Engagement Cloud

Omnichannel customer engagement platform.

4.3 /5 (161 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
Industry: Banking
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Brilliant mailing platform.

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Pros

I like the Dotmailer support team , they were very helpful while we first began using this solution and they have been helpful at every step during these past few months.As a sales and marketing specialist ; I was able to reference the Dotmailer support team approach to my team ,as an example of how to provide effective product support to users.
I have got very little knowledge of html and I have been able to use this solution to create newsletters still ,all thanks to their easy editor which removes the need to leverage on a programming background to get work done. I must admit though ,that for my marketing colleagues who have got a better programming knowledge ; they create better newsletter templates than I do.
It has an high email delivery ratio and we are able to monitor the number of recipients who opened our newsletter emails.

Cons

Dotmailer pricing is on the high side when compared with substitute products.However , with the amount of quality support we have gotten so far ; it does not matter ,as far as it keeps getting the job done for us.

Simon S.
Industry: Printing

Email Marketing Managed.

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Pros

I cannot sing the praises of Dotmailer enough, by far the best email marketing tool out there. All our outbound promotional email marketing is managed through the portal along with several of our clients too

Cons

Not being able to create our own bespoke auto responses without contacting Dotmailer themselves to do it.

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Good email marketing platform for a reasonable price

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Dotmailer helped us send much more effective marketing campaign emails. Audience segmentation is easier than before.

We're now sending personalized triggered campaigns to customers.

Our transactional emails are now templated and much easier to update.

Emails view better on mobile devices.

Company was overall pleasant to work with through onboarding process.

Pros

Full-featured email platform at a cost lower than most competitors.

UI is straightforward and functional, relatively fast. I don't have much trouble finding what I'm looking for.

Onboarding, knowledge base, and technical support meant I learned the platform pretty quickly. Technical support has always replied quickly and is usually helpful.

Program builder for triggered emails is easy to use, and powerful.

Segmentation tool works well.

Able to template and send all our transactional emails at no additional cost.

Cons

Reporting could be improved. We can't figure out how to link to our Google Analytics account.

Easyeditor for emails is OK. Would prefer something more robust with more even more features.

Sometimes pages load slow through the UI.

Rudy P.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent Email Automation for Magento

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

If you are looking for a simple to use email automation system with Magento, it is probably one of the top choice. However if you are handy and like to create your own logic and unique segmentation from your email interaction, it may not be sophisticated enough.

Pros

It works well if you are using Magento as your e-commerce platform. It is easy to use and the integration logic with Magento is very simple to execute. The package also comes with survey forms, SMS and ability to create landing pages.

If you are new to email automation, this system may be a good start to get you familiar with logics and scheduling.

Cons

The integration is nice to setup, however it may slow down the overall system. If you like to run various dynamic values, the system may give up (you will receive email from the admin if "your campaign has been cancelled"). The issue is there is no warning when you setup the logic if it may cause issue. It just happens when you set the schedule and let it runs.

Another issue is the survey form only allows you to send the acknowledgment to 1 email address only.

Lastly the system integration to other platform is not as fluid as to Magento . It claims if it works with Salesforce, Shopify etc. However they are limited on data integration and capabilities.

Samantha G.

Best Emailing Software

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Pros

The ease of use. Setting up the design of emails is super easy compared to other softwares I've used. When I used Bronto Iwould have to set up the template using code. But on dotmailer I can easily drag and drop photos and text wherever I please and can quickly adjust colors, boarders, and spacing. It also has unique dynamic content options allowing you to pull things from your site and display them on the email. My favorite dynamic content feature is how you are able to have images/text change depending on who is opening the email. I often would send out offers with domestic only shipping and a separate one for international shipping, but using dotmailer I can have these both in the same email but depending on where I customer is located they see the offer relevant to them.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Dotmailer is that when sending an email to a specific group of contacts you are unable to choose another group of contacts to exclude from the send. (So overlapping contacts won't receive an email)

Travis R.

Comprehensive feature set, great upgrade from Chimp!

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

Magento integration, segmentation and advanced subscriber targeting.

Pros

The Magento integration is terrific, you can really give your subscribers email offers tailored to their interests. That's such a crucial part of email marketing. The added bonus of the surveys and module/opt-in forms are amazing for a product in this price range. Listrak is charging one of my clients 20k/yr extra for some of the features baked into Dotmailer. I'll be moving them over to DM soon.

Cons

Once in a while I have some integration issues or glitches but support has been very responsive. Most of the common featureset works flawlessly.

Susan W.

I've been a DotMailer user for years, and have found this system to be one of the most reliable.

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

Pros

Ease of use, and reliability. I like the automation features. Support is readily available. Well priced.

Cons

I'd like an easier way to resubscribe people from the unsubscribed list. We have people forget they unsubscribed, and getting them back into the system is a lot of work. Also, we're having issues on how emails look when we forward them. The formatting gets all wonky.

Industry: Construction

Reliable

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Pros

This is a great application for building e-mails. It's so easy to drag and drop in codes and attachments. The preview feature is also amazing. I love knowing what my customers will see. That's a huge plus to getting their attention and looking professional also. The e-mail automation programs are a life-saver! I could go on for days!

Cons

There are a couple features that are missing but I'm sure they will catch up and take care of that!

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Competitive pricing, flexible API works with our custom CRM, responsive customer support

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Much better email personalization.

Pros

Includes most features competitors offer but at a lower cost. GUI is straightforward and easy to learn. Good API support that works with our custom CRM. Customer support replies quickly and always seems knowledgeable. Online knowledgebase is comprehensive. Campaign reporting was recently improved.

