BQE Core Suite

Time & Billing | Project Management | Accounting

4.4 /5 (466 reviews) Write a Review!

Robert c. M.

• Customer Support Software

Valuable software for billing at a law firm

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Bill quick is a perfect solution to create invoices and be able to bill many different attorneys on different projects.

Pros

The ability to customize many of its features is great. You can setup and keep track of time associated
with various cases, clients, projects. There are so many reports that you can run to keep track of your spending. Able to export invoices to LEDES format. Able to import time from excel spreadsheet.

Cons

It takes some time to learn the software, the tech support team was great in getting me up and running. If you want additional reports they have a custom report group but their cost is a bit high to modify reports. It looks a bit complicated but actually it is easy to use.

Cathy F.

• Customer Support Software

CORE has given our principals and project managers more access to real time data

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

As we continue to get more proficient navigating CORE, it has given our principals and project managers more access to real time data reducing the potential for errors in reporting and data transfer in multiple areas to better service our valued clients.

Pros

Project management and accounting real time data metrics anytime and almost anywhere through cloud based hosted subscriptions allowing quick response time to our valued clients. CORE has eliminated need for complicated spreadsheets and various other methods of housing project data. Coming from QuickBooks desktop accounting which we have used for almost 19 years, CORE accounting subscription has given us access to company financial data anywhere. We are utilizing Core for time tracking, expense reports, billing, project management and accounting.

Cons

The display as feature needs to be expanded and made specific to invoices and time cards. Core has ePayments for credit card and we are waiting for ACH feature which is going to be there somewhere in August.

Tanya F.

BQE Core - Time and Billing

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Pros

Project and task management along with tracking time on projects

Cons

Our migration didn't go well with QBO so we do double billing. Also, not being able to change an invoice on the fly, have to delete it, change the time and re-run it.

Mark H.

• Customer Support Software

This new year marks one whole year we've been using Core

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

Core has an amazing catalog of built-in reports. One thing we find ourselves often wishing for was a kind of “Quick List” report that would output a list of something, one item per line, single-spaced and nothing else but a clear statement of the search and filtering criteria at the top. Examples include a list of invoices overdue x days, list of current projects, list of deposits, payments, checks, every transaction ever related to a certain project, etc. These lists are handy when reviewing Core data, or bringing a quick list into a meeting, where the entries can be highlighted, color coded, and/or checked off as you go.

Pros

I have to say it has succeeded with flying colors after being bombarded with all kinds of unusual circumstances with hundreds of our architecture projects! Well done!

I'm constantly amazed how well thought-out the original approach was in Core's basic design allowing it to handle all of our client's weird situations, and we're just one of the zillions of other companies using Core who do things so differently than we do.

I say this with a little authority, as well, because I wrote my first program at age 15 in 1968 and I have seen (and suffered) *everything* in all the eras of computing since. Core is badass.

Every system has issues, but it's important we all stop and appreciate the unimaginable amount of work that went into making Core really effective.

No one paid me to say this and I'm not getting any brownie points. I'm saying this because I know intimately what the developers have gone through to make today's Core possible. Whew!

Cons

While Core has one of the best time sheet entry forms around. It would be great to have a more graphical time entry interface such as the kind iOS and Android users are familiar with when using, say, a calendar app, in which they can use a mouse or finger to draw time blocks graphically, then double-click/tap them to set the info for that block.

Barbara W.

• Customer Support Software

We Are All Surprised I Am Writing This Review!

