/07/2023

The delivery of emails and the stats is very detailed is their strong point so you get the complete picture of your campaigns.

Pros

The system they use to send and deliver your emails is well done, but can get quite detailed. Keep in mind this is how your mails get a high deliverablility.

Cons

This softward is strongly designed for team colaboration, and the learning curve is quite high. I also tried to contact support and it took them a long time to get back to me, and then several exchanges by email to get my inquiry solved.

MailerLite, Sender, and Benchmark Email

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

I was going to buy email marketing from my website hosting service, but learned they used a white label of MailJet. So I went right to the source to ty the free option to see how I liked it. I didn't.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

Their marketing about how they get the emails deivered and how they are located in Europe appealed to me.
Richard
Richard

• Customer Support Software

Good overall... But, don't try to do too much too early.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Mailjet is very easy to setup as long as you have access to your domain DNS settings. I manage DNS through Amazon Route 53 so changes reflect quickly when I needed to verify DNS ownership. Once you confirm ownership, setting up email API is easy, and works instantaneously - as it should.

I started using Mailjet to send out server and website notifications. For this purpose it worked awesome. I had about 20 websites sending notifications out via MailJet and as long as the domain names were verified correctly it worked great. You'll run into problems if don't verify your domain so if you have issues check that first. Mailjet has an easy domain verification tool that will highlight any issues quickly.

For transactional emails and general emails from an email client MailJet worked fantastic - read the cons section for an area of trouble.

Cons

Since I had such good success using MailJet for our transactional needs, I started using MailJet a couple months ago to send out periodic marketing emails, it's a native feature within their dashboard so I thought it would be nice to consolidate email providers. Well, very quickly we ran into issues and they temporarily lowered my sending limits.

I was able to quickly provide them with the information they needed and they removed the sending limits after 7-days. From that experience, I limited our use of MailJet as a marketing platform, but recently used them again only to run into the exact same problem. But this time the issue was because of the volume of emails sent - not because of any bounce or SPAM notifications. The suspension this time resulted in a much more complicated process in demonstrating ownership over the list of email under my control.

I don't want to pick on MailJet too much on this subject of marketing emails; they position themselves as a transactional email platform, and for that, they're awesome. I only used MailJet for marketing purposes because they feature it in their dashboard and it's easy to use. But they seem far more strict in their email purposes than say MailChimp which seems to be setup more for marketing/newsletter type emails.

Karen

MailJEt Review

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Overall, my experience is positive. I wish there was a way to customize image padding (more than what's available, once it's been inputted in. Another function that can use some work would be the spacing between paragraphs. It would be nice to be able to create different spacing within the same text box without all of the text adapting to the same space size. Otherwise, uploading contact lists and creating email templates has been seamless.

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and pretty intuitive for first time users.

Cons

What I like least is you can't control the optimization of mobile design, that it'll automatically scale larger or smaller than a phone screen. You can't design for one platform (desktop) without considering how it'll appear on mobile, since it's not mobile optimized.

Brevo

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Dynamics had limitation in creating rich-media emails.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

MailJet had the most bang for your buck.
Katerina
Katerina

Mailjet facilitates product management

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

In general I like Mailjet. You set up it once and you forget about it because you know that it is running like clockwork. I always recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Mailjet is quite easy to set up and use. The latest improvements that were implemented this year make the creation of nice looking emails for different platforms very convenient. User-friendly, colorful and intuitively understandable.

Cons

The most irritating thing about Mailjet is when the account is blocked for some reason and you message to the support they just say "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security rules. We unblock your account". They never say what exactly is incorrect with the domain despite the fact that it could help their customer to improve his domain security or change the hosting. Or as another example, when you have just created your account, you may get the message "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security flags. We cannot allow you to use our system." No any other clarification what exactly their security system didn't like. And you have to go to their competitors.

Francois Pascal
Francois Pascal

• Customer Support Software

This is the best emailing software I've used to date.

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Pros

Editing, managing and setting up automatic mailings is easy to implement. Even list management is easy to set up.

