LiquidText

Feroz
Feroz
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

Great software for legal professionals.

Extremely satisfied.

Extremely satisfied.

Pros

Great for court arguments. Its helps to jump from one to another link in seconds. Better than sifting papers.

Cons

So far no cons at all. It is a great software to use.

Yumi
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best for reviewing

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Thank you for creating LiquidText! Ever since I started using LiquidText my studying & working jouney is more innovative. I love that you guys are putting a lot of effort in improving this app and that makes me want to continue using this app even more. Keep up!

Pros

What I like about LiqidText is that it's very easy to write, organize, and review notes acorss the document. It's almost like studying with an actualy notebook & pen but much better because it's paper-less! Especially for intense studying or reviewing it is so helful. I am a professional who's always reviewing for different licensure exams and I need to take a lot of notes in a single document. Being able to take as much notes as possible without minding how much blank space I have in a page is a great feeling and it makes my reviewing more efficient & productive.

Cons

I'm not very fond of the user interface. As a person who uses a lot of different apps (especially note-taking apps & PDF apps) in iOS, the user interface of LiquidText feels a bit out-dated. I would want it to be more modern and sophisticated so it's more motivating. Also the price is bit expensive to recommend to anyone. I have a lot of friends who are still students and they tend to purcahse cheaper apps even though LiquidText is great.

Timothy
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Can be useful but need some basic functionality added

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

It has been helpful to take and organize notes. It reduces the time it takes to prep for writing a document. There are issues with the interface that make me hesitant to try more involved usage.

Pros

It is a great way to use notecards without using notecards. I can take excerpts and notes and organize them to use in writing reports.

Cons

The results of exporting notes is cumbersome - sections/workspaces are out of order and have to be rearranged. I would really like to be able to rename projects or duplicate them and rearrange them. I use on an iPad but the interface and controls sometimes feel like Unix/Linux poorly emulating a graphical user interface.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Best app to lead us to new insights.

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Pros

Multiple documents can be connected. This gives me a new insights.

Cons

All documents are downloaded even if the terminal don’t have enough space.

love love love it

Reviewed on 12/08/2022

It has solved my need to print a hard copy of new laws or cases so that I can highlight the relevant items and annotate the material.

Pros

Since I move around a lot for meetings, and am rarely at the office, I rely on soft copies of documents for my research. I used to put them in Evernote, since each document would be a page. However, it gets tedious sorting through the documents one by one. Here the documents are lined up. Also I get to preserve my highlights on the soft copy. Ever since the pandemic, my underbar employee has been working from home. Sometimes, even I work from home. I just have them email me the soft copies of the documents needed. I don't need to print.

Cons

The more functions it has, the harder it is to remember what to press or how to reset it so that I can access certain things.

• Customer Support Software

Feature-packed productivity tool for professionals

Reviewed on 24/08/2022

It helped me manage huge amount of information and documents, makes meaningful connections with them, which in turn help me generate additional insights. The app helped me digest information actively (i.e. making notes, create tags, add connections, write notes, highlight, create drawings and diagrams) without being so distracted on how to do it. It is very easy to use, the interface is very intuitive and the features are useful in my use case as a data professional.

Pros

This app helped me collect, manage and generate insights to large information and documents that i read as part of my work. It helped me quickly search important notes and capture ideas on the fly, structure them in a meaningful way, and be able to retain them for future use. I could say that this is the best productivity software in the market specially for professionals like me that handles huge amount of data in my work.

Cons

The subscription model limits some really useful functionality for users who cannot afford them. I hope that they could make the subscription be more affordable or have a onetime fee for a lifetime access of all future upgrades and new features.

Manoj
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

All in one

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

I am in a healthcare industry and due to vast amount of information in it, I need a app that summarise and present it in understandable way and liquid text is definitely good at it by doing so

Pros

Mind maps, content sharing and document linking are my favourite features

Cons

Note taking is not perfectly improved to smooth experience and I think it need to be developed

Shobhit
  • Industry: Law Practice

Liquid text easees the carrying bulky case files easy.

Reviewed on 04/09/2023

quite smooth and easy-to-use features. However, a slight improvement in excerpted notes is required(option to pin it).

Pros

carrying hard copies of cases is a tedious work, however, Liquidtext makes it easy to manage bulky case files.

