Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

Rich
Rich

Great CRM for Most Businesses. However, Know Your Requirements

Reviewed on 25/12/2023

Pros

This CRM integrates with most systems. You will find that the data schema fits that of most peripheral software with which it integrates. Admins can customize and build Objects, Fields, Reports, and Apps to suit business needs.

Cons

Salesforce does not directly support the product. The support and implementation comes from 3rd-party provides which can lead to high costs. Also, the integration between Salesforce and Constant Contact has been a known issue for months without resolution.

• Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Useful as a CRM and much more

Reviewed on 30/12/2023

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, it is the most valuable tool in what concerns CRM.
As a ticketing system, it is neat and quite intuitive - most of it is automatic, according to your settings.
All the functionalities (send emails, leave comments, store contacts and more) are there. It might include a chat functionality that if automatized, can make your customers in touch with you in some clicks.
As a knowledge base it is complete, everything that happens on Salesforce remains there for everyone to consult - not only articles but also past tickets

Cons

Getting the hang of it , especially for new users can be not exactly beginner friendly.
As a CRM it stores all data: this means that if you are looking for something specific without choosing carefully your searchwords, you might get too many results to manually look through - even if they are organised by typology.

Michael
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Love it!! Check it out

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

Pros

If you haven’t tried it you are missing out.

Cons

N/a I would do it again. Love it. Not much bad to review.

Erik

• Customer Support Software

Lead brand in CRM and growing rapidly..

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

The system is great and the out of the box features of the Campaign object is great.

Pros

Easy to configurate without the need to learn code or hire consultancy.

Cons

Focussed on the use of leads while a non-profit mainly uses contacts.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Less dependent on expensive consultancy.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Trailhead is a great free learning platform available for users/admins which makes it easy for user acceptance.
Ibrahim
Ibrahim
  • Industry: Banking

Startups must go to app

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

My overall experience is great and I think it’s now part of my startup and a success partner with me and I don’t think I’ll ever stop using it as long as I’m growing my startup

Pros

Salesforce is basically the best app for startups and companies in general.
I’m currently working on my startup and I’m using Salesforce on a daily basis in deployments, generating leeds and business growth and it’s saving me lots of time that could have been wasted without salesforce

Cons

I sometimes feel lost searching for something I want but the program tutorial can help you find it easily

• Industry: Insurance Software

A simple and Reliable CRM Solution

Reviewed on 14/01/2024

The Salesforce Sales Cloud come with both web and cloud that offers some amazing feature like to generate leads, interact with customer via chat, emails, call in software itself. Dashboard is fully automated which help real time data quickly and more accurately.

Pros

Salesforce Sales provies the great Dashboard and Customizer for User. Its offer some most usefull feature like track leads and forcast revenues. It provides ticketing system which is quite intuitive and make most of task automatic and save for future use. Also it has chat functionality that make sure our customer should in touch for any updates.

Cons

Sometimes the reminders of call failed to operate correctly and leads remained in pipeline. Product documentation should improve and updates on time because in most of case need to connect with Support team which is much time consuming. The Pricing is high compared to other alternatives in market.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Clean and Easy to Use CRM for Financial Professionals

Reviewed on 10/02/2024

Excellent, allows me to keep my business organized and compliant.

Excellent, allows me to keep my business organized and compliant.

Pros

Organization and ease of administration and note taking.

Cons

Could be more features and some email features unavailable.

• Customer Support Software

Efficient and easy to use

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

I personally enjoy using salesforce on a daily basis.

I personally enjoy using salesforce on a daily basis.

Pros

How simple it is to understand and the functions are easy to use.

Cons

The features can be more user friendly in my opinion.

Juan
Juan
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Boosting my Business Success

Reviewed on 18/01/2024

One of the most valuable features has been its focus on data-driven sales. This has allowed my team to access crucial information in real time, which has improved our ability to quickly respond to market trends and customer needs. The customization and adaptability of the platform have also been highlights, allowing me to adjust the tools and processes to the specific needs of my business.

Pros

What I liked most about this platform is its incredible ability to boost productivity in the sales process. The focus on data-driven sales has allowed me to gain valuable insights, resulting in more informed and strategic decisions. This has been a key factor in increasing the effectiveness of my sales team.

