iContact

Email marketing & social media marketing software

4.5 /5 (524 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.4
4.2
4.4
4.7
Dave G.

The features you want with the support you need.

Reviewed on 31/03/2018

We have used iContact for ten years to manage the email marketing services for our clients that range from single locations to hundreds of locations. The software has grown with us over the years as demands for automation and integration with third party systems have increased. The key to great software is support combined with the features you need. We found that with iContact.

Pros

We have not found anything we cannot do with iContact. If we can't figure it out a call to support gets us the answer we need. For those looking for API support, according to a large client of ours the API is very robust and easy to use.

Cons

There are UI areas in the software that can be improved. The creation and management of segments needs to be easier.

Response from iContact

Hi Dave! Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy to hear that we're continuing to meet your business needs after all of these years. Customer happiness is our top priority! Also, thank you for the suggestions for improving the segments UI. We will definitely take these into consideration as we continue to evolve the platform. Thanks for being such a loyal customer over the last decade!

Nicholas K.

Saved us a lot of money!

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Received same level of service from competing ESP for 1/4 the cost.

Pros

Our e-mails always get into the inbox, and we have a dedicated account manager. We've saved by switching from a competing ESP. Received same level of service for 1/4 the cost.

Cons

Difficult to get account issues taken care of when your account manager is out of the office. Difficult to do real time segments. For example, if I want to exclude anyone who has not opened any e-mails in the past 180 days, there is not a way for me to create a segment based on that criteria that updates on its own, that is, if someone who was on the 180-day non-opener list decides to open an old e-mail, they should automatically drop off that list. Similarly, someone who was not on the non opener list yesterday who hits 180 days without opening today, should be added to that segment. Other ESPs have this ability.

Cindy T.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Pros

The ability to schedule emails to go out over the weekend. When I am home relaxing, the software is reaching out to qualified candidates on my behalf.

Cons

When I send myself a test message from iContact or send a test message to a co-worker in the same office, probably 50% of the time, the test message is found in our junk mail.

Response from iContact

Hello Cindy, The ability to schedule emails so that you don't have to do that additional weekend work is a popular feature that we're glad to hear you are utilizing! Based on the information you included it sounds like emails may be having a difficult time making it to the inboxes of you and your co-workers due to your company's spam filters. Please review our Help Article on why emails go to spam and how to resolve the issue here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/docs/view/en-us/icontact-for-salesforce/why-emails-go-to-spam. If you are still encountering problems our support team is happy to help troubleshoot further!

Karen T.
Industry: Events Services

This is a wonderful platform which we have used for many years.

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Ability to reach our contacts regularly.

Pros

Very easy to use and great customer support! They have helped us improve our email deliveries and upgrade our image, including our social media presence.

Cons

They do upgrade routinely and it takes a little time to get used to the changes. Even then, support helped us with it.

Response from iContact

Hi Karen! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. We truly believe that our success is deeply connected with the success of our customers, so we are happy to hear that our team has been there when you needed them. We are always ecstatic to help companies like Directors Roundtable who provide deep, actionable insight across the country. Thank you for letting us know about the upgrade process, we are always looking to make our experience seamless, and we will look into making the upgrade experience even easier for you and others. Have a great day and thank you for your time!

Great tool!

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Pros

I love the flexibility this software offers. The drag-and-drop capability makes it possible to create any look you want, and the ability to reuse content from previous sends has made my life easy. We can also manage any number of separate client folders for sends on their behalf. The support team is great and our strategic account manager has been a fantastic resource for understanding the analytics and recommending ways to improve our stats.

Cons

Some of the capability can be tricky as a new user, so that makes it difficult to have others step in and be able to quickly create messages. Training is key. I also wish there was a better way to connect our internal contacts database with the iContact database, right now I have to manually upload contact lists regularly.

Jennifer B.

As a user of iContact for 8 years now, we are true loyalists of the product.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

The software is easy to use, even for the most novice of users and advanced pros. We can create beautiful emails for every project big or small. Our account houses over 22,000 emails in our data base and we've never been concerned about the safety of our account knowing iContact is a robust program that takes our clients confidentiality at the top of its priorities.
The software is easy to learn, so easy, we even train our interns on the program so they can help with all of our email marketing.
The analytics are easy to read and give full detail on all of the insights of each email we send.

Cons

You can have multiple people signed into the account at once, but you don't know when someone else is signed in.

