BigContacts

Affordable CRM Software for Small Business

4.3 /5 (199 reviews) Write a Review!

Ann S.

Works for me

Reviewed on 21/01/2010

Does a pretty darn good job for a great price.

Pros

We've been using Big Contacts for a while now to manage our appointment scheduling, customer and vendor database, sales and lead info. We specifically got iPhones so we could access Big Contacts out in the field. Love accessing Google maps through contact info for navigational help en route to appointments. Also like that calendar can be broken down into 15 min. segments.

Cons

Wish that contact data entry was expedited, say by only needing to type in zipcode and have the system plug in the city, state. You have to type in every entry in full. But that is a fine point.

Occasionally have lost tag clouds for no known reason. Customer service quickly restores, but is an odd kink.

Brian G.

We love Big Contacts

Reviewed on 21/01/2010

Before finding Big Contacts, we looked at virtually every contact management system we could find and had just about given up because we didn't like any of them. Our IT dept was going to have to build one in-house. Big Contacts is what we'd have built if we'd done it ourselves, only much better.

Pros

Easy to use, economical and provides everything we need to schedule follow-ups and communicate with customers. Auto-pilot campaigns allow us to stay in touch with clients behind the scenes, and email templates provide me with a way to ensure my sales people are sending effective and professional communication in an incredibly time-efficient fashion.

Cons

I have submitted some requests for improvements, specifically to the sales opportunity features, which have not yet been implemented.

Brandon N.
  • Industry: Automotive

Big Contacts review

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Overall my experience is great! Very straight forward program that delivers exactly what business need in order to keep organized and on track.

Pros

It is very easy to learn and use. I recently changed careers and this is my first time working in an office setting and using Big Contacts. I learned how to use it very quickly and it is very easy to understand.

Cons

I don't like the reporting options. I wish there was a way to organize and list the data in alphabetical or numerical ways.

Janet W.

BC Review requested by BC

Reviewed on 29/09/2016

For the most part it is fine. I think the report builder is horrible, not user friendly at all. I would like to see more report capability for marketing purposes

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. Has good flexibility.

Cons

List creation is not user friendly. It needs to have a contact merge function to deal with duplicates.

Laurie W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Great and affordable CRM system with excellent support

Reviewed on 06/08/2015

Pros

Cloud based.
Mobile access.
Supports multiple users if required.
Excellent support from help desk if required.

Cons

Being based in Australia I am in a different time zone and this can sometimes delay response to help requests...

Kimberly M.

Could be better

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

To us Big Contacts ended up being a glorified Rolodex. Information was time consuming to enter, cross referencing was not easy and needing to print reports to find information was complicated. Customer service however was always available to answer questions and guide us through an issue. In the end, Big Contacts was not what we were looking for.

Pros

The screen was very easy to read and all customer info was clearly displayed.

Cons

Cross referencing was not easy. Searching for certain info was not easy, entering info was time consuming. Didn't like having to print reports to find what I needed. The process to find info was very complicated. We couldn't easily figure out how to link our emails so they were added to the history.

Kristin B.

Two big thumbs up!!

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

I depend on big contacts to be a second brain for my business. Once you learn how to use the software, it's a phenomenal tool to keep you on track with all of your contacts and leads. I would recommend it to anybody. I encourage all of my teammates to get on big contacts!

Pros

It is like a second brain for my business.

Cons

It is challenging to learn how to use the software at first.

Juliet P.

• Customer Support Software

Best value of robust features - for a great price!

Reviewed on 02/10/2016

BigContacts provides the best value of robust features, for low price. As a small business owner, money and value really matters. I have researched many big-name CRM programs and no product can compare to the features I receive from BigContacts. I am a truly satisfied customer!

Pros

Great Price - lots of features available!

Cons

Not as pretty as some software.

Don R.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Loan Originator's Dream

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

I can know about the person I am talking to on the phone instantly by typing their name, and better yet... I have all their communications and emails and my notes to make sure I always sound informed. Great product when you have lots of clients and realtors.

Pros

Speed of data return, social media updating on contacts, email templates

Cons

Don't know how to send emails to a group of leads yet.. also, sometimes the emails I send are not instant.

Alejandra M.
  • Used for 2+ years

Beneficial for Business operators all around

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

The to-do lists are a total savior sometimes when you are busy and take a second to look at your list.

Pros

Adjusting to working with the software is very easy, users can share information and view each others activities related to certain job tasks. Also allows you to keep notes on system so that you can keep better track on your work.

Cons

Updating contacts when their information changes can be tricky because you must add another contact and then it can become confusing when trying to figure out which one is correct.

Tony D.