Cons

There are a few bugs from time to time, but nothing serious.

Sarah
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Mail In A Hurry!

Reviewed on 17/08/2023

Pros

There is an extensive and wide variety of email templates that allow you to send and receive emails based around marketing campaigns and/or automated messages, I love that it allows you to add and remove people to the structure of your math emails. Also, you can lock the email itself and only allow certain permissions to certain people so it gives each person a role that you give access via the mail jet system

Cons

This is definitely a more fifth Decatur set up, this will work excellent with B2b but it’s not self owned start-up business focused.

Stephen
Stephen
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

• Customer Support Software

Mailjet works very well as an SMTP service

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Sending large amounts of email from our ecommerce website, both of a transactional and marketing nature, is hard. Mailjet helps make this easier, and helps get our emails to our customers, and consistently offers excellent advice and functionality for making this work better both for us and for our customers.

Pros

The Customer Support is excellent. They are very proactive about identifying delivery issues, and are often introducing new features.

Cons

I wish it kept logs longer to help troubleshoot issues after they have happened.

Rahul
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Quality review of Mailjet

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

Pros

- Easy to deploy Transactional Emails- Also saved section are more in control.- Quickly update linked section to apply in all concerned mails.

Cons

- Sending history management is bit complex to solve issues. as It's not easily identifiable for concerned campaigns

Nicolas

Great affordable emailing software

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Pros

The price is definitely very cheap for the value.

Cons

The app is sometimes buggy and it can lead to frustration especially when you build transactional templates with lots of variables.

Hamza
  • Industry: Publishing

Alternative of Mailgun

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Pros

Basically both the company name comes under same firm but having lots of different, if you use mailgun in free trial the deliverability comes to 100% but if you purchase then ratio will be different, however, the same does not happens mailjet, seriously i am using this service with multiple accounts and getting same ratio with it, the good thing is that you can save the template in the panel and modified to get better deliverability . Secondly they providing their own unsubscribe link which help us that there system identified the email address of unsubscribe and removed automatically

Cons

One of the cons is to adding payment method every month,as in India RBI has change the policy for online payment

• Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

A very basic service that is seriously lacking in terms of marketing

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

To be honest, I used to own the most advanced autoresponder service on the market. It was designed around marketers' needs and did its job to perfection. I sold the company a few years ago and have been operating manually ever since. This is not a good way to run an online business so I searched for an affordable email marketing service and was recommended to try Mailjet.

I even had someone from our local chamber of commerce come to the company to show me how to set it up. That alone should speak volumes about its user unfriendliness because if someone who had developed similar software couldn't understand it, what chance does the common man have?

The fact that they refuse questions from potential customers has to be the icing on the cake. I mean, can you imagine walking into a store and asking a salesman a question about an item you are interested in purchasing, only to receive the reply "Sorry but we only accept questions from existing customers."? It is a shame because I would happily work with them to take their product to an entirely new level.

As things stand, their system is overly complicated and unnecessarily so. It doesn't cost much because it doesn't offer very much.

Pros

When compared to competing services, its pricing is quite competitive.

Cons

The interface is far from intuitive, especially if you have used other services in the past.
Much of it does not work as it is supposed to. You can waste a lot of time repeating actions until the system finally reacts.
Server response is incredibly slow.
Most of the most important functions needed to use the system for marketing purposes are missing.
As a potential customer trying the software with a view to becoming a permanent user, you may not contact support. They literally refuse all questions from potential customers!

Response from Sinch

Hello, we are very sorry to hear that you had trouble reaching us. If you need to contact us in the future, you can write to us at [email protected]. We remain open to all comments and we'd be happy to assist you. Best, the Mailjet team.

Pashminu
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good value for money

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Overall, I am very much glad to have a pocket friendly marking too.

Overall, I am very much glad to have a pocket friendly marking too.

Pros

It is easy to get started with all the options and the best feature is to schedule the emailers. Also, the reports are good enough for normal email marketing.

Cons

There should be a feature to show the click heat map, that would be helpful is getting better insights on writing the emailer content and links etc.

