Mailjet

Simon
  • Industry: Food Production

Ecommerce and Mailjet

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Pros

As we have to be sure that all the mails from our store goes to our customers, we did search for an easy solution. Mailjet is easy to configure and very stable. It was very easy to connect Mailjet with our Storesoftware.
In I think 4 Years of using Mailjet we had to contact the support 1 time, they did help us very well.

Cons

Okay the backend is sometimes a bit confusing and have to click arround to find the things you are looking for

Hamza
  • Industry: Publishing

Alternative of Mailgun

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Pros

Basically both the company name comes under same firm but having lots of different, if you use mailgun in free trial the deliverability comes to 100% but if you purchase then ratio will be different, however, the same does not happens mailjet, seriously i am using this service with multiple accounts and getting same ratio with it, the good thing is that you can save the template in the panel and modified to get better deliverability . Secondly they providing their own unsubscribe link which help us that there system identified the email address of unsubscribe and removed automatically

Cons

One of the cons is to adding payment method every month,as in India RBI has change the policy for online payment

Richard

• Customer Support Software

Good overall... But, don't try to do too much too early.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Mailjet is very easy to setup as long as you have access to your domain DNS settings. I manage DNS through Amazon Route 53 so changes reflect quickly when I needed to verify DNS ownership. Once you confirm ownership, setting up email API is easy, and works instantaneously - as it should.

I started using Mailjet to send out server and website notifications. For this purpose it worked awesome. I had about 20 websites sending notifications out via MailJet and as long as the domain names were verified correctly it worked great. You'll run into problems if don't verify your domain so if you have issues check that first. Mailjet has an easy domain verification tool that will highlight any issues quickly.

For transactional emails and general emails from an email client MailJet worked fantastic - read the cons section for an area of trouble.

Cons

Since I had such good success using MailJet for our transactional needs, I started using MailJet a couple months ago to send out periodic marketing emails, it's a native feature within their dashboard so I thought it would be nice to consolidate email providers. Well, very quickly we ran into issues and they temporarily lowered my sending limits.

I was able to quickly provide them with the information they needed and they removed the sending limits after 7-days. From that experience, I limited our use of MailJet as a marketing platform, but recently used them again only to run into the exact same problem. But this time the issue was because of the volume of emails sent - not because of any bounce or SPAM notifications. The suspension this time resulted in a much more complicated process in demonstrating ownership over the list of email under my control.

I don't want to pick on MailJet too much on this subject of marketing emails; they position themselves as a transactional email platform, and for that, they're awesome. I only used MailJet for marketing purposes because they feature it in their dashboard and it's easy to use. But they seem far more strict in their email purposes than say MailChimp which seems to be setup more for marketing/newsletter type emails.

Arika
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

A budget tool with limited features

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Mailjet is a platform for startups and smaller companies that cannot afford expensive marketing automation tools. Mailjet offers a decent number of service at a pocket friendly pricing plans.

Pros

1. Has multiple plans to suit companies with lower budget2. Helps you verify email address of leads before broadcasting emails3. You can also do A/B testing using Mailjet

Cons

1. Live chat feature is missing. So you cannot get instant solution for your problems2. Email auto-response fails at time

Katerina

Mailjet facilitates product management

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

In general I like Mailjet. You set up it once and you forget about it because you know that it is running like clockwork. I always recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Mailjet is quite easy to set up and use. The latest improvements that were implemented this year make the creation of nice looking emails for different platforms very convenient. User-friendly, colorful and intuitively understandable.

Cons

The most irritating thing about Mailjet is when the account is blocked for some reason and you message to the support they just say "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security rules. We unblock your account". They never say what exactly is incorrect with the domain despite the fact that it could help their customer to improve his domain security or change the hosting. Or as another example, when you have just created your account, you may get the message "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security flags. We cannot allow you to use our system." No any other clarification what exactly their security system didn't like. And you have to go to their competitors.

Sibiry

Mailjet review

Reviewed on 21/11/2022

Pros

I really like the ease of use of this software, it is very simple to understand the basics. The pro server is good with a very high delivery rate

Cons

Customer service sometimes does not respond to emails and this is a disadvantage on their part.

• Industry: Accounting Software

Great Email Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Pros

It offers an easy-to-use email builder feature to create aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly emails. The best feature is their email delivery service, which allows you to send campaigns and upload unlimited contacts. Also, the email list can be segmented and automated to make it more hygienic.

Cons

The platform's limited selection of templates could use some expansion.

Serge
  • Industry: Media Production

Mailjet review

Reviewed on 27/11/2022

Pros

The software is really very useful for creating emailing campaigns. Easy import of contact lists

Cons

Customer service does not answer calls, apart from that I find the software excellent

Jose J
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Powerful Email Marketing Tool for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 27/11/2022

I have been using Mailjet to help my clients since quite a bit. My overall experience with Mailjet has been great.

Pros

I like that Mailjet is very simple to use. It has a clean interface, great documentation, beautiful email templates, and we can create our custom email templates as well.