Response from iContact

Hi Jennifer. Thank you so much for being a loyal iContact customer for the past 8 years! We are happy to see that you brought up your faith in our safety and security. This is such an important aspect of email marketing, and we have worked hard to ensure you can trust us to keep this information safe. We appreciate your suggestion to show when someone else is signed into your account. We will take that into consideration as we plan for future releases.

Reginald C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy and fast way to get timely emails delivered to our contacts.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Great deliverability to inboxes and easy set up and import of contacts! I don't have to worry about going to people's spam or junk box.

Pros

I like that you are easily able to create HTML emails and if you don't know HTML, they have ready-made templates that you can use where you can just plug and send. I also like the rate of deliver where emails are going to inboxes and not junk mail - makes for better metrics when you look at opens and clicks.

Cons

The ability to copy and paste a URL to create a new HTML message does not always work/format the way I'd like sometimes, but I do like that ability.

Response from iContact

Hello Reginald. It is great to hear that you are enjoying the deliverability rate iContact offers! Our Deliverability team works to build solid relationships with the major email providers so that we can get as many of your emails as possible straight to inboxes. Thank you for the feedback about creating a message from a URL. This doesn't always allow for the consistency that we would like simply because there is a good deal of code used on websites that just does not render well in email format. It is, however, something that we are happy to pass along to our Product Managers so that it can be taken into account for future updates!

IContact makes it easy to manage subscribers and create emails. Support team is very helpful.

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Pros

Multiple email templates. Easy to set up automated workflows and new campaigns. List segmenting. Social media integration

Cons

Can't be integrated with PPC. Lacking some basic capabilities overall. Image upload quality isn't great.

Response from iContact

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

It sounds like you are signed up for one of our iContact Pro accounts. We are happy to hear that you're easily able to set up automated workflows. We like this feature so much that we are bringing automation to our iContact accounts as well!

We are always looking for new ways to improve our product, and we would love to hear some of your ideas. Please let our helpful support team know what capabilities you would like to see incorporated, so that we can ensure they are taken into account while we plan future releases.

Abby T.

Innovative

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

Tracking reports and excellent database health of subscribers. I know my database is safe with I-Contact.

Pros

I talked my Manager out of switching to another email platform because I-Contact beats the competition! Easy set up and ease of use. The customer support is superb! Price is good!

Cons

Could be more integrated with WordPress plugins for email capture forms.
Could provide more unique responsive templates.

Response from iContact

Hello Abby. Thank you so much for talking your Manager into staying with iContact! We truly appreciate your loyalty, and will continue to work to exceed your expectations. We also appreciate your feedback regarding WordPress plugins. We are looking into different integration options now, and are happy to take your suggestion into account during this process.

Alexandra G.

Overall really great experience. We have used iContact for over 3 years.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Pros

The customer service is always great and very responsive. I like the pre-made templates that come prebuilt.

Cons

Sometimes the editor has issues with formatting and fonts. There are some basic design features that I would like to be more flexible such as being able to wrap texts and do soft returns.

Response from iContact

Hello Alexandra, It¿s great that you have enjoyed using our pre-made templates! We are continuing to add new templates to help make your job as an email marketer even easier. Thank you for your input on how we can improve our new email editor. We have made improvements that will allow you to select the line height that you would like to use in your message. An easier way to wrap text is something that is on our radar as a potential feature to consider adding in the future.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Gina Z.
Industry: Real Estate

Great emails & great service

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

Easy to use, great services, great customer service

Pros

The design team and the ease of designing an email blast is great. You can make a design template in a matter of minutes, and if you need something fancy, you contact the design team and they will do it for you!

Cons

I have never had any issues with this software and have nothing negative to say. Great software that I continue to use!

Response from iContact

Gina, thank you for being such a loyal customer and for taking the time to leave such a positive review. The team is excited to hear that you're seeing so much value with the easy-to-use interface, as well as with the on-call design team (when needed). We value your feedback, so please feel free to reach out anytime with questions or suggestions. Thanks!

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

iContact has kept my business going

Reviewed on 20/04/2019

I have made more than 5,000 new customers in the last 4 years through iContact.

It is what it says. I Contact customers and they buy. iContact has opened up my communication lines with all of Greece (my country) so everyone in Greece is now a potential customer through the use of iContact.

Pros

Ease of use, it gets better and better through various improvements. It delivers thousands of emails in no time. The stuff do have an understanding of what a businessman really needs and they can track with that.

Cons

The photos in the templates could be larger and more impressive.

Response from iContact

Hello,

Thank you for leaving this wonderful and detailed feedback for us, we very much appreciate it!

