Wintac

Wintac is sunsetting January 31, 2022

4.2 /5 (689 reviews) Write a Review!

Kathleen K.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great Dispatching Software and Support Team

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

When I first came to work here 5 years ago, my schedule consisted of a clip board, 11 X 14" paper with columns. That is how I scheduled jobs for my techs. I had been using other scheduling software in other places I had worked and knew that it was possible to use one here. It took me 1 whole year to convince the owner to leave the behind the 60's and welcome in the new millennium. Wintac has been not only a great time saver but being able to reference jobs, techs, material and labor by pushing a few keys is amazing. Thank you Wintac for making my dispatching job fun and easy!

Pros

Scheduling is easy to use. There are various ways to arrive at the customer's account information. I like to access it right from the dispatch screen. Trying to find an address but the house has changed owner's? The "Job Sit Browse" is the place to find any information via street name, tech name or phone number. It is a great feature and saves time.
Color coding appointments makes it easy to glance at dispatch and see exactly what type of appointment is scheduled.
Need to find a work order number quickly? "Find Job" is the perfect just for that.
Another great feature is the "cut and copy" from one account to another. It is definitely a time saver!

The techs on the other end of the phone are the most patient and helpful. Great Service Department.

Cons

One of the biggest issues for me is that it is too easy to make double, even triple accounts for the same home owner. Either because of a misspelled name or someone hasn't taken the time to look to see if there is already an account made. It would be wonderful if the system had a safe-guard that would alert you that :
1.- the address is already in the system or 2.-the phone number is already in the system. It would avoid multiple accounts.
Finally, the screen is too small! It is impossible to see all the tech and helper columns at the same time. Would love to see that improved.

Anthony S.

Wintac let me down

Reviewed on 23/01/2021

wintac was good until the competition went web based and wintac stayed behind. if wintac could be web based and have everything it already had and be a decent price i would probably go back to wintac.

Pros

Great desktop software it literally had everything you needed to run a business without the new fancy stuff. reporting was great, equipment tracking, dispatching, work orders, customer database, pop up windows

Cons

Did not keep up with the competition. mobile software is junk, cannot run a business via mobile with wintac. I had the wintac web portal and it was horrible. need a dedicated server and workstations for this to work. it is not web based.

Delana D.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

Wonderful program, great tech support

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

We really have had no major problems with the program it does payroll and invoices so it saves on paying a printer, you pick the format, how you want it to print, up loading files are easy to add to a specific invoice. Looking up jobs are simple and there are multiple ways to see what technician is scheduled for daily ,weekly or monthly, and you can run multiple businesses using one program. There is a lot of the program we still have not used. It is definitely a good program.

Pros

Any time I need help a representative can always help me. They are courteous and very helpful. The program is easy to use. Making invoices writing checks, adding technicians and sending statements are a breeze. The payroll program is easy to use. Although I have not used the portal yet. The Tech. support is great anytime I call, which is not often.

Cons

The only con is the updates, although they are no hard to do, they are not automatic and are time consuming when you have multiple computers. You can't use the program when you are updating so it is easier to do after hours, but then the Tech support closes at 5 pm. I have only needed them once when updating so I had to wait until the next day.

Sheila W.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Wintac User Friendly

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

We are cutting down on our billing time because of the portals. This is helping our cash flow issues. We are also able to see our cost per hour of our service team. We have had this year more issues caused by Windows 10, but the Wintac team has helped solve them and get us back running when we have issues and are down. We are hoping 2019 all issues are solved.

Pros

Wintac is user friendly, I can train my new service techs fast to use the portal. We love being able to collect money on the service call and totally paperless. We love being able to track the customers equipment and warranties and Wintac has a great process for this application. We are also using the notification system recently and we are loving this feature as well.

Cons

We are a small company with 4 computers and are not able to use the double screen feature. I can be in the middle of payroll and have to get completely out to answer phone and make an order for dispatching a service tech.

Tavie G.

Software overflowing with problems

Reviewed on 29/08/2016

When we first bought this software program, we had asked a series of questions to make sure this was the right product for us. Turns out, over a third of the questions we asked and were told this program could do, was nothing more than a flat out lie. But they could do what we asked if we paid several thousand dollars more than we had already paid, to add in these features we were told that the software already had.

We have been using this software for 2 years now, and are have nothing but problems. I am only going to list the bigger issues we have, mainly because, I'm not writing a novel here, just a review.

-We haven't been able to fill our 2015 taxes so far this year, because our income and expenses from 2014 change every day. We have not been making any changes where these numbers should be changing in any way. This is an extremely serious issue, so far their tech support hasn't been able to tell us why this is happening.

