1,095 reviews

LiveChat

Premium Customer Service Software for Live Chat & Help Desk

4.6 /5 (1095 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple Live Chat Support Tool

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It's a great tool to add to your website to better convert your online leads and know your customer preferences.

Pros

Livechat has helped me to better understand preferences of my customers and to respond to their queries instantaneously. It has made my lead to conversion from my website almost 3 times more. It has many useful features like chat history and reporting.

Cons

It is the simplest live chat tool available but for a non technical person like me installation/configuration is a bit difficult.

Manoj M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

bad ticketing system

Reviewed on 14/10/2016

All here are talking on Chat feature, that is really nice comparing to available on the earth!
It's not the complete solution to customer support requirement. Need to use another helpdesk solution for ticketing and email reply.

Ticketing system is really bad, no separate canned reply available, need to use same available in chat. The reply emails can't be customized and very "old n ugly" interface displayed to end user in reply email. Powered by Livechat" can't removed in ticket reply.

I contacted to support desk on this, but not answered well: "Yes our product manager know this..., we will update you." No proper/firm answer "When I can modify this ticket reply?". I think, they will see your subscription period, say for 1 year then standard answers. Might be different experience in trial or monthly subscribers.

I am finally searching for good ticketing/email reply service.... search never ends for customer support team for good all in 1 solution!

Pros

chat is instant, fast reply and appropriate geo-location.

Cons

Ticket system is really need "good modern interface" updation. Customization options are not available for ticket system. Need to work hard on ticketing seriously, comparing to helpdesk, desk.com or groove

Response from LiveChat Software

I'm sure there are improvements that can be made. Thank you for the detailed review, Manoj.

ps. If you are looking for certain canned responses we suggest using a grouping system. Something like a prefix before an initial canned response. t_ (for tickets - #t_sales) and/or c_ (for chats -#c_chats). This way, you will narrow down the list of available tags.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ravi G.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A remarkably good chat option

Reviewed on 05/08/2018

Pros

They have a very interactive customer service section. The very fact that they are user-friendly makes them even more unique. It shows detailed information about the person and the other end. This is especially helpful when you belong to any kind of business group and can offer your help with regard to the services available in that specific place. Also, the feature wherein if the person is not online at the other end you could still leave a message so that it could be caught up later, is really good. And, since automatically generated greetings are present, all the manual initial greetings need not be told all over again to each of the contact.

Cons

It would have been even more helpful if another separate page was generated whenever a call appears so that they wouldn’t go unnoticed. The mobile app needs to be improved a bit more. It doesn’t show justice to the desktop version.

Ileana V.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Chat with me Live

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

We use live chat daily to speak with leads that visit our center. It is a great avenue for people that are unable to speak at a specific moment or for leads that can not be reached via phone.

Pros

Live chat is a great tool for your website. Using a simple link, you can integrate it into your website so that leads can chat with you live or leave a message for a follow up. You can create templates so that you have quick responses to send. There are tons of features and updates are completed quite frequently.

Cons

Must pay per user so if you need multiple users, it can get costly. Reporting can be difficult as well since the reporting does not always give me access to the lead data, without me having to manually pull the information.

Emin N.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A good software for all sizes of companies for customer relations activities

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Via the Livechat, we communicated with all departments such as operations, accounting which saves our time with very useful features and options. You can enjoy different shades of customisation, professional interface and robust reporting features by using it with different kids of devices.

Pros

1) The daily chat summary function helps you to review the statistic performance of Sales department
2) Possible accessibility to LiveChat with all kinds of electronic devices. Especially, there are not any technical problem when you connect with your smartphone
3) Via LiveChat, you can provide fast, reliable 24hours customer service without any breaking point in connection
4) Daily notifications about the performance of the work teams help you analyze the work procedures analytically in daily basis

Cons

1) There are lacking information for customers concerned with location, page visiting, and browser
2) In the case of internet disconnection, the software doesn't inform you about the issue.
3) Despite the fact that 30 free trials are very advantageous, the price of advanced version could be expensive for small based companies with less budget

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Customer support isn't an issue

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Pros

I have been using LiveChat on one of my eCommerce stores and it is such an amazing app that always does the job. What I love the most about LiveChat is the availability of multiple apps which allows me and my agents to offer support 24/7. You can use it on Android, iOS, and pretty much on any device.

