NICE inContact

Cloud Contact Center Software

4.2 /5 (416 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
Travis G.
Industry: Computer Software

Swiss Army Knife

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

They are a fair and firm company that says what they will do, and they do what they say.

Pros

There are a broad range of features that are combined to make a symbiotic platform with tons and tons of options.

Cons

I wish that there were sentiment analysis for the SMS side of the omnichannel.

Warren J.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Have been using NICE inContact since 2009

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

My overall experience with NICE inContact has been fantastic. I enjoy working with my reps as we together try to find the best solution to our problems. I feel they have truly been our partner.

Pros

I worked as an end user of NICE inContact in FamilySearch Support and for the past 4 years I have been working as the FamilySearch Telecommunications Product Engineer. As an end user I found the product to be easy to use and reliable. I was able to seamlessly take chats and calls up to 30 in a day. As the Administrator CXOne/inContact Central is easy to use creating skills, users, and security profiles. As the Engineer working in Studio and creating call flows with Salesforce integration I find the product robust and basically if you can think of it, there is most likely a way to make it happen using APIs and the inContact Studio. I was able to learn the basics and build from there with little training. And what I don't know NICE inContact engineers and account managers are there to help.

Cons

In Salesforce there is a feature that you can login as the user to see what the user is seeing. inContact doesn't have that feature. To troubleshoot a user issue I have to go to some lengths to change the users password and login as them to see if I can see what they are reporting. Speaking of reporting, I know the CXOne platform has addons for better reporting but I feel the dashboards and basic reporting could be made better. For example to be able to drill down on a dashboard to specifics even on the user level.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your feedback, Warren!

Emily M.
Industry: Hospitality
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

InContact Review

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Pros

Very user friendly. We very rarely need help from our IT team to make any changes or updates. Most reports and tools can be figured out. Training tools are great. Integration very simple, using Skybox to assist. TAM, Garland Bailey, is excellent.

Cons

Analytics are hard to use and are not accurate based on what I know.
InView does not match InContact reporting. We have asked for support/assistance resolving issues and we have not received resolution in over 3 months.
We need additional widgets in the dashboard but can't get them.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your detailed review, Emily!

Ivonne G.
Industry: Information Services

InContact for ADRC/2-1-1 hybrid

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Pros

Product is easy to use anywhere on the go. The KPI reports are exactly what we need for reporting purposes

Cons

I do not like that it logs us out continuously throughout the day

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your comments, Ivonne!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Andrew N.
Industry: Real Estate

A Mixed Review

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Use of the CXone softphone has helped improve our agents call response time, and made it easier to troubleshoot problems communicating through InContact since we are all using the same system.

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to pull information for reports regarding agent calls, agent behaviors, and call/time use statistics. Being able to pull this information let's me find and address problems that occur at time when a supervisor is not able to actively watch what each agent is doing, and gives supervisors the flexibility to work on many tasks at once.

Cons

There are some significant stability concerns. Agents reporting that the server did not accept a saved password several times, then accepting it on the fifth try, the softphone credentials being given to a second agent causing neither to be able to take calls do to license revocation, outages lasting for several hours at a time (though they happen infrequently).

Response from NICE inContact

Andrew, thanks so much for your feedback! We'll pass along your feedback to our team.

Falisha S.
Industry: Telecommunications

Easy to Use but Some Features Need Improvement

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Pros

InContact is easy to get logged in and take calls or change your state. It is also very versatile, lots of customization and a fair amount of reporting options. It allows the ability see the current state of every contact and agent that are logged into the platform. The ability to set up dispositions to see a summary of what every contact was about is very useful, as is the ability to easily pull the caller ID for calls in case a call is dropped

Cons

The Max console could use improvement - in a lot of ways it is better than it's predecessor (Thin Agent) but my biggest struggle with it is not being able to easily see what calls are in the queue at a glance. A few of the reporting options could be improved upon as well. Some features are a bit clunky and could use some fine tuning

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you for the constructive feedback. We are happy to hear that the software is working for you and will pass along your feedback about needed improvements to the appropriate teams.

Leonard B.

Nice inContact CXone review

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

The overall experience with NICE has been a positive one. There are multiple items that we love, and then some that could use some work. A benefit is that their engineers actually take feedback and if it makes sense there is a good chance that it will be a future update/improvement to the platform.

Pros

We enjoy the multiple features available with CXOne, such as the forecasting tool, MAX agent.

Cons

The thing we like least about the software is the ability to update on a mass scale. Most areas are on a one agent edit scale. Would be beneficial for example if break schedules could be edited on a weekly level view instead of by day.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for the review Leonard! We'll pass your feedback on to our team.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ruth C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great sales experience versus current support experience

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

We are currently trying to get a toll free number provisioned. I don't understand why our TAM didn't explain that we could get this set up through inContact. Instead she just let us run around without explaining. Also, she's not very proactive.