Cons

Customization, while a great benefit, can be overwhelming at first, especially for users who don't have prior technical experience. At times, I felt the need to seek additional support or resources to configure and optimize the system according to my company's needs.

Peejay
Peejay

The best of all CRM's

Reviewed on 17/01/2024

Pros

I like that it can be integrated with our current software - Salesloft

Cons

I do not see any negative features in 7months that I have been using it.

Blake
Blake
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Industry Leading for a Reason

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Once set up and you actually learn how to use it, this is great software and leads the CRM industry for a reason. We have been able to improve prospecting and customer retention by double digit percentages since implementing salesforce.com.

Pros

The integrations are truly outstanding. Simple integrations with almost every piece of software you can imagine. The fact that we can send out emails and see which of the current prospects in our pipeline read it is truly outstanding.

Cons

Steep learning curve! Salesforce is not easy to use immediately, nor set up. It's best to have somebody in your organization be the, "Salesforce Champion."

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Needed more robust integrations and the next level of product. Our org had outgrown Highrise and it was time to move on.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reputation, support, and ultimately the integrations and what we could do with the aggregated data.
Arlene
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Industry Standard

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

I have tried other tools, including Hubspot to use as a CRM and nothing compares to the functionality and reporting you receive from SFDC.

Pros

It is a great tool to track and analyze all sales and marketing data. It has plenty of customization and integrations available.

Cons

SFDC has a mind of its own, you need to know what you are doing if you are an administrator, however that doesn't mean you can't learn. Currently, not all functionality is available in Lightnighting (we use lightning and I keep being sent back to classic to fix some stuff).

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Hubspot was okay at best, but didn't track nor show data as effectively nor efficiently as we needed.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I have used SFDC for years now, and have yet to encounter a product that is as useful, organized, and effective as Salesforce.com is.
Ian

• Customer Support Software

Proof that the "User" isn't always the "Customer"

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We leverage Salesforce as the primary CRM for our enterprise business. We are also users of The Salesforce Support Cloud, as we transitioned over when they purchased Desk.com. As stated above, Salesforce gives users reliable access to customer data and reporting functions. But, every deviation from the current configuration invariable involves a headache and much too often involves a developer.

Pros

Salesforce, by virtue of its unassailable spot atop the CRM landscape, can pretty much do anything. I know this intuitively because I have seen the Salesforce app marketplace, the entire cottage industry of firms building out customer Salesforce implementations, and the massive number of nested menu options within the admin/configuration panels that exist behind what the typical user sees. "How" to leverage its vast potential for customization is where things get challenging.

Cons

As I noted above, Salesforce makes everything possible... but it doesn't make anything easy. Every time I set out to accomplish something new in Salesforce, I am expecting to pay out in one of three currencies excepted on the platform: cash, developer expertise or soul-crushing frustration. It is not unusual for a support article to jump from basic "click here" interface instructions to "configure your DNS this way"-type admin instructions to "download our java console applet and implement this code" from your local machine." This total disregard for how the platform feels to the actual humans that use it is reflected at every level. There is a reason the Salesforce UX is one of the go-to examples of why UX might not matter as much as we're told it should: The people suffering under Salesforce are often not the C-Suite people paying for Salesforce, and product decisions reflect this in every way imaginable.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce's larger app ecosystem (both 1st party and 3rd party) can be attractive to a business looking to scale. In theory, they offer integrated products capable of running most of the functions of a business (sales, support, marketing, accounting, analysis/strategy). That is a great pitch to a company figuring out how to grow effectively without tying up key internal resources. In my experience, however, the juice is often not worth the squeeze with Salesforce.
Brent W
Brent W

• Customer Support Software

Greats software for CRM but expensive and hard to impliment

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

My overall experience was frustrating and the lack of support only clouded the quality of the product. When we ask for support we were told we had to go to a third party to get any help on our implementation. This was not clearly communicated when we were sold the software.

Pros

Saleforce is the standard for the industry and has a price tag to match. When we implements Sales force we had 2 sales people and 6 PM’s that used it. The customization and automation where fantastic features and of great benefit. The sales to customer success migration was also a valuable feature for us.

