Doodle

Russell S
Russell S

Powerful, yet simple!

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Quickly deciding meeting times with groups of people - highly satisfied!

Quickly deciding meeting times with groups of people - highly satisfied!

Pros

It can be extremely difficult to arrange/schedule meetings, appointments, and events when multiple people are involved. But the brilliant thing about Doodle is that it does the hard work for you! Here's what I love the best:
- In a matter of a few moments, you can create a poll of options or available meeting times. I can quickly send a link to teammates, who can quickly and easily access the poll and begin to select times that work. What's more is that they can also see other times that have been selected, so I feel like they are more willing to cooperate (if that makes sense).
- This removes text or email chains that go on, and on, and on without end... until we finally come to the conclusion that there's never a good time for everyone to meet up. (After wasting a day.)
- It's absolutely free. I can't believe it. I would think they could be making money with user fees off of this fantastic idea/platform, but no - it's free!
- It's quite simple and intuitive. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles, but that's great. There doesn't need to be advanced features.
- It's easy to use for the first time. It's not overly complex.
- You are notified when responses come in, and you ultimately get to control the meeting time.
- This is somewhat random, but you can be very specific with meeting points. Want to meet at 12:02? Perfect. Want a meeting to end at 9:07... Doodle will do that, too.
- Can link or access your Gmail contacts - fabulous feature!

Cons

There's really nothing to complain about in my opinion. It's a simple designed platform that accomplishes it's goal. Some potential updates to consider would be adding "most commonly used emails," though, that would be helpful. Another idea is build in some sort of Skype, Hangouts, or FaceTime feature if an individual is unable to attend at the appointed time. I realize that gets complicated, though, and is not Doodle's problem to solve!

donald

Gamechanger

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

Since the pandemic started, Doodle has been the only thing that makes us schedule events. I social media groups it is really complicated and everything gets messed up. Doodle really put an end to social media madness since I discovered it.

Pros

Very easy to create a digital schedules, only one click away. Sharing it with other people couldn't be easier (I really don't see how). In general everything about this software can be summarized by the words "easy and convenient".

Cons

On of the problems I experienced is that when people without a doodle account vote on something, it can be easily changed by other people.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Makes scheduling easy!

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

I've had a wonderful experience with Doodle so far, and hopefully this will continue! Doodle has made scheduling so much easier for me and my organization, I also use it outside of my work and in my personal life. It has also saved me so much time in having to talk to people and organize stuff which takes forever!

Pros

I looveee using Doodle when I'm organizing an event (be it a meeting, a work event, or even an after work hangout!). It is just so convenient to send the link to everybody with some suggested times and they fill it out, then we find the one where all or most people can attend, rather than going around and asking for people's availability which takes so much time and effort and is so inefficient. It also helps convert the times if the link is sent to someone in a different timezone which is amazing. Doodle is just so simple to use and efficient that gives me an incentive to take the lead in scheduling events!

Cons

I think the user page is quite basic, and could look a little better in terms of design, artwork and colors. Sometimes, I also find it quite difficult to look for an event after I've put in my availability, imagine how messy it will be with many Doodles going on at the same time. I just wish there was an easier way to store all the events in a more organized way that is easy for me to find them.

Ahmed

Review to doodle

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Doodle helped me scheduling the group meetings. However, for 1:1 meetings, it's better to use Google Calendar Schedule directly.

Pros

It helps you quickly find the most suitable time for large teams.

Cons

If you have more than 1 calendar, you can't sync them all with your account.

Houssein
  • Industry: Political Organization
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Houssein houssainy doodle

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Pros

It's a good solution to a problem we have when we chat and want to schedule on a meeting rather than sending a message we can vote and It's easy to use and understand

Cons

It solve a real solution that we have in large politcal groups

WILLIAM
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Disappointing & Stopped Using

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Poor, and the support staff is not helpful. This is a product where money is made on scale not on service. Doodle refused to return my money. So, it is not a satisfaction or able to actually use the system type guarantee. I have to admit I did not use it much during the trial period and assumed it would work, and I bought it. Make sure you do use the trial period aggressively so you know you like it before you pay and are then not able to get your money back after not being satisfied.

Pros

The pros of the system is the potential it has to aid business.

Cons

I was never able to get the system fully deployed and was not able to use it even once with a client. It was not helpful.

Max

Doodle Review

Reviewed on 01/11/2023

Pros

Doodle is a powerful project management tool that takes the time and risk out of scheduling group appointments. I like it so much because it significantly reduces the burden related to scheduling meetings in large groups.

