monday marketer

4.3/5
Customer Support Software

Ralph
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Project management and organization for the rest of us.

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

We have tried MANY project management platforms and for us to select monday.com says a lot about the product. We have a varied group of individuals within our marketing department using this tools to coordinate everything from our detailed printing requests, web and online projects to translation flow (very difficult to manage due to the many contributors involved in this process.) Monday.com makes all of this convenient and easy to follow.

Pros

Its incredibly easy to create a work flow or "Board", add participants and follow the progress of many tasks with ease. We can attach any supporting files or materials needed to each post and tag a specific user. Email and desktop notifications alert you on any activity and there is a web based site you can go to or the even better desktop and mobile app versions.

Cons

One of the few cons i can think of is the absence of a "repeating or scheduled task". I know there are ways around this but it seems like something that should be native to it.

Azendoo

Reasons for Choosing monday marketer

I believe it was mostly a pricing issue at the time but once we used monday we liked it better.

Azendoo

Pricing and features.
Matt

Can’t work without it

Reviewed on 22/02/2022

Pros

Such a simple way to keep complex projects and tasks organised. Visual and UX components are so well thought out. Super easy to setup new boards using templates to cover just about every conceivable work scenario.

Cons

To get the full benefit of automations you need to take a higher plan. Be good to have some automations on the lower plans. The thing is you dont know how much you need them until you have them in place in a trial and then your trial ends 😉

Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday marketer

I’ve used Monday since it was depulse and every time I have to use trello or Asana I have to stop the company I’m with use of and convert them to Monday. Hands down the best option out there
Brendon
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Complex or complete?

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Clever marketing brought us here, and so far the depth of the product has lived up to the hype. Monday's development is moving a good direction - if they can wean users off of email they might help me get more team buy-in.

All said, if you have a strong, vocal PM that won't accept any deliverables that didn't go through the software, this may be all that is required.

Pros

We chose this for the depth of the product, the vision of the company, and the support system. I am quite happy with the product for the time being - options, configurations and communication tools abound, and the different ways of visualizing project data are extremely helpful and open our company to opportunities.

Cons

I have used an immense variety of project management software in my time, and all bring something to the table. Monday brings everything to the table, but the table gets too full. The sheer complexity of the offerings has kept many of my users away, and often I am in the position where I am attempting to rope members back into the software in order to not have to duplicate my reporting. Intimidated by the product, they fall back to inundating the team with email. I don't quite have a picture of how I can fully build out dozens of client folders, each with 10+ boards, each board with 4-5 groups of 1-+ "pulses" each, without anything falling through the cracks, and still knowing that progress is being made. This may be an educational thing on my part.

Avaza, Trello, and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday marketer

We chose it for the depth, and the spreadsheet-style pulses.
Damien

If well configured and maintained, the perfect companion to manage your projects

Reviewed on 26/03/2022

Pros

Monday.com has so much customization and integrations available that it covers all the need of a project manager. I've used it as a Marketing Manager and now as a Product Manager and even if the needs are different, the ease with which one can customize the dashboards makes it an ideal application. Integrated into a team, monday.com shows all its usefulness with the possibility of assigning tasks and thus managing all business activity.

Cons

For this kind of application with many features, the administrator must make sure to set up a configuration that suits the whole team and also raise awareness so that the team keeps the application up to date.

• Industry: Wholesale

Helped organize our team

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

We often have many different projects going at one time, helped us to track progress while eliminating email traffic or constant checking up.

Pros

We now have the ability to add multiple project types into one single software with the ability to change formats by project. Other software systems give you one unique format/template to use.

Cons

The packages can be expensive as you add in more users, causing us to need to minimize the team members allowed.

Freedcamp, Microsoft Project, and nTask

Reasons for Switching to monday marketer

Seemed to offer a solution that best met our needs.

Response from monday

Hey there - thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad monday.com has been able to help you organize all of your projects in one place. We hear you regarding our pricing. We are always reevaluating our approach to ensure we're competitive in the market.

Lauren
  • Industry: Farming

• Customer Support Software

Easy to Use and Looks Nice Too!