Mailchimp

It was too expensive

Mailchimp

Cost factor above all.
Simone

• Customer Support Software

Mailjet: our choice for transactional emails

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Mailjet helps us delivering hundreds of transtactional and confirmation emails connected to our web projects. It never fails. One of the most reliable providers I have ever met in my career.

Pros

Mailjet offer various plans based on the size of your projects (there is even a fully functional free one for very small projects). It is very easy to set up, it gives you a lot of different choices to setup domain authentication (preventing your emails to become spam). No frills, everything in its right place and always working.
The interface is very clear in order to communicate to developers which data they should use to integrate their software with mailjet email service, and what to do to avoid black listing, spam, etcetera

Cons

Sometimes their service for automatic detection of domain owners is blocked by firewalls. Thus you need to be able to edit your domain's DNS setting to authenticate the sender.

Paul

• Customer Support Software

We've had multiple problems with Mailjet cutting us off or going down but like the ability to...

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

Ability to search by email address to see the list of emails sent. What's great is that it shows the email subject and status so you can show what was sent, when and when it was delivered.

The hooks are ok

Cons

Very manual process to get someone unblocked and can be slow.

If they are blocked, you still get charged for the email. The email doesn't get queued, so it's lost...

We've also had a problem with our server config so that it sent thousands of email requests to an email address that didn't exist (the mx record didn't even exist!!). We didn't receive an alert of this and got charged hundreds of pounds.

We note that with SendGrid we can just click a button to unblock someone. Saves so much time and makes our clients happy. We're considering swapping to be honest; but they don't show the email subject

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

So horrible I had to create an account here just to write a review!

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Pros

The design / looks were the only positive that I could take. While the product is extremely irritating due to the limited functionality and horrible product thinking, the UI/UX designers have done a good job.

Cons

Oh, so much. Here are a few things that it falls short in when compared to other mass emailers:1. Contacts management: You have very limited options in the way you want to upload / edit contacts. The multi-editing options are a joke, and there is no way you can send emails to some contacts in a list instead of all. Also, even to remove a contact from a list, you need to upload a freaking CSV file! I mean, did they never use their own product after creating it?2. The campaign editing options are extremely limited even in a paid version. Glad that I never paid them a buck.3. Creating contact properties is a big pain due to the functionality.4. Their email templates are a joke.5. Extremely limited options when designing emails.

amit

This Is Good For begineers

Reviewed on 17/07/2022

Pros

The service is good but they block accounts without intimation even we use list cleaning techniques so critical to recover accounts

Cons

Pricing is little high and application
Layout is little critical.Some functions doesn't work on slow internet

Support levels unacceptable

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Support is non-existent when it is required. Getting locked out an account leaves nowhere for contact or account resolution.

If your business is depending on such a service, my recommendation it to go elsewhere .

Pros

When Mailjet it working, it works to an acceptable level.

Cons

The support is of the lowest standard possible. We have been left high and dry multiple times now. There is zero care factor about resolution and response times are shocking. We spend several thousands per annum and have implemented customers directly with Mailjet also, but is still not of interest to Mailjet.

Prathiksha

• Customer Support Software

Amazing and powerful email marketing tool!

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

With Mailjet email marketing has become very easy for us. The newsletter editor is amazing and helps us build the best ones for our prospects. We are able to track and observe our clients which helps us reach them in a better way. It has also reduced our spam rates. Maintaining contact lists has never been easier. Overall a great experience with the platform.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and I can build email campaigns quickly and efficiently. It allows multiple team members collaborate which makes it convenient. It's drag and drop feature helps make the email templates better to work with. One of the best feature is that we can track and monitor all the emails sent.

Cons

The platform lacks email templates options which could be increased. The pricing is a little expensive compared to other platforms, but the free plan also works pretty good.

Nessma
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Good value for money

Reviewed on 03/07/2023

Mailjet is a good value for money if you're on a budget. It's relatively cheaper than other providers. It offers basic features for an email marketing service. But if you'd like features like automation, testing, templates and usable statistics, you'll the need the premium package which is triple the price.

