Insightly Reviews

Insightly

Insightly is the modern, affordable CRM that teams love.

4.0/5

Mathew
Mathew
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

Highly customizable and advanced CRM tool with easy to navigate features.

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Insightly , no doubt have been a great addition to our tools for perfect customer relation management. We can track customers, mails and leads and project at an in-expensive subscription providing us with great and handy features.

Pros

Insightly CRM has the most intimidating interface with easy to understand and quite productive features. It is a perfect tool for the customer relation for mid-size and small organizations. We can easily customize the tool in order to get it properly synchronized with our working and requirements.

Cons

From the initial look, it is not very much professional but rather seems to be a visually appealing tool. The integration with the other tool is also not so easy and reliable and affects the overall performance. The project collaboration tools also gives me a tough time so there needs to be some improvements required.

Response from Insightly

Thanks so much for your kind note, Mathew. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team.

I'm more than happy to help review your integration concern. Integrations shouldn't slow the system down.

Anne
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Customizing Insightly

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

I think it is a great, affordable product. I'm disappointed in the Customer Care response (or lack thereof). The Customer Support team is great. They can troubleshoot and fix items. Customer Care is required if you are trying to better/best use the product. I think that group needs some work. Anyone customizing the product should be confident that Insightly knows how it will be used for user's business and that may mean more questions upfront, better understanding of a client's business.

Pros

That we could customize. We were able to make this software work for our needs, which were a bit different than how the typical sales team might. We can track our orders and do great reporting.
Dashboards are very nice feature. Ability to customize pipelines very helpful and visuals are great. Customer support team is helpful and responsive.

Cons

Integration with our needs was a bit difficult. Our sales person seemed to understand what we needed to accomplish but I don't think the customer care person is as savvy. Customization is great, but if it impacts how you can report items or get most accurate data, user needs to understand that. We got creative in how we used items and where possible, didn't customize, just repurposed so we got the benefit of the connections Insightly makes. In our haste to be up and using, I don't think enough time was spent on that and rework was involved.

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

Did not like the web version as much as the local and the local had to sync properly. It's better to be in the web and Insightly affords that ease. People were challenged by using Act in some cases and I think just soured on it so sometimes it's best to start fresh.

Act!

functionality, customization and cost
Dave
Dave
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

HORRIBLE experience with Insightly.

Reviewed on 14/04/2017

We've been looking around for a new system for the past few months. Insighly has a lot of great features but we've run into way too many problems using it.

Pros

* CRM and project management together in the same application

* Easy navigation between clients, leads, tasks, etc

* User-friendly interface

Cons

Far too many features are missing and it seems like Insightly just isn't in a hurry to make the necessary features available such as:

* Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly. It's 2016 -- HTML email has been around for a long time. It's so hard to believe that this isn't a priority for them.

* Can't PRINT any of the data from within Insightly. This is a necessary feature for our company (and I'd think for ANY company). What good can our data do for our company if it can't be printed out?

* There always seems to be some kind of bug with the Google calendar integration. Items appear as one date inside of Insightly and another date inside Google Calendar.

* Cost of service is ridiculously overpriced when compared to the basic functionality that is missing. Cost of $35/month per user means that it could cost us $350/month to migrate our team to Insightly -- we simply CAN NOT JUSTIFY SPENDING $4200 per year on a system that isn't fully functional.

* SLOW, SLOW, SLOW customer service / tech support. I reported an issue last September and I received a notification 7 months later that it has been resolved. Why do simple fixes take so long?

* They do NOT listen to what their customers want and instead choose to roll out new "features" that no one was asking for in the first place. We want HTML email and we want to be able to PRINT. Why is that so hard to do?

Tarek
Tarek
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Insightly : a good option to start with cloud based CRMs for Small businesses

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

Insightly helps entrepreneurs and small businesses like most of our clients to get to the digital space and excel in no time. As a Technology expert, I highly recommend it to entrepreneurs beginning with tech and online platforms for their business.

