WordStream Advisor

Online Advertising Software for SMBs

4.5 /5 (304 reviews) Write a Review!

Dennis S.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use software to streamline the search ads efforts

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

A more pro-active workflow for smaller clients without blowing up the budget for managing them. Also a great environment for starting specialists to get to know adwords and how to focus on cutting costs and lowering CPA's.

Pros

The 20 minute workweek is helpful to get things going. The dashboard gives a nice overview of where things are headed. And the GUI is helpful because of the presentation of data. It's simple and has no clutter, where as Google is going in the opposite direction. Wordstream is extremely useful when optimising for clients with smaller budgets, but still need incremental improvements with only a small amount of time. Also - Wordstream is ideal for new colleagues to get the hang of doing AdWords. So, it's also some sort of e-learning environment. The focus on cutting costs and improving quality scores and CPA's is great. It's real easy to add negatives from the Query Stream to multiple ad groups at once. The software comes with some nifty features to easily see improvements that can be made. Finally, Wordstream is very actively improving the software and adding features on a almost weekly basis! It's moving towards display and social advertising more, which is important!

Cons

The 20 minute workweek becomes less helpful when optimising bigger, complex campaigns or already tightly managed campaigns at this moment. I also miss the option to segment data by conversion type for example. Or the compare different periods other than on the dashboard. So in some cases I need to go back to the Adwords GUI for that. Maybe Wordstream could add more features or specific reports to focus more on things that matter most when lowering CPA, cost in general or improving CTR.

• Customer Support Software

We use it for Bing and Google ads. It helps to keep the week to week upkeep simple

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Campaign reviews, keeps me on budget for AdWords and simplifies Google ads.

Pros

I like the dashboard, ease of duplicating campaigns to Bing, the Querystream and keyword builder.
The keyword builder has been a game changer for us, since you can put in a competitor website and see what they are talking for, at what bid price.
The 20 minute workweek is okay, it might be ideal for a mainstream company, we just serve a niche market, so many of the suggestions don't make sense. Even if I dismiss most of them, at least it gets me looking at the campaigns once a week instead of putting it off.
I really like the academy and help/support articles and on page help that they provide. Their onboarding process and support were fantastic and I really appreciate the monthly training check up. The few times we ran into technical issues the support staff were on top of it and got it resolved with a couple of days.
The true value of word steam is the fact that they adapt and integrate all of the changes and upgrades that Google is constant making, so I don't have to constantly be checking.

Cons

The conversion tracker has never worked for us, despite numerous support calls. The landing pages were also a waste of time

Craig L.

Wordstream Review

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Helps from an organization and reporting perspective.

Pros

Simple to use interface with analysis of the ad campaigns base on data metrics. Also is great from an organizational perspective to help ensure all clients are being worked on regularly with alerts and last day worked on the campaign field which is in the main dashboard for all clients. This serves me well as a digital marketing manager of an agency. Good reporting template as well!

Cons

Can only do about 80% of the tasks that can be done in the Google and Bing Interfaces. Thus part of ongoing work has to be done directly in the main interface.

Jim O.

• Customer Support Software

Makes my job easier and allows me to meet more customers needs.

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

The 20-Minute Workweek guidance has been invaluable to me. I was a novice at AdWords management when I began using WordStream but I was quickly able to make some dramatic improvements for a client which allowed me to open that service to several other clients. WordStream changed my business.

Pros

WordStream opened up an entire new business opportunity to me. Without it I wouldn't have the time or inclination to sell PPC management services on a large scale. Now I can offer AdWords, Bing and Facebook ads as an intro or add-on service for my clients. Without needing additional resources. WordStream changed my business.

Cons

The one area I would really like to see improvement in the software is in the reporting functionality. The current reports are a good start but fall short when it comes to what I need to provide my clients. I recently attended a live WordStream event in conjunction with Google and spoke with a team member who is actually working on new reporting features. What he could tell me is exactly what I've been looking for. Needless to say I'm very excited about the upcoming release.