Cons

The software was expensive and the sales person made licensing sales complicated and confusing. Once we were sold on the software our sales person disappeared and we had another rep who basically said deal with what you have. We wanted to change our model around but at the time Salesforce did not let us do this. We let the license expire and moved to another product

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We wanted a more professional solution that would help both sales but also customer success

HubSpot Marketing Hub

The customization
Ryan
  • Industry: Machinery

Big Name Big Deal

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

I once was a raving salesforce fan. That ship sailed. I am no longer much of a fan. The product has gotten too complicated for smaller business units. They don't need all the features. They don't need the price. The monthly cost is one thing. The set up and integration costs are huge. Can't bring myself to spend the money for that when other options are more than viable and more than competitively priced.

Pros

I've been a salesforce administrator 3 times. At one of the companies we integrated nearly everything into salesforce. The joke was the janitor couldn't take out the trash without a salesforce entry.

It does some things well. But, over the years it has become too bloated. Small companies just don't need all the functionality and costs.

Cons

The cost has gotten too high. There are competitors on the market that do it very well for a lot less. Programming used to be pretty easy. That has gotten more difficult over the years. To the point where I am no longer a fan. I am a firm believer in CRM. I built my first CRM from scratch in 1988. There was no shrink wrap back then. But the program has gotten bloated and suffers from mission creep.

Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Chemicals

Essential and Powerfull syste - If you can afford it

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

it has been positive. We started with nothing so it's a large change managment component. But i feel it will make a large positive impact on our sales and customer service teams. We are integrating it with other systems (workflow, ERP) to get as much information in one place for our sales teams to be more efficient. There is so much powerful functionality it's taking time to bed everything down but it's a positive step for my company.

Pros

The customisation is incredible. You can change, add, update, reconfigure basically everything. There are so many standard objetcs to play witha nd then you can create brand new ones to fit your requirments. The possibilites are endless. It also has, hands down, the best online system training i have ever seen. Trailhead allows you to pick an area of interest, learn as you go, put your training into practical use in a dedicated salesforce org and then automated testing of what you have completed. Truly world class.

Cons

The possibilities are endless, dauntingly so. The intial configuration is time consuming and there is a lot of knowledge required to get the setup right. Doing it without a trusted 3rd partner is very difficult. It is also expesnive of course but really it's in the "you get what you pay for" category.

Dynamics 365 and SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

SugarCRM didn't fit with our integration strategy and we really looked at best in class. With Dynamics i had a strangely difficult time to actually engage with someone to properly look at the system whih i found dissapointing so i did my own research and pumped for Salesforce.
Audrey
Audrey

• Customer Support Software

The robust and efficient database facilitates contact with customers

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

I really appreciate how flexible the system is, as each of our business segments has very specific needs. By deploying our Salesforce administrators and developers on every project, we can provide value to every sales team.

Pros

The dashboard is my favorite part of Salesforce Sales Cloud. Its cheery hue helped us forget about the quotas we were supposed to meet. I can also attest to its ease of usage. I was concerned that there would be a lot of fields to fill out, but the system's auto-population feature quickly put my mind at ease.

Cons

I wouldn't call it a complaint because every system has its quirks, but Salesforce's slow performance is occasionally frustrating. Given the limitations of our network and the sheer quantity of people using the internet, I suppose it is to be expected.

SalesForce + Pardot = Winning Team

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

My current company had been using Constant Contact before I arrived, and it was poorly managed... a huge mess, even... partially due to the staff being unable to coordinate, and partially because the software was a bit clunky. I was brought on during the SalesForce onboarding process, and 36 months later, with very little management efforts from our marketing/BD staff, our data is standardized, uniform, and easily accessible. Emails are scheduled to go out once a week, months in advance, based on templates first developed by our onboarding process, and we have been able to shift our marketing staff to more analytical projects that have given us the edge we needed to be on track to make our profit-sharing bonus numbers for the first time in years.

