Google Slides Reviews

Google Slides

4.6 (6,396)
Cloud-based application for creating custom presentations

(6,396)

Corine
  • Used for 1+ year

A Great Alternative to Microsoft Powerpoint

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Google Slides. I think I would prefer Google Slides to Powerpoint, especially because you can access your project from anywhere, since it is on your Google Drive. However, you cannot add to it when you are offline because the changes won't save. Still, it is a great tool for collaborating with others or just sharing your work and presentations with others, so I would definitely recommend this product.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it works just as well as Microsoft Powerpoint, but it's free. It has basically all of the same features, and the best part is that it is shareable, like the way you can share Google Docs with other people. This has been really helpful when I had to do group projects and work with other people remotely. It was easier for us to collaborate with Google Slides, and then send the project slides to our teachers very easily with just the access to the link.

Cons

I don't think there is anything negative to say or any cons about this software. It has all of the same features as Powerpoint, including templates, themes, and adding special effects or images or anything else. I think it works even better than Powerpoint because it is very easily shareable. I guess the only thing I would say that I "least like" would be that to change anything, you have to be able to use wifi/the Internet, whereas Powerpoint does not work exclusively online.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

The Best Way To Present Your Slideshows

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Google Slides is a very useful software that anyone can use when making projects. It's free and its features allow for group projects to be done much easier. Slides has saved much of my time in high school and I feel as though anyone working in any field can use it to make presenting something much less of a hassle. Although I do wish they would add some more features, Slides is a solid option when in need of creating slideshows.

Pros

Google Slides presents a software that allows for students and workers to showcase anything they need for a project. In school, many slideshows are required for certain projects such as presenting a book project or explaining a research paper and this is where Google Slides comes in. Slides act as an easier alternative for Microsoft PowerPoint for a couple of important reasons. One is that you don't need to download anything in order to use Slides, it's as simple as going online and opening the program whereas with PowerPoint you need to download the program in order to use it. The same applies to your work, instead of having to download each separate file for PowerPoint, Slides has everything accessed on your Google Drive and Google Account so you can access your work on any device. Two, Slides is owned by Google as therefore allows for the ability to connect your Google Docs and Sheets when needed. Three, Slides is completely free as compared to PowerPoint where you need to pay to get access to the full version. Lastly, you can easily share and work together with as many people as you need with Google Slides on one single file. For students who need to work together in group projects, Slides allows for the ability to make work easier and communicate through chat. Sending, receiving, and viewing Slides is also just as easy.

Cons

There aren't many complaints I have about Slides, just some minor issues. One is that when talking to other people through chat, no notification is presented so I never know whether or not they replied to me aside from checking every other minute. Another is that, although there are solid selections to themes when making a Slide, there aren't too many. I would like a feature where people can design their own themes and implement them into the Slides for more uniqueness. Adding YouTube videos is also another thing they should add so that anyone can present a video instead of having to open a link to showcase it.

Craig
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Intuitive Presentation Tool for Businesses

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

My overall experience with Google Slides has been fine for small size files. But for bigger decks with more content, I have struggled to do other office tasks when my presentation is open. Also, my partner had to be trained on certain unique features of Google Slides such as sharing, versioning and commenting. Because he is more used to the traditional Microsoft PowerPoint software. Overall, Google Slides, has helped me put together a visual story on performance of my e-commerce site and campaigns at negligible cost.

Pros

I use Google Slides software to update my business partner the progress I have made on building our e-commerce website. As well as , to highlight key revenue insights driven from our marketing campaigns. Once my partner reviews my updates and insights, my partner is able to provide his comments or questions on specific slides within my presentation. So, I don't have to find which slides his comments or questions refer to. I also like the ability to restore old versions of decks incase some unexpected changes were made in the new version. Sharing a Google Slides file with other team members is a breeze. Can quickly save a Google Slides file in Google Drive for future use.