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

We needed to be able to keep track of our design projects as they enter the system all the way to being sold. This software works like a dream. Almost like it was made just for us.

Pros

We like the ease of use. The drag and drop features are really nice. It also easily allows us to filter information and export it to Excel.

Cons

Very minor things. Like being able to color drop down options.

GanttProject and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to monday marketer

We chose Monday.com over other products because of the ease of use, the cost, and the very helpful customer service.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

monday.com review

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

With monday.com we have been able to keep our most updated logos, artwork, and brand descriptions in one place where it is easy to get to and everyone knows where it's located. It has been a real time-saver.

Pros

Our team uses monday.com to help keep track of the many projects we're working on for different divisions & departments within our company. It helps us keep track of where we are with each project and we can keep notes on everything. They are steadily coming out with new features - many of them have been helpful to us.

Cons

It was a little confusing at first. We had some overlapping boards but after a few months, I think we've gotten that all fixed.

" monday.com review "

Reviewed on 13/04/2022

monday.com is a very helpful tool from the first day I'm using it. My overall experience with this tool is great. Customer support is very high quality. This is a totally worthy and reliable product.

Pros

. It is very easy to use, which makes it user friendly
. A very high-quality customer care services
. Helps organization to digitally and more efficiently
. A very well customized dashboard
. Delegate people in charge of the task and assign a deadline with just a click
. Search function useful to find a certain item

Cons

As monday.com is providing a lot of features so I will not say I dislike this product.

Katie
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

Worth it if you use it well

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

I've really enjoyed using Monday.com for all my business needs!

Pros

I really like the layouts of boards and using them to track project, event, task, and time management. I use it both in my professional and personal spheres.

Cons

Customer support has been hit or miss. Plus, on the Mac's desktop version, there are all kinds of bugs. It also doesn't refresh well.

• Customer Support Software

Critical tool for campaign management

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Pros

We use it to monitor all our campaign objectives and performance

Cons

There is a learning curve to make the most of the tool. I think some instructive videos could help to do this faster.

Karen
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Software, Easy To Use & Great Value for Money

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Overall, Monday is a great tool to manage workload, projects, and keep people working together in a collaborative space. I would highly recommend this product to others if they are looking for an inexpensive, easy to use tool that is easy to implement. However, just beware, you will need to have an idea of how you want to use this tool otherwise the features may be too plentiful and not explained well enough to help out a user who is just looking for ideas.

Pros

Monday is a tool that my team uses daily to manage our workload. We're a Lean culture and use pull plans to tackle many large scale projects. Monday works really well for not only putting these pull plans together, but allowing for external users to view the workspace without having to purchase a license as well as enabling a dashboard that shows the workload across multiple workspaces/pull plans.

Cons

You're left to your own devices to figure a lot of the features out yourself. For the most part this is fine, but it can get frustrating when certain features and views were not always working the way I expected them to. For example, I created a dashboard to show all due dates according to the week. However, some dates just simply didn't populate if they were 3-4 weeks out. Instead they showed as "No date". I read the community forums, asked questions and tried everything I could, but in the end wasn't able to figure out why this was happening. I really wish their support team was more accessible. If I can't figure out what I'm trying to do I feel like I have no course of action other than to just scrap it and try something else.

Microsoft 365, Wrike, and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday marketer

Wrike was an ok tool for what we were trying to do, but seemed a bit more cumbersome to use and set-up our pull plans, which require a milestone, objectives and tactical plans.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to monday marketer

Monday seemed like a tool that could allow for multiple workspaces, creation of templates and was a tool that was not only easy to manage my team with, but was also able to give me the visibility I needed into what my team was working on without a lot of hassle to implement.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Monday.com Review

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Over all my experience with Monday was a 50/50 split some things I loved and some things were lacking in functionality for what we needed. Overall I didn't hate it. At the end of the day it just wasn't what we needed to be productive. I think for other users who are using it for design, and business marketing it would be a phenomenal program and the price is very affordable even if you are a small company. Monday might be what you need to get your productivity up to become an even bigger company.

