dotdigital Engagement Cloud

Omnichannel customer engagement platform.

4.3 /5 (162 reviews) Write a Review!

Jennifer K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

As a new user of the Dotmailer software, I quickly found that it is user-friendly and robust .

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

I was quickly able to build my skill in creation of emails, reach a wider audience, and push relevant content to the email list.

Pros

I enjoy the drag-and-drop campaign builder and segmentation that are offered, I find that our organization can go back regularly to templates and rebuild similarly styled emails. I also find that Dotmailer helps us reach our audience in the most sophisticated way through Programs that are uniquely tailored to the email subscriber.

Cons

I would like for there to be a few tweaks to the address book and segment functionality. I feel in some ways the system requires you to choose one or the other, when I'd like to be able to use a segment vs. an address book. I also would like it to be easier to select campaigns in the segment builder-- i.e. pin selected campaigns at the top.

Judson H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A great platform, if this was 2009 and not 2017

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

A lesson in vetting platforms that claim to be solutions more thoroughly before proceeding. Other than that, I cannot think of another benefit.

Pros

The analytics on each email campaign. It is nice to get a visual report following the performance of the email campaign.

Cons

Other than the campaign reports, I have a problem with just about everything else with this platform, particularly the customer service but I suppose that that is not the question here. The platform itself is wildly outdated, seemingly by intention because they will offer you custom templates but with an extremely high cost and they will request that you fill out so much information that you've already done half of the work for them. The drag-and-drop feature is not unique in 2017, which I see is the most frequent positive thing others have to say about it, but the fact that there is no auto-save is absolutely absurd. The platform is also buggy when trying to adjust background colors and with editing photos post-upload. Raising issues to customer service only led to them pointing fingers at me for supposedly not knowing how to use the product and not even once led to a solution.

Chante W.

• Customer Support Software

Dotmailer does a great job!

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

I use Dotmailer to stay in contact with our clients current and new. I love using the automation feature to get our surveys out with out several steps.

Pros

The ease of use if what I like the most about the software. I can build a campiagn quickly and easily.

Cons

I would like it if the learning curve for the automation was a bit smaller. It took me awhile to get the hang of how the design feature works.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Plays well with Magento 2 and is relatively inexpensive but lacks bells & whistles other ESPs...

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

for basic blast campaigns it works fine and integrates pretty easily with Magento.

Pros

Integrates well with Magento 2, relatively straightforward workflow tool and WYSIWIG email editing. Creating custom segments is fairly straightforward too.

Cons

Needs better personalization options. Lacks machine learning for customer segments & LTV tools which other ESPs like Listrak and Emarsys have. Very poor implementation of time-of-day optimization feature -- you still can't schedule an optimized send in advance which makes the feature essentially useless in practice.

Rustan R.

• Customer Support Software

We love Dotmailer. It's easy to use, cost-effective, and has the features that benefit our...

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Pros

List segmentation and data gathering make it easy for us to target the people who are most likely to buy. The development team works hard to continuously improve the platform, so there are lots of new features with each release, so it feels like it's never getting stagnant or underperforming from other platforms on the market.

Cons

My only disappointment was in onboarding we weren't brought up to speed on best practices in "warming up" our list, so we destroyed our sender reputation, had to start over, and still probably didn't do it quite right. Intense training upfront on this subject would be most helpful to new users.

Mark C.

My dotdigital Review

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

It has gotten the job and then some, however, we selected this tool because our CRM developer told us we had to. Otherwise, highly likely we would have gone with another player.

Pros

- Ease of building emails
- Ease of managing contacts

Cons

- Some offerings are siloed to certain parts of the system (i.e. countdown clock)
- One-off emails & triggered email separation is a bit clunky
- The account manager is not incredibly helpful/insightful

Corey D.

Great ESP for Mid-Market eCommerce

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

It is a great platform for mid-market eCommerce companies, or even non-eCommerce companies that are looking for a more advanced feature set, such as automation, integration with platforms like Magento, Shopify, and BigCommerce. It is comparable to a Klaviyo platform.

