Mailchimp

4.5 (17,150)
Write a Review!
Email and advertising marketing automation platform

(17,150)
Customer Support Software
4.2/5

Avash
Avash
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

One of the Best Email Marketing Software

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it.

I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

Pros

I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp.

Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy.

While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

Cons

In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does.

I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved.

Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I was getting an offer from Mailchimp while I wasn't getting one by Getresponse so Mailchimp had an advantage. I also researched a bit and found that Mailchimp has a bigger userbase than Getresponse. I gave Mailchimp a try instead of Getresponse as I didn't need to pay any amount to start using Mailchimp. After I liked Mailchimp, I upgraded my plans.
Jake
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

This Tools Lasted Decades While Other's Haven't

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Good mailer app, works really well for some clients but not others.

Over all really like these...

Good mailer app, works really well for some clients but not others.

Over all really like these guys as a company.

Pros

It's good a really fun brand, and rich feature set built by developers that clearly had a vision for their products.

For small businesses it does a lot of things so you don't have to worry about third party tools, but has a boat load of support for integration and tool support as your company scales/for larger orgs.

Cons

Mailchimp has the same problem a lot of larger software services have run into.

Their user base the server demand sometimes runs into performance swings. And their product stays mostly the same to keep old customers happy.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Price, and brand were on point. Mailchimp was just a little better than the competition
Allyson

Maximizing Reach with Mailchimp

Reviewed on 18/05/2024

Pros

When I want to send a newsletter, I just pick a template, customize it, and schedule it. Then, I can see how well it did with the analytics.

Cons

I find Mailchimp's pricing can get expensive as my subscriber list grows.

WENDY

Not for a Beginner

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content.
Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

Pros

It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan.
Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

Cons

Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms.
I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times.
For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated.

It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake.

As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

Regina

• Customer Support Software

Mailchimp, a great place to get started

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Ive stuck with mailchimp because it handles my basic needs affordably as i work to grow my business

Pros

Mailchimp is affordable and easy to use as you get started. You have the ability to grow as your business grows.

Cons

Not as high tech as some of the other more costly options, but handles what is needed.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

I switched from Aweber doe to cost. Mailchimp is simple but effective

AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose mailchimp due to its affordability at this time in my businesd
Ricki
Ricki

Mailchimp is the simple, reliable email newsletter answer

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Mailchimp is easy to use, pretty intuitive, and the platform I most suggest to clients just getting started as the free plan gives you a lot.

Pros

Mailchimp is so commonly used that anything you want to do has a tutorial, and most of the time you won't need one, just clicking around a bit allows you to easily find how to do what you want to.

Cons

Mailchimp doesn't always display pictures taken from iphones properly.

Flodesk , MailerLite , and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Easy of use, amount of subscribers on the free plan, and it's easy to find answers to questions on tutorials because it's so popular with others.
Chima

Complete email marketing tool

Reviewed on 13/04/2024

Pros

Works really well, although I should take more time to learn customisations and all that.

Cons

Really expensive when compared to others that do the same thing like mailerlite

MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I'm on the free version for now, but I'll probably switch to mailerlite when I start taking my email list more seriously
Joshua
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Mailchimp is our Go-To!

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Pros

Mailchimp has been our only email marketing campaign platform for years now. It's easy to create great-looking emails, schedule, and send them out for very cheap. No complaints!

Cons

No complaints! I don't have anything that I don't like.

Marie ange
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Reviewed on 01/07/2024

Pros

This software IS easy to use and this système IS capable for a company

Cons

The système for déploiement IS very pratic to use

Great email marketing tool

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Pros

Very reliable, great templates and reports.

Cons

Trick to setup no the slickest UX experience

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

• Customer Support Software

A Necessary Tool for a 21st Century Business that's Reasonably Easy to Use, with Great Support

Reviewed on 14/09/2019

We are required to send out newsletters to our investors (over 800 of them), and this had made it easy to design good-looking emails. And you can save templates, etc., to use over and over and modify them each time. We've never had a technical problem with it, although we've had issues with 3rd party apps and linked software connecting to Mailchimp. But I contacted their support and they were able to help me fix the issue, even though it wasn't their own software! I thought that was nice of them. They could've said "That's not our app, so we can't help you," but they didn't -- they walked me through a fix.