Pros

Insightly Helps small and mid business manage their leads and projects online, through a fully fledged cloud based tool that provides an abundance of smart features, including customer insights from internet sources, and structured project/opportunity management platform.

Cons

It is probably requiring some advanced knowledge from our end, but integrating Insightly with e-mail services, social media and other 3rd parties seemed to be complex. We've been using Insightly in its early times, and I'm sure that things went better afterwards with the continuous improvements by Insightly amazing teams.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

In its first launch, Insightly shown more functions for small businesses that attracted me, especially for individuals with no previous experience of online software CRMs. Nevertheless, each of the other competitors on the market has its competitive advantage, and addresses the needs of a particular niche. Each consumer needs to know first what features make sense to their business before choosing a CRM.
Joshua
Joshua
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Brings all record-keeping together

Reviewed on 25/12/2019

We have only been using Insightly for a couple of weeks, but overall I've liked it a lot. Prior to using Insightly, we were manually note-taking in Word documents for each client. Each time that a lead was converted, we then had to go and update everything. Now that we are able to integrate all of our notes, contacts, emails, etc. into one system, the workload has drastically lightened.

Pros

The thing that I like most about Insightly is that it allows me to document everything from start to finish with each customer. For example, if I send an email to a lead/customer, all I have to do is add that as an attachment in Insightly and I can go back at any time and see anything that was linked with that particular person. This helps track progress when passing off to other team members, too. In a sense, Insightly brings all of the "record-keeping" together and puts in one simple platform.

Cons

The project management function is pretty basic. Unlike a couple other CRM software that I've tested, Insightly does not offer many of the graphical views that the others do. Being someone who has an easier time seeing data in the visual realm, this was a feature that I wished Insightly would add.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Salesforce was not transparent in their pricing. Also, my colleague told me that she heard Salesforce is difficult to set up.

Response from Insightly

Hi Joshua! Thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours, and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Nezar
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Effective and Affordable

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Overall for small or medium size sales organizations, this is a great vehicle to ensure all opportunities are documented and tracked. Scheduling follow up ensures that communication errors are mitigated and the email templates support marketing initiatives.

Pros

The software offers many free features that others charge. It is excellent for a small business on an operational budget but can easily enhance when necessary. Automated marketing email templates are effective and easy to use. The system also integrates well with other marketing products. The dashboard gives a snapshot of your sales opportunities and the user can customize.

Cons

Documenting phone call attempts and connects take too many steps. The Task portion is a bit complicated and again requires too many steps.

Pipedrive, Nimble, and Bitrix24

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

More enhanced features are included without additional costs.

Response from Insightly

Hi Nezar,
Thank you for the feedback!!!

Carolyn
Carolyn
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

intuitive and easy to use

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Pros

easy to customise pipeline, good online information support

Cons

unable to customise reports to the extent we need

Trello, Basecamp, and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

hunting for a product that could automate our reports

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

price was very competitive initially
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

Scalable CRM platform for businesses of all sizes

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Insightly has been a beneficial addition to our sales and marketing efforts allowing us to easily store our contacts, leads, and projects in one platform.

Pros

I really like how Insightly can be customized and scaled to fit the needs of the business. We are a mid size company and other CRMs were too robust and complicated. Insightly is just right.

Cons

I think it is kind of expensive per user. I would like to see a lower monthly cost per user.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Insightly was the right sized product for us and our needs. Salesforce was too expensive and had to many features we didn't need.
Amanda
  • Industry: Human Resources Software

Used insigntly before HubSpot

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

Used it daily to manage customers and projects. Didn’t have enough features so we switched to hubspot

Pros

It was an ok product to use before we switched to HubSpot. Helped to manage customers, and projects.

Cons

Couldn’t do as much as Hubspot, though the price is very low

Wil

• Customer Support Software

Good software that does the job well.

Reviewed on 26/08/2023

It was the first CRM I used and I had a good experience using it.

It was the first CRM I used and I had a good experience using it.

Pros

I liked how easier I could manage contacts and tag them for a variety of purposes. This was my main reason to use the software.

