#1 Most User-Friendly Software to Run a Service Business

4.3 /5 (291 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
Ted S.
Industry: Construction

Excellent functionality and ease of use

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Kickserv offers us the opportunity to quickly reschedule and update work orders in real time. The Quikbooks integration saves us time and money because we only enter customer info once.

Pros

Kickserv enabled us to scale up the business and offers us excellent tracking for billing, communication, and customer service.

Cons

There are no issues or downside for my company.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you Ted. Your loyalty and willingness to take a moment to give us feedback is worth a lot to us. I hope it also helps others.
Cheers!

Ruben L.

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall this software has gotten way better and way easier for me to do my contracts and upload my information

Pros

Can upload multiple photos at the same time, make them shareable and also can save notes

Cons

In the beginning it wouldn’t allow me to upload multiple photos

Scott R.

Kickserv is a great app that I have used for my Piano Service Company.

Reviewed on 24/06/2017

Pros

All inclusive connectivity of all the data needed to run my (Piano Service) business. I consider myself a fairly expert user of kickserv, using it from its early inception, then called ' Service Sidekick'. I am totally on board to help bring it to its fullest potential, so dont take the cons section too hard...I use the system every day, all through the day, and my entire operation depends on this most awesome application.

Cons

Software is gradually degrading. Latest update published makes KS sluggish, screen freezes constantly during scrolling. Reports have been altered to the point of useless.
Quadruple redundant data entry, creating and closing an event, then a job.
No auto fill on repeated fields.
Phone numbers require dashes be entered. Format the field for straight 10 digit entry.
Area code, city, and state are almost always the same in my service area. Why dont these fields hold and auto fill the last data entered? Internet standard these days is that the state is a 'state' field, only accepting 2 CAP characters in verified state identifiers.
No notification if email is successful, and no notice when messages fail. This has caught me with my pants down with customers...( yes customers, not contacts) emailing time sensitive invoices and opportunitys.... guys, they are ESTIMATES, Not opportunitys!!
Stripe send a payment received email notification...Awesome.
The text is the problem. First words of auto generated notification says Congratulations!.
Congratulations? We are small businesses....we take money, every day, all day. It is inapropriate, and smacks of a Condesending viewpoint.

Miss labled fields: My customers are my 'customers' , not my 'contacts'. New address verify is great on service address, Why does it not verify billing address? Getting paid is a very important aspect of small business. Makes no sense.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Scott,
We agree that April and May were not good months for Kickserv. We are so very sorry. We did correct the couple of issues that were inherited from the massive migration of hundreds of original customers from our legacy platform. We regret not anticipating those issues prior.
I would like to clarify some points you made:
1. We do not require dashes in phone numbers fields.
2. We do indicate if an email has failed in your Dashboard > email activity page.
3. Opportunities is a way to make our program more applicable to more people. When you do send out the template it does say estimate. We can help you with how it looks if you need something custom. Let me know.
4. Regarding your comment about the billing address, typically we are not verifying the address so much as we are just indicating on the map where that service address located for routing purposes and driving instructions.

Leeann B.

Great customer service every time!

Reviewed on 26/12/2017

Pros

This software is easy to use and some really great features... I like that I can drag appointments from one day to the next if needed. And contact customer service if needed easily.

Cons

I wish there were more alerts that would come up - such as an alert that will come up when scheduling someone that has an open balance so that we can let the customer know when scheduling, also what would be really helpful is if there was an alert that pops up stating that there is already a scheduled appointment open for that customer to avoid potentially double booking a customer (sometimes a wife will call to schedule and the husband may have already scheduled and it gets confusing). When scheduling multiple days on jobs I wish it didn't go on top of the calendar but blocked out the time. Also wish that there was an alert that would come up if a customer address is already in the database to avoid duplicates. Also, wish that email reminders were able to customize so that we could change time frames as we schedule in 2 hour increments - so we are really not able to use the feature which is one of the reasons we picked this scheduling software over others.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Leeann - thank you for your time and feedback. To help avoid duplicate bookings our best practice is to search customers by street address prior to booking. Street addresses are very unique and will display any prior events for that location.

Ambyr E.

Asked for help, via the chat bubble, tech Tina responded within a few hours!

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

The software is very organized, easy to navigate through, I like that there's more than one way to search for something. I think the Dispatch View is an amazing concept! I am in the service industry and have technicians that I send all over S. OC, having a map right there and not having to switch back and forth with google maps would be wonderful! I really hope they will be able to fully incorporate it into the software. The texting concept is another wonderful idea I recently saw added. A lot of my customers ask for texts because their at work and in meetings etc, so to have this feature fully functional would be another efficient bonus!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. Recently, the Kickserv Team had to do a massive switch over, customers from their old software switched over to the new one and it caused problems across the board. However, our business didn't suffer too much and Kickserv's tech team was on a solution right away! I also really appreciated their update blog while they were fixing everything. We also had a problem with syncing to Quickbooks and Quickbooks locking our ability to change contact info from Kickserv. But that's been fixed as well!

Dorian M.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Good experience overall, customer support time is frustrating tho...