Pros

It has to be their support chat function and their useful Help articles. I did not get into my business so that I could run mail marketing software, so I appreciate anything that helps ease the learning curve. Email marketing is a necessary evil, and Mailchimp lessens the unpleasantness considerably. With no prior experience, we got up and running quickly. (We tried a few of these apps, and this one seemed the easiest.) It's complicated running email campaigns and newsletters, but once we mastered a few basics, I was very happy with the results. And it scales up as you grow. When our mailing list grew, it did not become exponentially harder to use. They offer a lot of bells and whistles that we don't need/use, but our emails look good and are easy to compose, adding graphics, etc. It automates a lot of repetitive tasks for you -- like your footer and address, etc. And we've never had a problem getting reported as spam.

And this may seem minor, but I like the whimsical nature of the occasional chimp graphics. Don't get me wrong -- this is work, not play, but it's nice to see a little chimp every once in a while when you complete certain tasks. Business is hard, so a little levity along with the functionality is welcome.

Cons

The price! It gets expensive quickly. I guess the upside to that is it makes you hone your marketing so you are profitable. You have to cut out waste and hone your mailing list so that it's more efficient. And from my research, the other programs cost about the same. I don't mind paying for ease-of-use, but I wish they would explain "cleaning" and "archiving" and other functions that would help me get my monthly costs down. I'm not planning on jumping ship anytime soon, but if they raise their prices again (they just raised them recently), then I will be gone.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp was easier and suited our needs more. Also friends recommended it.

Easier to use.
Doru
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Using Mailchimp to enhance our customer journey

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Used Mailchimp for a few years - switched to it from Constant Contact (and loved the change), switched from it to Exact Target (and didn't like it at all). Now back into the fold, but at a new business.
First usage - B2B communication with a few thousand contacts, really happy with how it worked, reporting could have been more robust, but for our needs it was ok.
Second usage - B2C communication with some thousands of contacts - and growing - via a e-shop interface. Like it so far, colleagues also happy with its functionality and ease of usage compared to previous solutions.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive for the average user
Integrates well with our pre-existing ecommerce solution
Developments over the last few years (have been using it since 2010-ish at a previous job) are very well thought through and customer centric

Cons

WYSIWYG... at times. As long as what you want to do (visually) is close to its idea of what things should look like, it's great - if you need something further from the visuals/format it expects, results might vary.
Initial integration with PrestaShop was a little wonky - still not sure whether it was a PrestaShop or a Mailchimp issue, will update the review once we have it fully figured out

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Better functionality, ease of usage, friendly interface

Ease of usage, cost.
Alex
Alex

• Customer Support Software

Simple to use, intuitively designed and good value!

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

We've used MailChimp for years with our clients. We generally choose it as the best option because many clients like to control their email marketing at certain times and they often don't have time to waste - MailChimp has a relatively short learning curve compared to alternatives and it's easy on the eye. In that sense, it offers the best of both worlds, for us and for our clients (though as mentioned, the lack of robust automation and easy to follow automation flows hold it back slightly)

Pros

- Email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of functionality that's easy to grasp with a quick learning curve
- Able to create social adverts, forms, landing pages and send direct mail all from your account - it's becoming more an all-in-one marketing platform than ever with new features and changes seemly every few months
- Strong integration support makes it easy to connect most commonly used services like Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and eCom platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce
- Easy to understand reporting that clients are able to digest quickly
- It's free with limited features, but they're generally perfectly adequate for non-power users and a small database of fewer than 2000 people
- Customer support guides are aplenty - there's lots of literature on every topic and it's very comprehensive
- Erm, 'MailChimp Presents...' - they make their own original streamable documentary shows now - and it's actually decent!

Cons

- Automations are relatively basic when considering this as automation software - alternatives like ActiveCampaign are more robust in this area, especially when it comes to complex rules and automation flow visuals
- Lack of someone to speak to when things are going wrong - you're pretty much on your own with the guides available (perfectly fine when you're IT-savvy, not so much when you aren't!)

