SugarCRM Reviews

SugarCRM

Write a Review!
Empowering sales teams to drive growth, since 2004.

3.8/5
3.8/5
3.6/5
Customer Support Software
3.7/5

Mark
Mark

• Customer Support Software

SugarCRM for great for the marketing emails.

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

SugarCRM is so great software because it really help us to taking our sales process more faster. It really allow the small business companies to track sales, invoices, bills and market to our customers in a better way. This CRM is so easy to use just because of its great users interface. Hence, SugarCRM software makes my life so much easier.

Pros

SugarCRM is one of the best marketing platform which really help small business to grow faster and that's why it is also known as the business market smarter software. The best thing about this software is that it always provide the best customer relationships marketing software. We have been use the SugarCRM software foor the sales and marketing purpose because it has the great ability to customization's. Hence, the users interface is very responsive and the well designed.

Cons

The first obvious thing I don't like about this software is that SugarCRM does not have a users-friendly users interface software. The another problem that we faced is that it take a lot of time to setup the everything but the documentations is always great. When we started using this software then we don't find the file manager as so intuitive.

Katie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

The Pros and Cons of Sugar

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

Overall, I really enjoyed Sugar and think it would be a great fit (especially for the lower price point!) for marketing and advertising agencies that are looking to build out custom flows. Their customer care team was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, and I really enjoyed working with them.

Pros

The SugarCRM team was incredibly helpful and supportive during our decision between various CRMs we were testing out, namely Salesforce and SugarCRM. They were flexible, accommodating and had amazing customer service throughout the process, even willing to develop new APIs to integrate with our proprietary billing system 90% of our clients were on. I really enjoyed the visuals of Sugar - as all the bells and whistles were there, but it didn't seem overwhelming (as Salesforce can) and it's geared more towards marking service teams, like my division of the business. I also really find the dashboard visuals to be superior to Salesforce. Overall, the price point was better than Salesforce, too.

Cons

Since Sugar is geared towards marketing and sales teams, it wasn't a great fit for the other teams within our organization (i.e. one-time products like printing, etc.). Though workflows are cleaner and more intuitive than Salesforce, there wasn't quite as many bells and whistles (i.e. it was difficult to build in processes that involved external teams that we outsource to).

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to SugarCRM

We didn't - we ended up choosing Salesforce over Sugar, simply due to the fact that we had to incorporate other areas of the business already in Salesforce and ultimately they were able to provide all the necessary features. For other orgs, I would recommend Sugar, as it's an amazing product.
Gaurav
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Complete CRM Tool with Analytics Integration

Reviewed on 21/06/2020

I have been able to solve the business problem of tracking new prospects who eventually became customers, which channels drove that new customer acquisition and how much revenue those new customers generated. As well as, providing insights to my marketing team around which customers are planning to quit so they can try running some nurture campaigns to avoid losing those on-the-fence customers. In short, SugarSell helped improve both quantity and quality of customer leads at low cost.

Pros

As an analyst, I use SugarSell to track new prospects who submit become a customer form to become customers of my food service company. The feature I find most productive is the ability of SugarSell software to assign a source of website, social, email, sales representative, campaign, etc. and track customer journey from acquisition to conversion. As well as, integrate with Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, so my marketing team can run both customer acquisition and customer retention or nurturing campaigns. As a result of this prospect tracking and seamless connection with Salesforce, targeting those prospects for customer acquisition and retention became more automated and efficient. Hence, both quantity and quality of those leads continued to grow year-over-year and resulted in higher sales for our business. In the nut shell, we got high long term value with low short term investment in a CRM software.

Cons

I struggled with adding a new source of voice assistant, chatbot and mobile app to SugarSell CRM reporting tool. Because it needed additional development resources who could modify implementation code. The second source of challenge was not easily able to connect Google Analytics UTM campaigns tracking with SugarSell CRM leads tracking. So, it was difficult to correlate the two data sources to each other in a single table using a common key and build a marketing data lake. Similar concerns existed when trying to bring CRM data, campaigns data and invoice sales data from MicroStrategy into one warehouse. So, it will be nice if SugarSell added some big data enhancement capabilities to their tool.

Paul

• Customer Support Software

Ok application, better, cheaper alternatives exist

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

It is an OK application, Sugar has stood still in time and, when you consider the app out of the box, its pretty much standard. Sugar has divided its stack into various products for marketing, for sales, for support only making it a very expensive when you consider other options in the market

Pros

Very stable, solid
easy to use, administer
Easy to implement and deploy
Reporting is good and allows fro complex reports to be built

Cons

It has not changed in a looong time (perhaps years?)
For the functionality, it is expensive - better options exist
Marketing is poor (unless you go for Sugar marketing apps which are expen$ive!)

