Informer

Business analytics system for education & insurance sectors

4.8/5
4.4/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.9/5

57 Software options

• Industry: Higher Education Software

Great tool for higher ed

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

I've been using Informer for at least 8 years in my current research position at an institution of higher education. It has been a fantastic tool that has allowed me to more effectively and efficiently perform the duties of my job.

Pros

I absolutely love Informer. It is incredibly user-friendly and very intuitive. Nearly everything I know about Informer is self-taught. The dashboard feature was a bit more difficult to figure out, but I was still able to do it and it provided a fantastic overview of the data that our higher administration was looking for.

Cons

There is not really anything that I dislike about Informer. The only issues I run across are with regards to locating pieces of data and that is not really an Informer issue.

Teresa A.

Informer Review

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Pros

The ease of writing a simple report for use.

Cons

Having to restart the entrinsik service several times a day.

Deborah J.

• Customer Support Software

Great Tool for Reporting and More!

Reviewed on 14/10/2015

We have used Informer for about 8 years. This product is easy to use for novices, but also has many powerful features for more advanced users. One mission-critical use is to populate other systems with the "scheduled report" feature. Data can be exported to other servers at programmed times. For example, we use this to keep our website populated with directory and class schedule information.
The customer support is also outstanding. Both complex and simple questions are answered quickly and accurately.
I would highly recommend this product!

Duane R.

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to write 'quick' reports for users. Flexible with SQL or Informer commands

Reviewed on 19/10/2015

Native SQL is very easy to use and is generally good for all reports. Some more complex SQL functions may give issues but for the most part queries can be transferred from SQL queries directly to an Informer report.
Reports can be created within minutes and unless complicated links are used can be run very quickly. Informer reports have saved our users a lot of time and efforts because of the ease of getting data.
Support on issues (customer service) and regular updates to the Informer application is very good and timely.

Cyrus C.

Informer

Reviewed on 13/10/2015

Fairly easy to use but does require an understanding of the data source to pull in the data for reporting purposes. No so much work to get it operational. Could improve (current version 4.5) on connecting or combining multiple data sources for reporting. Offer more options for exports file types.

Michael T.

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic product with incredible support

Reviewed on 13/10/2015

We use this software extensively on campus and our end users really like the ease and convenience of the product. Informer has solved so many of our reporting needs and now with the addition of Dashboards, we are able to deliver meaningful c-level reports to all the appropriate decision makers.

Mariza T.

Easy, self-service reporting.

Reviewed on 02/10/2015

It is really easy to use, with an intuitive interface. Allows you to create ans share reports and dshboards, does analytics and connects to almost all kinds of databases out there.

Tara M.

Reviewed on 20/10/2015

I currently request reports from our SIS from the IT department for use or scheduling. Processing the created reports is user-friendly.

Kevin f. C.
  • Industry: Printing

Informer Review

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

My overall experience with Informer has been great! There are a few tweaks that I feel need to be made and periodic glitching but other than that everything has gone smoothly. When teaching my end users how to navigate and use the product everything is very self explanatory and I hear nothing but amazing comments and compliments about Informer once they get the hang of it. I would highly recommend Informer to other universities and organizations that would benefit from using it.

Pros

-User friendly
-Allows data to be easily manipulated to create a report that shows exactly what you are looking for.
-The ability to assign Users to Teams and set permissions/access for those users so that they can or can not edit or view other Teams Datasets.
-Useful tools and features that allow you to alter the formatting of the data.
-Easily being able to create a Job and schedule them to run on specific days and times.
-Being able to use Datasources to view the fields within each mapping as well as being able to hide those fields that you do not want end users to use.
-Creating custom expressions for those fields that you need within a specific mapping.
-Amazing visually and gives you a great end result.

Cons

-Can be glitchy at times (ex: When editing a Dataset and organizing the columns the way you want them it tends to undo the organization when you go back into the Dataset to edit it).
-Not being able to share a Dataset with a specific user.
-Even as an Admin/Super User I find that I need to change the ownership of a Dataset owned by another user in order to edit the Dataset. Without changing the ownership of the Dataset over to myself I am still able to edit the Dataset but they tend to glitch and will either not show data within the field I am adding for them or the query will fail to run. However, when I change the ownership of the Dataset to myself and make the same changes it works perfectly.
-In Datasources it would be nice to have a column within the mappings that shows a description of the fields that end users are choosing so that there is less confusion.