There are a few great features for eCommerce such as sales tracking and ability to set goals. These are the two features that I have always loved and used. Though sales tracker is just basic in nature but it gets the job done.

LiveChat comes with a lot of interesting (and useful) features that make your life easier. I haven't used all of their features but I know that they are there and when I'd need them, I will use them.

Cons

I have two issue with Live Chat. First, its a bit pricey. If you are small business, blogger, or a startup founder, you will find LiveChat a bit pricey.
Second, the mobile app has bugs. It works but it can be improved. You don't get full access from the mobile app and there will be times when you will have to switch to web interface to get a thing or two done.

Laurie G.

Software connected our Web Traffic to our Sales Team in a meaningful way

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

The software allowed us to leverage additional Sales Team activity from our web traffic - letting us increase engagement with customers and drive additional sales.

Pros

The chat routing functions allowed me to segment traffic on particular pages to relevant parts of the sales team.

Reporting allows us to monitor productivity of team members & the success the tool is having with regards to generating additional activity for the Sales team.

The control of the Engagements function lets you customise your strategy, you can be disruptive to user journey if you feel it's needed or more relaxed in showing off the chat tool by withdrawing pop-ups and forcing the user to engage with you.

The support team is great, and the integration is easy

Cons

I dislike the inability to control the engagements based on device, e.g. being able to offer less pop-up engagements on mobile than by desktop.

The user group functionality can be a little clunky at times.

Praveen R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Our company use LiveChat to help with the support team.

Reviewed on 07/10/2018

Pros

My main function at my current title is to develop software and also give support to customers who use the software, We work based on a ticketing system which entirely works on LiveChat. Customers submit issues and questions as a ticket through Livechat enables FAQ page and the application prioritizes the tickets based on the importance. We have set certain parameters for the app to understand the priority. That helps us to sort out tickets in quick manner.

Cons

Now I am using grammarly tool inside the chat window to sort out typing errors and grammar mistakes. If there is an inbuilt feature that helps to detect typos, that would be great. As sometimes I use several devices and installing grammarly on each device is not economical.

Easy to set up live chat for your website

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

This is the best live chat we have used so far.

It’s quick to set up, is relatively well priced, is easy to customize and brand, works incredibly well and is compatible in all browsers and operating systems.

As an administrator, the set up was a charm and it’s an easy tool to maintain and keep online. We rarely see downtime and out customer service agents really like using it

You get mobile support, SSL inscription, lchat history/logs and great tracking and analytics tools.

Cons

The pricing is the only thing that should concern people. I believe there are cheaper alternatives but in my opinion the easy of use and feature set make this the best pick.

Armando S.

Faster way for customers to get help. My company have it and customers like the fast assitances.

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

We are getting great feedbacks from our cusomers indicating that they are getting fast responses from us when they have any questions. They like it better than sending an email or calling.

Pros

LiveChat is easy to use and very convenient to have on our portal. This is due to faster assitant to our customers instead of them communicating via phone or Email that could take a little longer to get to. Our customers liked that they do not have to wait long for questions that arise. This program is great to have for customer sevice.

Cons

Maybe a little bit more features like control remote in order to assits clients if needed. Other than that no complains on the program we use it alot at work to assits fast our customers.

LiveChat helps to establish an Internet business

Reviewed on 27/01/2018

Ability to insert photos of our operator and personalize communication
An active invitation option - when an operator can invite a client to chat
Statistics on visitors - where did it come from, what pages did you see
Possibility of transferring a client between operators
History of communication

Pros

Our business (online web forms and databases) suggests that the guys from technical support have to communicate with dozens of clients every day. LiveChat helped us to set quality work in this direction. This program has a thoughtful functional, allows me, as the owner of the company, to control employees. Our employees, in turn, easily organized and configured communication with customers. Now the consultations are easy and painless.

