iContact

Email marketing & social media marketing software

4.5 /5 (530 reviews) Write a Review!

Trevor K.

A Solid Email Platform

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

I get the ability to reach my customers and turn them into return customers week after week and year after year.

Pros

iContact is easy to use in most cases. There are tons of different templates and creating your own email template is a breeze. If you get one of the Pro plans they'll even help you make templates for future use, so that's great, too.

There are plenty of ways to upload data and keep track of that data. In fact I tend to use iContact to export my data for use on other platforms because it keeps everything so nicely. My point of sale doesn't even allow the breadth of exports and options that iContact does, so it's more than just an email platform to me.

Automation is visually very simple and means that I know I'm reaching my audience at the correct times. I no longer have to manually send each email, and with the automation there are tons of options to segment in addition. This means I'm not sending frivolous emails, so that keeps our open rate high.

Cons

I have three businesses that have to be kept separate and my only big complaint is that I can't copy automation plans or other things back and forth between them. So a lot of time is wasted redoing certain campaigns between the locations.

I also think the social connectivity needs to be updated. Twitter for one is outdated and the actual website allows much more text to be posted than in-app. They're several updates behind on Twitter.

Response from iContact

Hi Trevor! We are thrilled to hear that iContact¿s design services and automation tools make your job easier and your emails more impactful with your customers. At iContact we value being your one stop shop for your email marketing needs. We also appreciate your feedback about copying your automation plans from one platform to another. We¿ve noted this feature and completely understand how it would be helpful. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Lauren B.

• Customer Support Software

iContact helps me be successful at my job

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Pros

iContact is a very user friendly product for anyone. My company sends thousands of emails a week and we are always very pleased with how easy it is to create an email and send it immediately. I also really enjoy the dashboard, it helps me keep track knowing what emails have been sent and what emails I have yet to send. i also appreciate that iContact technology can delete any duplicate people in a contact list. That saves me time from having to go through thousands of people making sure I don't have any duplicates. My customer support is also amazing. My iContact rep. is always so good about getting back to me when I have questions or concerns.

Cons

Sometimes when I am creating a contact list in iContact, I have several excel sheets I need to upload to that one contact list...iContact doesn't let me select multiple excel sheets to upload at once, I have to do one at a time which takes a lot of extra time for me to do.

I also wish I could delete more than one contact list at once.

On the "upload contact" box, I want to be able to see the whole title of my contact list. Sometimes iContact cuts off my list title if it's too long, I would like to see the whole title...

Response from iContact

Hi Lauren! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Our support team loves helping companies like HireLive who make such a tremendous positive impact. As for the concerns you raised about list uploading, we are taking all product improvement comments very seriously and are working to continually improve our product. We currently do allow you to have 5 concurrent uploads at any given time, but you must start the uploads one at a time. And you are correct, we cannot upload multiple sheets from one excel file. We have noted this potential feature, along with multiple list deletion, and title expansion ¿ and we realize its importance. Thank you again and have a great day!

Diane R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Excellent for third party management of accounts

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Customer service is great. I've had four different account managers and all of them have been excellent.

Pros

. I have multiple clients that I do emailing for. I'm able to set up accounts for each one of my clients and keep their information separate. They get their own usernames and passwords and can access statistics while I can manage each accounts list, email design/layout and track and compare results.

Cons

The costs associated with every little add on feature. You often have to buy entire packages to take advantage of a single feature. I would prefer to be able to buy those feature "ala carte".

Response from iContact

Hello Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for us, we greatly appreciate that you took the time.

Patrick C.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

iContact is the superior mass mailing service when it comes to functionality and customer...

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

iContact has been extremely helpful in getting our curated content out to the masses. The user interface makes it easy to create your own personal content to send out and the system provides a fairly comprehensive report of your mailer, which is crucial for anyone working in sales. It gives you an extra edge to know who opens what, how quickly and who is not interested so you can update your CRM accordingly. Great stuff from iContact.

Pros

Off the bat, we previously used a different mass mailing service whose customer support was non-existent so it was essential for us to find a provider that we could get in touch with whenever issues arose. The team at iContact has done a great working with us and helping us through the process of switching over from out other provider. The service works as intended and the user interface is easy enough to use and create content to mail out. Customer service is second to none.