Matthew P.

• Customer Support Software

Consume data from many sources, compile for detail and aggregate reports

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Excellent. Informer delivers the powerful, complicated reporting our data-hungry team needs. Our data is spread between several connected yet disparate systems, with different systems being in charge of different types of information (e-commerce is here, ERP is there, customer Source of Truth is SFDC) and Informer consumes and unifies it all in one application.

Pros

Our team is pulling data from 4x Postgres databases, Salesforce.com and a few legacy-export CSV files. The reports we create are complicated can contain as many of the above-mentioned sources as we need. If you like the flexibility of SQL and custom code, you can do that. If you want point-and-click, you may lose some of the most advanced function but can probably still get yourself some great charting.

Cons

You're going to need a few power users that are comfortable with basic Javascript or SQL to take full advantage of the software. Powerscripts and complex, multi-step build jobs are powerful but somewhat cumbersome, but they do deliver the flexibility to manipulate a report in so many ways.

Belinda G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

RCBC Belinda Guinto

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Overall experience with Informer has been impeccable. The new GUI makes it so pleasing to work with since it is alot more user friendly.

Pros

I can best answer this question in comparison to Informer 4 and I have to say Dashboards hands down. I5 offers a lot more options than prior versions for their Dashboards. They are much easier to configure, their display options really allow the user to provide a new way to display decision making data for executives.

Cons

As with all new software you will encounter bugs. They are a part of providing the best possible version for customers. We are still dealing with some however, the customer support behind these is impeccable. Quick responses to support requests, friendly staff and quick resolutions are provided.

Steve M.

• Customer Support Software

Implementing Informer is one of the best business decisions we've made

Reviewed on 05/10/2020

Pros

Of all of the 3rd-party software the College uses, Informer has by far the best cost-to-value ratio. It was relatively easy to implement and is easily picked up by non-technical users. It integrates with all of our data sources (including the non-SQL compliant database the College's SIS uses) and has been invaluable in filling our reporting needs.

Cons

As an administrator, I much prefer the permissions management of Informer 4 to Informer 5, as it's really useful (though requires more intervention) to be able to manage the permissions very specifically. The 'user defined fields' capability in Informer 4 would also be useful to us if it were in Informer 5.

Logan G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great product!

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Deployed with Informer 4 and upgraded to Informer 5. Love the overall look and ease of use.

Pros

Easy product to integrate and use. I enjoy the ability to use datasets!

Cons

Sometimes, the fields have to be deleted and re-entered for use in some reports.

Duwane S.

We use Informer for all our reporting from our Datatel Database

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive. Meets our reporting needs. Little training required for new users to get started.

Vlad M.

• Customer Support Software

Best tool for creating super interactive data visualizations and reports!

Reviewed on 03/10/2020

Great product with excelent team behind it

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use with a lop of very powerful features

Cons

Unlimited possibilities to extend and customize

Mike J.

• Customer Support Software

Informer is a great product. It is easy to use, easy to set up, and Entrinisk offers A+...

Reviewed on 08/04/2016

I am completely satisfied with Entrinisk and their product Informer.

Pros:
- no consultant/vendor support required to have an environment up and running within an hour
- never have issues with stability or unexpected downtime
- when you have questions, Entrinisk's support is extremely fast at responding, and they typically get it right the first time.
- Reasonably priced compared to other reporting solutions
- report on many different database types
- can combine data from multiple data sources into a single report
- can report off of data housed in it's own data(ie # of reports ran, access etc)
- import/export capabilities to share reports across organizations
- scheduling reports is easy
... I could go on and on...

Cons:
Honestly I cannot think of any.

Dean N.

• Customer Support Software

Great, Easy to use, easy to upgrade reporting tool

Reviewed on 13/10/2015

We have been a long time customer of Informer and as the Administrator, I have found Informer's flexibility and central dissemination of reports fantastic. We just purchased Dashboards and are currently rolling it out to our customers so that our executives can have visual reporting at their fingertips. We had an issue with another database and were unable to use the tool it came with. We were told there was no way to integrate it with our Student Information System. No problem. Within ten minutes, I had it hooked up with Informer and now we have weekly uploads emailed directly to a staff member for processing. We have saved two hours a week of work time with a single report that took less than an hour to set up from scratch.

Gail H.

• Customer Support Software

Best Reporting Software I have ever used.