Feedback from Tony

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Pretty good

Pros

The Reporting functionality is the stand out feature for me

Cons

How we can't back up content; once we delete something we can't then look at content retrospectively and see what has been deleted

Spring B.

Big Contacts is an all around great CRM and Sales tool

Reviewed on 21/01/2010

I have recommended Big Contacts to several clients and friends. This is a great CRM software that is very affordable.

Pros

I love the easiness of Big Contacts. It is perfect for a great sales database. The tags,the automaitc emails into the database, the daily email reminders, the automatic attachments that are saved to their name if an email was sent, and much more... It takes the thinking out of the sales pathing. It is very user friendly and easy to import and export contacts. I have used other CRM softwares... Hands down big contacts is the best. The best part is that it is affordable.

Cons

It needs to be able to check for duplicate contacts and have a way to merge the contacts into one.

Response from BigContacts

Spring,

Thank you for taking the time to review BigContacts.

I wanted to share some great news with you. We have a de-duplication feature that we are currently working on that we hope the release in the next 30-45 days.

This de-duplication feature will not only allow you to de-duplicate contacts after you import new ones, but you can occasionally scan your entire database to find duplicates and merge them - helping you to maintain a clean database.

I encourage you to subscribe to our product news blog as we announce all new features as they go live!

Zach N.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

• Customer Support Software

Great business tool. Minimizes busy work

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

Been using Big Contacts for several years now and it has helped me grow my sales while minimizing my time spent entering customer data. Would highly recommend.

Pros

ease of use. can schedule and assign meetings/tasks. quick access to customer info

Cons

sometimes have issues using on my mobile phone

Ryan R.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Scratching the surface

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

I have 40 years worth of client files (hard copies). We don't even have emails for most. As I bring our office into the 21st century, this software has opened my eyes to the possibilities of constant contact and communication with the clients that was just not possible before. This software will enable our business to grow in ways we never thought possible through efficiency and organization.

Pros

Ease of use without having to watch endless tutorials.

Cons

Can't think of any. First software of this type I've used.

Amanda R.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Great for Organization

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

The interface took a little while to get used to, but I really enjoy the improvements. The 3.0 has a much better format for adding new clients, which also includes more information fields. The entire system seems to be running quicker as well, which I thoroughly appreciate. I did notice that on the 2.0 version there was an option to remove individual task items from an overall task list, which seems to have disappeared on the 3.0 upgrade. Overall I think 3.0 is the way to go!

Pros

Task lists, easy to input client information, daily reminders of outstanding tasks, able to assign tasks to others

Cons

Between the 2.0 and 3.0 upgrade the option to remove individual task items on the task list page seems to have disappeared.

Jerry F.

• Customer Support Software

The right CRM for taking your company up a notch

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

I've recommended it to clients that have been driven to tears by the best known sales software. The Demo was sufficient to convince them to change.

Pros

The functionality delivered for the price is terrific. The fact that automated marketing sequences are included make it a better deal than most That, plus simplicity of operation make it a delight for the "little guy."

Cons

You can;t print out the calendar. those of us that live where there are gaping holes in cel coverage need to have a printed calendar for reference almost daily.

Paula M.

Love Big Contacts!

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

I tried a few other CRM products before Big Contacts and they just did not have the flow I needed for my team. My favorite features are the Task List that I can assign to other people in our team and how easy it is to send letters and other documentation. Big Contacts makes sure I don't forget tasks and it is easy and fast to update important records.

I rely on Big Contacts every day for my business.

I know there is an upgrade coming soon and I can't wait!

Pros

Cloud based and I can access it on my phone. It helps me stay organized and assign tasks to other team members.

Daniel M.

Big Contacts has made us better... D. Mauer

Reviewed on 21/01/2010

Big Contacts has help us get more done in an already busy work week. And if you spend ANY amount of time out of the office, you'll be glad to bring all of your contacts with you... Thanks to Big Contacts.

Price was also a big factor for us when considering online CMR's. The amount we pay for our multiple users makes Big Contacts almost FREE when compared to the savings created by increased productivity and connectivity. Plus our clients appreciate the detailed tracking of correspondence and sales all made avaliable at the touch of a button by Big Contacts. D. Mauer

Pros

I have been a user of Big Contacts coming up on two years (July 2008). And though it took real effort for me to break-away from a stand alone version of ACT, I'm glad I've made the move to a web-based CRM. I looked extensively at SalesForce.com and other similar websites, but dollar for dollar not only was Big Contacts the best value, but it had what I needed to keep track of my clients. The ability to travel up to 18-weeks a year and have all my contacts on the web has made us a more efficient company. We update client profiles after every contact, send emails and mass mail all with Big Contacts from any internet connection globally. I like that... D. Mauer

Cons

I would like it to be easier to look up a client by any of their contact information. It takes too much time to find someone by their phone number or email if you don't know the exact "field" you entered that info into.

