Accelo

Automation software for all Professional Service Businesses

4.5 /5 (139 reviews) Write a Review!

Meredith C.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

The Best CRM!

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

We've centralized several different services into a single place with Accelo streamlining our work and eliminating loss of data.

Pros

Ease of use, completely customizable, thoughtful and useful features!

Cons

I wish I would have found it so much earlier than I did!

Rob C.

Timesheeting and more

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

Overall, I enjoy using the software. Entering timesheets is super easy. It's also good to see my tasks for the week ahead.

Pros

I really like how I can see all the work I have been assigned at the beginning of the week. It's also very easy to enter my timesheet

Cons

I think the search functionality could be improved. Also, it's very difficult to book holiday leave in advance - it's a very roundabout process.

Rob L.

• Customer Support Software

Ongoing clever innovation keeps this product fresh

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Accelo solves the problem of double handling data when progressing clients from sales to work in progress and maintaining ongoing work for that client. This saves time and cost... In the past we had to re-enter the contact details from a CRM, after the lead became a client, into a Project Management system, for service delivery, then into a Support tool, to manage ongoing work. A single license with Accelo was cheaper, than other software systems combined.

Pros

I like that Accelo combines almost all facets of my business in one application. Not only do I get CRM & sales capability, I also get job/task tracking, project management, support ticketing, and billing! There is integration with key third party apps so I rarely have to go anywhere else to run the business.
I also like the user community engagement and level of communication to keep informed on product development.

Cons

It is hard to dislike anything given all the recent improvements, but next I'd like to see a payroll feature, so either I can export timesheet data to a third party application or run a payroll process within Accelo.

Cheryl B.

• Customer Support Software

Effective tool but missing some key functionality for management of a team

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

The company is good to work with. They try to be accommodating with requests. Their support team is responsive. There are some fundamental functionality missing from the system such as the ability to apply a discount to a quote. Also the way margins are calculated is incorrect. I need to recalculate by myself. Some of the dashboards are not meaningful. I would love to see the company spend time understanding reporting needs, and update the software to provide more meaningful information.

Pros

The ability to create an opportunity, quote, and then close it into a project where we can assign resources and log time is very convenient.

Cons

Reporting capabilities are severely lacking. I have to try many different ways to pull out data into excel and further manipulate it to do the type of analysis I need to do as the leader of a team. When I filter data, it doesn't always make sense and it doesn't leave me confident that the data is accurate.

Laurel C.
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I love Accelo

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

I'm a total fangirl of this product; it makes me better at my job. I've actually weighed whether to switch jobs based on the fact that I wouldn't use it daily, it's that good!

Pros

I love how comprehensive Accelo is. There's a really thoughtful approach in that you can track all comms and the history for each client in one place. Accelo has re-defined how our agency works as it takes a lot of the manual organization work out of the equation.

Cons

The price? My company recently went through a merger with eight other companies (globally, but still within the South Pacific) and the cost to use Accelo company wide was too high. At the moment, our higher ups are looking for replacement tools, but everything is independent of each other. Some apps integrate with others, but it's no where near as sophisticated as Accelo. Our smaller team has made a case for our continual use, but I fear it's a matter of time before we'll be required to use something else for day to day ops management.

Rachel Q.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to learn with helpful staff

Reviewed on 27/05/2015

Pros
- easy to use especially with the guides and you tubes and google searches. It can be hard sometimes to understand the answer but I just ask a question and the team answer for me.
- the ideas field is excellent as there are a number of solutions already posted for problems which you can use to adapt to your settings.
- constant upgrades and improvements. The team recognize that the product needs to be alot of different things to different companies and are constantly improving and upgrading each section so it is more versatile.

Cons
- unable to set multiple bill rates per engineer. Our rates vary per job for the one engineer. With the version we have we are unable to set multiple rates. However I do believe this is possible with a different version.
- Quotes section - would be great to be able to import our template to make it easier to use. However Affinity have already communicated that Quotes is a work in progress with more improvements expected in Q3/Q4

Overall
- it is an easy to use tool that suits our business needs. We have the basic access but are still able to manipulate data and reports to get what we need.
- Each day I learn more and more about the tool which is also enjoyable as we see how it helps our sales team each day.
- The team who answer all of my questions (and I have ALOT) are really helpful and break down the answers into a language I understand. I have no HTML background or programming background so for technical engineers to be able to translate a product into a language that the lay-person understands really is an excellent skill to have (and rare).