ActiveCampaign , Brevo , and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Simplicity for both time-strapped clients who need to use it themselves at times, strong support documentation (despite lack of real human support) and wide integration options.
Eranga

Mailchimp Review

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

According to my opinion, the overall experience with Mailchimp is great. If they can resolve above issue I think this application will more great.

Pros

In Mailchimp, they offer 2000 free mail sending capacity for beginners. It helps a lot who newly entire to the marketing carrier. Because of those, more people attracting to the Mailchimp and they continue with payments afterwards. And Mailchimp has the amazing inbuilt facility to design our customized email campaign template manually which other Softwares may not offer. That also attract people to use this application.

Cons

Mailchimp disables the import facility once they detected the high bounce rate from the audience. In that case, people cannot import more emails to the current audience without using manual email adding. Because of that, there is a trend that people show less continuing. So as a solution, if Mailchimp can add a mail verifier part first and add the good once to the audience I think it will help to the users and user may lead to continue without left.

Jessie

Versatile email marketing platform

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Keeping my customers up-to-date with useful information.

Keeping my customers up-to-date with useful information.

Pros

The most important features for my business were the drip email functionality and the RSS-to-Email integration. What I like most about the RSS-to-Email functionality is that the email template functionality enables you to group different articles in one email. When you have a high-volume blog with many different articles it's important to group topics and send those out as a summary in one email. I find this feature is missing in many other email platforms. All-in-all the UI of the platform is done very well with a touch of humor here and there which is nice. The open API enables developers to integrate where the existing integration options are lacking - but overall the platform is well supported in many third-party platforms.

Cons

They've added features over the years to enable marketing automation (e.g. send an email to some who clicked/didn't click on an email or when someone visited your website) - at the time I was testing this functionality it didn't work very well. They've also added many other features which may drive value but I find they don't spend much effort in keeping existing customers up-to-date with the possibilities of these new features.

Sushant
Sushant

• Customer Support Software

Simplest email marketing tool for startups & digital creators

Reviewed on 23/10/2021

I'm using Mailchimp for more than 3+ years now and I'm pretty satisfied with it. In fact, I've referred it to my friends as well. While building my own startup, InternStreet - we were using Mailchimp a lot. The idea was to build an engaging audience of students. The marketing automation feature helped us a lot in building email courses. We literally created the free version of all the tech courses in the formal of 5 - 7 days daily emails. This helped us in increasing overall engagement and creating a recall factor of the brand. At the end of the day we had a whopping conversion of more than 35% into paid courses.

Pros

I really liked the overall simplicity of Mailchimp from getting started to building complex marketing automation. I started with the free plan and then converted to paid one for using the Marketing Automation which I liked the most. It also has an amazing collection of templates which definitely helps the beginner in getting started quickly.

Cons

Overall at this price point, I think everything is great but user segmentation can be improved a bit.

ConvertKit and SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The price point was very important for me at that point in time. We did explored other tools but the power of marketing automation was available for free for 2k subscribers (Now it's available under the paid plan). We used the multi-step journey and later on upgraded for paid plans.

Useful pioneer in simplifying mass email marketing

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Our company has mostly used Mail Chimp as a recruiting and advertising tool to reach candidates for potential job opportunities. MailChimp was one of the first professional template based email marketing tools to send out mass emails to potential clients, recruits, etc. Over the years, they've refined their products and added social networking tools as well as other current trending tools for outreach. They are quite useful in adding these important tools to small to mid-sized companies that could benefit from these tools but may not necessarily have the budget to develop and utilize these tools in-house. In addition, the tools are quite affordable and there are several free sample versions/credits you can use to test out the product. The most useful tool I have used consistently with MailChimp is their automated mass-email campaigns. Provided that you obtain the list based on the candidate/clients interest and not through spam based lists, you can send out polished lists for automated outreach to large groups of individuals. We have also used MailChimp to conduct employee and client satisfaction surveys, etc. In general, lots of tools for smaller companies to utilize to stay relevant and competitive with larger companies and you can scale the account/costs to your individual needs. There are limitations with FTC/internet/marketing laws that smaller companies may not be aware of, but you learn quickly. If you know how to do MS Office mail merges, this product works.

