Wintac

Wintac is sunsetting January 31, 2022

4.2 /5 (689 reviews) Write a Review!

Jason R.

Wintac Software

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

It has been a good overall experience, and I have recommended this software to others.

Pros

The price is great. The effectiveness is great.

Cons

Lack of updates & change, the images section is week. Delete options could use a revamp. Its all or none.

Brenda S.

MQA

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

We have contacted Wintac numerous times trying to show us how to get accurate financial reports and no one has been able to show us or more recently return our calls.

Pros

Ease of work orders, invoicing and accounts payable

Cons

The ability to produce financial reports

Carol H.

Great HVAC Software

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

We have been using Wintac for almost 2 years and we love it. It is great for tracking maintenance, sending reminders and our technicians easily use the mobile version on their tablets.

Pros

The ease of using Wintac everyday for scheduling, maintenance and costing is great. The software is easy to use in the office and the field.

Cons

I find sometimes you have to enter things multiple times, where if certain items were linked, you would not have this issue.

Micky W.

• Customer Support Software

Wintac Delivers on Promises - Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

As a previous Sage 50 user, we were growing extremely frustrated with lack of inventory management and mobile field service options. We looked for new software and were immediately overwhelmed by the 1000's of choices on the market. After having our IT support and accountant review Wintac, we got the green light and forward we went. The best aspect of Wintac? Wintac's customer support is TOP NOTCH!! I have rarely waited longer than 5 minutes for support and the expertise of the support staff is excellent. Also, I would HIGHLY recommend the custom training sessions with a rep - an excellent value. He is an expert at helping you customize Wintac to your business. Is switching software enjoyable? Absolutely not! But Wintac made the painful experience as painless as possible. Watch the videos, purchase the training sessions, and call the support team. Purchasing or switching software is a considerable investment in time and money but be assured that Wintac is the real deal!!

Pros

Exceptional customer support. Functionality is clean and simple. Much easier than Sage.

Cons

No hyperlinks within the report function to open related data.

Michael L.

Good Starter Product

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Overall, my experience has been fairly positive.

Pros

The basic functionality was good. The service with the software was very good.

Cons

Lacks upward growth and everything is an add on module and charge. When calling with possible changes or recommendations they were not accepted well.

Lisa G.

covers our business ne

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

helpful tool for our business and helpful tech support when needed.. thanks!

Pros

handles most our business needs with the work order management tool, customer tracking, work orders and job cost estimates.. just to name a few things

Cons

still learning all it can do.. so don't have a least yet.

Rhonda F.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great for our company!

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

We use Wintac daily, run all Service Calls, Dispatch and Invoice thru Wintac. The reports are great , we use them all the time.

Pros

Ease of use. The report feature. The ease of keeping up with the equipment for each customer.

Cons

Constant updates, would prefer them all in one lump.

Wanda K.

Excellent for HVAC Companies

QUITE OFTEN, OUR STATION DESK WILL SAY NO OPEN COMPANY WHICH IS FRUSTRATING

Pros

EASY TO USE, EASY TO MANAGE, I LIKE THE EQUIPMENT INFO FOR MODEL, SERIAL AND INSTALL DATE. I LIKE THE WORK HISTORY SECTION AS WELL SO WE KNOW WHAT SERVICE WAS PERFORMED IN PAST SERVICE CALLS

Cons

THERE ARE MORE I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADDED TO THE PROGRAM

Pamela N.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Great base platform for the field!

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Overall, we are happy with the Wintac software. Support is ALWAYS top notch, and have successfully answered any questions quickly.

Pros

The ability to schedule and push to the technicians who may already be in the field. Ease of uploading photos direct to the file from the job site.

Cons

The back office operational functionality could use some improvements

They are years behind the competition

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Pros

Wintac is a low-cost CRM for HVAC companies. It offers a simple way to separate your "contacts" from your "customers" which is a really nice feature. Easy to use dashboard for dispatching.

Cons

Not cloud-based. The "housekeeping" data clean up requirement is a huge pain in you know what. It takes forever and happens all the time. Your entire company needs to exit out of the program so the software and clean itself. Zero modern features like text updates or GPS tracking.

Response from Wintac. A Davisware Company

Hello and thank you for your honest feedback! It is greatly appreciated and taken into serious consideration as we look to improve the product and the customers' experience. Would you be willing to jump on a quick call with our head of product development so we can show you and gather your input on the new SaaS product we are working on sometime? I also think you might be interested in learning that we do now also have fully integrated GPS tracking capabilities with our GlobalOne Fleet software. You can learn more about it here: http://www.intacinternational.com/portal/wintac-2018-release or by giving us a call at 1.800.724.7899. Again, please let me know if you would like to learn about what else we are working on!