Pros

The free tier Mailjet offers comes with 200 emails/day, 6000 emails/month. When you upgrade to the essential package, you get up to 50k emails and features like segmentation and email verification for $35/month (10% discount annually.) It's a good value for money if that's what you're looking for.

Cons

Free tier doesn't give you enough features to try to determine if this is the right email marketing service for you. You'll eventually have to get at least the essential package to get a full view of what they have to offer.

Anant
Anant

• Customer Support Software

One stop for your email marketing needs - MailJet!

Reviewed on 17/05/2020

We needed a marketing email service as we already had a transactional email service with us. MailJet fulfilled our needs and we cam on board with a paid plan soon later and haven't looked back.

Pros

One of the first services we found when we searched on Google was Mailjet.
- It super easy sign up. Just fill a form and verify your email..
- There is a very short approval interval time, you can upload your list and then start sending right away.
- Approval is after you sent the first of your mails, so you get a lot of time to test everything and check where your emails end up and when.
- Full suite to design emails right on the website.
- Simple email design and all options right on your dashboard.
- Link and verify your domain to use to send emails.
- Per 1000 emails rate is lesser than competition.

Cons

- Some of our early accounts were suspended due to some list verification stuff. If needed, that should have been done before we started campaigns so that there were no interruptions.
- Emails get bounced sometimes even when the recipient address exists.
- Some emails still went directly to spam, so that should not happen.

atul
atul

• Customer Support Software

I have been using Mailjet since long and haven't found anything better than Mailjet, truly...

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

I am in network marketing and this software helped me a lot On daily basis I updates my contacts regarding my new projects without any hassle.Great software ,Keep it up MailJet. Thanks

Pros

I love the the easy n smooth mail sending quality of this software the most but rest of functions and services also awesome like customer support ,Templates,SMTP etc.

Response from Sinch

Hey Atul,
we are glad to hear you are happy with our service! Thank you for taking time to leave a review.

Have a nice day!
The Mailjet Crew

Luka

• Customer Support Software

Nothing to add. The level of service and reliability is unparalleled.

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, user friendly experience, statistics and its exporting. In 5 years of use, not one problem.

Cons

Sometimes the user interface is a bit sluggish, but i don't know, it might be a browser problem, because most of the times it runs without a problem.

Response from Sinch

Hello,
thank you Luka for leaving us a review! We are glad you are happy with your experience on Mailjet for 5 years now :)

Thanks again and have a good week!
The Mailjet Crew

Jack
  • Industry: Machinery

• Customer Support Software

They have no support at all.

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

I raised a ticket #1312623. It’s been four days and they won’t reply.

So I raised another ticket...

I raised a ticket #1312623. It’s been four days and they won’t reply.

So I raised another ticket for asking why they are not replying. The issue was quite urgent. Then in a very short time, I saw the ticket was closed.

So they have time to close my ticket, but they don’t have time or they don’t want to reply to a ticket. Very interesting.

Their attitude of doing nothing is the worst and the rudest I’ve ever seen in my years of working with several email service companies.

And I see that they blame this to the pandemic. But many other good companies, they are not doing this. Your problem is your problem, don’t try to blame someone else.

So, please DO NOT buy it, consider others.

Pros

Cheap in price. Normal dashboard. Kind of easy to use.

Cons

The support center is a joke. Once you paid, you get no one support.

Response from Sinch

Hi Jack, We're sorry for the delay in our response. We have responded to your ticket and it is ready for your review. We strive for a fanatical support experience and if you would like to provide additional feedback about your experience please email us at [email protected].

Steven

Faultless Service

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

It's a solid relay service which I can wholeheartedly recommend.

It's a solid relay service which I can wholeheartedly recommend.

Pros

It's an excellent mail service that I've had zero problems with. No outages, nothing. Which means I have no headache in trying to get something to work or maintain it.

Cons

Nothing, I honestly can't think of anything other than it's not free, but I pay a pittance for what I do get to use, which I can't complain about because it's so well priced.