Mailchimp

4.5 (16,879)
Email and advertising marketing automation platform

(16,879)
Customer Support Software
4.2/5

Evelyn
Evelyn
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Best option for mailing automatization

Reviewed on 08/11/2020

I started using Mailchimp a few years ago for my wedding photography business, we were two users and found it very easy to work both on the software, plan marketing campaigns, client following mail and newsletters, it let us know if the mails were open with a certain time and if not we were given the option to resend them. Now I'm also using mailchimp for my personal blog and it makes the process very easy as I have my subscribers list already there and I just add up while it grows.

Pros

Mailchimp is very easy to use and has a free option for freelance or people starting their business or community. I tried other mailing software but mailchimp is the one that gives more options on free and starter account. It offers segmentation options, automatization and what I love the most are the templates for any kind of mailing campaign. It helps a lot with newsletter to easily send them, track the reading and opening and growing the subscribers.

Cons

It is easy to use but not so intuitive in the beginning, it takes a little bit of time to understand the interface and how it works. The mobile app do not offer a lot of options, yet is a very nice mailing option.

Zoho Mail and Bitrix24

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp is much more friendly and easy tu use.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

It has free options for my personal projects, and I find it easy to use specially with the email templates.
Chris
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Mailchimp is a solid tool that we use frequently

Reviewed on 06/12/2023

We have successfully used this tool for several years to engage with our customer base.

Pros

It is very easy to manipulate the contacts with each audience, and further segment them into groups for campaigns.

Cons

Even though their contact management is a solid tool, I don't like the search & edit functions for individual contacts.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

At the time, it just didn't have all the features that we needed. I'm not sure how it compares now.

JangoMail
Jami
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Good for minimal use

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

I needed a simple CRM and this fills the very bare minimum.

I needed a simple CRM and this fills the very bare minimum.

Pros

It is very easy to use for email marketing (natch) and contact management. We don't need very robust features in our CRM anymore, and this basically fits the bill. As an email platform it's great, especially if you don't want any customization or have special needs.

Cons

There are several places on the website that are very misleading about the feature set. In fact, there have been three different articles I've called support to implement, and none of them are available. Also, it's a subsidiary of Intuit, so you would think it would be a nice integration with Quickbooks Online. It really offers nothing in the way of a helpful integration, and it doesn't offer any way to collect payments or keep track of customers buying patterns.

Ben Marcoux
Ben Marcoux
  • Used for 2+ years

Why I Don't Use Mailchimp

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

I have used MailChimp to set up a few campaigns for clients. I also started out on it because they used to offer 1,000 contacts for free. Integrating it with the different tools wasn't too tough. But it's not great at contact management and I don't recommend it if you're going to be doing any serious (or even quasi serious) email marketing.

Pros

MailChimp is pretty easy to use and integrates with most page builders and websites. So you can quickly have an email form set up and start driving traffic to get people on your email list. They also have good support in regards to getting back to you quickly.

Cons

MailChimp lacks features and power that make it competitive in the marketplace. I couldn't ever go back to it. The tool itself doesn't do everything I need it to. And as if that's not enough, I know of several people who have been shut down and had their accounts erroneously canceled by MailChimp for violating terms of service. So they were locked out of their account and had all of their email contacts erased without warning. And these were not "black hat" businesses. These were regular, small, mom and pop shops, including a florist.

Constant Contact, Ontraport, Keap, and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose Mailchimp because they were offering the first 1,000 contacts for free in a promotion. And these other software (except for Constant Contact and AWeber) were really expensive. I didn't know what I was doing and what I was looking for with an email service provider. And I was just starting out and super broke at the time so "free" couldn't be beaten. However, the relationship didn't last long and I quickly moved on to AWeber. That didn't last long either, and I moved on to ActiveCampaign and haven't looked back since.
Janelle
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

Can't think of a better tool to run our email campaigns

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

I love using Mailchimp to run our email campaigns. It has a very intuitive and user friendly interface, which makes it a lot easier to use in the beginning. But it's also got tons of advanced features like custom metrics and design features. It's got good performance and great uptime. Overall, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to start doing email marketing.

