WordStream Advisor

Online Advertising Software for SMBs

4.5 /5 (304 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.2
4.3
4.5
4.6
Ellen W.
Industry: Management Consulting

A very user-friendly tool, with plenty of troubleshooting content & A+ customer support

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

Pros

I want to say everything. I was very new to PPC when our company signed on with WordStream, but the tool makes it so simple to just plug in and go. That, combined with a very knowledgeable customer support rep, makes planning a PPC campaign a lot easier. I've been able to see where we were overspending and I've been able to really optimize to drive traffic/ get our customers quality leads. WordStream has saved me so much time so far and I believe our clients will continue to see the value it provides.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. Everything on the backend is never pushed lived until you actually click the button to push it live. I will build out a full campaign and then completely forget to push the button. It'd be cool if there was a pop-up reminder or something along those lines.

Warning to Ad Agencies Using this Product

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Warning to Ad Agencies that use the "Free Grader" provided by wordstream.. They will use this tool to call and steal your Clients. It has now happened to me three times. The last time I used the grader, I put my info in as an agency. I even put in the comments "DO NOT CALL MY CLIENT". Within a few days customer service rep called me three times and my Client three times. They even called my agency partners. He left voicemails to my client saying the account was being mismanaged and to call him directly. He was trying to sell them their tool and managed PPC service. He also called one of my agency partners and did the same thing. My client was baffled, their results have skyrocketed since we took over the account and they are extremely happy. Their cost per sale was cut in half with us. Yet he told them we didn't know what we are doing. (I have been managing PPC since 2007, with millions managed) To make matters worse, Wordstream has now done this with three different clients, over two years. The first time they said was an honest mistake, second time I contacted them again and they promised it would not happen again. Now here we are with the third salesperson doing exactly the same thing. They say they don't train their salespeople to do this, yet three different people did it within two years. Hard to say this is a rogue salesperson when three different people did this. I used the "Free" grader three times and they called my clients three times. That

Pros

Its good for people who have zero experience with PPC management. However most of the features they promote are outdated or useless. Google will give you the exact same advice in their Recommendation sections . Before Google released Rec's, this product was way more useful. Now you can get the exact same info right in Google. Making this tool necessary.

Cons

Most of the recommendations do little to actually help the account. They spread out basic advice that is

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Kyle K.

Best Interface

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

Very little issues. The ease of use and the amount of time it's saved makes it worthwhile. Being able to see how much money it's saved us and how many more conversions we've gotten by the edits they've recommended is fantastic.

Pros

The 20-Minute Work Week makes life as a digital marketer soooo simple and quick. The interface for their Querystream is ideal to target and find new keywords as well as adding new negatives.

Cons

When editing an ad in WordStream is pauses the ad and makes a duplicate rather than editing the original. Responsive ads are still being added into the system as well

Sara J.
Industry: Retail

Thank You for FINALLY making my AdWords account work for my business!

Reviewed on 06/04/2017

I started with Google Adwords in September 2016 with the highly competitive market of online floral orders. After multiple calls with the Google Adwords Advisors, I found out that they had set up the account incorrectly, and with their mistakes, I was spending thousands of dollars with no results. I had been following Wordstream through Facebook, as we set up the account, and found their webinars and blog postings were more helpful than anything I found through Google itself. In December 2016, I took the plunge and called Wordstream for help. As a small business, paying for their services seemed like a stretch for my already overspent advertising budget. However, in only a few minutes of the intro call, I knew I had to make the change. Within weeks of signing up with Wordstream, and working with my rep, Betsy, doing all my 'homework' and generally watching the account more carefully, and better informed, I saw instant increases in our online sales. This February, we had a record year in online sales and continue this growth month after month. I have already started working with my second business to create Google Ads to increase its online bookings, with the help of Wordstream. For anyone considering this, I would say, go for it! You will thank yourself over and over again. As a small business, I know we wouldn't be where we are now, without their ongoing support and assistance.