Cons

Pricing of Liquidtext is quite expensive for young lawyers.

Prashant

• Customer Support Software

Great Product with a few kinks in its armour

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Pros

I like the page linking and the note linking feature of the product the most. It is a very innovative feature

Cons

Ease of use and syncing into other devices could be improved upon. Further mouse support for laptop use is really essential.

Sarah
Sarah

Mostly love

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

I used it for writing my MSc thesis and it was great for being able to pull out text which I put in categories- but importantly be able to find it again.

Pros

I love the fact that I can store multiple documents in one file and search within the whole set in one go - it really helps in synthesis of large amounts of text.

Cons

sometimes liquid text will shut down mid process. Also LT is much better to use on my iPad rather than my MacBook or iMac. Sometimes the search bar gets hidden on the Mac.

Mathis
  • Industry: Research

Nice but…

Excellent- almost perfect pdf reader system

Excellent- almost perfect pdf reader system

Pros

The super easy navigation in loooong documents, ease of extracting information and as ability to annotate and link at the same time

Cons

The add on subscription based separate better bits that seem to inhibit the improvement of the software fat ‘normal’ users

The zoom function for the desktop version (Mac) is abysmal and nowhere near that available to the iPad user.

Mallu Hima Tejeshwar

Needs more features

Reviewed on 23/08/2023

3 out of 5 . has Potential to be much better . Add goodparts of onenote , notability

Pros

1) Annotating PDF with ample white space 2) White spaces can be multiple workspaces3) Linking pages of PDF , sections of one pdf to other4) apple pencil on Liquid text feels much more fluid that on onenote5) Imports pdfs as pdfs not images 6) can import webpages7) Memory efficient unlike onenote

Cons

1)When scrolling the white space (workspace) If I happen to touch an image and scroll it moves the image to different location which is very annoying. Make it double tap to select image like in one note2)Can't take only notes by without adding Document3)Can't add shapes like rectangles, circles, axes etc4) I have to adjust my pencil size every time I write on workspace and then when I write on the pdf5)very basic browser6) No Dark MODE (my eyes are straining) for text based pdfs please implement something background is in Gray colour text is in white colour something like that.7) Can't resize/ Change color of the selected text in workspace 8) Size mismatch when you select a part of PDF and drag it into workspace9) Highlighter in workspace is crapp. Its very good in notability.10) lines joining two points looks kinda cool but becomes annoying to look at when you annotate like half textbook. it would be nice if let make those lines invisible11) Not available on android , can't check something important on the go on my phone ( this is possible with onenote)

Raymond

Liquid Text for Academic Research

Reviewed on 16/08/2022

Pros

It's my go-to place now for collecting pdfs and extractions from books and the web for cross-correlating thematic topics into the workspace area. The cross linking is brilliant.

Synchronization is reliable. That's originally why I left GoodNotes.

Cons

--> LINKS IN PDF'S!!!! This drives me crazy. Please fix it.
o I need another layer of folders. Getting around is too linear especially given that I have multiple "lives" inside which do not overlap, but among which I work and navigate.
o Tagging is weird and should be easier to manage.
o I often find things on my phone and need a way to get links, pdfs, into liquid text.
o I'd like more capability in writing in the workspace...akin to Goodnotes or Notability.
o I'd like to have the ability to open JUST a workspace and use it like Goodnotes or Notability.
o Importing is a little weird. Too often when I want to bring a document into LT, it ends up on the highest level area and I'm not given the ability to file it away where I want it.

Ashutosh
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Product

Reviewed on 29/08/2023

It a great revolutionary app, that changed how I worked. While not completely paperless, I have reduced a lot of papers from my office.

Pros

the side-by-side view of the pdf file and the workspace with easy linking feature. The concept of a project which can have multiple files with same workspace. There are many features which I like.

Cons

Scrolling needs to be faster and smoother. The price of highest version is a little expensive. Easy integration for back-up of files (real-time) with any cloud storage service should have been provided (instead of compulsion of using their own cloud storage. Online access to backed-up files should be provided, so that they can be selectively downloaded wherever needed (like other devices). Overall, there is still scope for improvement.