Pros

I liked how Monday.com allows for easy collaboration with team members. It does take some getting used to for me it was easy to get used to because I am more of a computer person and have had many different experiences with a lot of different programs. Everyone else on my team is the complete opposite, however because of Monday.com's modern website design people were able to grasp it because the design is easy on the eyes if that makes sense. It is almost like an easy/drag and drop version of excel. Aside from the design I did love that there were different calendar views like Kanban view and the map view especially. The other things I loved was the forms integration, which made it easy to transfer our clients over from one program to another. As they came in they filled out the short form and were integrated into the calendar pretty easily. Lastly I loved the status column. I was going to use it to check in clients. Red for when they arrived to their appointments, Yellow for when they were waiting and Green for when they were done and waiting on their transportation back home.

Cons

There were a couple of things that I did not like, which made us only use Monday for a short period of time. For one we are a mental health therapy center and we do A LOT of scheduling. While there is a template to schedule clients. It is more so for a few clients and not hundreds. We have multiple therapists and may want to view their appointments sometimes together and sometimes separately and Monday started to get somewhat bulky when trying to do this. We tried doing multiple boards for each therapist and then we tried doing each board as a day of the week and in the end we had too many boards and it was still and either you view this person or that person but not both. On top of that we also schedule activities with clients and that would have been a whole separate view as well. The last thing that we needed was to make recurring appointments for clients that are seen every Tuesday or for ones that are seen every other Thursday etc. This task was extremely bulky and involved using a 3rd party service.

Alexandre
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Good management software

Reviewed on 21/05/2022

It has been a nice experience so I would recommend the users to try it out

Pros

I love the fact Monday Marketer can integrate with Slack so it helps the data of the company to be updated very quickly. Thus the data monitoring of our tasks and projects are viewed and analyzed through beautiful templates and charts, which turned our business into another level of reconnaissance.

Cons

Some coworkers told me that the layout for smartphones has some pitfalls in visualizing tables. I would like to see in this app a log file where I can follow the updates for internal reasons.

Smartsheet

Airtable and Loomly

Always On

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

This software can help you organize everything from your marketing plan to your comic book collection; if you can think of a way to organize data, milestones, or responsible parties - Monday.com can do it!

Pros

-Only limited by your imagination
-World Class customer service and development team
-Intuitive user interface
-Powerful data manipulation and exporting tools

Cons

-The learning curve can be a little overwhelming
-New features come out so quick that sometimes there isn't time to adjust to the old ones!
-The mobile app can be a little clunky and does not utilize all the features of the desktop/web app

Airtable and Slack

Airtable

User interface!
Zachary
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

We finally know what we are doing!

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

We have finally moved away from traditional meeting and calendar invites that remind us to complete a task. It was so complicated before Monday.com. But now, we know what our new requests are, what the status is for that request, and who is assigned to said request. No more guessing or confusion.

Pros

Monday.com has helped us log, categorize, and time each of our tasks and projects. The managers are able to have a high-level view of how progress is going, while the team can see the daily details of each and every task. The layout is fun, colorful, and most importantly clean.

Cons

I don't have many negatives about the software. I will say that it can be really easy to accidentally "upgrade" your account to the next level. Before you click "accept" make sure that you know exactly what you are accepting. Otherwise, the software works and functions exactly as promised.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to monday marketer

Wrike was not as clean or colorful as Monday.com. We needed a project management tool that people WANTED to use. It is so satisfying to change the status to "Done" for a task; it's almost addicting!
Rachel

Robust Program to get your organized as well and open up communication with your co-workers

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Since I do Marketing and Human Resources, I have found Monday.com has changed the way I work and made it transparent as well as much more efficient. I have so many uses for using Monday.com because it is a superb program that can be utilized in so many ways. I have my entire Onboarding process put into a board, with responsible parties, due dates, finish dates included. It allows me to communicate with the responsible parties right in the program and download documents, etc. In Marketing, we put our entire TradeShow schedules on it and all the duties needing to be completed. It keeps us very aware of deadlines coming up or when someone is not pulling their weight. I have many boards with different workflows, different ways of presenting them. It integrates with so many apps and has automations that are really vital to my work. It has been a game-changer.