I Don't Want To Live Without It

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

Pros

Wordstream makes ad campaigns so much easier to edit and work in than Google Ads. Our Client Success Manager is ready to help any time. I know I can always rely on him for education and advice. The Implementation Team is far above any other I have ever worked with. They are willing to work on any connection issues with you and teach you how to fix the problem during the process. I cannot say enough positive things about Wordstream. I hope I never have to do my job without it!

Cons

My account has had a few issues connecting to the Google API when updating bids but my support manager looked into and provided a solution with manual bidding.

Chris C.

• Customer Support Software

Great way to ensure PPC campaign success!

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Improved my team's PPC management efficiency and that is crucial to our overall profitability.

Pros

As an agency that manages tens of thousands of dollars in media spend each month, we saw a need to use software to improve efficiency, and Wordsteam provides just that. The various features, such as the 20 minute work week, make campaign management a breeze and my team uses this data to dig into more granular campaign details each week. Highly recommend this for PPC beginners and pros.

Cons

It is not cheap, but if you use the software often and have enough media spend under management, the cost is more easily justified.

Daniela F.

WordStream is great for managing paid search advertising accounts.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

WordStream allows you to manage multiple accounts in one place. You can connect Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads to your Wordstream account. You can also have multiple users associated with the account depending on the subscription level. Changes you make to your accounts in WordStream are automatically made to the original account once you post, so you don't have to go back and make the changes there, too. When you make changes within WordStream, for example, to your AdWords ad groups, you can also choose to make the same change to Bing. This way, you don't have to keep making the same changes in two different places if you want to keep both accounts setup the same way. WordStream support is also very helpful, and you also get custom WordStream reports every month. The 20 minute workweek is probably the best feature. Once a week, you login to WordStream and you're given suggestions on how to improve the accounts.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about WordStream. If you're looking for an easier way to manage paid search accounts, or if you don't really know why you aren't seeing results you expected, WordStream can help.

Alexandra I.

• Customer Support Software

Great for quick and easy optimisation

Reviewed on 21/08/2017

Budget tracking and management
Combined spend and performance data for Bing and AdWords from one platform

Pros

Actionable optimisation recommendations
Easy to navigate UI
Combines Bing Ads, Google AdWords and Facebook advertising all-in-one
Great for quick checkups on performance and budget tracking
Report templates are very useful

Cons

Yet to incorporate shared library
Doesn't support bidding strategies
More suited to small to medium sized agencies or SMEs, more of a lightweight bid management tool

Daniel C.

Great People

Reviewed on 11/08/2017

Pros

Most of all, I enjoy working with the people at WordStream. We set up weekly reports, but it is the team that I have in place that help cidentify opportunities for growth. They proactively customize reporting to fit the needs of the company.

Cons

Sometimes reports can be lengthy and some data is not relevant to our current initiatives. Although this is sometimes a problem, I can always talk to my team at WordStream and customize the report for granular data that is highly relevant to our goals.

Kyle M.

• Customer Support Software

Have used for 6+ months and have seen tremendous advances in our PPC results. Worth the...

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Pros

For someone like me who is a part of a smaller team (and wears many "hats" at the office) I like the 20-minute work week as it quickly focuses me on what's important to review regularly. I am new to PPC and would consider myself a novice so I find it helpful to have suggestions to understand *why* I should make certain adjustments.

Cons

You must pay for premium consulting if you need some direction after on-boarding, but this is understandable.

• Customer Support Software

Great platform for managing paid campaigns

Reviewed on 20/01/2018

Pros

It makes things easy to understand and makes all the AdWords data and to dos much easier to understand.

Cons

It doesn't give much advanced stuff so it's great for beginners but not for advanced management or optimization techniques.

Christopher J.