Cons

WYSIWYG email editor is sometimes cumbersome to use. Tracking sales results requires linking the account to Google Analytics, would prefer something built-in. Servers based in the UK caused some timestamp issues for our US-based business.

Mike P.

We use it for our current campaigns and we enjoy it

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

The UI is responsive, effective and looks great. The site gives good interaction feedback so we know where issues with campains might exist.

Cons

The cost seems a bit high, but well within reason, and comparable to bronto in almost every way. Add a bit more value for cost and you did beat out bronto all day.

Industry: Retail

Great Software With Expansive Capabilites

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

The dotmailer team is exceptional. Really responsive and easy to work with.

Pros

I love the automation features. The more you use it, the more advanced and creative you can get. We have already tripled the amount of emails we send but decreased the work in 1/2.

Cons

It does require a developer to implement into your site, do datafield building, and make sure your email code is clean. Dotmailer does have a creative team that can assist with email design for an added fee.

Barbara A.
Industry: Oil & Energy
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

I can prepare a newsletter in a few hours with no frustration, it looks wonderful, and mailing easy.

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

Ability to create a weekly newsletter where all the announcments are easy to read and access instead of several separate communications during the week. So much easier.

Pros

It is very user friendly, uploading documents and picture is easy and mailing is just as easy as using

Cons

After using this program for several years now, I haven't found anythng about dotmailer I like least

so far the best esp

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

more sales than with any other ESP

Pros

i like the logic building mechanism for program and how deep they can go - i also like the ease at which it connect to magento

Cons

the template builder is not the most user-friendly but once you get accustomed to it it's better - basically it has some quirks

Grégory M.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Dotmailer

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

It's preatty easy to use and it's easy to find info on how to create campaigns or automation online.

Cons

At first it's not simple to catch all features included in the software... But again really easy to find all the info you need.

Cariel G.

Dotmailer is a robust email system for our ecommerce needs for customer acquisition and retainment

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Dotmailer helps us maintain our email database, segment customers and send out targeted emails to new and existing customers we want to reach.

Pros

Great tool for segmenting different email groups and setting up automatic trigger email campaigns so we can really target the exact customer we want to reach.

Cons

Sometimes hard to figure out how to use without training and more training comes at an extra charge.

Damien F.

Wonderful Platform - Highly recommended

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Pros

Ease of use, good features, wonderful team.

Cons

There's always room for improvement when it comes to features, so they still have some room for development.

John H.
Industry: Environmental Services

We have used several other email marketing platforms, and Dotmailer is my favorite

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Pros

Ease of use, drag and drop editor makes it easy for non-technical people to compose messages. Integration with CRM and Magento are a perfect fit for our needs.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is not being able to specify mobile preview text where you specify the subject line. It used the first line of text from the email.

Industry: Retail

Easy To Use!

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Easy to use for the experienced marketer.

Pros

This is great for detailed email campaigns and drip campaigns. My company uses very detailed campaigns and follows very specific customer journey paths and Dotmailer makes it very easy to do things like this.

Cons

Might be confusing to use for people that have never done email marketing before. I have tried promoting Dotmailer to someone who has never done anything with email before and they were very confused about the entire process.

Nicole B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

11.16.18

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

Love the segmentation and automation features. Haven't used the new preferences section but that also looks like it will be helpful to our marketing.

Cons

I wish dotmailer were connected with Facebook so we could create lead generation ads. Is this something that will be possible in the future?

Josh C.
Industry: Accounting

Dotmailer is the best ESP out there

Reviewed on 17/03/2019

Pros

Dotmailer allows me to create behavioral emails at a level of efficiency that no other ESP provides

Cons

Getting up to speed with all that the platform has to offer will take time

Jessica S.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Great platform for building consumer email marketing programs

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

We have yet to use the full functionality, but overall I've been very please with dotmailer, especially it's automated email program functionality and design tools.

Pros

It's easy to use, especially the design features, and the help resources are very thorough.

Cons

A little bit of a learning curve in integration with our Magento platform (but that's what our website dev company is for).

Dotmailer is a capable email marketing platform with great automation features

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

Easy to integrate with Magento 2
Easy WYSIWYG email design software
Great for coupons and promotions

Cons

Automation can be hard, and sometimes you can't target to customers without an account.
Email code is dirty so fine tune customizations are difficult to implement. I find Mailchimp's template system easier and cleaner than dotmailer's

Melissa W.
Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

pretty easy to use and helpful support

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

the email marketing functionality it so easy to navigate. setting up subject lines and adding emojis.

Cons

CRM programming is a bit tricky and need to walk though with live chat support to set up. Not all options are in front of your face so you have to play around or ask a lot of questions to make sure it is set up properly.

Marcy B.

Dotmailer makes e-mail marketing automation seemless!

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Pros

Dotmailer has made our e-mail marketing blasts a breeze. This program has a very friendly user interface and has definitely cut down the time needed to make and send marketing e-mails to our customers. Dotmailer allows the user to drag and drop content to create beautiful marketing pieces, that can be sent out quickly and with ease. Dotmailer also has great reporting features, to keep track of opt outs, clicks, etc.

Cons

Uploading contacts is not as easier as some of the other programs.
Dotmailer is also a little bit more money than others we have used in the past, but feel it is a more robust program with endless features.

Bree A.

Great upgrade. Need more training

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Pros

It is an upgrade from our previous software. It is very easy to create campaigns. The drip campaign program creator is a little challenging.

Cons

The training process should be more thorough. There are not enough details or topics covered in training. Leads to mistakes.