Bill O.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We have been using Wintac since 2011 and have been very happy with it.

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Pros

Wintac is easy to use and makes it simple to have a good workflow for HVAC. Everything you need to run your business is there.

Cons

We have had good success with the product and recommend it regularly. If we had to pick a negative thing to say it would be that the previous Access backend wasn't the best - but now the current version has a SQL backend.

Darleene S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Not up to snuff

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

The company owner loves Wintac. Unfortunately, he's about the only one.

Pros

Good question. I suppose that multiple users can be in the software at the same time and all the changes are saved and don't cause conflicts.

Cons

As the company accountant I loathe the fact that the general ledger constantly goes out of balance - just from posting an a/p entry. That you don't get an "are you sure you want to make these changes" message. That you have to perform housekeeping daily just to try and keep the software running correctly. That it is based on access which seems to be an unstable platform for the software. That I can click on "save format" but my format never saves. That I can't do an account inquiry in the general ledger activity but have to sit and wait while a report prints.

Response from Wintac. A Davisware Company

Hello Darleene! We appreciate your honest feedback and are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. We updated the backend of the software to an SQL platform a few years ago and according to our records, you have not upgraded to the latest version. Please call us at 1-800-724-7899 if you would like more information on that, or if you would like to discuss your feedback further.

Steve T.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Great product, would recommend, and do.

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Overall very satisfied with the program, can't wait to see what they add.

Pros

Pretty easy to navigate and the updates from previous versions (we have been using for about 12 years) don't require complete retraining.

Cons

This version seems to have a lot of patches required and since you went to the SQL based format, it makes it difficult for the technically stunted to feel confident to self update.

• Industry: Paper & Forest Products

WINTAC TRAINING AND EASE OF USE

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

We se Wintac for our business to do everything from scheduling appointments to receipts and making our WIP's. We do inventory and we can see what our service techs are using off their trucks daily so that we can restock in the mornings

Pros

The software is absolutely user friendly in that even a novice can navigate the software and use the basic functions

Cons

I did not dislike much about the software other than sometimes it has a lag in it

Nancy C.

We have been using Wintac for over 10 years

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

We have employees that are tech savvy and some employees who prefer not to use any technology. Wintac has proven to be user friendly no matter which employee uses it.

Cons

I sometimes have issues merging to QuickBooks but have found out it is because someone on my end is either typing a name in a different format than QuickBooks or there is an incorrect character in the text

Patty A.

All-In-One

Reviewed on 16/05/2017

Pros

I like the fact that Wintac has: scheduling, accounting, and payroll all in one software. Also, the online help is fantastic! Just start a chat, if you can't get the issue fixed, the tech can remotely log in and help out!

Cons

Some glitches during the major update, slow getting everything worked out. It would be great if the customers had more input on what new changes would be helpful.

Sherri S.

Wintac Review

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

Ease of use, user friendly, functionality, ability to search jobs.

Cons

Need more options with reporting - should be able to select any field on a wip, as well as be able to select a portion of a field instead of an exact match. Need another field specifically for "Lot #" so that can always be selected (not as a User Field. Also need more fields for customer email addresses. When sending to multiple emails, it should be sent in 1 email so everyone on the email sees who it was sent to... not separate emails.

Donald H.

Issues with the software

Reviewed on 09/01/2017

Even though they have been around 25 years but in the service field less 5 yrs - the software has several problems. We had made several attempts to help with issues that we have been having from the beginning of us buying the software. The use of the web side in the field is very slow and becomes jammed when using it. Now if they could put more work on the App version they have it would be more user-friendly. Equipment management is very poor where we would enter equipment model and serial numbers then they would disappear.

Pros

It is an all in one software and has a mobile app.

Cons

Wintac Issues

Customer Login:

There needs to be an example and explained exactly how the password how it should be set up.

When my customers go to set up their logins it does not show how Wintac password set up EXAMPLE – At the Sign up for your new account window – Under Account E-mail it should explain the password parameters.

Wintac System:

PO – Item code for the Vendor’s – I have in Business Options checked (PO) – Include Vendor’s Item Code and it is not printing on the PO Order.

A/P & Checking:

In Adding a (Journal, writing a check & anything with G/L account) Should have placed another column showing a description of Account description or have it where we can choose to use Division or Description next to Amount.

Worker Order:

Why is it when we are working in work order and want to see equipment - there is not a place from that screen to look up equipment that is at the location when clicking from dispatch board (we need to be able to get to the equipment from the job site not only from billing information.