Cons

As a solopreneur, I did not like that a lot of the features available didn't seem designed for me and I felt like I was paying for features I did not need.

Natalie
  • Industry: Construction Software

Insightly - We're Back Again

Reviewed on 08/03/2023

We love Insightly and have solved the major issue of project management as well as integration with Quickbooks so we can have a high level overview of each project, opportunity, and where we are with the quickbooks billing. It saves us a lot of time and removes a lot of human error in our processes as well.

Pros

The ease of tracking multiple types of projects and stages of the project and the visibility of each project's status. We tried Hubspot for two years and came back with Insightly as it was so much better to use.

Cons

The marketing function, and the products, pricebooks, and quotes could use some additional features compared to their competition. They aren't as easy to use and can be clunky at times.

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

We had been with Insightly for three years, then switched to husbpot before all the new marketing features were released in Insightly. After the person left who had us make the switch to Hubspot, we went back to Insightly and questioned why we ever left.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Insightly was easier to use, we knew how it worked and our team who is not as technologically advanced was able to pick up and use the system very easily with limited training.
Jonathan

8- year customer still finding ways insightly can improve our efficencies

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Insightly has replaced our Outlook contact lists entirely. It also manages and tracks our teams progress on projects, events, and programs much better than using spreadsheets or other options we looked at.

Pros

CRM and contact management is fantastic. Our entire team has the mobile app and we can update info on the fly and everyone gets it at the same time. We use the Project Management tool daily to track and organize our work in a variety of areas. Pipelines ensure we don't miss any steps in our standardized processes.

Cons

The learning curve was steeper than we expected. With customer support's help (which has been very good) we are now in a place where the software is saving us time and continually making our work more efficient.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

The seamless integration of the CRM part of the tool with with tracking our work in other areas such as projects, events, programs, workshops, etc.. in the project management part of the tool.
KELSEY
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Used for 2+ years

Insightly CRM Review

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

Overall, Insightly solved my simple problems and provided a solution to our financial services firm so we could track our leads/projects until completion.

Pros

I previously used a version of Salesforce for small companies called Salesforce IQ. It didn't link contacts to leads, projects and companies well. It synced too much information from email and most of it wasn't relevant. Insightly solved all of these problems and made it easy to connect the dots between a person, lead, project, etc.

Cons

The software graphics were somewhat childish initially, but they have updated the graphics over time. It would be great if the software provided analysis / charts on some of the data that is stored there without forcing the user to do it themselves manually in excel.

DealCloud, Zoho CRM, and Pipedrive

Comments above

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Insightly was best for linking contacts, companies, leads and projects. They also had an email syncing tool which was helpful.

Response from Insightly

Thanks so much for your kind note, Kelsey. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team

Austin
Austin

Constantly Evolving CRM

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

My company switched from Salesforce to Insightly due to Salesforce's high-pressured sales people and lack of being customer-focused. Insightly is a lot better at this and really tries to develop a connection with their clients. For the most part, Insightly has most of what you would expect out of a CRM. As a developer though, I often get ask to add functionality into Insightly and a lot of times there are things that simply can't be done due to system limitations.

Pros

What I like most about Insightly is its simplicity. It's rather easy to get up and going with it. It's also easy to train new users on the system.

Cons

I find that Insightly hasn't fully developed their developer-centric features. I do have to say though that they are always working on improving in this area, but coming from a Salesforce background I find that there is quite a bit lacking. In Insightly's defense, they simply haven't been around long enough or had enough time to build up to the technical capabilities that something like Salesforce has.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Great program that can sometimes be "An un-tappable resourse!