Cons

I don't like that the service is not integrated into salesforce off the bat. We still haven't figured out how to get it done and truthfully, haven't had the motivation or necessity to reach out to customer service about it. When I consider that SalesForce has already endorsed its own proprietary mass mailer, I'm not surprised that there is difficulty with integration.

Response from iContact

Hi Patrick! Thank you so much for your great feedback about our customer service team. They truly are a knowledgeable, dedicated, and friendly group of people. It sounds like you are on our iContact Pro platform which offers Salesforce sync. Thank you for the feedback regarding difficulties with this. We are happy to take it into account as we continue to make iContact even better! In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for further assistance in getting this set up.

Nancy P.

• Customer Support Software

I have been using I contacts for four years. It was an easy tool to learn and great for...

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

This is the main tool I use to do internet marketing to my contact list of more than 3000 clients.

Pros

I can set up email blasts in advance. When I go on vacation, I set up 3 or 4 email blasts in advance that will go out as scheduled! The advance tier customer service is super helpful and easy to get in contact with. I give this company 5 stars on customer support.

Cons

With the latest revisions made, I have fewer critiques. Adding an image can be a little time consuming because jpgs need to be resized to no more than 200 kb. The spell check is a little time consuming. I typically cut and paste all my text into word to look for spelling errors. It's a bit quicker.

Response from iContact

Hi Nancy. It's great to hear that you are using our email scheduling feature! This lets you get everything set up ahead of time so that you don't have to be logged in for the actual sending. We appreciate the feedback about resizing images to 200 kb. We understand that this can take a bit more time. Our goal is to ensure as many of your emails reach inboxes as possible. One way to do that is to ensure image sizes remain small so that messages are not seen as possible spam. We are happy to look further into this to try and speed up the process in a future release. Thank you for being our customer!

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

My experience working with iContact has been extremely positive!

Reviewed on 31/03/2018

Pros

Building workflows is incredibly easy. They take the mystery out of building comprehensive automated workflows that make a marketer's life easier. And the support is amazing. My company's Strategic Advisor is helpful and eager to answer any questions she can. If she doesn't have the answer, she always takes the time to think it through and get back to me with solutions.

Cons

We're having some issues with open/click discrepancies, which is frustrating, but Strategic Advisor assures me the support team is working on a solution. I'd like access to more comprehensive analytics. Strategic Advisor pulls monthly reports for me, but I'd love the ability to pull these reports myself.

Response from iContact

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that your overall experience has been extremely positive. It's also exciting to hear that your Strategic Advisor has been meeting or exceeding your expectations. Thank you for your reporting feedback and suggestions, as well. We're actively working on a new reporting experience and will keep your comments in mind as we're making enhancements. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

Katy J.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Incredible Support, always available via PHONE if needed.

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

One-on-One support, ability to save templates, monthly projects.

Pros

It's practically point and click - if it's not, a simple phone call and it becomes that! I love having a 'person' connected to our account - so I may frequently utilize their expertise. Many other companies do NOT offer phone help - which is a deterrent.

Cons

I do wish integrating forms into our website is easier - but it seems to be a hassle. Mainly because we've spent over a year creating our own forms to find out it isn't compatible with iContact. We're working on a solution but it is tiresome.

Response from iContact

Hi Katy. Thanks for your feedback! We're pleased to hear that our support and services teams have been so helpful for you. Your happiness as a customer is our top concern. We also appreciate your feedback around form creation. We're aware of the issue you're experiencing and are keeping it top of mind as we continue to evolve our platform. Thank you for being such a loyal customer!

Donna J.

• Customer Support Software

iContact Support is the best! I Our rep. is there anytime I or a store have a question or a...

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Pros

I love the new functionality! the drag and drop makes creating a new email simple and easy which is great since some store owners are not technically savvy. I can't wait for the next release of software.

Cons

The reporting could be more robust instead of a list of every person that clicked, I would like to see the link with the number of clicks and be able to click on the number to see who clicked.

The dashboard would be easier to view if it was set up as rows so you can see more than 3 campaigns. In addition to have the ability to copy a campaign from the dashboard instead of having to go into Emails > Sent.