Also, creating labels to do a mailer could be easier...

I also look forward to a "google app" I can download onto my HTC Hero so I can better navigate Big Contacts on the go. D. Mauer

Anne S.

• Customer Support Software

Big Contacts: underrated, affordable little powerhouse

Reviewed on 14/08/2014

Pros

It's web-deliverable, so you can access BigContacts from any internet connection anywhere. It has a plug-n-play learning curve, and the top-shelf features at a bargain price.

I compared it to Salesforce.com and other similar websites, but dollar for dollar, not only was BigContacts the best value, it did the job. We update client profiles after every contact, and we send emails and mass mail all with BigContacts from any internet connection.

I can attach files, photos of clients, or important documents taken with an iPhone when out of the office, and it allows you to track and keep notes about discussions, meetings, documents sent and received. Anything pertaining to the client is there at the click of a mouse.

I've use BigContacts for eight years (since 2006). I converted from a PC-based ACT! system that I had customized extensively. The web-based CRM was ahead of its time back then and has kept pace with competitors since.

BigContacts had all the features of a more expensive site like Saleforce.com without the huge cost. Add to that, it's easy to train new employees on BigContacts, which allows them to efficiently support you and the clients sooner. BigContacts.com has been a great complement to keeping my business organized, tracked, and streamlined.

Cons

I would like an iPhone app that complements the web-deliverable software.

Linda S.

Big Contacts Keeps Us Connected

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

We have found Big Contacts to be a great solution to keeping our staff connected and in control of our CRM. We use calendar functions, schedule meetings, track sales, schedule contact follow ups, add history on all calls and track progress on sales goals and pipeline from mobile and desktop. The product meets our needs at fraction of the price of other products. Big Contacts is very user friendly compared with my experience with Salesforce! We appreciate the value, reliability and the flexible fields that customize the program to meet our needs.

Pros

Flexible fields to customize our use. Multiple users with individual setting controls in admin. Mobile Application.

Cons

Sometimes search does not find what I am looking for

Kristan H.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for what we need!

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

My company has been using Big Contacts for a little over a year now. Since they released the new updated version for beta testing, I have shared it with my coworkers and they are all excited to use the new version. We are able to keep track of customer calls, notes and important information. It is a user friendly interface and is very useful when communicating with my coworkers about clients. We are glad to use Big Contacts and will continue to use it! I will also use it when I open my own business very soon. Thank you!

Pros

I love the user friendly interface and the ease of use. It allows me to see any updates regarding clients and allow my coworkers to stay up to date on tasks and important information.

Cons

I wish there was a tagging feature to alert people of updated information (notes, activity), instead of them having to "follow" the certain contact.

Nona P.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Overall good review

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

overall good. I would like to see marketing module give the option of transferring contacts

Pros

Being able to put in history, notes and seeing past emails

Cons

Can't change the name of the company once saved. Marketing module doesn't transfer contacts automatically.

Rick S.

I've tried them all....

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

I am reinstalling my contacts to get back up to running with BC, so ask me in a few months. I don't foree any issues.

Pros

I've been using Big Contacts for over 10 years. Last fall I was thinking I was going a different direction and I was thinking Big Contacts didn't offer what I wanted, so I spent over 2 months trying EVERTYHING out there and I disliked trying to re-learn the OTHER ways programs sorted their contacts. I finally found a replacement for Big Contacts and went with it, and now after 5 months using the other program, I am coming back to Big Contacts. With the new options they have developed, their very competitive pricing and their great customer service, they really CANNOT BE BEAT.

Cons

Nothing so far, contact me in a few months

Brian M.

CRM with customization!

Reviewed on 06/08/2015

I use BigContacts for recruitment. I searched for a combination CRM / ATS high and low, and was glad I found BigContacts. Many other CRMs didn't function like an ATS, and no ATS had a CRM function. My candidate searching is done through prospecting (like sales) but I needed to be able to track each candidate's progress through the recruitment (sales) cycle. BigContacts is great because I was able to customize many parts of the system to fit my needs.

Pros

The customization is great. You can create fields that specifically fit your business needs. You can add several users and control the amount of access each user has in the system.

Cons

Sometimes the system can be a little slow, but they are making great improvements each day.

Bill V.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

Very responsive group whenever I contact them with questions.

Pros

Ease of use. Cloud based. Great customer service support.

Cons

There is only one thing that I wish was available with this software. Right now whenever you want to move someone from one date to another date on the calendar it must be done individually. Sometimes I want to move multiple contacts at one time and there is no way to do it in a group.