• Customer Support Software

"Subpar Software, Incompetent Staff, Rediculous Contracts"

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

It didnt work for anything they promised it would. If there are any issues at this point it's the fact they lock you into a contract (because they know youll want to leave when you realize how bad it is).

Zero benefits whatsoever, with the exception of their exceptional free learning materials (that you dont have to pay for. Stuff on the "Customer Portal" is no different then the blog for the most part.

Simply don't do it. They will steal your money.

Pros

The reason I let their high pressure sales tactics lure me into signing the contract is they promised the software would improve ROI and be easier to use then the google platform..

Cons

It's not actually easier then the google platform, especially adwords editor. I didnt even know about editor, part of the reason why I signed up for the consulting. It wasnt until I threated to cancel they actually gave me a somewhat competent consultant, and as soon as I tried editor I realized why they were trying to hide it from me..

So aside from the staff, and the software being terrible for creating new campaigns because they haven't even adapted it to all of Googles new functions, one promise is automated suggestions to optimize your account. I stopped getting these suggestions after the first couple weeks then the few I got were completely worthless.

^^^^^1 word to describe Wordstream? GIMMICK.

Brian T.

• Customer Support Software

Wordstream has saved hour team hours each week!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

Pros

It really helped us create a new revenue stream for our company. We are now very confidant advertising that we offer adwords as a service and we can train others on the software and get them up to speed quick.

Cons

Not much. I guess the only thing would be the ability to do video ads in one platform would be nice.

Easy to Use, Helps Get Results With More Organized Campaigns

Reviewed on 23/08/2018

Great experience! My consultant was friendly, hands on and very helpful. My 20 min work weeks have helped impact my end results and save my client money.

Pros

I love the premier consulting and the hands on advising Wordstream provides. The 20 minute work week is a life saver! I love being able to log in and quickly make impactful changes to my account.

Cons

I wish the 20 minute work week had options to add in more "to-dos" based on it's analysis and your goals if you have more time on your hands to dig into your account.

Carlos O.

Saves us a lot of time

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

I find it saves me a lot of time when reviewing Google ads campaigns.

Pros

It helps us stay organized and to stablished a routine to maintain and optimize our digital campaigns

Cons

The pricing structure can make it pricey as it is directly linked to ad spend and not necessarily campaign complexity.

Dave M.

• Customer Support Software

WordStream helped us improve our CPA so that we had more budget for new strategies.

Reviewed on 03/08/2017

The major benefit we gained form WordStream was being able to replace a digital analyst with the tool. Having our web development team take on PPC has been a much easier task with this tool.

Pros

I like how easy it is to view all of the potential issues that your campaigns may have. Being able to see the impact your quality score has on a campaign allows the team to focus on improving the ad groups as opposed to throwing more money at the problem.

Cons

We have recently took up the strategy to use single keyword ad groups (SKAGs). Currently the wordstream platform doesnt support giving tips on how to improve this technique.

Erica D.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and helps get better results for marketing managers with little time

Reviewed on 07/07/2017

More organized campaign structure and understanding of Adwords. Decreased Adwords budget and more focus throughout campaigns.

Pros

I like that it makes Adwords easy to understand and update. As a busy Marketing Manager you want a software that you can log in and easily understand where you stand and steps to take in order to get better results. With the 20 minute work week you can do just that. The customer service is good and if your package includes an account manager, the bi-weekly or monthly calls are very helpful in identifying new strategies and keeping on top of opportunities.

Cons

There could be more automated processes once the software learns your goals and about your keywords. I would like some additional "optional" tasks in the 20 minute work week for when I have more time and would like to continue to work through a to-do list to better my results. My account manager/chat support does not always get back to me very quickly.

• Customer Support Software

My experience has been great

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Managed all of my clients accounts with an easy to use dashboard.

Pros

For someone in my role, Wordstream really helps me manage all of the clients I take on in one, easy platform. Not to mention the reporting looks great!

• Customer Support Software

Ive enjoyed the dashboard and customer service, it's helped me run my first adwords campaign.