Pros

- Robust feature set compared to SMB platforms like MailChimp or Campaign Monitor
- Easy(ish) to use email template builder
- Good support

Cons

- Have had more issues with deliverability than some other platforms, nothing too major though
- With a more complex platform it is naturally harder to use, however that is unavoidable
- There are some limitations with respect to user behaviour data storage limits

• Customer Support Software

Very good, when we are experiencing issues, it doesn't matter the day or hour, the support...

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

Its drag and drop feature is very helpful, also saving templates is another feature i like about the program.

Cons

reporting are to general, i wish the report could be seen by a specific time frame, this helps check how our users react to our emails in the long run.

• Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for growing businesses

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

It is great, I have a connector from Magento to Dotmailer, it then allows me to use that data in ways I could not manage if I had to try to do it manually​.

Pros

It is easy to use, customer support is fantastic, I have a meeting every Tuesday morning to make sure I am getting the most out of the platform. Our company can now have the marketing feel of a bigger company​ that is helping us grow.

Cons

I would say time to go live, but that was on us. Support has resolved every issue, even when the roadblock was some custom code on our end. Win win

Stacey H.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Dotmailer is EASY PEASY!

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Dotmailer has enabled us to connect our CRM system with our webstore (magento) tool. It has made segmenting easy and seemless. Love it!

Pros

The software is easy to use and the drop and drag features make this simple for anyone to learn. I can create a new template in minutes.

Cons

Not much to be honest. I have not had any issues with it so can't really say anything negative.

Taylor H.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

easy, exciting, valuable, and fun!

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

800% increase in revenue from abandoned carts, compared to our old program
Simple and easy segmentation and no need to manually segment people in an excel sheet.

Pros

The level of segmentation you can get down to is amazing and beneficial. Segmentation has proven to be a huge success for us in our emails.

The program feature because you can set up many programs and and let them run right away with no hassle.

With our past software, we had to manually send a lot of things including abandoned carts and review requests, and it was a long process. The integration of Magento is fantastic.

Our dotmailer contact is very responsive and fast when we have questions--sometimes she answers within 3 minutes! That level of customer help is great.

Cons

The logic behind the programs sometimes gets tricky to understand. Luckily our dotmailer rep can normally help with this.

Basiirat A.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Dotmailer drivers our email marketing campaigns.

Reviewed on 23/08/2018

We use Dotmailer to maintain a close relationship with our customers via emails,even when they are not currently patronizing us. Ensuring they will always have us in mind.

Pros

We migrated to Dotmailer from Bronto late last year and the difference was immediately clear. Dotmailer provides a clean and organized user interface making it very intuitive and thus helpful for users, especially new users. I love the drag and drop email creation feature and this makes it easier for us to create our weekly newsletter as against having to create newsletters from scratch.
The option to send sms to our contacts is an added bonus for Dotmailer.

Cons

I sometime experience Lag on the Dotmailer website. Also when working on newsletters,it will be great for work to be autosaved,ensuring if I suddenly get disconnected from the internet ; I do not need to start all over again.

Mark C.

• Customer Support Software

It has been enjoyable & looking forward to what's to come!

Tools available
Knowledgeable management team
Straight forward reporting and analytics
Easy creation of programs

Cons

Navigation
"Where things live" i.e. standard campaigns vs. triggered campaigns
Integration
Reporting could be a bit more robust for programmed triggered campaigns

Catherine W.

• Customer Support Software

I have really enjoyed using Dotmailer. It is very easy to use and the customer support is...

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Data, tons of data and the ability to segment.

Pros

Definitely, the user-friendly aspect and the ability to pull detailed reporting on a triggered sent or an email. I also like the drag and drop automation builder - very user-friendly and intuitive. One of the best thing though really is the customer service. I have asked countless questions and have always gotten a response immediately - something that other ESPS I have worked with don't have and it really is a problem and can be frustrating especially when something is going wrong in the moment.

Cons

I wish when sending AB tests I could send the test to 100% of people instead of just sending to 60% or less. I also would like to be able to glean more information than just opens and clicks for Transactional emails.

Daphné R.

Primeau Velo

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

I like to design newsletter and I prefer DotMailer to MailChimp.

Pros

Software is userfriendly, I easily find everything I need with the tutorials..

Cons

I have to ask our web agency, sometimes to do integrations.