Cons

There are no cons to Doodle, other than it is a 'one trick pony'. In my view, it has a very narrow but incredibly useful use case.

Amanda
  • Industry: Hospitality

Makes group scheduling so much easier

Reviewed on 28/10/2023

Pros

My go to solution when trying to arrange a meeting or event with a diverse group of people - very easy to set up

Cons

Some people still don’t understand that they should select all dates they are available rather than their preferred date. Is there a way to make this clearer with eg prompts?

Brian
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Brian S. Review of Doodle

Reviewed on 12/11/2023

Pros

Very easy to use. Great value. Easy for people I send polls or scheduling requests to use.

Cons

Less complex than other ones, but ease of use makes it a frequent go to.

• Industry: Information Services

The best tool for scheduling events

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Pros

Doodle is intuitive and easy to use and has a convenient Outlook add-in that I use regularly.

Cons

Not that convenient to use on the phone.

Angela
Angela
  • Industry: Human Resources Software

How to simplify the process of scheduling appointments with clients with Doodle

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

As a career coach, I frequently use Doodle to schedule appointments and meetings with my clients. I have to say, I'm really satisfied with this online scheduling tool.One of the things I love about Doodle is how easy it is to use. When I organize coaching groups, I can create a poll with different dates and times, and then share the poll with my clients to let them vote on the best option. The results are automatically updated in real-time, which makes it easy to find the most suitable time for everyone.Another great feature of Doodle is how it integrates with popular calendar applications like Google Calendar. This makes it really convenient for me to schedule and manage my events, as all the information is automatically synced with my calendar.One thing that's particularly useful for me as a career coach is the ability to add a description to each poll. This allows me to provide additional information to my clients about what we'll be discussing in each meeting or appointment. A great, easy-to-use tool!

Pros

As a career coach, I frequently use Doodle to schedule appointments and meetings with my clients.One of the things I love about Doodle is how easy it is to use. When organizing coaching groups, I can create a poll with different dates and times, and then share the poll with my clients to let them vote on the best option. The results are automatically updated in real-time, which makes it easy to find the most suitable time for everyone.

Cons

At the moment, I don't find downsides, because it helps me to manage what I need.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Essential for choosing the best dates & times to meet as a group

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I love Doodle. Choosing the best dates and times to meet has never been easier. Next time you need to schedule a meeting or a group dinner, Doodle it.

Pros

We've all been in a group text or email chain trying to figure out what date and times work best for everyone. It's impossible to keep track of who can meet when! That's where doodle comes in as your group's best option. Doodle allows you to create a poll with dates and/or times of your choosing. You then send that Doodle link via email or text message to your group of friends. They simply click the link, type in their name, and click on all the dates/times they can meet. Once everyone has voted, it is easy to see what dates/times work for the most amount of people.
The best thing about Doodle is that it is free for everyone. There's nothing to download. You simply click a link. After doing so, the instructions are crystal clear. There is basically no learning curve. And no one has to keep track of who said what date and what time because Doodle will present that information for you in a very simple way.
Also, you can choose whether everyone can see what dates others chose or not. You can even choose to limit the # of votes each person has if you wish to.

Cons

One of the cons is that if you want to put a deadline on your poll, you're going to have to pay for it by being a premium doodle user. This is not such a big deal because you can just tell your friends to vote by a certain date... but we all have those slackers in our groups who decide not to vote until it is already too late.
Another con is that Doodle's homepage has become increasingly cluttered as it attempts to add features to its premium users (for organizers and for businesses over 1,000 people). It's simple enough to filter through to create your poll though.

• Customer Support Software

So much better than confusing and never ending e-mail chains

Reviewed on 13/08/2018

My Ph.D. dissertation meetings are required every 6-12 months and it is really hard to get my entire dissertation committee together on a whim. Since professors are extremely busy people and don't really have time for a bunch of e-mails, Doodle software makes my and their lives so much easier.

Pros

Have you ever tried to get a bunch of science professors to meet in the same room at the same time for a few hours? It's like herding cats, but luckily there is Doodle. The best part about Doodle is that I don't have to e-mail people back and forth to try to coordinate an event from multiple perspectives. Doodle eliminates ambiguity and allows everyone to see everyone else's exact availability for multiple weeks at a time which saves time and effort. It is so interesting to me that meetings can be scheduled really without any words from any of the participants, and I think that is beautiful. Bonus points for not having to try to sound really smart in multiple e-mails to people who are way smarter than you.