Freshsales and Bitrix24

Reasons for Switching to SugarCRM

At the time, the other options were not developed enough. Today, they far-surpass Sugar. Today, I would not go for Sugar at all...
Sarthak

SugarCRM is quite efficient for Real Estate Business

Reviewed on 08/06/2021

I have launched many products using these Platforms. It helped me a lot in uplifting my business.

Pros

It easily gets integrated with many applications.

Cons

The process of Installation, and sometimes it hangs m system.

Zoho CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud, and SuiteCRM

Reasons for Switching to SugarCRM

As compared to the salesforce it is quite underrated while having the same level of productivity.
Julia Maria
Julia Maria
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

A complete history of calls, emails, and customers in one location only

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

SugarCRM offers you a way to monitor all the clients and leaflet details so you can keep everyone within the business on the same page, from ads to distribution to support to everyone to work with a system to get a detailed view of what is going on for each and every customer and future buyers. This is where I can show the details that are most important for my day, whether it is my channeling of potential clients, the weekly operation and predictions from my staff, or my allocated customer service cases. The home page can be personalized for any division of Sample with exactly the right details for every user. The browser bar at the top of the screen is the preferred position, but it can be placed sideways, floating or at the bottom.

Pros

The software provides a robust search feature that allows you to search by name, phone number, and other data values that I need. A standard profile account view would highlight the key information in the configuration of the presentation card, which may include phone number categorizations and to whom the account is allocated, for example. Admin software provided with SugarCRM enables the setup of each screen such that The company wants, including adding personalized infinite areas, changing values on any deployable list, and arranging everything and all. Another main way in which I can use SugarCRM phones or tablets when out of the office, helps you to extract some data through searches and tables, you can quickly call a contact and when you have a call.

Cons

You will choose to separate and divide the data into different categories. one way that you might do this is through searches, you will get to sort so many that you can get lost in so much dating.

Ian
Ian

• Customer Support Software

This was always going to be a stepping stone for us

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Implementation was rough, but most of that was on us. We should have hired a consultant and had rock solid best practices in place, but we didn't. Growth and support was a nightmare because we didn't employ a full timer with the right skill set to maintain it. Have since corrected those mistakes and moved to SalesForce. So much better!

Pros

A big step up from our legacy CRM (ACT). With the right resources, it was manageable.

Cons

We did not allocate the right resources and opted to implement the free community version. We paid for that dearly with disorganization and mistakes. We should have hired a consultant to help us.

• Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Have too much to config and set up, rgreat custom stuff but kinda plain and boring

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

if you need an online crm this can do good for you, Others are also less expensive but with less features.

Pros

Is a very good software at least the on-demand version I use. as a CRM is very good but it also tries to be a help desk and it is not. very reliable and love to extract the raw data to excel and do whatever I want with the data

Cons

Much complicated, too much to customize, and configurate, the access levels and roles are not easy to set up. takes times to deploy, and cost per seat, is kinda expensive.

Valerie
Valerie
  • Used for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

In the past, I have been a SugarCRM administrator for a Software Sales company.

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

The software itself was a great place to house my data in an organized fashion. I was able to report upon the data, and additionally could assign and reassign accounts and contacts with ease. This was a value driven solution for my company at the time, since Salesforce was too pricey.

Pros

There is a lot of simplicity with using SugarCRM. It was straightforward, and user friendly. The value of the product is pretty good for what you are paying, and it is relatively easy to administer. There are different directions you can go with reporting, for example: tabular, summary and matrix report types. I integrated this CRM with Pardot Marketing Automation software and was not disappointed with the integration, as it worked pretty seamlessly together.

Cons

This CRM obviously is more economic than the likes of Salesforce - but you get what you pay for. I found it difficult to manage my duplicate records, and a lot of the bells and whistles that could potentially make your work flow easier are not present. I would consider this a "bare bones" CRM solution.

Abel
Abel
  • Industry: Hospitality

Avis sugar crm

Reviewed on 27/09/2023

Pros

I like this software because of its many functions which makes it different from its competitors

Cons

what he doesn't like about this software is how expensive it is for small businesses

Randy
  • Industry: Chemicals

No Support

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

We tried to end the agreement after severalyears of no support. After several months of sending emails to a handful of unresponsive people, we decided to send them a few more thousand dollars in hopes that they will delete our data and leave us alone. We don't want to involve lawyers, but that's the next step and ours are aware of the situation.

Pros

The CRM was easy to set up on our own. This was fortunate, because Sugar did not support their product. We paid UpCurve Cloud (3rd party design) to implement, but they didn't help because they did not get support from Sugar either.

Cons

There was a total lack of support from the company. It took them weeks to respond to emails and phone calls and the people we talked to were not able to help with the issues and didn't feel empowered to pass along our concerns or even stop our subscription.

