VanillaSoft

Lead management software and CRM solution

4.7 /5 (141 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.6
Brian B.

VanillaSoft has made my business more enjoyable than it already was!

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Our business is much more efficient and lead conversion is much higher than it was prior to using.

Pros

I like that I never have to look at a calendar and/or constantly have reminders pop up. The que based routing always gives me the most important call to make at the right time.

Cons

I do not like the pop up window I get each time a scheduled call back come up. It is assumed with the software that each time a call is routed that it needs to be called, so the pop up is confusing to me and time consuming.

Eric N.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good dialer solution but needs a database backend

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Business problems solved: How to cost effectively and easily create, manage and execute outbound programs
Benefits: Competitive pricing, simple functionality

Pros

Easy to set up new campaigns and easy for callers to make dials. VOIP is decent quality and VS doesn't charge anything for the calls regardless if they are domestic or international. Recording feature is a huge benefit but they are only saved for a limited amount of time and there have been times when a call was not recorded despite the fact that recording was enabled for that campaign and that disposition.

Cons

When a call has a positive result, VS should have a database on the back end that allows positive results to flow automatically into a specific client location or folder for client management purposes. Reporting is extremely difficult to customize and exporting lists from VS results in nearly 100 unneeded columns being added. Recording feature is a huge benefit but they are only saved for a limited amount of time and there have been times when a call was not recorded despite the fact that recording was enabled for that campaign and that disposition

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Olivia M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy to use and many features to serve all of my needs

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

I know it may seem silly, but I am not a huge computer person even though my job is working on the computer, so I am really grateful that VanillaSoft is so clear to follow. Learning something new doesn't take long, and that's not because I'm a savant. It's because the software is so very user-friendly. There are many features that make my work easier, and make things easier for the company.
I rarely have any problems, but on the occasion that I have had to contact customer support, they respond solve the problem swiftly, even if the problem is my own fault.

Pros

I use the admin side more than the user side, but both are easy. I work with the contact management, deduping, intellective routing/filters, and email features the most.

Cons

The deduping feature can be irritating because the quick select is lacking in options, so often I have thousands of duplicates and I have to go through and select the ones I want deleted one at a time. It takes FOREVER.

Erik h. V.
Industry: Higher Education

High value product for higher ed call center

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

Overall, very reliable software that allows us to run our call center completely paperless. Tools available for supervisors to monitor caller productivity are really important to running an efficient call center. Minimal training allows callers to feel comfortable with the software soon after calling. Focus is then on securing gifts from donors.

Pros

Really easy for student callers to use. New layout is very functional and straightforward; doesn't require much training to learn. Provides the right features without cluttering the dashboard. Call scripting is simple and effective, reporting functionality is robust, workflow/routing allows for segmentation and efficiency.

Cons

Email client is a bit difficult to use and doesn't have a very modern look to it. Occasional service outages hamper productivity, but this is not often.

Penny G.
Industry: Environmental Services

This is the one CRM that everyone can use AND increase your productivity!

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

I get more accomplished every day with Vanilla Soft because of the way the leads flow seamlessly. I can make so many more calls and send out more emails and have all the information I need right at my fingertips. I would recommend this product to anyone, no matter what level of computer proficiency they have.

Pros

I have not used a software program that is this easy to use. It literally took me about 15 minutes to get the hang of it. You can send emails with2 clicks (you choose the appropriate email). You click to call, you can input information, close the lead and another one pops up! This program keeps track of your progress throughout the workday. You see where you are spending your time. I love this program

Cons

The only thing I don't like it that only one record is displayed at a time. I am on the phone all day and I have cold-called the same person twice. Of course, there is a feature that shows a list of the calls I have made but you must click the one you are looking for and I think it could be more streamlined.

Lisa B.
Industry: Government Relations

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 08/12/2019

VanillaSoft is used to manage sales leads. We are in a remote location who is working from a different time zone than the corporate office. However, this software is versatile and easy to manage no matter where your agents are located.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. Our agents adapted to this software quickly and needed just a few moments of training before they were all hands on! The layout is simple which makes managing the sales leads even easier for an agent!