All the best,

Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

We have had an excellent experience with iContact

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

The helped greatly with our list hygiene.

Pros

The personal representatives are really good and have really helped us a lot. The meetings are very informative and were come away with good tips on which to follow up.

Cons

The costs of this software is very high for us. Unfortunately we do not have a great engagement rate so this is an out of pocket cost that does not earn as much as we spend.

Response from iContact

Thanks for reviewing iContact. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your calls with your strategist. And our dedication to maintaining the industry's best deliverability rate means that we're always helping our customers maintain great list hygiene - it's a key ingredient to effective email marketing. It sounds like there is room to either grow your list or explore other strategies to generate additional ROI, and we look forward to supporting you in your efforts. We've also found that there are often a wide range of benefits from email marketing which sometimes don't show up in directly attributable ROI: brand health, retention of customers, the lift on direct traffic to your website after email sends, and the ability to continuously test and refine messages that impact the rest of your marketing.

Theo S.

I have tripled my production since I have been using iContact.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Pros

Ease of Use, Reliability. I have managed to increase my clients many, many times and have managed to increase my production.

Cons

I cannot get my emails out of the lists very easily (only 200 at a time). I only have 10 segments available for special lists or research and this is not so good.

Response from iContact

Hello Theo, We are so happy to hear that you have seen a big increase in clients and production from using iContact! Thank you so much for your feedback regarding contacts. Our developers are hard at work on updating our contact management design. Once it is released please be sure to follow up with any feedback, good or bad, that you have on the new process using our Help Portal: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us

Rammah T.

Excellent experience with icontact! I can't imagine operating without such tool!

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Fast and Efficient communication with my clients and prospects.

Pros

Very simple to use, detailed reports showing me who read the emails I sent and who interacted/clicked on links and excellent customer service if/when needed.
It's surely an excellent and efficient business tool.

Cons

After renewing recently, they added contents but it became a little bit harder for me to re-use old email to make new ones... I'm still trying to get used to it, but it's surely more complicated than how it was before.

Response from iContact

Hello Rammah. We are so happy to hear that you have been finding value in the detailed reports iContact offers. It is so important to not only communicate with your contacts, but also to see how they are interacting with your communications. Thank you for the feedback about the new email editor. There is a bit of a learning curve with any new feature, but we would love the opportunity to help you master it! Please reach out to our support team by phone (877-968-3996), email ([email protected]), or chat (using the button in your account).

Todd M.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

We use IContact to manage multiple emails lists in multiple departments throughout the county.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

We combined accounts from multiple departments using different vendors. This saved us money and created a team of expert users in the county who can help each other solve any issues that arise. I also like that their design team can create custom templates for our various newsletters.

Pros

I like that we have unlimited subscribers and can manage multiple lists with multiple users in various county departments. Befoe we went to IContact, several departments used different services. Combining them into one account allowed us to save money and provide a better service.

Cons

The sign-up buttons are a little clunky. The design for those could be a little better, and it would be nice if you could create one sign-up form for all your lists, even if they are in different user folders.

Ann H.

Fast and intuitive. Great reporting on email stats. Great customer service.

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

Pros

Creating and modifying custom templates is easy and intuitive. One can made quick modifications on a daily basis.

Cons

The way emails are scheduled to be sent. The slider bars are clunky, imprecise and visually unappealing.

Response from iContact

Hi Ann. We are thrilled to hear that you have been easily using and customizing templates. Setting up custom templates is a great way to offer your contacts a consistent and professional design without spending all of your time creating emails. Thank you for your feedback in respect to scheduling messages. We are happy to pass this along so that it can be taken into account as we continue to enhance iContact.

Gina P.

My company has had a great experience with the iContact Pro software and team!

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Pros

My favorite things about iContact Pro are the number of, and variety of, projects you can get assistance with and the dedicated, knowledgeable team. With iContact Pro you are assigned an account manager that is able to help with anything you need. We setup a weekly call with our account manager to review our email campaigns, analytics, ways to improve, etc. With iContact Pro you are also able to get help with email creation and copy writing, customized templates, testing, landing page and microsite design and copy writing, advanced reporting, analytics and performance reviews, workflow creation, and social medial analysis, branding and image creation. All of these features have helped my company tremendously.

Cons

My least favorite part of iContact pro was trying to figure out how to use the software and design emails. However, iContact Pro has a very dedicated staff that was able to help me with all of my questions. Once I got the hang of things it became very easy to design and send emails and check the analytics. This software has really helped my company save a lot of time.