Cons

There is no cons. There is nothing wrong I can think of, and I believe Mailjet team is doing a great job with their platform.

Vishal

Best tool for Email Marketers

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

You can manage multiple email campaigns here. It will definitely helps you to grow your business rapidly. To can use their pre-made templates for your email campaigns.

Pros

Mailjet is one of the best tool for Email Management. You can customize and send emails to your clients or users. User can track each email activity that they have sent for business growth.

Cons

Not for the beginners, you must need to learn about email marketing before using this software.

Mary Ellen

Solid Product, Workflow/Automation still needs some work

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

The platform has gotten much better over the years. We have the bronze subscription and for the price it is really worth it.

Pros

The ability to design your own emails from a template or simply drop in HTML has been great for our company. The email builder is pretty easy to use and emails look decent across all mobile and desktop platforms.

Cons

We started using the workflow/automation feature when it was in its beta phase. We needed to be able to add a user into a contact list and then have emails sent automatically. Creating a workflow is incredibly tedious. I had all the emails I already wanted to use from when I previously had to manually send them to contact lists each day. But for some reason mailjet wouldn't let me use emails from my campaigns in the workflow. I had to recreate every single email as a template in the workflow/automation section to be able to add it to a new workflow. I was able to just copy and paste the HTML, but it was still such a time consuming process. If I could just drag and drop already used campaign emails into a workflow that would make so much more sense.

Outstanding Mailing Management Software

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Pros

MailJet is extremely easy to use and makes the process of generating mailings extremely simple. The UI for generating mailings is intuitive and simple, yet powerful and able to accomodate pretty much anything you'd want to put into an email. I use it generally for doing newsletters to a large group of about 5,000 subscribers.

The overall interface for managing Contacts lists and Campaigns is well done and understandable. Adding and removing subscribers from Contact lists is fairly straightforward and mostly great.

On the rare occasions when I've needed support, they've always been extremely fast and knowledge-able, and solved the issue in short order.

Cons

Three things about Contact lists are a bit annoying:
1) There doesn't seem to be any way to automatically remove Unsubscribed Contacts: you have to download them manually, then upload them to remove them.
2) Same thing with Bounced or other Contacts that you discover from the post-Campaign analysis: there's no button to say "Remove these from my Contact List": you must download them, then remove them through the removal interface
3) Errors from uploading new Contacts is a little clunky when there are errors: again it generates a file that you have to download and look at separately. For most errors (duplicate address, typos, invalid format, etc) in the little uploads that I do as part of expanding the list, I'd just like to see the darned things immediately on the screen so that I could either ignore them (i.e. dups) or fix them (typos & invalid format). Only if the errors go beyond some threshold (say more than 10, and it could be user-settable), should it do the file-generate-and-download thing.

Simone

• Customer Support Software

Mailjet: our choice for transactional emails

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Mailjet helps us delivering hundreds of transtactional and confirmation emails connected to our web projects. It never fails. One of the most reliable providers I have ever met in my career.

Pros

Mailjet offer various plans based on the size of your projects (there is even a fully functional free one for very small projects). It is very easy to set up, it gives you a lot of different choices to setup domain authentication (preventing your emails to become spam). No frills, everything in its right place and always working.
The interface is very clear in order to communicate to developers which data they should use to integrate their software with mailjet email service, and what to do to avoid black listing, spam, etcetera

Cons

Sometimes their service for automatic detection of domain owners is blocked by firewalls. Thus you need to be able to edit your domain's DNS setting to authenticate the sender.

Lucas
  • Industry: Design

Of all the ESPs I use, I tend to prefer MailJet for nearly everything

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

The number-one unique feature that Mailjet provides is MJML with a drag-and-drop builder. Hands-down the best way to roll out anything from an MVP email for testing to a full-fledged transactional messaging system. The close integration of the Builder with the Send API to dynamically populate the messages is AWESOME! Separating code and design is definitely a goal that this can help you achieve.

I love being able to send through SMTP. It's a huge plus for managed WordPress hosting environments where it's impractical to run a mail server. I also really appreciate the Mail Parse API, which allows me to focus on processing inbound emails via webhook and JSON -- no messy content or attachment handling.

The freemium setup, as of early 2019, is sufficient to run small operations for $0, and then the entry-level paid plan is such a good value after you outgrow the free level. I recommend Mailjet to all my clients who need mail sending or receipt/processing.