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Not only does it help run an adwords campaign. I've learned a lot while using it about the ins and outs of paid search

Pros

Suggestions for improvements to ads, keyword strategy, bidding strategy, everything. Wordstream provides great training/learning resources along with automated guidance. It really helps someone who is new to paid search.

Cons

Some of the features are a little difficult to find on the dashboard. I could use it more and be more familiar, but I often find myself clicking tabs or filtering more often than expected. Maybe the layout could be more streamlined

Ifdy W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Optimizing for the win!

Reviewed on 22/09/2017

Lowering cost of acquisition while increasing conversions. I can't say this enough!

Pros

Working with the Wordstream team has been the easiest experience we've had with a vendor. They're quick to reply to messages, can keep up with our fast-paced (and changing) plans, and are in tune with our needs, which includes lowering spending while increasing conversions!

Cons

If I had to think of what I least like about using Wordstream is that they're based in Boston while we're in Bethesda, so I wish we could meet with them in person more!

Vegard S.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for managing multiple AdWords search-accounts

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Saves a lot of time. Easy access to important metrics about all levels of our search campaigns.

Pros

WordStream Advisor is very easy to set up. It also brings forward the metrics the matter the most for our search campaigns, like impression share, actual search queries and quality score. The 20-minute work week is also a great way to keep on top of our search campaigns at all times.

Cons

Lack of flexibility and templating in reports. Also there is no top level user management, so you have to manage each user on account level.

Brandon M.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Overpriced Monitoring Service You Can Do On Your Own

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

I won't recommend them because their customer service couldn't follow up with me or answer the technical issues I needed, and because their costs for use is too expensive for most clients, as well for me to use them as a service for others.

Pros

I like that they compile data from others already in their system to pinpoint factors you should look at, how others are comparing on their success and conversions, and giving suggestions on what you could and should do.

Cons

With that said, over-tweeking your account based on these suggestions could most likely cost you more money, loose you conversions, and really it is just an easier interface to operate from, that is before Google updated their AdWords backend user experience. It is much better, and unlike WordStream, AdWords doesn't charge you based upon your budget, that in my mind is the worst feature. You can use their service but based upon your budget they want a heavy percentage for creating software, they want more then our agency charges for managing, now bravo that they get this high fee, but they probably burn through way more clients who don't stay as long trying to manage their own account.

Response from WordStream

Hi Brandon, Thanks for trialing our software! We hear you that price can be a factor that is limiting, especially for agencies. We are working on even more tools to help agencies acquire and retain new customers. We hope one day you can revisit us so we can show them off to you and get those questions answered! =)

Stacey W.

Simplifies a miserable process

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

Pros

I am TERRIBLE at PPC, but our advisor walks me through it every week and answers my one hundred billion questions and is super patient with me. It's very easy to see what's working, and what's not.

Cons

I personally have a difficult time separating my campaigns to understand what is paused and what is active. I messed up our first go at creating campaigns, but I can't (shouldn't) delete the data, however it's kind of confusing to separate the old from the new.

Tyler F.

• Customer Support Software

I like that all the information is displayed clearly and graphs are included as well.

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

I can report to my clients exactly how their money has been used.

Pros

I am able to understand the information and pass it along to customers so they better appreciate our efforts.

Cons

I am sometimes puzzled about which report is best for a client. I like variety, but a better description of each type of report might be nice.

Adam L.

• Customer Support Software

Reduced CPA & Increased Leads!

Reviewed on 31/07/2017

We've been able to get better results for our clients. Better than we were getting from purely human engagement.

Pros

WordStream is intuitive to use, quick to implement suggestions, and gets results! We've seen CPA reduced; number of leads more than doubled; and lead quality improved. All within just 6 months. The 20 Minute Work Week feature really works!

Cons

I'd love to see the ability of automatically replicating the best performing ads when splitting into new AdGroups.