Shireen

• Customer Support Software

A social science researcher's note-taking dream

Reviewed on 13/08/2022

Pros

Liquid Text saved my life while starting a Phd because it allowed me to take notes as I think - in webs. It allows intricate note taking while reading PDFs - which are easily exportable to most formats. My favourite function is the ability to stick different extracts together by merely bringing one close to the other. It exports in the same way - thus helping me to organise my notes categorised in different themes. This saves a lot of time later when I can just skim past the notes based on the larger themes its organised by.

Cons

I wish the workspace had more writing options. Also, the citation option while exporting is useless because it mentions the page number of the document as 1, 2, 3 depending on the number it is at in the document. However, academic documents hardly begin from page 1,2,3 - Liquid Text should add an option for the user to enter the starting page number.

Maurice
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Love this Organic PDF Document reviewer and organizational tool

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Pros

The organic manner I can review pdf. Documents. I go through 5-6 large PDF documents per day and this is the closest to “pen and paper” in terms of organic commenting

Cons

Wish there was an easy way to transfer across iOS/MacOS/Windows

Zvi

Greatest PDF app

I love it.

I love it.

Pros

The synchronizing. The management. and the ease of use.

Cons

OCR needs to have more languages. Adobe has Hebrew.

PDFelement

Reasons for Choosing LiquidText

Ease of USE, prine.

Reasons for Switching to LiquidText

I cannot explain. I just love it.
Damaris

Easy and perfect!

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

I love that I can use different colors with the pen, I can write using the keyboard, make additions to my documents using my iPad, and see my edits on the computer.

Pros

I find it great to edit a document on my iPad and see my edits on the computer, so I can continue working on the computer and then return to the iPad again; it's perfect! I love that I can use different colors with the pen and write using the keyboard!

Cons

I think it's perfect as is; however, I would like to open two pdfs at the same time and be able to edit and write on them at the same time.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Using LiquidText is my goto for annotating any kind of PDFs!

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Pros

I like how I can color-code my highlights and update which colors are accessible as shortcuts.

Cons

I wish I could do more signatures like Adobe and how do I use the convert to PDF feature?

Gunilla
  • Industry: Construction Software
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for contractual work, document management and research

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Cannot use in the EU with all documents, due to lack of description of data privacy

Pros

The canvas along the documents with the ability to jump back and forth

Cons

Still not stable enough for working together on one project. Partially due to synchronisation issues, and the approach of synchronising the whole project, when only some parts have been change.

Vikram
  • Industry: Research

• Customer Support Software

Great tool needs working on synchronising

Reviewed on 23/08/2023

Greatly facilitated in reading and understanding complex new ideas in physics

Greatly facilitated in reading and understanding complex new ideas in physics

Pros

Great way to organise the ideas in the paper I am reading. Specially visually connecting the different ideas and concepts.

Cons

Crashes almost always at starting both on my m1 iMac and on my MacBook 15 inch

Lili

Lili

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

It’s been very helpful to review contracts and documents from the same transaction and to keep very useful annotations of several laws.

Pros

Being able to link text, take notes and to compare/review several documents at the same time.

Cons

If I need to review something from another Project it’s not very efficient.

Gantumur
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Must have app for a person who deals with a lot of documents

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

My work involves a lot of research on specific social problems. For a project, I need to review hundreds of documents, analyze all information, and describe the problems and possible solutions. LiquidText helps me arrange documents, connect their relevant and important parts in one place, and review all my notes and the highlighted important parts at a glance.

Pros

It helps me research specific topics and manage all relevant documents in a structured manner. The app enables me easy search and understand the connections of all documents related to a specific topic, at a glance.

Cons

A little expensive. Multi-device sharing requires high subscription fees.

Daniel
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

Best product for medical research!

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Amazing! Since I started using these I am not going to use anything else for research.

Pros

Extracting part of PDFs and putting them into one single notepad, from different PDFs, in addition to handwriting. I have no idea why This is not more frequently used or advertised more

Cons

The highlighting feature in the iPad doesn’t look as nice in the computer

Chun Wa

Infinite note taking

Reviewed on 14/08/2022

Pros

It can be synchronized across multiple devices, and the standards in the pdf are so clear and easy to use that you can write down your thoughts in an unlimited number of ways.

Cons

The most advanced services are a bit expensive. And the sync between different devices is a bit slow.