Pros

The ability to customize really makes SalesForce its own beast. I've worked for two companies that have used the software, and both looked very different, yet still intuitively the same. I like that if there isn't currently a solution for you, there are add-ons and plug-ins that can be fitted into your experience to make it an extremely tailored solution for a wide range of companies. Not only that, the customer support staff have some great tools at their disposal that give you an even deeper dimension of control, should you be unable to quite round the edges for your perfect fit. I like the seamless integration with Pardot. In addition, with Pardot's automation platform, you can literally save hours' worth of work as contact/prospect data can sync in nearly realtime, depending on the rules you've set up. If all this sounds perplexing, don't worry too much, as Salesforce has an amazing onboarding team that will work with your designated admin staff to utilize most of the software package from nearly any education/experience level.

Cons

There are some frustrating limitations with reporting in Pardot, and sometimes SalesForce integration with plug-ins can be a bit of a hassle if they weren't set up during the initial onboarding, but overall these are speedbumps at worst and don't detract from the overall experience enough to really worry about.

Kylee
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great for reporting, but not an easy platform to learn.

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

If you or your team does not have the time to fully invest in training and learning the platform to a deep extent, than this software would be a waste for you. I would recommend speaking with a SalesForce consultant about the different reporting, campaigning, sales, etc. capabilities before making the investment. Though the Customer Support side of SalesForce, in terms of issue resolution, have not been helpful, the SalesForce sales team is very knowledgeable and give honest opinions on what different functions, plans, etc. they would recommend to fit your specific needs. The sales team has actually saved us money by showing us how to more efficiently manage our plan with them.

Pros

The reporting capabilities of SalesForce, especially now that they have switched over to the new Lightning experience, are a great asset for companies looking to track business development activities. Sales funnel reporting, gain-loss reports, call/meeting/email recaps, project lists, budgeting and customer contacts - SalesForce is your "one stop shop" for all of these reporting functions! My team has also loved having the ability to sign up for monthly emails that are based off of reports they have set up within SalesForce. This allows them to track any progress, trends or issues that need to be addressed upfront. My team has also enjoyed the email campaign tracking, which works in conjunction with the Pardot platform.

Cons

SalesForce is not an intuitive software to use and is not easily learned by all members of my team. This is what I like least about the software. Beyond that, customer support has been less than helpful. My team and I have often had to do our own research on Google and YouTube for solutions to problems the SalesForce Customer Service could not help us with. This platform takes a considerable amount of training to really be able to grasp its reporting and data entry capabilities. Beyond that, this product is not cheap! It is worth the investment for larger organizations, but I am not sure it is worth the cost for smaller companies.

nandyala

• Customer Support Software

Salesforce is a full-featured CRM software for all types of businesses. With Salesforce Small...

Reviewed on 23/06/2017

Firstly, there is little to no risk when using Salesforce. Due to its low acquiring costs and low-risk management as an organization tool, there is very little to lose and a lot to benefit from.
The database that Salesforce uses is also helpful in digitizing and organizing company sale records. Thus, improving the overall organization of a company.

Pros

Salesforce and good customer service comes hand in hand. It allows customization of profiles for individual customers as well as quick, organized access to individual records

There is also no need to purchase software and hardware systems to help maintain and keep the application running. Therefore, unlike most software, Salesforce requires no capital investment.
The integrated solutions allow users to work more efficiently and increase the value of each part of the customer life cycle. Moreover, Saleforce analytics and its reporting function gives its users the ability to expand their campaign capacity. As a result, overall productivity can be increased and profit can be maximized.
Since Salesforce is an application and no software is required, there is no need for constant updates as Salesforce will update automatically.

Cons

At times, there can be too much customization and the interface can be filled with cumbersome and tedious tools which can be seen as repetitive or distracting.
Some users face difficulties in the transition between transactions. Some have to go through multiple screens to process transactions.
Salesforce has its own maintenance schedule since runs on its own cloud server. As a result, there are times that the application will not be accessible.
Users can also lose a personal touch as in the process of automation
Salesforce contains barriers to adoption. This means that even though Salesforce is cheap, the cost to integrate the application and redesigning their IT to incorporate it into a company is not the same as the cost of acquiring Salesforce. It is possible that the cost of integrating it can exceed the costs of the software itself.