Pros

1. It's very easy to start using for the first time. All the KPIs are already on there automatically, so all you need to do is upload a contact list, choose and edit a template, and schedule it to send whenever you want.

2. There are tons of integrations available. It makes it so much easier to connect your CRM and other tools.

Cons

Many of the newer features (like forms) kinda feel incomplete. They're good for basic stuff but don't have all the features of standalone tools.

MailerLite and Brevo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp looked so much more developed compared to the others. It had the edge both on the design side and advanced features. And the pricing was very similar, so we chose to go with it.

Mailchimp made email marketing a breeze

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

Pros

Mailchimp was leading the way in drag and drop email design user interface, when other alternatives were still clunky and hard to use. This made using Mailchimp a breeze to create beautiful emails and campaigns. They continue to improve the email design editor and have stayed ahead of the competition.

Cons

The flow automations tool wasn't originally as advanced as other competitors, however they have overcome that with all of their recent improvements to the automation capabilities and user interface.

Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The email design editor won hands down compared to Campaign Monitor at the time.
  • Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use; powerful email marketing tool

Reviewed on 12/01/2024

Love it! Always my go to email marketing software.

Love it! Always my go to email marketing software.

Pros

It’s really easy to use, highly visual and analytics are excellent.

Cons

The price for large databases can escalate quickly (but the option to pause subscriptions is welcomed)

HubSpot Marketing Hub and MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I trust it and it’s quick to set up and better value than Hubspot for this purpose.
Chad
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Mailchimp is an invaluable tool in our dance studio

Reviewed on 23/03/2024

Mailchimp is one of our favorite tools when running our business. We recommend it to anyone who wants to reach their audience creatively and effectively.

Pros

Mailchimp offers a user friendly interface making it simple to navigate and use efficiently. Our favorite features include: email template creation, duplicating campaigns to use over and over as we need them, scheduling campaigns in the future making easy to "set it and forget it" giving our employees the ability to complete other tasks. Tracking our emails and who and when they were read is also a very valuable tool.

Cons

There are some limitations within the free version of the software. However, there are plenty of features to take advantage of without spending any money.

Mike

Easily setup your email marketing campaigns

Reviewed on 23/03/2024

Good, really happy overall with the performance of our emails being delivered.

Good, really happy overall with the performance of our emails being delivered.

Pros

It's easy to set up your email marketing campaigns and fire an automation sequence of emails based on different triggers.

Cons

All contacts are counted as contacts, even those who are not active or unsubscribed, so you need to delete them yourself otherwise you're paying more.

MailerLite and Acumbamail

ActiveCampaign
Aaron
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The best email generation tool out there

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

We've used mailchimp to stay in monthly contact with our customer base. Sending monthly cocktails, events we've worked and staying in front of the customer on a regular basis. Templates are excellent, importing is flawless. Just a great overall experience.

Pros

Importing email contacts, ease of use, templates to choose from, scheduling features, customer service.

Cons

I have no negatives to state at this time.

Amy

• Customer Support Software

Inuitive and Robust: Mailchimp makes it easy to create campaigns that deliver

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

I've used Mailchimp for about 12 years. I've also used Constant Contact and Emma. I liked that Emma gave me a live account rep. I liked that Constant Contact had a trustworthy legacy feel. But Mailchimp feels like home. It's a perfect combination of a boutique platform like Emma + a legacy system like Constant Contact. They have a stellar free-level package (up to 2,000 addresses) that makes them a no-brainer go-to for any small or start-up company.

Pros

Mailchimp has easy and intuitive drag-and-drop campaign building blocks that make it easy to create professional emails and campaign landing pages. It's easy to connect Mailchimp to your online store to embed products, customize campaigns to folks who've opted in to lists or purchased particular products at your online store, and you can automate complete email/landing page chains. What you're able to accomplish with Mailchimp is only limited by your imagination, and the longer you work with it and explore it, the more value it yields. Somehow Mailchimp is able to deliver all this on a chassis that's simple and intuitive. For more sophisticated setups, they have a robust library you can access that's very useful. Perhaps the most important thing that I've appreciated about Mailchimp over the 10+ years I have used them is their unwavering dedication to ensuring the health of your list -- and therefore the health of the entire platform. They do a great job of educating marketers about how to ensure your campaigns are successful not just in the short run, but also overall, over many, many mailings and contacts. They keep marketers abiding by good email marketing principles, which means the platform is trusted by inboxes everywhere. Deliverability is very important to me and to my clients. I have more than once schooled my clients, armed with data and principles that Mailchimp taught me (both the easy way and the hard way).