Cons

If there was one dislike it would be the slowness (at times) which was probably linked to updates that needed to be installed.

Joseph S.
Industry: Education Management

VanillaSoft Changed our Business

Reviewed on 26/09/2016

We have used VanillaSoft at Education Affiliates for almost 7 years. VanillaSoft has been a huge asset for us. It reduced our response time for internet inquiries to 8 seconds! The support team at VS is amazing. They are responsive to our needs and they treat us like partners in our business goals and objectives. VS is very easy to use and can be set up for most businesses in a day. I cannot say enough about how happy we are with VanillaSoft!!!

Pros

User friendly....great support...completely customizable....Scalable to any size operation

Ben B.

VanillaSoft Makes Sales Easy

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Awesome customer support.

Pros

You can add a custom script for your sales people to use. You can write prewritten emails and texts that get sent out with the click of a button. It connects directly to Gmail for Business. It has a great calendar feature. Offers VOIP and Texting. The click to call makes it easy to call leads.

Cons

You can only see one lead at a time. Don't offer MMS texting.

Valie R.

Love VanillaSoft - have been using it for ten years - I honestly couldn't run my business without.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Increased capability, able to compete against larger competitors and offer a superior product for a competitive price. Clients love the responsiveness we can offer to their questions and suggestions on how they can improve their campaigns.

Pros

Ease of use. Our clients really like it - we get great feedback from our clients on the features. We work with marketing teams - they love what we can do for them with VanillaSoft. Love the customer support team - have enabled us to provide more customer support to our clients - makes a small company compete with larger competitors.

Cons

Not really a con - but would like a mobile app so I can address issues that arise when I am not at my desktop.

Carey S.

Great contact system.

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Pros

Auto dialing and contact management features are great. It has helped our sales team identify and manage customers from beginning to end.

Cons

Calendar can use some updating. Maybe allowing syncing with outside calendar would work better and easier.

Industry: Entertainment

Varified User

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Pros

The user interface and ability to update and keep up to date information when working with a patron. Setting calendar appointments

Cons

NNot being able to drag caledar appointments when dates change

Great Software

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

We use the software as a call center CRM and it works great for that application.

Pros

Great software! It is easy to use and any issue I have had, customer support has been easy to work with.

Cons

I do not have any complaints with this software.

Al M.
Industry: Education Management

VS is the best!

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

As a unit leader, the software is amazing and intuitive. Data is in real-time and the UI/Dashboards are customizable to support business needs. Overall, Vanilla Soft has helped to improve speed-to-lead conversions, while providing enough data as your fingertips to help support key business decisions. Great product!!

Pros

- Customizable UI
- Ease of Access to multiple data points
- User Friendly

Cons

- none so far; product has met expectations

Neil S.
Industry: Real Estate

Very Intelligent CRM

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Pros

Been using Vanilla Soft for 7 months now and it is just absolutely amazing. Makes our job a lot efficient, effective and accurate. The best thing about it is the routing of contacts is so intuitive, the report is fantastic and the nurturing system like email drips, auto-email, auto-dial, etc are spot on.

Cons

None so far. Just waiting for SMS feature to be able in Australia.

Hanh P.
Industry: Telecommunications

The only sales & CRM software you'll ever need

Reviewed on 14/06/2019

Before I have some issues with keeping track of all leads and having them in one place that I can review anytime. Using VanillaSoft has been a solution for that and it greatly increased my productivity.

Pros

I like VanillaSoft because of its simple and easy to use interface that is well designed for a fast-paced and effective workflow. All data are neatly organised so I can always keep track of my leads. On top of that, its built-in email and message system provides maximum convenience for me, ultimately making it the only all-in-one platform for my work on a daily basis.

Cons

At the moment, I have no problem using VanillaSoft. But I hope in the future there will be even more features which allow even faster and more effective process.

Hugh D.

Out of all the CRM's VanillaSoft is by far the best.

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

It's All inclusive . My increase in productivity is amazing. The sssoft phone is the best & customer service is off the charts.

Cons

Really nothing. it's the best by far than Salesforce.