Dena
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

• Customer Support Software

Salesforce is a CRM platform that is an essential tool for my company, team, and bottom line.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

We were able to streamline our internal process which has made our operations more efficient! We are able to easily set up new users and training is easier to relate but helps with consistency and best practices.

Pros

Salesforce is not only appealing to the eye but the page is full of images that gives you that feeling of productivity! Salesforce chose a great color in business.. BLUE, which indicates Salesforce to be a dependable, confident application. The role in which I work is that of an Asst. Office Manager and HR Representative and I love that Salesforce offers many facets that I utilize daily. Timeclock Online and Chatter are my most favored features (at the present time). Timeclock Online is user friendly and I am able to collect data on a dime! Chatter is a direct messenger but also time stamps and leaves a record that all can access and pick up where someone or a process was left. I could go on and on but I must mention the Free tutorials and the Community which keeps you abreast to the latest and greatest news. When I am having a challenging moment (brain fart) I can always rely on Salesforce support to assist and get the job done!

Cons

What I don't like about Salesforce is that it offers so much and I don't know it all (no fault of Salesforce). There are time we're I can get overwhelmed with different aspects of the application. More so a personal issue and not a Salesforce issue is that I am not the certified Salesforce user. When I first started utilizing Salesforce, it was a challenge to distinguish the purpose of the different consoles and their efficiency. Lastly, (at the present time) I regret that there is not an option, or one that I am aware of that would allow you to color code your tasks to help distinguish different tasks that are commonly performed daily. This of course is a personal preference.

Kevin
Kevin

• Customer Support Software

Salesforce is the premier CRM in the market, and this platform offers the most ROI.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

This helps my and my team realize more ROI by helping automate and report on what is necessary for us to keep recorded in CRM. The laborious tasks that team members hate dealing with can be taken care of by the Salesforce platform itself, causing less friction with management and 100% accurate reporting in CRM.

Salesforce helps me keep track of my progress as an employee and offers transparency as to what I can do to improve my processes and learn to succeed to higher degrees and frequencies.

Pros

I like all of the automation and customization available with Salesforce. It is great having access to a tool that is capable of taking so much of the human decision out of the equation so that the team members can focus on their responsibilities and allow Salesforce to do the heavy lifting. If can be tiresome to try to always remember what needs to be logged/updated when and where, and Salesforce makes reporting compliance easy for any team of any size. Customizing it offers great value as well, as there are numerous departments in every company, and we all would like to use Salesforce differently. I get to have layouts and processes that match my team, while not being bothered with those of other departments.

Cons

What I like least is that Salesforce has sub-par support. There is a lot of complexity to their platform, and because of that, a lot of questions arise. The team at Salesforce, even if you pay for premier support, is not all that responsive or helpful. There is a lot that they themselves don't necessarily know and maybe have to track down the appropriate internal resources to get the answers. Another thing is that Salesforce seems to neglect very important features requests from Salesforce Ideas posts. Clients are offering their feedback and suggestions firsthand, but certain requests that would benefit every company (such as being able to sort reports by more than just a single field) get left in the dust for UI updates to try to wow or entice new clients. Salesforce definitely has a direction of its own, and although they do build new and helpful aspects to the tech, you are on their wagon wherever they choose to pull it.

• Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Our company has been using Salesforce for around 2 years now and I can say it served our needs...

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

It keeps good track of our candidates and clients discussions over a period of time which helps us get back from where the last conversation had ended. A good account information as well with 360-view of information. Tools operate much of some famous social networking sites and could be considered as an easy-navigating platform.

Pros

A platform that offers sales management, customer service, marketing automation and partner relationship management. It is a c cloud-based CRM solution, Salesforce gives you anywhere, anytime, access to your business data, even from mobile devices. This platform helped us streamline our process and logged our conversation with each of our clients/candidates keeping track of the discussion history and knowing where we left at. It has a good contact management system that allows the users to store a lot more information like account/client details, addresses, other available information which allows a good account info overview. The Dashboard is customizable and can fit to what their client needs and requires for the specific process. It's an easy to navigate software especially for those who had been into cloud-based platform before.