Cons

The calendar syncing function seems like it could be a really good idea, but I have had some trouble syncing up all of my calendars in the past and I usually can't see any of my events on there. I'm not quite sure what the function is supposed to do but there is no explanation and I felt like it was not super intuitive.

Easy and Organized

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Overall it is a simple tool that serves one purpose, to make it easier for everyone involved to find a convenient date for parties, meetings, appointments, trips etc. Instead of going back and forth in an endless email thread we simply need to simply fill the time that works for best for us. It saves time, it is less hassle and improves communication. Also great to sync schedules with people you do not see very often but need to work with.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use the tool to collaborate with others in order to find their availability for example. We are a lot of young people in the company I work at and Doodle is always the first step when it comes to organizing events and out of the office parties. Considering we are all busy with friends, exams and nights out Doodle makes it super easy and fast to find out a time and day that best works for all of us. The tool is very user friends and simple, there is almost no way to get confused about what you need to do even if you are not tech savvy.

Cons

My main dislike is that there is no option to change the dates with text, it would be great if I can select if we want to vote for date or venue or activity. Also, it would be better if dates on the checklist were shown at once. Of course there is the expand button, but I think it should be expanded by default when there are lot of options to choose from. Would be nice if the calendar view is improved as well, similar UI to the monthly/weekly Google Calendar type of view would be a great improvement and will also make it easier to use, and it will make the tool look less messy and unorganized.

India
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Happy When Colleagues use Doodle

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Pros

Doodle is a great tool to easily evaluate availability and schedule meetings for large, busy groups. The ability to customize times and the intuition built into Doodle-if I schedule a request for three hours then three hours translates to every subsequent date I select, makes this a great tool. Each invitee can see the response of others which can lend to being more flexible in your choices, and enhances getting a group to consensus on a date and time to meet. You can be proficient at using Doodle in a matter or minutes, both as a user and as an administrator. I love this product so much that I use it in business and also in setting up family events. There are three plans available, and if you are a casual user the free version should serve you well.

Cons

Plans are priced well, and the ability to remove ads and enhance communication with the premier version is very nice. A con of the free version is the weird ads you see running in the back ground as you are using the tool. However, not bothersome enough to change my favorable opinion of this great scheduling tool.

Fernando
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Simple and intuitive tool

Reviewed on 14/09/2023

Pros

Doodle has helped me a lot when it comes to scheduling group meetings and events. Its simplicity and intuitive interface make it very easy to use. The ability to create polls and have participants vote on their preferred meeting times saves a lot of email back and forth. In addition, Doodle offers integration with the most popular calendar applications, which helps keep everyone on the same page.

Cons

A drawback is that some advanced features, like tracking responses to multiple options, are only available in paid plans

Justin

• Customer Support Software

The software that makes life & scheduling easy!

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Doodle is a game-changer. In our busy lives and days, Doodle allows for us to schedule accurately and fairly. It eliminates the guesswork and time it would otherwise take to determine times that work best for all. Best of all, it's accessible via the palm of our hands and takes seconds to create. I can't imagine my day-to-day without Doodle and where I'd be if it wasn't for this amazing solution-solving software.

Pros

The absolute best thing about using Doodle is that our entire organization and stakeholders love participating in it! We all use Doodle and most importantly, it makes our lives easy and guarantees buy-in and participation in order to pick the optimal meeting and scheduling times.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Doodle. It is easy, efficient, and well-like by all!

John
John
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The Simplicity of Doodle Outweighs Any Features Lacking

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

Overall, the ease of use and the simplicity of Doodle outweighs any failings or lack of features. I can send the polls to many participants without having to train them on how to respond. It is pretty intuitive, and allows me to pool responses from a large group of people who are both inside and outside my organization. This makes scheduling meetings with people from various organizations or groups much easier.

Pros

I liked most the simplicity of Doodle. I can set up a Doodle poll easily and either email to participants, or copy a link and email it myself. It is easy to compare answers, and it is user-friendly for participants and colleagues who are not as tech savvy.

Cons

The poll is limited in options, and if you are suggesting multiple dates and times over many weeks or months, the poll becomes a bit tedious and time consuming to build. Also there is little space to customize questions among certain days.

Sadie
Sadie

Doole Review

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Doodle has benefitted my professional career by making finding a meeting time with a large number of colleagues relatively simple! There are not too many features of the product that make it confusing or hard to use. I have been on both sides of creating the poll and completing the poll and it has been a relatively easy software to use.