Response from Accelo

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your candid and honest review. We are always looking to improve our product and appreciate the feedback you provided. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Kevin W.

Visibility is the key

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

What happened in my business today, is the burning question Accelo helps me answer.

Pros

Across all our different revenue streams, tickets, contracts, projects we can for the first time, incredibly easily track activity and therefore see Profit per employee and Profit per Contract / Project / Ticket alot more easily.

Cons

It doesn't really suit a software consultancy although strides into Adaptive Project Management are definitly steps in the right direction, and I have no doubt the Accelo team will continue to listen to customers and improve at a rapid rate as they have done for quite a number of years now.

Mike J.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Simplifies task management and billable time

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Overall, Accelo makes our daily lives as designers much simpler. We are still learning something new and helpful within the software every day and their customer support is VERY on top of questions and concerns.

Pros

Integration with Gmail makes creating tasks from emails very easy. The ability to create projects by client makes keeping tasks organized and logging time a breeze.

Cons

Accelo can definitely seem intimidating at first as there are a ton of menus that can take time to familiarize yourself with.

Michael R.

Pro's and Con's

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

i like using accelo, i have already and will continue to recommend it.

Pros

We like it because its web based, i enjoy the mobile app (although there are differences in app and desktop views that confuse users)

i love the project management section, very detailed and familiar in its design structure.

Cons

as a new administrator, editing is not as user friendly as i wished, i hope for better video tutorials in the future

• Used Other for Free Trial

Filters and Reports

Reviewed on 27/09/2018

I liked a lot in general, but is a big issue the reports deficit and the lack of data to export

Pros

It has the Signoff feature : I really like this , you can send an approval to any people added in the project , also a client ( guest licences), and them can approve the request ( like a changes or new feature )

Proyect Type Function: You can customize the flow of the Project Like at this moment it is the stage 1 - next is Stage 2 , you can add them as you need , related also with a specific custom fields to the type of project.

End user portal: I really like it it shows all the projects related to this client, the gant chart, signofs, and also it allow you to send request ,

Cons

*Filters and reports:
*Filters you cannot search information for the new custon fields
in the main view you cannot add the custom fields, nether the progress in the project overview .
the report sections : totally deficient only has 2 types , and you cannot add the custom fields.
*If we need to create reports or executive reports, it is very difficult because it does not allow to export all that is needed.

Wayne W.

Great product for startups

Reviewed on 23/12/2018

Great to create projects, managed services agreements, invoicing, cost models, quotations. Great overall product.

Pros

I wanted a great PSA, one that I could stand up quickly and get to work without hours and hours of churn. This fit the bill great. It integrates well with QuickBooks, my RMM, and email platforms. And it is reasonably priced.

Cons

It still feels young in its product lifecycle. The integrations, while solid, have the opportunity for greater and greater automation. Looking forward to the progression of the product.

Megan T.

Good - not great

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Pros

There are so many features to Accelo! I loved that I could be very specific about tasks and milestones.

Cons

It's pretty confusing. Luckily, there are jam-packed informational videos to help you but even at that, the videos are long, boring, and complicated.

Great for switching away from Connectwise Manage

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Pretty great - I am saving a lot of money compared to my slow Connectwise Manage configuration that wasn't that well integrated with Connectwise Automate anyways. I had to change away from CW Manage due to cost and slowness and Accelo is definitely better in both respects.

Pros

Fast interface and costs less than Connectwise Manage.

Cons

Still has a couple niggling details to make my day faster that they are still working on - filtered list of tickets resets when a change is made and you have to reload the filter. Nothing that is a showstopper.

Darby Y.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Project. Clean and user friendly

Reviewed on 28/06/2016

Very easy to use. It's customization is awesome. There staff take the time to train us and every question is answered in detail.

Pros

customization, layout and app

Cons

none

• Industry: Management Consulting

Good value CRM system.

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Driving efficiency and consistency in our client relationships.

Pros

This has enabled us to streamline and make our whole sales process much more consistent across the organisation. It also comes in at a good price point.

Cons

There is not all of the bells and whistles that you get with some CRM systems however due to the good price and functionality it is still a very good option.

Stephanie R.

• Customer Support Software

Good product but lots can be improved

Reviewed on 15/11/2018

The potential is there, but there is still a way to go to make it really valuable for businesses.