Cons

Any gripe I might have with Mailchimp is the same gripe I would have with any email platform. I would like their email and landing page-building software (or web-building software) to be as intuitive as Squarespace, which is honestly a whole other level of drag-and-drop, so perhaps a pipe dream. Over the years, I also haven't felt like I had a good support option. Their help page goes to the Mailchimp "knowledgebase" of articles, so everything I've ever learned about Mailchimp came from sussing it out myself through trial and error, through searching their Knowledgebase, or with a quick Google search. I do see they have a chat feature, which is great. But honestly in 10+ years I've pretty much had to wing it on this platform and it's still my fave, which says a lot. The only other thing I hope they improve is the automated email chain engine. Honestly, it feels a little glitchy.

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

• Customer Support Software

A Necessary Tool for a 21st Century Business that's Reasonably Easy to Use, with Great Support

Reviewed on 14/09/2019

We are required to send out newsletters to our investors (over 800 of them), and this had made it easy to design good-looking emails. And you can save templates, etc., to use over and over and modify them each time. We've never had a technical problem with it, although we've had issues with 3rd party apps and linked software connecting to Mailchimp. But I contacted their support and they were able to help me fix the issue, even though it wasn't their own software! I thought that was nice of them. They could've said "That's not our app, so we can't help you," but they didn't -- they walked me through a fix.

Pros

It has to be their support chat function and their useful Help articles. I did not get into my business so that I could run mail marketing software, so I appreciate anything that helps ease the learning curve. Email marketing is a necessary evil, and Mailchimp lessens the unpleasantness considerably. With no prior experience, we got up and running quickly. (We tried a few of these apps, and this one seemed the easiest.) It's complicated running email campaigns and newsletters, but once we mastered a few basics, I was very happy with the results. And it scales up as you grow. When our mailing list grew, it did not become exponentially harder to use. They offer a lot of bells and whistles that we don't need/use, but our emails look good and are easy to compose, adding graphics, etc. It automates a lot of repetitive tasks for you -- like your footer and address, etc. And we've never had a problem getting reported as spam.

And this may seem minor, but I like the whimsical nature of the occasional chimp graphics. Don't get me wrong -- this is work, not play, but it's nice to see a little chimp every once in a while when you complete certain tasks. Business is hard, so a little levity along with the functionality is welcome.

Cons

The price! It gets expensive quickly. I guess the upside to that is it makes you hone your marketing so you are profitable. You have to cut out waste and hone your mailing list so that it's more efficient. And from my research, the other programs cost about the same. I don't mind paying for ease-of-use, but I wish they would explain "cleaning" and "archiving" and other functions that would help me get my monthly costs down. I'm not planning on jumping ship anytime soon, but if they raise their prices again (they just raised them recently), then I will be gone.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp was easier and suited our needs more. Also friends recommended it.

Easier to use.
Doru
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Using Mailchimp to enhance our customer journey

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Used Mailchimp for a few years - switched to it from Constant Contact (and loved the change), switched from it to Exact Target (and didn't like it at all). Now back into the fold, but at a new business.
First usage - B2B communication with a few thousand contacts, really happy with how it worked, reporting could have been more robust, but for our needs it was ok.
Second usage - B2C communication with some thousands of contacts - and growing - via a e-shop interface. Like it so far, colleagues also happy with its functionality and ease of usage compared to previous solutions.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive for the average user
Integrates well with our pre-existing ecommerce solution
Developments over the last few years (have been using it since 2010-ish at a previous job) are very well thought through and customer centric

Cons

WYSIWYG... at times. As long as what you want to do (visually) is close to its idea of what things should look like, it's great - if you need something further from the visuals/format it expects, results might vary.
Initial integration with PrestaShop was a little wonky - still not sure whether it was a PrestaShop or a Mailchimp issue, will update the review once we have it fully figured out

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Better functionality, ease of usage, friendly interface

Ease of usage, cost.
Trevor

• Customer Support Software

A must-have for the start-up email marketer or business just starting in email marketing

Reviewed on 01/01/2020

I went from doing 0 email marketing, to being very competent in email marketing with Mailchimp. From Day 1 until Year 2+, I keep discovering new tools and features within the platform that allow me to grow clients and their businesses. With the new features that mailchimp keeps adding in as well, I think they're going to stick around for a long while.