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

I purchased my first licenses of Billquick reluctantly, as an overpriced timesheet management system for my very small business and quickly began fighting to make it meet my partners needs for invoicing our clients. It was not pretty and there were times when we had serious discussions about whether this was the right fit for me. but the BQ team didn't give up and I am glad I did not. One advantage of a rough start was the opportunity to get to know and really appreciate the exceptional quality, skill, and patience of the support team assembled for BQ clients. Over the years, we have struggled and grown and improved our skills and processes together, and that is one of the exceptional things about this software and this company. They really do listen to their users and try to incorporate our priorities and needs into the upgrade process. The program is feature rich, and most companies won't need to use every feature that is available, but there are convenient and graceful ways to make each person's interface efficient, streamlined and comfortable. When the same program is usable for an intern on his first day and our power user when she is invoicing you know it is easy to use. I used to wish Quickbooks would get a better time management and invoicing capability so I could stop buying Billquick, but now I am trying to get rid of Quickbooks! The network versions work well, I can access the program over a VPN, and I have gone months without calls to the Support Team lately. Having grown from 5 to 30 employees since becoming a customer, I have to say, Billquick has been part of our path to success.

Pros

Great ability to customize individual user views, strong client and project tracking functions. Efficient invoicing capabilities with interface with Quickbooks. Consistent updates and improvements to the program. Very strong customer support and help desk.

Cons

I do wish there was a different pricing model that allowed different segmentation of the features, I would like to see stronger payroll/benefits/hr functionality and accounting completed so we can ditch Quickbooks, and my project managers would like additional flexibility in building gantt charts.

Amy K.

• Customer Support Software

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Pros

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm over the past six years! We don't use all of the features that are available but the time tracking, budgeting and invoicing have been incredibly helpful for us. I used to spend a lot of time with spreadsheet updating to get accurate information on where we were in each client's budget and with ArchiOffice this is done for me and it is information I use daily. I especially like how we can see the hours to date as they are entered and how many hours we have exceeded our estimate. This information becomes valuable when we create new proposals. We have a much better handle on exactly what it is taking for us to complete each project so we can forecast with more accuracy.

Also helpful has been the Performance report which gives us a real look at how each project performs financially. I would not go back to doing this all in spreadsheets! ArchiOffice has made my job much easier over the years.

Another thing I appreciate is the project list which saves me from tracking that in another program.

Cons

The only thing that would help us out would be to run ArchiOffice on a Mac platform.

David P.

• Customer Support Software

I highly recommend bqe - Core!

Reviewed on 26/01/2020

I value honesty, and I value those that take ownership. I recommend bqe-CORE. I just designed a ‘custom report’ for our company utilizing the CORE ‘Custom Report’ section. They were great to work with. We are now using ‘my’ Company report starting January 2020. This ‘custom report’ pulls in all our client ‘project data’ real time. It shows what’s important to us…. our project team. We have many concurrent project-phases (hourly or not to exceed contract phases) under the parent project, that start one year and end the next. This custom report is a great tool for us… color coded – RED, showing when over budget (time or ‘not to exceed’ contract fee).

Pros

We transferred 12 years of ‘Project History’ to bqe – CORE effective January 1, 2019. I am the Business Manager and I report directly to the owner of the Company. I keep current the clients we work with…..and all project-phase information for the company , billing – invoicing, using the CORE operating system. As a former Marine Corps officer…. then commercial banker (15 years) I believe that ‘People make the difference’….. not machines. The people at bqe – CORE, particularly the HELP DESK, are all professionals – they know what they are talking about and they care. I highly recommend bqe – CORE!

Cons

I wish there were more built-in invoice/report customization options

Scott K.

• Customer Support Software

The logic/use process seems to flow very well

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

The logic/use process seems to flow very well. The QuickBooks integration is very stable and makes sense once you understand it. The user interface looks nice, is operationally smooth and is very responsive both in design and speed.

Pros

Overall, very good. There was a learning curve, as with all software, but it makes sense once you figure it out. There are lots of connectors/features so knowing what you need is a big part of this. Support has been very good. They methodically think through processes and help with issues, configuration settings, or bugs (which I recently filed and it will already be fixed by the weekend). The software appears to do what I need it do (Project/Time/Expense Management) and may also be our replacement for QuickBooks once we get the processes figured out. The cost seems to be fair and it’s Tiered Usage based on user needs was great and something competitors didn’t offer very well. We look forward to continue to use the product

Cons

Its big and complicated. I would spend time investing in documentation on what things really do for the back-end. For example: The QuickBooks integration is great, but finding out what actually happens is confusing. I had to set up small tests to figure out that “activities” really mean “services” in QuickBooks and you can have select what records have to sync… documentation (very technical) is very good for people like me!

