NICE CXone

Irv
Irv
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Great for a small call center

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

My team manages a mini call center composed of 5 specialists that that handle incoming calls from our vendor network throughout the day. During high volume days, calls are looped among the specialists in order to avoid missing any calls and requiring a vendor to leave a voicemail. This software was easy for our IT department to transition between looped calls and standard call processes. I believe that this is software can grow with your company whether you have 5 employees or 500.

Pros

Mostly reliant software with great sound quality
Great call routing features and automation
Quality call recording options (useful for escalations or PIP)
Cost effective due to the entire company using the platform (may be expensive for smaller teams)

Cons

When system is down, missed calls are lost
System support can be slow at times
Reporting capabilities could be expanded (improved dashboards)

Warren

Have been using NICE inContact since 2009

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

My overall experience with NICE inContact has been fantastic. I enjoy working with my reps as we together try to find the best solution to our problems. I feel they have truly been our partner.

Pros

I worked as an end user of NICE inContact in FamilySearch Support and for the past 4 years I have been working as the FamilySearch Telecommunications Product Engineer. As an end user I found the product to be easy to use and reliable. I was able to seamlessly take chats and calls up to 30 in a day. As the Administrator CXOne/inContact Central is easy to use creating skills, users, and security profiles. As the Engineer working in Studio and creating call flows with Salesforce integration I find the product robust and basically if you can think of it, there is most likely a way to make it happen using APIs and the inContact Studio. I was able to learn the basics and build from there with little training. And what I don't know NICE inContact engineers and account managers are there to help.

Cons

In Salesforce there is a feature that you can login as the user to see what the user is seeing. inContact doesn't have that feature. To troubleshoot a user issue I have to go to some lengths to change the users password and login as them to see if I can see what they are reporting. Speaking of reporting, I know the CXOne platform has addons for better reporting but I feel the dashboards and basic reporting could be made better. For example to be able to drill down on a dashboard to specifics even on the user level.

Response from NICE

Thanks for your feedback, Warren!

• Industry: Hospitality

Omnichannel, Multi-site, International Contact Center

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

InContact has allowed us to increase flexibility in handling contacts across multiple sites. We have been able to utilize functionality that allows our agents to know the guest who is calling and the reason for their contact. Like any tool, there is pros and cons. We have had to adapt some of our business practices to the tool. It is nice, no pun intended, to have all of our tools in one platform (ACD, Quality, Reporting, WFM, etc.).

Pros

InContact allows us to utilize our global staff to ensure our guests receive prompt response time to their phone calls, emails, and chats. We are able to skill and staff our agents across multiple sites to increase efficiency. The software was easy to learn and adapt to for our users when we switched. The tool gives us access to data both real-time and historical needed to make decisions and operate effectively. We are able to have multiple tools (WFM, Quality, ACD, Reporting, etc.) in one platform.

Cons

We skill agents with both voice and digital (email and chat) skills. Because InContact treats chat as a digital media type, it will route both chats and phone calls at the same time which is challenging and limits our ability to utilize the omnichannel feature as we would want to.
Without case ownership on email, each reply after the initial email may route to a different agent, which creates challenges with continuity of the communication.
Email reporting has been and continues to be a challenge. It is difficult for us to see how many emails were handled on a certain day if the email was handled on a different day than when it came into the system.

Response from NICE

Thank you for your detailed review. We are always working to improve our software. We will pass along your valuable insight to our development teams.

Jim

• Customer Support Software

Gold standard of contact center software & management

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Pros

Technical Customer Support manager is top-notch
ACD / IVR configuration was a snap. We were up and running in almost no time

Cons

Workforce Management module configuration is a bit tricky

Five9 and RingEX

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

We decided to move to a cloud based solution to add levels of resiliency that we didn't have. Also, the benefits of flexibility were tremendous.

Five9 and RingEX

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

CX One features were more comprehensive

Response from NICE

Thank you for your review!

Ashton
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great product

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Pros

I love the IVR system that they have. It makes routing calls and playing messages really easy and it also has great scripting opportunities. I also like how easy it is to use CXone on the agents computers.

Cons

The call quality is high but if you have headsets that aren't very good it can create issues with audio.

Five9

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

Overall CX one is a better product by far.

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

Nice Incontact is a local company to us and we wanted to focus on inbound calls not outbound.