Cons

Presentations created using Google Slides work fine as long as they contain small number of slides. Once number of slides is in hundreds, Google Slides starts hogging lot of RAM and slows down the laptop. Pasting comments box inside a chart makes the text invisible. So, need to redo the comments box to make the text visible. Google Slides needs a Google account and isn't compatible with Microsoft office products or browser. Once a Google Slides file is shared with another user, its difficult to keep it confidential.

Shanna
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Grabs the Attention

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

I really enjoy using Googles slides to present material that is important in a way to grab the viewers attentions and give them resources to remember the content by making it interesting.

Pros

Its easy to follow, and user friendly. Presentations are vivid and interactive. There are also many ways to create transitions that draw the eye and keep it interesting.

Cons

I'd like to see more templates and choices for themes.

Souleymane
Souleymane
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Google Slides is designed to enhance productivity and foster creativity.

Reviewed on 25/08/2023

Based on my experience, I find that Google Slides is the perfect software for creating successful presentations. It is just as effective as PowerPoint.

Pros

Google Slides offers a wide range of features that I find very interesting for creating visually appealing slides, including adding text, creating shapes, incorporating videos, and other visual elements to ensure high-quality presentations.

Cons

I have used Google Slides for over a year and have not found any negative aspects that would cast doubt on the application. The software offers a wide range of features that are highly beneficial.

Samantha

Google slides

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

Impeccable

Impeccable

Pros

The customized templates. I like them because I like to address my customers by name and make each one unique rather than a generic general template

Cons

Nothing to dislike really. It's been a good program to me and simple easy to use.

Richard
  • Industry: Machinery

One of Google's Great Alternativesto Microsoft Products

Reviewed on 19/09/2023

I have used Google Slides on and off for years, since high school and college and more recently. While I have never been disappointed with the program, I always find myself reverting back to using Microsoft Powerpoint. Having said that, I still recommend Google Slides to anyone in need of an easy to use presentation editing software.

Pros

My favorite thing about Google Slides is the ease with which users can integrate other Google products with the program. Like all of Google's programs, features of slides can be incorporated with features from Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.

Cons

I still feel like Microsoft Powerpoint is the superior slide presentation software. The quality seen in Google Slides seems slightly subpar when compared to the veteran software that Microsoft is famous for.

Hicham
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Google slide review

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

Pros

Easy to use during the meeting and also it gives opportunity to share everything and to update the contains in few seconds de

Cons

It is a good support specially when you work from home

Reasons for Choosing Google Slides

It was decided by CEO to encourage using google environment

Reasons for Switching to Google Slides

Easy to use and to update
Emily

Google Slides is a Winner

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

Great for the value. I use this almost daily.

Great for the value. I use this almost daily.

Pros

Super easy to use, navigate. I also love the ability to publish to the web and share.

Cons

Limited media. If you add sounds it takes too long and links back to the internet .

Malena
Malena
  • Industry: Music

Straight and Basic

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

I use it for creating the drafts in the mobile and export the ideas latter to canva for a more complex editing.

Pros

It's very easy to use and adequate for simple presentations online or offline. Normally easy and fast to export or set up.

Cons

Its needs more features and better edition option and the mobile app version.

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Google Slides

Because colleagues can create light and easy to share documents with it.

Great way to create platform-independent presentations and to collaborate

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

My overall experience using Slides has been very positive. I enjoy the cross-platform, free, easily accessible design of this software and I feel the pros significantly outweigh the cons. Even though I have powerpoint installed I only use it if for opening existing presentations I have received from someone else. For be Slides is always the preferred choice when I want to create or edit my own presentations.

Pros

When creating a presentation I have a choice between powerpoint and google slides. I prefer slides because:

- it is free to use
- it works online and I do not need to install anything/have anything installed on my computer
- I have many devices (laptop, desktop, android, iphone) and I can view, use and edit my presentation on any one of those devices
- The interface is easy to use and I can find the features I am looking for typically without significant effort
- If working with someone else, you can collaborate on a project in real time
- You can publish and embed your presentation on a website and share it with people

I also like that the work is saved online so if and when my laptop dies, I do not have to worry about copying files anywhere, my work is safe. Overall there are many pros to using this product.