Pros

Intuitive with a lot of options for smaller businesses without dedicated marketing teams to offer polished outreach tools that are normally inaccessible. This product allows sales teams, company marketing efforts, and recruiters to all have outreach tools for relatively cheap.

Free options to test out products initially to see how it fits your company/departments needs.

Cons

There are a lot of limiting factors based on anti-spam marketing laws (emails), FTC, etc., that MailChimp doesn't necessarily let you know before purchasing and sending out campaigns. You learn quickly limitations such as the inability to send out emails to mass email lists through MailChimp because they don't want to violate these laws. Your lists must be organically obtained (such as through your website or ATS landing site, job ads, advertisements, etc.) in order for them to be used through MailChimp. So forget purchasing an email list from a recruitment organization and then emailing thousands of cold candidates through MailChimp, you will be flagged.

Also, you need to be aware AND track candidates that asked to be removed from future emails and ensure you do NOT email them again to stay compliant.

Sébastien
Sébastien

The Professional and Easy Way to Deal with Sending Emails to the Masses

Reviewed on 10/02/2019

I am very satisfied with Mailchimp and would highly recommend its use to anyone who is serious about scaling a potentially big business. I will surely consider Mailchimp for my personal brand as the first 2,000 subscribers are free anyway, which makes for a sweet deal!

It helped our current company present itself professionally with emails by having access to such a great template editor. We didn't have any web developer working on our team at the time, so it was easy to resort to using the included features, even though it's important to note that any code can be pasted as HTML for those who know what they are doing.

We thought that we knew our customers, but the reports generated by Mailchimp really opened our eyes and allowed us to know what works and what doesn't, which was surprising and very useful.

Initially, we deployed our own mail server, but we found out the hard way that Mailchimp is a much more reliable solution for us and it removes all barriers related to scale as everything is taken care of automatically on their side.

Pros

Mailchimp has a truly professional feel to it. The interface is responsive and well designed. The platform makes it easy to start for free and offers flexible plans, perfect for a startup. Mailchimp has many tutorials available that came in handy more than once. They also use a good sense of humor, making for a less boring experience when reading technical material. There are many options to customize the service and I found it easy to make all the necessary changes in order to set my account for a Spanish audience in Mexico.

Once a campaign has been sent, reports are automatically built. I could even see the stats being updated live just a few minutes after sending everything! There is detailed information about open rates, click rates and statistics about the general industry to see clearly if the audience is being reached as expected. One can also see the reaction of every customer in each campaign: unsubscribes, bounces, number of clicks, etc. All this information is accessible and can be exported to CSV.

Another aspect that I really liked is how well the template editor works. You basically insert "blocks" of text, dividers, images or other types of blocks on the right side of the page and you can see in real-time the template being rendered on the left side. I haven't found any issue when viewing an email sent through Mailchimp based on a template, both on mobile and desktop clients. On the contrary, it made for a consistent design and branding.

Cons

Mailchimp works wonderfully well, but it isn't for the faint of heart when it comes to the initial customization. Sure, the documentation is great, but it does take a while to setup everything. It wasn't clear to me how to use templates inside campaigns, for instance, but even without reading all the documentation, one can deduce much of the functioning by simple trial and error, which ended up being my preferred way to learn my way around.

I didn't find the File Manager as intuitive as the rest of the interface when I started using the product. Sometimes, I would want to resize pictures or apply filters and would get confused as to where the image has been saved or if it were indeed saved. However, it does seem to be getting easier to use in recent versions, as it contains a "revision history" for each uploaded file and an impressive list of adjustments in the image editor, which is a great addition when working on a different computer where the usual software might not be present. I still prefer using external applications when modifying pictures, but Mailchimp does allow to make pretty much any modification you might need and having access to a revision history makes it easy to go back to an earlier version of a file even without first making a backup of it.

