BigContacts

Affordable CRM Software for Small Business

4.3 /5 (199 reviews) Write a Review!

Dona G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Having one place for customer information whether it was a completed or pending sale, billing or repair issues, and the scheduling of tasks is HUGE - it makes it easy for the remote workers. Attachements are shown separately. Connecting with Quickbooks.

Pros

Scheduling tasks for yourself or others. Historical data of contacts with your clients, whether it was a phone call, email, meeting and attachments, even the direct marketing campaign for those special offers to all or some clients. Ability to enter social media information. Ability to see the daily, weekly, monthly calendar for your entire team. Basic or Custom reports.

Cons

No place to enter time (duration of a call). No way to click on the client's twitter, facebook or linkedin feed.
Ability to look up a contact via telephone number.

Brian M.

Great customizable CRM

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

I love BigContacts! I work for a local franchise of an International Real Estate Brokerage, and I use the system as a hybrid CRM/ATS. It's great because there is currently nothing on the market that is designed specifically for what I use, and BigContacts lets me completely customize the system to meet my needs. They recently updated a lot of the functionality, and it runs a lot smoother and looks much cleaner.

Pros

BigContacts is completely customizable.

Cons

Sometimes it can run a little slow, and freeze up.

Melinda P.
  • Industry: Dairy

• Customer Support Software

Great fit for our organization.

Reviewed on 30/09/2016

We are not a sales-oriented company. Rather we are a 10-employee organization focused on tracking, building and maintaining relationships with approximately 500 partners in our industry. We found Big Contacts to be that nice fit between an Excel spreadsheet (or multiple Excel spreadsheets) and Salesforce. It's robust enough to track and maintain all of the information we need and yet cost effective enough to not break our bank. Because it is a very sales-focused software, there are many features we don't use and there are many features we've figured out how to make work for us. We love the mobility of the software and we're looking forward to implementing the marketing module down the road. All in all, a great find for us and a perfect fit for our organization.

Carolyn B.

Big contacts Review after One Year of usage Boccaccio & Associates

Reviewed on 22/01/2010

Satisfied with the program. Would just like to see some improvements in the emailing.

Pros

Big Contacts has worked perfectly for our small business. Being able to be have access to all our clients and vendor contacts anywhere we can get online is terrific.

We have also used the feature of assigning tasks which helps us keep track of when our clients need to be contacted.

The other feature that I find valuable is being able to attach a file to the clients contact page. This feature is terrific. I have been able to get attached excel spreadsheets that was established in our office and work on them from home. This allows us to have a virtual office, working with our clients anywhere.

Cons

I have had some problems with emailing directly from the big contacts page.

It would be helpful if we could get confirmation that our email has been sent.

Also when preparing an email draft there is no way to save. I had an issue once where I had to retype the email three times. I had tried to send the email but your site was having trouble emailing. It would have been nice to be able to save the email as a draft.
I rarely use the email feature because I need some confirmation that my email has been sent and received.

• Customer Support Software

Good solution for smaller budget constrained companies

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Pros

We have been able to customize it to meet our specific data needs.

Cons

Not totally intuitive and integration with our back end systems requires a lot of work and manual processing.

William F.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Good for the cost.

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

Functionality and ease of use is high. Editing functions could be better on saved actions. For the money, overall great experience.

Pros

Cost, ease of use.

Cons

Editing is almost nonexistent

Melissa N.
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

Big contacts

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

Big contacts meets our needs in this office. I find it very helpful in keeping up with clients. It's very easy to use.

Pros

The ease of use

Cons

I sometimes have problems running list.

Kristen H.

Baby Boot Camp

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

We love the beta site but wish that there was improved functionality around searching by email address, not just name.

Pros

Cost, ease of use.

Cons

Inability to search by email.

Matthew G.

• Customer Support Software

First time using a contact management software

Reviewed on 21/01/2010

I think it is really a good software program. It would be great if I could access the contacts and calendar on my blackberry though.

Pros

I think it is great how you can store and share your contacts with your business partners. Really helps to know what everyone else is doing when working on a case.

Cons

Doesn't work with a blackberry.

Response from BigContacts

Matthew,

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to review of our software.