Pros

Mailchimp is incredibly easy to use, and can be taken from setup to launch in less than a day if you put in some effort. While there are platforms with more features than mailchimp, those are A) commonly much much more expensive, and B) harder to use unless you know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Cons

Two things:

1. Their removal of the plugin with Shopify was incredibly shortsighted. The vast majority of clients we used mailchimp for were on Shopify, and the connection between the two was one of those beautiful things that kept us coming back and recommending them again and again. Using them has become more difficult since that was removed.

2. If you are trying to go down the rabbithole and target super-specific customers, you may run out of segmentation ability on Mailchimp. At the time of writing this review, you could only combine 5 criteria to create a custom segment, and your segment could only be created as 'user matches all criteria' or 'user matches any of the criterion'. This makes it hard to get your segment just right. However, if you are really needing to make THAT custom of segments regularly (based on past conditional behavior, ESP, etc.) you probably have a bigger budget and can go get one of those fancier email sending platforms.

Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp was both cheaper, and more robust for what we needed. Additionally, the Constant Contact revenue tracking (through custom UTMs per campaign) was a mess.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

We still use Klaviyo a lot (and love it) but for the business that is just getting started in email marketing, Klaviyo's cost is too high and it comes with features that likely won't be needed in Year 1.
Alekhya

• Customer Support Software

"Best way to outreach your business to numerous clients in a single click"

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

It's a time saving boon as per my view as I can easily send bulk mails in a single click with no more heavy work. Mailchimp made my weekly tasks easier by making my business contacts closer to me as I was able to quickly establish a business relation with my clients through scheduled and follow up emails regularly which I personally feel so beneficial to my business development.

Pros

It's great that eye catchy banners and images can be designed as per our imagination for my email posts, social media boosting etc. I can use this tool to easily show my design creativity using the creative assistant of the content studio. It allows an admin to carry a scheduled management of bulk emailing to ample of customers which is also the best part of this tool usage where in businesses can be contated through a single click automated email marketing tool.

Cons

The only feature that always worried me is the bulk email marketing function, where when i sent bulk emails at the same time sometimes the receivers mail box would consider my mail as spam or bot due to the same content inscribed in the mail. If this feature could be overcomed I can surely say that mailchimp is the best automated email marketing tool in the current era.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose mailchimp over GetResponse because initially i wanted to have a trail with this software for free so that i can get the fully paid version based upon my experience after testing with the trail version. But GetResponse doesnt have a free plan for testing it. But mailchimp allowed me to have a free plan for trail version. I was liking Mailchimp upon trying the free plan with trail version and then purchased the fully paid version currentl for my business.
PETER
  • Industry: Music

Super-Appealing. Informative. Eclectic.

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

It’s my vehicle for marketing. I can communicate everything I need in one letter to lots of people. I switched to another product because it was connected with my website, but their newsletter features were too difficult for me to learn. I dropped them and demanded my money back. Mail Chimp is the way to go.

Pros

If I can use it, ANYONE can use it! Seriously! I am a music guy with a growing music school. I don’t read directions. Mail Chimp is very intuitive. I can gather all sorts of related information in one attractive newsletter for all my clients, instructors, performers, performances, and theater staff. It allows everyone to see what’s going on, find out more about one or all items, and it’s presented in a way that doesn’t cram a million words and pics into one page.

Cons

Mail Chimp has added tons of features since I started. Along with the added features, the price went up. I only use the newsletter feature but Mail Chimp offers website creation which I’m considering switching to.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

GoDaddy (For newsletters) was too difficult to use and I had to demand my money back.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mail Chimp was my first choice and is simply intuitive for me.
Melissa

Great for Beginners

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

Overall we have had a great experience with Mailchimp. We plan to grow and implement and use more of the features as we learn how to use them and as our organization grows. I regularly recommend mailchimp to others.