Response from NICE

Thanks for your review, Ashton! Glad to know about your experience!

Jonathan

Constant issues - arguments with Support Teams on validity of issues

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

When it works, it's smooth. Its highly customizable for call queues and trees.

Cons

Support is atrocious; constant and large outages (anywhere from 5min to a couple of hours means that all call center staff cannot take/make calls which cripples us). We've had an open support ticket closed on us 6+ times because support says the issue is resolved even when we continue to present evidence it's not resolved. Ongoing issues for 2 months now, still no resolution.

Response from NICE

Hi Jonathan. Your business if very important to us. We'll get in touch with your service team to find out about these issues to get them resolved.

Lisa
  • Industry: Insurance Software
  • Used for 2+ years

NICE InContact XCone feedback

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Initial implementation issues have been resolved so now we're in more of a sustainment mode. Issues have reduced and we're doing well.

Pros

SaaS and it's integration capabilities with the other NICE products such as WFM, RTAM and Analytics.

Cons

The vendor still operates like 3 separate companies.

Move to SaaS platform.

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

The experience of executive leadership plus having the benefit of synergy with Nice, inContact and Nexidia.

Response from NICE

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you are having a good experience. We will share your feedback with our teams.

Leonard
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Nice inContact CXone review

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

The overall experience with NICE has been a positive one. There are multiple items that we love, and then some that could use some work. A benefit is that their engineers actually take feedback and if it makes sense there is a good chance that it will be a future update/improvement to the platform.

Pros

We enjoy the multiple features available with CXOne, such as the forecasting tool, MAX agent.

Cons

The thing we like least about the software is the ability to update on a mass scale. Most areas are on a one agent edit scale. Would be beneficial for example if break schedules could be edited on a weekly level view instead of by day.

Response from NICE

Thanks for the review Leonard! We'll pass your feedback on to our team.

David
David
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

InContact it has it all

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Pros

I really like the option to I can change the IVR on the fly which is important with our software if it goes down we can notify the customer very quickly which helps drive calls down. I also like the reporting that it can produce.

Cons

I think as a company they should give each of their customer 2 hours of technical time because I would like to switch up my IVR but there are some situations where it to technical for me. Also it is expensive for smaller companies to get all the option the InContact brings.

Response from NICE

David, thanks so much for your feedback. We encourage you to provide these suggestions on our customer community portal. They will be taken into consideration if other customers have a similar need as yours.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Out of Date

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Pros

Lots of functions and great call routing.

Cons

Always have issues with the integrated softphone and connectivity.

Tarell
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Best Contact Software

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

I've been using this software for over 2 years taking inbound and making Outbound calls. The audio quality is the best I've ever used. I'm glad we were able to switch from our previous contact resolution software.

Pros

What I enjoy most about Nice is that it's pretty easy to use. The distributing feature for multiple agents to use the software handling each call is unbelievable.

Cons

The biggest challenge I've faced is setting up a new profile w/dashboard etc. After over and hour we were able to have it set up.

Rob
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Incontact has features but requires commitment of time and learning

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

We had a VERY rocky start. I believe that most of the issues were with our implementation manager. I have mostly re-written and fixed the studio scripts and eliminated most of the routing issues. I do very much like the universal availability of Soft phone to be used from anywhere and that you can use it with most browsers and operating systems. The auto dialer is definitely the best program in the product. List penetration and reporting make it easy to reach more patients/clients with no lag/delay between reaching the person and speaking with them.

Pros

The available features are great. Hands down, the best auto dialer I have experienced but the set up and testing will take several weeks to tweak to your preference. Logging in from anywhere is very beneficial. Always updated to make the product new and innovative. All-in-one products available. One stop shop for QR, WFM, softphone and Forecasting. Although the program requires a lot of troubleshooting and upkeep, I will admit that it does not go all the way down very often.

Cons

Implementation fees for anything you want to do. For something as simple as SMS response to advance chat. There are costs and fees for everything down to the nickel and dime. This caused us to develop our own server to store calls (due to storage costs), our QR program is 3rd party and our chat program now. We started with Uptivity which is being discontinued 12/31/2019. The new program they suggested was a very large increase in price. So we went with separate company for our QR needs. Turn around is very slow for add-ons and requested changes/features. I highly recommend a well versed main contact with knowledge in building programs, telephony/studio, and user access/security to be a go to person. This will save you time and money in the long run. A program that is always being tweaked requires several updates. The updates can take away from business and cause errors/issues for several users. I typically set my week aside whenever a new release is upcoming so that I can help troubleshoot.