Pros

The price and the functionality is great. Very easy to start using.

Cons

Some aspects of it are too complex (e.g. the gantt charts) and some are too simplistic (the financial reporting and invoicing). Especially the financial forecasting and administration should be strengthened as a priority!

Response from Accelo

Thanks for your feedback, Stephanie! We've recently upgraded the gantt chart, but we certainly empathize about the experience you (and other clients) had at the time of your review with that part of the product in particular.

With more than half of the people in our company focused on product (design, development, QA, etc) we're working really hard to improve those areas that are complex, frustrating or have shortcomings.

Adam B.

Great CRM

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Pros

Easy to use and set up clients, their assets, and work needing to be done for them both on a one time and regular basis.

Cons

Some setup items are not as obvious as I'd prefer but the support team is very helpful and quick to respond to our issues.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and has lots of features.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

I love all the features under one dashboard, I really like the drag and drop functionality and dont get me started on the Office 365 integrations ( I love it)

Cons

I haven't found any problem, everything seems to work and do what I need.

Ben T.

Professional services automation tool

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

Our business moved to Accelo about a year ago and allowed us to combine several software tools into a single PSA tool. There are a lot of great features and I love how everything is integrated. It is a significant lift to integrate into an organization but will bring together parts of your business that was not possible with separate tools.

Response from Accelo

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your feedback! I do see that the ease of use rating is pretty low at 2/5 stars. I'm curious if there are any changes that you would like to see that would improve the ease of use of Accelo for you?

Kind regards,

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Accelo is a great tool for companies!

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Pros

I like how easy and convenient Accelo is to use. Lots of features and easy to understand layout.

Cons

I think everything is great! I have no cons to report

Marcus P.

Sales center loves it!

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

Our entire sales center really love this product! We found it super helpful and it really does change our workflow for the better

Daniele D.

Reviewed on 23/11/2015

Sherae D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Good for managing and running projects

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

Overall a very organized software. Keeps everything in one place.

Pros

I love how easy it is to understand. Completely customizable and very organized on a whole. Tracking transactions with previous customers is super easy.

Cons

The ease for booking leaves is actually not so easy. It seems to be very complicated. Also I have having to do so many tasks manually.

Response from Accelo

Thanks Sherae for the great feedback!

• Industry: Hospitality

THE Project Management Tool to Use

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Pros

It is easy to create new projects in minutes with saved project templates. The gant chart view makes it easy to adjust timelines and due dates. You can alert teammates when their task is ready to start, and the task dashboard makes it easy for you to view your tasks for the day/week.

Cons

The schedule view is not useful as is. Currently the schedule view will show how many hours of work you have for a given day. 1) You need to have a time set for the task in order to see this properly listed in the schedule view, 2) If you have a task that takes 3 hours, but you have it spread over 3 days it allocates 1 hour per day on the schedule view. If it's day 3, and that task had not been identified as started and no time logged it should show 3 hours of work on that day - but instead it still shows the 1 hour. If that logic were set properly it would make this schedule view much more useful.

There is also a major issue with setting project schedules, you need to be sure to lock-in the dates otherwise your project dates keep adjusting until you start. It can really screw things up if you don't have that set right away.

Anna G.

• Customer Support Software

The most cost-effective tool for managing large scale projects.

Reviewed on 18/04/2020

Accelo is a service that has allowed me to achieve very important objectives for our organization, its integration to CRM system is excellent for us to manage different projects, its agility and productivity is what has allowed us to obtain very favorable results in the last years. It offers a very customizable system to use effectively in the problems that users require to solve, I have several years using this software and it has given me an extraordinary experience, it is available at a very accessible price for everyone, it really is an excellent software and I recommend it very much.

Pros

I love working with Accelo because it is a very accessible service for my company, its high performance allows us to manage projects with high performance and my team loves it because of how convenient it is, the tool is available to access from Windows and Android. One factor that makes this software ideal for anyone even without technical knowledge is that it has excellent training available for inexperienced people, its high customization and its wide interface make an excellent experience that motivates people to want to work with this software every day at all times.

Cons

The software has constant updates which is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time to work, the main advantage is that it keeps all your system updated to the most innovative technology and the disadvantage is that for people to adapt to the software makes this very challenging because of the constant changes that are seen.