ESTER
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for email blasts, you will need some training

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

MailChimp has been a perfect solution to manage all our email communications with our subscribers and customers. Our team handles 3 different brands with 20 000+ subscribers and the customizable email templates, user-friendly interface lets us be very efficient and creative, it's fun!

Pros

I have been using MailChimp 5+ years throughout multiple jobs. It is a great platform with a huge base of supporting articles and videos - which you will need once you have a few thousand subscribers. I am currently managing a 20 000+ subscriber base and at that level, MailChimp offers great categorization options. I can assign email addresses to different tags so it is very easy to create campaigns for targeted groups.

Security is very important to us, MailChimp offers a two-step verification option when you log in to keep your account safe. The dashboard is very user friendly, you can see all your recent email campaigns, their status (draft, sent) the open and click-through rate right off the main dashboard.

MailChimp offers great analytics too. If you have the tracking code set up and you are an e-commerce store, you can see how many orders you received from the email blast, the average order revenue, and total revenue. When you first sign up with MailChimp it will ask about your industry - make sure to fill it out with the right information because MailChimp offers campaign benchmarking too. You can see how your current campaign performed compared to your previous campaigns and your peers'.

You can connect your social media channels to MailChimp and automatically post your email blast to your social channels, which can save a lot of time.

Their search function is very smart, you can search for keywords throughout years and years of email blasts or subscribers.

Cons

Although it is easy to import and export subscribers it would be nice to have a bulk edit option where you can assign email addresses to categories, tags etc. When I send a test email before the final release for my team to review, it often lands in the junk folder.

Madison

My Favorite Email-Builder

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

I love Mailchimp. When I started at a new company last year, I convinced them to switch from their previous program to Mailchimp for email building because it just provides a better product. They've been ecstatic and we find ourselves using it more and more. At all of the companies/organizations I've been privileged enough to work for that use Mailchimp, it has been a critical tool in marketing, sales, and communication. I cannot speak highly enough of it, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Pros

Mailchimp is the best email builder I've ever used. I've worked in many other programs over the years but none work as seamlessly or have the same visual result as Mailchimp. In addition, the audience management feature is accessible and easy to use, and their analytics are incredible learning tools. That being said, my experience with Mailchimp is primarily only in the email builder, and I have not done enough with their other marketing features to be able to speak on them.

Cons

There are only a few features about Mailchimp that are lacking, but they pale in comparison to the power and capabilities of the entire platform. I would love the option to use an image as a background in an email, I would love to be able to add attachments to an email (i.e. a PDF, image, or another document), and I would love to be able to embed a wider range of items into the "code" widget (i.e. a pdf book-flipper like Flipsnack, or a video embedded from a site other than YoutTube, like Wistia). However, overall my experience with this plaform and its capabilities is overwhelmingly positive, and these are only small critiques and wish-list items.

Hicham

A Comprehensive Review of Mailchimp: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Reviewed on 16/08/2022

I use Mailchimp for my email marketing and have found it to be a very effective tool. It is easy to use and has a lot of features that allow me to customize my emails to fit my brand. I also like that I can automate my email marketing so that I don't have to spend a lot of time manually sending out emails. However, there are some downsides to using Mailchimp. First, it can be expensive if you have a large list. Second, the deliverability rates are not always great, which means your emails may end up in the spam folder. Overall, I think Mailchimp is a good tool for small businesses that are looking for an easy-to-use email marketing solution. If you want to send lots of emails or need more customization options, then it might not be right for you.

Pros

Mailchimp might be the most well-known email marketing platform on the market, but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily the best one. Below, we’ll talk about what we like and don’t like about Mailchimp to give you the information you need to make an informed decision about whether this solution is right for your business. We’ll also provide resources to help you compare pricing with other popular email marketing platforms, so you can find the right fit at the right price. Let’s get started!
There's a reason why Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing platforms out there. Here are some of the things that make it great -It's easy to use.
— Mailchimp has an intuitive interface that can be used by anyone
— The pricing plans are designed for small businesses (more on this later)
— Mailchimp integrates with many other apps like Shopify, WordPress, etc.
— There are tons of awesome templates to choose from when designing your campaign or project, which helps you save time
— The autoresponder option is great for setting up drip campaigns or projects, so you don't have to spend hours manually sending emails every day/week/month
— Their customer service team is always available if you need help, and they're pretty responsive too. They also offer live chat if you want even faster help.