When trying to change the font color, the theme colors show, but not any standard colors. So when you want to change the font to black, you have to go into the color chart to select black.

As with any software, it has it's qwerks, but it's nice to now that iContact is actively enhancing the software.

Response from iContact

Hi Donna! We are glad to hear that you have been enjoying our new drag and drop editor. This makes creating professional emails easier than ever! Thank you as well for your feedback, particularly about the Dashboard. The good news is that we are in the process of designing an updated version of the Dashboard. We are happy to take your notes into account as we work to make the best possible design decisions for our customers.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Friendly customer service folks, quick to create emails

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Pros

Makes responsive emails quickly, once you create your basic template/style
Customer Service & Account reps are friendly
Good value
I used MailChimp elsewhere before iContact and I think iContact's pretty good. They updated the email designer this past year with a responsive drag and drop format that makes our emails easier to view on mobile devices and easier for the less digital-savvy members of the team to use.
We send a lot of emails to a lot of people and really don't pay that much to do it. Other services may offer more bells and whistles --I don't know, I haven't looked -- but for where we are now, we're satisfied.
For perspective, our usual list has <70,000 emails on it, and we send a couple times a month.

Cons

Creating list segments is tough without planning ahead
Bullets don't center with the text
Not 100% customizable, but hey, it's responsive!
Integrate social sending with Hootsuite or Nuvi (<-- wishlist item)

Response from iContact

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the drag-and-drop editor and that you're finding our customer service so helpful. We also appreciate the suggestions you mentioned and will keep them in mind as we continue to enhance our offering. Thanks for being such a loyal customer.

Kyle B.

• Customer Support Software

Stellar drag & drop editing with automatic mobile optimization

Reviewed on 16/12/2017

The biggest problem we're solving is time spent on producing emails. We send a lot of various emails to our multiple website databases (including various sub-groups within each website database) and we can't afford to spend tons of time producing these emails when there are so many other production tasks we need to fulfill. Building emails used to be one of the more time-consuming projects we deal with. They are taken care of much faster now that we have the simple-to-use email builder.

Pros

I've worked with several email newsletter marketing programs during my time in media and iContact is hands-down my favorite thus far. The drag & drop editor makes shuffling around content easy and better yet, the templates automatically reformat for optimized mobile consumption. The emails look great on both desktop and mobile devices and we're not even spending additional time preparing that optimized mobile format. Our strategic advisor is also very responsive when we need assistance and offers a lot of insight into the analytics and trends of our databases.

Cons

The only thing I wish we had was direct 2-way communication between our business website member databases and the iContact lists for synchronized newsletter opt-in status. Subscriptions get communicated from our website to iContact, but unsubscribes from the emails sent by iContact do not get communicated back to the member profile on our website.

Jennifer W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

iContact is a very user friendly platform. It meets all of our business needs and more!

Great analytics
Great tech support
Sign up forms and welcome messages

Pros

A couple of things make iContact exceptional. The ease of creating/designing an email blast is amazing, whether I am creating from scratch or utilizing their templates. I also love their sign up forms. Our company uses them for contests/giveaways and it will automatically add them to the list of your choice, making the count and drawing portion of the contest easy.

Cons

There aren't too many things that I don't like about iContact, but about the only complaint or even a suggestion would be to enable a feature so that you can send out an email individually.

Easy and Efficient

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

Pros

The user experience is very easy to use. I also like the selection of templates (They are very current to industry standards)

Cons

When creating your own HTML code, sometimes there are glitches ( specifically in column adjustments, and embedding special commands) .

Response from iContact

We appreciate your review! We are excited to hear that you are enjoying the selection and ease of use of our templates. Our goal was to provide our customers with inspiration, and a quick way to get started creating messages. Thank you for your feedback about glitches when creating your own HTML. This information is being shared with our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates. Thank you for being a long time customer!

Paul M.

Great Service - Good Product

Reviewed on 04/09/2018

We love our rep and has made our experience wonderful!

Pros

There are so many things to like about iContact. Since I've never had a competing product, I don't know what I don't know about the competitors and what they offer.