Response from BQE Software

Hi Scott thank you so much for your review of Core, we strive to be cost-effective and provide a sleek user experience.

Carmen F.

• Customer Support Software

So far we have had positive experiences in Core

Reviewed on 08/06/2020

Core has greatly solved our resource allocation, project management and Time & Expense tracking.

Pros

We are getting more and more use out of Core. So far we are just diving in, but it has helped our time tracking and expenses and keep our documents in one place. Allocation and forecasting, project management and time and expense setup are all helpful. We are using our custom report for allocations and it is working well for us.

Cons

Any changes, we pass through ideas and so hopefully they are updated as new features - we would like to know the status of our requests just so we can discuss in our meetings.

Sanda S.

• Customer Support Software

It is easy to invoice projects and for time entry

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

We no longer have to rely on our IT to maintain the software and our servers or worry about the backups. Love the dashboards and overall beautiful looking interface of Core.

Pros

We have been with BQE for 17 years and 3 years back we made a decision to switch to all cloud BQE Core and we love it. This was the best decision! All our employees were onboard without any difficulty as it is very easy to navigate in Core and everything is consistent, with the result there is no learning curve between the screens. We are also experiencing that it is easy to do invoicing and track time in Core. We are taking advantage of some of the advanced features of Core like 'Report Scheduler' that has helped us automate the reporting process. Our clients electronically receive statements and accounts receivable reports resulting in less human involvement in maintaining the cash flow.

Cons

Very early on we were not pleased with updates stepping on our settings but since then it has been rectified.

Faith A.

• Customer Support Software

Switching to Core has been a big improvement

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

The overall experience has been good for the management and our staff. Tech support people are very knowledgeable, professional and patient.

Pros

In our previous software we were not able to run reports that are helpful to our business. After switching to BQE Core we are now able to run all kinds of reports and it has been a big improvement just in this area. We are utilizing Core for time and expense tracking and billing. All our staff use it and with everything in one place it makes data mining easier.

Cons

Some bumps in the road in the very beginning but well past that now.

Michael W.

Consulting Structural Engineering Firm

Reviewed on 09/08/2016

Pros

We previously developed our own billing software using excell spreadsheets. Switching to BillQuick allowed us to automate our billing. We set up our projects (hourly, fixed and fixed not to exceed and phased projects) and our employees directly input their time into the software. Billing is reviewed on screen by the department supervisor and then by the project managers. Invoices are then created and either emailed or mailed to clients based on their preference. The software has allowed us to track project progress and accounts receivable. Statements are very easy to create using the standard reports. We rarely receive complaints or even questions from clients concerning our invoices.

Cons

It would be nice to have reports that we can adjust, however, BillQuick has done an excellent job of preparing our customized reports. We paid to have customized reports for hourly, fixed price and phased invoices which covers 99.9% of our invoices.

Adam G.

Great Software, Top Notch Support

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

We've been using BillQuick since 2008. Prior to that we were using TimeSlips. The transition was a breeze and we have never looked back. We have found BillQuick to be a much more robust program overall, and BQE continues to add new features. The support team is spectacular and well worth the GoldSupport plan. BQE has done a great job when it comes to incorporating our feedback into updates. The program has a decent amount of flexibility, so with a little tweaking and some report customization, most companies should be able to suitably represent the information that is important to them.

Pros

Feature Rich, Customizable User Experience, Excellent Customer Support, Integration; although we're looking forward to the day when BillQuick eliminates our need for QuickBooks altogether. There are reports for everything from Profitability to Fee Schedules to User Permissions.

Cons

It's hard to complain about having so many reports, but despite their volume, at times we find that we need two different reports to show information that could have been incorporated into one. Filtering is easy, but it would be nice to have the ability to add/replace fields.

