Help Scout

Web-based help desk designed for better customer experience

4.7 /5 (163 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.6
4.4
4.7
4.8

Couldn't run my business without it

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

For any business, customer satisfaction is crucial. Help Scout is the tool to make it fun and easy.

Pros

After having used Zendesk for a while, I was not happy with its and complexity. I wanted to have a support desk tool that made it look like it was regular mail to the customers. And HelpScout did exactly that. After having used the free version for more than 2 years, we are now on the Business plan. It was great that we could have used it without having to spend money on it, but it's soo good that it's definitely worth every penny. The Docs integration is perfect, as we use it in replies to customers, in the beacon for self-help and we now also embed the docs on our website through the API.

Cons

It would be great if we could set a custom threshold for the spam filter, as we have a bit too many false positives.

Carl N.

Best Customer Support Software with the Best Customer Support

Reviewed on 07/12/2016

Having tried or reviewed every customer support solution we could find, we have found Help Scout to be the best solution because of it being as simple to use as regular email, yet powerful enough to handle all of our company's communication. Help Scout is the key tool we use in our web development and hosting business, handling all of our client communication and allowing us to easily discuss requests internally, pass around messages, and provide quicker response times to our clients while making our lives easier.

Additionally, the customer support Help Scout provides is the best we've ever seen. They are super friendly, very quick to respond, and understand requests the first time. They are the model for customer support, and they even blog regularly about how to provide great customer support with very useful tips.

Like all the other Help Desks, but faster, more focused, and cleaner

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Easy Help Desk software, fully functional with even more bells and whistles, amazing design, and affordable to boot!

Pros

Having used Zendesk for years, I was looking for a alternative option without breaking the bank. Help Scout has all the features i needed for my team, and more.

Help Scout looks/feels great. Everything is right where it needs to be. I can quickly show a new employee how to use it in minutes. Zendesk looks like a dinosaur in comparison, and had to train them for a few days before my employees got comfortable.

Cons

Not much to dislike. They have a lot of integrations built right in, and zapier fills in the blanks. The only thing I wish I had was the custom fields, which is in the PLUS feature, and I'd have to pay a bit more money for it. But can't complain about that.

Moses Z.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Best ticketing tool out there!

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Speedy communication with clients, great reports to categorize the requests that come in, very to near flawless functionality, and rarely an issue with Help Scout.

Pros

Easy to manage accounts, great for keeping records of a clients request, real-time request, great reports, easy to use and adapt. Honestly, I would recommend Help Scout, is a great ticking tool that has helped me reach-out to clients and keep communication rolling with them efficiently.

Cons

I like the software when used on a computer, but the app for a mobile device does lack functionality. I would like to have the same options as I have on the computer. I don't want to be completely demanding so I won't request the high-end gadgets, but the option to see whos working on a ticket on the app will help a lot.

Brad B.

Help Scout - The solution we were looking for!

Reviewed on 03/12/2018

Help Scout is easy to use, appealing, and very effective. There is always a feature to accommodate our needs.

Pros

Help Scout is so user friendly! In the past, we tried several ticketing systems but they didn't seem to fit in with our flow and organization. We heard about Help Scout, tried it, and simply fell in love! Help Scout is so easy to use and work together as a team.

Cons

The one thing I would really like to see in Help Scout is a Round Robin auto-assignment feature. You can do quite a bit with workflows but I wish there was a simple way to Round Robin auto-assign our incoming tickets.

Dustin D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Help Scout is fantastic

Reviewed on 05/02/2017

Been using Help Scout for years. The main reason I went with them over others was the still small business feel you can give your customers even with dozens of employees being involved in customer interaction. The tickets are silent to the customer, unlike many other products which a customer is nothing more than a ticket.

Pros

- Easy interface
- Lower learning curve
- Continually improving
- Good customer support
- All cloud based

Cons

- Per-user costs can add up

Kayla Z.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Shared Inbox

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Pros

It's very easy to utilize with multiple members using at the same time. You can always see where other users are and leave comments to each other on specific messages.

Cons

When copying in a new email to an existing chain (or when the HelpScout email is adding to an existing chain), attachments are usually lost and have to be reattached.

Help Scout is the best customer service management software out there.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Help Scout is the best way to manage client communications. It is efficient and intuitive, saving my team time and keep our communications organized.

Pros

Help Scout allows my team to handle client requests collaboratively and efficiently. The UI makes it easy to view my pending cases, as well as my teammate's cases making it easy to take it over if someone is out of the office.

Cons

I have no cons for Help Scout. All the features and functionality was incredibly well thought out, and it is amazing how helpful it has been for my team.