Mike H.

iContact is by far the most powerful email and marketing automation service available.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

We are able to automate our email campaign based on user actions and engagement. This frees up our sales team to sell and not be bogged down by sending emails.

Pros

The workflows are a very powerful way to automate your marketing. No other service provider can match iContact's workflows for ease of use and functionality.

Cons

I have no complaints about iContact. The service works very well and the customer support is better than what I received from Constant Contact.

Alfred P.

Automates email campaigns

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Pros

reliable, flexible, and easy to use. I also love how easy and quick it is to set up A/B testing. You can sample part of a larger list, or you can split a mailing to your entire list.

Cons

There's not much I'd change, though I'd like to be able to embed a user field -- such as first name -- in the Subject of an email.

Response from iContact

Hi Alfred. Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that our split testing feature gives you the flexibility that you need to help send the most effective messages to your contacts. We appreciate the feedback about embedding user fields in subject lines. Fortunately this is a feature that we already offer! If you'd like to include your customer's first name in the subject line simply use [fname]. To see a list of all of our standard fields and their merge values check out our Help Portal here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/docs/guid/en-us/5fe3e55d-65a6-a887-1278-416d121ec82d

Steven A.

I've been a customer for two years, and I'm very pleased with it.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

Ease of use, and professional looking end product. I'm happy with the way these communications represent my company.

Cons

I would look for ways to avoid spam filters more effectively. I feel like when using a list where people have "opted-in" previously, we should get a slightly higher open rate.

Response from iContact

Hi Steve. Thank you so much for being an iContact customer for the last two years! We are happy to hear that you have been able to easily create professional emails. We know that our customers are busy, and work hard to ensure email marketing does not waste their valuable time. Thank you for your feedback about open rates as well. We believe that customer feedback is a valuable tool in creating an even better product. We also recommend taking a look at our blog post on how to increase your open rates here: https://www.icontact.com/blog/top-10-hacks-to-boost-email-open-rates-and-clicks

Jill W.
Industry: Real Estate

Efficient and Excellent Price Point

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 05/09/2018

It's been good and I have been going back and forth between MailChimp. I do prefer iContact for the pricing but the template creation could bump up it's game a little bit.

Pros

I think adding in contacts, whether it be one or several, is very easy. I love that it weeds out the duplicates for me, especially with the system I have to copy and paste the contact info from.

Cons

The software doesn't work right in Google Chrome which is slightly inconvenient since I work out of Chrome 99% of the day. I have to use Microsoft Edge to use the software correctly. And the templates, while nice they can be strict and unforgiving. The spacing in between Enter's is a little large and out of control too. And the issue with not posting a picture to the Facebook anymore is beyond annoying. I have to take the archived URL and then put that into Facebook and then I can input a picture. It was better when they made it look like an article on Facebook.

Mindy K.

I've been using Icontact for a long time, at least 7 or 8 years. I chose it for it's user friendly.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

I love that I can create my own email templates and it's easy to use. My most favorite thing about Icontact and is why I always refer this program to friends and colleagues, is for it's superb customer service. That is so important to me.

Cons

I can't put a Paypal button. You can put a link to Paypal on your own writing or picture, but not an actual button.

Response from iContact

Hello Mindy. Thank you so much for being a loyal iContact customer of at least 7 years! We are thrilled to hear that superb customer service is important to you. Our staff is truly dedicated to ensuring our customers have the best experience possible when using our product. We also appreciate your feedback about adding a PayPal button. We are happy to pass that along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

Yoshiko M.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

With iContact, we have expanded our capability of email marketing.

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

We receive one free template creation.

Pros

We used to use Constant Contact but with iContact, we can add segment and work flow. to each campaign. We can target audience which has resulted in better open rate. Also, iContact can develop one customized template per month.

Cons

They do not have survey feature at this point so we have to subscribe another service for that matter.

Response from iContact

Hello Yoshiko, Thank you for using our iContact Pro product! With a managed iContact Pro account you can redeem a monthly free customized template, and access Workflow automations. It¿s fantastic that you have seen better open rates using our services. We are in the process now of adding automations to our iContact accounts as well. This will allow all of our customers to utilize this feature, along with segmentation, to better target their audience.

Lexi R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great, simple and secure way to create email campaigns

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

Very simple to design eye-catching emails and I really love how they've updated their interface over the year and made it even easier to use. The templates are a great start but designing your own email is only a few clicks away!

Cons

Storage space for your images isn't a lot so you may want to delete items after the use and store them elsewhere.