Response from NICE

Thank you for the detailed review, Rob! We are always striving to improve and will make sure to pass along your comments to our development team. We are happy to hear the auto dialer is working well.

Shelli

Review of NICE inContact May 2020

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

Business problem is routing calls and cases to appropriately skilled reps. It works great! Love how we can integrate with Salesforce and Service Now

Pros

Easy to get going in Studio and training for Agents to use MAX or the Salesforce AgentConsole. Basic scripting tasks are easy to do. Complex tasks have been achievable with the help of PSOD where most techs are amazingly helpful and brilliant! The help pages are ok, provide basic info.

Cons

1. API Documentation is terrible. Hitting F1 on a Studio action for an API returns 'file not found' - there is no documentation on the API. Going into the developer console and looking at the APIs, also lacking info. Date fields provide the ISO regulation, examples would be extremely helpful.
2. In Central, most of the UI is too small to see the full names. Sometimes hovering over each name shows the name, but when looking at a list of 20 per page of POCs or skills the name field is too short to show the full name. There is plenty of white space where the names could be given more spaces.
3. Reporting a defect to tech support (opening a case) requires three or four meetings where I share my screen and reproduce the error again and again. It would be nice if they could use the original video and data to investigate. If they need additional config info, it would be good to ask for it.
4. Reporting call quality issues also requires much going back and forth, even when I've provided data from a quality testing vendor (Spearline). Would be ideal to be able to work with inContact to create a streamlined process where I report the issue, backed with data, and inContact uses the data as leverage with the carrier as proof of quality issues.

Response from NICE

Shelli, thank you for your feedback. We want to help you with some of the issues you've outlined in your comments. Could you please reach out to us at corporatecommunications@niceincontact .com? Thank you.

Steven

Constant Service Issues, Terrible Customer Support

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

While we like the reporting system much better than our last system (though it does have a bit of a learning curve), we have pretty constant service issues. While InContact guarantees a 99.99% uptime, that would translate to about 4 hours a year of downtime for us - we sometimes have 4 hours of downtime in a single week. It has gotten a little better since we started complaining more, but we still have at least one impacting event every week or 2, that lasts 20-30 minutes.

The customer support is the worst I've ever dealt with. Some of them are nice, but clearly just don't have any idea what they're talking about, and some of them our downright rude. 1/3 of the time I call them, I know right away, based on their initial response, that there's no way they're going to be able to resolve my issue. Another close to 2/3 of the time, they take my info, ask me for info they could find themselves, and then create a case. They keep updating the case, until eventually the issue just kind of resolves itself, and then they close the case. Then, of course, the issue comes back 2 days later, and the process starts over again. I've even had a service representative flat out tell me my agents are lying to me, rather than treating the issue like it's InContact's fault - he also basically told me I was an idiot for "not seeing the obvious answer". We did, later, find proof that it was InContact's fault.

For all of our service issues over the last several months, they did provide a credit due to the guarantee, but six months of refunds came out to be about 8% of one month's bill - not much of a refund for constant issues and headaches that cost our company sales and hurt our department's credibility.

The script (InContact's Studio) is immensely and unnecessarily confusing, and if you can't figure out how to do it yourself, customer support will try for about 30 minutes and fail (hopefully not breaking anything else in the process), and then you have to call their professional services, which charges for every 15 minutes you're on the phone. Expect about an hour and a half call to add a simple "press one for this skill, press two for this skill" menu to a specific line. If you think about it, it's pretty genius - they actually make money by having a terrible customer service department and a complicated product, because then it forces you to pay exorbitant prices to get real help.

Many of their other add-on softwares are also unnecessarily confusing, outdated, buggy, or a combination of all 3. For instance, their WFO software, Verint, is incredibly confusing. Three of our employees went to a week-long training (which we paid a lot for) right before I took this position, and none of those employees could really tell me how to use the software. They did, however, forward to me 2 separate guides for the software, which totaled nearly 1,000 pages. Even with the wide array of unnecessary and complicated options, I still couldn't customize it to my needs after working with it, and customer support for nearly a month. They are moving away from Verint, because the company that acquired InContact has a competing product, but this point still stands for their other softwares as well - InView is nice, but very buggy and finicky, and we couldn't get quick results from our Account rep there - Uptivity looks like it was created in the early 90s, and is also relatively confusing, and non-user friendly - their customer support is also horrid.