Reviewed on 13/10/2015

Informer is one of those rare pieces of software that combines ease of use with great customer service. Even loading and maintaining this software is simple and straight forward. Each upgrade that Entrinsik sends is helpful and addresses issues that help make the software more useful. Reports are simple and straight forward to build but can be as complicated as you would like them to be. Love using this product.

Ann F.

• Customer Support Software

Infomer is a powerful data manager

Reviewed on 13/10/2015

There is a learning curve with Infomer, however, once you get a few hurdles done it can be a significant report writer and provide you with different analytics.

Deborah K.

We love our Informer!

Reviewed on 14/10/2015

Pros - Easy to use. Easy to teach.
Can attach to and connect with several databases not of the same type - Unidata with SQL.

Cons - .

Jose D.

Flexible, easy to use

Reviewed on 13/10/2015

Informer has allowed our institution to build queries and reports with a shared understanding among school officers.

Jennifer B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Powerful Tool for Database Reporting

Reviewed on 05/10/2020

Overall I really have no complaints. The customer service is extremely responsive and the software itself is constantly be improved and enhanced. We've used Informer for over 10 years and the product of today is far superior to what we started with. Also, the support team really listens to user feedback and tries to incorporate as many suggestions as possible into new releases.

Pros

I like the fact that Informer is able to connect to various databases which makes reporting seamless to the end user. We are currently using it for unidata, SQL and mySQL. Being able to create reports that pull from one or even all 3 databases simultaneously using a web interface has really allowed us to put the power of reporting into the hands of our users and reduced the reliance on IT to create custom reports using Colleague, or another web interface.

Cons

The online documentation is not as extensive as many other products. There is a help center, but it seems as though most clients prefer to email support to have questions answered rather than post it to an online forum. I think the biggest improvement that could be made is really building up the forums to make it easier to share resources and get answers to more simple questions.

Arlo M.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Great BI tool at an affordable price

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

We have had some difficulties setting up Informer 5, but the support has been very good, both knowledgeable and timely.

Pros

I like that it's an affordable tool for a smaller company. It is intuitive to set up reports and dashboards and being able to report across multiple data sources is key.

Cons

There are features in Informer 4 that I need (comma-separated filters), so until that exists I have to use both Informer 4 and Informer 5. It would be better to be able to just use 5 for everything.

Iqbal K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to Use and User Friendly

Excellent for Dashboards and reporting

Pros

ease of use and user friendly best for price/performance ratio

Cons

Intergration with other business process is easy to handle

Tableau

MicroStrategy Analytics
Jesse O.

• Customer Support Software

Infomer is intuitive to use and easy to install and deploy across multiple databases

Reviewed on 13/10/2015

I recently selected Entrinsik Informer to fill a need for real time and scheduled reporting in a distribution environment with Infor SX.e (ERP), Infor Storefront (Ecommerce), TWL (Warehouse Logistics) Tour de Force (CRM), and a new Infor Proof of Delivery product.

Software installation and connecting to various data sources was very easy and support was very helpful. I was in production with the product literally within days and without a drawn-out, expensive, resource intensive implementation. Their people are absolutely top-notch.

Out of the box, the product is pretty much a blank slate. That's was exactly what I was looking for. It is not a prebuild set of management tools/reports/dashboards that are already integrated with my specific ERP.

You will want to have some knowledge of your databases if there is not a mapping suite already available. That has not been a problem for the platforms/dbs I've mentioned but it's something to be mindful of.

Also it would be helpful to know javascript for certain field calculations - I've never really worked with javascript before and it's something I've picked up while working with the product.

Overall, I'm a really big fan of the product. Pretty much right out of the gate, I was building near real time alerts for conditions that required action throughout the day, I was building reports and dashboards for a Proof of Delivery app that is in development and for which those tools just didn't exist yet in the app. I created reporting that helps keep customer data consistent between ERP, CRM and ecommerce systems. I was able to create loss prevention alerts on access to sensitive databases. I've pretty much accomplished in the first few months what I set out to do with the product initially and now, I'm working on finding new ways to use the product.

I will say that one specific advantage to the product and one that I can ROI the thing with all by itself is in managing user licenses for other products. I have been able to use the 'Live Excel' capability to give access to real time queries from various dbs without having to pay for/manage additional user licenses for other products.

I recommend the product and look forward to collaborating with other users.