-When we go to look up a customer, more than half the time, the customer account won't show up, as if there is no account at all. Then, same with when we finally do get into the account, half of the service history is just gone. Most the time the accounts will show back up, we will either need to restart the program or open on another computer and then they will be back. But we have lost a few accounts to this glitch, where they never showed back up.

-When writing checks to our vendors, I will put in the amount that needs to be paid, but once the check is written, it is for a complete different amount. This will happen about a third of the time when writing checks, and I have yet to find any reason why this is happening.

-Taxes are not updated annually. Federal taxes should be and need to be updated annually.

-There have been 11 updates to this software so far this year, each causing more problems, one of the most recent being, customer statements. Customer statements were printing the wrong amount due.

-We have to run housekeeping on this software every day. Because if we don't, we are more likely to lose accounts, more reporting issues, more checks incorrectly written, etc.

This software is junk. Their price makes it look good for what they say they offer, but with all these issues, it is a complete waste of money.

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Income and Expense reports changing for no reason, tax tables, customer accounts disappearing, reporting options are very limited, software decides to pay what every amount it feels like.

Karen B.

Great Software

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

I used it for 10 years. Because it was a software It did encounter some bugs and crashes however it may not have been the total fault of the software as it could have been my computer.
I probably had to call Wintac support a handful of times in the 10 years which says a lot about the software. They were helpful for the most part however if you did not have a service plan you would be forced to purchase one to have your issue resolved.

Pros

Very easy to use and has a lot of customizable features.

Cons

It is not web based. I enjoyed using Wintac for many years as it suited my needs for a busy maid company however I have made the switch to a web based application.
If Wintac became web based I would likely still be using it.

Becky B.

Wintac Field Software a Must for our Company

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

After, reluctantly, forcing ourselves to step into the technological age of in-field software applications, we now realize how difficult we were making our lives by continuing without it for so long. Our dispatcher has real time updates, customers have invoices and payments showing immediately, and our technicians can look up job history or schedule follows ups in very little time. Our company is able to instill confidence in our customers & stability in our income by completing the transaction in the customers home, rather than the old fashioned charge out billing we had used for years. We are quite pleased with Wintac Field Service Software and use it with our 3 service technicians. We had previously used Wintac for our day to day operations for over 10 years and added the Field Service Software about 3 years ago. Wintac has always had exceptional customer service. In our experience, this is what has set them apart from the competition and keeps our company coming back year after year.

Pros

Ease of use. Accessibility for our techs on customer history. Accepting payments. Real-time updating for scheduling purposes.

Cons

The area in which we live is rural. Our technicians don't always have service on the tablets, however, this is not the fault of Wintac. That falls on our carrier. Getting set up was a bit of an issue, but, again, Wintac tech support is always there to help even the most technologically challenged.

Mike A.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Wintac response

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Wintac like I siad is easy to use, the only thing I would like them to improve on is the information section, when you look up say purchase orders, it tells you how to set it up, but doesn't really give you to much more information then that. The help center is great once you get a hold of someone, there hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, but as most companies are, that is when normal businesses are open and trying to conduct their activities. I think the help center should be open earlier and later.

Pros

We have been using Wintac for several years and it is easy to use.

Cons

The least thing about Wintac is that the price increase over the past couple of years, I believe it is excessive.

Christine M.

Great software

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Very good software and easy in most aspects and when we can use it to its full capability I feel it could be awesome and do recommend it the support is great when you have it and would not go without it again very expensive if you do not pay the extra support plan.

Pros

we love the email and ease of contact with the customer and processing quotes and daily schedules, customer details and locations and ease of access to the data base

Cons

we haven't figured out a lot of it as we have had so many computer issues but I don't think the reports or maintenance schedules are very helpful and very basic. we Always tend to Have SQL issues.

Lew M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Best bang for the buck.

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

I run my entire A/C business with this software.

Pros

All in one solution, Scheduling, Dispatching & Work Order Management, Equipment Installation and Service Tracking, Work History Tracking, Custom Flat Rate Pricing, Estimating and Proposal Writing, Invoicing, Statements, Automatic Billing, Accounts Receivable, PO management, Purchasing, bill paying and accounts payable, Employee and Payroll Management, Multi-location Inventory Management, etc.

Cons

Remote access and Mobile Computing needs improvement.

Christian R.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great Product and Even Better Customer Service

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Everything from the customer service to the software is easy to use and understand. They have help guides that walk you through the process from start to finish. Just a wonderful product!

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate their software. It's very user friendly. The customer service is outstanding and I love how they can access your computer remotely to help you with whatever problem you're having. I've had nothing but positive interactions with the software and their team!