Cons

1. Mailchimp's user interface could be more intuitive. I often find myself feeling lost and having to search for features that should be easy to find.
2. The automation features are great, but they can be very complex and time-consuming to set up. I would love it if there were some templates or easier ways to get started.
3. Their customer support is inconsistent. I've had some great experiences, but also some not-so-great ones. It would be nice to have more consistent support.
4. Their pricing structure is a bit confusing and changes regularly. I wish it were simpler and more transparent. I think the free account is too limited and will probably lead most people to subscribe before they know what the limitations are.
The first plan – Basic – starts at $9/month with a 100 subscriber limit.
The second plan – Professional – starts at $19/month with a 1000 subscriber limit.
And the third plan – Pro Plus – starts at $29/month with no limit on subscribers.

• Customer Support Software

Perfect For Beginners, Great E-Commerce Integration, Super Simple, Awesome Support

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Pros

If you ever thought about email marketing, there is hardly any chance you didn't hear about Mailchimp. It seems to be the go to solution for anybody just starting out with email marketing.

What's great is that even in the completely free version you can send newsletters, send automated emails like order confirmations, abandoned cart reminders etc. with lots of integrations to existing e-commerce software.

The interface is very simple to use and its built-in drag and drop editor is very flexible as well with lots of predefined elements to choose from.

There is built in Google Analytics integration together with numerous other tools from Facebook to Pipedrive, so you can use your mailing list to create custom audiences on FB or sync them with your preferred CRM version to send mass mailings to your customers.

What's also nice is the agency feature that allows you to manage multiple accounts under one roof. This is especially useful if you have customers with existing Mailchimp accounts that want to invite you to their existing account.

Cons

MailChimp is fine and dandy if you're a beginner, but it's not the best choice for serious online marketers. There are lots of automation to choose from such as auto-responders, triggered e-mails if a specific action occurs, but the automation is completely independent of each other.

Creating complex automation like "send this email to subscribers from this list, but only if they met criteria X and didn't receive email Y from 2 weeks ago already" is just impossible to implement. Apart from that, the automation that is possible to do can become quite confusing if you have lots of them.

A visual representation in the form of a flowchart would be extremely helpful. Other email marketing software like Active Campaign does a much better job at this.

Apart from that, the pricing is hard to grasp for a month? What if you're somewhere in between and need more features, but aren't able to make it.

Biswajit
Biswajit

• Customer Support Software

"Mailchimp: A Comprehensive Email Marketing Tool for Businesses of All Sizes"

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

Pros

Users may develop, send, and track marketing emails, newsletters, and campaigns using the well-known email marketing platform Mailchimp. Its user-friendly interface makes creating and sending email campaigns simple for even non-technical users. Here are some features of Mailchimp that consumers particularly enjoy:Simple to use UI: Users can effortlessly develop email campaigns with Mailchimp's drag-and-drop tools and user-friendly, intuitive interface.Templates that can be customised: Users can choose from a variety of configurable templates provided by Mailchimp to build their email campaigns. These templates are simple to alter so that they correspond with the user's branding and messaging.Automation: With Mailchimp's automation tools, users may create automated email campaigns depending on events like the addition of a new member to a mailing list or the completion of a purchase.Analytics: Mailchimp offers in-depth analytics so users may monitor the effectiveness of their email campaigns. Data on open rates, click-through rates, and other statistics are included.