Cons

The interface of the application is difficult to call intuitively clear, but our operators in a few days were able to master all the necessary functions.

Industry: Hospitality

Live Chat Review

Reviewed on 10/03/2019

One of the most important benefits I see of using Live Chat is that our client reputations and concerns regarding our application have been resolved greatly, Clients are appreciative of fast response, closing tickets much faster, solving business issues and etc. I would highly recommend users to use Live Chat.

Pros

Live Chat is I think the best software out there to use that has all the features such as; ticket monitoring, tickets via email, after hours ticket form, integration of Live Chat with Facebook, and much more. Live Chat Offers great sercuity and protection against web applications that are connected to Live Chat. The is also Mobile customer support for Live Chat as well. I primarily user live chat for our application and clients mostly overseas have to need to submit a ticket for applications issues during off hours and we have a dedicated support team to handle those type of situations and provide our clients with seamless access to our application without any issues. Live Chat best of the best features that I like is the "Chat Tools" because clients can share files, see notifications, chat window, and much more, and from my point of view I can see the client information which is great for me to see and help get in contact with my client.

Cons

I have no issues using Live Chat in recent months.

R. greg C.
Industry: Construction

Great App for Smaller Organizations

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 20/05/2018

Pros

Ease of setup. My favorite feature is that it notifies me when I have a user on my site comma by a verbal notification on my mobile phone. This is great for smaller sites that don't get a lot of new visitors, but would probably drive a large site administrator absolutely crazy. This app is very user-friendly easy to, easy to set up, and seems to be a really great value for the money. When my new budget comes out on the 1st I intend to purchase it. I use it for www.interlogmarineconstruction.com . It keeps a record of all my chats, their IP location, and of course notifies me when they're on and when they return. Really great functionality, a good dashboard, and for a website administrator not versed in coding, this app is perfect.

Cons

There are a few features I'd like to see, maybe more customizable, and perhaps more choices when it comes to themes. My primary turn off was the incessant hounding by sales reps the moment I installed it. To their credit after a good scolding on my part, they left me alone to evaluate it. I highly recommend this app.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great chat option for your website

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Overall it's been a great experience. Anytime I've had a question about a feature or functionality, customer service reps have been quick to respond and helped to find an answer.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use "out of the box." Simply install it, add the code to your website, and then you're good to go. It's intuitive and simple to figure out. Having the ability to add tags and canned responses makes a huge difference too.

Cons

Their app (iPad at least) lacks some of the features that the desktop app or web version offer. Since I primary use it on a desktop or laptop, that isn't a deal breaker for me.

Industry: Plastics

You HAVE to chat

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

We really like it. It has helped increase online sales and customer service scores for our team.

Pros

This software makes it very easy for internal customer service and sales reps to handle customer questions. Easy to track sales after chat and it allows you to capture e-mail addresses which, with permission, can be used for marketing.

Cons

It is a bear to set up, get the parameters right for your team and such. Do you want your reps taking 1 chat at a time, 2, 3? How long with no response before the chat should end? How long with a rep quiet before you send a generic please wait message?

Maria S.
Industry: Hospitality

Love Live Chat!

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

We were finally able to find software that integrated with our own. Super stable and easy to integrate. Extremely reliable and over the years it has provided tools that become more and more useful! Their customer service is to a whole new lever always fast and professional to address issues. Love having them by our side!

Pros

Many powerful features. No more phone calls they communicate through our chat now. Editable which not many software are. Support is suer hands on.

Cons

Very minor issues would occur when there were updates. Constantly needs to be monitored. The app could definitely use some help.