Pros

How simple it makes Google Adwords. For a system that should be easy for a business owner to use, Adwords is overwhelming. Wordstream's software is easy to navigate, changes are simple to make, improvements to your ads are done, step-by-step, often better and quicker than ever possible through Google itself.

Cons

There a lot of great functions within the system, however, without someone helping you find them, they can be lost on the average user. That said, with counselling, you will find these tools invaluable, once they are explained.

Crystal B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best software I've found to manage our PPC accounts.

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

Easy to use management of Bing & Adwords. Simple and accurate weekly optimization improvements through 20 Minute Workweek.

Pros

The 20 minute workweek really does simplify PPC optimizations. It provides priority suggestions weekly that I implement early Monday morning that allows me the rest of the week to manage individual campaigns. We have a rather large account on Adwords & Bing and it has always been way too difficult to manage by myself in the past. With Wordstream, I can implement changes with ease to both our Bing & Adwords accounts in bulk. Between the Wordstream assistance creating expanded ads, the easy to identify improvements and ability to copy/duplicate new changes over to Bing has been a game changer for me as a PPC Marketer. Working with agencies have never benefited my company in the past as we have a unique niche in the online world. Wordstream has removed my need for additional assistance and we've watched our metrics improve greatly in the short 4 months we've been with Wordstream.

Cons

There's always room for improvement. It would be nice if we could copy existing campaigns/adgroups/kws/negative KWs over to Bing. Currently, it's limited to offering that suggestion to copy only new changes we implement. Would be nice to have a little more control over the 20 minute workweek suggestions and tailor fit to our business needs, but it's still better than anything else I've seen.

Jeremy B.
Company size: Self Employed

Wordstream helps me achieve higher quality AdWords accounts for my clients. Great reports as well!

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

Increased quality of work!

Pros

The 20 minute work week tool is great for quick maintenance items. The performance grader report helps to dig a little deeper into best practices and helps me to spot areas of improvement that I can take care of quickly. The many keyword tools available are great at helping me to make large scale changes quickly and I can review my changes before posting them to AdWords. Call tracking and keyword level call tracking are a must for reporting new leads to my law firm clients. I also utilize the landing page builder and contact forms with great results. Working with an account rep who has experience with my target clientele has been a tremendous benefit to my company's growth. Great looking white label reports that I can customize for each of my clients communication styles makes my weekly phone calls that much better!

Cons

There are still a handful of features to be added into Wordstream that I think would be nice. Support for shopping, display and YouTube campaigns will be great once they are added.

Jason R.

More than pays for itself in very, very short amount of time.

Reviewed on 23/02/2018

The amount time saved in the initial setup of campaigns, ad groups, and ads. Of course the efficiency; it's amazing how a saving a little here and there can add up over the course of a year. Plus it's WAY easier than the Google AdWords interface ... although you have to admit, their new UI is kinda cool ;)

Pros

Of course, the "20 minute work week", but I also love how easy it is to manage Google, Bing and Facebook ads from one platform.

Cons

I wish there were an integration of some sort with WordPress; either a plugin or GTM feature which would allow further collection of visitor data, form submissions and return visitors.

Robert N.
Industry: Automotive

WordStream has made organization of multiple campaigns across multiple platforms a huge time saver.

Reviewed on 01/06/2017

WordStream is a huge time-saver that does not cut corners.

Pros

WordStream points out where a deficiency may be and allows for easy incremental changes of campaigns.

Cons

If the WordStream software had the ability to assist with ad creation it would be unstoppable. The software provides suggestions for top keywords and key points that are needed for a quality ad, but automatically providing copy based on the landing page and subject would be amazing.

Dennis L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

After only a week using Wordstream, my confidence in using Adwords has skyrocketed.

Reviewed on 01/09/2017

It allowed me to do my work with Adwords and be successful while at the same time, teaching and improving skills that I may not have been able to as adequately or as quickly as I was by using Wordstream!

Pros

I absolutely love the 20 Minute Work Week platform, where the software finds improvement recommendations from all areas of Adwords and brings it to me in one easy to use and understand place.