Scott B.
Industry: Telecommunications

Easy to Use, Great at Organizing

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Pros

The ease. It's easy to use and great to organize and maximize all of my leads.

Cons

None. Everything has been simple, easy, and great.

Richard E.

Great Tool!

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Great experience overall.

Pros

Organization of leads is great. Allows for easy access.

Cons

Some bugs with some features like urls and email.

Oliver T.
Industry: Human Resources

Great off the shelf solution

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

Ease of use and set up. Sales support and customer onboarding courtesy of our rep.

Cons

No integrated soft phone add on allowing us to use with system.

Jessica P.
Industry: Insurance

Vanilla soft is a MUST for the insurance industry!

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Pros

VanillaSoft has helped our agency in the sales department by providing software that is easy to use and maintain. It works seamlessly with our website and works exactly as needed.

Cons

No complaints about the VanillaSoft software.

Maya S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Pros

It is easy to use due to the simple layout. The interface is very user-friendly.

Cons

I wish I could hide nonrelevant information on specific profiles

Melissa A.
Industry: Management Consulting

VanillaSoft Pro CRM robust and easy to administrate

Reviewed on 17/08/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The company is extremely responsive to customer needs and support requests. When I started my company I needed a scalable CRM with a calendar solution for outside sales reps. Vanillasoft fit the bill in all respects for our niche utilization and blew all other options out of the water in terms of ease of configuration and use. Initially there wasn't an option to auto sync calendars with outside software. About six months after I submitted this as a suggestion, we had a working gmail synchronization capability at no development cost to us.

Cons

I am going to ignore the obvious inconvenience that is inherent to hosted services infrequent but nevertheless frustrating slowdowns or communication errors with the hosted server. The only actual disappointment I've had is also something I am sure this is a common problem across all vendors of SAAS solutions: updates and changes. While I love the constant effort at increasing functionality and streamlining usability, I simultaneously hate updates because my user base finds learning new procedures on the fly very challenging. There were several updates that affected my users which came as a surprise with no warning before or change log notification after. We had a few frantic hours of complete chaos. Also due to our company structure Vanillasoft is our sole avenue of completing work and we use the majority of its features quite intensely, so naturally if there is a bug in the new features... I will be the one to find it. There is however an upside at the end of this which supports what I said earlier about responsiveness. After requesting some kind of upgrade notes, all future upgrades have been well documented in advance. The most recent large scale remodel has the ability to switch back and forth between new and old versions and this has given me the ability to prepare my users for the inevitable permanent change over to the newest iteration.

Carrie B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

VanillaSoft has been a great tool to help us manage our call center.

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

VanillaSoft has been a great tool to manage our prospecting efforts and coordinate communication with prospects.

Pros

The user interface is easy to navigate and understand. There are great features/functions that increase our productivity. We are able to integrate extra marketing touches, like emails and efaxes into campaigns that our callers can initiate with the click of a button.

Cons

Since we work with multiple client campaigns it is sometimes challenging to integrate with their CRM. I'd like to see API integrations for additional CRMs. They are in beta tests with Zapier, which should help.

Steven E.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

By far the most crucial tool in the success of my business.

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Maximum efficiency, assists in organization, allows for multiple points of contact inside a small time frame, allows me to work with multiple clients simultaneously.

Pros

My favorite thing about VanillaSoft is that this platform allows me maximum efficiency, but requires minimal effort. It is an incredibly easy tool to use, and keeps me very well organized. Unlike other systems I've used in the past, VanillaSoft is a great value, and definitely worth the investment.

Cons

There was a time or two that I've observed the same lead being worked by two agents in our office at the same time, but I'm almost certain this was user error - not a malfunction with the software. Unless there's a way to program the cue to bypass a lead that is being worked, I have no complaints.

Christine B.

Vanilla Soft Review

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

I am a user, not an administrator, so my over all experience in the last 5 years has been great. IT is reliable, safe and easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use. The concept is straight forward, and the reliability is key. I have used this software for over 5 years and very rarely have any issues. I am not a software wizard, and I have had no problems learning all the ins and outs.

Cons

What I like least about this software is sometimes it can be slow or stall. But that is with all CRM programs.