Cons

As for styling the presentation, the selection of themes is quite limited and I wish there were more options. From a functional standpoint, because of features like real time collaboration, you have to be online to use it. My internet connection is bad and cuts off sometimes, so I have to pause work until it resumes. No connection causes a notification bar to show up saying "trying to connect" and everything becomes disabled until I am online again.

Now preferred over Keynote & Powerpoint

Reviewed on 20/10/2019

Overall, slides deserves great reviews coming from Powerpoint/Keynote. In an environment where presentations are built through collaborative teams daily, it's light, intuitive solution provides a ton of value. Even as a data heavy organization, the challenges of numerical data and visualizations are not disruptive enough to reconsider previous presentation software.

Pros

Coming from hybrid Powerpoint/Keynote environment, we've found the following pros:
The collaboration/commenting/tagging feature is more intuitive and easier to access.
The biggest concern we had in adopting Slides was its ability to deliver offline. We've been pleasantly surprised that functionality is largely maintained when offline and syncs smoothly when back on the web.
Embedding web hosted assets such as YouTube videos, audio files and even large image files are easier to leverage as well as has much less impact on file size.

Cons

The largest challenge faced with Slides thus far has been the integration/ability to leverage Sheets in presentations. Previously, many of the capabilities of Excel such as formula management, chart/graph visualizations has been keys to presentations. That capability isn't there in Slides in to ways: 1) Sheets is still missing some feature parity with Excel. 2) Once you paste or embed a chart or graph in Slides from Sheets, both the data and the labels are difficult to manage.

Reasons for Choosing Google Slides

Coming from a Mac/PC environment we were managing 2 different presentation software programs, Keynote & Powerpoint. Even with well built, matching templates, collaboration was difficult, design wasn't consistent and training on both platforms was required.

Reasons for Switching to Google Slides

Compatible with both PC/Mac. Cloud based. Intuitive.
Jim

Google Slides... It Can Do THAT?!?

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

I use Google Slides many times throughout the day and find it a comfortable, affordable alternative to PPT and other similar products.

Pros

Google Slides, at its core, is a presentation software that is part of the Google Suite of Apps. It is comparable in many features and functions to Microsoft PowerPoint. What I love about Google Slides, though, is that it can be used for much more than making, yet another, slide presentation. In my classes (K-6), we learn how Google Slides is great for many non-slide presentation work, including stop motion animation, flyers (from 1-page up to door-sized posters), flash cards, drawing (in many ways able to replace Google Drawings), e-storytelling, and much more.

Cons

In comparison to MS PPT, I would like to see more graphic editing capabilities. In PPT, for example, you can remove the background from a photo... not yet doable within Google Slides.

Reasons for Choosing Google Slides

Zero costs involved, better integration with overall applications within a suite of products.

Olivia
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Google Slides for Education

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Google slides, overall, is an excellent tool for distance and digital learning. When used in the classroom setting students are able to collaborate in real time next to each other in at home students are able to collaborate in real time we’re not next to each other. It is the best of both worlds. I am also able to share our information easily with my students. Google slides, overall, is an excellent tool for distance and digital learning. When using the classroom setting students are able to collaborate in real time next to each other in at home tunes are able to collaborate in real time we’re not next to each other. It is the best of both worlds. I am also able to share out information easily with my students.

Pros

Google Slides for educating students allows me to display information in a sequential matter. This helps students stay focused and organized. I can create custom lessons in slides for their distance learning success. Students can also create projects in slides and practice numerous skills needed as 9-10 year olds.

Cons

There are some features that are missing like the ability to use custom fonts from the internet. I miss not being able to use them. I also don’t like the adding an image feature. It’s easier in Microsoft Power Point.

Ricardo
Ricardo
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Excellent collaboration tools, simple to use, a bit basic

Reviewed on 19/09/2021

For our company the most important aspect is collaboration. On that front, Google Slides is more than enough, as collaboration has been at the heart of all office apps from Google since their inception. The cons like the limited tools to deal with images and editing templates are really not that important.