Secondly, I wanted to share some great news with you regarding access to BigContacts from your Blackberry. We currently offer a mobile login that allows you login to BigContacts directly from your Blackberry.

You can access the mobile version of BigContacts by using the following URL : https://secure3.bigcontacts.com/mobile/login/

We are also real close to releasing a synchronization module for the Blackberry. This will provide over-the-air synchronization that will give you the ability to add contacts and update meeting right on your Blackberry and have it automatically sync with BigContacts.

We would be happy to get you more information about this and any answer any other questions you may about BigContacts. We encourage you to join us for one of our daily Q&A webinars.

Register for a FREE daily webinars. http://www.bigcontacts.com/crm-best-practices-webinar-answers-to-your-questions/

John C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great CRM

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Outstanding

Pros

User Friendly and very easy to customize. Great tech support that is very responsive to our needs.

Cons

None. So far the software has done very well for our office with no issues.

Ingrid G.

Blue Dress Marketing

Reviewed on 21/01/2010

Overall, I am very satisfied with this! Very useful to keep up with all the task necessary for our organization.

Pros

Everything in one place. Contacts, Forms, Calendar, and Scheduled Forecasted Sales. I also like the email marketing associated with it.

Cons

Too much money per user. If you are using this within a companu that needs many users, it becomes too expensive.

Response from BigContacts

Ingrid,

Thank you for your comments. We truly value your feedback.

We are constantly looking for ways to keep our prices low, and have found a good balance for what we offer. We believe very strongly that we must provide a high level of service and support for our customers and this does come at a small price.

We currently offer you the following services as part of your subscription with BigContacts: live chat, email support, ticketing system,daily webinars to answer any questions you may have about the system and help guide you in the best practices of our system, a video library, and a complete library of articles.

We deliver all this to you, PLUS the software and the constant stream of updates/ enhancements for less than $.50 per day/ user.

We will continue to strive to find ways to keep costs down for you while adding more value to your business.

Scarlett D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Big Contacts works Terrific for us.

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

We were looking for a minimally priced task list and fully customizable program to track our guests and clients and have found that Big Contacts offers the best functionality.

Pros

Customizable formats

Cons

That I cannot attach images to the notes without a url and I would like to customize my dashboard to see what I would like to see. This may be feasible but have not researched as of yet.

Ericka B.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Just like Salesforce but much cheaper

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Pros

It's a cheaper CRM than Salesforce, but is a great way to keep track of customers and potential prospects.

Cons

The navigation of the site took a while for me and my team to get used to. and it was also a bit difficult figuring out how to sync it with mail chimp.

Angie L.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Great product and wonderful customer service

Reviewed on 08/06/2020

I have had a positive experience with BigContacts. It meets my needs and I really appreciate the swift response of their customer service.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to operate. I can capture incoming and outgoing emails as well, which is important.

Cons

I wish I could link emails to a client after the fact, sometimes I forget to cc myself and I miss capturing an email in real time.

Helen R.

So-so CRM

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

The benefits are the ease of use and the price; however, given some of the difficulties with the program, we would have went with another CRM.

Pros

Very easy to use, email forwarding is beneficial. They have email templates, but we don't use them. Social media updates are useful.

Cons

The CRM freezes at times, or fails to update tasks logged. They do not have an actual app and this really cannot be used on a tablet or smartphone. Customer support is not the most helpful. If you decided to switch, getting your data download is a headache.

Christy G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

Works very well for our needs

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

After researching and testing dozens of CRM options, we chose Big Contacts because it was the best fit for our unique needs. We've been able to customize and now have 8 users to help manage our contacts.

Pros

The ability to customize fields

Cons

The inability to merge companies and contacts, as we have several redundant contacts. I would like more direction and training on how to utilize Big Contacts to suit our needs.

Mike H.

• Customer Support Software

BigContacts review by a real estate broker

Reviewed on 23/01/2010

BigContacts is a very easy-to-use system for keeping track of your calendar and contacts.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Easy to import data from previous database (ACT V6). Very easy to train new users. It's so intuitive you don't even need a manual. It's perfect for sharing calendars and contact information between two agents working as a team. System response time is good most of the time.