Chuck G.

Pleasantly surprised

Reviewed on 06/01/2018

Pros

By far, the ease of use. I am not the most technically savvy but the dashboard is very easy to navigate. I have an online jewelry business and my customers have been loving my email promotions and personalized messaging. Very happy with my account rep as well which from my research nobody else was able to offer. If they were it was an additional cost and not built into the monthly. She guides me from basic questions through more advanced automation setups. Very pleased with the service and the company.

Cons

System can get clunky sometimes. Minor stuff like the template editor which requires a browser refresh once in a while.

Christine F.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great Email Program

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Successful so far. Ramp-Up was interesting and received little direction and help during that time.

Pros

We have a very small team of 2 handling marketing so the features and suggestions and sample templates are super helpful! The chat help feature is awesome!!! I can drag and drop boxes and images and link anything with ease. I can also build custom blocks then save those for later use on other emails. If I like my email template, I can save it as a new template to use over and over!

Cons

no copy/pasting from Microsoft office or it will revert back everytime to default settings. I wish I could make changes even after we set it to go.

• Customer Support Software

Power Easy to use email marketing tool at a great price

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

We migrated from another expensive email marketing tool to Dotmailer. Process was transparent with great support from Dotmailer.

Pros

Easy of use by our team
Competitive pricing
API possibilities
Email Programs
Native integration with Magento 2

Cons

Problem re-subscribing customers who unsubscribed in the past due to strict spam control.

• Customer Support Software

Incredibly easy to use with robust reporting

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Pros

It's incredibly easy to build an email campaign and send one out whenever we need. The customization options are fantastic and allow us to maintain our branding while being a little creative with the look. Reporting is robust and gives us all the information we need, but isn't too complicated for someone who's not quite an email marketing expert yet! All in all it's pretty close to perfect.

Cons

Some of the preset templates could be modernized a little more, but it's still easy enough to customize any template to our liking before sending out an email campaign.

Autumn C.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Dotmailer Review 8.24.18

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

Pros

Email builder is fairly easy to use for non-graphic designers.

Cons

-Email builder is not efficient if the creative is designed outside of the platform. ie in photoshop.
-Certain default functions cannot be turned off, overall adding more time to campaign building. ie padding automatically added to uploaded blocks.
-Reporting is not as extensive as it should be - I should be able to look at a certain period of time and know exactly how many new subscribers we received in that period. People who have subscribed - not just emails add
-Asset gallery is just plain bad UX as you cannot read the full name of the assets in the gallery and the organization of the assets is too segmented. Also, layout of gallery is not good.

Ryan V.
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

Cheapest out there, with slightly less features. Best bang for your buck.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

This software saved us lots of money per month. It did require work and customizing, but the documentation allowed for me to easily integrate.

Pros

The Open API & Documentation makes syncing super easy, especially since we use a small CMS for our websites. Creating your own data contact fields makes customizing extremely easy.

Cons

I've been confused looking at the segments of our customers. The dropdown is narrow and hard to find. Sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for because it's hidden in a subfolder.

Scott N.

Good Targeting

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

Pros

Good segmenting and quick sending queue.

Cons

Small glitches and slightly out of date ui.

Debbie G.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

The perfect email marketing platform

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

We're trying to take our email program to the next level while improving usability for staff. I love the combination of a great interface for building campaigns along with robust automation and behavioral marketing tools.

Pros

Ease of use, good onboarding, integration of SMS, landing pages, forms and surveys

Cons

So far, there are very few cons. More templates would be great as the ability to edit custom templates without the markup changing in such a way that mobile is compromised.

Frances P.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Great software that is affordable.

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

Pros

I like that it is easy to customize your own templates without the need of a developer for programming,

Cons

I do not like the automation restrictions for communication with leads who have shown interest via our website but are not yet customers.

Jonathan A.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

I mockup email blasts for co-workers and put together templates for them

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

i can quickly create email blast that my co-workers can follow as templates

Pros

easy to use. as a designer i am able to quickly put together emails for co-workers and they can handle the rounds of edits

Cons

the video tutorials can be difficult to follow for some of my co-workers. the video tutorials are not short enough to just find what you need to learn quickly