Cons

Nothing! Literally, I have no cons. It's perfect for our company.

Scott B.

Wintac Pro

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

A little disappointed in one of the recent calls made to customer support. We were having issues and I asked the support rep to hold so I could involve my IT guy so we would not have to call back. He declined and said he was too busy and could not do that so I had him to complete the next computer task which took him thirty minutes. It would have been a 5 minute phone call with my IT guy but he choose to work on the other computer instead. Bottom line is there needs to be more customer support staff.

Pros

The versatility to use and customize towards our company.

Cons

That the complete program is not web based.

Jimmy M.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Wintac Software

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Overall we have had a great experience using Wintac the last 5+ years! It has helped simplify many items done in the office and let our business grow larger every year. We would recommend anyone who schedules many jobs to use Wintac, it will make your life a lot easier!

Pros

Viewing the dispatch board with the option to view it as daily/weekly/monthly.

Cons

Invoices can be a bit complicating especially when teaching a new person how to process them. There is a lot of steps so its a good idea to write them all out to save whoever is doing them in the office.

• Industry: Machinery

Wintac

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

This software allowed our company to be able to move away form carbon copy work orders to live invoicing. This has improved cash flow for the company. This also removes the variables, I.E lost posse boxes full of invoices, billing issues, part number discrepancies and a lot more.

Pros

Being able to have the technicians bill in real time.

Cons

Inventory control options are not as robust as Sage. The actual inventory process is cumbersome and very time consuming. The "average cost" option prevents adjustments. Which to handles corrections, you must create purchase order or invoices. In addition, some setting do not work. Example, purchase orders save new job sites even when setting are set not to.

Phil H.

Selling Out their reputation for $270

Reviewed on 07/04/2015

We are a small construction business getting ready to enter property management repair service as a profit center. Wintac tied as our software initial top choice. We decided to go with them since they are a single product company and assumed we would get better customer service and technical support. We are still building up to our kick-off date and were working to learn Wintac as time is available. A week after placing the order, we sent an email to technical support with questions. It never was, or never has been, replied to. A week later, I called Technical Support and couldn't get through to a rep, so l left our number to have them call back. Five hours later they finally called. We sent a second email that was Cc:d to both the Customer Service Rep and Sales Rep for whom I had an email address with another question. I heard back from the Sales Rep who said technical support had never received my first or second email. (She implied there was a problem with our email system, though it is curious that my email to her got through.) We finally were able to resolve that issue. Five weeks after starting the lease on the software we are ready to go live and started to enter data. We found another issue with the software that they were unable to resolve, so we decided to give up on Wintac and go with our other top choice. Since we had never actually made use of the software, we requested they cancel the agreement and refund the $270. It rarely happens with our company, but if someone is totally unsatisfied with our work we refund their money in order hold to the highest standards and keep our reputation spotless. Therefore, we were not expecting the tirade we receive from the Sales Rep who flatly refused to refund the money for a product we never used. I guess we will be fighting it out with them by contesting the charges on the credit card. This experience has left a sour taste with us about Wintac and won't be referring them, ever. Wintac is definitely not the company we expected, regardless of how good the software may be.

Response from Intac International

Dear Mr. Hobbs,

We are sorry to hear of your grievances with our software and customer service. We are disappointed that you feel so dissuaded from working with us after we tried to accommodate your needs for specific functionality as best we could. Again, our team apologizes for not being able to offer you a satisfactory solution and that you feel we have been unresponsive and unprofessional. We wish you all the best with your new software choice and if there is anything we can do to assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us.

Kindest Regards,
Wintac Customer Care

Florin T.

Dont Buy it

Reviewed on 03/08/2014

Complicated expansive technical support cant give you help with what i need it to do ,cant set customer number the way you want ,you have to use there way i called many time and asked how we can we change the this ,and the told me no ,
Second thing is every time i open the software keeps telling you license is for one user and i have one user no mater how you close every time keeps showing over and over again ,i called them for this problem and they told me that yes it does that happens and no solution for this problem and they told me we will get back to you ,never did
I think that for that money it cost need to have a lot of help witch they want to charge you after first year .
now here is my big problem with wintac cant sync invoices with quick books completely half of information is missing payments are missing work info and i called they told me i was doing something wrong and the tried and could not fix this problem .
I am sorry i bought the software it cost me a ton of money with no help .
I bought alternative to wintac ,ESC software and i,m very happy with it support is fantastic and i wanted some changes on software ,they even made custom changes to fits my needs and no charge,

Response from Intac International

Dear Florin,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Since speaking with you last week, I was shocked to hear that your experience with Wintac has been less than excellent. Our employees strive to provide the best service and support in the industry.