Pros

The collaboration tools. In our industry, education, Google Slides allows teachers to share content with colleagues and students vida Google Classroom. It also allows instructors to create virtual "manipulatives" for students and then supervise and guide their work in real time. Google slides also allow teachers to use a bank of comments and even include audio feedback for the pupils.
Also of importance for education, the integration with YouTube is flawless.

Cons

Manipulation of images is a bit basic when compared with main competitor PowerPoint from Microsoft. Editing slides templates is also less intuitive than it is in PowerPoint.

Cushi
Cushi

A basic, free solution for creating engaging slideshows on the web

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

I think the program works well for its purpose. Beyond that, I don't have much to say about it. I prefer more aesthetically driven softwares like Canva or Figma. I have even used Wix to create presentations in the past to achieve a more beautiful look.

Pros

Above all, I like that this program is free. This means that anyone who needs to create a slideshow has access to a slideshow software. Not everyone needs to use this kind of software regularly, so having a free solution is amazing. I think it has certain aesthetic limitations compared to other design software like Figma or Canva, but templates and stock photos and GIFs are available to help bridge that gap, albeit only to a small extent. Ultimately, most slide show presentations are purposeful and not pretty. This software offers the people in that high percentile an easy to use solution.

Cons

As much as I love how practical this is, I am a designer at hear t and I truly despise how banal the stock templates are. Thankfully there are a variety of designers on the web who create beautiful Google SLides templates that you can use for free or purchase.

Microsoft PowerPoint, Canva, and Keynote

Reasons for Choosing Google Slides

I love the interconnectedness of Googles online apps, and ultimately that was the reason for the switch. I'm currently considering other softwares as the limitations of Googles "designability" have limited me for far too long.

Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote

Lisa

• Customer Support Software

The most intuitive presentation service out there!

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

It is a game changer in the education industry. The process to create, collaborate, edit and share is so intuitive it makes group work and project management a breeze.

Pros

I work in education administration so google slides is a constant go to for my teachers. I was compelled to write this review because it is even more useful as we move to virtual learning. There are lots of extensions and add on features that are free to use with google slides that make it more interactive and easier to check for the audiences understanding throughout your presentation. For example, pear deck is a free extension that allows you to ask the audience questions and see their responses once you have shared the slide show with them. I also love how user friendly the whole design panel is.

Cons

Our technology teacher is able to teach this software to 5th graders and they make high quality multimedia presentations. It's that user friendly! No complaints here!

Reasons for Switching to Google Slides

It was free and offered the most user friendly interface for design. It also can be accessed from any device.
Jordan
Jordan

Collaborative Presentation for the People

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

My overall experience has been nothing but mostly positive. Please implement version control in the future though!

Pros

As with most of Google products, I love that it's collaborative and the price-point is right (free). Where I was prepping for school presentations, work presentations or making a process doc Google slides has never failed me. It's also used at most big companies, startups, and advertising agencies alike.

Cons

The only caveat with Google products is always the question of privacy and version control. The main question is, "how do I know that this is safer than non-cloud presentation software". There's always a risk when using any cloud-based software, but it's a valid question to ask yourself.

Reasons for Choosing Google Slides

Ability to collaborate in real-time.

Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Google Slides

Price-point and collaboration features.
angel

Efficient and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

I really enjoy using Google slides every time I have to make a presentation because of how simple and easy the process is. Although I did take note of somethings that could be improved, I think that those things will not be an impediment to my using of Google Slides. I can see very evidently the benefits of Google Slides on my academic life as my teachers are always commenting on how well organized my presentation. But this is all thanks to Google Slides for offering their services for free!

Pros

I have always used Google Slides every since I was required to make a presentation. I absolutely love using google slides for school presentations and other informal and formal features because it is so simple and so easy to use. Whether you are a beginner in making presentations or an expert at doing this, there will always be something for everyone. Beginners have access to basic templates that cover a wide range of topics like lesson plans, book reports, field trips, science projects, and promotions, etc.