Pros

Freemium pricing structure
Good value for entry-level paid plan
MJML WYSIWYG Builder
Data-merge into stored templates
Email address shortcut to send to entire mailing list

Cons

There seems to be some question about the definition of a transactional message. My client's emails that resulted from visitors filling a form (a transaction, I would say) were blocked based on content filters and the support team didn't have a really good answer as to why, other than quoting their policy that the service is for sending bulk or transactional messages only. This issue may have been cleared up in the meantime.

amit

This Is Good For begineers

Reviewed on 17/07/2022

Pros

The service is good but they block accounts without intimation even we use list cleaning techniques so critical to recover accounts

Cons

Pricing is little high and application
Layout is little critical.Some functions doesn't work on slow internet

Jen
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

MailJet better than Most

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Overall, it changed my life for the better. I have a newsletter that I send out to almost 5,000 weekly. Mailjet has earned me new business, makes it EASY to create my newsletter. I haven't mastered segmentation yet, but, out of all the other platforms. Mailjet took me to a higher level with better "reach". I would recommend this to anyone that truly wants to increase their marketing exposure.

Pros

For me, mailjet came in right on time. I had tried Mailchimp, Sendgrid and a few others. I like that you can do more in a quick period of time. The "template maker" is relatively easy to use, to those that are familiar with making on line newsletters. If this is our first time to this rodeo, it will have a slight learning curve, but nothing that will take you out the game. I like that you can add MANY MORE subscribers for a lot less money than the other places

Cons

I HATE the "Subscription Boxes", they are NOT user friendly, and you can only do HTML. Someone needs to do these over. They are kinda sucky. Just the entire "subscriber addition" platform needs a do over

Jules

• Customer Support Software

Professional tool - value for money

Reviewed on 25/04/2017

Pros

The website gives me the correct information to set up the connection.
Good support service when neaded.
Fast and reliable.
Usefull statistics and reports to download.

Cons

Blocked emails are not always easy to detect what the real reason is.
Sometimes mailjet blocks the email address themselves.
Sometimes the reason is the owner of the email adress, etc.
Not easy to unblock the address that is blocked by mailjet.
There is no control on that, as far as i know.

William

frogdog.io loves mailjet!

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Mailjet is our go to solution for deploying emails from webforms. We use mailjet on almost every website we do for our clients who can't or won't provide their own SMTP solution.

Pros

Free! At least for our limited use case.
Simple to setup and confirm new domains or addresses.
Can manage multiple clients' needs through a single mailjet account.

Cons

The limitations on the free-tier account are fairly low (200/day), but its free so its hard to complain.

Steven

Faultless Service

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

It's a solid relay service which I can wholeheartedly recommend.

Pros

It's an excellent mail service that I've had zero problems with. No outages, nothing. Which means I have no headache in trying to get something to work or maintain it.

Cons

Nothing, I honestly can't think of anything other than it's not free, but I pay a pittance for what I do get to use, which I can't complain about because it's so well priced.

Marko
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Mailjet for hosting company

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

We are using mailjet services for years, we are hosting company so we send big ammounts of mails, before we started using mailjet, our mails went to spam, and we have been oftenly listed in spamhaus dbl, but since using mailjet, we do not have that problem, and our mail score is now good.

Pros

Its easy to use, simple, and cheap for ammount of mail they offer.

Cons

I couldnt find option to read sent mail (to see mail content).

AYSEN
  • Industry: Human Resources

Opinions of Yapi Kurumsal Academy

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Pros

Reporting is user friendly, I could get online help when needed

Cons

I would like to have more ready to use templates, I want to create better looking ads using this app.

Rewind

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Mails were going to junk
Francesco

Powerful and easy

Reviewed on 08/01/2018

Pros

High deliverability, good configuration options, good account management interface, very good support.

Cons

Some unexpected blocked emails recently, apparently with no reason; not so easy browsing details of the stats.

Response from Mailjet

Hello Francesco,
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are happy you like your experience with us.
Have a nice day!
The Mailjet Crew

Dr. Greg

Their Customer Service is the worst

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

The problem I have with Mailjet is that I sent them $50 from Paypal, which they accept. It never appeared on my account and they say they never received it, despite my giving them all of the transaction details. They refuse to acknowledge the payment or give me a refund. Their customer service was slow, demeaning, and utterly useless. How does the "accounting team" not find a transaction after giving them every last detail of the transaction? I wonder if they are actually malicious?

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and use, Cheap

Cons

Strictly transactional and they shut down my account immediately (which is fine as I am new to this, but they should have made that clearer as I signed up), horrible customer service

Response from Mailjet

Hello, we understand your frustration and we are here to help. Looking into your account further, it is clear that we never received the $50 deposit you are referencing. It should be possible for you to request a charge back from PayPal, and if you need our support confirming this error, please let us know in the support ticket. Again, we apologize for any delay and we want to help with fixing the situation. Best, the Mailjet team.

• Customer Support Software

Stop using unregistered email servers

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Mailjet solves the problem presented by scripting your unregistered email sends. Many mail clients treat unregistered email as spam.

Pros

The API is simple, clear and well documented.

Cons

I only use the API for use as a mail server to send email from websites. There is nothing I don't like about it.

positive experience

Reviewed on 04/12/2017

deliverability for your emails

Pros

it works! even free version is full of features needed by a small online business to run smoothly the every day e-mail needs.

Cons

the user interface can be a little bit better, but this is not so important, after all the perfect software does not exist