Kayleigh S.
Industry: Photography

Great but our business didn’t use enough

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 28/05/2020

Good but the problems it solved just for us then created the problem that someone had to man it all the time

Pros

Customers can chat to us directly
Easy to transfer chats to different operators
Nice intergration with squarespace

Cons

We just felt that we were getting customers on live chat when we would rather them just ring us. It wasn’t that diffeeent to Facebook messenger so we decided it was daft having one more thing to keep an eye on

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tesh V.

Excellent service, it helps to save time on communication with customers!

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Convenient integration with third-party cloud storage services, CMS);
Ability to install and work on your mobile device.

Pros

Our company, although small, but the specifics of business (copywriting, SEO) is such that employees have to communicate with many clients every day. To establish such communication with an ordinary notebook is difficult (you can forget something or confuse it), and LiveChat allows you to not only save all information, but also control the quality of communication between employees and customers. Very convenient, I recommend!

Cons

If your income is not too high, the fee for LiveChat may seem overestimated. The second drawback is the lack of different possible interface languages.

Boris G.

This service is thought out to the smallest detail

Reviewed on 28/01/2018

Pros

In our company, over time, the base of customers has grown significantly and many of them want to communicate online. After trying a lot of programs, we settled on LiveChat. The application is simple and straightforward and at the same time it solves all problems, namely the ability to communicate with clients, save history, view chat rooms with managers. If you doubt whether this service is suitable for your business, you can try the 30-day free version.

Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

Live Chat gladly will talk to you.

Reviewed on 18/05/2019

As i had said before i am deaf so i do use live chat alot. It hard to hear everything on phone. Is why i personally use live chat. I also feel that live chat is quicker than being on the phone.

Pros

Liev chat i really like. As a deaf person i can't always hear on the phone. I use live chat alot. The agents that talks to you does help you thru any problems. As long it not a robot and it a real person that responds to you. I use live chat for alot of companies and websites. I recommend the live chat better than calling on the phone and have to wait forever to get someone on the phone. Live chat you get instant response.

Cons

I really don't have any downfall with live chat. I do recommend anyone to use live chat. I don't have any complaints with live chat. I am pleased with live chat.

Netheldia P.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: Self Employed

Can I Help You

Reviewed on 29/02/2020

Pros

This is a very useful software on my website that I created with WIX. My customer are able to reach me when I am live and I am able to respond to them when I get back on line

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software. It is reliable and convenient for all of mines and my customer need in contacting me.

Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Review on LiveChat

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

overall LiveChat is a good tool to use.

Pros

LiveChat is a good feature provided to different corporate companies for managing their chat with customers. its a good solution and can support 4-5 customer's chat simultaneously. so as a agent its very easy to handle multiple chats and response within time and provide good customer experience.

Cons

LiveChat is a good tool but still they need to provide customer's location along with the feature where if customer can type anything it should be visible for agent to see before customer enter chat.

Rolake D.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Perfect tool for customer relations.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Pros

Beautiful and easy to understand user interface,enabling users navigate the software environment easily.
Livechat is backed by an ever supportive customer care, who have come to our aid on multiple occasions.
I also like the sale tracker feature which measures the amount of sales closed by each customer care member, thereby helping management determine effective help desk agents.

Cons

I wish Livechat could introduce a phone call feature into this program. Will make our sales work much more effective.

Alex K.

Service that makes work more productive and more profitable

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

The program helps to conduct instant, quality online consultations without failures in the work around the clock. To use the system is simple and convenient, our employees and customers very quickly appreciated it. Full optimization, the ability to watch the typing and many other advantages that make sales several times more efficient.

Cons

Not always convenient and bright interface, sometimes there are small hiccups, minimal functionality, which is more suitable for small companies with an average number of customers.

William P.
Industry: Computer Software

Loved it

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Pros

Live chat was easy to use and easy to install on our Wordpress site. We used it for a few years but discontinued the service because we were paying for HubSpot and they offer a chat service. I've recommended live chat to several others, and they are currently using the service.

Cons

I don't have any cons with LiveChat. It was very simple to use.