My favorite feature is being able to edit at the same time as other people especially when I have online school and we get assigned projects, it is challenging for everyone to be on the same page and to work together because we have to stay home. Google slides, however, allowing multiple users to work on the same slide allowed for better communication and understanding of what the group wanted to do.

Another feature that I find really useful is being able to make a custom background. Sometimes the templates don't fit my topic so I start with a blank template and I choose a gradient or a light-colored background that fits well.

Cons

There two things that I think could be improved but neither of these things will prevent me from using Google Slides extensively in the future. The first is that I wish there could more PowerPoint templates available either formal or informal. I like the current templates as they are very useful, but it would be nice to see something different, like backgrounds that connect with children so perhaps like an animal template.
The second thing is that I wish there are more transitions but this doesn't really impact me that much.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Make Meeting more productive

Reviewed on 26/07/2020

Its great, the best part is that I can not only make changes on any device, but everything is synced up on the cloud. I can access my files anywhere by logging into my Google account from any device.

Pros

Whenever you are speaking with someone externally (like a potential client), it becomes very important for you to put your best foot forward. Google slides lets me create presentations and share it with my team, get instant feedback (or I could also collaborate with multiple colleagues to design the perfect design/messaging). The ability to use your mobile phone as a clicker is also quite helpful if you end up being in a large board room and someone just worry who will change the slide on queue. The speaker mode also allows you to view your notes (much more easier if you have two screens) simultaneously which makes it so much easier for me to make sure I haven't missed anything or if I just want to remind myself to ask a question or take a pause so that I don't get lost in the flow.

I also like the feature when you copy a particular presentation it asks you if you want the speaker notes copied (incase you have confidential information in your version but want to share a different file with an external person)

Cons

On a single screen the speaker notes, especially if you are using a video conference tool the window just not go into full present mode, you can see the URL there so its not a fully immersive experience. (doesn't happen on 2 screens)

• Industry: Design

The Best Free Presentation App for Everyone

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I use it for design presentations, and I really don't need to pay for a paid Software because Google Slides is 100% Free and I saved a lot of time because everything is happening in the cloud and the app is very fast and easy to use.
I hope Google will add more features always to help us create and design some cool presentations for work or for school and we will do our best to recommend this App to our friends and family members because it's a high-quality app and everyone needs to use it.

Pros

I like it because It's 100% Free to use and all I need is a Gmail account.
I like it because it offers a lot of professional tools with a user-friendly interface.
It's for everyone who needs to do a professional presentation for work, school, or business...etc.
I like it because I can share my files with anyone and It's very easy to use the sharing option.
I like the autosave function because I don't need to save my presentation every time I make a change to it.
Everything is happening in the cloud and no need to save large files on your PC or Laptop.
I really don't need to be afraid or panic to lose my important presentations because it's saved directly in Google servers.
It's easy to use and no need to have skills to design a slide show because Google Slides offer a large selection of templates you can use.
I can use my mobile device to access my presentations and edit them too without the need to bring my laptop to work or school...etc.
I can modify, edit, create any presentation I want for free and in minutes without the need to install any large software on my Laptop or PC.
I can use my Gmail to integrate with Google Slides and access my work anywhere.
Google support is one of the best and they have a lot of tutorials and articles about almost everything you can do with Google Slides also you can find a lot of videos around the internet to show you how to fix any problem or teach you how to do something.

Cons

I need the internet always to save and access my work in the cloud and I really hope Google can give us a better option soon.
I hope they can give us more free presentation templates to work with because It's very to edit and no need to create them from scratch.
Hope they can add more effects and transitions from a designer point of view.

Kristen
Kristen

We Can Collaborate More Effectively Thanks to Google Slides

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

We used to implement PowerPoint for our presentations, but no longer. Our team collaboratively builds presentations for go-to-market (GTM) plans, strategy communications, and other useful information to share company-wide. Google Slides allows us to collectively join into the same slide deck at once for building content or creating design. When our team transitioned to a fully remote department due to the pandemic, our need increased for tools that did not require us to connect to a server remotely in order to access shared files.