Reviewed on 23/08/2017

We boost productivity big time with this software!

Pros

This software offers great functionality and customization, so far has been the one that adapted the most to our requirements. New functionalities are added on weekly basis which is really nice. Price is very accessible for small business. Is easy to use once that you get the grip on it which takes time because some stuff is somehow counter intuitive, I seriously recommend getting the paid support/training sessions otherwise you will get very frustrated.
integration with QB and use of credit card payment is solid.

Cons

Customer support time is frustrating, they take at least several hours to get back to you then sometimes they will reply and stop answering for another several hours, this made us almost regret our decision when setting up our account. They offer documentation for the software but a lot of topics are mere drafts and do not contain a lot of information. Despite the fact that they answer really slow they are very helpful with the answers provided and you can be sure your problem will get solve 90% of the time or a feature request will be placed.

Sometimes the system gets really slow , specially on Monday mornings and end of the month, contacting support and letting them know seems to fix the issue most of the time...

The Android app could use some improvement although it has improve a lot in the last 6 months.

Ashly W.
Industry: Retail

Best value and

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Pros

We have used the software since about 2012. It is very user friendly and allows our company to schedule and keep track of our customers on a daily basis. We love the ability to create reports and sort data but services used, how often customers use us, amount spent, ect. The staff at Kickserv is responsive and easy to work with if a question or problem arises. Kickserv syncs seamlessly with quick books and allows us to easily keep our books up to date. We have just recently started using the credit card processing add on. It was again, seamless and easy to use. Very happy and attribute the program to our continued success!

Cons

There are a few upgrades I would love to see...such as taking a discounted about off certain items. For our business a check box form would be helpful in the tuneup each of the technician s perform, however for the dollars spent it is a great program at a great value.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ashly. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Tracy A.
Industry: Utilities

New to Kickserv and enjoying it

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Getting notes in so owner in a city over 500 miles away can read it NOW. Getting invoices to the contractors as soon as the jobs are complete.

Pros

What I like most about Kickserv is that fact that its real time. NO waiting for uploads or updates. Someone notes it, it shows now Someone sends an invoice NOW....someone views the invoice NOW. And all data can be cross referenced making locating someone so much easier.

Cons

I am still new to Kickserv so I haven't come across much I don't like. I find it annoying when I add someone in and the address doubles itself.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Tracy,
Thank you for your review! Please know that we really do appreciate your time and feedback. Plus, as a new user make sure to use our in-app chat support because we are here to help.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Lindsey B.

Kickserve review

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Kickserv is overall amazing an makes my job super easy!

Pros

Kickserve is extremely easy to use. They always offer help icons. It is always being up to date to stay with the flow of new things.

Cons

The only negative is when they did a recent update when we are in a client folder and the top right jobs box reflects all jobs not just the job we are working on now. So as far as what a client owes gets supper confusing. Was easier when t just reflected current open job.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lindsey. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Robbin Y.
Industry: Machinery

This app is so easy to use and stores all of our job files.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Our company was able to take our job files from about 20 filing cabinets to ZERO by using Kickserv. No more making copies of every bit of paper to keep in a filing cabinet, no more filing. This app is so easy to use and so flexible. I love it

Pros

I love that all of our job files are stored in 1 place, our customers have access to paperwork that we allow them to see. Also, that all of our employees can access the files they need when they need them no matter where they are, in the office or on the road.

Cons

1 thing I would like to see changed is that it is only compatible with quickbooks and not other accounting softwares. I understand why but wish it was compatible with the software my company uses.

Amanda T.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great Software

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

Pros

I use primarily for maintenance scheduling. Works well with the techs being able to see their jobs remotely and it updates in real time. Its great for invoicing as well and syncing with QB

Cons

Nothing negative to say. Wish i knew more about all the functions. Would possible get more use out of it.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Amanda,
Your company has been a very loyal customer for close to 6 years now! Thank you. SUPER review! Thank you for the terrific feedback. We love hearing about how easy our QuickBooks integration is to use, and I believe your feedback will help others. Plus, be on the lookout for my invitation to join a Success Call where we provide a fresh look at all the tools within Kickserv.

Matt M.
Industry: Machinery

Overall very happy with the system and continue to be impressed with all the changes.

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Everything in one place and easy to view open quotes and current jobs.

Pros

Internet based being able to get it on my phone when out of office. I use my tablet and phone from home and this is very important to me.

Cons

I get frustrated with the frequent slow load times lateley. I know that is being worked on and I apprecaite that because it is crippling when we cannot get to the information when speaking with a customer. I ALSO WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU COULD HAVE A PHOTO ON THE CUSTOMER PAGE THAT PULLS UP IN THE FIRST CLICK OF THE ACCOUNT. SMALL PHOTO LIKE WHAT IS IN NOTES BUT IN THE MAIN VIEW. DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE. JUST A SUGGESTION

Rachel C.

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Kickserv is great but we are limited. I like the fact it continues to upgrade and that they consider all request. However, there plenty of dynamics that are lacking in the capacity we would like to utilize.