Pros

We started using Mailchimp for our non profit so we could move from text only emails to pretty designed emails. I love the Mailchimp email templates and we were able to personalize it to reflect the branding of our organization. To be honest we only use a small part of what Mailchimp is actually capable of. Every few months as we have time to investigate we test out new features. Many areas that scared us at first (A/B testing, segmentation, etc.) were actually very easy to implement and the basic instructions provided by Mailchimp were all I needed. If I wanted more information, I found that the internet was full of great video tutorials as well.

Cons

I don't love the reporting....but I have't taken time to see if there are better ways to customize our reporting either. So that might be user problems. I also wish it was easier to adjust the template areas from 1 to 2 or 3 columns without needing to create a whole new template.

Squarespace and Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

We wanted to be able to design our emails to be more visually appealing.

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

In the end we chose Mailchimp because everyone we know is using it.
Emeka
Emeka

• Customer Support Software

"Automation of messages vital for organizations and for the people who are beginning to...

Reviewed on 05/09/2021

It has this magnificent convenience; extraordinary advantage; generally excellent conveyance rate; heaps of free provisions (testing, email computerization and reconciliations) great instructive substance.

Pros

Overall involvement in the device is awesome, it was useful in all viewpoints I required. Obviously, a free arrangement consistently has limits, however the paid arrangement likewise introduced a few focuses that in my work model were fundamental. Be that as it may, it is as yet a phenomenal and all around perceived instrument. I know many individuals who use it and don't stop talking positive about it. I actually prescribe it to numerous business visionaries who are just starting out in online deals. Mailchimp is awesome.

MailChimp appeared to me by some coincidence, And I decided to utilize it for my work. An incredible choice for those simply beginning or for little, medium or enormous organizations that need to automate contact with their clients. It's absolutely instinctive and has a first rate design. It grabbed my eye when I made some Landing Pages and ran over a few models. Thoroughly free. Absolutely precise and opportune email arrangement. Another positive point is the quantity of clients that we can store in the free arrangement, up to 3000 contacts.

Cons

It truly is incredible promoting programming, however, even as there is robotization, the provisions are essential; instrument are all in English and it is beyond the realm of imagination to expect to make greeting pages upgraded for a better yield.

Mashudu Hilary

• Customer Support Software

Excellent Email marketing tool which gets a bit complicated at times.

Reviewed on 27/08/2022

Mailchimp has been a great boost for my small business. It has really great features which makes it really easy to stay in touch with clients while marketing brands, conducting research or sending an occasional newsletter. It is however quite difficult to navigate sometimes and can be a challenge for some users.

Pros

I started using MailChimp a while ago and I love all the ways it helps my small business. Firstly, I love how it is a nifty tool for keeping an eye on clients and effectively engaging with them. I like how it can be easily consolidated with many other software and the variety of languages it comes in. I think it's really nice and convinient that the software can be easily deployed from different types of gadgets and operating systems. I very much appreciate the auto responder option because it cuts out the manual labour that I would otherwise go through if I had to spend hours sending emails one by one. The survey builder is really great, market research can be done effortlessly so that new business strategies can be adopted after analyzing responses. I love the creative assistant feature because it makes some work easier and leads to better marketing which in turn grows sales. Lastly, as a small business owner, I found the pricing plans to be appealing and I was able to choose one which suits the needs of my business.

Cons

Mailchimp can get very complicated, I found the user interface to be really tricky for an ordinary user such as myself. Its easy to get lost in the confusing, esoteric jargon and customer service in my expirience isn't always quick to respond when you need their help. In as much as the automation feature is great, the way in which it is setup is very tricky. Lastly, the data management and manipulation features are a bit too limited.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

It had the features which I needed for a particular task.

• Customer Support Software

Streamline Your Email Marketing: Mailchimp is there to help you with minimal to no costs

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

I've been using Mailchimp for my email marketing campaigns and it's been an incredible asset. It helps me to create automated email sequences, customize my messages to each customer, and track the effectiveness of my campaigns. It's saved me a lot of time and effort with its easy-to-use interface, and I'm able to quickly create professional looking emails for maximum impact.