The only reason we haven't switched already, is I'm finally starting to understand their Studio (after 9 months in this job), and I don't want to start over, and I'm worried that another company will be just as bad, or at least close. But it really hurts to pay so much for a poor service.

As far as price, I don't have enough experience in the field to be a great judge on this, but in speaking with others about some of their add-on service quotes that they've given us, I'm quite sure that these at least are a pretty terrible deal.

Pros

Reports are much more customizable than our last service
The InContact website itself is relatively user friendly and straightforward, aside from a learning curve for the reporting.

Cons

- Poor Customer Service
- Buggy/Non-user friendly add-on products
- Constant Service Issues
- Complicated Script
- Expensive Professional Services

Stephanie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Good for Agent usability

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Pros

Great for agents to use. Central is great super easy to use. Can move around in that system quickly.

Cons

Engage is hard to use and the setup is time consumer. WFM needs to be upgraded to allow for better usability.

Cerri Project

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

Needed a more reliable product

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

The usability of the agent plateform.
Anallyn
  • Industry: Banking

NICE inContact for Call Center Management

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

At first I was skeptical with NICE inContact since I am used to using the other NICE application. After several updates made with NICE inContact collaborating with our Voice Team, the experience has been better especially loved the web player option :).

Pros

Since we started using NiC in March due to the global pandemic, we have since observed several upgrades in the functionalities/capabilities.

1. We have the option to remove download capabilities to certain users for InfoSec compliance since our company is a financial organization.
2. We no longer need 8x8 to play the call as it now has the web player functionality thus makes it easier to listen to calls.
3. We can now track the actual dead air and hold time which is critical to the call center as part of us monitoring the AHT and efficiency of our associates.
4. Clear definition of why a call was disconnected such as Agent Hung Up, Contact Hung Up, Agent Phone Disconnected, OB call interrupted and so on.

Cons

Some of the thing s I least like with the software are.

1. NiC tends to run into an error when agent is on high avail then a call suddenly comes in, it gives an agent leg error.
2. There are times that customer could not hear agent on the other line yet or vv. We did a test in the past where we listen to the call live and listened to the call after being recorded.

Jace

Expensive, undersupported, and unresponsive

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Pros

Agents are able to work remotely and the IVRs work as intended.

Cons

There are some bugs with routing and call wrap-up. The support offered by NICE is not good. It can takes weeks for NICE to contact you about trouble tickets you opened. The are understaffed and it doesn't seem that they are taken the necessary hiring actions to take control of this.

8x8 Work

8x8 Work

Response from NICE

Thank you, Jace. We'll pass your comments on to the product team.

Jenny Naja
Jenny Naja

InContact

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

InContact helped us to improve reporting in the call center and data-driven decision making.

Pros

The implementation process was simple. Their data collection workbook is designed in a way the data requirements is mapped in a way that avoid the most common issues in implementations. Of course, there are always hiccups, but the Team was always ready to assist. We are a SMB and the executives assigned to us were actually from AnswerX, which was previously acquired by InContact. That required an additional cost, but offered closer guidance.

Cons

Modifying scripts and workflows in the IVR is doable, but most of the times they expect you to request assistance and get the Executive working on it. Other IVRs make it more intuitive and visually appaeling for the clients to manage themselves.

Response from NICE

Thank you so much for the review and productive feedback! We are glad we were able to help you improve upon reporting but are always looking to do better. We will pass along your commentary regarding the IVRs to our team.

Dan
  • Industry: Information Services

Nice inContact Call Center

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

My experience with the Nice inContact call center software has been that it is a high quality, high availability solution that meets most call center operational requirements and can be implemented in a timely manner.

Pros

The software, compared to legacy premise-based call center solutions, is considerably easier to configure and implement. Time to bring on new IVR and ACD solutions is a fraction of the time to do so in the traditional environment. Integration with CRM solutions for screen pop, IVR customer lookup, dialer list management, and other services can be easily configured and implemented in days vs. months. The software enables multiple media types (voice, chat, email, SMS, etc.) to be managed under a single platform and seamlessly routed to agents. Getting implementation staff proficient with the tool is another plus.

