Sage HR

Manage and engage your workforce wherever they are

4.4 /5 (287 reviews) Write a Review!

Sarath R.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

I loved cakeHR and User friendly app

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Pros

CakeHR app easy track maintenance college,school and employees details and easy to set up
Convenient dashboard

Cons

Easy to understand and good features
mobiles app is available
Overall it is good compare to other tools

Response from HR Bakery

Thank you, Sarath, for your positive and encouraging feedback :)

CakeHR review

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

The best value for money, where HR processes get automated very quickly and user friendly.

Pros

It is very adjustable, features are updated each week with increasing functionality, accessible customer support, very friendly pricing.

Cons

Bugs. With such a speed in new releases it is almost inevitable that bugs pop up.
New customer onboarding could be improved with clear guidelines.
Knowledge base with instructions of use could be more informative.
System could offer basic templates for all modules (survey, onboarding, offboarding etc)

Response from HR Bakery

Hello,

We very much appreciate your feedback!
I am sure you have also noticed how fast our developers fix a bug if one occurs :) As for the onboarding, I would be very grateful if you can contact me directly and share what can be improved, what information or steps you felt were missing during your onboarding process.
Unfortunately, I can not guarantee that we will have templates for surveys available any time soon, due to the reason that different companies have different needs, therefore we try to keep all the features fully customizable. We are always giving as many examples as possible during the onboarding process, however, if you feel some additional information is needed, do not hesitate to contact us through the chatbox that is available on your desktop and app. What I can promise is that we will have our knowledge base updated any time soon, meanwhile, as I have already mentioned, please use the chatbox, we are always here and happy to help!

Sarah S.

Piece of Cake!

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Recently, we became aware that CakeHR offers time tracking. We had previously been using spreadsheets to keep track of hourly employees, which was at times difficult to use and run reporting on. Time tracking in CakeHR allowed us to make it easier for our hourly employees to clock in and out in a system that they were already familiar with, and the payroll reporting aspect is much easier as well.

Pros

I love the ease of use CakeHR offers. It is very intuitive, easy to read (I love the appearance!) and easy to train new employees on. It is also very simple to use the CakeHR API to integrate with other software we use as an organization.

Cons

I have no complaints with CakeHR. Everything is great!

Response from HR Bakery

Dear Sarah,

Such comments makes us feel that we're moving in the right direction. :) We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and please let us know if we can help in any way in the future.

Thanks again!

Amanda L.

• Customer Support Software

CakeHR make PTO sweet and simple

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Working with CakeHR has been a dream! There interface is incredibly user-friendly and makes managing our PTO policies a breeze. Managers love being able to accept/deny requests directly via the email notifications, and our employees love having quick access to submit time on the mobile app.

CakeHR is well thought out and designed, but our company has a few needs that CAKE does not directly meet. However, their support team is absolutely tremendous! They respond very quickly despite the time zone difference, they are always asking and open to our requests for features, and they immediately jump on any issues we encounter and resolve them with flying colors!

Finally, we love the integrations with other apps and our IT guys love being able to use their API to sync employee data to our internal company pages, simplifying PTO for our employees even more.

Pros

Credit/debit of days
Set auto increase of allotment based on employee hire date
Documents Section to store all our onboarding/benefits info
Being able to edit/enter time off that has occurred in the past

Cons

Would like to see more detailed customization such as:
View my PTO balance as days remaining for year vs. days accrued thus far
For PTO less than a full day, it would be nice to enter the exact time the employee wiht be out of the office.
More control over notifications for Admin level users.

Response from HR Bakery

Hi Amanda!

Many thanks for your honest review :)
We're about to release an employee Scheduling feature that will allow all employees to see full attendance lists of employees.

I'll make sure your introduced and set up for this module!

Will B.