Pros

I really like using MailChimp for my email marketing needs. It's easy to use, and creating campaigns is simple. The software allows me to customize emails very easily and also track the performance of my campaigns in real time. I also appreciate the wide range of features available such as segmentation, A/B testing, automation, and more. Overall, I'm really satisfied with the product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable email marketing solution.

Cons

I found Mailchimp email marketing to be a great tool for managing my customer emails. However, I didn't like that it could be a bit complicated to set up an automated email campaign. I also found the user interface to be a bit cluttered, making it difficult to locate certain features. Even though the software is quite powerful, I found myself wishing for more streamlined navigation.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, Constant Contact, and SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Due to the growing list and also complex automations, but still keeping the costs low we switched to mailchimp from MailPoet

MailPoet

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The choice was kinda easy, the costumer already had knowlegde of mailchimp. And the price was a big factor. We tested and looked into the others options but in the end Mailchimp won for the client.

Useful pioneer in simplifying mass email marketing

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Our company has mostly used Mail Chimp as a recruiting and advertising tool to reach candidates for potential job opportunities. MailChimp was one of the first professional template based email marketing tools to send out mass emails to potential clients, recruits, etc. Over the years, they've refined their products and added social networking tools as well as other current trending tools for outreach. They are quite useful in adding these important tools to small to mid-sized companies that could benefit from these tools but may not necessarily have the budget to develop and utilize these tools in-house. In addition, the tools are quite affordable and there are several free sample versions/credits you can use to test out the product. The most useful tool I have used consistently with MailChimp is their automated mass-email campaigns. Provided that you obtain the list based on the candidate/clients interest and not through spam based lists, you can send out polished lists for automated outreach to large groups of individuals. We have also used MailChimp to conduct employee and client satisfaction surveys, etc. In general, lots of tools for smaller companies to utilize to stay relevant and competitive with larger companies and you can scale the account/costs to your individual needs. There are limitations with FTC/internet/marketing laws that smaller companies may not be aware of, but you learn quickly. If you know how to do MS Office mail merges, this product works.

Pros

Intuitive with a lot of options for smaller businesses without dedicated marketing teams to offer polished outreach tools that are normally inaccessible. This product allows sales teams, company marketing efforts, and recruiters to all have outreach tools for relatively cheap.

Free options to test out products initially to see how it fits your company/departments needs.

Cons

There are a lot of limiting factors based on anti-spam marketing laws (emails), FTC, etc., that MailChimp doesn't necessarily let you know before purchasing and sending out campaigns. You learn quickly limitations such as the inability to send out emails to mass email lists through MailChimp because they don't want to violate these laws. Your lists must be organically obtained (such as through your website or ATS landing site, job ads, advertisements, etc.) in order for them to be used through MailChimp. So forget purchasing an email list from a recruitment organization and then emailing thousands of cold candidates through MailChimp, you will be flagged.

Also, you need to be aware AND track candidates that asked to be removed from future emails and ensure you do NOT email them again to stay compliant.

Brandon
Brandon

• Customer Support Software

Mailchimp doesn't money around when it comes to features and customer service

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

Working for a non-profit and having a very targeted base of individuals that I am trying to communicate with can be cumbersome and frustrating because that target group is very segmented by demographics. Mailchimp allows me to modify how I communicate with these segments, without having to reinvent the wheel and send separate campaigns to each segment. I can easily create one campaign and then segment from within to make sure I am communicating correctly to each group.

Pros

Mailchimp has a robust and user friendly dashboard that makes it easy for a novice to get started with an email campaign. That being said, hidden below the surface of templates and cookie cutter designs are fully customizable features and the ability to code your own emails. I believe it serves as the best of both worlds for the unassuming small business owner who really does't have time to learn or the the money to hire a professional to handle their email marketing; it also allows large corporations with a scantly lit room full of code loving nerds to have full control of their email design. Mailchimp doesn't discriminate between these two worlds when it comes the analytics and reporting , they have a terrific suite of tools to measure success. To top it all off, Mailchimp is constantly updating their technology to improve their product and help businesses communicate with their customers.