Pros

Using Google Slides has strengthened our presentations and increased our efficiency, and the tool fosters more effective collaboration. The link sharing is a game changer, especially during a meeting in which we want to loop a team member in quickly. Our team can quickly and easily access the file from Google Drive, work on the same or different slides at the same time, and comment our ideas or on changes required. Our past PPT files can also be uploaded and converted easily to use the tools available in Google Slides.

Cons

Google Slides is a simple application to use and to implement, and we look forward to seeing more features built into this tool. When multiple users create text boxes and work on the same slide at once, sometimes the slide can get a little chaotic. We've embraced the chaos in this workflow, but having a larger negative space around the slide to place objects or text boxes that we don't necessarily want to present and want to keep for future reference would be exceedingly helpful. Our designers would also like to see a more streamlined approach to locking design elements to create slide deck templates that allow other users to swap in images.

Dlamini Percis
Dlamini Percis

Google Slides Review

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I have used Google slides for many years during my tenor as a lecturer. Through Google Slides, my students access seamless lecture presentations at the click of a button anytime and anywhere. They also benefit from collaborative presentations because they share ideas, audio and video files during virtual and face-to-face lectures. This h has been an invaluable, particularly for remote teaching and learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. I highly recommend google slides for professional, business and personal use.

Pros

Google Slides is a free professional and personal presentation software, users only need to use their Gmail accounts to use the software. It is a web-based app, hence users can access it anytime and anywhere using a number of internet browsers. The software also has powerful features that are suitable for individual and unparalleled collaborative presentations regardless of physical distance. For instance, users can see team members' contributions; embed their Google Slides presentations on their websites to increase accessibility; share presentations at the click of a button; voice type speaker notes, and invite team members to work on a single presentation. Users can also create a unique URL address which thee audience can use to ask questions in real-time. Google Slides also has a variety of templates to suit different user needs. Animations and transitions allow users to create seamless and innovative presentations. With google slides, it is impossible to lose unsaved presentations because the presentations are automatically on google drive. Users can also download Google Slides presentations in PowerPoint and PDF formats. Another outstanding feature is the ability to present via several platforms like Chromecast, Google meets, Zoom. As such, users can easily project their slides to a TV via Chromecast, stream from iOS, Andriod devices or from Windows computers.

Cons

Although packed with numerous benefits, there are a few flaws inherent in Google Slides. For example, the voice typing technology is dependent on the accent of the user and the strength of their internet connection, the area from a few from

Camila

Excellent resource for presentation

Reviewed on 07/03/2023

Pros

Google Slides is used daily by me and the whole team, I really like how easy it is to use, it can be used online and it is increasingly being integrated with other Google tools such as google meets. This has greatly facilitated and optimized the product.

Cons

Although I think it's an excellent product, I still miss deeper editing and customization features, we have other tools on the market that provide more complete ready-made design templates, and others that provide more customization of presentations with features and functionality.

Microsoft PowerPoint and Canva

Microsoft PowerPoint and Canva

Ease of use online

One of the best online Presentation tools

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

One aspect of Google Slides that could benefit from improvement is its revision control or versioning feature. Currently, many users resort to creating copies of the same presentation to have snapshots of specific versions. While Google Slides does offer a revisions feature, it lacks full integration that would allow for seamless compatibility and streamlined management of copies and revisions. Enhancing this aspect would greatly improve the user experience by providing a more efficient and organized way to track and manage different versions of presentations.

Pros

Google Slides is an excellent tool for creating and sharing presentations. With its collaborative features, it simplifies the process of creating proper slides while enabling seamless teamwork. Real-time collaboration allows multiple colleagues to work simultaneously, while easy sharing options ensure everyone has access to the most up-to-date version. Its SaaS nature makes it accessible from anywhere, eliminating the risk of data loss, plus the offline mode is always there.

Cons

One feature that could be improve is the revisions (version control) since I see a lot of users making copies of the same presentation to have a snapshot of that specific one. The revisions feature allows users to do that but is not fully integrated in a way anyone could make copies and revisions fully compatible, and less messy to manage.