Reviewed on 16/11/2014

We are a small start-up company and have been using Insightly for about 5 months. I have used several more complex CRM's in the past. While I "Get" CRM and I like the program, there are enough questions to drive a user crazy! To wit:
When entering a phone number you have to insert the dashes. A minor point that gets frustrating very quickly!
One should be able to set a "Default Country." Entering United States every time gets tedious!
On other CRM programs, I can enter a contact once and, if there is another person from that same company, I can choose to retain the information and simply change the name and e-mail address. Not so with Insightly! You have to re-enter ALL of the info for each contact!
Upon entering the program, Insightly proudly announces that they have teamed-up with "Microsoft One drive" and Google "Whatever." I'm older but not that far gone, yet I haven't a CLUE as to what these programs are and how to use them!
Finally, the big frustration:
How does a task differ from an event differ from a meeting differ from notes?
Now, don't get me wrong, the Insightly team always returns my e-mail questions promptly but, how many times can I do that in one day? There really needs to be a manual (not videos!) for this stuff!
I looked for an "Insightly For Dummies" book on Amazon but there isn't one.

This CRM is obviously geared towards twenty-something's and not us older folks.. And yet, we outnumber them and in many cases make more $$$ than them!

Are you listening Insightly?

Pros

Inexpensive with basic functions that are easy to use

Cons

No easy way to get answers to questions

Response from Insightly

We'll pass the feedback on entering data on to our product group. With regards to tutorial information to help you get started we have a number of resources for first time Insightly users -- many of them are on our resources page on our website (www.insightly.com/resources). Our Getting Started Guide is a ebook on the resources page. Our our online knowledgebase has great FAQs (i.e. what are tasks and how do I use them?) and short 3-4 min tutorial videos (Insightly University). You can access our online knowledgebase at help.insightly.com (and there is also a link to our knowledgebase from our resources page). Also if you are a paid customer we offer phone based '1 on 1 Help to Get You Started' (www.insightly.com/pricing).

On a positive note, I'm glad that you are pleased with the response from our support team.

With regards to age, the bulk of our users are in the 35-50 range so we welcome users of all ages :>)

Hope this helps.

Jason
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Best CRM

Reviewed on 13/03/2023

Pros

Very customizable and able to tailor the platform to fit the needs of sales. Straightforward pipelines. Lead/contact management is crucial to our business, and this platform helps store them in one spot which can easily be looked up. Email leads/contacts straight from the platform with pre-written messages.

Cons

The email notification about tasks being updated or changed could be cleaned up. 3 seperate emails for someone updating a task, the pipeline moving to a different stage, and a new task for me. Would like this to be more simplified, especially if someone uploads a file into my opportunities - too many email notifications to sort through.

Krystal
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Insightly is a CRM with a very clean interface that is easy to navigate

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Insightly is my favorite CRM. I love the app version, and I am able to connect Insightly with other apps. It offers great value for the product, and customer support is good, and responsive.

Pros

I love Insightly because it has a clean look that is easy on the eyes, and it is a very intuitive CRM, unlike many others that can overwhelm or be confusing.

Cons

Hard to think of many drawbacks with this CRM. Sometimes I wish the community pages and discussion boards were more lively.

Tracey
Tracey

• Customer Support Software

Insightly has awesome customer support and works well for a with 3 remote locations

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

Overall a good product. I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forums of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

Pros

It is easy to have three branches of a business integrated into insightly in a relatively seamless way. It takes the CRM and the Project management aspects of running a business into the cloud along with scheduling and solves a lot of problems for the business I set up who are still using it today. They have used customer support extensively and appreciate their dedication to the product.

Cons

Looking forward to better social media integration - this is currently not a real feature and something that our heavily social dependent business would really benefit from

Matt

Insightly is the perfect CRM

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

We are a small business that is growing and Insightly has been there with us from almost the start. I have used a lot of CRMs in my career and honestly Insightly does everything the competition does (and more) with a much more reasonable price point. Insightly is very flexible and can really be built to manage the needs of a many different businesses across many different industries. We don't have any reason to look elsewhere and are very pleased with Insightly.

Pros

First of al, Insightly's price point is excellent. The value we receive in comparison to what we pay is awesome. I really like that I can change things on the fly as needed. There have been a few things I needed specifically that no CRM really had. The team at Insightly was able to find a solution that filled the gaps I had. Their on-boarding and customer success team has been great to work with and very helpful. We are growing and I have no reason to look elsewhere.