Response from SugarCRM

Some good and bad in this review. We are glad that you agree that SugarCRM is easy to implement and thank you for being a customer for these past four years. We are sorry that you had a bad experience with a partner. We do not have any insight into the nature of this dispute in 2018. SugarCRM is committed to supporting our product whether you purchase the product from a partner or directly from us. For access to our award winning customer support team, visit support.sugarcrm.com.

Elisabeth

Even the free version is great, with nice custom reporting capabilities.

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Sugar allowed us to consolidate a few disparate software tools into one - now any one at our organization can login and see all there is to know about any of our customers!

Pros

Sugar is SUPER customizable. We've been able to easily make it ours (some via the UI, some "behind the scenes" via scripts). One of the best features are the custom reports. You can do almost SQL-level queries to get the information you want (and if you wish, you can use MySQL as well on the back end.) The ability to build multi-level dropdowns, e.g. to categorize issues, is great too. You can make almost anything you want appear on any screen you wish as well.

Cons

The built-in issue tracking part is designed for issues reported by your team - not for issues reported by your customers. We do use it for customer support, and we LOVE being able to see issues customers have had when we pull up their records - but the emails they receive are not well designed, even after considerable work on our part. In addition, we can't provide them with a login to see all their open issues, so they have to ask us.

• Customer Support Software

Sugar was one of my first forays into the world of CRM and covers all the basics

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

I learned how to work a CRM. I kept track of all customer records, ranging from revenue and profit and order amount and contact list and order dates and essentially everything related to my job operationally as a purchasing coordinator. Definitely made my life easier.

Pros

Very customizable to your needs. Straightforward, no nonsense UI. Easy to read and find things. Sugar is a perfect entry into CRMs that aren't salesforce, because its useful across all industries and departments. Its simple while being complex. You can create functions and layouts that are very specific to your needs, but without it cluttering and looking like there's a lot of information.

Cons

Its not very pretty. Sort of looks like it was made in the early 200s and they just kept the look since. People are always talking about professionalism, and this definitely looks less polished than other CRMs. Because of this, some of the information can blend together and be difficult to find if there are long lists of things you are looking for.

Vince

SugarCRM Review

Reviewed on 08/09/2017

One of the main benefits is having the mobile app that SugarCRM provides this helped to get us data and information at our fingertips when needed. Sugar is reasonably priced, has pretty good user-friendly interfaces and requires just a little training to get used to it. It's more suitable for mid-sized companies.

Pros

SugarCRM functioned well for storing prospect and customer information.
I was able to load new contacts into the system without much hassle.
Our company is able to adjust the system software to fit our specific needs with ease simply by reaching out to the support team.

Cons

We wanted to explore other CRM options it was nearly impossible for me, from a user standpoint, to export all of our information.
We were coming up on the end of our trial and stood to lose all of our data and I couldn't figure out how to export it. Difficult to do filters as well. I didn't like the format for leads to accounts to sales. Pipeline is also difficult to follow.

Sugar CRM Review

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Sugar seemed like a really awesome CRM with exciting features, but it was very time consuming to make sure everything was in and done correctly that it just became a headache and took focus off of selling.

Pros

Sugar had a lot of cool features that I had not seen in other crm's I've used in the past. When they worked, it allowed me to quickly see my month and goals and see what I had in my pipeline still.

Also, it was fairly easy to use while driving in the car between appointments and quickly type in a review of what I met with the accounts about.

Cons

Quit often the software features that we nice to have were either not accurate or not working. The idea of having it was nice but it was annoying when I had no idea what was correct with my numbers. Also, it took quite a long time to find certain accounts and many of them were duplicated in the system and you must pay close attention to the account number to make sure it was the right one. Also, putting in tasks and calls were done separately so our management team required that we basically put in one contact with an account twice to make sure it was on our calendar and the pipeline.

Bud
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

• Customer Support Software

Easy to implement, easy to customize, product support is OUTSTANDING

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Better Customer Satisfaction from effective management of touch points. Sales productivity because they spend less time doing "paperwork" and more time selling. Effective management of RGA process, Special Quotes, Purchasing, mailing literature, tracking sales activity.

Pros

Built-in development tool (Studio) and the Advanced Workflow Manager. One can have a functional, useful, robust, effective, CRM running within an hour. Getting started by importing Accounts and Contacts is easy and the software modules allows customization the meet specific business needs.

Cons

The Advanced Workflow Manager is still missing a few functions that were available in the "old" Workflow Manager. There is a plan to remove the prior Workflow, but its demise has been delayed until the SugarCRM folks fix the deficiencies.

It can't keep up

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

At start when was used in the company where I work was working relatively fast with quick load times and almost zero crashes, but when the company grow with more employees, new headquarters and more customers and much more data in our database, the software become slow, sluggish and very unstabble. Even when I was testing a new version out of the box of sugar with an empty database in wamp and xamp enviorement , it was very slow and sluggish .