Fabio M.

It makes customer service that much easier

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

ease of use, improved customer support, great feedback from cusomters

Pros

ease of use, works on mobile, customer support. Overall it helps me stay on top of all our customer requests.

Cons

None! There is not a lot to say here. My only gripe was before there was no mobile app but now there is and its brilliant

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Help Scout has helped us feel like experts in customer service because we can offer help...

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Pros

Implementation in our business was very easy because the compatibility testing is all done in the background. As a help desk software, Help Scout is at the top of the list when it comes to implemention & integration.

Cons

Sometimes it becomes evident the network struggles but rarely is it ever an issue. Additionally, many features feel pulled directly from other help desk softwares, but the features that set it apart are still present.

Jeff G.

Great Customer Support Ticket System

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Helping customers with support tickets via email. And creating support ticket form and knowledge base pages.

Pros

Help scout is easy to use. Tickets are easy to assign and manage. Setup is a breeze. And support is quick to reply. I also like all the integration options.

Harrison B.

HelpScout is literally the best support software ever!

Reviewed on 26/04/2016

Pros

Helpscout is so easy and intuitive to use. I love that there are saved replies so I can easily communicate, with consistent solid messaging, concerns over similar issues to my customer base.

Cons

I have yet to find something I dislike about Help Scout, no joke!

Nancy S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Help Scout is truly the greatest!

Reviewed on 01/09/2015

I have now integrated Help Scout in three companies. One of those, we decided to move to another platform to integrate with other features and boy did we regret it! I'm excited to be working with them again as they have always been amazing at customer service, prompt, helpful and friendly. I've even been part of beta service testing in the past, which was really great! I can't say enough about how easy it is it use and how beneficial it is to my customer service career!!! A gem I take with me everywhere.

Jonathan L.

The absolute best, crucial for running my ecommerce business

Reviewed on 28/03/2016

The helpscout interface makes it really easy to send personalized messages to customers extremely quickly and easily.
It separates emails from customers into separate threads even if they are responding to the same email, so that it you never miss responding to a customer.
Adding team members is seamless and allows you to quickly use the help of support staff (if you have any).
Another crazy-awesome feature is the relevant information they loop in. The two I used on a daily basis are: The shopify interface so I know about a customer's previous orders with me, and the mailchimp interface so I know if they signed up, when they did, and can even add a customer to a mailing list in 2 clicks.
I can't recommend Helpscout enough.
--Jonathan

Paulo S.

Effective help desk system

Reviewed on 07/12/2015

I cant say exactly how I first heard about Helpscout. After using its doc system for two months, I realised that the team was deploying new features to the product pretty often. For instance, take a look at the release notes for October:

We have migrated from a cheaper provider to Helpscout. First 5 agents, then +2, then +8 and we have 12 more to go. I couldnt be happier. They also answer pretty fast.

Another quite good advantage is the billing options: there is only one! They will not try to upsell you anything through essential features. You have all the features, it is the only way.

Laurian E.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/03/2017

• Industry: Market Research

I preferred Dropbox

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Pros

I thought the website design was clean and attractive.

Cons

I only used it in training, but I didn't like the way the knowledge base was. I thought it was a much easier experience searching for my training materials in Dropbox.

Cathy P.

Using Helpscout to send emails to our software potential long-term users

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

I'm still in the learning curve stage

Pros

I find it makes it easy to email about issues with their account or using the software.

Cons

The dashboard isn't clear at all. I don't like it.

Jenna W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Decent Help Desk

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

Pros

Help Scout works pretty good when using it to track emails and customer relations. It allows tasks and certain messages to be assigned to different workers, etc. Also reduces customer communication issues. Personally, it's not my favorite help desk though.

Cons

I don't think it has a very organized workflow automation and I wish it had more customization features.

Corey O.

Help Scout help us achieve inbox 0

Reviewed on 07/02/2015

Pros

When we were just using Gmail, there was a constant fear that a customer would be missed or that an email would be marked read that wasn't dealt with. We no longer have either of these problems.

Cons

We do wish that Help Scout integrated with our Facebook page's inbox.

Mary F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great support system

Reviewed on 24/02/2015

Pros

Easy to navigate and user-friendly. Immediate forwarding to personal email.

Cons

Not a visually striking website. Although the website is easy to navigate, adding some color would make icons easier to identify.

Nelson O.
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 04/04/2017

Jiri R.

Splendid UI, best of all helpdesk software we have used. Customer service is great.

Reviewed on 31/03/2016

Using HS since 2014, this is the best helpdesk we could find. , , in paid plan there is email automation. Best ui.

Daniel G.