Cons

Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all of the items available to change. If I need to make a change, it can seem cumbersome and I may forget where to go. The only other thing I have to say is I wish more could have been setup during my implementation calls. I don't fault my Implementation Specialist for this and I know the purpose of those call were to make sure I could do it all myself.

Thomas

• Customer Support Software

Almost Perfect - But not quite!

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

After using many CRM systems from Salesforce, Zoho, Apptivo, Pipeline Deals, Pipedrive, Base CRM and more, Insightly is a 'breath of fresh air' (even though that is getting a bit stale lately - more on that shorty). Frankly, after looking at many of these systems, I was tempted to design and create my own system (I have been a software engineer for 30 years and own a software development firm as one of my companies). Yet I decided to give Insightly the last shot. It works great - almost the way I would have designed. There are some weaknesses as well, most of all the lack of the support teams response to multiple request of the same kind and promising future fixes that 'are just not coming'. That all said, Insightly is well rounded, has lots of integration options and works very well for most CRM needs, especially around customer service, contacting, tracking and task planing. Even light weight project management is included in 2 different forms - pipelines or more traditional but more complicated to use project management optionsl

Pros

Here are just a few pros:
* Easy to use and learn
* Integrated Light Weight Project Management
* Fast Response
* Great note taking
* Easy task tracking
* Great for sales cycles and customer service alike
* Useful Integrations
* Better User Interface than most (every tried Salesforce and couldn't find anything?)

Cons

A couple of Cons:
* Service - The guys and gals at Insightly need to learn to listen and pass information 'up the management chain'
* Task and Event Handling need improvement as reported by many clients
* Need fully functional 2-way sync with Google Calendar
* Need real workflow functionality instead of clunky Project Management (to their defense, lots of systems 'miss this one')

Sai
Sai

Excellent CRM

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

Our team’s experience with Insightly has been stellar

Our team’s experience with Insightly has been stellar

Pros

Insightly is an exceptional CRM platform that allows sales, customer success teams to be efficient and collaborative. Reports and insights are easy to generate. It is perfect for small businesses

Cons

Some features and functionalities with customizable fields are limited when compared to other CRMs

Enni
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Decent CRM software

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

My overall experience with Insightly has been good, however, there are other really good CRM softwares that can do the same job or even a better job.

Pros

Insightly offers a wide range of features to manage sales and marketing activities. It is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The software makes it really easy to navigate and track customer information.

Cons

The software is a bit pricey compared to other similar services. In addition, it has some limitations for advanced customizations. Moreover, reports and analytics could be more advanced.

Scott
  • Industry: Utilities

Good product

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Sometimes finding the right space to put notes becomes a little onerous and can be clunky when trying to find a contact within a organization

Pros

Pretty easy to use, task and follow up easy to set up in a sign

Alex
  • Industry: Publishing

Insightly — Helpful and Informative

Reviewed on 03/03/2023

Insightly is a great tool for organizations to manage large amounts of data and clearly visualize their progress via reports. It requires a certain level of competency to use effectively (the number of folders and tabs can get overwhelming for the unitiated), but the program itself works great.

Pros

I appreciate how Insightly easily allows us to organize large amounts of data, create clearly-readable reports, and allow each department to clearly see the progress of each individual project — synthesizing our results to maximize effectiveness.

Cons

My only main issue with Insightly is the occasional lag that crops up from time to time. When updating a contact or re-organizing a report with additional contacts, it sometimes takes a while for the results to appear. Additionally, sometimes I'm randomly logged out, which momentarily breaks my focus.

Rabab
Rabab
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Great CRM for a Small Business

Reviewed on 06/01/2022

Insightly made it easy to manage our contacts from within Gmail and sync to other apps. We found it helped us boost the productivity of our team. However, in the end, it was too simple for our needs.

Pros

Insightly is easy to set up and quite intuitive even for new users.

Cons

It didn't offer the robust features that other more specialized CRMs offer so as much as we liked it, we had to shift to something with more options. The project management features were also less useful as compared to some of the other options we tried out.