I want the ability to only see equipment for the jobs site we are on not all equipment unless I am in customer information area. I have one customer that has 2 system on each 80 cabins in the system so when I am looking at work order I cannot just click on that location equipment with going back out to get to customer information then finding the building and then look at the equipment. Poor time management.

Task:

Building a task the cost sometimes does not transfer from inventory cost and when I zero it out in inventory it does not remove it from the task (when I have it check to update task when inventory is changing) But when I zero it out in the task cost it comes back.

Task:

Adding in Items & Amounts – If I am Adding let’s say Freon and need to change Amount or Qty from 1 to 6 the price savings in work description goes away after I make the QTY change to the item (Does not update the price savings or add price) But if I left 1 in QTY it Stays.

Task:

When building a task from inventory the cost does not show up all the time or if I change cost in inventory it does not change it in the task. But if I change it sometimes it does not stay.

If I change HRS/QTY it does not update on work description it removes task information.

Equipment:

Again we should be able to look at job equipment from Invoice, Work Order on the job site.

We have to go out of invoice into customer information then equipment History – I have customers with Multiple job sites – It would be easier just from work order /or Invoice.

Notes:

There should be at job site SHOULD save in notes area at Job site and Customer information. When you save notes on the jobs site page – IT SHOULD save it also at customer information in case of follow-up work.

Saving in Notes are so we can use as reference no matter if new or old work order – invoice – Proposal.

Email:

Are Emails are going to customer’s Spam all the time. The Emails are how a customer gets their Bills.

In the field – APP or Portal

The tech cannot change any information in the field if it needs to be changed ex-address, email, or name spelled wrong.

Tablet – APP

In the field the APP is faster to use than the web porter. Using the web porter through tablet is like dial up – (if you are old enough to remember) when standing in front of the customer trying to leave the job.

My Opinion is to improve the App to input information quickly then upload information once it has been inputted will save time and easier to use. In the app need to be able to upload customer signature and payment information.

Because ever little change made on the web porter really slows downs the time we should be doing something else.

When we select a task in the field – When the customer has a discount it does not show the regular price then the discount price like it does when doing the invoice in the office computer.

APP & Web Porter:

We should be able to input or change equipment on the job site SEPARATE from attaching to parts or task that are inputted. We should be able to select equipment we are working on but also be able to add or edit on jobs site!

Credit Card:

When we are taking credit cards in the field (there should email a receipt to the customer along with invoice).

I do not what to here it is Xcharge issue then Xcharge said it is Wintac issue so at this point I wish someone put their big boy pants on and fix it. I have asked both Wintac and Xcharge and both had point fingers to each other. I know the receipt can be emailed because I have been using this way of processing before Square even came out. The receipt shows on the web porter when we run the credit card in field so it should be able to get emailed along with the invoice.

Customer Info Field:

*Note Box: It automatically puts in a note every time the pay and billing statement. I don’t want this to happen I want to manually put that in.

Brittany V.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Do Not Get This Software for Your Company

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Pros

The idea behind this software is great. It has a spot for me to add all the information I need to. Technicians can dial in from their iPads out in the fields. Other than that... this software just raises my blood pressure. I can't write enough bad reviews about this software.

Cons

Everything. Mainly the speed! I mean if you have Wintac for at least a year and your company has a good amount of business, then FORGET about ever having a fast system that runs smoothly. Wintac's new update, oh boy... I could lose my mind. FORGET about doing a search of ANYTHING! The new upgrade no longer makes that mildly accessible any longer. Now it's TWICE as slow as it was before. And the moment you search for anything, it freezes. Wintac Support's response: This is the way it is, this is new software, it searches through the entire database, it's looking through all of your files, you have to narrow down the search to very small timeframes (I'm talking less than a month), you have to narrow it down to statuses.

Response from Intac International

Thanks for your feedback, although we are very sorry to hear of your discontent. At Wintac, we value your opinion and make every effort to use it constructively to offer you a solution complete with the level of service you not only expect but deserve. Given your explanation, it sounds like there may be some disconnect with perhaps how you have your system setup. This can be easily remedied via our Support Team and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to assist you, as we take very seriously any problems and concerns our customers are experiencing.

Also, as you are likely aware, Wintac was recently acquired by Davisware. That said, please understand that we are in the process of reinvesting value-added resources to our software to make it increasingly beneficial for your business. As always, thank you for your time and business. We look forward to serving you even better in the future.