Great PTO Scheduling & Tracking

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Being able to submit a request for time off easily from my phone through the app, have it notify the correct people within our organization to give approval, and then notifying me when the approval is made has greatly simplified PTO tracking for me. I can easily how much time I’ve used, how much I have left, and view a calendar with my scheduled time off as well as others within my team. CakeHR has many other features that I don’t personally use but could see being very useful to others.

Pros

CakeHR lets me to submit requests for vacations, be notified when they’re approved, as well as see when others on my team will be out making it easier to plan for time off.

Cons

The web interface was a little messy but they’ve mostly fixed this now and cleaned it up. I usually use the mobile app anyway which has always had a clean interface.

Response from HR Bakery

Dear Will,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. We are happy to hear that CakeHR makes your daily routine a little bit easier. Just wanted to point out that there is possibility to organize your dashboard, enable/disable or customize some of the fields the way it addresses your needs.

I would love to schedule a quick call to discuss some hints & tips - let's stay in touch :)

Andrea S.

CakeHR works for Early Education

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

This has created a smooth way to communicate with staff about their work/life balance and we use it for both 8 hr day shifts and 10 hr days too.

Pros

I like that my staff can see who else is requesting time off, so they can work as a team. Our workspace requires that no more than 1 person can be off at one time (due to ratio) so this feature is great. The customer service is outstanding and fast! Love the chat room.

Cons

That when a new staff joins, the future black out days need to be "re-checked" for the new employees and this can lead to mistakes/misunderstandings since the code "blackout" wont' read correctly for them.

Response from HR Bakery

Dear Andrea,

Great to know that CakeHR made it easier to focus on work-life balance, something very encouraging to hear :)
I'll look into this matter and will get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.

Ross V.

• Customer Support Software

Great product for anything HR related

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

Overall great product which simplifies HR processes within the organisation.

Pros

The versatility of the product is great, from quarterly reviews, asset tracking, leave management and more.
We deployed this at a client that was looking for a hosted HR product and CakeHR was the perfect fit.

Cons

More flexibility on leave setups would be good, like the ability to have certain leave days renew every 3 years and expire.

Response from HR Bakery

Dear Ross,

Thank you very much for your time and review! Do not hesitate to contact me directly to share any additional ideas, suggestions, your feedback really matters :)

Alina S.

• Customer Support Software

CakeHR is pleasant and hopefully it will be developed further.

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

ToDo -lists and deadlines (e.g. Onboarding and offboarding activities are now under control.)
Directories and archives (e.g. company assets and documentation)

Pros

I like especially the look and feel of the software and that it works quite intuitively. Also, the dashboards are great.

Cons

It would be great if one could configurate it a little bit more. For example the holiday practices. And the user rights, e.g. so that all users could see each others' work contact details.
Also, it would be great to have a personal training section for each member of the personnel.

Response from HR Bakery

Thanks, Alina!

We're currently building a training section of CakeHR so you can keep track of certificates, documents and much more year on year!

Using the Android or iOS mobile app for CakeHR, your employees can view the company's directory along with employee work contact information.

Mark T.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

An invaluable tool for our business!

Reviewed on 20/01/2017

CakeHR allows us to ensure that our staff make the most of their holiday entitlement, track their achievement and manage to run a progressive, agile company without the need for a dedicated HR member of staff.

Pros

Easy to use, great to navigate.

Cons

Historical data is more manual to access than current data.

Response from HR Bakery

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the feedback! We're going to be enhancing how CakeHR reports on historical data very shortly :)
It will be a breeze to get those end of year reports that were missed off!

Denee B.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

• Customer Support Software

CakeHR use for non-profit organization

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

It is tracking leave for 40+ employees at our non-profit organization.

Pros

CakeHR is easy to use, with little to no training necessary. It is accessible online, through app, email, etc. It keeps a detailed track of leave.

Cons

I have not found any cons at this point.

Response from HR Bakery

Dear Denee,

We are very glad to receive your review, it's nice to hear you are happy with your experience :)

Ebin E.
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

One of the best HR management solution on the market

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

We can now manage our employee details in a single click and though a dedicated mobile app.