Marty C.

Simplifies an overly complicated adwords interface.

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Simplifies many complicated components of advertising such as finding quality scores, reviewing performance, and integrating multiple platforms into one place.

Pros

Easier to find and work with the most important components of Ad Words. Integrates Bing and facebook as well.

Cons

Sometimes its faster just to go into adwords and do something you know how to do it. Sometimes the keyword recommendations are way off course.

Industry: Facilities Services

Like the one-on-one meetings that come with the software

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Overall, I have been happy with the experience. I often flip back and forth between Google Ads and Wordstream, and you do have the ability to sync them back and forth, which is nice. What really makes it worthwhile is the consulting aspect that goes with the software.

Pros

The software is a nice addition to Google Ads. A lot of the functionality is similar to Googe Ads, but its easier to use. The best part is having a dedicated consultant that I talk with on a bi-weekly basis that gives actionable advice on how to improve the campaigns. I like that I am still in control of the ads, but I have someone to advise me on how ot make improvements.

Cons

In the 20-minute work week, I get suggestions on negative keywords, but they are almost always locations. Since locations are a good thing for me in searches, I wish there was a way to have these stop coming to me as negative keyword suggestions.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jess F.
Industry: Internet

Great

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

It's very user-friendly and it saves our company a ton of admin time. We use it weekly for the "20-min work week" but having a dedicated account rep is an additional bonus.

Cons

The only con I can think of would be the cost, but I also think it is worth the price for the value you get from the service

Good software but overpriced.

Reviewed on 18/06/2018

Pros

I like that it save me time with PPC and that it gives you suggestions on what you could and should do.

Cons

Had problems with their customer support, they take so many time to answer my questions. I think is overpriced considering the technical support they offered.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Brandie M.
Industry: Construction

Wordstream is a must-have for anyone running an Adwords campaign.

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

Pros

It is very easy to use. We are able to manage our progress. They are always available anytime we need help.

Charles R.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool for beginners with Adwords or Bing ads

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

It provided some good initial insights, but after we got it all figured out there was no more value to us. I canceled after the first six month contract was up.

Pros

It points out the most important areas to focus on in your Adwords or Bing account. It provides suggestions for new kewords and how to optimize your campaigns and ad groups.

Cons

We found that we were actually doing a great job with our Adwords account and the suggestions provided by Wordstream were not very relevant. I stopped using it after one month but was stuck in a 6-month contract. I quickly implemented the initial insight I gained and did get much more insight thereafter.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Evanna P.
Industry: Machinery

WordStream allows us to bring all our PPC together under one platform.

Reviewed on 19/07/2017

We're able to save time by utilizing the 20-minute work week which also saves us money.

Pros

I like that we can manage both AdWords and Facebook within the platform. The 20-minute work week makes it especially easy to keep up with. The 20-minute work week provides suggestions for new keywords and negatives to optimize each campaign. Normally, this would take much longer than 20 minutes so we're happy that WordStream has taken so much of the heavy lifting off our shoulders.

Cons

I wish this software would expand the social networks portion. It would be great to manage LinkedIn and Twitter within WordStream.

Lisa J.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The 20 Minute Work Week is by far the greatest thing for people in charge of PPC ever!

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Ease of use, gives me more time to work on other aspects of my job and digital marketing. It is also a nice way to get the benefits of Google Adwords without using the software.

Pros

The ease of use, and the real time posting of changes. I also love the fact that we have chat support. I am very new to PPC and this has made my life incredibly less stressful. I would recommend it for anyone using PPC from beginners to experts.

Cons

I do wish we could add an additional one on one training hours, as opposed to packages. We have an awesome trainer and it would be nice to have a trainer work with us from the beginning of campaigns.

Nathan Q.
Industry: Construction

Over Achievers

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

I am generating more high-quality leads than with our previous vendor and the CPA has dropped considerably.

Pros

I use their managed platform but I love their communication and reporting. They are always very prompt when it comes to anything related to the account.