Glendon H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Need a LOT of improvement

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

We are a small company that was wanting better control over our job tracking and work orders.We are a little small to justify spending for an ERP software but Quickbooks just wasn't cutting it anymore. After searching for a long time we settled on Wintac. They have an excellent advertising and sales team. They would not give me a trial software so after much deliberation we purchased it. It was a disaster. We followed through all the helps and got it working so half. I was hoping to connect it to Quickbooks so I could continue to get the same reports for business tracking. That doesn't work. It is a 1 way sync and once it is sent you can't send it again if you need to change it. So then we decided to use the accounting side of it. That is even worse. I have not been able to yet get good reports that make sense and allow me to make business decisions on. Tech support can't help we have tried many times but after waiting 20-40 mins on the phone I can only contact them so much before it is costing me to much money to hang on the phone. I have tried to make this work for 9 mkonths and am planning to dump it at the end of this year. I am going to bite the bullet and get a full ERP like I should have up front. My overall advise is save your money. Any reputable software company should have a trial version so you can see what you are buying. I have now spent approx $6000 on bad software and have a year worth of virtually worthless books and need to spend that amount again plus.

Pros

Showing job profit margins at the side of work order, invoices, and proposals so you can see at a glance what your profit per job. Work order and job tracking.

Cons

Accounting is horrible. Vendor bills must be entered as a Purchase order. You cannot have multiple vendor invoice per PO so if things are back ordered on a PO it will not be tracked. Linking with Quickbooks doesn't work worth anything. Tech Support is very poor. There is no way of seeing vendor invoices that are entered whether they are paid or not without a separate report. No trial version to allow us to see how worthless it really was. No training available without spending more money on a worthless accounting software.

Dandy S.
  • Industry: Utilities

Commercial Plumbing Use

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use and navigate. The administrative features is simple and straight forward. When we first purchased Wintac a couple of years back it was a step up from what we were doing previously however it was a little sensitive as in terms of having simultaneous users in 1 call would creates some problems and housekeeping would need to be ran several times a day. But since they went to SQL it has been running smoothly.

Cons

What I like least is not so much with the software but the availability of customer support. There is no real time customer support after hours and weekends. We are on the West Coast and if we did need support it would have to be before 3pm on the weekdays

Jeremy Z.

Awsome program

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Pros

I like how everything is wrapped in one program, A/R & A/P along with employee management, dealing with inventory, work orders being able to create PO's and schedule work. Keeping everything together is easy to manage jobs and material. Like that Wintac has workshops not to go to or call in for training.

The Pro's defiantly out way the con's

Cons

Inventory management and receiving inventory needs work, Vehicle management is hard to use and understand. Didn't have good follow up once purchased, but has greatly improved in the last year. Not a fan of having to be charged for help or online webinars since we are paying a yearly licensing fee.

Mark M.

Works Great for us

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

We were introduced to Wintac about 5 years ago by searching on line and after a couple demo's, found this to be the best fit for our Plumbing & Heating Business. Really like it and look forward to being part of the Wintac/Davisware growth.

Pros

I love the fact that it is an all-in-one program and don't have to link with other inventory systems or accounting software. It holds a lot of information and I believe it is unlimited depending on your storage ability. I have had to update my storage a couple times in 5 years. Great over all experience and program and anyone looking to get into this type of system, it is well worth it. They are also growing and creating more options as they progress and the system is certainly getting better.

Cons

Kind of plain but efficient. I would like to see a better search engine for inventory and a drop down menu system as you type in the product to auto-search.

James D.

• Customer Support Software

Not the best UI, but amazing customer service. Also, no Mac support?!

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

This program, albeit a little bit difficult to use, has quite a few of the features we were looking for in management software. However, as most of us use Macs, the lack of support for that operating system is disappointing. When it works, it works great. But with the lack of Mac support and no automatic updates is something we hope will be remedied with a future update.

Pros

We love having the ability to do all of our tasks such as managing inventory, invoices, and payment options all in one app. It’s also very handy to be able to manage multiple inventories within the app. We also love the customer service! They’re very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

We do not like that we cannot use this program on our Apple computers. Most of our employees use Macs so we have to keep a PC around to use this software. Hopefully, they’ll fix that in the future. The user interface leaves a lot to be desired. It would help if it were more refined and a little bit simpler. It has a rather steep learning curve and even then, it’s still a bit difficult to use. The updates are also a pain. They’re not automatic, meaning you lose time that could be spent working. If they were automatic, you could schedule them for hours when your business is closed. Maybe a future update?

Rick L.

• Customer Support Software

The best software for a small service company!

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

The biggest benefit I saw right way is my profits kept going up month after month. The accounting part of this software is great.

Pros

The software was a complete all in one. Very easy to learn how to use. Invoicing in real time at the job site. Looking up past history of a customer at the job without need to call into the office.
No more needing to have Multiple programs.

Cons

Only being a windows base program. I would like to see it for Apple.