Kathy M.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

BQE Core was easy to setup for our firm. No extensive training required.

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Overall, we are extremely satisfied with Core. We have easily trained all our staff do time tracking, expense reporting through Core. In my years of service and dealing with many software I have not seen so far yet that comes close to Core’s simplicity and user friendliness.

Pros

Core adapted to our client specific unique billing needs and the way we pay our professionals. With Core we have now easy access to performance of our staff and clients through customizable dashboards and a wide variety of reports. We are also excited to try the CRM features of Core making sure all our business processes from prospects (earning new business) to existing clients are handled in one integrated software. Love the ability to track all time and expenses by jobs.

Cons

CRM is still in beta but we do expect some features in the future to support more fields to map in the import leads area.

Darlene C.

• Customer Support Software

Processing and generating is invoices is extremely easy

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

BQE has been a blessing because it is easy to use. We have access to all the company data from one software which saves us a lot of time.

Pros

After using BQE it has particularly improved the invoicing and payment process. We now have a better system to track unpaid invoices which has resulted in better cashflow for the business. We use the reporting feature very frequently as access to the reports is much easier. The easy layout of the features has allowed to spend less time train our employees and be more focused on the projects.

Cons

This may not be a BQE problem but sometimes I feel the performance issues and that well may be because of the internet speed.

Lynda S.

• Customer Support Software

Core is very user friendly

Reviewed on 08/04/2019

Pros

Core is very user friendly. We used BillQuick for over two years then switched to Core. We find Core much easier to navigate. I only use Time and Billing and again, am very pleased with the program. I learn more about it every time I call Customer Support.

Cons

I think the difficulties I have are related to needing a better understanding of the program. I can’t say I have anything I like least about it except for the speed. I think the slowness is due to our Wi-Fi system.

Response from BQE Software

Lynda, thank you for your review. We are appreciate you continuing to be a part of the BQE Family and glad to hear Core is so easy to use!

Bronwen F.

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Core has many features that are geared to us. We are relatively new to Core, thank goodness for the 24 help , because even with training, there are so many features, it would be impossible to train for everything.

Pros

We are an architecture firm and it is clear Core is geared to us. We are new to Core, so it's hard for me to name features i like most. We definitely see a value and so far we love the time management and ability to have reports automatically delivered by the software

What I love so far is the 24 hour support. The agent we usually speak with has been especially helpful. He is patient and a great teacher. They points out issues/features that I had no idea about. All of them have been extremely helpful.

Cons

I would like to see more free webinars about new features, or tips.

Paul K.

• Customer Support Software

Impossible to track billable hours without it

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Over the period of time the software has improved.

Pros

It works great. It allows me to tailor billing codes - which is very important for tracking time and invoicing. It's easy to export invoices to Ledes 1998 using BQE. Impossible for me to track billable hours without it. It has improved over time. I'm a longtime user. Anytime I need any help with the software and whenever I have contacted BQE custom support team they have been very helpful.

Cons

Improve export features to be sure expense entries are not lost. More room for detailed descriptions of entries.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

JUST DONT!!!!!! Refused to give refund after acknowledging it doesn't work

Reviewed on 28/03/2020

It was the most expensive waste of time I've experienced in a long while. It's right up there with Yelp advertising.

Once you get pay it's over. I determined that this didn't work for me at a bout 2 weeks in. But, I was patient and tried to work through it with them. Roughly a month later, we came to the understanding that it doesn't do what I need, and they can't make it do what I need. (Quickbooks and Method Crm was doing this stuff before)

I asked for a refund or even for the remainder of the year I paid for. I was told they "Don't Do Refunds"

So, They're cool with over-promising, Taking $650, understanding that you're not using the program any longer, and are dissatisfied.

Pretty Lame If You Ask Me

Pros

The Sales guy was really friendly and try to rush me into a holiday sale. I should have known.