Pros

Ease of sales and installation
Linkage to SalesForce

Cons

Inconsistent support and follow up: I wish my support technical account manager would be more informative of turnaround timeframes to manage our expectations.

Response from NICE inContact

Hi Ruth, Thank you for your review. We will share your feedback on your experience with our leaders.

Brad D.
Industry: Education Management

InContact review

Reviewed on 27/02/2017

Overall positive experience. We've used InContact for over 5 years now and have been able to grow our business as a result. We were the first to launch the PC dialer and use it extensively every day to increase the amount of outbound call attempts we make on a daily basis. One thing that needs to happen is to find a way to reduce the amount of freezing that occurs within the platform. We experience this about once or twice a month, sometimes for short periods, but sometimes for longer periods of time which can negatively impact production. Also, continue to enhance the custom report tool. It's getting better with each release, but still has some room to improve.

Pros

Ease of use when it comes to skill buildouts, edits. Priority blending works well and helps us prioritize calls to out agents. PC dialer works well and eliminates that "pause" when a call is launched to one of our students

Cons

Freezing of the platform on occasion. Need ability to create agent profiles where you can add skills to a profile instead of adding skills to multiple agents. Too much time involved

Jonathan H.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Overall great software solution for IVR and autodialer

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Overall good, solution is reliable with a few minor glitches that mostly impacted us when a system update was pushed.

Pros

Enjoyed most the ability to access this solution remotely

Cons

Inability to customize on the fly - most of our script changes required professional services

Response from NICE inContact

Hello Jonathan. We're glad to hear your comments. Thanks for reviewing us!

Justin B.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Best in Breed

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

I'm a contact center executive who specializes in technology solutions. I've researched, compared, selected, and implemented both cloud and on-premise solutions ranging from under 20 seats in a single location to over 1,000 multi-lingual seats located across multiple centers and in multiple countries.

Pros

Rock solid infrastructure and up-time delivery.
Robust feature set with endless customization options.
Seamless scalability both up and down in the cloud.
Speed of implementation.
Community driven learning centers.
Overall flexibility of the platform.
Full redundancy to ensure no call drops even during outages and upgrades.
No in-house experts or external consultants required for administration.
Free updates and upgrades.
APIs for everything!

Cons

Upfront costs for implementation.
Not the cheapest solution.
No premise offering or solution.
Options can be overwhelming.

Alex T.
Industry: Renewables & Environment
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The call center I work at uses inContact for our phone system.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Overall it is a good product and simple to use. Easy to understand with little to no training as long as the person using it understands symbols on most basic office style phones.

Pros

This software is easy to use and straightforward. The way our IT department has it set up is with a extension/addon/plugin that makes it available from within Salesforce. This is great because it means we do not have to switch to another tab or window in order to control the call (i.e hold, answer, hang up, and transfer.) which means less hassle and we are able to help customers much more efficiently.

Cons

There is this strange issue were my inContact window would give alerts about being disconnected from the internet. I sent it to IT who were unable to resolve it and they received word back from inContact that it was not there issue either so it still happens to this day. This was not a huge issue until a recent update removed the OKAY button from these alerts so now I cannot dismiss them and have to wait for them to disappear on their own. This usually only takes under a minute. However while it is on the screen I am unable to do anything in my call which is frustrating.

Kim H.

Enhancing the Experience

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

We are reducing manual time reaching out to customers with updates on orders, back orders and delays. We can send an email or SMS to multiple customers and it frees up my team to assist the voice customers quickly.

Pros

I love the omnichannel routing, it allows us to route the customer experience through the proper channel to get the customer assisted and on their way. We use voice, SMS, chat and emails daily to provide a great customer experience for our customers.

Cons

It's not that I dislike the automation and AI portion, its that we are not currently using it and would love to add AI. We are looking to add AI in 2021,

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your comments, Kim!

Joe G.
Industry: Medical Practice
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

We made the right decision!

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

With NICE inContact, we have been able to effectively support our growing patient population and provide out Support Center Representatives with the tools necessary for them to be successful.

Pros

The CXone platform provides us with everything we need to manage our Patient Support Center

Cons

If there was one improvement I would suggest, it would be with their Real Time Dashboards.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for a great review, Joe!

Cecelia G.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Record employees for training purpose and performance. Able to find call recordings when complaints

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

You can use the system for performance and customer complaints.

Pros

Able to use the call recording system to train employee(s) on quality calls to the homeowner. I was also able to find calls when the customer would call and compliant about the employee. It is a GREAT back up system for complaints, you can call the customer back and tell them you listen to the call and the situation did not happen or it did happen. Use the call recording for performance issues with a employee. You can also let the employee listen to the call and rate it and have discussion of their findings on the call. Good training tool.