Pros

Cake HR is the best tool to manage the employees and their day to day data. We use Cake HR to get employee attendance and to have their pay slips ready at the time of salary dispersal. HR application that has all the needy features can be seen only on Cake HR. The most impressive feature we have seen and used is the automatic salary form generation so that we don't want to manually create the salary form to be filled by the employee.

Cons

The salary slip generation is a bit slow and takes a lot of time on mobile app, please have a look on it.

Cake HR

Reviewed on 05/08/2015

Cake HR has been a huge help streamilining the PTO system at our preschool. We have around 17 teachers and the transparency of who is off and when they are off, makes my jobs easier. Teachers can see what dates are available and what are not, so I don't always have to be the bad guy!

Pros

I really like the calendar and the upcoming two weeks schedule. I am in charge of scheduling employees and I try to do the schedule in two week clips, so it is an easy way to see who is off. I also appreciate that keeps a record of people's use of PTO. So I can look back over the past year and see the dates and reasons people have taken off.

Cons

It would be helpful to get reminders when people are close to having used all of their PTO, instead of having to through each employee and check. I would like to be able to set an automatic "roll over" to the next year, since we allow three days to roll over.

Response from HR Bakery, Ltd

Thank you! Great points.
One main feature we will be rolling out within weeks is a customisable alert system that you can make to your requirements. Great idea to use it for tracking PTO usage.
We already have the ability to carry over dates from the previous period or year.

Email [email protected] and he shall set that up for you!

Damilola M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

CakeHR Review

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Pros

CakeHR software design is simple and user friendly, the tool is very useful for organization set up it helps to know who is off duty and reason they're off duty. Their well designed mobile app makes the software more easier to use. Their customer support response rate is great.

Cons

Uploading document can not be segmented to some specific member of the team, the document will be sent to the whole team, unless the document is uploaded individually and this can be so stressful to do. CakeHR needs to improve their service feature in order to perform advanced functions.

Response from HR Bakery

Hello Damilola,

Thanks for leaving a review, and mentioning our support team, they always try to go above and beyond!
A solution to the mentioned issue is just a few clicks away, please contact me directly so I can give you more details. I will make sure the process of adding documents will be less stressful for you :)

Shoaib S.

• Customer Support Software

Stop Looking, this is it.

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

I initially started out looking for only leave management, but since using CakeHR i've used it for Scheduling Trainings, Generating Custom Company Reports, Managing and tracking Assets and many more.

The leave management solution by itself is loaded with features and can be custom tailored as per your needs. Love it!

Pros

Very User friendly, and its highly customizable.
The support is always there to help you either through live chat or you can book a call. They always come back with an answer.
Its always improving with users putting in their input and if the feedback makes sense, it gets integrated for everyone to benefit.

Cons

Due to high volume of feedback, you might have to wait until an issue gets resolved. But what matters is that they do resolve it.

Response from HR Bakery

Dear Shoaib,

Reading this review made my day! :) I'm glad that we've been able to add value to your company.

Alexandre B.

Very functional

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

The time off functionality is reliable and well built. I don't find that there is many product updates, which would be nice, but the value for money overall is good, and I would recommend.

Pros

Provide a good snapshot of the company's activity
Allow the essentials to happen

Cons

The actual visual interface
It misses, in my opinion, some more ''Fancy'' features that would be nice to have

Response from HR Bakery

Hi Alexandre, thank you for your feedback, this is much appreciated!
We release new product updates each week, you can check them out from your CakeHR dashboard.
I would love to schedule a quick call with you or discuss your ideas further - let's stay in touch :)

Thanks
Ilona

Josefina V.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent application for time measurement and human resources functions

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Pros

This tool allows to register employees in a database and optimize the vacation time and days of absence from work. It notifies you if an employee needs a free day or your vacation, very easy to use, good interface

Cons

In the time that we have used it, it has given us many benefits in the part of human resources, therefore I have no complaints until now that something is going wrong, we like it

Janis R.