Cons

The worst thing about Mailchimp is their pricing, they can get pretty steep when you start trying to expand your reach and communicate with a larger audience. The pricing isn't outrageous, but it also isn't competitive. The other cons in my opinion are personal annoyances and probably aren't shared among a whole lot of other users. Their automation tools are a bit limited, my expectations were set high based on all the features that Mailchimp has, automation is one that is still a work in progress. My other annoyance is the branded copy all over the site, it's like being instructed by two dudebros who are constantly making inside references as they show you around. Some probably find this very charming, I find it kind of irritating.

Fateyma

• Customer Support Software

MailChimp is the best all in one marketing solution for all types of businesses

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

We wanted an all-in-one marketing platform to use for all our marketing activities, for building landing pages, designing workflows for marketing automation, managing all our campaigns and sending emails. The platform has been great and very effective for us.

Pros

1. Offers truly exceptional UX/UI
2. Comes in a very great pricing
3. Plenty of data available for training
4. Very easy to build workflows for marketing automation
5. Easy to manage all your leads and campaigns
6. Excellent for forms and surveys

Cons

1. Customer support is not the best
2. It is ideal for sending emails under 5000 contacts, for bulk sending I would never recommend MailChimp
3. Reporting and analytics is very basic and not customisable

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Cost

ActiveCampaign
Andrea
Andrea
  • Industry: Machinery

• Customer Support Software

Mailchimp has allowed me to measure the success of my email marketing campaigns.

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

Thanks to Mailchimp, I've been able to create and send engaging, personalized emails that have helped me increase my customer engagement and loyalty. Plus, I'm able to automate tasks like email sending and list segmentation, which has saved me valuable time and resources. With Mailchimp's data tracking and analysis tools, I can measure the performance of my email campaigns and adjust my strategy accordingly.

Pros

Mailchimp has been a fundamental tool for me in my work as a Marketing Coordinator. With this email marketing platform, I have been able to easily and effectively create and send newsletters and email campaigns. What I like best about Mailchimp is its intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Setting up an email marketing campaign is very easy and you can choose from a variety of templates and designs to personalize your emails.

Cons

Setting up integration with other platforms can be a bit tricky. In my case, I had some trouble integrating Mailchimp with my website and other systems I use at work. Also, the process of uploading email lists can be a bit slow and tedious.

Miguel
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Marketing Automation Done Right

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

MailChimp is a great way to introduce users to marketing automation without a high level of risk. Competitors have steep pricing structures that tend to not allow smaller websites with limited budgets test out their features like MailChimp does. It is amazingly easy to setup and use and it has also become my brand of choice for marketing automation across my websites. MailChimp has amazing integrations with many platforms and are easy to use and setup with little or no development experience.

Pros

MailChimp is one of the largest marketing automation platforms in use today. And one of the reasons it has taken off so quickly includes the fact that they offer an entry level subscription that costs nothing. Literally, nothing. While limited, it still provides much of the features you will find with their paid subscription levels, it just has limits in the number of contacts and the number of emails you can send per month. Still, a great deal to test its features and functionalities.

MailChimp is very easy to use and provides a host of features to help you market your site. All subscription levels, including the free entry level, lets you email campaigns, create amazing custom landing pages, pop-up forms, and create Ads with platforms such as Google, Facebook and Instagram. IN addition to these creation and publishing features, MailChimp provides automation features that allow you to create automated responses based on user behaviors. Manage cart abandonment and recommend products as well as receive notifications to all the activities taking place on your site.

You can even customize your target audience through segmentation and groups, send times, time zones, demographics and other advanced features. But remember that not all are available in the free version.

And what good is a marketing tool if you cannot see the results or track them. This, too, is another MailChimp strength. You get your basic set of reports and can perform A/B testing to see what works and what does not.

One of my favorite features is MailChimp's integrations. I use it extensively with WordPress websites and not only use the plug ins created by MailChimp, but those from a multitude of third party developers who have done amazing things with integrations and features.

Cons

Although part of their marketing and not necessarily a Con, it is still fair to say that it would be nice to have some features with limitations available to the entry level for users to give it a run. Maybe a sampling of those would help in making a decision. But because of their affordable pricing structure, it is fair to say that their pricing levels are just about right.