Pros

When used correctly, this program could solve all your communication issues with other workers. It literally puts everyone on the same page--knowing what each person is doing and when to expect completion. There are literally hundreds of ways to use this program. It is completely customizable to help you with processes and workflows or project management or team management and the list goes on.

Cons

There are not too many cons, but if I had to select one, it would have to be the learning curve of using this program. It is not simple and takes some training, reading, videos, or webinars to truly understand its capabilities. There are so many capabilities that it is hard to keep up with all the new things coming out. But what Monday does well is it provides education to learn their program. There are so many YouTube videos on every facet of this platform and an entire knowledge base of information to supplement.

Amy

Very user-friendly interface

Reviewed on 09/06/2019

We're a group of freelancers who collaborate on business together. We needed a common project management tool that would enable us to collect projects, timelines, notes and attachments all in one place.

Pros

I love how simple, intuitive and lovely the interface is. It actually makes project management a joy. Other project management software I've tried felt like it took too much time just to manage the software itself. There were too many menus to sift through. Comments were too hard to find, and my team was not keen on using it. Monday is so simple, so clean and visual that our whole team has quickly embraced it. I'm even putting my personal projects into it. One of my favorite features is the ability to make checklists in the comments area. Our team is coming up with all sorts of ways to use those (i.e.: check this off to confirm you've read the comment, etc.). We haven't been using Monday for long, so I'm curious to see how we continue to adapt it to meet our needs. I also like that there are templated projects that you can use to get started. I haven't been this excited about a project management platform in a long time, if ever.

Cons

That my team loves it so much they're going crazy making lots of projects and posts, lol.

David

• Customer Support Software

Really cool platform but still has some key missing features

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

It's a cool tool and is helpful. Just make sure it is for you. Seems like a really cool company as well.

Pros

It is a great way to assign tasks and manage people within a company, all while keeping track of planning and providing structure and order to your work. The design for assigning tasks and managing work is its key feature in my opinion.

Cons

There is basically no calendar option, and to me, I need to work off a calendar. I wish they could integrate with google calendar or at least have a calendar of their own. Also if you are not managing others or assigning tasks, to me there really isn't a point.

Response from monday

Hey David! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the platform and making use of it for assigning tasks to your team and managing progress. As for the calendar option, have you checked out our calendar view? Using that, you can view all the information from your board in a calendar interface! In addition, if you're using a date column, you can sync all of the dates with your google calendar. You can read more about syncing your monday.com dates into your calendar here: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001362725-How-to-use-the-Calendar-Integration. If this isn't helpful, let us know and we'd be happy to further assist.

• Customer Support Software

A great tool to keep a team organized and keep management up to date.

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

As a manager of a marketing department made up of multiple team members, I always found it tough to stay on top of what everyone is working on and where they stand. Monday allowed users to assign tasks back to me when I needed to review and give them my input. It has also helped me better understand how long some these projects take to determine the value of them compared to our investment. This has been an excellent tool for us and it has really helped me have peace of mind that projects are being worked on and are not being forgotten.

Pros

Monday is incredibly customizable. It took us some time to get it right for our team’s needs but once we did, we found it saving us a lot of time and saving me the headache of questioning if a project was on schedule and where it stood. You can drag and drop, assign projects, and add different columns as needed. You can create private boards which is great to use as a manager. It also integrates with your Google calendar.

Cons

You can sometimes find yourself spending too much time organizing yourself that it isn’t productive. We had to cut back on some of the features because it was just too time consuming for our team. Reoccurring tasks could be improved. It’s easy to duplicate it but to have it set up to where it comes every quarter or every other week would be great.

• Customer Support Software

Easy and full of resources

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Monday.com enables us to breakdown bigger projects into smaller tasks, start with something simple, get the bigger picture and simply get things done. The tool has a great look and feel which is a great boost when you start your day and you go check what the next steps are. So far, it's my favourite PM tool.

Pros

What I like the most about monday.com is its UX. It's very easy to move things around, drag and drop, play with the elements and add descriptions, comments, tag colleagues etc. They have tons of templates available which I really appreciate, too. We use the sprint board a lot as a marketing team.