Cons

I have found the system unavailable for use around 10 p.m. Pacific Time, apparently while the data is being backed up. Response times are occasionally slowed during the day, possibly due to heavy system use. The letter-writing and label-generation functionality is poor to non-existent, but it's easy to work around these deficiencies using the excellent tools for exporting to Excel, then using Microsoft mail-merge.

Stefanie D.

Custom Contact Mangement

Reviewed on 25/01/2010

Good product that allows for effective customizing of data and management tools.A few glitches and limitations require some attention, but overall we are pleased with the system.

Pros

- Affordable
- Custom data fields are extremely important for our organization and Big Contacts has made it easy to tailor the system to our needs
- Good email function
- Ability to convert searches to excel is very helpful
- Very prompt and attentive customer support

Cons

- It would be extremely helpful to be have special search functions available for custom data fields.
- Some glitches: business names are sometimes deleted for no apparent reason, leaving contacts linked with the business difficult to find.
- Contact table is extremely slow and often freezes the system for quite a long time

Kristi W.
  • Industry: Restaurants

• Customer Support Software

Works ok way too sale-y not very flexible

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

Steps for setting up things are pretty cumbersome. I really don't use it much anymore as everything I want is some additional expense (spell check used to be an "add -on" now email confirmation is). We use an event software that is much more responsive, flexible and easy to use and all-inclusive. BigContacts stores the data and lets me send emails. That's about it - ps lots of emails in the history have been lost over time. I just stick with it because all my data is there now....

Pros

Stores the info and now allows spell check

Cons

Read previous notes

Charles h B.

Chairman

World Class

Pros

The service has been able for our team to be on top of interactions with client via the note capabilities. The client / vendor phone numbers, address & other related infromation is at you finger tips where ever you might be. The IPhone app connectivity has been the best enhancement to date... it is fast & makes available in an orderly format all that you need on the contact... the data base if very robust & easy to use.

Cons

Not a con but i would like to see soon "voice recognition" for entering notes on client meeting action items, etc. as well as being able to speak for the desired client name, phone # etc.

Sam W.

• Customer Support Software

Big contacts puts all the info at your fingertips

Reviewed on 22/01/2010

I would heartily recommend bigcontacts to a small business that needs a easy-to-use, quick-to-implement cms that can scale easily.

Pros

I've looked at a handful of cms', but bigcontacts really outshined the others by allowing the user to quickly edit contact info, add tasks, log calls etc quickly, without having to navigate to other sceens. This is what we needed - CMS structure without having that structure get in my way.

Cons

Sometimes (because of either their server or our internet access) the interface becomes unresponsive - ie, you click "update comment" on a contact and nothing happens.

Steve S.

The last "Contact Manager" I'll ever use

Reviewed on 22/01/2010

Overall, I'm very impressed and continue to look forward to new add on's in the future.

Pros

I've progressed from ACT to Goldmine to Big Contacts. Big Contacts enables me to quickly access client information from any internet connection. Scheduling "Tasks" is quick and easy. Need to write a letter- everything is there for you on one screen. Also, I've used the support team and found them to be very helpful.

Cons

I'm currently working on resolving a problem with my email drop box- although it could be an issue with my email provider?

Caitlin C.

No Problems!

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

I've never had any trouble while using Big Contacts. Furthermore, the customer service is unparalleled- they are even reaching out to me on their own to ask if I need help with anything! It has made organization for my nonprofit foundation extremely easy, and I am happy to have found it.

Gloriana W.

Gloriana's reveiw

Reviewed on 06/10/2016

I overall love the software and find it useful. Two wishes are compatibility with an app so that I can navigate while on the road better. Also wish I can change the order of tasks at will to show the most recent first if I need to.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

No app for phone

David E.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Time with Big Contacts

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

I enjoyed my experience with the support team and using Big Contacts in my business. It is a wonderful, general purpose contact management system. I learned that I needed a contact system that was more focused on managing contacts for sales purposes. I would recommend the system for general purpose contact management.

Pros

it is a wonderful general purpose contact system.

Cons

not focused enough on managing contacts for sales purposes.