Cons

My longstanding beef has been w/what happens when we hit our limit w/subscribers or whatever. It has been years since this happened, but it happened 2-3 times and it was very upsetting. Basically, we got no notifications, emails, calls, etc. Our account was just shut off until we figured it out. Hopefully this has been fixed, but for an email company not emailing us... very bad.

Kent H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent platform!

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

Pros

Frankly, we liked the results. We reached more potential clients than we had anticipated. We will use again.

Cons

The software still reports a lot of unknown recipients. For our group, the "unknown" group was much higher in number than the "opened email" group.

Response from iContact

Hello Kent, It's excellent to hear that you were able to reach more potential clients than you anticipated! There is a good ROI rate when using email marketing, and we work to not only meet but exceed our customers' expectations in this area. Thank you for your feedback regarding the "unknown" contacts that appear in your message tracking report. If a message made it to your contact without bouncing, but has not been opened, that's when the contact falls into the unknown category. In most cases this means that the email was simply deleted or skipped over by the contact. No need to worry, it is completely normal to have more contacts who fall in the unknown category than opened. We do have some great tips on our blog about how to increase your open rates. Feel free to take a look at your leisure using the link below.

Melanie A.
  • Industry: Publishing

Emails Made Easier

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

You can allow this program to deal with emails instead of answering each on yourself. It's really a wonderful program and a huge help with your email returns. Your customers will appreciate it.

Pros

After your subscribers fill out their initial application, icontact goes to work. I like that it can be busy contacting people while you are busy elsewhere. It's easy to use, but the customer support is there if you need it. The prices are competitive with other likewise sites.

Cons

It's better for the medium or high volume businesses. Smaller businesses might not see the full abilities for this program.

Response from iContact

Hello Melanie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some detailed feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

Tim M.

• Customer Support Software

iContact is easy to use and loaded with features to make email marketing simple.

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

We can connect with out customers for service and sales opportunities that we otherwise wouldn't be able to do on a large scale.

Pros

By far the best thing about iContact is how user friendly the platform is to use. Everything is very intuitive making email marketing easy and far less time consuming. Lists of contact are easy to maintain, and emails are easy to create, send, and then track the results to tweak campaigns for best conversions.

Our account manager has always been great. Over the years I've had a few different managers, and every single one of them has been excellent and very helpful.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. I've used other systems and iContact is equal to or better than all of them.

Response from iContact

Hi Tim. Thank you so much for being a loyal iContact customer! We are happy to hear that you find iContact so user friendly. We do our best to ensure our customers can easily learn to use our product, and customize professional emails to send to their contacts.

Mark D.

• Customer Support Software

iContact is a joy to use. The software outperforms others and give us ultimate control over...

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

Consolidates many things into one easy package. Allows time for other projects.

Pros

The simplicity of the software is easily its' greatest strength. Whether we want to quickly set up a generic template email or take our time creating something fully customized, it works wonderfully. It also easily allows us to keep track of our customer base with separate email lists.

Cons

Further customization options would be great. A little more control as to the size of images appearing within the email. A very minor detail missed.

Response from iContact

Hi Mark! Thank you greatly for your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you appreciate the simplicity of our software. You hit the nail on the head. Our goal was to allow our customers to easily create a quick email, while still giving them the flexibility of full customization. We also appreciate your feedback about further customization options. We believe customer feedback is an excellent tool in creating a better product, and are happy to take this into account as we plan out future releases.

Josh C.

Power, Intuitive Email Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

With iContact, we conduct outbound marketing to prospects, manage drip marketing campaigns, communicate with our existing customers about operational issues, and more. Once fully set up, it's all you really need to create and manage branded sales/marketing/communication plans all in one place.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create and organize campaigns. I've worked with several other platforms, and iContact does a great job of balancing simplicity of use with powerful features. While there are plenty of great email templates, their WYSIWYG editor allows anyone to create beautiful messaging in line with their brand.

Cons

Campaign reporting leaves a lot to be desired, and syncing with Salesforce has not been as quick/easy as I expected.

Sam E.

We love iContact!

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Pros

Functionality is straightforward but very adaptive, meaning that you can get a whole world of things done.

Cons

I find the system can be a little clunky and sometimes slow when loading large lists or hefty workflows.