Pros

Customization:Have the posibility to create new modules

Cons

Slow
Ugly and ancient UI
Hard to use
Lack of good support documentation

Response from SugarCRM

Alejandro - sorry to hear about your issues - quick question - are you using a paid commercial version or the free Community Edition? You noted an older UI - and Sugar 7.x has the most modern UX on the market so I was curious if you're using an older or open source version and thus the performance and UI complaints. Let me know at [email protected] thanks!

• Industry: Automotive

SugarCRM is a usefull CRM tool

Reviewed on 06/09/2018

Pros

Since the latest updates it became very user friendly compared to previous interfaces, it has several modules you can purchase and also customize to your own needs, given that these are designed correctly. The latest version of the App is really good and saves a lot of time in you are on the road.

Cons

It was not the simplest thing to connect it to a Dashboard service and also to setup reports, but once you set it up runs pretty smoothly. It might have been an issue with my company's server but it ran incredibly slow when outside company's internet, being very frustrating to use on the go. The Outlook Add-on never worked properly and made my outlook crash all the time, finally removed it.

Deepa
Deepa

Make more sales with SugarCRM

Reviewed on 17/09/2022

Pros

SugarCRM has a good support team, which makes it a reliable system that is easy to use and maintain. The process of adding leads, nurturing them is way easy. We can create segment anytime using the filters.

Cons

I feel user interface can be improved. The UI look bit outdated. There is again possibility that the user experience could have been improved. The platform might be times when it is bit slow time to time.

Cynthia
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A good CRM

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

Pros

SugarCRM is customizable and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your organization .The way you can store and access customer data is intuitive . It is also easy to pull out the data you need on Excel files and then add it to the program(s) you use for analytics .

Cons

The interface on mobile is noticeably different than on desktop and the app is overall slow and buggy . You can't log in simultaneously from multiple devices .SugarCRM doesn't integrate with almost any other program and information transfers have to be done manually .

• Customer Support Software

The new Sugar can go head to head and surpass the greats

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

As a marketer, I use Sugar to track how our leads and contacts interact with our marketing content, as we've integrated the CRM with Sugar Market, our marketing automation software.

Pros

Customization - pretty much anything you want to achieve with CRM can be done with Sugar, regardless of company size or industry.

Integrations - Sugar can be connected to a vast library of software with out-of-the-box and partner-built integrations.

Cons

The admin panel can be improved from a UI/UX point of view. It's one of the areas where Sugar hasn't been updated in a while.

CRM for contact and deal management: Needs more feature

Reviewed on 26/03/2022

It was good contact and deal management tool. All the sales and marketing-related engagements were updated and it was acting as a source of truth to the whole team. Deal values and projection can be seen from the sales pipeline

Pros

UI looks simple and training new users was easy. It is a great tool for contact and deal management with amazing filter options. Native integration to mail and document sharing software is good. Logic builder is one of the good features of Sugar. Resources are extremely useful and detailed explanations for each and every feature are provided there.

Cons

Slow speed (in Inspite of fast internet)
Hanging problems
Do not have readily available APIs for 3rd party integrations

Alexis
Alexis
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Free CRMs are way better, faster and easier!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I cannot stand this software, I don't have anything positive to say about it and definitely do not recommend it - for anything, even if you get it free. Hubspot and Zoho are free and hold way more value! I even love Salesforce.

Pros

Honestly, there is not one thing I like about this software and I do CRM implementation/administration.

Cons

It is EXTREMELY slow and always times out, it doesn't connect to facebook to import events (it use to,) the email system is extremely antiquated and more that I won't get into on here, everytime you do something it refreshes and send you right back to the beginning instead of where you were, when events or businesses are deleted they still show up all over the place... the list goes on and on.

Eddie
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great CRM for any field

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

This has been very useful to maintain digital client files and to monitor the work on client cases.

Pros

It can be personalized for your particular company or organization. The fields can be easily edited and it is extremely easy to run reports. The notes function is very easy to use. You can also connect emails to sugar and save emails. The calendar function is very useful as well.

Cons

There are more lags and "time outs" than I've seen with some other software. However, the issue is usally addressed fairly quickly.

Avishay "Jesse"
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Awesome CRM at both the enterprise level as well as at SMB; even startups could benefit from...

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Very easy to use, gives a lot of benefits for its price.

I would definitely recommend others to...

Very easy to use, gives a lot of benefits for its price.

I would definitely recommend others to use it (and I do :-)).

Pros

Very easy to use, very easy to migrate data.

Adding leads to the system is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and following up is very easy since there are very good notifications that could be sent to your email (which means they could be sent to your smartphone as well, hehe :-)).

Cons

Naturally, there's a learning curve and the need to customize the system to show the right data and not an abundance of it.

Some people may think it's a little dull or outdated, especially in terms of overall UX but I think the simplicity is the key deal maker here.