Cons

The complexity of its features sometimes are not being exhausted/maximized by small-scale businesses and could get overwhelming at times. Pricing may be a bit high for a small company especially if they want something that is more customizable. For our team, it took us a while to navigate the platform fully and think of was on how to customize the platform based on our needs. Knowing what is already available for us and what can be considered for the future is something that we get to deep dive over the course of months and a lot of collaboration and dicussion with the team. Reporting issues might be a bit hard in terms of knowing who is responsbile for certain technical glitch if its Salesforce folks themselves or some app that links to it.

Joannie

• Customer Support Software

It's the most popular CRM for a reason!

Reviewed on 18/09/2023

Overall after five years of usage we are very satisfied with Salesforce. We were able to automate most business processes; our employees can now focus on their job, not on data entry. Our database is robust, fully integrated, and used by most departments, from marketing to customer success to finance. Problems are quickly fixed and easy to report, support is knowledgeable, and the community is awesome.

Pros

Salesforce is the #1 CRM for a reason: it's robust, highly customizable, integrates with a million other software and apps, and there's just about a product for every customer's use case. In the five years we've used it, we've gone from a very basic, low-users (sales only) plan to an Enterprise plan used by every but one of our company's departments. It's absolutely core to our business.One of the things I appreciate the most is how customizable it is. The custom field limits on every object are very high. The Flow feature allows for extremely powerful automation, without any code. (I'm an accountant by trade and I managed to program everything with just a bit of help from a consultant and Salesforce support.) Salesforce regularly offers webinars, ask an expert sessions, and the help database is huge - both Salesforce's and blogs outside of it. If I can't find an answer to something, the Trailblazer community will usually provide it within a couple of days. The self-training platform is constantly updated and the modules are highly valuable, especially when you start out. There's always a ton of new features deployed with every update (three times a year!). Finally, the AppExchange market is massive, with apps ranging from free to pricey that you can download and try out. We use a few apps developed by third parties that fix an annoyance we had with the system and work very well.

Cons

As with all software-as-a-service models, Salesforce can become pricey, fast. Every time you want to add a new add-on, price is calculated per user. Some of them allow for a limited number of licenses so you don't have to buy one for every user; other modules force you to pay for all users, no matter if they'll use it or not. Even for some third party add-ons, you have to purchase both a subscription to whatever software you want to use, plus pay a fee to integrate with Salesforce. They become more flexible with pricing at the end of their fiscal year, but they're quite rigid otherwise, and forget about ever diminishing your number of user licenses!

Sebastian
Sebastian

If you are a startup, keep looking. Think twice if you have 15-20 sales rep

Reviewed on 18/09/2015

Even though I wasn't part of the selection of the application, I must admit it is a great software, but mostly because the experience that has built into. Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities are the basic pilars of every Sales process, and the information you can manage with it gives you a lot to track sales and team performance. It takes time to train and configure it and that's why I would not recommend it for a startup (besides the cost).
We wanted to have a software that could help us manage the sales process and be able to help our sales and provide information to the management, and we could get that with Salesforce.

Pros

The experience that the software has embedded in the features and the ability to configure and adapt it to our processes. One example of this is how they map the selling cycle: Campaigns, Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, Contracts.

About features, the reporting that they have, even if with our version is limited, it's one of the most powerful I know. And you can complement it using other software such as Dataloader.io

Another thing that we use a lot is the ability to create workflows. Pro Edition only have that for Contracts, but the ability to combine different objects with processes is very powerful.

Another thing is the app market that they have, hence the development model and integration features they have. Even if you have a limited version such as ours, you can always extend the functionality using other apps.

Cons

I would say that what I like least of it is their licensing model. Since they are so big, everything costs a lot, and the way they modularized the system sometimes just doesn't make sense. For example, the Professional Edition includes the ability to create forecasts out of the Opportunity pipeline, but it requires the ability to configure permissions and user profiles that you can't do with that edition! After long hours talking to the support, they told me that the only way to do it is to go Enterprise, which costs the double.

Another thing that for a new user, and being exposed to several other application, the UI hurts your eyes. But here is a fact: Salesforce is used for thousands of companies for a very long time, so changing anything in the UI would cost millions to companies in training. At least that is what they say, and I believe it.