Cons

It was promised to be totally customizable to any business. It absolutely was not. I spoke with customer service well over 10 times, probably 20 calls. They could show me how things were set up, but never really able to make it work with my business flow as I had with Quickbooks.

The program was often slow and sluggish between screen changes (I have very fast ethernet connection 250mbps DL speed). Many features were on different screens and made for a lot of loading time between simple tasks. Again....not customizable when I bring it up.

Response from BQE Software

Hi there! We are sorry that you weren't able to use the program as intended. We do offer 15-days free trial and live demos of our product and keep everything transparent to give our customers a chance to review the product before they actually purchase. We have hundreds and thousands of users worldwide who rely on our products each day to successfully run their business.

We are truly sorry to see you go and hopefully you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Jennica P.

We really love it!

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Pros

We like the reporting features and use them often, the rich billing features as well. It has taken us away from using a separate software for managing contacts, which is very helpful. We've also now started looking at performance reports monthly and it's definitely helped with solving some efficiency issues that we experienced before using BQE.

Cons

I'd love to be able to "schedule" individual employees by project. Like a capacity/utilization module or report.

Willie D.

Cannot think of running our business without BQE Core

Reviewed on 24/09/2017

Pros

BQE Core's insightful dashboards and business intelligence tells us exactly how our projects are performing. The fact that I can review this important data from anywhere anytime is a huge benefit. We love the easy of use and the flow of the software.The important KPI's in Core for our projects, clients and staff help us run our business efficiently. Love the mobile phone app!

Cons

We track mileage extensively for our project visits. Mileage tracking on the mobile phone app will complete the app

Phil M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Consultants Use and Experience utilizing BillQuick software products

Reviewed on 05/08/2016

Pros

We needed an integrated billing software that would incorporate our employee daily time accounts into a singular data base that would produce customized invoices to our clients. BillQuick meets this need and has many useful extensions to provide extended data requested by our clients regarding our services and costs.

Cons

We have a long term relationship with BillQuick and would not have done so if we had negative issues with the company support or product. Like any new highly functional software, there is a learning curve to effective use, so be prepared to invest some time and learn your way around in BillQuick. The support has been superior in helping us and we now seldomly need to request assistance.

John F.

• Customer Support Software

Time and expense product for everyone

Reviewed on 20/07/2016

The product is extremely user friendly. Employees, young and senior age, have no problem using the product to accomplish their daily activities. BillQuick conducts, at no cost, frequent training sessions where participants are encouraged to learn time saving ways to use applications. Employees in their tech department have a deep knowledge of the software. Their goal is to assist in what you want the application do. Tell the tech people what you want and they will get it done. "No problem" is their attitude. BillQuick has the best product at an economical price that I have found.

Cons

As you can tell, I like the product. BillQuick offers service/application discounts, usually for a very limited time period. Possibly these marketing efforts can be extended of existing and tech agreements users for a longer time period. It is usually easier and less expensive to sell more to an existing customer base.

Response from BQE Software

Thank you, John!

Bryan Z.

Archioffice Review as an Architect who does the billings

Reviewed on 25/07/2016

Pros

I like the ease of use, i am an architect, not a financial type, i understand this product and am able to use it effectively.
It has helped us control our billings and receiveables.
I also really like the customer support, Alan Schlieper, is very good at working with me in any issues that come up.
I tried to mark a 10 in the ratings below, but the survey would not allow. He is that good!

Cons

I wish i could better utilize all of the services the product offers, but we are a bit entrenched in our own processes.

Denise B.

Customer Service Technical Support

Reviewed on 24/08/2016

Pros

I have had to contact customer service - technical support at certain times, and each time I have happened to have Diego Carrillo assist me with my questions. His professionalism and expertise has always been above and beyond. He has always been so accommodating to assist my concern or questions. I always leave with more knowledge regarding Bill Quick. He displays excellence in his field and the vendor/software is superb.

Cons

I am simply very happy with Bill Quick. I really have not had an issues with the product. It has suited our needs for our office. I enjoy working with this program/software and continue to learn each day. Simply the best product for our office.