Pros

Continuous improvements that are made that improvement data entries etc

Cons

Does not have all that is needed to use without additional resources.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Rachel,
Thank you for your feed back and EXCELLENT scoring of support for our product. You and I did discuss your companies desires for more custom type fields on the web and mobile versions and to make some of the fields required. We are working towards a better inventory integration as well as further enhancing our GPS and job costing features.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Pete S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Support is Everything

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in support has been the #1 benefit to this software, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a close second. Most of these software packages are similar, but Kickserv support has been the best I've ever experienced.

Cons

Tends to be 6 months to 1.5 years behind my wants/desires. But, they always come later.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you Pete! It has been great working with you and your service crew all these years. And we have added more developers to increase our process from idea to production. More good stuff on its way to your app.

Charles M.
Industry: Utilities

Office Mananger

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

I find the program very easy to use, from having zero training to just diving in and learning as I go I find it easy to move around in.

Pros

I like the new feature of being able to move your charges and I can verify if invoices have been viewed and when.

Cons

Not being able to create a report that show's individual sales

Response from Kickserv

Hi Charles,
You have a been a very loyal customer for over 3 years! Thank you. Your viewpoints were insightful. Make sure to reach out to us with our in-app chat support for help creating an individual report because we are here to help.

Maribel C.
Industry: Nanotechnology

Fast customer service

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

I really like that i can really organize everything for each individual, and like how if i dont understand how to do one thing i can get help really quickly.

Pros

What i really like about this software is that if i have a questions, somebody typically responds within the day and can help me or tell me what i can do to fix this.

Cons

What i dont like is that the button to ask questions is on the bottom right and sometimes is in the way of me either pressing on something or viewing on something.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Maribel, thank you so much for your kind words about our Support Team here at Kickserv. They really are amazing! Plus, we really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Martha D.

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Its great and I don't have any problems with it myself

Pros

It's easy & the tools are functional to every user!

Cons

On the mobile app the techs sometimes have to refresh a few times to view their schedule

Response from Kickserv

Hi Martha,
SUPER review! Your company has been a very loyal customer for close to 3 years now! Thank you. I believe your review will help others. We are in business to help you succeed.

Susan P.

I think Kickserv is a great product.

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Pros

The software is easy to learn and has a lot of functions that we are able to use. They are constantly updating and adding new features.

Cons

The times that we have lag issues really make it hard to some days almost impossible to run our business. Customer support is great, but sometimes when we point out problems they are not always addressed right away.

Fran V.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

great app, easy to use, customer support is great

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

We think this is great for a small to mid size company to get up with technology

Pros

billing, integration with Quickbooks... calendar & scheduling. We now use this for our customer database for mailers, contact, etc.

Cons

wish there would be a gps integration so we could also track technicians and where they are, should be simple to do with using app on phone/iPad

Kari P.
Industry: Construction

I love this software and would be lost without it!

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Tracking customers and scheduling

Pros

It is super easy to use and covers all of my day-to-day operating needs. The scheduling is easy and the customer database is quickly searchable and tracks everything.

Cons

I do wish the reporting was a little easier to manipulate. I have trouble generating reports that I can use for a few things.

Jason J.

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

It had allowed us to easily bid, schedule and invoice jobs.
It has allowed us to reduce our office time significantly.

Pros

It seamlessly transfers information from customer, to job, to invoice
It's easy to use
It puts everything at your fingertips quickly and efficiently

Cons

It doesn't do everything we need it to, we have to make workarounds.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jason. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Scott A.

For the most part the software is great to use, just which it was more flexible.

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

it make schduling for service very easy.

Pros

It is great for scheduling, and changing schedule, also very good for invoicing and invoicing information,

Cons

There are times I wish it was more flexible, like changing a job type from repair to estimate, I also wish it would transfer information from Kick Serv to Quick Books

Jackie D.
Industry: Consumer Services

Kickserv saved my business

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Ability to properly manage my company

Pros

Creates an easy to use platform to manage hectic schedules and clients. Prior to finding the little ninja guy I was losing my mind trying to keep things organized.

Cons

It is a bit annoying when you call support and have to leave a message. BUT that is only a con here because it has a box to write one. I really don't need to call support to often. They did a great job with creating accessible help forms online

Jesse M.
Industry: Medical Practice

Ender User of Kickserve

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

It has always worked perfectly when i need to use it other than portrait landscape issue.

Pros

it is very easy to use, it does what i need it to do in the field.

Cons

The app needs support for portrait and landscape, i use do everything on my ipad with a keyboard which makes app virtually useless, so i end up using web browser version of kick service to all my invoicing.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you, Jesse. Your loyalty and willingness to take a moment to give us feedback is worth a lot to us. Reach out to us with our in-app chat support regarding your specific iPad functionality because improvements have been made within the new app version.

Kristy S.
Industry: Environmental Services

Best management software

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

This is the best management program I will not use another

Pros

I love that I can do so many things with kirkserv manage my employees , and schedule, do invoicing and payments and more so user friendly

Cons

There is nothing that I did not like about kickserv

Response from Kickserv

Hello Kristy,
Wow! That is the experience work to provide all our customers. If there is ever any questions or concerns use that blue chat bubble in the bottom right.