Cons

When the system was down and you could not record a call that was necessary to go over with your employee.

Milos G.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great product

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Pros

Versatility, Ease of use, great customer support

Cons

We had some browser incompatibilities at the start and calls being dropped - it was resolved in an appropriate time though

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks so much, Milos!

Austin B.
Industry: Insurance

inContact Review

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

I think it's been beneficial to our process. Having call recording easily accessible has been helpful countless times. I also like that I can view my team online and see how their time is being utilized.

Pros

I like that the software is web based and can be used from any device with web access. Especially in this time when we are all working remotely and needing additional flexibility in to access our work tools.

Cons

I do feel like the software has been a smooth integration into our business processes. I do wish custom reporting was easier to navigate, but there could also be a user knowledge gap on my part as well.

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you, Austin. We'll pass your comments about reporting on to the product team.

Rick H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great features and support

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Overall it has been a stable well though out Omni Channel platform run but people who have knowledge and really care about customers.

Pros

Well thought out and designated platform. Highly reliable. Feature rich. Best support staff in the industry. Our Technical Account Manager Rep is one of the best in the business.

Cons

The soft-phone licensing was a pain but it has now been eliminated and it has been replaced with a WEBRTC integrated phone.

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you, Rick! We strive to be reliable and are happy we are meeting your expectations.

Carmen A.
Industry: Consumer Services

"Provides all Call Center Needs in one place"

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

The ease of use is fantastic. The layout is nice and clean. Overall I believe its an essential tool to run a call center and manage employees.

Pros

NICE inContact, Provides all the needs to run and manage a call center in one application. The reporting is detailed and accurate. You can schedule certain reports to run and send to the team daily, weekly and monthly. You can watch and manage your entire team from the customizable Dash.

Cons

At times it can log you out if you have multiple tabs open and are inactive on one too long.

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear that managing your team and running reports is easier with our software.

Mohit T.
Industry: Computer Software

CXOne : Ease of configurations . Highly customization . Speedy Deployment

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

Using for omnichannel support

Pros

Highly customization . Can do changes on the fly without downtime.

Cons

Take some time to learn . Need basic programming knowledge

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Mohit! We appreciate it!

Balaji B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

The Tech and the Last mile

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Maintaining a 24/7 Help desk for our organization

Pros

The features and functionality are thought out.
The amount of documentation they have available is very good
Flexibility in Scripting and its implementation in the real world is well done.

Cons

You should really push a Power BI based reporting engine for customers. We have developed one for ourselves in our company.
The scripting UI feels like still left in the previous century. Both the look and feel and usability. For e.g. to connect two objects you need PERFECTLY click on the arrow and drop on the other. And there is more!

Orville M.

Director, Customer Service

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Pros

Robust analytics capabilities. Integration is relatively easy, this is good from an engineering resource perspective. Good customer insights to make timely decisions on the fly.

Cons

Not as intuitive as some would like. Reporting could be easier in some situations.

Response from NICE inContact

Great feedback! We will share your comments with our team! Thank you!

Lee N.

Not enough Functionality or Support

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

We use NICE inContact but I don't know what CXone is.

Pros

1) Reliability 2) Plays okay with Salesforce

Cons

No callback functionality, call recording is dismal (there is no way to identify who the caller is), no Chat functionality, reporting is not great. Biggest deficit is lack of calls integrating into salesforce.

Response from NICE inContact

Lee, thank you for your review. If you have a chance to attend our user conference in the spring, Interactions, there are usually good training sessions for scripting. It might be beneficial for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Richard R.
Industry: Banking

Less on-site equipment a real value for the money. All software updates are included with the monthly fee's.

Reviewed on 13/12/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I must say the inContact support personnel that I have worked with are Professional and very Pleasant to work with. I have been building Call Centers since technology grew to the point you could successfully build Mega Centers. I have Managed Call Centers from 50 CSR's to 1200 and inContact allows me to Manage the complete site with much less on-site support people and less DBA's to work in the back ground. I Love this product and would recommend it to anyone that wants a Professional managed Call Center.

Pros

Easy scripting and functionality built in and easy to change in the event the business changes. To Administer the inContact platform you must have IT and Telephony experience. The system is designed to put more control directly in the hands of the Managers and Supervisors. With very little training the Management staff can manage the business and get detailed reports in a matter of minutes.

Mike D.

Not bad at all

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Overall experience is great. Responsiveness is high and communication is high.

Pros

It's simple to learn. Compatibility was high so didn't run into any issues there.

Cons

The UI could make better use of the web space available. Making everything look like a form makes it seem nice, but it's really not. It makes it have a vertical profile instead of horizontal like a pc monitor does.

Response from NICE inContact

Hi Mike, Thank you for your comments about the user experience. We appreciate your specific thoughts for improvement.