Pros

Doodle is very easy to use and can make scheduling a meeting time or event for a large group of individuals very efficient. It is a pretty self-explanatory tool and no training is required. You can also utilize a lot of the features with the free version.

Cons

There are some features of Doodle that could be improved, such as how events times/dates are scheduled. It is not very intuitive at first about how to select multiple days and times that individuals who complete the poll can choose from! Sometimes it takes some digging to find the feature you are looking for. Also, there are more beneficial features that are only offered through the paid subscription.

Aquline

• Customer Support Software

Best software out there for group projects

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Great experience.

Great experience.

Pros

Easy to use, best software for group work, polls, projects etc. I used it most days when I was at university and I still use it for tutoring. It helps my students to choose the time they want, add anything or edit while I am having a look at it too.
Easier to edit in real time when you are working with a large group that isn't in the same place.

Cons

Nothing. The software is amazing and doesnt have a limit of documents you can share or people who can access it. Makes projects very easy to do

ako

My trustworthy software

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

good and perfect software.

good and perfect software.

Pros

Participants have the possibility to choose their own time and meeting preferences. This software also facilitates decision making for the organization or management of an event, making appointments and decisions very easily and quickly.

Cons

Too many ads on the web version within the software.

Fabrice
Fabrice
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

My opinion on doodle

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

I had seen this application with one of its partners and I said to myself "why not try it", immediately say immediately do. I tried the free version and it was a real surprise but a little disappointed because ads but otherwise it's really good.

Pros

Advantages:

The software is free, ergonomic and functional
Registration is not compulsory
One can easily choose a meeting date that suits all participants.
Possibility to see the answers of other participants
Possibility to carry out polls and the poll can be exported in Excel or saved in PDF.
Does not require online registration
There is no limit to the number of participants to invite.

Cons

Its disadvantages:

Creating the form is tedious and not easy for a beginner.
Cannot attach a file.
And there is too much advertising.

• Customer Support Software

Strongly recommend- it's free and more users, more functionality to come!

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Pros

It's free!!! I probably use Doodle once a week. It's the easiest program I've found to quickly make and distribute scheduling polls to multiple people. The developers have done a great job at making the program very easy to use and with just the right functionality for what you're looking for. We've actually started using Doodle for shift schedules so that our part time staff can easily sign up for shifts. It has worked wonderfully so far, we are very pleased. They put out new functionality fairly frequently, which is nice.

Cons

Biggest issue I have with this program is that you can edit an entry once you submit it. This makes things challenging when schedules or thoughts change. Other than that, the features aren't the most robust, but for a free program, you can't complain.

Shavon
Shavon
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Doodle

Reviewed on 25/11/2018

Pros

I have mainly used this for scheduling 1:1 sessions with students. Doodle has made that easy to do. I can provide multiple available times and send the link to my students and they can get in where they fit in. This takes the stress off of reaching and trying to schedule individual sessions with 15-17 students.
There is also a mobile app and that have provided some convenience.

I've also used the service when others are trying to plan meetings. I like ease of use of trying to find mutual available times for meetings. And it gives the option of allowing people to remain anonymous.

Cons

The functionality of this product can take some time to get comfortable with. I find that it takes me more time to put together my doodle than I anticipate, however, it's not something that has kept me from using it.

Shana
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used for Free Trial

Why?

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

It was fine - easy to use and also easily integrated with 365 and Slack. That said, it wasn't the most useful software in the world - nothing a simple survey or sign up sheet in the break room can't handle.

Pros

Doodle is easy to use, intuitive and has some fun features (paid). It's a freemium app, so you can go ahead and schedule your meetings (or softball games) without paying, but if you fork out a few bucks each month you can access logos and branding, integration with Slack and a few other features.
Overall, it's a nice app to have if you need to create a poll to ask employees when they want to meet. It's user-friendly, actually has a pretty attractive interface and you can't beat free.

Cons

While Doodle is easy to use and a good way to get everyone's opinion on when a meeting should be held, my question is, "why?" Maybe I'm old school, but one of the perks of being "the boss" is that you set a meeting time and your employees show up. Simple as that. If you absolutely must ask for your employees' feedback, there are quite a few options out there - SurveyMonkey comes to mind first - that will allow you to just shoot over an email, collect your poll data and that's that. None of this hand-holding stuff.
That said, I can see how this application would be useful for more recreational purposes. For instance, "What day works best for you for the holiday party?" or "Which day and time works best for you for team softball practice?" Other than that, I didn't really find too much useful about this software.