Cons

Despite being a well-liked email marketing software, Mailchimp might use some work. The following are some aspects of Mailchimp that people have complained about:Pricing: Those who need sophisticated capabilities like automation or those who have larger mailing lists may find Mailchimp's pricing to be prohibitively expensive.Restricted Automation: Users have noted that while Mailchimp does include automation options, they are fairly constrained when compared to competing email marketing solutions. The automation procedures may be more versatile and adaptable, according to some users.Restricted email design possibilities: Although offering a large selection of editable templates, some customers believe that Mailchimp should provide greater freedom and design options when it comes to producing and modifying emails.Customer support: Some customers of Mailchimp have complained about poor response times or unhelpful support workers.

Angelica
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Drive Customer Engagement and Growth with Mailchimp's Integrated Marketing Tools

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

I had the chance to use Mailchimp for email correspondence with business people and research participants during my internship in the university's pharmaceutical product development and research department. We were able to produce aesthetically appealing newsletters and send crucial updates to our stakeholders thanks to the program. The segmentation tools in Mailchimp were especially useful because they allowed us to customize our messages according to the traits and preferences of the recipients. The open rates and click-through rates were revealed by the analytics and reporting tools, which let us evaluate the efficacy of our communication tactics. Overall, Mailchimp was extremely important in helping us maintain efficient communication channels and streamline our email marketing activities.

Pros

Numerous tools are available in Mailchimp that can be used to streamline and improve email marketing campaigns. Users may easily generate aesthetically stunning emails and newsletters using its user-friendly interface and customized templates. The program offers sophisticated segmentation and targeting capabilities, allowing for individualized and focused customer communication. The automation tools provided by Mailchimp, such as drip campaigns and triggered emails, assist companies in providing their audience with timely and pertinent material. In-depth analytics and reporting tools are also provided by the platform, enabling customers to monitor the effectiveness of their campaigns and take data-driven decisions. Additionally, Mailchimp readily connects with a variety of third-party programs, increasing its capabilities and streamlining workflow.

Cons

One drawback of Mailchimp is its price structure, which can get expensive as the number of subscribers rises. Users of lower-tier plans are restricted access to some complex capabilities because they are only offered in higher-tier subscriptions, such as multivariate testing. Although Mailchimp offers a wide range of email marketing options, its automation capabilities might not be as advanced as those of other specialized marketing automation solutions. Users occasionally may encounter deliverability problems or difficulties with spam filters, necessitating proactive management.

Miguel
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Marketing Automation Done Right

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

MailChimp is a great way to introduce users to marketing automation without a high level of risk. Competitors have steep pricing structures that tend to not allow smaller websites with limited budgets test out their features like MailChimp does. It is amazingly easy to setup and use and it has also become my brand of choice for marketing automation across my websites. MailChimp has amazing integrations with many platforms and are easy to use and setup with little or no development experience.

Pros

MailChimp is one of the largest marketing automation platforms in use today. And one of the reasons it has taken off so quickly includes the fact that they offer an entry level subscription that costs nothing. Literally, nothing. While limited, it still provides much of the features you will find with their paid subscription levels, it just has limits in the number of contacts and the number of emails you can send per month. Still, a great deal to test its features and functionalities.

MailChimp is very easy to use and provides a host of features to help you market your site. All subscription levels, including the free entry level, lets you email campaigns, create amazing custom landing pages, pop-up forms, and create Ads with platforms such as Google, Facebook and Instagram. IN addition to these creation and publishing features, MailChimp provides automation features that allow you to create automated responses based on user behaviors. Manage cart abandonment and recommend products as well as receive notifications to all the activities taking place on your site.

You can even customize your target audience through segmentation and groups, send times, time zones, demographics and other advanced features. But remember that not all are available in the free version.

And what good is a marketing tool if you cannot see the results or track them. This, too, is another MailChimp strength. You get your basic set of reports and can perform A/B testing to see what works and what does not.

One of my favorite features is MailChimp's integrations. I use it extensively with WordPress websites and not only use the plug ins created by MailChimp, but those from a multitude of third party developers who have done amazing things with integrations and features.

Cons

Although part of their marketing and not necessarily a Con, it is still fair to say that it would be nice to have some features with limitations available to the entry level for users to give it a run. Maybe a sampling of those would help in making a decision. But because of their affordable pricing structure, it is fair to say that their pricing levels are just about right.