Sneha M.
Industry: Computer Software

Worst Customer Service

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Worst Customer Service

Pros

I came across this software while reading an article to help me improve my Google AdWords account. I found it very helpful, the articles were very informative so I decided to try this out. The customer service executive was very friendly in the beginning and offered me a free 7-day trial. When I told him I would not like to go ahead and purchase as I did not find much value addition from the software, he wrote me a logn abusive mail telling me how beneficial this software is. I would never purchase it even if I find it useful or recommend it to anyone with this type of customer service. They might be great but this doesn't give them the right to misbehave with the people.

Cons

Most of the things that the software recommended can be done on your own in simple steps if you know basics about Adwords or Google Ads.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Susanna A.
Industry: Plastics

It's great to have my Google and Bing ads in one place where I can make multiple changes to both.

Reviewed on 16/05/2017

I am able to streamline my work week with the 20 minute work week feature. It's great to have the data provided in an easy to use interface. I was spending a lot of time on negative keywords and falling behind, but now I get through the most valuable ones on a weekly basis in almost no time.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the 20 minute work week. The interface is great, easy to use, and I get a lot of information in one place.

Cons

My only complaint is that I don't have the capability of using labels for Google ads. After I optimize an ad in Wordstream I have to go into Google to place the label.

Easy to use, reliable account optimisation software.

Reviewed on 02/02/2018

Pros

We mainly use the 20 minute work week which is ideal for us because it allows us to regularly check and optimise the account - this is good for us because it ensures us that ALL of our accounts get the same treatment whether they're little or large.

Cons

Some of the suggestions that the 20 minute work week produce aren't relevant and we have been using this software for some time and each time we provide the reason why the suggestions aren't relevant, this doesn't seem to improve anything. Not a huge issue more of an annoyance!

Mark B.

Great online advertising tool, specially for SEM & Social Media Campaigns

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Less work in advertising campaigns, tips and tricks are already integrated into the tool.

Pros

The Tool makes online advertising easy, you can create and manage ad campaigns on search engines and social networks really quickly. The tool also provides with streamlines reporting that is great internally.

Cons

It feels iffy at times to invest so much of an advertising budget with the tool and not do it directly, but at the end of the day it is worthwhile. You can also hire one of the experts at wordstream do the heavy lifting for you.

Matt H.
Company size: Self Employed

Delivers proof of improvements and makes improvements faster than AdWords

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

Makes PPC provable to my clients, and makes taking action often, easy.

Pros

The insights it provides seem less likely to just generate clicks, and more likely to generate conversions (sales). It's incredibly easy to see where you stand among competitors, and let's you set your expectations accordingly (i.e. it helps reign in your client's wants).

Reporting is easy, and there's not a lot of annoying in-app upsell that so many software systems hook you in with, but only deliver for a premium. People are tired of that.

Support is seriously A-Team (Greg Herrmann knows everything, has every answer. Greg Herrmann for president).

Cons

Would love shopping ads (PLAs), remarketing, display ads, etc. Copying across accounts would be great, too, but whatever I've had any difficulty with Greg Herrmann has provided some kind of a solution for. Support!

Richard H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A fantastic tool to get the most out of search ads.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 06/12/2017

Pros

The 20 minute work weeks are an excellent way to ensure every account you are working with gets a tune up each week, no matter how big or small.

Cons

If it could add analytics integration, it might become the perfect search account tool but for now, it relies on import the conversion data from analytics into AdWords with is slightly less accurate.

Kyle M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Wordstream may not be the cheapest option, but you get the best out there for the price!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017

Wordstream helps our agency to determine the best ways to spend a client's ad spend on Google Adwords and is easy to use.

Pros

Wordsteam is very easy to use and if you ever run into any issues, the support team is always there to help and is very friendly and easy to work with. The value for the money is really great. This is a product that is worth every penny.

Cons

Wordstream is a great product to use, but it can take some time to set up and get used to. Luckily there is a support team that can answer any questions along the way.