Response from iContact

Hi Sam. We're so glad that you're enjoying iContact and that we're able to help you with your business needs. Providing a pleasant, easy-to-use experience is our goal. We also appreciate your feedback on the slower load times you're experiencing. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support and services teams if you continue to experience this. We're always happy to help!

Joel M.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and effective.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

Icontact offers flexibility to import professional email templates. From there I can easily edit as needed.

Cons

Formatting tables padding can be difficult at times - sometimes I'm left with excessive line spacing and have to edit the HTML directly in order to clean it up.

Response from iContact

Hi Joel! Thank you for your feedback that iContact is both easy to use and effective. We work to give our customers as much flexibility as possible with message creation. You can create an email using one of our pre-made themes, import a template from an outside source, build your own message in HTML, or send a quick plain text message. We also appreciate your feedback about formatting table padding. We would be happy to take a closer look into this so that we can better identify the issue. If you encounter this again please feel free to reach out to our support team, or send some more detailed information using our feedback form here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us/contact. Thank you for being our customer!

Moises C.

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

We needed an email marketing platform that could be used in our industry (natural supplements) and icontact allowed us to have an account with them. Other places do not want to bother with us. I do like that our rep is always there to help us with whatever problems that may arise.

Pros

I like the reporting of emails that I have sent out. I also like how easy it is to create an email and schedule or sent it out the email. I like that I am able to preview the email in different screen sizes. Very easy to use.

Cons

The new home dashboard I am not a fan of. It has changed to just show quick stats of a single email campaign. I like the way it was setup before. Where you could see the stats of multiple email campaigns at once. I also do not like the image upload portion. I feel you should be able to upload an image directly from the email editor.

Amie S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great Email Marketing App

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

iContact was great at first at allowing us to create and deploy emails for our clients, but over time, it seemed limited compared to other apps that were online (it seems it might have changed again since we originally used it, so perhaps they updated & improved things).

Pros

I really liked the built-in themes that were available to choose from when creating an email, as well as the option to import my email from a URL. I also found their performance reviews and charts to be really helpful when looking at the results of a deployment.

Cons

I didn't really like how iContact setup their contacts section and how their segmentation of the contacts worked -- I found it a bit awkward compared to other apps I've used.

Response from iContact

Hello Amie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

Cheryle M.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent service we have been using for years!

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Pros

iContact is convenient, professional and affordable. It allows us great flexibility in push our message.

Cons

Emails being treated as spam based on the IP address needs improvement, but that is the same for most email marketing services.

Response from iContact

Hello Cheryle. Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you find iContact affordable. We work hard to keep our pricing fair for our customers. Thank you for your feedback about emails being treated as spam based on the IP address. You are correct, this is something that all email marketing companies struggle with simply due to the number of customers and messages going out through their systems. We have a dedicated Deliverability team on staff who maintains positive relationships with the major email providers because inbox delivery is a priority for us. I will pass this feedback along to them so that we can work to give you an even better deliverability rate.

Stacey B.

Great

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Pros

We use this platform for all of it's available content... emails, social posting and campaign utilization. It's been great!

Cons

Campaigns can be difficult to build and embed in websites, but once you figure it out steps can be easily followed.

Response from iContact

Hi Stacey!

We're glad to hear iContact has been a great fit for you and your team. It's good to know you've been able to utilize the wide range of services we have to offer within the application and we can't wait to hear what you think about some of the new things we've been working on.

It definitely takes a bit of time to learn the process, but we're working on new ways to support our customers by adding helpful tips and tricks throughout the application and of course, our support team is available to walk you through anything you need help with. Hit them up at: https://www.icontact.com/support.

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Email Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

A great customer service team and a simple way to reach our audience via email!

Pros

Honestly, the customer service is what makes this software one of my favorite email marketing tools. Being able to strategize and focus in on the health of our subscriber lists is something that we would never have considered or addressed without the iContact support team. The software itself is great and has definitely improved over the last few years and we expect for it to only continuing improving. Offering multiple modern layouts that are simple to pull together makes making emails a breeze. Would recommend iContact over and over again.

Cons

Some of the functionalities are a little off and can be frustrating trying to get unique layouts to line up just how you want them to - I recommend sticking to the intended layouts and don't try to overdo your email as you may run into technical difficulties.