Cons

Functionality of some services is not as deep as a point solution (i.e. compared to a full function chat or email management service) but is more tightly integrated for multi-channel routing.

• Customer Support Software

User friendly support center platform

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

We've been using Nice CXone for last few years and the overall experience is generally positive. The software contains all the support center functionality that you need and can be administered easily. The team likes to use the platform because it's straightforward and user friendly. We are happy with the choice

Pros

User intuitive application with easy navigation experience for both agents and administrators
Length and breadth of reports - inbuilt reports are mostly sufficient. It's easy to create your own custom reports and it does not require any special skill
Can be used for inbound and outbound calls
Call recordings can be easily saved on the cloud
Excellent integration capabilities, we've integrated with Salesforce with good results

Cons

Call clarity when you configure cell phone to receive calls
Long drawn process of procuring toll free numbers for some regions
Occasional connectivity issues, however it's a thing of past and lot more reliable now

Andrew

A Mixed Review

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Use of the CXone softphone has helped improve our agents call response time, and made it easier to troubleshoot problems communicating through InContact since we are all using the same system.

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to pull information for reports regarding agent calls, agent behaviors, and call/time use statistics. Being able to pull this information let's me find and address problems that occur at time when a supervisor is not able to actively watch what each agent is doing, and gives supervisors the flexibility to work on many tasks at once.

Cons

There are some significant stability concerns. Agents reporting that the server did not accept a saved password several times, then accepting it on the fifth try, the softphone credentials being given to a second agent causing neither to be able to take calls do to license revocation, outages lasting for several hours at a time (though they happen infrequently).

Response from NICE

Andrew, thanks so much for your feedback! We'll pass along your feedback to our team.

Falisha
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Easy to Use but Some Features Need Improvement

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Pros

InContact is easy to get logged in and take calls or change your state. It is also very versatile, lots of customization and a fair amount of reporting options. It allows the ability see the current state of every contact and agent that are logged into the platform. The ability to set up dispositions to see a summary of what every contact was about is very useful, as is the ability to easily pull the caller ID for calls in case a call is dropped

Cons

The Max console could use improvement - in a lot of ways it is better than it's predecessor (Thin Agent) but my biggest struggle with it is not being able to easily see what calls are in the queue at a glance. A few of the reporting options could be improved upon as well. Some features are a bit clunky and could use some fine tuning

Response from NICE

Thank you for the constructive feedback. We are happy to hear that the software is working for you and will pass along your feedback about needed improvements to the appropriate teams.

Kelsie
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Works well for growing businesses and WAH employees

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Pros

The ability to work remotely from home, which allows greater flexibility for both the company and employees, as well as the ease of use of the system in learning to handle different contacts - emails/chats/phone calls. This is a simple and fairly straightforward system for a new user to learn, and allows users the ability to be more efficient in their work.

Cons

The occasional system glitches which leaves users "stuck" in after call wrap or inability to change codes; when this happens, an Administrator has to force log the user out of the system to allow the system to refresh and the user to log back in to continue their work. While these glitches are much less frequent than they used to be, it still is an ongoing platform issue.

Response from NICE

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to hear that our software makes remote work straightforward and efficient. We are always striving to make improvements and our teams are working through software glitch issues.

Incontact is innovation

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Pros

I believe we are the largest client incontact has. They have provided customization to our telephony business that has allowed for improved close rate, streamlined call routing, and data analytics to improve our business.

Cons

I'd love to be able to house our communications with agents in the software.

Response from NICE

Hello and thank you for taking time to post your review and for sharing the good results you are getting to support your business goals. We¿ll pass your suggestion along to our product development team. You may also want to check out a new feature in our Customer Community to submit product ideas that the entire community can vote on. We now have over 850 customers involved. If you haven't joined, you'll want to get started. You can register online with your NICE inContact Central credentials here: community.niceincontact.com. For additional assistance with the registration, please contact us at [email protected]. Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to innovating together!

Anthony
  • Industry: Banking

Great Platform

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

Pros

Ease of use, reporting stack and the support from the TAMs

Cons

I think QMA could be better regarding plans and reporting.