You and I spoke before you purchased Wintac in 2012. With the purchase of the software, we provide a full year of unlimited technical support. Within that time period, I only see a couple calls to our support department that were mutually resolved. After 1 year, you have the option to renew your support and maintenance contract or continue using the software you own. Our significantly reduced upgrade prices are the lowest in the industry.

We were not aware that you were experiencing difficulties and apologize that we really didn't get a chance to help you. I hope you will consider giving Wintac a second chance. Based upon your review and our conversation, I truly believe that the concerns you had could have been effectively resolved.

I am troubled to hear that a Wintac technician was not able to get back to you. We are very sorry and can assure that this was not intentional. Since this is a rare occurrence, we take this very seriously and I escalated this matter to my manager.

If you decide to reconsider, we are always here to help. Please feel free to contact Customer Care at 800-724-7899 and ask for me, Naomi.

Douglas O.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Service & change over to Wintac Portal.

Reviewed on 28/07/2016

Mathew in Support helped me with my final questions before I made my decision. Also on my case number 147180 the person who answered my E-Mail was also very helpful. I have always been impressed by the competency of your staff & their knowledge.

Pros

As mentioned before works great & is all in one.

Cons

Can't drill down like QuickBooks but still great value & operation for the price.

Joanne M.

Love it

Reviewed on 26/01/2018

A great addition to our workplace. Has greatly assisted in our billing and employee data base. Very easy to learn and use.

Pros

Ease of use. Great customer service, very professional and helpful representatives who are always willing to help.

Cons

Sometimes wait time to speak to a representative could be frustrating. A few glitches at times, but once we get someone on the line, we are able to rectify the problem.

Barbara M.

Program friendly

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Less manual paperwork and recording of labor, materials and job descriptions. Makes invoicing much faster.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Converting information to QB is simple and fast. Keeping track of time and materials on jobs is convenient.

Cons

Had several errors and freeze ups. However problems seemed to have been resolved relatively fast.

• Customer Support Software

Friendly upfront but watch out after

Reviewed on 08/10/2016

I have to say that anything was better than our old system. Keeping that in mind the rep was very sneaky when he sold the software to me. I purchased one license and the mobile system which I did not need at first. Here is what he did not tell me that bothers me now. Every time you add another computer it is an additional 1k and up per computer if you want to use that computer separate from the first licensed computer. You can use on as many as you want but not at the same time. That is a pain in the you know what. Every time you add another computer license your support fee also goes up.How does that make any sense if you want to ask a question you re penalized for all computers. Being a small business owner every penny counts. The support center is weak and there are long hold times and uninspired help. ATTITUDE ATTITUDE ATTITUDE!!! It's easy to have when you have your customers over a barrel. I wish I could of paid one flat fee upfront for my needs. Save your money and buy something else with better service and support for a reasonable price.

Cons

Purchasing multiple licenses
Terrible support/customer service
We don't care now because we have your money ATTITUDE
Sneaky sales techniques
Expensive customer support per licenses that you purchase

Roland A.

JUST FANTASTIC.

Reviewed on 15/11/2018

Pros

I have used Wintac for a while in managing my business and i must say that it is a fantastic software. the fact that you have everything in one spot is very good. it is very easy to use. easy to customize and has a excellent customer service. scheduling to has been made easy.

Cons

Certain features gives error message but aside this Wintac is a fantastic software and i entreat every small to medium enterprise to try. i know you wouldn't Regret it.

Danny N.

It went very well.

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Pros

The dispatching and easy access to Wintac. Like all the features of being able to find additional programs that work for us.

Cons

Having to call support and then saying they cannot help unless we update or buy technical support programs. It's like we are charged to call and ask questions when we are having issues.

Matthew G.

• Customer Support Software

Good for what it is designed for

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Pros

Prepares proposals with ease. We use it primarily with job tracking and setup and for writing proposals to our customers.

Cons

accounting function not as robust as our needs require. We supplement Wintac with QuickBooks for accounting. Wintac is for the operation side of the business

Lisa S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Advancing

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Wintac has some great ideas and I like the fact that it is an all inclusive system. That being said, I think that it is in need of being updated, simplified,/dummy proofed

Pros

I like that we have an electronic schedule that our techs can see in the field!

Cons

Is not very user friendly, Prefer QuickBooks functionality for billing. (much easier to use)

Joseph H.

Wintac software experience

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

We have been using Wintac for 17 years. I think that alone tells you how they are.

Pros

All in one software. Very comprehensive, but is adaptable to what you want to use and what you don't. The customer service side is great. I have never not been able to get help on something.