Vacation requests from paper to digital in 30min

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Pros

My biggest pain as CEO was to manage vacation and time-off requests by employees in an old fashioned parper, email, chat form. Now I just get a notification from Cake, that somebody wants to take time off and I just click confirm. Time saver, big time!

Cons

I want to still try out the new conditional tasks feature in Cake. Previously assigning tasks for employee onboarding was a bit messy.

Patricia R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Cake HR user for 5+ years

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Please with overall experience. We know who is present or absent at all times

Pros

Constantly upgrading to meet customer needs. Challenges we experienced 6 years ago have been satisfactorily rectified. A plus that employees can start the process by submitting their requests for the administrator to approve or otherwise..

Cons

Navigation is a bit cumbersome for a first time user. Satisfied overall

Response from HR Bakery

Dear Patricia,

Thank you very much for your review!
We can promise that we won't stop and will keep striving to deliver better functionality and value.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great HR software!

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

For a smaller business this is definitely a life saver.

Pros

CakeHR is really easy to use, has key features and the support is amazing. Booking time off is simple and we can keep track of all leaves to make sure no gaps occur. It's worth every penny- a really financially comfortable software for smaller companies, that usually have less useful options.

Cons

A few improvements based on our experience: changing file names would be a great addition, a reminder function that can be customized, more options for data to be included for each employee.

Fabio M.

use of cake for Italian SMB

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Pros

easy to use, clear, good capabilities of customization, cheap

Cons

absence of renewable monthly policies, limited configuration for carryovers

Response from HR Bakery

Hello Fabio, thanks so much for leaving the feedback :) I would love to have a further chat with you to review your policy settings as well as customising carryovers. I am confident we are able to find a best solution for your Leave Management requirements :)

Thanks
Ilona

Anna R.

Cake HR Review

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Helped us a lot, but I think there are some parts that need to be improved.

Pros

Customer service, because they are very quick, kind and helpful. Always looking for a solution.
The dashboard is very good, collects all the useful data.

Cons

Settings, for me it is confusing where and how to add e.g. vacation related stuff. Not userfriendly enough, but maybe it's just me.
Also the documents part, I'd be happy if we could create more folders, better folder structure.
And the timesheet report, I would be happy of some changes.

Songyi K.

Great customer support

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Pros

I have been using CakeHR for about a year and I'm really happy with overall service.
Especially customer support team are very quick and effective!
functions are simple and straight forward.

Cons

I can't think of any!
Keep up the good work!

Response from HR Bakery

Thank you for the kind words, Songyi!

We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Thanks for the awesome review!

Soha J.

• Customer Support Software

It`s a useful tool helps our company to master out HR issues.

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Be well organized

Pros

It is very easy to use, and really a value added to our company that helps us to arrange internally.

Cons

I don't see that there is one point you should focus on it, but everything in technology has to be better over time,

Response from HR Bakery

"everything in technology has to be better over time" - we agree! Based on the feedback, we're constantly improving UI, UX and features.

I'm really happy you find CakeHR easy to use and that our solution adds value to Chesstag!

Essential and Practical HRM System

Reviewed on 12/05/2018

Pros

We initially did our HR functions manually until our management introduced CakeHR. It is great because as an employee, I am able to apply for leaves online and track my leave balances. The system has introduced automation and efficiency in the HR functions.

Cons

From an employee perspective that interacts with cakeHR, I have not had any major disadvantages to report. It has worked great so far

Sally B.

CakeHR

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

I like that it is relatively easy to use, employees can easily request time off. We were able to put in our accrued PTO and floating holidays and it allows for carry over.

Cons

Sometimes it is not straightforward on where to find different features. It is a little confusing when it shows employees their pto. Still not always sure how much they have to use. I would prefer if you could show hours instead of days some times.