Cons

If you're used to Trello or Asana, the view that collapses/expands on the left can be confusing at first, and the amount of features and possibilities (and colours) that they added can almost be overwhelming, but this is a very minor thing - you quickly get used to it.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday marketer

Trying out something new and more complete.
Kirsty

Revolutionised our workflow with Monday.com

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

Monday.com helped us revolutionise our workflow, allowing us to transition to a fully remote team. We couldn't be as progressive and agile without using Monday so we'd recommend it to any business looking to stay organised.

Pros

Monday is a fantastic tool to help teams collaborate on projects. Our team is fast-growing and now works remote, and Monday helps us stay on the same page. Our favourite feature is the forms, which we now use for clients to request new work from us.

Cons

Nothing springs to mind - with a little bit of training or studying, Monday is very user-friendly.

Aileen

A less manic Monday thanks to Monday.com

Reviewed on 09/11/2020

I previously used other similar programs and our entire team loves Monday. Easily create reports that can be integrated into other platforms!

Pros

Monday helps me keep track of tasks on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis which is so important in marketing!

Cons

I don't love the file-sharing abilities and how they are set up.

Priscilla

• Customer Support Software

Color coded PM tool that's great for visually seeing progress

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Their customer service is amazing! Their tool is meeting the needs for one of my clients so overall I'm very happy. I had pushed off using Monday.com based on price alone as it seemed much either than other software tools, however, I reached out to their support team and was able to get a great deal and a free user so we could actually use this for a few months and make sure it's what my client needed.

Pros

What I love most about Monday.com is the layout for project status and that you can create several columns with a status that will impact the overall progress view. i.e. We use 4 main columns 1 for Concept, Research and Planning, Coding and Development, and then Final Review. With the color coded statuses we can visually see how many projects are waiting to start and how many are waiting to start. This feature alone has been a game changer, but when combined with the project timeline view, we know exactly how much resources we have left.

Cons

My least favorite feature is more of a overall usage note. Their onboarding process is simple, but almost too simple so you really have to dig for the features you want and read their blogs and knowledge base to see what's possible. Compared to some of the other tools I've used that gives you a hands on tutorial when you first set it up, Monday.com just lets you lose with a few demo boards and it's up to you figure out what's next. For example - how many people know you can link a "pulse" to another board for a higher level project tracking? I knew that was a feature I wanted and had to google it... and then had to train two people on how to do it.

Nimit

• Customer Support Software

Monday.com helps fine-tuning your Monday blues at work!

Reviewed on 06/03/2021

Pros

The Product has infinite functionalities basically making it an all-in-one Project Management tool for all kinds of businesses. As a Marketing Executive, I have experienced a smooth transition from manually keeping notes of upcoming tasks to automatic algorithms that help assign relevant tasks with one button click. I can now track and work on multiple products, can decide my priorities with task rating, and update progress bar controls without wasting time on long emails to my Marketing Manager. I am happy with my current 2+ years of experience with Monday.com and look forward to many more!

Cons

There are so many functionalities, that learning every one of them and understanding how to make best use of it is quite overwhelming sometimes.

Tatianna

Great upgraded experience

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Personal and team task organization, as well as full visibility into everyone's tasks and priorities in the team/company.

Pros

Excellent experience with the product so far. It's easy to learn and find what you need, and the "?" tips around the interface are helpful when trying to remember what a feature does, when to use a feature, or if it's available to you. Pros: It's better than AirTable at task management because of the ability to share boards instead of "sheets" like Excel, so you don't have to remember file names. From a user perspective, Monday.com also has awesome "updates," "checklists," and other features that allow for note taking and lists within pulses. One of my favorite features is the "add views" option where you can see all the tasks on a board by a calendar, timeline, file, etc. so you can really focus on a specific aspect if the public board is overwhelming. I have not had to deal with customer support yet, so I guess that means the product is pretty user friendly :)

Cons

I dislike some of the collaboration limitations, as well as the lack of visibility into seeing timestamp updates (for admins) on the boards themselves. This feature would be helpful for managers who monitor progress on tasks, etc., as well as being able to see when people update their boards. I know this feature is in the hidden "Activity Log" but it would be easier for managers to be able to see it all in one place, like a dashboard.